[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: grassguru.png (219 KB, 377x392)
219 KB
219 KB PNG
https://blendermarket.com/products/the-grass-essentials
>>
People are lazy to make their art on their own. Fuck them. Good on him, although he was not the only creator of that pack.
>>
Physically modelled grass that renders faster and uses less memory than using Blender's built-in strands.
>>
I bought his rocks.
They were cool rocks.
>>
>>595374
he lives in south korea.
i imagine his taxes are retarded.

>he prob only brought home a $5 hot topic gift card
>>
File: bs.jpg (254 KB, 1306x621)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
Yeah, because that's totally how you sculpt rocks.

Lack of care for natural environments pisses me off. Yes, just buy premade generic looking shit and be like everybody else.
>>
>>595374
To be fair that's some nice looking grass.
>>
>>595404

Your post is confusing.

Though you make logical and valid statements ("Lack of care for natural environments is bad", "Buying premade generic looking shit is bad"), they are not supported by the image you attached and the first sentence of your comment.

Are you saying BlenderGuru's models are good or bad? If bad, then you're wrong and the image you posted is taken out of context.
>>
>>595412
What? I never said that. Pic is not related to the second part of the post, I'm criticizing his reasoning why to buy his product. The example is retarded, you can make beautiful rocks by hand just fine if you wanted to, no need for photogrammetry.

TL;DR - I made two separate statements in one post...
>>
His major in college was business if I remember correctly.. He is literally doing what he went to school for. Is that so bad?
>>
>>595374
What's your point? Plenty of people make more selling the SEEDS for the grass. :^)
>>
>>595375
>People are lazy to make their art on their own.
Time is money. $84 isn't very much money if it saves you hours of work.
>>
>>595444
Ahh... Unfortunately, I agree. Still makes me very salty. I wouldn't mind it for an archviz scene, but if you're making environments and use premade vegetation and rocks... I don't know what to say.
>>
Blendlets getting wet over grass LMAO

Meanwhile, in the real world...
>>
>>595477
Personally, I'd rather it be a mix of premade and self-made models, but it depends entirely on the situation.
>>
File: 1500756448970.jpg (53 KB, 772x580)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>595374
>Man
>>
>>595374
Good for him.
>>
File: yeet8882-4 copy.png (95 KB, 319x300)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>>
File: Blender-Communism-PSA.png (275 KB, 999x1208)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
>>595374
Never forget
>>
soyboy makes millions selling grass latte, if theres a market for it, good for they/thim
>>
>>595764
incorrect!
communism implies the state owns blender and that in order for you to utilize the tool you must be part of the outer party and have instructions to do so from the inner party.

but there is no party...
there's no cake...
no ice cream...
no balloons...
just these fucking shitty, stale, office break room donuts.
>>
>>595771
Calling people 'soyboy' is a pretty clear sign that you are partial to spending big chunks of your time consuming the content of anti-intellectual conspiracy theorist cringe merchants on YouTube.
I'd keep a lid on that shit if I were you.
>>
>>595782
t. intellectual atheist
>>
>>595783
Hypothermic douche chills.

An entire network of foreveralones who started out with one or two common-sense points to make (there probably isn't a god, shutting down people you don't agree with isn't in sync with the values of democracy etc. etc.) and then, having run out of things to say, they kept talking and talking and screaming and shouting and ended up looking like the bunch of angry friendless virgins they always were.

There's a quote about how having a moderate level of intelligence actually makes you more dangerous than someone who has no intelligence at all that is aposite.
>>
File: ultimatelord.jpg (117 KB, 900x562)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>595786
>>
>>595786
yeah dude i like rick and morty too
>>
>>595828
Never seen it. Seriously. Why? Should I watch it? Not trolling.
>>
>>595826
Yeah but, it's almost certainly a member of the 'PC master race' - not a console owner.
>>
>>595764
Nah, that's Lightwave. Blender's Anti-Capitalist.

The real question would be where Maya and C4D would lie on that scale.
>>
>>595830
It is a good and fun show with a bad reputation because kids take the nihilism displayed by a main protagonist at face value instead of seeing through the character and his coping mechanism.
So instead of feeling empathy towards him they make him their role model which is kinda stupid and especially intolerable if you have to be around them in real life.

Good show, definitely recommendable, but has a horrible toxic fan-base.
>>
>>595835
Ok.... but what has that got to do with what I said about the neckbeard MRA vlogger cringe-community?
>>
>>595764

Fucking saved

You forgot to add the coffee cup tho
>>
>>595826
It's a shame that Dawkins and 'the god delusion' got dragged down into this shit. I've read it, and it's an important book, but when it's the only book you've ever read, and you base the entirety of your worldview on it - you're gonna lead a lonely existence.
>>
File: Blender-Communism-PSA.png (400 KB, 990x1197)
400 KB
400 KB PNG
>>595851
fix'd
>>
>>595764
>>595834
Andrew Price actually doesn't like communists or antifa.
>>
>>595910

So what?

Communism killed hundreds of millions of people and AntiFa are a group of braindead trouble-making thugs.
If you 'don't like' either of these things, it doesn't really say anything about you other than that you're a pretty normal human being.

I lean left and I don't like communism or AntiFa. This does not mean I must therefore be some 'anarcho-capitalist' <cringe> Pepe-pin wearing douche. It's just very basic shit that you can't exactly use to learn anything about anyone.
>>
>>595951
>Communism killed
Hahahahaha
>>
>>595396
He would have paid about $80K in taxes on $250K of income there. If he's a U.S. citizen, subject to double-taxation, he would have gotten assraped.
>>
File: 1514434428626.jpg (69 KB, 828x414)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>595859
>>
>>598765
The CIA is on Trump's side...what?
>>
>>595951

- be poor comunist peasant: get to doctor. doctor walks in. son of a farmer who made himself. comunism gave him the chance for free and he used it.
-sup my anon! take a sit and make "AAAA!"
- 2 minutes later: "lad we need to replace this and that with wolfram-molibdenum cover. this hole need filling! i can put into some metal or plastic into it but it will look ugly and need maintaince. want to have the golden one instead? that all will hold for 30 years without to care or maintance at all..
- agree. 2 weeks later walk out paid only for materials. everything else is paid by evil comunism dictature. with clean mouth for next 20 years. saw doctor only 2-3 years for check in.

--capitalism: last week discover new hole in the tooth. capitalist progressive doctor. diplomas on diplomas. son of a doctor..
--hello mister anon. please sit down. drink some coffe and tell me your life story. (i pay his talk hour to)
--20 minutes later: ohh may.. what a nice old fillings you have.. they all need to be replaced. i can recomend you this plastic stuff. it will not be visible at all and you can shew like a shampion.
-- agree only to plastic filling into new hole. doctor took over 1000 euros. cant chew. pain.

--connect yourself to old comunist doctor.
--take a visit to him. he looks into your mouth and nods. "lad you dont need to replace old fillings and covers. they are fine and will live longer than you yourself. you took good care of them. your plastic shit in new hole will do you pain for next 6 month and you will replace it again in 2 years. your teeth line will change because of that and you will not be capable to shew your food propper. which will cause you stomach pain.
--ask the doctor what to do. "travel to china and replace the shit."
--travel to mother russia where old guy replaces the progressive capitalist shit with gold inliner.
--forced the old doc to take my money.

can shew again. no pain. no visit to doctor for next 2 years. fuck capitalism.
>>
>>598766

CIA is own sinde my nigger. it is state financed secret oligarchy, where talented get filthy rich by fighting cold/drug/islamism/antifa-altright/colorrevolution wars when selling shit around the world.
>>
>>598769
Suppose I can't disagree.
>>
>>595374
Why do you have to put up this shitface again and again are you a faggot or what?
>>
>>598768
Move to NK, see how well that goes
>>
>>598774
>move to NK, you will know what commi is

rolf kek. its like to move to south somalia to learn what capitalism means.
NK is not capitalism my nigger. also NK is under complete sanctions, where the "progressive west" trying for generations to starve north koreans into submission. ALL the trade with them is under heavy punishment. everyone is forbidden to make business with NK beside some "economy zones" where NK is allowed to work as slaves for starving salaries.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.