[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga



Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.



Finally finished this. It started off decent enough, but holy shit what went so fucking wrong? This was one of the worst sequels I've ever watched.
>>
File: sasuga.png (180 KB, 669x698)
180 KB
180 KB PNG
>>165557958
Welcome to two months ago. You should have listened when we told you not to watch it.
>>
>>165558144
>LWA on second

And people wonder why we say /a/ has shit taste
>>
File: 1507251635216.jpg (512 KB, 1225x500)
512 KB
512 KB JPG
>>165557958
>what went so fucking wrong
>>
>>165558349
Too many people expected the series to suddenly become SUPER EPIC TRIGGER KILL LA KILL TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN 2.0.
Althought some of the episodes were kinda meh, like the dragon or Lotte's family one.
>>
File: 1495298878679.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>165558382
Nina was shit, but I could've forgiven that if the show had at least attempted to be an action/adventure show instead of a lame soap opera. The plot should've been about Cheerios crushing both angels and demons instead of Jannu and her stupid kid.
>>
Did Mugaro actually die for real?
>>
>>165558518
Yes. Mugaro, Azazel and Jeanne were all wasted characters while Kaisar and Favaro were flanderized and treated like shit. It's like they had some sort of grudge against the S1 cast.
>>
>>165558516
Bahamut deserved a better villain than Cheerios' lame ass.
>>
>>165558591
Do you guys even know what alignment based rpg is? Virgin Soul is the exact anime trying to do shit like D&D and SMT have done since the past 25 years.
>>
In case you missed the thread with translated interview, Satou hated working on Virgin Soul and the very concept cygames had for it. Considering it's heresy to ever say such things publically he's probably not going to be back for S3 if there ever is one.
>>
>>165558798
Just because it works on videogames doesn't mean that it translates well into anime.
>>
File: 1492229581798.png (564 KB, 1280x720)
564 KB
564 KB PNG
>>165558144
>People voted for LWA
It's just like the OVAs, what the fuck were people expecting??
>>
>>165558841
Really? I must of missed that thread. Is there a link?
>>
>>165557958
Women writers.
No seriously. Check who work on script an 0d then you will not be surprised that it turned into harlequin.
>>
>>165558841
>working on a show that actively tries to shit on the characters you developed in s1
I feel bad for him.
>>
>>165558857
The system did just fine to me until the very end, though I still hated the whole Jeanne and Mugaro stuff and Favaro being regressed into secondary character.

>>165558841
Why did he even working on VS though?
>>
>>165558591
This.
>be Gabriel
>be aware humans are shitty fuckups and prefer not to work with them
>begrudgingly give them ONE job
>they fuck up the ONE job
>they try to burn your saint while your troops are busy trying to contain Bahamut
>they release the Bahamut and shitton of your people die
>ten years later the SON of the prime fuckup who tried to burn your saint shows up and demands the super destructive tech you'be been guarding

Cheerios is a literal retard and Gabriel was 100% justified in refusing him the tech. Considering he never even told her why he wanted it or even that the would be trying to build the Dromos.
>>
>>165558841
If this is real that means I can just disregard VS as not canon. I wonder if there will be a sequel though since the ending was one giant sequel bait.
>>
>>165558949
Cygames came up with the plot retard. She was only hired because she routinely writes exactly what cygames wanted. There is an audience for what she specialises in and it's cygames fault for trying to make it the target audience for Bahamut.
>>
>>165559132
No matter how you deny it, it is still canon to the anime saga, anon. Unless time fuckery happens in the sequel.
>>
>That's what the director says too. 単純に「バハジェネ」の二期をやりたかったっていう気持ちはありますね 。 It doesn't make VS better and might sounds like he's abandoning a sinking ship, but I'm still somewhat interested in what happened.
https://akiba-souken.com/article/32100/

>The first series created a stir, but it didn't sell all that much. It seems that the IP holder, Cygames, found the numbers not as great as they expected, "but this time it won't be so"! Bahagene was over, so they wished for a new main character and a different series. Last time I had the freedom to work as I wished, this time Cygames took control, but wanted me to see for the direction, is what happened.

>When I heard Ooishi-san would be writing the script, I predicted it would be a love story. Having it decided for ahead, it was hard to maintain motivation at the studio.

>I liked the idea of having a girl that's positive to the point of an idiot for the main character. I'd like to try directing a heroine like the ones in Disney movies, who's so cheerful that terrible situations just bounce off her. But the backstory and setting was created by Cygames, so it was oddly like making an anime from a source material like a novel or manga. -- Adjusting to the creative differenced was very stressful. There's a lot of people who do like what came out of it, so I find the odd combination might've borne fruit.

>Personally, I prefer a sequel where a previously foolish character is still the same old fool. People don't change just like that.
>I would've liked to simply make a Bahagene season 2.
>>
File: amira bahamut.png (1.78 MB, 1920x1080)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB PNG
>>165559248
>I would've liked to simply make a Bahagene season 2.
Now I feel bad for the guy. Fucking Cygames took his work and flanderized the fuck out of it.
>>
>>165559248
That's sad. I actually started the show liking Nina, thinking we finally got a new Lina Inverse, but then they just ruined her and turned into the protagonist of Diabolik lovers. Fucking pathetic.
>>
File: 1458888459995.gif (1.18 MB, 300x188)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB GIF
>>165559132
now that my blinding rage has calmed, i get to notice the small things that i can also be mad about.

Why the fuck does his clothes have the "im a zombie" stitches? Why didn't she get him new clothes and sew his body like a normal zombie. They really couldnt show you that he his a zombie any other way that isn't dumb as fuck? Just kill me.
>>
File: hitler.jpg (22 KB, 640x360)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
So about that mass genocide and enslavement...
>>
File: 1506134939098.jpg (138 KB, 640x360)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>165557958
I finally managed to forget, fuck you OP.

At least Softiel was worth her screentime.
>>
File: 1504341945036.png (2.57 MB, 1920x1080)
2.57 MB
2.57 MB PNG
>>165558518
>>
Dead kaisar was a bad move I think, others were fine. I enjoyed this one. I hope for another sequel maybe this time cheerios get fucked by whoever controls the court next time, seeing he is in that condition now.
>>
>>165559920
They ruined Kaisar in Virgin Soul. I can see why Satou was pissed. Cygames and the new writer took the characters he made and expanded on in Genesis and absolutely butchered them. Did VS have a negative reception in Japan too?
>>
>>165559920
> I enjoyed this one

Glad for you anon. I binge-watched the whole series early in the morning the day the last episode came out. I was so pissed at what it turned out to be that I cancelled a hike I had later that day so that I could spend the whole afternoon ranting on /a/.
>>
>>165558144

Maid dragon in that list...

Well, 7 people to kill.
>>
>>165559194
Didn't they have that other show with the lesbian dragon in a school/academy for that?
Virgin Soul was supposed to be a fun show with adventures and shit, not a fuckign soap opera and killing best boy like a dog and turning him into a retarded zombie.
>>
>>165559194
Yeah and they hire a woman who fuck shit up.
>>
>>165558588
>It's like they had some sort of grudge against the S1 cast.
If they shit on S1 characters because they failed to make them money then I hope this means Nina and Cheerios are up for some HEFTY shit fountain in S3 because their failure was even greater. Unless they pull a typical japanese executive who hates admitting to their mistakes and they double down on Cheerios/Nina against the popular vote.
>>
File: Virgin Souls.jpg (96 KB, 1872x168)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>165557958
>>
>>165559248
Would've loved to have seen Nina without a love story.
>>
File: amira2.png (1.42 MB, 1920x1080)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
>waited so long for favaro and amira to reunite
>nina meets her instead and favaro just gets a message
You don't understand how much that final episode made me seethe.
>>
>>165557958
>This was one of the worst sequels I've ever watched.
Sadly this show is worse as a sequel than Darker than Black s2 or PsychoPass s2 which says a lot.

I couldn't stand the idiocy.
Give me a proper sequel without a teenage girl romance drama who wants to change the bad prince into loving her.

Shame they didn't go with the short TV series instead about a girl having a demon girl friend and doing something girls do in their free times.
>>
File: DQIi4dmWAAA1-Mj.jpg (342 KB, 1355x907)
342 KB
342 KB JPG
Azazel still in Animage's top ten.
>>
>>165560238
>Umaru
This is fake, right?
>>
>>165560216
>who wants to change the bad prince into loving her.
Nina didn't even try anything like that. Did you miss the whole message? She was supposed to love him EXACTLY as he is, genocide and all. That's True Love according to Shizuka Oiishi.
>>
>>165560344
Attempted genocide is just a wacky character quirk.
>>
File: Uncle Zasa.png (577 KB, 1280x720)
577 KB
577 KB PNG
>>165560238
MAybe next time around they actually make the cunt-flipping show about Azazel, like they fucking teased in the first couple of episodes.
>>
>>165560439
Cheerios does not have quirks anon, he's a Walking Perfection, also according to Shizuka Oiishi.
>>
>>165560119
>Didn't they have that other show with the lesbian dragon in a school/academy for that?
You mean this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVuXTqV0zHg
Manaria Friends got cancelled and replaced by Virgin Soul as fas as i know.
After the shitty series we got from VS, Cygames will probably release Manaria Friends to make the money they lost with Virgin Soul.
>>
File: S3.png (1.59 MB, 1920x1080)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
>>165557958
The worst part is that had the nerve to with sequel bait for a sequel that people actually wanted in the first place with Favaro journeying to find a way to save Amira. Actually no, the worst part is this ending made literally everything Charioce did useless.
>>
>>165560127
They fucked their own shit up be being greedy fucks and pandering to plebs.
>>
>>165560635
Exactly.
>>
>>165560555
I think its already late for that.
Also, fuck magic school settings.
>>
>>165560545
But he's blind now. It's super tragic.

>>165560623
Not just useless, but irrelevant. No one minds all the shit he pulled and he gets to stay king. It was all just a prank. Good thing no one got hurt.
>>
>>165557958
>what went so fucking wrong?
Women can't into writing.
>>
>>165558876
It works as a one-off (all right, two-off), but not as a full series.
>>
File: zombie kaisar.jpg (102 KB, 1920x1080)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>165560744
>Good thing no one got hurt.
>>
>>165560555
>Manaria Friends got cancelled and replaced by Virgin Soul as fas as i know.
Thanks god for that. Even with how shitty VS was, I prefer it more than "generic magic school setting with lesbian wizard and lesbian dragon".
>>
>>165560555
That trailer looks more disgusting than the whole VS series.
>>
>>165557958
Still mad.
>>
File: punished spacey.png (884 KB, 1044x938)
884 KB
884 KB PNG
>>165560555
I prefered this shit over the whole VS ending.
I mean, look at these faces anon!!!
>>165560623
>>165560894
Retarded Zombie Kaisar and Punished Favaro are now canon.
Someone replace pic related with Favaro's face
>>
>>165560744
Why isn't Nina blind too? What's up with those random fairy tale disabilities? Shouldn't they have been coughing up black goo or something?
>>
>>165560840
>generic magic school
It's not really like that.
But I guess I'm biased since I play RoB. I just want to see Sensei Lucius.
>>
>>165560470
I wonder if they start treating Azazel nicely now that he's popular and making them money in GBF on top of bahamut.
>>
File: let_it_end.png (382 KB, 444x745)
382 KB
382 KB PNG
The worst thing for me is, that it actually startet off good and even until almost the end, the animation, art and music was really great.
I actually saw ep 1 - 3 of vs before genesis.
The first few episodes of vs made me get interested in the world and the characters, then I saw genesis learned more about the original cast and loved it even more.
Just so the writer could disregard everything, made it into a soap opera (not even a good one) and then steered everything into the worst ending imaginable

>>165560809
>>
File: 43744.jpg (23 KB, 210x300)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>165560751
>Women can't into writing
APOLOGISE
>>
File: hate belnd.png (1.17 MB, 1220x1072)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
>>165560894

FOR WHAT PURPOSE

I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND
>>
>>165557958
it wasnt going to be good since they got rid of best girl in the first season
>>
>>165559248
I loved when Ooishi admitted that she didn't understand any of the characters from s1 and couldn't bother to watch s1 more than once.
>>
>>165561167
source?
If that's true, Cygames had a red flag already.
>>
File: SnB Genesis.jpg (333 KB, 1271x1321)
333 KB
333 KB JPG
>>165561167
Shit like this gets me so mad. Despite it's flaws I absolutely loved Genesis. The characters and that sense of adventure were fucking great. To see how those characters were shit on for the sake of Nina and Charioce's romance and the adventure aspect was thrown out the window again for Nina and Charioce's sakes enraged me to no fucking end.
>>
>>165561167
And people wonder why I slobber dicks.
>>
File: DPEo4nKUIAA0nsC.jpg (285 KB, 1536x2048)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
>>165561242
Her interview from way back. It was also a red flag for me regarding Satou because she never mentionned him when talking about the initial creative process, which meant he had virtually no control beyond minor character details.
>>
The worst thing is how perfectly Zombie Kaisar and "Let it end" caption describe how I felt after the last episode. And then I realised I was like that the whole second cour.
I even liked what they did to Kaisar in the first half - he tried his best being a captain, he tried to convice Cheerios to stop the madness and injustice in his country, showed us some more of his sexy hairdo and moe character, tried his best to bring happiness and peace to everyone. Fuck, he was so happy when he went against the guards in prison so the others could run away. And I was happy for him too.... aaaaand then the second half happened and everyone and everything went to shit.
>>
Can Cygames do something like what happened with Blue Exorcist?Like not retconning the anime originals and making the Kioto saga where the manga adaptation ended?
>>
>>165561568
Probably not.
Rage of Bahamut's story is anime original and only some characters are based on the Cygames card game.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (14 KB, 141x200)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>165561618
>Rage of Bahamut's story is anime original
That's my point. The story is not based on an source and they could just say "fuck it" and release another series with Kaisar and Favaro going adventures and shit...
Oh crap, forgot pic related existed.
>>
>>165557958
The only way to redeem themselves is to throw this shitshow into the trash ad adapt the manga.
>>
File: did nothing wrong.jpg (172 KB, 1920x1080)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
Friendly reminder.
>>
>>165561925
>adapt the manga
wasn't this a oroginal show?
>>
File: TWIN_HEADS_Vol_3_Cover.jpg (198 KB, 634x900)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>165561956
I think he meant adapt that manga that came out which followed one of Kaisar and Favaro's adventures after the end of S1.
>>
>>165559248
>Last time I had the freedom to work as I wished, this time Cygames took control, but wanted me to see for the direction, is what happened.
Fuck. Creative freedom is what lets mobage anime turn out decent. I guess that this was bound to happen. Maybe MAPPA will put out something else in the vein of Bahamut S1.
>>
>>165561339
I don't wonder at all anon
>>
Just tell me Kaisar becomes some kind of Death Knight of Goodnes and moe, is on journey with his little lich waifu and has some cute moments with skeletons they summon.
>>
>>165558841
Who is? the director?
>>
>>165562205
>the director?
Yes.
>>
>>165560186
>waited so long for favaro and amira to reunite

Retard.
>>
>>165560894

Literally my face after VS
>>
>>165561930
Him killing Mugaro was the point where the show became irredeemable.
>>
File: Favaro and Amira.png (1.84 MB, 1920x1090)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB PNG
>>165562301
>Retard
Why are you so upset?
>>
>>165557958
The one thing this show solidified is that female writers are garbage and mentally ill.
>>
>>165560186
The good thing about VS is that now there's literally nothing stopping them from making it happen, they already broke all the barriers of bullshit and retcon when Bahamut followed Cheerios across the fucking country for no clear reason and got killed with a bullshit weapon utilising the power of love.
>>
>>165562173
>some cute moments with skeletons they summon
I can already see it
>skeleton patting Kaisar on his back while he is sulking because Rita yelled at him again
>Summer Skeleton Swimming past Rita drowning Kaisar

You could even use skeleton bones as clever censoring tool for some Kaisar-sees-Rita-naked scenes
>>
>>165562380
>upset

>>165560186 sure is.
>>
>>165562498
That anon just said he wanted Favaro and Amira to reunite. What's wrong with that? It wouldn't make sense? The entire final sequence of VS didn't make sense.
>>
>>165562322
Literally face of 90% of people who watched this shit to the end.
>>
File: fallen angel homos.png (872 KB, 806x907)
872 KB
872 KB PNG
There's literally nothing wrong about brothers giving each other blowjobs.
>>
File: Rita.png (4 MB, 1920x1936)
4 MB
4 MB PNG
At least Rita got a happy ending I guess.
>>
File: 1509062075672.jpg (618 KB, 1449x3000)
618 KB
618 KB JPG
Obligatory post
>>
>>165561757
One day someone will translate Twin Heads, right?
>>
>>165558349
It was apparently trash bro.
People, especially hated the full on yuribait second half.
>>
>>165562757
Fuck Rita, what she did to Kaisar is unforgivable.
>>
>>165560744
>It's super tragic.
Not according to Shizuka Oiishi
>>
>>165560894
Is Zombie Kaisar even sentient or is it just Rocky controlling the body? Did Satou say anything to ever clear that up? Because that final shot of him looked horrifying. If he's not sentient then what Rita did was fucked up.
>>
>>165561167
>can't bother to do the job properly
Wymen
>>
>>165563195
Kaisar's VA said he's sentient.
>>
>>165563276
All according to Shizuka Ooishi
>>
>>165563276
That's nice at least.
>>
>>165561167
>Ooishi admitted that she didn't understand any of the characters from s1
She never admitted anything like that. She said she couldn't identify what was the series' theme. Which isn't unreasonable considering Genesis had no clear theme. What she did in VS is she made the theme more obvious. It was a putrid theme but she kept to her word.
>and couldn't bother to watch s1 more than once.
She watched it 2-3 times to try and understand it. Then she was made to write scripts for every single episode on top of being in charge of the series composition. She also had to adjust the scripts several times due to cygames meddling. In fact her workload was ten times of the usual. Cygames has just no idea how anime is made.
>>
>>165561112
Well, yes and no. Being a fucking loser is part of Azazel's charm.
But he at least deserves a happy ending and for his anguish not to be marginalized for the sake of a shitty romance.

Just make a show about Azazel and his ride-or-die bff Jeanne now.
>>
>>165564122
>Just make a show about Azazel and his ride-or-die bff Jeanne now.
Yeah no. Fuck off Fujoshit
>>
>>165565374
>fujoshit
Retard.
>>
>>165559248
Wait so Cygames just picked out this woman who does a load of J drama writing so they could rinse more sales from it?

Jesus christ.
>>
>>165565547
Since Genesis didn't meet their expectations sales wise, they decided to try to capture a new audience. I'm pretty sure it backfired as almost everybody despised the direction the show went in including the nips themselves from what I saw on 2ch. The only place that defended it until the bitter end was reddit.
>>
>>165558588
The writer didn't like S1 but accepted the job because the producers were cute. No wonder why Nina is her self-insert
>>
>>165559096
Even worse because Cheerios's master plan didn't work. Bahamut is still alive so all the slavery and genocide was for nothing.
>>
File: kt.png (796 KB, 1280x720)
796 KB
796 KB PNG
>>165561482
>Kaisar dies
>No one seems to give a crap except for Rita and Favaro
Why did they shit on Kaisar so much?
>>
>>165566726
Check your bias kaisarfag. He wasn't the only one royally shit on. Jeanne lost everything including her son that was supposed to be a gift from Michael, which means they keep shitting on Michael even after his death. They treat the S1 characters with what I can only describe as malice.
>>
>>165561141
Because Kaiser was pure so he has to sacrifice for Hitler to show how "selfish" Jeanne and Azazel were
>>
>>165566954
>Jeanne
Who gives a shit?
>>
>>165557958
The main problem of the show is Favaro being a side wheel. I honestly believed focus of the story will switch on him when i saw him in the prison.
>>
Reminder that VS is not canon.
>>
>>165563005
That wasn't really yuribait but Trigger being afraid of the purityfags
>>
>>165567087
>Kaisar
Who gives a shit?
>>
>>165566954
I don't really care if Jeanne gets shits on
>>
>>165567183
t. fujo scum
>>
>>165567206
Not my fault that Jeanne is a boring character
>>
>>165567167
Lots of people did moreso than Jeanne
>>
>>165567332
So is Kaisar so no argument there. Jeanne was objectively much more deserving of viewer sympathy than Kaisar but you as a slobbering slut who's only after cock wouldn't know this. She stood up to Cheerio, something Kaisar was too much of a gutless fag to do. She had real stakes in the plot also unlike Kaisar who spent majority of the show as Cheerios' wingman. Fuck him.
>>
>>165567473
>>165567206
>>
>>165567506
>So is Kaisar so no argument there.
t. Favarofag
>>
>>165567206
Jeanne really wasn't that compelling anon. Ironically she had more character in that short special with her and Kaisar than she did in the entirety of VS.
>>
>>165567506
Kaisar killed himself for Cheerios' sake. That alone makes him undeserving of any kind of sympathy.
>>
>>165559132
Well, at least Rita got her husbando back.
>>
>>165567572
>Jeanne really wasn't that compelling
Neither was Kaisar beyond his fujo factor.
>>
>>165567627
>>165567506
The Favarofag is still at it months later
>>
>>165558841
Saying anything even a little negative is pretty brave for a nip employee
>>
File: Rita.jpg (102 KB, 497x456)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
I missed you Bahabros. Unfortunately Virgin Soul left such a bad taste in my mouth that I just wiped the series out of my mind and pretended that Genesis never had a sequel. Now I know how fans of Darker than Black, Eureka Seven and Psycho Pass feel.
>>
>>165567506
>Jeanne was objectively much more deserving of viewer sympathy
It doesn't matter if she was "objectively" more deserving of sympathy, the audience isn't gonna like a character that's boring even if he or she does everything right.
Kaisar is simply more endearing and memorable. Jeanne has been a bore since S1.
>>165567627
At least Kaisar did fujo factor well, Jeanne couldn't even appeal to anybody.
>>
>>165567662
The retard who accuses everyone who criticises Kaisar's character of being a favarofag is still here. Cancer dies last doesn't it.
>>
>>165567681
Just goes to show you how mad he was on the inside. They absolutely butchered the world characters he lovingly created for Genesis. Cygames wanted to make the show more profitable, but they ironically did the opposite. If SnB ever gets a S3, people are going to be extremely cautious and rightfully so.
>>
>>165567688
Psycho Pass got sequel and movie ?
>>
>>165567699
>At least Kaisar did fujo factor well
Looking pretty is not a hard thing to do. And no, a lot of people were focused on Jeanne before she showed up, while majority was shitting over kaisar for being a useless fag, which he was until the bitter end.
>>
>>165567822
>And no, a lot of people were focused on Jeanne before she showed up, while majority was shitting over kaisar for being a useless fag, which he was until the bitter end.
Favarofag still lying out his ass
>>
File: endless El.gif (1.22 MB, 300x360)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB GIF
Sad truth Jeanne and El's backstory was the last enjoyable and well executed episode of the season.
>>
Usually I think bad sequels are generally not THAT bad to warrant the hate against it, like DtB S2, but my god was Virgin Soul bad. It was legitimately one of the worst anime I have ever seen. Like Guilty Crown or Green Green tier bad.
>>
>>165567784
I'm never giving them a cent of my attention again beyond reading up on the the spoilers if it ever comes to it. Knowing how jap suits think they will probably just push more Cheerios and Nina despite the backlash. And they likely won't hire Satou again either. Lets face it anons Bahamut anime franchise is dead.
>>
Kaisar was mah nigga on S1 but Oishi made him a cuck on S2. He used to be a man of justice and principles but Oishi needed more strawmen for his genocidal husbando
>>
File: JeannexSofiel.jpg (404 KB, 1280x1440)
404 KB
404 KB JPG
>>165559818
Whom has the fault of Sofiel getting blacked at the end instead of lezzing out with Jeanne? Oishi or Takenaka?
>>
>>165568402
>Sofiel getting blacked
nice headcanon
>>
>>165559248
>I would've liked to simply make a Bahagene season 2.
He sounds so sad
>>
>>165568472
That was the show intended. Anyone who isn't a delusional yurifag can see it. Hey, I'm asking because I think it's bullshit but VS is full of bullshit
>>
>>165568593
>That was the show intended.
Watch out we got a mind reader over here.

Nah, you're just a delusional moron.
>>
>>165568402
There is literally nothing suggesting Sofiel/Bacchus ever happened. The fuck you're smoking?
>>
File: Virgin Soul.png (1.23 MB, 1280x738)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
I actually liked the first few episodes a lot. It wasn't until the halfway point where it started a downward spiral into utter shit. Man I'd give anything for a proper S2 with Satou having creative freedom again.
>>
>>165567699
Fujos lack in empathy unless it's their husbando. Who would have guessed?
>>
>>165568796
Yea. First few episodes were really good and Nina was best girl.
>>
>>165568772
Bacchus has a crush on Sofiel and Sofiel got softer around him. Under anime rules, that mean something. Not including Jeanne became a fucking mess and only hang out with Azazel until she returned to heaven out-camera
>>
>>165569213
Uh, I thought he fell in love with a human?
>>
>>165569213
Jeanne lives with Sofiel in Heaven where Bacchus is banned from entering. Sofiel compared herself to him based on them both running away from Heaven due to love for a human, while looking at Jeanne with dreamy eyes. The amount of homobait between Jeanne and Sofiel dwarfs anything going on with Bacchus. Doesn't come close. Some vague, off hand joke about making him a sammich which Sofiel completely ignores is literally all you got.
>>
>>165569253
That was like 1000 years ago.
>>
>>165570381
That just means he really loves her
>>
>>165568120
you leave guilty crown out of this
>>
>>165568144
Probably Satou wanted to get fired. I don't blame him
>>
File: SadGrim.png (93 KB, 204x229)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>>165558841
>>165559248
Oh man, I'm glad Satou recognizes how shit Virgin Soul is but now I feel really sorry for him. To have the cast and setting you poured your soul into only to be trampled by excutive meddling and a retarded writer is something no one should have to experience.
>>
>>165567784
Same anon who did >>165559248 here, it's bleak all the way through.

>When all you're asked for is "anime-like" direction, it doesn't make a difference who's directing. Amidst everything that's to be expected, it was important in Bahasoul to somehow end it on a personal note. After the B-part of the last episode that concludes the story of Bahasoul, I wanted to return it once more to the world of "Shingeki no Bahamut" where Favaro and Kaisar are and leave it with something SF-like. I reserved time for the C-part to connect (the story) to the future in my way, and [to make the audience accept it? 納得させる]

I guess if he has a really gothic novel ideas about SF, then it's true for the zombie Kaisar. Did those previous excerpts because I usually try to post just what fully makes sense to me.
>>
>>165574211
Looks like he has ideas for a part three. But I wouldn't want it if he's not directly involved and has creative freedom again like with Genesis.
>>
>>165574211
He once again confirms they wanted VS to be as generic and crowd pleasing as possible in hopes for bigger gain. This really shatters cygames' image as a studio which cares about creativity or originality first. Turns out they all about the money like everyone any other studio, what a surprise.
>>
File: 1501199659756.jpg (25 KB, 320x240)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>165557958
Absolutely nothing went wrong, /ourguy/ literally won everything in the end. Let me guess, you're a butthurt demonfag, right?
>>
>>165567588
this
>>
I really, really tried to like Virgin Soul, but I just couldn't

The biggest problem was Nina. For the first episode I was optimistic thinking, This might be dumb enough to be fun, but it just got worse and worse until became one of my least like characters ever. Cheerios was fine as some HFY villain, I guess the closest character I can think to him is Vayne from FFXII. But he needed to have a similar end. Don't give him a redemption, have him die while trying to reason that what he did was right. Rita was still a good character, best part of the season. Kaisar was really rocky at the start but I grew to accept it. I'm fine with his death and revival, as long as he's still sentient. Favaro was still a great character, shame the story shit on him so much. Never cared much for Azazel or Jeanne in S1, I ended VS caring a bit more for Azazel, but even less for Jeanne. The ending was shit and everything was just reset with a sequel hook for the show we wanted to see.

If they do make a S3 I'll watch in the hope that there's only up to go from here.
>>
>>165567699
Astounding how you can shit on Jeanne while fagging over Kaisar. KAISAR, the guy who spent the whole season sitting on a moral high horse while prostrating before a genocidal tyrant and doing fuck all else. He's a massive fucking hypocrite, too, for having zero doubts about Cheerios' slave-driving, bloodbath-watching, genociding ass for five years straight after spending majority of Genesis wanting to fuck, I mean "protect", a demon girl. I guess he doesn't give a fuck anymore because those demon children aren't hot right? The entirety of his attitude around Jeanne was pretty shocking as well, especially after Mugaro's death. His attitude in eps 21-22 made me lose all respect for him. Kaisar was not only boring in this season but also annoying with his ridiculous lack of self-reflection.

>At least Kaisar did fujo factor well
Yeah? With whom? His interactions with Favaro were nonexistent as was the supposed "mutual support" between him and Azazel.
>>
>>165576074
>in the hope that there's only up to go from here.
Don't jinx it anon, I didn't think there could be a more disappointing season 2 than darker than black but at least that one never made me angry.
>>
>>165558516
The fact that he invested so much into killing Baha and failed miserably at it still makes me laugh.
>>
>>165560119
I'd take the Manaria War over VS but fat chance of that getting animated.
>>
>>165562432
That was the equivalent of smacking Cthulhu with a boat, it did fucking nothing, everyone is still fucked, you just get to live your whole life in fear of the thing waking up again.
>>
>>165576370
See >>165568235
Don't blame Kaiser, blame Ooishi
>>
>>165576449
He'll still die lauded as a hero and with a smile, believing all the murder and suffering he inflicted over the world was justified. To be fair, Cheerios is such a dumb asshole that he'd be willing to start over if he realized Bahamut is still alive
>>
>>165576074
>Favaro was still a great character
Hell no. His only purpose in the story was to coddle and enable Nina with her feelings for Cheerios. Utterly neutered otherwise. The shit in ep 22 where he's freaking justifying Cheerios in everything so Nina can "forgive" him despite the fact that we have seen him do all the shit Favaro denies he did would be the absolute lowest point of the entire series if it wasn't for ep 24 where his reaction to Kaisar's death is more or less: "meh."
>>
>>165568120
DtB2 had drunk hobo Hei, UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ and Suou bullying to make it watchable, this show just torpedoed itself.
>>
File: 1511067102256.jpg (57 KB, 700x738)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>165565547
>Old thing doesn't sell
>Let's discharge the old audience to get a new one
Has this EVER work?
>>
>>165576681
First impressions are important for me. The jailbreak was fine, and he still had moments to show that he was at least similar to how he was in S1, I liked him in most of the scenes they gave him. Yes he got bad towards the end but so did everything else, and how bad he got was overshadowed by how bad Nina and Cheerios got in comparison. At least you could attempt some justification for his actions based on his past experiences, unlike the new characters that don't have that goodwill from the audience.
>>
>>165562823
>Dat Cinderella Step pic
That would be a great ending if it wasn't the main couple is utterly unlikable. Both are so toxic that I don't know whom I hate the most
>>
>>165576865
I can't think of a single instance where it did. Honestly they were lucky that Genesis even did mediocre sales wise. In the current industry something like that is a massive risk. It wasn't an LN adaption, it was a fantasy anime that had nothing to do with isekai or getting stuck inside a game, and the main character was unconventional as fuck and wasn't a blatant self insert.
>>
>>165576966
>First impressions are important for me.
Because you're a dummy who's taking things at face value.
>he got bad towards the end but so did everything else
Dunno, there were characters who did manage to preserve some of their agency without turning into full out Cheerios apologists.
>how bad he got was overshadowed by how bad Nina and Cheerios got in comparison
How so? He's 100% on the same page with them. That's a deal breaker, it makes him just as bad.
>At least you could attempt some justification for his actions
There is literally no justification for making shit up just so your apprentice doesn't feel bad about wanting dictator dick who just got her close friend murdered. Why does he even give a shit about Nina? He's taught her for several days and that's it, his weird attachment to her makes no sense for his character. Favaro was ruined, as a fan you should be able to tell his personality is being butchered for the purpose of using him as a mouthpiece.
>>
>>165559248
I feel bad for the writer, it's what Cygames wanted to do yet she's blamed for only following directions.
>>
>>165558144
I guess most people didn't watch Kado.
Well to be fair it wasn't so much disappointing as it was just a massive trainwreck and slap in the face of anyone who enjoyed the first 8 episodes.
>>
>>165577625
Don't feel bad. The writer admittedelly didn't get Genesis and VS make clear she hated the entire cast
>>
>>165559025
>Why did he even working on VS though?
Making money in order to live probably had something to do with it. You can't eat artistic integrity.
>>
>>165577408
It's clear that he's projecting himself and Amira onto Nina. It's that whole love story that hits every character in the season hitting Favaro this time.
>He thought Cheerios was doing all this for personal power and was against him then
>Finds out that he wants to bring back Bahamut
>Bringing back Bahamut brings back Amira
>He regrets killing her to seal Bahamut in S1
>Cheerios has a way to defeat Bahamut without the seal
>This is his best hope for his happily ever after
>Therefore everything that happens is justified

It's just the same love story that hit Nina, Cheerios, and to a lesser extent Bacchus, Jeanne, Azazel, and Rita. Favaro dealt with the theme in a way that fit his character.

As for the first impression comment it was more making sure the character wasn't going to completely change. Kaisar was bad, but Rita was still about the same. So when Favaro is introduced talking big and fucking up, but coming through with clever ideas, like the bomb hidden in Kaisars prosthetic, it showed me that his character hadn't gone through severe rewrites offscreen.
>>
>>165577827
Not that anon but I always find that comparisson fucking bullshit for miriad of reasons. It was Oishi trying hard to make us like Charioce/Nina and "fixing" Genesis because she believes S1 was a mistake. Not including the emotional core of Genesis was the friendship between Favaro and Kaiser Not a fujo
>>
>>165564122
If there's one thing which annoyed me about Azazel's treatment it's the insane doubble standard the seried treated him compared to Cheerios. Azazel didn't literally kill Kaisar's father, yet the show through Kaisar's lips informs the audience that he did. Which means he deserves all the karma in the world. Meanwhile Cheerios, also according to Kaisar, is completely uninvolved in Mugaro's death because he didn't kill him personally? What? His actions and decisions led to Mugaro's death as much as Azazel's led to Laurus' death. That ain't right.
>>
I wanted Nina to get Favaro'd. At least Rita won.
>>
>>165578001
They should hire the Usagi Drop's mangaka instead. This time no one would complain
>>
File: Sasukishi.png (374 KB, 500x585)
374 KB
374 KB PNG
>>165577957
That's what happen when the writer is literally in love with a character. Not even Kishi was this bad with his husbando
>>
>>165577909
It's probably just my way of thinking. I draw a clear line between the business aspects of a show and the creative aspects. And the business aspects are ignored. Cygames and Oishi and all that love shit, and Cheerios did nothing wrong was all executive meddling. If we get rid of all of that then Favaro still has some character to stand on from season 1 and bits and pieces of S2 where that character shone through. It's better than what happened with Nina, who has nothing outside of that but annoyances, or Kaisar, who was a decently played Lawful Good Paladin in S1 and turned into a badly played Lawful Good Paladin in S2 doing nothing as he tries to decide whether to be good or to be lawful.
>>
>>165577827
That interpretation is a load of bullshit. Any parallel between Favaro/Amira and Cheerios/Nina is completely unfounded and forced. For starters it treats Favaro as if he had a choice, he never had a choice. Nina does get a choice, but it's a "help Cheerios or the world dies" one. She literally has no other option than to go and help Cheerios. Favaro was completely helpless at that time, it's so fucking unsulting to him to drag his anguish into this shit. Shit, this writer doesn't even understand her OWN story. Where the fuck does Nina chose Cheerios over the world? She's still helping him save it. Which means she'll be rewarded if she goes and helps him. Favaro literally never had such an option, for one Amira was long gone before he could save her from being swallowed by Bahamut, and second if he somehow chose Amira the world would die, he could never be rewarded for making this choice. His situation was the exact opposite of Nina's. Another disgusting thing about this non-existing parallel is that it situates Cheerios in Amira's position, the poor, helpless girl against the Gary Stu of genocide. Fuck no.

>So when Favaro is introduced talking big and fucking up, but coming through with clever ideas, like the bomb hidden in Kaisars prosthetic, it showed me that his character hadn't gone through severe rewrites offscreen.
Those are the most surface level aspects of his character. You really are a dummy who's taking things at face value.
>>
File: 1341295598870.jpg (35 KB, 554x439)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>165557958

It was worth it to see Cheerios win everything, so damn hilarious.
>>
>>165578514
The only things Cheerios has "won" is a pair of cataracts, a mute girlfriend and the title of the blandest character is existence.
>>
>A show where Hitler is lauded as a hero and stay in power after WW2
I'm suprised VS isn't more popular on /a/. Maybe it's the shoujoshit
>>
>>165578331
>Favaro still has some character to stand on from season 1 and bits and pieces of S2 where that character shone through. It's better than what happened with Nina, who has nothing outside of that but annoyances
Actually no, Nina had about as much cool scenes where the "bits and pieces of her character shone through" as Favaro. They're on the exact same level. Cheerios being absolved of everything is also a strong creative choice, not an executive one, it's one of those aspect of S2 that both producers at cygames and oiishi feel oddly personal about. Cheerios is literally their hero, it's not business. To them the bits with Favaro are the "business" part, the fanservice which preys on your nostalgia for the character.
>>
>>165578580

> Is king
> Defeated Bahamut basically right after it emerged
> Was planning to die in the attempt but survived with only the loss of his eyes
> Got away with multiple attacks against demons/angels as well as enslaving them towards his goal of beating bahamut
> Gets to still be king and has a hot dragon girlfriend, albeit one he can't see.

Seems like he got off pretty well all things considered.
>>
>>165578884
The thing you fail to consider is that none of those things matter. Have you seen his reaction to any of it? Me neither. He is a blank slate. There is nothing within his personality any of those victories can resonate with so it doesn't really affect the audience either. I don't care he's a king or lauded as a hero because he doesn't either. And Bahamut isn't even dead so another whatever.
>>
>>165577725
See >>165563509
I feel bad fans will continue heaping shit on her with exaggerated or false impressions in their head.
>>
File: 1511138591996.jpg (166 KB, 1321x915)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>165578992

> Have you seen his reaction to any of it?

Looks pretty happy, to me.
>>
File: 1252879969330.jpg (5 KB, 85x123)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>165558349
It was really quite honestly bad, bro.
>>
>>165578793
But the entire increased involvement of Cygames and Oishi is meddling, It's drawing away from S1 to try to tell something new that the original creator doesn't want to have happen. I don't care for Oishi's decisions if their entire involvement is detracting from the show. Maybe I can be distant because Bahamut is a show I don't really care about. The half of S1 is the only part of it I'd call good., with the second half falling flat and S2 being a mess.

Although I'd really like to see your defense of Nina, all I see when I look at her are just overused character archetypes, with any potential interesting characteristics disappearing once Cheerios enters the plot.
>>
>>165579212
So the only part of his life he isn't completely catatonic about is performing a dance ritual with his girlfriend whom he'll never be able to see or hear. Literally whatever.
>>
>>165579279
I'm not defending Nina, she's shit. But Favaro is just as shit. If you liked Favaro there's no reason why you wouldn't like Nina. She has about as much cool factor as him and her purpose in the story is as specific and singular as his. She's all about that Cheerios dick, Favaro is all about those Nina feefees.
>>
File: 31213131231.jpg (98 KB, 1405x915)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>165579383

Oh please anon, I get that you don't like the character and I totally understand why, but he shows enough emotion in the series that calling him catatonic is just stupid.

You could have just said from the start "I don't like that he won because I hate his character/how he was written" and it would have been fine.
>>
>>165579522
He's still reacting to Nina in that pic you dummy, my point still stands.
>>
>>165579508
But Favaro has a S1, Nina has fuckall. That's what I mean when I said I'm willing to give Favaro more goodwill, there is a character there that can be salvaged.
>>
>>165578992
>The thing you fail to consider is that none of those things matter. Have you seen his reaction to any of it?
So, you wouldn't call yourself lucky, if you didn't care about money but won 1 billion € in the lottery?
>>
>>165579565
>Nina has fuckall
Nina has the first half, or at least the first 10 episodes where she isn't as repulsive. That's almost the entire Genesis of content.
>>
File: 32123213123.jpg (154 KB, 1567x895)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>165579559

?

Again, just say you don't like the character cuz he's badly written or whatever, saying he's emotionless or only emotional around Nina is just plain wrong? Even in the other pic he didn't even know Nina was the dragon at the time.
>>
>>165579577
If you have depression or brain damage that can't be fixed what's that money gonna do for you? And Cheerios was rich to begin with, not like he'd care. His life is essentially the same, minus eyesight. He'll also have to deal with the kingdom being full of demons who are free citizens now. How is he going to appease the nobles or just the commoners without the source of free labour and entertainment? How is he going to react to the news that Bahamut is respawning? The series tries to save its own ass and the image of Cheerios being victorious by glossing over those issues but really all it takes to undermine it is showing his reaction to the news that Bahamut isn't dead. That's literally all it takes.
>>
>>165579598
I gave up on Nina by episode 3. For the first three episodes I thought that an incredibly thirsty country girl that turns into a murderous dragon at the first sign of prettyboy might be dumb enough to at least be entertainingly bad, but once she arm-wrestled Cheerios I predicted how the plot would go, just not how bad it would become. I'm still upset that nothing came of that ring. They bring it up three times over the series for no pay-off.
>>
>>165579880
The ring, paprika, necklace and other blah blah mementos are substitutes for actual relationship buildup. They never had a genuine conversation, but look how many items represent their love!
>>
>>165579767
>If you have depression or brain damage that can't be fixed what's that money gonna do for you?
He's just blind. Your case is not at all analogous.

> And Cheerios was rich to begin with, not like he'd care.
Wasn't he some poor upstart before running a mercenary company and becoming king?

> How is he going to appease the nobles or just the commoners without the source of free labour and entertainment?
Dunno how it's supposed to work, but apparently it does, when they make murals of him being a victorious hero of mankind.

>How is he going to react to the news that Bahamut is respawning?
When will that happen? He might not live to see it. Or he might be able to live being convinced that it won't happen for a large proportion of his life. Will he even hear of it? Maybe Favaro or whoever saves the world again will do so before he even gets wind of it.
>>
>>165580118

> They never had a genuine conversation

Depends on what you consider a conversation honestly, I mean they do have a few actual back and forths, though it remains that the relationship is still weak as hell and based almost entirely on love at first sight.

I mean, from the top of my head I'd say, they hung out for probably a fair while at the festival, there's a convo after he saved her from the thugs, where she bitches at him when she's arrested, then again during the escape attempt failure, then... when the prison is exploded and she lands on the ship thing during the angel attack, then they hung out basically the whole day during the episode where she's dressed up like a demon and they have the little lake rendezvous, then during the ball breakup thing, then just before Bahamut appears out of the portal.

I'd consider all of those "conversations" even if they were short, not necessarily good ones, but still.
>>
>>165577707
It's like they didn't know how to end the anime and thought, let's make it ridiculous as possible.
>>
>>165580157
>He's just blind. Your case is not at all analogous.
If he's irreversibly blind then yes it is.

>Wasn't he some poor upstart before running a mercenary company and becoming king?
What? No, nothing of the sort. I'm talking as a king. He was taken in by the people who were orchestrating the entire endeavour with acquiring Dromos. Cheerios was revealed to actually be a figurehead while the scientists and the Onyx Soldiers are the ones in charge. Not much is said about his life being particularly harsh, but he never had to fight for the throne.

>Dunno how it's supposed to work, but apparently it does
Ahh yes, it works! How does it work exactly? Wouldn't there be a shitload of social tension? Who cares, roll credits! The fact is that it works because it's time to wrap up the show, nothing more.

>When will that happen?
It doesn't matter. If it would be scheduled to happen after his death, he'd be dying with the knowlege that he won't be able to do anything about it by then. And if he dies while never finding out, then it's all the more pitiful. Either way, the lagacy of his life would have been violently undone.
>>
>>165580611

> Cheerios was revealed to actually be a figurehead

Not that other anon, but wasn't Cheerios still the one who basically made it so that Dromos could be made at all? The Onyx knight guy found the book that detailed Bahamut's resurrection and yeah, Cheerios wasn't in charge of actually building the thing, but I assume he was basically the project manager, the one who made up the plan that they were going to build it in the first place, and hired the people, and arranged for the materials.

Without Cheerios backing it the project wouldn't have been more than a pipe dream.
>>
>>165580265
>Depends on what you consider a conversation honestly
I said a genuine conversation, none of the small talk you bring up where Cheerios is as open toward Nina as an oyster. In the very last episode Nina still doesn't get him, but she's in a cult by then so whatever, she'll still perform the dance ritual and all the other romantic frosting this writer considers as human relationship. These two didn't have a real connection for a single second of their shared screen time.
>>
>>165580789

He's openly honest with her a fair few times, actually, even when she's yelling about him being a horrible asshole when she's arrested.

I mean, even in that case I'd say at the very least that the episode where Nina's dressed as a demon counts for at least two 'genuine' conversations between them, including probably the most emotional Charioce gets in the whole series.

As it is, I think there were enough points in almost every conversation where Charioce is being honest about his intentions/feelings with her that they do count as genuine, not GOOD, but genuine.
>>
>>165580777
It took the impression that the project was already running while he was put in charge. Don't know for sure, not enough details. I took it as Cheerios being put in charge mostly to mobolize the troops for all the pillaging they'd be doing or something. I think some of the dialogue suggests they even went through several kings during the project. Cheerios says something about his path to the throne being bloody at one time, and at the other he says he was "invited". Which mught mean by the "blood" he understand all the other heirs the nobles have disposed off before they found the right one.
>>
>>165580919

> It took the impression that the project was already running while he was put in charge.

Judging by the age of the onyx knight guy + the age of Charioce when he was sworn in as king I highly doubt that's the case. The whole thing was that they'd been working on Dromos for like, ten years, which seems about right for their ages.

> suggests they even went through several kings during the project

Is there? I kind of doubt that.

> Cheerios says something about his path to the throne being bloody at one time
> at the other he says he was "invited". Which mught mean by the "blood" he understand all the other heirs the nobles have disposed off

I think the bloody ascension Cheerios talks about is in reference to making it so that the other nobles accepted him as king, not killing within the family, that was the whole reason that Cheerios was 'invited', because all other ((or maybe just 'most' other)) heirs got killed during Bahamut's attack, they literally didn't have anyone else to turn to in the royal line except for the kid of some ex-concubine.

As it is, Charioce definitely doesn't seem the 'stand back and watch' type when it comes to anything, we see him on the front lines of battles enough, as well as see him overseeing Dromos's construction that I imagine he's got to be the one pushing the project forward with everything he has, I mean, he didn't even want to go to balls and parades and shit, but the noble guy basically says he has to in order to get money for Dromos and his war against the angels/demons.
>>
>>165580919
No, he was the one behind the project, or at least the one that made it a reality, and by his path to the throne being bloody he means that as an irrelevant bastard son he needed to murder and lie his way to the throne. It wasn't just made for him.
>>
>>165558349
I'm amazed people actually thought it was legitimately good. The slice of life bits were adequate, the later plot was mind-numbingly plain, and all of the character relationships were shallow. It had its cute moments and a lot of potential going for it, but it just didn't fucking deliver.
>>
>>165580895
>He's openly honest with her a fair few times, actually, even when she's yelling about him being a horrible asshole when she's arrested.
Oh really? Didn't the producers talk about him having a kind and gentle heart? If that's his true self then isn't the asshole persona all just an act? Which would mean he puts on an act about 90% of the time he's with her.
> the very least that the episode where Nina's dressed as a demon counts for at least two 'genuine' conversations between them
The one where he's making her a false promise, never tells her what he's about even though she'd be 100% on board with it, and ends it with an ominous frown like he's made his mind about something and she's none the wiser about it? Like I said I throw entirety of that in the same bag as I throw the other semblance like the mementos. There's a kiss, a makeout session and some bizzare scenes with the kids and dragon riding. At the end of the episode Nina has basically just had her Cheerios fill, but nothing beyond that. She still doesn't get him, was being promised some answers, which turned out to be a lie. Going back to the conversation on the Dromos, that was shady as fuck too, she demands answers, he changes the topic and tries to detract her legitimate issues with him again with the dancing routine. He just never cares about coming clean to her or how she feels, and in the end she gives up on it as well. She lsoes voice and they just dance. he never apologizes for anything and never thanks her for saving his damned life. For fuck's sake Nina's entire goal in this show is "understanding Charioce" ...and she never does.
>I think there were enough points in almost every conversation where Charioce is being honest about his intentions/feelings
And I think you're wrong. In their each interaction there is about as much truth as there is lies and misdirection done by Cheerios.
>>
>>165581156

Yeah, I figured as much, looking at episode 22 they mention that they only found the book with the plans for Dromos 10 years ago, so it fits in line perfectly with Charioce becoming king and actually starting the project, even in the flashbacks there are Onyx knights already in place when they first find the revival site.

I'd guess that no other king besides Cheerios would have gone so far in the making of Dromos.
>>
>>165581156
>he needed to murder and lie his way to the throne. It wasn't just made for him.
And in ep 17 he said to Nina he had been INVITED to the palace. So which is? Did he fucking lie to Nina again?
>>
>>165581226

I don't really know what you want here anon, I'm not trying to say their relationship is good or makes sense, just that they've had what I'd consider to be real conversations, even if Charioce lies to her he's also honest to her in some respects as well, as well as being emotionally vulnerable to her at least once.

> Nina's entire goal in this show is "understanding Charioce" ...and she never does.

She finds out exactly what he was planning and why during the last few episodes man, how is that not understanding?
I mean shit on the actual dynamics of their relationship all you like, but a conversation is still a conversation even if either party isn't being completely truthful.
>>
>>165581244
Power would have been a better word. He had the throne but no power. The city was in ruins, the demons are invading and no angels are helping this time, all the other nobles want him dead so the Cheerio line is killed off for good and they can take his place. If he actually wanted the throne rather than just be a figurehead, some blood needed to be spilled.
>>
>>165581085
>Judging by the age of the onyx knight guy
He looked so young it was hard to recognise him. And old dude is going to have the same design regardless if it's five years prior or ten. It's just a generic old man design. Cheerios also hasn't been a king for a whole ten years. Watch Jeanne's flashback again. He's been a king for about seven years.

>I think the bloody ascension Cheerios talks about is in reference to making it so that the other nobles accepted him as king, not killing within the family, that was the whole reason that Cheerios was 'invited', because all other ((or maybe just 'most' other)) heirs got killed during Bahamut's attack, they literally didn't have anyone else to turn to in the royal line except for the kid of some ex-concubine.
You can interpret it either way, fact is there's way too little definite answers to 100% claim one way or another.
>>
>>165581244

He was invited because the other heirs had been killed by Bahamut's attacks, I assume the 'bloody ascension' shit is more in reference to getting the nobility in line to accept a king who was just the son of an ex concubine, he was basically a peasant.
>>
>>165581327

> He looked so young it was hard to recognise him

Along with the green crystal degeneration I'd find it easy to believe it was only ten years.

But as it was, I already looked back in the episodes and during the flashback he does indeed say they found the book about Dromos exactly ten years ago, so yeah, Cheerios had to have been the only one in charge of the project.

> He's been a king for about seven years.

No, it's ten, he mentions multiple times the work he's built up for the last ten years.

Mugaro looks around 10 too.
>>
>>165581380

Addition to this, just looked at Jeannes flashback, but Charioce became king even before Jeanne was exiled, who knows for how long she was working for him, then the time when Jeanne was living alone, then raising El for what looks like at least 8-9 years. I'd say it equals out to 10.
>>
>>165581380
There is no way Cheerios has been coronated right after Bahamut's revival. Genesis ends with a coronation of a new king, who isn't Cheerios. It would be three more years before he'd be put in charge, which means the project could have been going for as long by then. Jeanne's flashback episode also puts the time frame at seven years prior. It's even made clear by Jeanne's hair which is long isntead of short as back in Genesis or in the OVA.
>>
>>165581437
Jeanne was exiled shortly after he became a king. She lived for about five years on her won. Since seven years back till about a year or two before present time. El has accelerated growth.
>>
>>165581480

> It would be 3 more years before he'd be put in charge

I think that was the ten year starting mark, anon.

As it was, the way they word it in episode 22 makes it seem pretty clear that Charioce himself was needed to actually start the project to build Dromos, maybe they did kill the old king because he wasn't on board with it, but I think its obvious that Charioce was in charge of the actual project for it's duration.

Especially considering the fact that, while they did have the book that talks about Dromos, they apparently needed the tablet artifact shit from the angels to actually know how to build it. And Cheerios was the one who started the war against them. The onyx knight captain even already had his green Crystal armor on when they found the revival site.
>>
>>165581621
>I think that was the ten year starting mark, anon.
I just checked and it does say seven fucking years ago right at the start of Jeanne's episode. The flashback starts even before Cheerios becomes the king. Also you can't be telling me he sat on his ass for 5 years before he went against the demons.
>>
I dropped it pretty early. Nina got on my nerves really fast.
>>
>>165580611
>If he's irreversibly blind then yes it is.
No, even then it isn't.. The core of the analogy in this context is the impact on happiness or whatever you think makes a life worthwhile, not permanence of the affliction. There's plenty of blind people who'd call themselves happy. There's not many vegetables and depressive people saying that.

>Ahh yes, it works! How does it work exactly?
Literally doesn't matter. It just does. The show's heavily-handedly saying that it's the case, so it is. That it's bad writing doesn't detract from the canonicity.
>>
>>165581759

So then they found the book before Charioce became king but needed him to actually start it in proper. Wasn't the original point of this argument that Charioce was just a figurehead for the building of Dromos? In episode 22 they literally say that they needed someone with strong mental fortitude to actually build Dromos.
>>
>>165581853
>It just does.
Nina says there is a lot of tension between humans and demons in her final letter, just that there are no more slaves. Glossed over, but inot everything is peachy.
>>
>>165582255
Your success criterion here was appeasement, i.e. tensions being able to be handled in a non-catastrophic way, not the construction of an utopia. A society with tensions but not erupting violence such as war qualifies as working, especially with such a brutal backstory.
>>
>>165559248
For a Disney princess story this one has way too much murder and suffering.
Ironic how everyone thought the romance was shoehorned in while it actually was the other way.
>>
>>165581312
>they've had what I'd consider to be real conversations
I'd also consider lying to someone's face a real conversation, because it would be "real" in a sense. But it's not a conversation you'd make two characters that are supposed to be madly in love to have. Cheerios has never, ever been truly genuine and open with Nina regarding the issues which affect her the most, not for a second. Even during the episode where they're supposed to be the most intimate he's leading her on and later goes back on his word.
> he's also honest to her in some respects as well
When? When he's telling her his name, his mom's grave and that he doesn't feel any remorse for his actions? That'd be about it. Not much truthing going on.
>as well as being emotionally vulnerable to her at least once.
Emotionally vulnerable yet still distant. Screaming at her for coming into his life and making a huge drama about it. And that's the problem, this doesn't feel genuine, it's hyper staged for the sake of drama.
>She finds out exactly what he was planning and why during the last few episodes man, how is that not understanding?
Nina in episode twenty-fucking-four:
>I still don't understand him...but I want to see him again!
Ask Nina man.
>a conversation is still a conversation
I think you just completely missed the point I was making. I made a very specific qualifier for what I consider a genuine conversation or a conversation which achieves connection between two people and Nina and Cheerios do not meet it. Your arguing that Nina and Cheerios have "any kind" of conversations in not the point at all. I know they talk, but their conversations do nothing to build up that relationship. In fact all they do is exposing how completely dysfunctional it is. But that's how this writer likes it. No communication necessary. All they need is their little dance routine and a shitload of romantic mementos.
>>
>>165582693

This, I mean, at least you could pass off the leftover tension as something that could lessen with time. It's hopeful enough.
>>
>>165582706

> he's leading her on and later goes back on his word.

As it stood, I believe that when HE said he'd tell her what he was planning, he meant it, but in a "I got too swept up in the moment" way and changed his mind later in order to keep his plan in tact.

> Not much truthing going on

Never said it was much, just that it was some.

> this doesn't feel genuine, it's hyper staged for the sake of drama.

Blame that on the shitty writing, in universe he was still bearing his emotions to her, no matter how overdramatic it was.

> a very specific qualifier for what I consider a genuine conversation or a conversation which achieves connection between two people

I guess we just have different opinions as to what that is then, again, I'm not saying their conversations or relationship in general is good, because it's really not, but I don't really think that means that they didn't have conversations wherein something was gained either idea wise or emotionwise, it just wasn't much.

> And a shitload of romantic mementos

What? The ring and the necklace? How's that a shitload?
>>
>>165582719
And it'd be bizarre in its own right. Cheerios didn't come after only the demons who were haunting humankind. He went after everybody, kids, elderly, the harmless ones. How on Earth was that supposed to release the tenshion between humans and demons (by "teaching demons a lesson" I assume) when all it did was creating a whole lot of completely new tension. Why shouldn't these innocent demons start feeling resentment against humans who wronged them because they belonged to a tribe which had a violent streek yet they themselves did nothing wrong? Even Azazel's response was going only after the slavers and enforcers, Cheerios went over the line.
>>
>>165582844

> which had a violent streak

If that's what you want to call once waging a war against humanity and angels, and generally preying on humanity like toys for probably at least hundreds of years, sure.
>>
>>165582808
>What? The ring and the necklace? How's that a shitload?
Necklace, paprika, ring, his cloth. I bet I missed some.
>>
>>165582876
>If that's what you want to call once waging a war against humanity and angels
What war? The one spurred by Gilles?
>and generally preying on humanity like toys for probably at least hundreds of years, sure.
The extent of which you don't even know so you just assume the hell on earth. From the looks of there weren't even that many demons to begin with.
>>
>>165582901

> Paprika
The pepper? Charioce has it in like, once scene, I highly doubt he kept it even if he could keep it from rotting or something.
> His cloth
Ey?

I think you might just be overreacting to this shit, the ring and the necklace are the only things we know for sure they kept as actual mementos.
>>
>>165582968
>The pepper? Charioce has it in like, once scene, I highly doubt he kept it even if he could keep it from rotting or something.
Nina has it pinned to her clothes until she's taken to the dungeon. The pendant he gives her later coincidentally has the exact same shape. Such symbolism.
>>
File: 321321323113.jpg (173 KB, 777x613)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>165582935

> What war

Pic related, I guess it may not be cannon since it wasn't directly in the show, but within the lore of the world it probably still happened.

> The extent of which you don't even know so you just assume the hell on earth.

I don't know, and I never said it was hell on earth, but if demons are enough of a problem that the gods need to conscript bounty hunters I imagine that they're probably a constant problem in some form or another.

As it is, to humanity demons are only ever known to be terrors that can destroy whole towns with magic shit.
>>
>>165583020
>wikia article
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>165558144
Maid Dragon should have more considering it was just unfunny jokes filled with dragon dykes.
>>
File: 132132132121.jpg (77 KB, 253x753)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>165583038

This any better?
>>
>>165583020
>if demons are enough of a problem that the gods need to conscript bounty hunters
More than half of the bounties seen in Genesis were for HUMAN criminals.
>Ghos
>Ghus
>Rita
>Favaro
>Gilles
Meanwhile on demons:
>ram
>book
>Amira
>>
>>165583078
No because it's a card lore from the game which Genesis is known for playing with fast and loose.
>>
>>165558349
I don't hate it but it didn't feel like the movie, it was honestly pretty boring.
>>
>>165583094

Ghos and Ghus also summoned demons though.

I thought the general idea was that the bounties only revolved around demons/demonic items/demon summoners.
>>
>>165583120

Sure, I said that it might not be cannon because of that, but I mean, considering the anime's portrayal of the universe it seems likely that this demon war shit still happened.
>>
The only good thing came from MAPPA was Zankyou no Terror.
I hope they deliver with the upcoming Ikuhara project though.
>>
if only you bought the first one anon

then we wouldve have the right sequel
>>
File: 1437111336693.jpg (100 KB, 640x800)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>165559818
best part of this shitshow
>>
File: 31213231121.png (308 KB, 851x463)
308 KB
308 KB PNG
>>165583235

> Zankyou no terror
>>
>>165583133
>Ghos and Ghus also summoned demons though.
That only raises the question why should demons pay for fighting humans' battles for them. It's still human on human violence at the end of the day, only by a proxy.
>>
>>165582808
>As it stood, I believe that when HE said he'd tell her what he was planning, he meant it, but in a "I got too swept up in the moment" way and changed his mind later in order to keep his plan in tact.
Far fetched and stupid, in fact if he told her about his plan she'd rely it to the "resistance camp" and his plan would actually go smoother. They wanted to stop him because they thought he was up to no good. If only he told anybody that Bahamut is coming half the bad shit wouldn't happen. The particularly retarded thing about Cheerios' character is his irrational antagonising of the gods.
>>
>>165583323

> why should demons pay for fighting humans' battles for them.

I assume summoned demons are dumb and/or just want to fight, the ones Ghos and Ghus summon seemed like beasts.
>>
>>165583416

> If Charioce only told anybody

This is probably one of the biggest flaws in the show, but that's just kind of another thing entirely, Cheerios not making sound decisions in general is kind of a running thing.
>>
>>165583144
Since that mythical war is never once referred to I'll just assume it's not meant to be relevant to the events of Genesis.
>>
>>165583429
And again, since demons who attack humans are just like dumb wild beasts (although VS puts that into question since even the beast like demons arrive to fight with Jeanne), do they really deserve that kind of punishment on the whole. As in, does the entire animal kingdom deserve genocide because bears sometimes attack tourists?
>>
>>165567688
>I missed you Bahabros. Unfortunately Virgin Soul left such a bad taste in my mouth that I just wiped the series out of my mind and pretended that Genesis never had a sequel. Now I know how fans of Darker than Black, Eureka Seven and Psycho Pass feel.
>tfw I "was" a fan of all those 4 franchises you mentioned and you reminded me of it all in one post
>>
>>165583566

Probably not, but I can absolutely see why humanity themselves would think so. All they've ever seen of demons is the bad side, it's either that the demons are evil and attack humanity or don't interact with humanity at all.

I imagine there are enough out there like Azazel how he was in Genesis that people can only see demons as these assholes who toy with humanity, because that's all the demons that show up in the human world actually do.
>>
>>165582808
>conversations wherein something was gained either idea wise or emotionwise
The weirdest/scariest part of Cheerios/Nina is that come to think of it, neither character has gained anything out of it. Nina is exactly the same person at the end she was at the start, plus a boyfriend. Cheerios is exactly the same person he was at the start, plus a girlfriend. They both, by design, were not meant to change or develop. Nina is a plucky Disney princess, they don't change, and Cheerios is a "perfection" he was never supposed to change either. What was the point to any of it??
>>
>>165583747

Who cares?
>>
File: 41LiUfeM1XL.jpg (24 KB, 500x453)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
Soundtrack coming in 21 days.
>>
>>165583670
Azazel is toying with humans by manipulating them into committing evil because he holds a grudge. There is a little more to it than demon = evil. maybe other sentient demons are like that too, who knows. The higher rank ones seem like they don't care much either way.
>>
>>165583917

Sure, they can have whatever reason they like, fact remains that all humanity ever see's of demons is their bad side, while the demons who don't hurt or overtly hate humanity simply don't interact with them at all.

>>165583869

Say whatever you want about the show, but the soundtrack was pretty great, I'm looking forward to it
>>
>>165583006
>The pendant he gives her later coincidentally has the exact same shape.
DEEP.
>>
>>165583638
Suou a cute.
>>
>>165558382
Woman writer
>>
>>165585126

I thought it was more cuz it looked kind of like a dragon claw.
>>
>>165585362

> Woman writer

That's not really an excuse, considering a woman wrote something as universally loved as FMA.
>>
I thought the first half was just as good as S1, but they fucked up so badly after the prison escape I ended up hating the whole thing altogether.
>>
Feels kinda bad since I absolutely adore this character designer, I can only hope they get more popular.
>>
>>165560894
wait so, is he conscious or not?
>>
File: Summertime_Grea3.jpg (99 KB, 640x800)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>165560119
>Lesbian dragon in a school academy.
They aren't very lesbian when you have the Self-Insert Player Knight going to the academy with them like in the game.
>>
>>165587679
I think one of the writers said that he was.

Something like 'Rita can control which zombies are sentient and which aren't by how she turns them' or some shit.
>>
>>165561141

So he can fuck Rita without being guilty about it, why the hell do you think?
>>
File: Lucifer_the_Voidwing.jpg (95 KB, 640x800)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>yfw you will never get a Bahamut OVA with Lucifer curbstomping everyone including the protagonist and then ending all life.
>"Hero. I applaud your bravery for approaching me at the zenith of my powers. But I shall have you watch in despair as everything you hold dear is erased. Cry not... for everything is destined to end... "
What is the point of living?
>>
File: 1429984866699.jpg (52 KB, 480x480)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
Why did they bait me into thinking Nina was going to be a female Favaro who can turn into a dragon?

I didn't ask for her to become a bad shoujo MC, /a/...
>>
>>165588055

> Implying Lucifer would bother getting out of his chair in the library to kill the protag

>>165588057

If you really thought even from the first PV, that Nina was going to be a female Favaro, then you're just stupid.
>>
>>165588210
>Implying Lucifer would
But that is literally what he did in the game. He won at first, but then lost because of time shenanigans.
>>
I stopped watching when Favaro appeared. Not for any real reason, I just fell off at the time, being busy.
Did I do good stopping there?
>>
File: 1506132686663.jpg (1024 KB, 1449x1080)
1024 KB
1024 KB JPG
>>
>>165558144
the less people watch something the less they can be disappointed about it
this isn't a disappointment poll, its a 'you got hyped up, decided to watch it and hated it' poll.
>>
>>165588938
Yes. Nina and Cheerios ruined the season with their dumb shit.
>>
>>165588938

If you feel like it, watch it, and if not, don't.

You shouldn't trust people on /a/ for their opinions on shit regardless.
>>
>>165588994
Yes that's what disappointment means. Higher expectations, worse let-down.
>>
>>165588987
Basically /r9k/ the anime
>>
>>165558516

I heard they hired a soap opera author to write the sequel.
>>
>>165562823
>Demons, being belligerent shitheads for the entirety of their existence, get enslaved by the humans who finally had enough of their bullshit and had the means to end it, but we're the bad guys cause we finally got the upper hand
>THA DEMONS GOOD BOIS, THEY DINDU NUFFIN

>Demons attempting to assassinate the human king get BTFO, but really we have to feel sad for them cause idk so emotional :(

>Civs start protesting in a time where that's probably not allowed and get fucked up, shocker

>The holy child whom interrupts the kingdom's attempts to stop the Rag Demon from killing people is killed but since we know him a little better that's sad, I guess

>Kaiser is Cheerios subordinate who actively interfered with him and his actions which could be defined as treasonous

>The Onyx Knights willing took it upon themselves to slowly die for Cheerios

>Angels too afraid to use secret weapons to try to kill Bahamut, so Cheerios had to take them. Doing something is better than doing nothing.

>That little demon kid deserved it

Favaro's case was kinda fucked up, though
>>
>>165557958
What the hell are you guys talking about?
There is no second season of Shingeki no Bahamut...
>>
>>165591223

> Angels too afraid to use secret weapons to try to kill Bahamut

Honestly this DID piss me off, they had the means to build Dromos themselves locked away somewhere just because it was forbidden magics or whatever, when angels themselves probably had the power at their disposal do build Dromos without resorting to slave labour, so why the fuck didn't they just build it whenever Bahamut was about to appear and one of the angels sacrifices themselves to kill it, even if it's not any better than just killing it physically, at the very least it puts Bahamut away while hugely curtailing the death toll that it would cause if it was fought normally.
>>
>>165591223
>>Angels too afraid to use secret weapons to try to kill Bahamut, so Cheerios had to take them. Doing something is better than doing nothing.
Maybe because those weapons did not fucking exist before Virgin Soul and were invented solely for the purpose of Cheerios having them you stupid cunt. Remember that VS is not canon.
>>
Remove humanity.

The dogs of Mistarcia.
>>
>>165592297
>This bullshit plot point is introduced to keep the story progressing, but I'm not allowed to be angry at it and point out a large flaw with its existence because its purpose is simply to be there.

If it's not canon, why is seemingly everyone here angry about it? Just because it might not be canon, that excuses lazy writing, plot holes, and just overall shit story?
>>
>>165576370
>Favarofag still lying out his ass moonths after the show ended

Is it because Favaro was worthless throughout VS?
>>
>>165592821
You didn't kys yet?
>>
>>165558876
well it completely ignored the OVAs which everyone loved and did its own thing. I can't just relove something from scratch
>>
>>165592601
What are you talking about? it's still official content so of course it's scrutinised in terms of quality. But it doesn't fit within the universe because of the ridiculous amount of bullshit, retcon, bad backtracking of the lore and OOCness it introduced. The biggest WTF of them all has got to be what they did with Bahamut. He's been nerfed s badly nobody's goint to take him seriously after VS. He only existed so Cheerios could "kill" him and become a hero. The entire show existed solely for the purpose of nonsensical Cheerios wank.
>>
>>165591223
>cheerioposters still exist
Go back to being extinct.
>>
Cheerios did nothing wrong. Demons deserve extermination, gods are dicks and need to be knocked down a peg, he was the only one trying to kill bahamut for good.
He's still king, and has a mute hot dragon waifu with big ninas as a bodyguard/fucktoy who is willing to live in exile and work manual labor jobs in poverty just to get a taste of his cheerios milk.
>>
>>165587679
>>165587719
There was even this one comic showing that he was sentient.
I remember people saying it was official as it appeared, then that it was fan made and in the end I don't know what was right since I had enough of VS
>>
>>165595921
It was a fanart.
>>
>>165595890
If gods and demons weren't on the site Bahamut would blow up his kingdom you dingus. I kind of wish he did exterminate all of them just so that bahamut beam could hit that castle. Would've been hilarious.
>>
>>165557958
Fuck Cheerios and Nina.
>>
File: 1506074677172.jpg (208 KB, 1200x1200)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
Daddy.




Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.