[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 23 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

Is it possible to trace an image and model it in Blender? If so, i wanna learn how to do it.
>>
enable background images and go to wireframe mode
>>
no, using 2d pictures as reference for 3d models is impossible. nobody ever does it.
>>
I think OP means tracing picrel, not standard 2d reference pictures. impossibru in brendar

there is a japanese program that can do this, though
>>
>>595324
For real?
>>
>>595322
Anime figurine maker guys sorta do this. With real clay and stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC6V0eKjhL4
>>
>>595333
I'm talking about 3d modelling based off an image like Shoes or anything, and you just linked a video that had nothing to do with the thread whatsoever.
>>
>>595347
The thread is retarded garbage and should be purged. The author of the thread should be euthanized, his remains disposed of, and his family fined a significant fee.
>>
>>595351
This poster should be put onto therapy for people with anger management issues.
>>
>>595311
>inkscape
>open image
>trace bitmap
>save as svg file format
>import svg into blender
and your model is complete with shit topology.
>>
File: zxczxc.png (106 KB, 1424x838)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
here you go >>595398
>>
>>595398
How feasible is it to retopology something like that in a program like Zbrush?
>>
File: Capture.png (71 KB, 837x837)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>595442
you can get better results.
but it's still shitty.

>>595759
it's possible but a fucking pain.
>>
I don't think it's possible to generate a 3d model off a 2d image unless you have some program which works calibrated to specific shadow/shading based calculations, but for that you would need real pictures of an object with very specific lighting conditions and not drawings
>>
>>595311
Learn to draw. Understand basic shapes. Its easier to do it the long way then to try and find a short cut.
>>
>>595442
>>595785
I don't understand the point of this? It *looks* like there's some height information but it'll look awful regardless of what you do with it.
>>
Look up "camera matching".

Sadly, it can only be used for props and environments. For characters, you've got two choices: either modeling them in T-pose the proper way, or carving them out of a volume like a traditional sculptor (which means you won't be able to pose it afterwards). Either technique requires good knowledge of anatomy and sculpting, at which point you'll find you won't really need to trace an image.
>>
>>595311
Just redraw the character in t-pose and work from there.
>>
>>595311
>>596119
This, and if you can't draw find an artist who can and commission them. Keep and eye out for somebody with solid anatomy, even when they are just sketching lose stuff. Everything else is secondary to that. Also talk to them an make sure they are aware of your needs; i.e. orthographic front/side view, with proportional consistence.
>>
>>595311
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1CTfis1TEg&list=PLvgIVNDU-Dxjb3eukDF5W0l0-6ShO9OiM&index=2

I'm a bit confused on what you mean, but usually people just make a front and side picture.

Then they >>595314
>>
>>595815
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi0OM8v8C5w&t=91s

>cough
>>
>>598646
well yeah, everyone here can (AND SHOULD) make 3d models based on references, but what these guys are after is software that generates a 3d model based on a picture. Even ill fitted pictures which are abbreviated illustrations like the OP.
>>
>>595311
You'd be better off drawing T pose for the character and using it as reference to model the character, then using bones to make it pose like your image using it as a reference this time
>>
>>595324
>impossibru in brendar
wrong. Brendar is open source and extendable. Whatever fancy algorithm found in your overpriced environment can be replicated and even improved in Blender. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it can't be done. Think before you post.
>>
You mean like Live 2d? I don't think that fuctionality is possible in Blender, but there are similar programs that can do so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg40RzBIqTY
>>
>>595311
Most anons here are pretty vague with their suggestions and insults, but basically: No
If you want to make a cartoon/anime character in blender based on a drawing, it would be best to draw the character yourself in a front and possibly side view. Then you "trace" those front and side view in blender to make a 3d model, like >>598646
Then you can rig the character and pose it like in the original sketch and then tweak it here and there to make the proportions etc. just like the original

that's how it usually goes

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.