[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

So what's the verdict on this movie? I've only seen the first season and thought it was alright. Not the best, but also not the worst anime ever. Is Ordinal Scale worth a watch?
>>
File: griffon 2.webm (2.8 MB, 1920x1080)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB WEBM
>>163398978
OS is worth a watch even if you thought sao wasn't that good

animation and music alone sold it to me
>>
>>163398978
It's good. If you despise SAO with a passion like some kind of anime youtuber then the film wouldn't change your mind but otherwise I would say the movie is worth watching.
>>
>>163398978
>Not the best, but also not the worst anime ever
That sums up the show
The people going on about how it's irredeemable garbage etc are half memeing at this point

Anyway the movie is alright. Beautiful visuals
>>
>>163398978
OS is a decent watch. You can probably watch it with just the first season under your belt even though some characters from S2 show up.
>>
I dropped S1 the episode after he returned to the real world. Fast forward to the present and now I kind of regret not sticking through to the end considering the games and movie look like fun.
>>
>>163399781
Yea you really need to understand the plot to appreciate SAO. Wouldn't be able to get the full experience of the video game without finishing season 1. And now season 1 is gone forever and youll never be able to watch it.
>>
>>163399781
Yeah it's a shame you can't go back and finish it.
>>
>>163398978
Better than expected given that it was made by A-1. The battle sequences were all pretty great, with the fight vs. the Samurai Lord, Kirito vs. Eiji, and the final battle being particularly standout.
>>
>>163399380
>>163399438
>>163399476
>>163400144
Thanks anons. Kind of surprised to see civilised responses desu. Has /a/ softened up towards the show while I was gone?
>>
>>163400144
>given that it was made by A-1
They can do great looking anime if they invest enough time and money, SAO is their cashcow so of course they went all out with the movie. Same with Idolm@ster
>>
>>163400241
As I said the SAO flaming eventually became a tired meme propagated by crossboarders
Plus, people like SAO Progressive manga
>>
>>163400241
Not really. Its just you dont have to watch season 2 to enjoy the movie so you might as well watch it. >>163400312
This is just not true. SAO is not a good anime beyond the first 9 or so episodes. Its not a "meme" you fucking SAOfag.
>>
>>163400351
It may not be a "good" anime but it's not the dumpster fire some folks make it out to be
>how dare people like something I dislike! better bring up how garbage it is in every thread discussing it
>>
>>163400312
SAO Progressive is top tier of its own genre.
>>
I watched it just for the native 1080p silky animation and wasn't disappointed in that respect
>>
>>163400448
Well thats your opinion, but dont be a faggot and claim any shitting on SAO is "memeing" because thats just delusional. The drop off from where they started, compared to where they ended up in season 2, is about as close to a trainwreck as you can get. If you dont like the fact that people bring up that fact every thread, then blame the anime for shitting the bed.
>>
>>163400621
>dont be a faggot and claim any shitting on SAO is "memeing"
I didn't say all criticism of the show is memeing but the kind that sounds like it came straight out of 2012 isn't there to offer anything of value beyond "you should feel bad if you enjoy this"
Don't pretend to not know what I'm talking about
>>
>>163400621
i like you
>>
>>163400462
Progressive adaptation when?
>>
>>163398978
It was pretty good.
Kirito's powerup montage was pretty silly, because of how quickly he overcame the limits the movie apparently imposed on him (possibly due to time constraints?)
The final fight was pretty hype, but its conclusion and aftermath are kinda retarded.
>>
>>163400891
I got the feeling that A-1 wanted to do more with Ordinal Scale but for some reason they couldn't go past the 2 hour limit. I don't understand why time constraints exist outside of maybe budget issues.
>>
>>163401211
Audience's stamina for one
>>
>>163399340
agreed. saw it in theaters and the visuals and music made up for the movie
>>
>>163400729
not him but SAO is one of the best or probably the best example on how to ruin a show. you can enjoy the first 8 eps but in the end there's still 2/3 of the anime that's utter shit. you actually should feel bad for enjoying SAO as a whole because you simply can't defend the 2nd half of it and confirm you have shit taste. it's the same for death note. just because the first half was great can't simply compensate for the rest of the show.
>>
>>163398978
The movie is easily the best anime of the year.
>>
>>163399994
The video games are played after Season 2 since some characters are from the GGO and MR arc.
>>
>>163400312
The LNs are good too.

>>163401339
Fairy Dance had some good elements.
>>
File: eqU6ECT.png (407 KB, 700x686)
407 KB
407 KB PNG
>>163401438
Read the prequel LN Hopeful Chant.
>>
>>163401775
Incorrect. The games start from Floor 75 of season 1 and diverge into its own canon from there.
>>
I like SAO and I honestly didn't care for the movie. The fights and animation were stellar but that almost just makes me more upset about the lazy writing. It was an absolute swiss cheese of plotholes.
>>
>>163400261
Has A-1 fucked anything up regarding SAO? I haven't read the novels myself
>>
The movie's visuals is amazing, to a certain degree. What I mean is, if they remove or minimize some of the composite effects, it would have been a lot better.

This is why I did not like the final battle as well. The first few fights were better for me because I actually could see stuff. In the final battle, it was effects galore.

With that said, the way they shot the final fight was infuriating for me because everything was moving like they don't actually want you to see anything. Fast cut here, fast cut there, 1-frame animation into a 2-frame move etc. It was confusing to say the least.

Storywise, for me, it was bad. One, they never said why Kirito didn't want the new tech. All I saw was a guy moping that full-dive is going obsolete in the story. Then suddenly, without him even saying anything, the story shows what's happening and you ahve to suddenly react like "Oh shit, NO WONDER Kirito didn't like this new tech." It was fucking retarded.

It's not about teaching the viewer being an intellectual or anything by guessing why Kirito is that way. For storytelling purposes, they have to at least solidify why Kirito was feeling that way. He never said why, he never discussed it with Asuna or the people close to him. This is why I don't like his character. Without even doing anything, he's already correct BUT STILL he is moping around, and then in a few hours with no fucking practice, he is suddenly in control of the new tech when needed.

Seriously, I don't know how they thought that the writing was fine with it.

>Animation
Stellar, but with some decisions I don't agree with.
>Music
Not my cup of tea, but it's fine for what it is.
>Story
A hack. It was very lazily done.
>>
>>163401870
What's that?
>>
>>163402423
They fucked up a couple episodes in the first half of Season 1.
When it came to the Fairy Dance arc, I didn't feel it was all that bad in written form, but it's still the worst arc, in my opinion.
They fucked up Season 2 by stretching everything out too much. The GGO arc was too short in the novels, so they went and stretched it out. Same for Calibur.

On the other hand, I feel that Mother's Rosario was much better in anime form than anyone was actually expecting.
Basically, A-1 is very inconsistent with how well they adapt everything.
>>
>>163401961
Recognizing who the characters from Season 2 are better though.
>>
>>163402852
Eiji and Yuna's story when they were in Aincrad.
>>
>>163402863
I hope they adapt Alicization well.
>>
>>163402989
>he doesnt know
>>
>>163403109
?

>>163402863
You should read Sisters' Prayer.
>>
>>163403109
Doesn't know what? I don't think A-1 has done anything with Alicization as far as I know
>>
>>163402941
Oh I see, didn't know that was a thing.
>>
>>163402863
Fairy Dance was horrible from start to finish; Kawahara swung too far the other way and probably had some frustration going on with his sister at the time.
>>
>>163404064
>and probably had some frustration going on with his sister at the time.
I'm told by a certain source that he does in fact have a sister, and he apparently doesn't talk to her all that much.
>>
>>163402863
This. They should have gotten Kawahara to write some anime original episodes instead of trying to stretch 3 novel volumes into 24 episodes.
>>
Animation is great, plot and character motivation is not that well thought out as usual

>>163400241
Shitposters have finally realized that popularity with normalfags =/= popularity with /a/, that they had been wasting their efforts on shit talking a series barely anyone here cares.
>>
>>163402898
Yeah I do agree there. But you could technically still enjoy the games after only having seen season 1
>>
File: 350.png (325 KB, 350x498)
325 KB
325 KB PNG
Just read pic related, it's a nice story.
>>
>>163405243
Is that Yuuki's past or something?
>>
>>163405945
It's about how Yuuki and her sister formed the Sleeping Knights with another friend.
>>
Are there any good / decent subs out yet? I've checked Nyaa a few times, and while there's quite a number of groups, there's none that I recognize.
>>
>>163406343
Download the BDs (official subs).
>>
>>163405243
In general, Kawahara's side stories are pretty nice. Among the side stories that he's written for the Limited Edition versions of the anime and movies, I don't think there's a single one I dislike.
>>
>>163407161
First Day, The Day Before, The Day After, Sugary Days, Rainow Bridge, Sisters' Prayer and Hopeful Chant. Is there a LE side story I had not listed?
>>
>>163407370
There's also Cordial Chord which hasn't been translated yet.
>>
>>163407370
First Day from volume 8 of the LN. It's not an anime-related side story.
>>
>>163407370
Hopeful Chant isn't technically a LE side-story either, seeing how it seems that as of now, the only way to get it was from going to watch OS in theatres, at a specific week.
>>
Wow I did not realise SAO had so many side stories
>>
>>163407794
24 "Material Edition" shorts (albeit some of them re-published as parts of other spin-offs or side-stories)
3 "Character Edition" shorts
6 Limited Edition BD/DVD bonus stories
4 Magazine special short stories
2 crossovers (1 published in Accel World Vol 10, the other in two different volumes of a Magazine)
7 "other" short-stories (given as bonus stories that came with other miscellaneous products)
1 web-only alternative ending.

Yeah, SAO has had a ton of side content, and that doesn't even include the 4 spin-off novels and various manga.
Oh, and the DramaCD.
>>
>>163407794
The side stories tell more of the different arcs that happened throughout the series. The relevant ones are

First Day, The Day Before, The Day After, Sugary Days and Hopeful Chant - Aincrad

Rainow Bridge - Alfheim

Sisters' Prayer - Yuuki

All of these are read after watching the two anime seasons, extra edition and the movie.
>>
>6 Limited Edition BD/DVD bonus stories
The Day Before, The Day After, Rainbow Bridge and Sisters' Prayer. What are the rest?

>4 spin-off novels
Progressive, AGGO and Clover's Regret. Is the fourth one a Girls Ops LN?
>>
>>163407948

>>163408117
>>
>>163408117
>6 Limited Edition BD/DVD bonus stories
The Day Before, The Day After, Rainbow Bridge, Sugary Days, Sisters' Prayer, Cordial Chord.

>4 spin-off novels
I wanted to say 4 spin-offs (including the GO manga), but then remembered there were a bunch of non-canon manga recently (Kibaou-han, Aincrad Nights, and others) but didn't rewrite my statement properly.
>>
>>163407948
>1 web-only alternative ending
Wait what? That's the first I've ever heard of this.
>>
>>163408364
There is but One Ultimate way.
It's a "Harem end" for the Web Novel version of Alicization (though, it could presumably work for the LN timeline too)
It was kinda re-released in a collection of Material Edition chapters several years back, but wasn't itself a Material Edition story.
>>
>>163408489
That should be the ending.
>>
>>163408489
Kawahara really needs to end SAO on a harem end. It would satisfy most fans I would assume, and I don't think it would particularly for Kirito to agree to a harem as long as Asuna is okay with it.
>>
Eiji as the MC when? He's better looking, taller, has a sexier deeper voice and actually knows how to fight in real life.
>>
>>163402662
>Storywise, for me, it was bad. One, they never said why Kirito didn't want the new tech.
Really? Eiji as the villain was so lame, and this is what you nitpick? It was also obvious that Augma was corporate advertising, which Kirito saw through even before the amnesia problem.
>>
>>163409089
Eiji was a massive faggot. I'd rather bang Kirito.
>>
>>163409448
My problem was that I wanted him to tell the others why. That picture is the extent of what he thought about the new tech. That's it. The way he talks, it's like he was keeping secrets with them but they just didn't bother because "Kirito is God anyway why should I ask more about it." The only one that kinda wanted to know but still didn't go for it was Sinon. Not even Asuna asked him about it. They really want Kirito to be treated like an all-knowing MOPING God.

Don't get me started about Eiji. There's no point about talking about that dumb shit because it was so retardedly moronically stupid. What is the point of prolonging the suspense of what it was all about. If they actually addressed to the audience what was the core issue with Eiji maybe around after the first fight? It might have made the audience sympathize with him. Prolonging the "tension" of "why?" and then the reveal just made me feel so unsympathetic as fuck.
>>
>>163409721
>They really want Kirito to be treated like an all-knowing MOPING God
Where the fuck is this even coming from? Not once in the entire film did a thought even close to this crossed my mind. I do agree that Kirito should've explained his reasoning as to why he wasn't crazy over AR like everyone else but you sound like you're really reaching for a problem to talk about when glaring issues with the film already exist.
>>
>>163409871
I'm not saying that's how they think/treat him. I'm saying that's the feeling that I get from the characters, to him. I'm just supplicating that feeling by also having watched the previous seasons prior to the movie.

Whether you agree to that or not, it's fine. Because that part is just my feelings toward what the people made this are showing. Aside from that, if there's only one thing that can be praised on this movie, like I said before, it's just the visuals. Everything else is so subpar.

In the end, I'm in too deep now that I have to watch the next season anyway. I just hope it's a lot better by how people are hyping it to be.
>>
What's the consensus on their GGO outfits?
>>
>>163410187
They look pretty nice. Leafa has the sexiest suit most definitely. Can't wait for the game.
>>
>>163410187
Lizbeth looks like a fucking park ranger or something I love it
>>
>>163410187
>sword art
>sword
>guns
Kawahara is a fucking hack.
>>
File: DL3db79UIAEAtif.jpg (272 KB, 1200x733)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
>>163410187
dont forget the (thusfar confirmed) others
according to the article strea can equip rocket launchers and miniguns
>>
>>163399340
All that effort that went into making those special effects while leaving that griffon looking absolute shit.
>>
>>163411560
So heavy weapons. They fucking better slow her down.
>>
>>163411609
They go all out too much on the effects that obfuscates the animation itself. That's what I hate most about SAO and FSN animations.
>>
>>163411619
bruh if she can sprint around with those jugs i don't expect a big gun to stop her anytime soon
>>
File: starburst stream.webm (2.82 MB, 853x480)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB WEBM
>>163411609
>>163411702
at least it looks cool
>>
>>163411748
Not really. It takes me out of the moment. I go "what shitty looking effects" every time they do it.
>>
>>163411913
your opinion is your opinion, friend
>>
>>163411987
Sure. Just remember I'm not saying shit about the animation. The animation is great for what it serves. Even in that Starburst stream clip. I'm saying the effects are shit. Which they are.
>>
>>163411723
I really hope we get Strea jiggle animations for those huge hugs of hers while she's running.
>>
>>163412099
Jugs*
Although Strea does love her boob hugs
>>
File: Strea_Hollow_Fragment_1.png (1.88 MB, 1920x1080)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB PNG
>>163412099
best girl
>>
Not really related but how's watching anime movies on theaters? Kimi no na wa just came to my country so I'll go todat but dunno what I should expect
>>
>>163412899
its the same as watching normal movies in theaters. comfy chairs, dark room, bigger screen and louder sound. usually more people and also popcorn
>>
>>163412725
My nigga. I hope the games get some OVAs or something so we can get Strea in an anime.
>>
>>163412899
Why would watching anime in theaters be any different from seeing any other movie in them?
>>
>>163413775
>>163412988
I'm glad
I dunno I thought it might be like those disgusting cons where there's a lot of ugly weaboos who smell they don't know soap
>>
>>163409721
>My problem was that I wanted him to tell the others why. That picture is the extent of what he thought about the new tech. That's it. The way he talks, it's like he was keeping secrets with them but they just didn't bother because "Kirito is God anyway why should I ask more about it." The only one that kinda wanted to know but still didn't go for it was Sinon. Not even Asuna asked him about it. They really want Kirito to be treated like an all-knowing MOPING God.

That's pretty silly. They didn't ask Kirito about it because him disliking the Augma is just him being grumpy. He's doesn't like the lack of freedom of movement or that he's in his own clumsy body that can get hurt when he trips and face plants during a fight. He's skeptical of the corporate tie ins, advertising, and analytics. None of that is some special insight on his part, it's just personal preference and sour grapes on his part. He's not ranting about it because he's trying not to rain on their parade, and they aren't asking him about it because they know he's just being kinda whiny in his objections.

It's not some major plot point of him having special knowledge or insight proven correct, it's just an additional excuse for him sucking at Ordinal Scale at the start of the movie.
>>
>>163402423
From an adaption perspective, the main thing they fucked up was removing the Underworld segment in the ALO arc. It was a pretty filler-y section about how they saved pic related, but it was the most enjoyable part of the arc regardless. In S2 when it became relevant again, it could and should have gotten an episode to itself instead of the quick recap they did. Could have easily trimmed down the amount of time Kirito and Sinon were in that cave to compensate.

There was also the First Day sidestory, and story about how Kirito first met Asuna, that probably should have made it into S1. Not sure what you'd cut to make room though.

Beyond that, they've handled it pretty well. Most of the issues with the show are inherent to the source material.
>>
File: 1507384595905.png (2.5 MB, 1920x1080)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB PNG
I got so used to blowing through the last three areas with the level 80 boost, now its a little jarring to have to actually fight enemies again in the Stalvatos Ruins. And FUCK getting the Soaring Slash EX. Really wish there was a way to keep track of my SSC.
Hollow Realization is good shit though. Premiere for Fatal Bullet fucking when?
>>
>>163414320
And he got too attached to SAO and the death game part. Kirito was at his peak during Aincrad, since I suppose that's when he truly felt 'alive'.
>>
>>163414374
>Could have easily trimmed down the amount of time Kirito and Sinon were in that cave to compensate.

Maybe. It feels like they were in the cave for a long time, but when you actually look at it, the anime noticeably simplified their discussion that brought them to their conclusion as to how Death Gun was killing people. They might have been able to speed things up a little, but I'm not sure they could get full episode of time out of it. Then again, they did air that recap episode after the GGO arc, so they probably could have cut that in favor of working in a full episode of Kirito and Leafa explaining how they met Tonkii to the rest.

>>163415010
Not so much the death game part as the living in VR part.
>>
>>163411560
Pito makes my penis hard
>>
>>163416023
Maybe it was simplified, but it was still two full episodes on them inside the cave (They go in the cave a bit before halfway into episode 10, leave around the same time in episode 12). There was a scene with the More Deban squad that was roughly 5-6 minutes in there, but that was it.

Probably couldn't get a full episode out of trimming the conversation, but still. Should have been able to make enough room across the course of the season. Or do a full new episode for it, or even an OVA.
>>
>>163402662
>One, they never said why Kirito didn't want the new tech

>Pokemon GO released, big thing everywhere
>Don't give a damn
>>
File: 1490546848535.jpg (161 KB, 850x1189)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>163398978
>only seen the first season
Watch the second season GGO is a fun arc and sinon is easily best girl, you may be able to enjoy OS without seeing it but you'll be missing out on a lot and the character interactions won't come off nearly as well
>>
>>163416925
Well, like I said, when you stop and think about it, season 1 was 25 episodes, and season 2 was 24 episodes. But that's because they aired a recap episode between the GGO arc and the Caliber arc that isn't counted as a proper episode. Seeing as they had the air time, they really should have been able to fit an episode about Tonkii in instead, making season 2 have 25 episodes. I'm not sure why they didn't, either they didn't think they had the budget for it, or their writers couldn't think of how to reframe the story and decided to do a quick recap and call it a day. Or perhaps they planned to do a full episode originally but they were too far behind schedule near the end of the GGO arc, and so they cut Tonkii from being a full episode and aired a recap episode instead to buy themselves some time.
>>
>>163402662
>One, they never said why Kirito didn't want the new tech. All I saw was a guy moping that full-dive is going obsolete in the story.
But they do, Suguha, Asuna and Yui all get on him for being out of shape and he goes on about how everything feels too slow during the first fight, of course he comes around in the end and gets /fit/ out of no where because he's Kirito, but it is laid out pretty straight
>>
>>163414374
What part of Volume 4 is Jotunheimr?

>>163416023
The death game part is what made it feel more alive though, or rather what made it a living world in the concrete sense in that you can actually die when your HP hits zero. What I'm saying is Aincrad was more alive than any other VRMMO and OS took a glimpse of that longing for the excitement Kirito felt back then, as suggested by that line from Lisbeth and that of Kirito dismally observing the shogun battle at the start.

I hope they feature the important monolgues in the next arc.
>>
wasted potential : the movie

they have everything, they do nothing with it, also the last part is fucking retarded
>>
>>163417766
>What part of Volume 4 is Jotunheimr?
The very beginning.
>>
>>163409448
>>163409721

You know what I think the dumbest shit was? Eiji is extremely fit and is wearing fucking POWER ARMOR. He can singlehandedly beat up Klein and all his friends.

Meanwhile, Kirito - who is an unfit nerd - someone draws even with him over the course of a few weeks AT MOST. How does that even happen? I mean, sure he figured out the power armor's trick, but it doesn't change the fact that Eiji should have trounced him.

Yuna is fucking hot, though. I don't know why, but she's such a little temptress.
>>
>>163399380

You know, I think the main problem with SAO is the fact that the author wrote himself into a corner.

See, it was supposed to be a one and done, so the first book makes Aincraid a foregone conclusion. You already know how it's going to end. No matter how you fill in the timeline, the excitement's just not there.

Otherwise, I'm willing to bet that the focus of the series would be entirely on Aincraid. It's not like he can UNDO it.
>>
>>163421500
Kirito got a power-up within half a day and suddenly is on par with Eiji, and immediately fought him as well.

That's what's bullshit.
>>
>>163421630

He really shouldn't have been able to beat Eiji in a straight-up fight. When I was watching the movie, I was constantly thinking "Look, how is Kirito going to beat this guy? Eiji could beat the fuck out of him!" But as it turns out, it's not really a problem at all. (And it's an immense wasted opportunity that Eiji didn't turn up for the final battle.)
>>
>>163417148
>Sinon is easily best girl

Truth.
>>
>>163421712

See, that's a huge flaw with the series. Sinon really should've ended up with someone, just so she could rub it into the face of her psychotic stalker. Remember at the end, when Kirito shows up to ride off into the sunset with her on his motorcycle? In a more traditional story, that's where they would fuck.
>>
File: script.avs.webm (992 KB, 1920x1080)
992 KB
992 KB WEBM
This thread has caught my interest.
>>
>>163421801

Well, the upcoming game may solve this. In that one, the PC replaces Kirito. There are images of him going through all the 'iconic moments' like saving Kuradeel (?) and Sachi.
>>
File: Asuna Nippuru.webm (1.26 MB, 1280x720)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB WEBM
Obligatory Post related
>>
Didn't see a webm of Silica before, so here.
>>
>>163421801
You keep posting this in every thread.

Just write a damn fanfic of it already.
>>
Unsung badass into Punished Klein spinoff fucking when?
>>
>>163422728
And here's another.
>>
>>163421500
There is a difference between power armor and a powered exoskeleton. Eiji has the latter, and it's from where he derived all of his abilities. Even with that, Shigemura confirmed that Eiji wasn't actually using the exoskeleton to anywhere near its actual potential.

>He can singlehandedly beat up Klein and all his friends.

That was only because the processing unit for the exoskeleton gives Eiji clairvoyance. The viewer is briefly shown what Eiji's POV in OS looks like with the precognition program active, and it really is totally cheating.

>>163421630
>>163421687
Fighting an opponent with superhuman abilities but who is attacking you in a predictable fashion is not as overwhelming as it would otherwise be when you have several years worth of experience dealing with that very scenario. It would be a different story if Eiji was Suguha or someone who was a real deal swordsman as opposed to an anonymous loser whose power comes solely from his equipment.
>>
File: 1507050715657.jpg (1015 KB, 1920x1080)
1015 KB
1015 KB JPG
>"Hey there, Anon! We're starting the interview now, so why don't you sit down and tell us about yourself a little?"
>>
>>163426018
I would understand it if he actually trained WEEKS before the fight. But one day. One fucking day, actually just half a day, where he didn't even train before hand and just fought enemies all throughout the night AND THEN immediately fight someone who was well rested?

NO. Fucking hell no. They just really wanted to make it look like Kiribitch is as usual can pull of anything he wanted.
>>
>>163426216
>But one day. One fucking day, actually just half a day,
I always got the impression it was multiple days, but the movie did a terrible job conveying time in that segment.
>>
>>163426350
You can check it again. He actually only bolts into action a day before. They even mention it. "The concert is tomorrow". Then you'll see Kirito climb from 10k something rank to 1 digit rank within that night as well. Then he fought Eiji the next day.

That's him without even fucking training his body and was just complaining about it all throughout the movie. And people expect me to believe that shit? Fuck no.
>>
>>163426216
I get what you're saying, but I think you're playing Eiji up a little bit too much. The issue is not that Kirito is strong but that Eiji is weak. The author confirmed that the reason Suguha had to be sent away for most of the movie is precisely because the central conflict would not have worked if she was around and that she would have been able to crush Eiji in a straight fight, exoskeleton or not.
>>
>>163426639
Then they should have at least make Kirito fucking move days before the fight. One day while moving about from 0 to immediately fighting the whole night is not probable. He should have been huffing and fucking puffing. He said it himself, he didn't even train. Why? Because he didn't want to move his goddamn body.

Days before the fight and ranking up is much more believable. But 1 1/2 days? Nah. He should have been crying with sore muscles the day of the concert. He shouldn't have been even able to move with that he did that night.
>>
File: IMG_20171013_153727.jpg (713 KB, 2048x1493)
713 KB
713 KB JPG
The wikia's Twitter account retweeted a bunch of Argo images from the latest Girls Ops manga, which is nice.
>>
>>163400241
This site has always been defined by the mainstream. When SAO was popular we shitted on it. When Digibro and his cronies made it unpopular, we softened to it.
>>
>>163428638
Nice. Argo best girl
>>
>>163422170
Is it me or was Asuna's breasts way bigger than normal in that scene?
>>
>>163426202
Fuck, Marry, Kill?
>>
File: 1388768929599.jpg (30 KB, 500x281)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>163421979
>In that one, the PC replaces Kirito
So what you're saying this that I can romance Sinon?

Preordered.
>>
>>163431691
We don't know if dating sim elements will return, but considering that seems to be a rather popular part of these games I imagine they would return. At least I hope so.
>>
>>163422728
>>163426015
Best girl.
>>
>>163398978
Quick question. I was directed to read a heathcliff side story before starting volume 9. Where is it though?
Don't tell me it's contained within the murder case story...
>>
>>163431620
Leafa, Lisbeth, Silica
>>
>>163432428
Silica is really under appreciated
>>
https://twitter.com/Takasadasan/status/918850078495817728
>DBM59 slated for December 9
>> SAO & AGGO on the cover of the magz
>> SAO character book v6 featuring Alice (give us her bday pls)
>> SAO & AGGO two sided mat

So i guess we'll get more info on s3 and the AGGO adaptation in December.
>>
>>163433639
Can we meme 48+ episodes into reality by then?
>>
>>163430776
They're bigger but that's probably intended to an extent. Her SAO, and by extension her ALO designs were based on her breast size when she'd only just turned 15 a couple months prior. By Ordinal Scale she's 18 and a few month shy of turning 19. Developing larger breasts in that time wouldn't be all that unusual.
>>
>>163433749
A-1 would have to be DEEN levels of fucking retarded to try and cram Alicization into 1 season. Considering the next season isn't called SAO III I do have hope it will be multiple seasons.
>>
>>163430776
>>163434114
They are the larger Ordinal Scale size during her bath scene in the first episode of Calibur.
>>
>>163434114
>>163435060
Alright makes sense. I not complaining about big titty Asuna anyway.
>>
>>163398978
The animation, sound and Asuna's tits are good.
The story is complete garbage.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.