[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 25 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: gun.jpg (11 KB, 300x300)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
Why guns? Get creative.
>>
Why orcs? Get creative.
>>
Why boobs? Get creative.
>>
Why >>599295? Get creative.
>>
>>
>>599295
why not guns? Get uninspired.
>>
>>599295
Only 12-year-olds and perma-virgins model guns...and Animu.
>>
>>599295

1. Guns are tools of violence.
2. Violence sells.
3. Video games are commercial products.
4. Putting guns and gun violence in a video game will make that game sell.

Any further questions?
>>
>>599408
I would rather have more sex in video games, than violence.
I think it's stupid how you can kill so many virtual people in a video game, and that's ok, but a consensual sex would be too much.

It's like people were conditioned to think that killing is ok to show in video games, but any sex is a level too high to show in video games.

When did SEX become a level above MURDER?
>>
>>599420
>>When did SEX become a level above MURDER?

That is 100% the kinda question that should be directed at religious people. Fucked if I know.

Point is; Americanized juvenile hero fantasy and wish-fulfillment for the self to be depicted as savior = $$$ and that doesn't look like it's gonna change any time soon.

I'm an environment guy, not a prop guy - so I have made precisely 0 guns or weapons of any kind and have no desire to do so, and for the record I think guns and gun enthusiasts are *super* douchey - but I am at peace with the fact that the products made by the industry I want to go into are intended to make money. Whatever vulnerabilities in the human condition that can be exploited in order to make that money are fair game as far as I'm concerned.

I gave up despairing over the way of the world a while ago. If people wanna spend their money on McDonalds and Transformers movies and have a shelf filled with 25 different versions of COD - then more power to them. I just wanna keep a roof over my head.
>>
>>599420
That is an US-American problem, the rest of the world isn't that retarded and prude (Islam country's excluded, these are turbo retarded and extra prude.)
>>
>>599420
Taking a life requires a lower person-level than creating a life and nurturing it for 18 years. How retarded are you that this isn't obvious to you?
>>
>>599420
>I would rather have more sex in video games, than violence.
that's because you're depraved.
also
>implying pointing and clicking equates to sex and/or murder
YOUR ANIME GIRLS ARE NOT REAL YOU FUCKING RETARDED LITTLE FAGGOT!
>>
because they get me paid
>>
>>599479
they're real in my mind
>>
File: ZeALZ3W.jpg (136 KB, 1072x710)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>599295
guns are alright WITH the exception of pistols. Pistols are the lamest looking guns by far.
>>
>>599295
>being butthurt on what other people do with their time
We truly are scraping the bottom of the barrel for discussion here.
>>
>>599464
This is an alarmingly conscientious post for /3/.
It's almost like.... like.... people round here are starting to grow up....?

Oh wait...
>>599479
>>YOU FUCKING RETARDED LITTLE FAGGOT!

Normal service has resumed.
>>
>>599464
>no pregnancy
>still wrong
>>
>>599420
I think it's because when you're young, one of the first things you learn is pain, and a bit later on death and how people can die. Later in life, you learn about sex as it isn't necessary for you to learn it as a toddler or a baby (for the most part, I don't want to get into pedophiliac rape). So, violence is easier for most people to tolerate than sex in video games. Though, I've heard in other countries, it's the other way around.
>>
>>599420
Sex creates people, and that's terrible.
>>
File: 1499805803306.gif (149 KB, 243x218)
149 KB
149 KB GIF
>>600332
seeing how death is an unavoidable fact of life, by creating a person you have pretty much sentenced them to death. if we think about it this way it all makes sense.
>>
>>599295
why care about creativity when you get a six figure bonus every three years off cod guns?
>>
>>600624
Tell me where pls.
>>
>>599361
Too meta
>>
>>599295
Why anything? Because that's what people are into. You're disliking of a certain subject does not make it any less interesting of a subject or any less valid creative outlet of some else.

Modelling a firearm with some level of mechanical accuracy takes a great investment of time.

>>599408
>Guns are tools of violence
See also: Kitchen knives, hammers, cars, tire irons, baseball bats, trucks of peace and anything else that's weighs more than a half of a pound or is made out of metal.

>>599997
My dude, you clearly need to look at historical pistols from the 1900s - 1950s. Also, I've got to image that pic-related would be pretty heavy to carry around. Cool pic.
>>
Why live? Just kill yourself.
>>
>>599295
Because they're composed of simple shapes combined to form a complex and visually interesting form.
They're also an object that, in the real world, has to be made to an exact specification; consequently very detailed references, blueprints, and turnarounds exist.
As a project, they are quite extensible and flexible; you can model the rough shape of the gun if you want to do something simple, or you can model each part and even animate the moving parts.
Guns are also made of well understood and well documented materials, listed in exact amounts and qualities (again, due to the machine tolerances required for their operation) but they also have a wide variety of customization options.

Other objects such as cars, airplanes, irrigation systems, meet some of the listed criteria but few objects are as simple yet scaleable as guns. They're also featured prominently in video games and movies, and because of the customization of guns you can have plenty of fantasy guns that can be as grounded as you like or as fantastic as you like, you can either design something yourself from the ground up or use someone else's concept art (again, in combination with the many highly detailed, easily accessible, real world references) to show off your skills.

But you knew all of that already, you piece of subhuman garbage. Fuck you for shitting up this miserable place with more of your worthless trash, I wish you'd fucking die.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.