[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: file.png (79 KB, 200x200)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
Will Violet Evergarden change anime?
>>
>>166538694
>Netflix original
>Kyoto Animation
>Changing anything
>>
>>166538788
>original
>>
>>166538903
That's how they're advertising it
>>
will end like mahoutsukai.

advertised as the show that will change everything but ends up as just a good show...
at least it will be the best looking show thats for sure
>>
>>166538966
>trusting Netflix
>>
>Violet Evergarden won't be half as good as Land of the Lustrous
Kvin, sakugabooru
>>
File: 1390778390012.jpg (48 KB, 800x600)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>166538694
Of course it will.
>>
>>166538966
So?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (82 KB, 625x626)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
>>166538694
>>
I just want my violet doujins
>>
>>166538694
I am fan of novel and very excited for anime, i dont see how it can "change" anything though.

Its just a good story and superb anime production. It merely can set new standards for quality of TV Anime, but those are irrelevant since no one can match KyoAni standards anyway (not even KyoAni itself, since last time they did it was years ago with Hyouka)

It is however relevant Change for KyoAni itself, since unlike virtually everything they adapted in last decade, its a SERIOUS story, with very strong imotional impacts, scenes of graphic violence and cruelty and war.

They did not do anything of that kind since TSR. KnK had potential and some of the darker elements, but they toned it down very much for TV as opposed to novel (though partially returned to the darker tone in movies).

So it`ll not change Anime, but will open door for KyoAni to do more kinds of serious, graphic and "unsafe" shows as opposed to being litterally Disney of anime.
>>
>>166539606
What i can praise KyoAni for is not spoiling much in trailers and promotion. Majority of people just know that it will be beutiful looking anime with female MC, but no real clue about the content of it - mostly speculating and in 100% cases wrong if they did not read the novel. Though them rearranging novel order to bring much of Violet`s back story to first three episodes is understandable, but worrying - since novel does good job revealing Violet`s past and mystery bit by bit mixing events of current and past, while "chronological" order might be a bit too straightforward and casts a question how they will handle the parts of novel where reader is NOT supposed to know things and only discover them and context later.
>>
Honestly desu, Netflix is the superior streaming platform solely because of the skip intro button.
>>
>kyoani
>change anything

This isn't shaft or gainax we're talking about.
>>
>>166540127
>shaft
>change
Just about every other studio is more creative. Nothing in Shinbo repartoir changed since Soul Taker, anything new in Shaft was brought by other people that meanwhile left and this season it makes a commercial for PSP game using direction and visual style of own show from 10 years ago.
>>
>>166540127
Nice joke
>>
File: sameface.png (331 KB, 649x365)
331 KB
331 KB PNG
>>166540127
they brought about an era of sameface prosperity
>>
>>166540198
Shaft has one of the biggest catalogues in terms of diversity, the only other studios that match or beat it is madhouse and gainax. Kyoani makes the same show over and over again.
>>
>>166538694

I'll let you know when it shows up on Nyaa.
>>
>>166540490
Yeah, no.
>>
>>166538694
If you actually think that this anime will bring anything new to the table you have autism
>>
>>166538694
Probably not.
>>
File: i'm gonna kill you.png (444 KB, 978x720)
444 KB
444 KB PNG
>>166540490
>biggest catalogues in terms of diversity
>having 50 iterations of Monogatari is having diversity
>>
>>166540303
>no more disgusting clannad eyes
fucking good
>>
>>166539606
>I am fan of novel
Don't act like you read that shit before there was an anime
>>
It'll bomb so hard, everyone will be talking about devilman, not this turd
>>
>>166541282
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words.

You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands.

Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it.

You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>166541332
I haven't seen anyone paste the entire pasta in years god damn
>>
No, but it will make this board complete cancer for the next 3 months.
>>
>>166541282
I did. The novels are length translated in english, so reading them is not such a huge achievement. I`ve been following VEG since annoucement of the contest win, so obviously jumped on opportunity to read them as soon as first chapters started being translated. Its only two relatively short vollumes.
>>
>>166541428
It was also clear that there will be anime for VEG from the moment of contest as well - though at the time no one even had a clue what it was about, since KyoAni held it under wraps for long time only revealing information much late when finally published first vollume. Its their Magnum Opus, and they took time to prepare to do it properly and it have a bigger impact.
>>
File: 1214.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>166541380
The trolls have been shit posting it for like 5 weeks now.
>>
>>166538788
>there are regular Netflix-sponsored animus coming out now

We are in hell.
>>
File: 1514589548394.jpg (48 KB, 467x531)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>166541494
Just shows how afraid of kyoani's influence they are.
>>
>>166540303
Wow, shitposter is still using same picture even after 5 years.
>>
>>166538694
GodAni will always find a way
>>
File: violet cosplay.jpg (95 KB, 1199x800)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>166542739
Look at that animation. How can anyone even compete
>>
File: _MUF65adxbk.jpg (127 KB, 700x944)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>
File: file.png (920 KB, 963x668)
920 KB
920 KB PNG
Netflix made official page for VEG

https://www.netflix.com/ru/title/80182123

They claim its "Netflix Original", which it absolutely is not since they are not involved in production. KyoAni suing them when?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (219 KB, 1200x900)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
Huge spoiler, do not look!

The ACTUAL Auto Memories Doll
>>
>>166538694
What is this shit even about?
>>
>>166542912
People hiring avatar of Goddess of War with more blood on hands than Urobutcher killed his characters to write letters
>>
>>166539374
>here you go Sir your 10000 rape mind break doujin!
>>
Are there any other shows that look like triple A Hollywood movies? Hibike 2 was directed fantastically, and this one looks like Oscar bait (in a good way)
>>
>>166541763
>afraid

They're just fucking aannoying, they're as big of a cancer as the fucking fatefags and jojofags combined.
>>
>>166542912

an overpowered autistic girl learning about human emotions. also yearning for the dick.
>>
>>166538694
No. It will however, be very pretty.
>>
>>166538694
It will have sex with your eyes. It's up to you deciding whether it's consensual or not.
>>
File: 1448504470796.png (170 KB, 600x375)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
>>166541763
>afraid of kyoani's influence
>>
File: 1514623635273.png (1.01 MB, 1203x732)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>>166542912
Rambo 1

A PTSD War viteral with with dependency issue on his Colonel/Master and hands deep in blood and guts and having memories of commiting war crimes returns to "normal" life with no skills and talents other than murder.

Things to mention:
killing pows in murder survival game, airdropping from plane mid battlefield wielding giant axe, fighting terrorists hijacking the train and taking passangers hostages, fighting a cult wanting to sacrafice a girl and believing you are avatar of Goddess of War, attending a war criminal awaiting execution and admitting you are worse than him, but your side won, killing attempted rapists, thieves, assassinating enemy commanders and politicians.

And oh yeah, writing letters for people that for whatever reason (being drug addicts with trembling hands, underage girls unable to write, prisoner not given a pen so he dont commit suicide, soldier mid battle, archeologist hating burocracy etc).
>>
File: jCBshbMQcyk.jpg (172 KB, 807x459)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
“I love flowers,” writes Akatsuki Kana on her bio on the second volume of Violet Evergarden, “and I love poetry. But the most fun I have writing is war scenes.”

----------------

Immediately, the girl aimed the mechanical bow and shot an iron arrow. It perfectly hit the handle of the axe stuck in the prisoner’s head. With the impact of the arrow, the blade was buried further into his cranium. The prisoner continued screaming until he collapsed backwards with an agonized, painful expression.

All chatter ceased.

Without paying the crowd any mind, the girl moved her petite feet in the direction of the convulsing prisoner, aiming the bow towards his torso and firing another arrow as she drew closer. It was a ruthless, precise, mechanical murder. The iron arrow pierced his chest and took his life away for good.

The girl retrieved the axe from the corpse and swung it lightly downwards, the blood and fat on the blade splashed onto the floor. She also seemed familiar with the successive pattern of collecting the iron arrows and repositioning them. Although her frame was of a young child when she stood still, her image was that of a skilled hunter when she moved.

No one had foreseen that the rug laid on the training ground would be stained with the prisoners’ blood. But from then on, that place would be covered in it. A girl soldier who would engrave her name in the history of Leidenschaftlich’s army was about to be born. As the spectators fearfully embraced that premonition, their stares focused on Gilbert.

He stood up, leaning his body against the security rail. Once more, he gave the order, yelling on top of his lungs, “Kill!!”

The girl moved like an automated doll. She sped up, her small body progressively lowering. Again, she threw the axe, still glistening with blood, into the vital point of one of them.
>>
File: 1514622333947.png (1.64 MB, 1191x891)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB PNG
>>166543278
The prisoners then separated into those who scattered off and those who charged at her wielding their batons in spite of being overwhelmed. The ones that ran away were shot merciless and repeatedly in the head by the arrows. The brave ones cooperated with one another and surrounded the girl. It seemed they planned to corner her and beat her to death. They attacked in unison, trying to steal her weapons.

But such scheme was a mistake.

In the meantime that the girl could not be seen through the gaps between their bodies, the prisoners screamed and rolled onto the floor. Their ankles had been hit, and it was not a random attack – she stabbed and slashed them over and over. Such tactic could be executed due to the girl’s effective flexibility. Her figure as she stood with the knife in hand in the middle of the fallen ones was horrifyingly extraordinary, like a fairy conceived from petals of blood.

As a prisoner attempted to escape while dragging his feet, she rushed to grab his head from behind and tear his throat with the knife, silently ending his life. Her hand movements were similar to that of a chef decapitating fish and chickens. She then turned to the prisoners waiting to be dismantled, murdering them one by one. In the process, the knife eventually became unusable and she could not kill with anything except the batons.

“No! No! No!”

“She’s a monster! Help us! Hey, please help us!”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOO!”
>>
>filters
>changing anything
>>
File: gZx87uTd_w8.jpg (48 KB, 690x461)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>166543304
The one originally meant to serve as bait for such a homicidal game had been the girl. However, he had also not wished for her to be the only one breathing in the end. After all the prisoners had been killed, had they been insufficient as the girl stared straight at referee who watched everything while holding a gun?

The frightened referee pointed the gun at her, but whether he could kill her or not was debatable. Whatever weapon was used to confront her, the chances of winning were slim. She was absolute. Her fighting techniques using multiple weapons compensated for her lesser physical power. Her outstanding skills were superior to brute strength.

Where had she learned all of that and what did she use to do? Even if she could talk, one could not hope for a decent answer.

Her assassination techniques made clear that she had a gift for conquering things through butcher. Not even being outnumbered was an issue. The audience of that ‘show’ was enraptured by her and could not help but applaud her wonderful talent. She was a prodigy. If any gods that controlled death existed, surely she was dearly loved by them.

The little killer who had obeyed the commands of her Lord directed her gaze at Gilbert. Blue and green eyes met.

“Stop.” He shook his head at the girl. As he did so, she dropped the baton she had been holding and knelt down on the spot.

Seated on the pool of blood, the girl breathed profoundly. Even as she was sultry with blood and fat, her figure as she inhaled and exhaled with such small lips was but that of a child. It only added up to her fearsomeness.
>>
>>166543160
So, basically shit.
>>
File: 1499919808317.jpg (66 KB, 491x491)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>166541494
>>166541763
>>166543045
Kek Netflix has already made this show irrelevant by delaying western release and you have to rely on inconsistent fansubs that are even lazier than they use to be.

Us chads at /a/ will be thoroughly discussing the AOTY known as DEVILMAN Crybaby™ for months, while you scramble for subs like a bitch weekly.
>>
>>166542912
A harem show with Cladia (its a male) being a self insert mc surrounded by girls working under him and wanting his dick (at least Cattleya) while he flirts with every skirt in town and tries to seduce his underage secretary rescured from rape cult
>>
>>166538788
>netflix original
They're not even on production committee, they just paid for exclusive licensing rights
>Kyoto Animation
Only the unironically best and most talented studio in the industry right now. What's your point?
>Changing anything
The only thing you're right about. It will look spectacular, but how is that supposed to change anything? KyoAni is playing chess while the rest of the industry is playing checkers. They're in their own league and no one else can keep up. I guess they could inspire new generations of animators, but we won't see the payoff for a decade or two.
>>
>>166543371
Its always fun to see haters shitposting without having a basic clue and making fools of themselves.

Let alone having no knowledge of what VEG is actually, you messed up here as well.

First of all VEG is not Netflix "exclusive". It`ll air on 5 japanese TV channels as well other streaming services in China etc. So raws are easy to get by.

Secondary, given VEG popularity (and fact that people will not wait and just watch fansubs from japanese raws) Netflix which initially intended to air at bulk at Spring, changed it schedule and now it`ll air weekly starting 11 January
>>
>>166543497
>First of all VEG is not Netflix "exclusive". It`ll air on 5 japanese TV channels as well other streaming services in China etc. So raws are easy to get by.
Yeah and you get lazy fansubs with people either half assing them or releasing them when they feel like it. Fansubs aren't what they use to be before crunchy era.
>Secondary, given VEG popularity (and fact that people will not wait and just watch fansubs from japanese raws) Netflix which initially intended to air at bulk at Spring, changed it schedule and now it`ll air weekly starting 11 January
There has been zero sources or actual confirmation from Netflix on this for the western release. Every single source from them and other outlets confirm only Japan will get it weekly.

Try again.
>>
>>166543441
>netflix original
You are correct, but see >>166542843

Netflix is not involved in its production and just bought rights to stream it, but at least in own catalogue it lists it as "netflix original". Given that they secured the rights before show production was complete, they can claim so - but they are indeed not in production commity (only Kyoani and Lantis are). Similar applies to a lot of "netflix originals" too.

The only real that are actually produced thanks to Netflix are Ajin, Castelvania , Devilman this season and B: The Begining in spring.

Still, in year 2018 Netflix already funds around 30 titles, so even if they are not dictating anything or ordering production and just securing rights - they are still contributing to them.
>>
File: 1514899389527.png (1.18 MB, 1366x768)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
>>166538694
It's gonna get completely eclipsed by the actual AOTS and possibly AOTY
>>
File: file.png (214 KB, 587x602)
214 KB
214 KB PNG
>>166543603
>There has been zero sources
I gave you a link, idiot.
>>
>>166543676
>muh cute girls
>>
>>166543676
>nothing but cute anime girls

Into the bin it goes
>>
File: 1451537521022.jpg (148 KB, 848x480)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>166543441
>KyoAni is playing chess while the rest of the industry is playing checkers
>>
>>166543676
Not that Yorimoi even comparable - its not in the same league even remotely production and content wise.

Still hope there will be at least some tweests in the story (hollow earth, nazi ufos, ancient eldritch evil whatever) so that it actually had chance to become popular.
>>
Wait is it only going to be on netflix? Their subtitles are almost always terrible and the way they handle releases bafflingly incompetent and slow. I'll take crunchyroll rips anyday over netflix slop.
>>
>>166543691
>>166543704
>K-On
Into the trash it goes
>>
>>166543749
Netflix has superior encode though. As far subs go, the sub groups confirmed to check the quality when it airs to decide if its worth making subs themselves or not.
>>
>>166543749
It’ll be the first true simulcast on Netflix apparently. Kyoani is really a game changer
>>
>>166543686
>The streaming service Netflix is currently listing Kyoto Animation's Violet Evergarden anime with a "new episode coming on January 11" in Canada, the United Kingdom, and the Philippines. However, Netflix does not currently have a listing for the series in Japan and in the United States.

Nothing but a mistake. Keep your delusion to yourself.
>>
>>166540303
This is better
>>
>willingly even discussing streaming shit
Wew /a/ surely has gotten lower in 2018
>>
>>166543807
>>166543875

If I have no other choice I'll do it but, god. The way they handled SnK and LWA (and where the fuck is godzilla?) doesn't give me much confidence. Typesetting can be shit too, seven deadly sins was unreadable.
>>
>>166543919
And you care because you actually intended to watch it at Netflix as a disgusting amerifat you are?
>>
>>166543954
People need to realise the same face issue is in the show itself. Not that other shows have the same face. A typical cast in kyoani have the same facial structure and only thing making them different is cosmetic shit and hair styles/colour.
>>
>>166543758
I agree, k on is absolute trash.
>>
>>166543954
That fucking one male is where everything went wrong
>>
>>166543980
>says the guy who actually went on netflix to prove an error
Truly activates my almonds
>>
>>166543964
99% of what you watch is rip of the Crunchyroll streams. Yes, its 2018.

Until BD rips are there, you litterally have no other option - especially considering high rest stream rips are superior to japanese TV raws (depending on format)

At least Netflix is better quality than CR. Still all KyoAni shows are only truly enjoyed in their glory in BD versions. If you did not watch the BD versions of KyoAni shows - you did not watch KyoAni shows at all.
>>
>>166543954
>2003 was the best and only good looking
Why dont they make anime with FMP's faces anymore? Chidori a cute
>>
>>166541380
You're late this board is already cancer.
>>
>>166544102
>99% of what you watch is rip of the Crunchyroll streams. Yes, its 2018.

I read manga. Anime has no good originals since 2012.
>>
>>166544061
Mai is not a man
>>
>>166543954
>Most beautiful kyoani girl is a boy
Really makes you think.
>>
File: Saberclone a shit.png (171 KB, 300x300)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
>>166538694
>>
>>166538694
Why? I have a feeling that it will be overdone.
>>
>>166538694
Garbage eye candy.
>>
>>166538788
Oh. Seriously? Netflix? Another series with cartel shitsubs and Netflix shitsubs.
I would be glad if Doki picked it up.
>>
>>166544689
Fuck ufotable and their shitty artanimation.
>>
>>166544689
>implying original saber isn't shit in itself
>>
>>166544168
Bullshit.

>>166544102
Yeah. I would rather watch something with worse video quality and good subs, than autistic quality with crapsubs

>>166543316
At least they can into filtering and blending 3DCG with rest, not like ufoshit.
>>
>>166538694
>yuribait changing anime
Hmmmm
>>
>>166542759
>look at the animation
>shows a image
>>
>>166544882
>Bullshit
Not a single original show from 2013 and up is gonna be remembered in 10 years
>>
>>166545062
Little witch may be remembered for like 5 years
>>
>>166545062
Remembered by WHO exactly? Normalfags?
Closest example, Sakura Quest, 2017.
>>
File: 1460741704341.jpg (372 KB, 2500x3226)
372 KB
372 KB JPG
>>166545062
>>
File: 1399560813519.jpg (56 KB, 493x549)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>166545062
KLK will.
>>
>>166545131
LWA is Disneytier crap anyway. I wouldn't even count it as anime.
>>
File: death-note-netflix.jpg (585 KB, 1680x1050)
585 KB
585 KB JPG
>>166538694
If it does in any way it will be to invite more normalfags to participate in anime, if it does become a success we will have more stuff like this soon.
>>
>>166545347
I`d watch VEG live action as long its made by Japanese or Koreans. There will never be "western" versions because it is not retarded enougth for american consumption. Now Devilman..
>>
File: 1506431016876.png (918 KB, 870x720)
918 KB
918 KB PNG
>>166545347
A successful anime will pave the way for more anime, not more live action adaptations. If death note had been more successful then there'd be more like it, not VEG.
>>
>>166545421
But Violet is european.
>>
>>166545347
That's less of desu noto's fault and more of americunts on their eternal quest of ruining everything for everyone.
>>
No, but it will be AOTY.
>>
>>166542759
>cosplay
>doesn't wear tighter form-fitting gloves

I am disappointed.
>>
>>166545421
Oh fuck off. Japanese live actions are garbage and look like grown men cosplaying and being filmed. Cheap shit.
>>
>>166545677
You just watched a shitty one, if you actually did watch any which i doubt.
>>
File: 1504768818750.jpg (510 KB, 903x700)
510 KB
510 KB JPG
>>166545421
>it is not retarded enough for american consumption
lol)
VEG will be absolutely eaten up by western normalfags who only watch """""deep thought-provoking"""" anime. If you're unfortunate enough to know people like this, you know they'll love it
>>
File: Spoiler Image (234 KB, 480x480)
234 KB
234 KB PNG
>>166540859
I'll kill you for that.
>>
>>166545734
he probably did cause I could name 3 good ones off the top. Can also admit crappy ones exist but lotta recent stuff is getting better
>>
File: 1449927711699.png (157 KB, 516x440)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
>LN adaptation
Tell me ONE reason I should even give this the 3 ep rule. Anything LN is pure shit.
>>
>>166538694
No, it's just going to be another Your Name. Tearjerker with pretty visuals who will be forgotten in a few months. It's Kyoanus, I don't remember the last time they dared something.
>>
>>166545782
these people don't exist
the only normalfags who watch anime watch One Punch Man, Attack on Titan and Re:Zero and it's because of the edge, not for their intellectual values
>>
>>166538694
Everytime I check the catalog there's some VE thread with this generic question reworded.
>>
>>166545782
Those types are in the minority. The majority of normalfags watch powerlevel shit like naruto, DBS, BnHA, etc.
>>
>>166545782
But VEG is not """"deep and though-provoking""""

It is straightforward and emotional. It does not make you think about nature of war, human relationships, values whatever. It just punches you in a gut, grabs your intestines and slowly turns them making you feel all the characters on screen do (with exception of Violet, who feels nothing)
>>
File: 1476152967991.jpg (183 KB, 1920x1080)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>166540859
>>
>>166545782
I'd watch 26 episodes of Tsukasa's daily life in this art style
>>
>>166545734
Oh fuck off, I'm aware there are anomalies like the kenshin ones or ones that are high budget like FF and Gantz O but most look stupid as fuck. Last one i watched was the Gintama one and shit looked retarded as fuck and i don't know how that blew up.
>>
>>166545872
then don't watch it fag, why should I care
>>
>>166538694
It'll be decent to good, with great animation. Anime youtubers, reddit and mal will praise it to high heaven, while the contrarians on /a/ will call it dogshit and laugh at the sales numbers, even though they will be pretty okay.
>>
>>166538694
Nah, but I'm looking forward to read Asanagi doujin.
>>
>>166545859
General any live action adaptations of anime are 99% cases crap.

On other hand adaptaions of manga are generally great. But overall, its not worth watching japanese live actions for "adaptations", except if loose ones. Its original ones that are good or those barely based on source material.

There are exceptions obviously - Nodame, Saburo which litterally emulate manga/anime style and still work.
>>
>>166538694
>change anime
You spelled save wrong. VEG is easily already AOTY.
>>
File: 59a1cebd-s.jpg (40 KB, 500x271)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>166543278
>>166543304
>>166543337
If is this is what pass for good writing in japan these days, i have no faith in them anymore.
>>
>>166546002
Best Nishio Ishin adaptation to date, is a live action one. As opposed the shitty slideshow and unfaithful crap that is Monogatari anime.

Okitegami Kyoko is example of how his works should be adapted.
>>
>>166545859
>could name 3 good ones off the top.

Yeah out of how many that exists? Ridiculous.
>>
File: 1504783655616.jpg (237 KB, 690x1000)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>>166545922
>It just punches you in a gut, grabs your intestines and slowly turns them making you feel all the characters on screen do (with exception of Violet, who feels nothing)
You could've described it in a less edgy way and proved your point, but you're just making it sound like pretentious garbage.
>>
File: objection.jpg (281 KB, 1920x1080)
281 KB
281 KB JPG
>>166540859
Watch more Shaft.
>>
>>166545734
Japan are shit when it comes to live actions and are BTFO by Korea in this department.

Liar game gook version completely shits on the Japanese version
>>
>>166546105
As said. Its not pretentious. But if you expect mild melodrama or distanced character drama you are not prepared. The point of what makes Violet Evergarden novel special, is that it pulls no punches. Its storytelling does not "touch reader". Its mercilessly knocks them down.
>>
File: kyo.png (9 KB, 850x76)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
I don't know OP. Did this show change anime?
>>
>>166545885
Hold on a second, have you been watching anime for a month or you were being sarcastic? Go to MAL if you wanna know what normalfags like, Yuasa is a god to normalfags.
>>
>>166546164
The last thing anyone needs to do is watch more unfinished powerpoint garbage.
>>
File: Hidamari.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>166546247
You're right, people should watch more Kyoani CGDCT shows.
>>
>>166546222
Mahoromantic actually is a great Gainax classic, that was quite impactful and changed "magical girlfriend" genre.

VEG is not like it though. Plastic Memories is more Mahoromantic. For one Violet is not a robot (also not a human as well) and her character is nothing like Mahoro.

If you want Plastic Memories, go watch Franxx - its written by the same author. If you wanted to compare Violet to specific anime, it`ll be Gosick - an episodic mystery drama with overreaching main plot and resulting story culmination.
>>
>>166546164
I tried, last shaft show I tried watching was that one with the blue-haired girl named Erio and I had to drop it because those fucking necks look retarded as fuck. Whoever that can stands that garbage, I take off my hat, they have my respect.
>>
>>166546364
>he says while posting shaft's powerpoint CGDCT
If you thought you had a point, you blew it.
>>
>>166546398
idiot
>>
>>166546244
you're so severely misguided I don't even know where to start
nigger normalfags only think of anime as "those weird cartoons that nerds watch", the only ones that get popular with them are action-packed garbage that airs on netflix or got so memed about they had to check it out to fit in with their hipster friends (ie Attack on Titan and company)
>>
>>166539606
>implying Kyoani won't just rape the source material like any of its other adaptations
>>
>>166545175
>>166545173
But that's just because it's Imaishi and it's the first big show by trigger. If the same show was released by JC Staff, and directed by a literally who director, nobody would care.
>>
File: 1476893499711.png (50 KB, 338x354)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>166546398
Yeah should watch Clannad right
>>
File: 1503710057829.jpg (59 KB, 483x522)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>166546421
>>
>>166545062
Gay swimmers
>>
>>166545885
>>166545909
>>166545922
That's why the ironic quotes are there, none of these shows have any genuine intellectual value but the normies who watch them like to pretend they do; read MAL reviews, or see if you can get any normie to admit they only like (popular shounenshit) because it's edgy crap they like instead of spouting trite drivel on how it's actually good
>>
>>166538694
when the fuck is this going to be on nyaa
>>
>>166546432
They are changing order of things in novels and adding new stuff, but from reaction of those who watched the first three episode in Japan they seem to have succeeded in bringing over the qualities of novel and elevating them in anime experience.

I hope they dont tone down graphic violence as its relevant for plot and Violet`s character, but we`ll really only see when it airs.

Violet is just not a character you can make moeblob of with all effort despite her appearances and behavior. Her core still remains that she is unhesitating unquestioning murderer. Without evil, but neverless a monster.
>>
>>166546600
10 jan for japanese raws, 11 for netflix rips
>>
>>166546609
>Implying being a murderer, crazy, emotionally dead, or a monster has ever stopped anons on here or in Japan from lewding, waifuing, or making cute fanart of a character.
>>
>>166546424
Are you calling FMAB and HxH action-packed garbage? At least you contradicted yourself in the last part of your post, I guess you are just an idiot.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (421 KB, 1920x1080)
421 KB
421 KB JPG
>>166546494
>>
File: 1356339788765.jpg (935 KB, 1500x3266)
935 KB
935 KB JPG
>>166540303
>>166543954
Okay, just for you.
>>
>>166546723
She is not crazy.
She is not emotionally dead.
She is rational, smart and empathetic to a degree as she learns it.

The main reason for a lot of her fanart existing now and youtube filled with videos of drawing her is elegance and beuty. But as she herself says, its not like monsters have to look ugly and dangerous.

She is not a bad person, she is not evil. In comparision, Kino, is a sociopath and bad person. Violet is not. However she is absolutely unhesitating when it comes to murder - she feels no regrets, not questions wether its just or not (even though herself able to distinct them), knows the worth of human life, yet disregards it completely - following orders be it heroic or criminal and not attached to specific point of view.

She is so far best portrayal of "weapon" in anime (and there were a LOT). Usually such characters are either unsable, sociopathic, psychotic , repressed, bloodthirsty or whatever abnormal. Violet is not. She understands (or learns to) everything, can empathise, does not have no joy nor repulsion to killing, appreciates morals and yet her actions are not bound by them. Killing comes to her absolutely natural as breathing and have no impact on her emotional state, acting as mechanical tool, a weapon.

She learns to reflect on her nature and actions, and understands that she is a murderer, war criminal, a monster - aware of the weight of her "sins", but neverless unaffected by it as thats how she is.

And the whole story of novel is that she goes on a journey to change.. but does not. It ends once again with her hands in blood, and only wish to be useful to her master - still unable to became human.

Thats her appeal. She is not autistic, not cold,not damaged, not evil. She`s is just as if not more rational and empathetic as normal humans - yet there`s a line that distincts her still. God forbid for comparison, but its kinda like in Elfen Lied the heroine tries to live "normal life" except Violet is not a psycho.
>>
File: Qhoqa9e6dFY.jpg (36 KB, 500x232)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
Pic from "Starter pack"

Shows few characters not shown before
>>
File: 163645.jpg (31 KB, 225x350)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>166547210
>it's all the same shit right?
yes it's
>>
>>166547238
This show is going to get trolled to hell and back on /a/ but I'm looking forward to it. I should probably read it first.
>>
>>166547238
>She`s is just as if not more rational and empathetic as normal humans
>murders people and feels nothing over it
She is a robot imitating human behaviour and if she is going through all these scenarios and not changing in any way because of them then that is really shitty writing.
>>
>>166538694
>KyoAnus

Why do people STILL fall for the KyoAni meme?

You'd think after Tomako Markter AND Chu22 in the same year people would get the fucking message.
>>
>>166549768
Brainlets need a much clearer message.
>>
So I see this is getting simulcast on Netflix in some english speaking countries but not burgerland. Does that mean horriblesubs will be able to rip from like Canada Netflix or something? I was sort of hoping no one would simulcast it so we could hopefully just all watch a decent subgroup pick it up instead of trash netflix subs.
>>
7 days to go
>>
>>166538788
You act like KyoAni didn't change anime with Haruhi, and then with Lucky Star, and then with K-on, and then again with Chuunibyou, and then one more time with Free.
>>
>watching this moeblob trash instead of devilman
>>
>>166538694
VE won't even change KyoAni's defict situation.
>>
>>166549014
Oh look, she's looking at the camera with a happy expression, this totally means they have the same design.
>>
>>166549768
Tamako Market was winter of 2013 and Chu22 was winter of 2014 so you're literally objectively wrong.
>>
>>166553675
There is no studio in better situation than KyoAni. They are litterally living a dream.

Have own animation school, dorms, now a new building in Uji as well. Stable and decent wage. Ability not to cut corners and outsource. Making own anime and dictating everyone who approaches them rather than begging as others.

Dedicating whole year to making movies and movie quality TV anime magnum opus
>>
https://strawpoll.com/9k5cp2rs

I'm personally not very interested in this show. Looks like your average seinen melodrama. The generic silent protagonist doesn't help either.
>>
>>166538694
How many oscar nominations does it have already?
>>
>>166553865
One. There is one Oscar in weg and he is a drug addict scriptwriter(oh irony, i bet its intentional)
>>
File: file.png (409 KB, 604x335)
409 KB
409 KB PNG
>>166553915
pic related. Oscar.
>>
Feels like the IRC crew is back with these threads.
>>
>>166554014
Boy I sure can't wait for them STALKER threads.
Hope they happen daily, just like a few years ago.
>>
>>166553821
>There is no studio in better situation than KyoAni. They are litterally living a dream.
Didn't they almost go bakrupt because of Nichijou?

>Dedicating whole year to making movies and movie quality TV anime magnum opus
Oh yeah, gay guys swimming S3 and a fucking movie about a dumb chuuni girl and her snail-paced relationship. Can't wait to get enriched by said masterpieces.
>>
>>166554066
When are the BDs going up for preorder? Can't wait for the shitposting.
>>
File: KYOANI.jpg (730 KB, 1124x1696)
730 KB
730 KB JPG
>>
File: file.png (1.23 MB, 1241x1238)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>>166554129
>Didn't they almost go bakrupt because of Nichijou?
Nice meme. They could not have suffered any losses from Nichijou, since it was show paid by Kadokawa.

KyoAni atm is the most financially successful (if not counting Sunrise, but its achivement of Bandai Namco) studio, and also one of the biggest (around 160 permanent employees. Which is HUGE by industry standards, since veryone else outsources everything and hires freelancers).

>Oh yeah, gay guys swimming S3 and a fucking movie about a dumb chuuni girl and her snail-paced relationship. Can't wait to get enriched by said masterpieces.
Pearls before swines. No one expects you to appreciate them. Free brings money, Chu2 is very successful and promotes new novel, new Hibike movie Liz and Blue bird will be work of art and the unnamed, but announced future movie is something to look forward to. While every other studios tries to pass scribbles as keyframes and outsorces to north koreans while spending 90% of time drawing flapping mouths - KyoAni polishes their skills and produce exclusively highest quality tier work they enjoy.
>>
File: file.png (1.24 MB, 1591x894)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
>>
>>166554228
Saving anime one masterpiece at a time
>>
>>166554377
Horrible instagram effects to be honest. Yamada is a cancer that needs to be removed.
>>
>>166543441
>ng? KyoAni is playing chess while the rest of the industry is playing checkers
This will barely sell past 5k
>>
>>166554874
Is everything under 10k a flop to salesfags?
>>
>>166553821
lul, most of their anime have sold poorly recentl, hence they went back to fuckign Free years later, since it was their biggest hit and maybe they'll rank some fujobucks between disc sales and merchandise.
>>
>>166554946
Have you seen Vilet's production value? Good luck re-cupping with 3k and this doesn't look like the kind of anime that sell a lot in merch.
>>
>>166544689
What is it about the Fatefag that makes them wish to ruin everything. I go to /a/, Fatefags are shitposting. I go to /vg/, Fatefags are shitposting. I go to /co/, Fatefags are shitposting. I go to /tg/, Fatefags are shitposting. I go to /mlp/, Fatefags are shitposting. I go to my home board of /v/, and Fatefags are shitposting. Why do you so despise good discussion?
>>
>>166545872
>haruhi
>>
>>166553641
>Not watching both
>>
>>166553530
And then Hibike.
>>
>>166553530
>>166555703
2ni, Free and Hibike changed nothing.
>>
>>166546210
Why do you have to type that way. I literally can tell whenever you post anyhere becuse you write like this. Its so overdramatic.
>>
>/a/ no longer believes in KyoAni

What the FUCK happened?
>>
>>166554292
>They could not have suffered any losses from Nichijou
That makes no sense think that through to the end. By that logic no hired anime studio ever could make a prodcution that gave them a loss or a not as high profit margin.
>>
>>166554292
I know that/a/ loves KyoAni but Toei, Pierrot, Sunrise,IG port and the studio that does CCP are all bigger than KyoAni.
KyoAni is richer than the Tokyo revolving door studios but it doesn't compare with the big leaders.
Toei on its own made more than the rest of the industry back in 2015.
>>
>>166556105
Cancerous fans.
>>
>>166556113
That's the idea behind being a studio not on committees. You get a steady pay in both cases of a success or a flop. Too many flops in a row though and committees won't look your way like they did to Manglobe.
>>
>>166556128
Toei also has arguably has the best working conditions for animators in the whole indsutry especially considering how big they are.
>>
>>166556105
They started out very strong with shows like Haruhi, Clannad, Fumoffu and Lucky Star, then later reached their peak at Keion. Nowadays they're just a shell of their former selves.
>>
>>166556182
Like I said that makes no sense and the reason is that schedules go wrong and time is sparse. Its hard to plan things years in advance so sometimes prodcutions go to shit especially for late night shows. In those situations Anime studios have to pay out of their own pockets or release a shitty project which would be suicide.
>>
>>166546432
Kyoani improved upon K-on in every way.
>>
>>166555777
Except Hibike did
>>
>>166556824
What, exactly?
>>
>>166540501
I will let every fucking board knows when it's up on nyaa
>>
File: 1382639613051.gif (48 KB, 600x600)
48 KB
48 KB GIF
>>166538694
Will we ever be able to have a thread that isn't just a shitpost bait?
>>
>>166544160
This.
>>
>>166556857
Why would non-anime boards care?
>>
>>166557010
>4chan
>non-anime board
pick one
>>
>>166556105
They haven't made anything good in years.
>>
>>166557081
I wish.
>>
File: 1514740982866.png (150 KB, 800x1280)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>166557081
???
The primary purpose of 4chan, as seen by board traffic, is discussion of Western politics and entertainment, with some side avenues like anime or mecha.
>>
>>166542981
thank you jesus
>>
>>166556870
Too late for that.
>>
>>166542981
>implying brutalizing the stoic hot girl isn't the best fucking thing
>>
>>166557195
There are 4chan pre-Trump, and after-Trump.
>>
>>166557195
Are you new?
>>
>>166556105
I feel cheated when they made Free
>>
>>166557357
No, I'm just stating the facts as they stand. Love or hate em, this is truth.
>>
>>166557380
I'm glad you do.
>>
>>166556326
Are you saying that KyoAni is likely to have scheduling issues? To be more specific, are you saying it's likely KyoAni had scheduling issues when making fucking Nichijou?
>>
>>166538694
finally we get fate shit night level animation without the shit.
>>
>>166556326
Shaft makes a living out of releasing shitty unfinished projects and they're fine.
>>
>>166557813
>tumblr
>>
>>166554228
Holy fuck that Chidori
>>
Not many people on /a/ seem to care about this show.
>>
>>166560144
They don't. Literally a vocal minority gives a fuck about this shit and the regular kyoani fanbase. Unless there's a haruhi S3 most people won't care about their other shit.
>>
>>166538788
It's not a Netlix original. The MC isn't black.
>>
File: sad gilbert.png (405 KB, 1280x720)
405 KB
405 KB PNG
>>166556870
Probably not. The actual threads when the show starts airing are going to be a complete shitshow. I guess at the very least /u/fags will stay away from this show.
>>
>>166556105
We've been raided by redditors, tumblrinas, twitter/facebookfags, etc. True anime connoisseurs are scarce nowadays, that's why you only see shitposting left and right, especially when it's about KyoAni.
>>
>>166560307
But it's a lesbian which ultimately accounts to the same
>>
>>166561154
Clearly not, netflix made L a black guy, not a lesbian after all
>>
File: OTP.jpg (194 KB, 610x1080)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>166561154
>But it's a lesbian
If you're referring to Violet, then you are fucking retarded. This guy >>166560755 is in love with Violet, and he's the one thing that's on her mind throughout all the chapters. Her entire character arc revolves around him and trying to figure what she's feeling. The novels even end with Gilbert confessing his love for her and saying he'll wait for her answer since she's still not sure what love is. Do us all a favor and fuck off back to /u/ and stay there so you don't sperg out when there isn't any yuribaiting in this show.
>>
>>166538694
VEG is the type of anime that will got popular/mainstream on anime fanbase,but /a/ shitposter will hate it no matter how good or bad the anime is,similiar like Re:Zero,that's my prediction.
>>
>>166539606
>SERIOUS
>scenes of graphic violence and cruelty and war
>darker elements
>graphic and "unsafe"
>>166543160
>killing pows in murder survival game, airdropping from plane mid battlefield wielding giant axe
These two posts seem at odds with each other
>>
>>166561472
First, i despise /u/fags as much as you do.
Second, how naive of you to think that Violet being in love with a man, or a man being in love with her would stop /u/loonies shipping her with another female. See hibike, Reina herself said she was in love, not just a crush but actual love, with Taki and you know the rest.
>>
>>166557195
I thought the primary purpose of 4chan to be a place where 12 year old boys came to scream at each other and occasionally make each other laugh.

Oh, and manchildren like me, who are way to old to be here, but are anyway.
>>
File: 984414512.jpg (1.47 MB, 2995x2057)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
Houkago Tea Time.
>>
>>166561771
Pfft not it won't. RE-Zero has the edge to appeal and the time loop shit that causal fags love.

If anything Devilman would be a bigger her with casuals
>>
>>166562056
>hibike
Not that anon, but in Hibike's case Kyoani yuribaited hard as fuck on purpose. Look at all the official art. In this case, there's no "Reina" equivalent for Violet. It's just her going from client to client trying to learn about herself along the way while piecing together bits of her past, which eventually leads to her reunion with Gilbert. Like you said, /u/ being the delusional retards that they are will just pair her up with any female, but it has zero backing unlike all the baiting Kyoani did with Hibike.
>>
>>166538694
It'll set a new threshold for unintentional comedy.
>>
>>166547238
>She is not a bad person, she is not evil. In comparision, Kino, is a sociopath and bad person. Violet is not. However she is absolutely unhesitating when it comes to murder - she feels no regrets, not questions wether its just or not (even though herself able to distinct them), knows the worth of human life, yet disregards it completely - following orders be it heroic or criminal and not attached to specific point of view.

I think you need to learn the definition or sociopath before you post anything else. She's an unfeeling killing machine. You can humanize her and claim she has feelings and free will; in which case she's no longer a killing machine like a gun, but a sociopathic killing machine.

So make up your mind. is she a fucking clock or a feeling Android who lacks the capacity for empathy a functioning sociopath, and mass murderer. Is she sentient or a tool? does she have human emotions? does she have free will? If the answer to those two things then she's 100% responsible for every life she takes, and her lack of hesitation or regret only means she's incapable of empathy; a sociopath in every meaning of the word.
>>
>>166544760
I think Asenshi is going to sub it?
I don't know if they're good though
>>
>>166556105
When will they stop adapting boring young-adult novels
>>
>>166556105
When they broke from Kadokawa, they could've put their capital and good reputation to good use, and shopped around for good writers and material.

Instead they held closed loop booby prize LN contests that didn't even have a winner, then kept the merchandise rights for themselves so that no matter how poorly the brightly polished turd performed, they'd still make money. It's basically the same reason Uwe Boll isn't starving on the streets despite his years of failure, ditto George Lucas.
>>
>>166561771
You're right about it going mainstream, this will be the blogger/reviewer/anime site darling of the season and it's already the most popular winter anime on MAL, but re:ddit zero deserved the hate it got, in fact, it got too little hate because every underage faggot on this board was fapping and drooling over his first waifu - Rem. VEG will only be hated due to it being KyoAni title.
>>
>>166546072
It's a LN, where did you get the idea it would be well written?
>>
Only reason I'm watching is to see her smile
>>
>>166563338
There is an endless circlejerk about how its well written and shit
>>
>>166562652
Asenshi is better than Netflix at the very least.
>>
>>166556824
Hibike was straight trash anon
>>
>>166555158
Because fate is the capeshit of anime
>>
>>166538694
>Will Violet Evergarden change anime?
No, Violet Evergarden will save anime.
>>
>>166556105
>No haruhi s3
>they keep adapting stupid fucking garbage LNs like KnK and Phantom World and homoshit like Free because they own the rights. Pretends to be benevolent when really they just wanted a grab bag of material from a bunch of nobodies that they can hope to strike gold with by polishing it and hoping their brand image does the rest
>up their ass in their own hubris

It's a proud but empty shell of its peak dominance, which was anywhere between 09 to 11 depending who you ask. They lost some significant staff over the years and a strategy that literally counts on us being dumb enough to not notice what they did with breaking off of Kadokawa and buying a bunch of shit LN property to shill to us. They've long not been my #1 studio.
>>
We don't have threads like this for any other shows every day, months before it starts. Violet is definitely special
>>
Have a feeling this show will be criminally underwhelming. I can see Kyoani fans forcing threads during the first 3 weeks then them dying out once they realize the show is beyond saving, something like Phantom World
>>
>>166565267
Their golden age was 2006-10.
>>
>>166564507
I think most of those posts are falseflaggers.
>>
>>166565267
>breaking off of Kadokawa
Their best show is K-ON which has nothing to do with Kadokawa
>>
>>166546008
Are you from future?
>>
>>166547210
>needing to spend time and a lot of effort to cherry pick images of different angles(mostly side face) and lighting just to come up with a graph to defend poor animators practices
The current state of kyoani fans.
>>
>>166566138

This >>166540303 is just as cherrypicked though. Use your brain a little
>>
>>166566138
>using "forced animation" meme to attack kinoani because their anime are too well animated.

The current state of kyoani haters/PAshills denial.
>>
>>166543636
>Netflix is not involved in its production

How sure are we about that? Cite me sakugafaggot circle members then I'll completely discredit you.
>>
>>166555004
>Have you seen Vilet's production value? Good luck re-cupping with 3k and this doesn't look like the kind of anime that sell a lot in merch.

Have you seen the actual figures?

Shut up and put the fucking real financial data on the table then we'll talk.
>>
>>166566361
He didn't say anything about "forced animation"/being animated "too well". Quite the opposite, in fact.
>>
>>166543954
Kaname's solid line work looks so much better than all the rest, especially the modern ones where the world appears to be covered in perpetual white mist.
>>
>>166545062
Hibike will.
>>
>>166544760
>2018
>still needing subs
>>
>>166548204
I just want doujins from this first short haired girl

is this asking too much lads
>>
>>166567128
I imagine she'll be in a couple bonus pages atleast
>>
>>166546008
>Asanagi Violet doujins
>Tags:bbm,ampute,mind break,nakadashi,guro
>>
>>166554129
have you been living under a rock?
>>
this thread is literal cancer spawned by eceleb youtubers and people parroting them because that's neo-a for you
>>
>>166556870
>this new to /a/
>>
>>166556870
there probably will be at least 3-5 anons who genuinely enjoy it, and that enough for me.
>>
>>166561771
agree
>>
>>166564386
That's cute anon.
>>
>>166568725
It’s true, stoic girls who rarely smile are cutest when they finally do. Like a ray of sunshine bursting through on a cloudy day
>>
>>166568811
That's really cute anon.
>>
>>166543636
>Given that they secured the rights before show production was complete, they can claim so
What about that space sci-fi anime with shitty CG that aired first in Japan but then Netflix claimed as their original months later?
>>
>>166567674
Your reply, newfriend
>>
>>166554228
Damn, I haven't seen any of these except for the 2012 one with the eye patch girl. I didn't found it funny and was boring. The rest of the animes make me want to punch their face. Looks like a bunch of crybabies. I'm no edgelord nor am I baiting but I just can't stand their faces so I'm avoiding watching them. So far the 2003 one and Violet seem pretty decent characters. I don't know but they're at least pretty characters.
>>
>>166556870
Even if the show is good, threads will be a guaranteed shit show.
>>
File: kyoani himes.png (578 KB, 675x700)
578 KB
578 KB PNG
>>166540303
>>166543954
>>
>>166569585
LEINA is the best
>>
>>166554228
You should swap the Shouko pic for one of her as a teenager since she was only a kid for a small part of that movie, and use official art for it like you did with most of the others. And trade out the free pick for haru, or at least get a better picture of what's-her-face. Gou?
>>
Another day, another thread of people crying about an anime they'll never watch made by a studio whose output is 100% obscure to /a/ because all the memes made them scared of it.
>>
File: 1yDvwbVylkM.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
I want doujinshi with Violets mechanical hands
>>
>>166554228
>who
>kokiburi
>slut
>oyakodon
>aspie
>kokiburi
>retard
>normieretard
>kininarimasu
>i fucking love uchida maaya
>lesbian
>sharketeeth's cumtowel
>never watched because the show is poop
>highest total fapcount kyoani heroine of all times aka 50cent
>she will never fuck you since you're not a girl so who cares
>god's choice of doujin fapbait
>i admit i cried
>lowest point since Free
>once you've hit the bottom you can only go up
>>
>>166546600
>nyaa
Kys.
>>
>>166562652
Asenshi is a cancer not much better than. Better pray for good subs.
>>
>>166562056
Her ship in VEG is Lux Sybil, but Lux barely appears
>>
File: violet evergarden lux.jpg (345 KB, 1024x723)
345 KB
345 KB JPG
>>166562407
>>
>>166538694
I'd violate her evergarden, if you know what i mean
>>
>>166562549
You are wrong. Sociopath is not about actions, but about though process.
>>
>>166565267
Hyouka was 2012 nigger.

> They've long not been my #1 studio.
They are still number 1 studio. Its just you became senile and retarded.
>>
>>166566545
Titles of the show pre-screened in Japan listing only two companies involved in production commity: KyoAni and Lantis
>>
>>166567128
IRIS is foreign spy that after loss of her country at war moved to winner country to "find a job". Little she knows Violet is a war criminal that massacred her country armies and assassinated politicians.
>>
>>166568968
There are exactly few Netflix "originals" so far: Ajin, Devilman, Castlevania and B:THe Begining in spring.

Everything else, including Kuromukuro and LWA is just Netflix buying streaming rights during shows production and labeling them as "Originals". It also invested at around 30 shows this year, to secure the rights - but the only once actually funded and ordered in production by Netflix known this year so far are Devilman and B.
>>
>>166538788
When will people accept that Kyoani is 100% irrelevant on the anime industry?
>but muh haruhi
I'm not sure if making anime normalfag-friendly would count as a contribution to the industry but whatever.
>>
File: file.png (689 KB, 480x640)
689 KB
689 KB PNG
Animate now has own corner for VEG selling LNs and later probably BDs
>>
>>166570439
>When will people accept that Kyoani is 100% irrelevant on the anime industry?
When will /a/ actually watch Kyoani shows instead of just memeing about them and opposing them as a matter of dogma (that's based on nothing)? Probably never. Can't go against the memes once they're set in stone.
>>
What was the latest show that changed anime anyway?
>>
File: file.png (2.97 MB, 1951x1200)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB PNG
It begins
>>
>>166570545
/a/ watches and loves KyoAni, the shitposters are buthurt vocal envyous minority. Even those who "hate" KyoAni solely hate it because they did not animate their favorite show.
>>
>>166570582
Ever since Trigger debuted with KlK less and less people care about Kyoani on /a/. I'd say the Trigger fanbase is already marginally bigger, and with the 3 new anime original shows they're making in 2018 their fanbase will eclipse Kyoani's. I used to be a Kyoanifag but their works are extremely formulaic, specially those taken from their own LN label. Kyoani is creatively bankrupt and won't leave their comfort zone any time soon.
>>
>>166570692
Sure thing. Here is your (you).
>>
>>166570692
KyoAni won Kyoani vs Gainax war. Let alone the puny irrelevant Trigger that wishes to be like KyoAni itself someday in the future, when they stop sucking dicks and outsource their production to 50 studios at once.
>>
>>166570207
Hyouka was boring, though. Just mystery solving and no romance.
>>
>>166569885
Please god, let the one doing it be ShindoL.
>>
>>166544061
free is kyoani's second best show and there's nothing you can do about it
>>
>>166569565
ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>166570102
there's a pidgey on her head what the fuck?
>>
>>166571314
Dont report him, at least that is one creative shitpost with effort put by poster to create the picture. As opposed to the rest of them in the thread.
>>
>>166570861
It's all the same shitpost, again and again. You autists don't get tired of this bullshit?
>>
>>166570716
He's right though
>>
>>166571642
>he is right because I said so
Good point friend.
>>
>>166570550
Nice.
>>
File: 1514301424341.jpg (327 KB, 1426x1080)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
>>166542981
>Implying I still wouldn't fap to it
>>
>>166544668
Oh god why can't he be real
No homo though
>>
>>166571885
Oreki is not even in the chart though
>>
File: sGj6X9yt19w.jpg (161 KB, 1280x720)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
My Terminator has never been so Cute
>>
>>166545062
>>166546495
More like gays on ice will not be forgotten
>>
>>166538694
>>166538788
>>166541549
>>166543441
>>166544760
>>166560307
>implying anything Netflix X is good
>cannot basic capeshit, releases movies based on /pol/ meme campagains
>>
File: sachiko.jpg (108 KB, 1280x720)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>166556870
>Kyoani thread without shitposting
Now that I think about it I literally can't recall last time I saw one
>>
>>166568411
>That feel when after all these years you still genuinely enjoy anime/manga/LNs and no shitposting or spoilers ever ruin it for you
>>
>>166538694
Probably not. People will very likely like it though, if the animation is anything to go by.
>>
There is huge conflict within KyoAni. Ishidate`s little daugther was bullied by everyone on Christmas party, being completely devastated in console video games, despite even her father helping her.

There will be blood.
>>
>>166572966
I think I'm too dumb to understand this post
>>
>>166570347
AICO seems also won't be air on any TV channel.
>>
Dont forget to watch VEG prequel movie about the other Auto Memories Doll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe_od5r9Nhg
>>
>>166573459
what post
>>
It is gonna be awesoma, but anime is very difficult to change. But this seasson has many promising shows: Violet, Fate Extra (shaftfag), FranXx, Loi Wa Ameagari, Takagi-san, Junji Ito, Yuru Camp, oshigoto (sells a lot in Japan, it will have something), Devilman, B: The Beggining...
>>
>>166570460
Based Kyoani
>>
>>166570545
They're irrelevant to the industry at large because they isolated themselves from it, thinking booby prize LN contests where even they couldn't find a winner were the best source of ideas. The only reason they aren't bankrupt was because they followed George Lucas's lead and held on to the merch rights for all of their polished fecal matter.
>>
>>166576040
>bwah bwah uwaah bwah!
TLDR: being helplessly envious of KyuAni
>>
File: FFNGYFPeXkM.jpg (516 KB, 1280x887)
516 KB
516 KB JPG
Wonder if VEG production is finished already or KyoAni still polishes it.
>>
>>166543875
But I thought it wasn’t being simulcasted after all.
>>
>>166577162
I'm guessing it's fully finished and sent off to Netflix already to be subbed and dubbed
>>
>>166545347
It won’t. More anime means less of a chance of that happening. Besides, Japan has its own Netflix division and no one really cares about the show in the first place.

>>166576296
Nice reading comprehension.
>>
>>166576296
Why are you quoting that one DEEP scene where Oscar walks in on Violent naked?
>>
>>166577571
Because it perfectly corresponds reactions of shitposters discovering the show explosive success and quality once it airs.
>>
>>166577621
>Quality

You mean kyoanus's normal post-processing filter abuse that makes it look like they left the artwork out in the rain? Or that genuinely funny source novel? The best scenario kusoanus can hope for now is that they have a new Valvrave or Mayoiga on their hands.
>>
>>166577732
Thank you for entertainment. Its always amusing reading people spew nonsens about a subject they have no clue about and no will to educate themselves.

As for post-processing and filter abuse, you might check already aired first episode of Yorimoi. As for quality that everyone praises about KyoAni - it is EVERY single aspect of their productions: be it animation, art, post processing, directing, sound, quality control etc.

VEG is litterally movie quality show, it can not even be remotely compared with cheap trash airing otherwise this season or in general. Other studios cant catch up with normal KyoAni shows quality, and its just laugthable when comparing it with this one - which is their magnum opus they put most effort at.
>>
File: 0nHA8rC3G44.jpg (120 KB, 700x1032)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>
File: cold metal.png (89 KB, 621x499)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
what does Violet's hands feel like?
>>
File: hSSpLOvT_dg.jpg (53 KB, 640x469)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>166578470
Her hands are amputated up to shoulders. So, an ice cold metal.
>>
File: segnxzrEUVY.jpg (34 KB, 1280x720)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>166578585
>>
>>166577895
Spotted the nonanglophone shillbot. How is this urine-stained treacle starring the normal Horiguchi doughboy faces supposed to look like a game changer? And the prose from that booby prize winning novel reads like a 13yo's fanfic of All Quiet on the Western Front? Madoka Magica didn't take itself this seriously.

Like with KF last year, I'd bet on the middling-looking show coming from nowhere to be AOTS. No one will remember Evergarbage by summer, except for comedic value.
>>
File: file.png (284 KB, 548x312)
284 KB
284 KB PNG
She sees your letter
>>
>>166554228
Tamako is so cute.
>>
>>166578628
Meanwhile VEG PVs on official channel alone in total reached over 8 mln views.

Continue. Its entertaiing.
>>
>>166538694
People kept saying that Killer Kill would save anime. Look where we are now.
>>
>>166578846
That never was the case. Fractale saved anime. Kill la Kill murdered it back.
>>
>>166578657
>picture
It's like I'm back in 2005.
>>
>>166547210
Shouko Ikeda sucks.
>>
File: 1477679348784.png (334 KB, 542x681)
334 KB
334 KB PNG
>>166579097
Ikeda gave us Kumiko son, watch your tongue
>>
>>166578783
I'm sure at least a quarter of those weren't kusoanus spambots. Now let's see you stop the deflections and try to defend the washed out imagery on display here, let alone the hilarious source material.

Oh, who am I kidding, you'd probably defend fucking Kyoukai no Kanata, with which Evergarbage shares a director. That shit was pretty funny too, especially the asspull ending.
>>
>>166578783
Remember all the hype for Fractale (which is looking more similar to this with each thread )? Or for Kyoukai the Monogatari killer?
>>
Netflix will ruin it with their terrible subs. I would rather watch raw than Netflix or Asenshi.
>>
>>166578585
Got that in a decent resolution?
>>
>>166579202
I don't think this looks anything like Fractale, but it should be amusing to hear your reasoning for it if you even have one
>>
>>166581379
- Fantasy war/postwar setting
- Quasi-Ghibli character designs
- Overhyped
- Product of pretentious has-beens coasting on their fading reputation
- "Will save/change anime"
>>
How will this be even half as good as Madoka Magica, the objective anime of the decad
>>
>>166581584
Only one that's even close is both being overhyped. This is an embarrassing attempt and you need to feel bad about yourself
>>
>>166581584
>- Fantasy war/postwar setting
>- Quasi-Ghibli character designs
Did you watch Fractale at all or you just fell for the "no sales" meme? I admit that creating a unit of sales called the frt is still pretty fucking funny, but still.
>>
>>166581725
Evergarbage will be the next unit. "Nichijou sold 1.5 evergardens."
>>
>>166570908
Never got the hype around ShindoL, his edgy doujins are entertaining, but the faces are disgusting
>>
>>166581965
Assuming even if VEG sold 0 BDs (which, is obviously not whats gonna happen) it still will earn KyoAni more money than any other show for the studios in that season. They own novel rights and publish third novel at spring. They sold streaming rights to Netflix as well China where its hugely anticipated. They already sell merchandize and event tickets. Lantis pushes the ost and OP/ED massively. They already earned by selling tickets to cinema prescreenings and later will show it in Cinemas as whole again. Its marketed worldwide, through netflix, visiting conventions etc. It has localized song versions for China, Korea, France, English speaking countries. It already sells books about its production and keyframes for collection.

Its litterally gold. KyoAni might at this point not actually release it at all and still gain profit.
>>
>>166582181
Maybe they shouldn't then, seeing how hilariously bad the source material is. Unless they really are planning on making it the next Valvrave.
>>
>>166538694
Another overrated anime hyped by normies like mahoutsukai.
>>
>>166582330
This show really intimidates you doesn't it, you are practically trembling with fear. If you actually thought it's going to be a blunder you'd welcome its arrival so you can laugh at it, instead you're on your knees begging Kyoani not to release it and prove you wrong.
>>
>>166582409
fuck off to reddit kyoanushitter
>>
>>166582432
Or what?
>>
>>166582409
I am looking forward to seeing the shills slink back to tumblr after three eps once they realize there's no defending this landfill fire. And you're right, it does amuse me how easily kusoanus sycophants are triggered. The show does look like a laugh riot, though.
>>
Considering how bad the LNs are, I doubt this will have much going for it other than sakuga. If it was a yuri series it might have panned out better.
>>
>>166582330
You litterally are so clueless and off the mark its hillarious seeing your posting. Please continue.
>>
>>166582749
This is not Franxx thread.
>>
>>166538694
It will flop so hard that Kyoani will finally be forced to do Haruhi s3 to stay alive.
>>
File: 1434929253364.jpg (46 KB, 435x500)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>166538966
>anon believed it all
Why don't you get in my van mister? I have a leaked VEG episode to show you.
>>
>>166581677
By not being a half finished sloppy looking edgelord trainwrek. Where do you think the meduca meguca memes came from?
>>
>>166583116
Is it as hilarious as the novel's prose? That shit is comedy gold. Especially the scene of Oscar walking in on her and her taking a shit.
>>
>>166583989
>Especially the scene of Oscar walking in on her and her taking a shit
You do know that that's actually not in the novel right? Don't get me wrong, it's still the usual badly written LN trash despite how much Kyoani is hyping it up but the whole shitting thing was fake.
>>
>>166578657
My fucking dick hurts, i mean eyes.
>>
>>166583800
If you insist. Though I was told to not get into cars with strangers. Will I be alright?
>>
>>166556105
newfags
>>
>>166538694
No. Anime is doomed.
>>
>>166556105
Fret not, kyoani always finds a way.
>>
>>166586608
A better quote nowadays would be, "You stood on the shoulders of giants to accomplish something as fast as you could. "
>>
File: hammond_1.png (172 KB, 361x316)
172 KB
172 KB PNG
>>166586691
I prefer this one:
>"Kyoani has prepared a delightful menu for this, chili and seabass"
>>
>>166586854
>>166586691
>>166586608
Someone should just stream jurassic park every time kyoani is mentioned.
>>
>>166586854
Then you find the seabass is actually ground chicken with a pretty glaze.
>>
>>166538694
Unlikely.
Nothing changes anything,
and everything is bad forever.
>>
>>166538694
AOTD (anime of the decade)
>>
>>166586090
Run anon run, they can't be trusted.
>>
>>166589937
That doesn't look like Madoka.
>>
>>166590149
Madoka aged like fucking eggs. The North Korea-tier animation (they couldn't even fix it for the DVDs; they had to redo half of it from sratch for the movies only sets off the wooden characters, cringy dialog, and retarded ANCIENT ALIENS MAAAAN plot.
>>
In my opinion yes, it will change anime to higher standards. I have watched more than 1000 anime.
>>
>>166570550
She looks too mature, like a Christmas-cake, how old is she supposed to be?
>>
>>166591033
I think she's 17 but she's seen some shit
>>
>>166570550
boobs ruin everything
>>
>>166591093
Is she into scat?
>>
Nobut it will be good
>>
>>166591119
>scat
One of those fetishes I'll never understand
>>
>>166553530
>A bunch of slice of life garbage
yes, anime did change for the worse
>>
>>166591205
must suck being such a colossal pleb.
>>
>>166591205
SoL is the thinking man's genre
>>
>>166542912

Daddy Issues- The Anime
>>
>>166590618
Ume Aoki's background characters have 10x more humanity than the kyoanus doughfaces on display here.
>>
WTF WHY DO THEY ALL ROOOK THE SAMEEEEEEE
>>
>>166583989
>judging prose from a fake pasta and badly translated excerpts
>>
>>166570135
>You are wrong. Sociopath is not about actions, but about though process.
a sociopath is fundamentally unable to empathize.
>>
>>166562407
my wife 2b is so cute
>>
noble, faithful
>>
>>166591880
>Daddy Issues- The Anime
Picked up.
>>
>>166578657
based vlc
>>
>>166538694
No, but it will get some old directors to come out of their caves and complain about all style no substance.
>>
>>166597626
They won't be wrong.
>>
>>166547238
Good post, picked up.
>>
>>166543441
KyoAni might be playing chess, but Trigger is playing Shogi.
And not only shogi.
The kind of shogi seen on Tonari No Seki-Kun.
>>
>>166597842
And no one understands shogi but they understand chess. Stupid Trigger.
>>
>>166538694
i'm ready for all the Violet handjobs hentai.
>>
File: 1514661535112.jpg (26 KB, 500x500)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>166598000
I read that as violent handjobs
>>
>>166569913
>Kys
kill yourself
>>
>>166545347
hot damn imagine if VEG got the same treatment,SJW full throttle!
>>
>>166569913
This is the average Kyoanus shitter.
>>
>>166569913
>XDCC fag

Laugh at him for still using IRC in 2018.
>>
File: 1484103416386.jpg (247 KB, 790x590)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
>>166570550
>巨乳
NOOOOOOO
>>
>>166542843
Netflix claims everything they have some investment in as NETFLIX ORIGINAL
>>
>>166547210
Kadowaki needs to be added
>>
>animating the mechanical hands
this just sounds fucking exhausting
>>
File: 1482201163686.jpg (91 KB, 671x521)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>166601247
Why do you think they picked this story?
>>
>>166601300

>Sophie did nothing wrong.

Would love to hate fuck her tenderly tho.
>>
>>166565994
Pony Canyon made good money that year.
>>
File: 1514623395621s.jpg (2 KB, 125x56)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
>>
>>166601247
Euphonium was to prepare for this.
>>
Kyoani >>>>>>>>>> shaft
>>
>>166603691
This is a pointless statement because its like saying Sun > Moon
>>
>>166603691
Out of nowhere. Is this how you defend Kyoani's credibility?
>>
>Violet Evergarden bot on twitter posting novel excerpts in Indonesian
KyoAni sure wants to promoted it EVERYWHERE

Also, waiting for arabic version of the song. Will see if it will beat Chinese.
>>
>>166603287
Reminds me of Treasure Planet.
>>
>>166603733
Without the moon, we might not have an atmosphere.
>>
>>166603787
Good times indeed.
>>
>>166570347
>Spring
Devilman is airing tomorrow. I guess you missed the news?
>>
File: file.png (1.13 MB, 1787x616)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
VEG is Madoka of anime!

People are already trying to decyphre its codes.
https://twitter.com/V_E_ANALYSIS
>>
>>166603749
Shaft is literally like the bizarro world Kyoani. We improve upon bad manga and LNs and raise their sales , they do the exact opposite (eg Negima, Nisekoi, 3gatsu) and even torpedo the manga sales in the process.
>>
File: file.png (1.58 MB, 1917x1075)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB PNG
>>
File: file.png (1.24 MB, 1917x1037)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
>>
File: 1512965232336.jpg (52 KB, 570x630)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>166603902
>Speculation in a Kyoani LN adaptation

I sincerely doubt it. One Kyoani doesn't have anyone to the level of Urobutcher or similar speculah writers, second this is a light novel, we already know the plot.
>>
>>166603902
>Madoka of anime
But Madoka is anime
>>
>>166603902
>VEG is Madoka of anime!
That's not Devilman.

"Kosaka san answered the question. He explained that both he and Urobuchi san are fans of Devilman. He asked us if we knew about it. I raised my hand before the translator even repeated it in French. In any case, he explained to us that when they were younger, Devilman is the story that made them both realize that best endings are the bittersweet ones. There should always be a catch to a happy ending. They don’t like 100% happy endings and it’s not what they want to do either. It’s bittersweet endings that are the most memorable."
>>
>>166603818
Treasure Planet was also a longtime pet project that cost a ton and literally killed 2D Disney.
>>
File: file.png (439 KB, 2048x1548)
439 KB
439 KB PNG
Language transcript
>>
>>166603902
Too bad this won't have an eighth of Madoka's heart and soul.
>>
>>166543061
So Final Fantasy 6 the animation?
>>
Well since all we have are the PV's, based on that

No absolutely not

The shots are composed in the most common and basic fashion possible. Again its just the PV's but this is also Kyoani who arent that interested in interesting compositions anyway

The actual animation might be good, but overall, no, it will be just more of the same.

Pic related will not happen
>>
>>166603914
Kyoani abandon Haruhi while Shaft clings to Monogatari like its life depends on it.
Not like I had any problem with that
>>
>>166604027
Your pic related is a mediocre shot at best, but I agree, Kyoani isn't really known for their shot compositions.
>>
>>166604027
Indeed. Pic related will not happen. Such poor animation is below KyoAni standard
>>
>>166604027
>Pic related will not happen
>posts a 1s eva gif
>not even a webm
What do you mean by this?
>>
>>166604084
>gif
When did it become acceptable to post literal tumblr OC on /a/? Webm has been a thing for years - what's your excuse?
>>
>>166604084
Did you cum buckets with this so called 'sakuga'
>>
>>166603956
>There should always be a catch to a happy ending
How bitter do you have to be.
>>
File: violet evergardens.gif (1.94 MB, 540x304)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB GIF
>>166604169
Why else do you think its labeled as porn?
>>
>>166604030
Why do kyoshills hate Haruhi now? They'd still be one of Sunrise's errand boys if not for that. That's not just standing on the shoulders of giants, it's shitting on their heads.
>>
>>166604132
>>
File: 1441114509605.jpg (393 KB, 1908x1068)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
>>166604074
It isnt medicore at all, its an interesting angle of a very basic scene. Its someone just walking down a hall, and this is how they make it interesting. Its the exact opposite of medicore, and its pretty sad that you dont pick up on something like that

>>166604084
I just said the animation will be good, but the compositions will not

Im just going to assume you dont know what the difference is and just think "animation" means everything in making an anime

>>166604110
Tough stuff huh?
>>
>>166604194
Its very difficult to earn a happy ending. Happy endings almost always feel cheap and forced
>>
>>166604238
It's not interesting at all, was just made so we can look at her ass.
>>
File: violet everkino.webm (2.22 MB, 1280x720)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB WEBM
>>166604132

>>166604238
>I just said the animation will be good, but the compositions will not
And you are just a dumb idiot. Let alone KyoAni composition is great in general, VEG is directed by its two current best talents Ishidate and Fujita who`s talent in exactly what you insist with shitpost about is outstanding and peerless
>>
>>166604228
>3.35MB for a sub 1-second gif @ 540x304
You're crossposting trash. You could fit the same into a 1080p wemb.
>>
>>166604275
And bad endings feel forced and edgy, plus the fact they shit on the entire journey.
>>
File: 1437905021201.jpg (244 KB, 1920x1080)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>166604288
It was made so you look at her arm, thats what is catching the eye because of its weight. Her rhythm in walking overall is probably what youll focus on after your eye is caught by her arm

>>166604289
Everything you just posted is a very basic composition. Nothing interesting or captivating is happening. Animation wise it is good, but how it is composed is just basic. The lights in the top center are probably the best out of all of them, but just barely
>>
>>166604289
How so? All I'm seeing is a lot of flat staging and MTV style cuts. No alternate angles or creative editing. But hey, I'm not the kino expert.
>>
>>166604349
You obviously did not watch any KyoAni shows and have no idea about the people involved and what they are capable of. Stop embarassing yourself.
>>
>>166604314
Yes if you fail in either you fail, go figure

However it is easier to earn a bad ending rather than a happy one. It is far easier to understand how something can fail, rather than something succeed completely

Bittersweet is a middle ground, making it also easier than a happy ending
>>
File: 1476849398111.png (23 KB, 212x172)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>166604222
>kyoshills hate Haruhi now
Why?
>>
>>166604349
Not really, her ass is the center of the composition, even the perspective lines point at it, try harder next time by posting an actual shot with good composition, ok?
>>
>>166604314
They said bittersweet, not bad. Madoka's ending was bittersweet.
>>
>>166604376
>Well since all we have are the PV's, based on that

>No absolutely not

Thats what I said. You then offered the shots I referred to, so I restated what I think about them

Now youre talking about past Kyoani shows as if that is what I was talking about in the beginning.

You dont know how the show will turn out, all we have is the PVs. If you want to show some shots you thought either made that are pretty exceptional go ahead, but there is no guarantee that theyll show up again in the new show

ESPEICALLY when they dont show up in PVs. Its their shot to grab our attention, so they go for the most basic rather than their best?

Doubt it
>>
>>166604376
Explain how those shots have superior composition and maybe we'll think you aren't a falseflagger. All your points so far have been "They're good because I say they're good."
>>
>>166604417
No really. The weight of her walking is what made the shot good, not her ass being in the center of it.
>>
>>166604499
You are the shitposter so burden of the work is on you. Otherwise why would anyone bother to reply to you? Its to see you waste time autistically.
>>
>>166604499
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuQA5_O0RxE

Now go and prove how shit it is.
>>
>>166604535
That isnt the original anon you were replying to, I am.

Its the burden of proof, not the burden of work

And the burden of proof is on you, the original assertion was

>Let alone KyoAni composition is great in general, VEG is directed by its two current best talents

As the proof that the composition will be good

I then pointed out that that isnt good enough, and you offered some more shots that I then shot down

You havent offered proof unless we just take "they made good shows before trust me" as evidence

Again, if you want to post some exceptional stuff go ahead.
>>
>>166604535
No, retard, the burden of proof is on YOU. You're the one making blanket statements without any explanation. How are those scenes superior in direction to that one Eva scene? Why should we be obliged to just take your word as fact?
>>
>>166604595
Not him but
>that I then shot down
What makes you qualified to grade layouts and compositions?
>>
>>166604575
OK.

It's flatly staged with functional editing, without any effort to do anything interesting.
>>
File: NBiIzd1[1].jpg (387 KB, 2560x2880)
387 KB
387 KB JPG
>>166604595
No, you are just shitposter just like him with no clue what you talk about.
>>
>modern kyoani
>netflix

This is some ultimate form of cancer
>>
>>166604575
Sure

There are 24 scenes (roughly, I did a quick count), and out of those 24, roughly 20 shots are just the main character dead center in the shot with nothing else going on besides her moving with the camera keeping her dead center. There are some variations based on if her whole body or just part of her body is in the shot, but when its just part of the body its also pretty boring. Her legs changing scenery is...something, but thats about it. Everything else is her walking left or towards us, or her face in bed or looking straight at us.

The 4 shots that arent this are her hair, the very first shot, boring, her in bed, the train shot, and her walking left slightly left to center

Her in bed and the train shots are easily the most interesting. The train shot has a lot of momentum because the shot starts close to us then moves quickly away to curve left, then slows down to come right, with some flair shooting off the train going left. Thats nice.

Her in bed seems to just be a setting up the scene. There is a plant in the foreground. Great.

That it. Thats all there is.
>>
>>166604394
Not enough blur effects or blubbering moeblobs for their tastes.
>>
>>166604628
No one needs to be qualified. Arguments speak for themselves.
>>
File: fcO4jgc[1].jpg (568 KB, 2560x2880)
568 KB
568 KB JPG
>>
>>166604697
Yup. Just keep saying im wrong and it will fool everyone

see
>>166604740

Basic and boring
>>
>>166556824
Nobody even remembers Hibikek anymore, anon.
>>
>>166604740
I'm not the one you're replying to but I'm going to correct you on some things. They're not scenes, they're shots. When fast cutting like in that video you need to keep the visual focus between shots relatively consistent, since the viewer will need to refocus their eyes very often with that many consecutive shots. See https://vimeo.com/129314425 as an example. Besides, that is CM for the light novel, not a PV for the anime, the animation quality of it is much higher than what we'll see in the show itself. This last part is directed to the kyoanifag who keeps posting gifs and pictures of it >>166604575
>>
It's like the "fans" actually want this show to fail. Threads like these surely aren't winning any converts.
>>
File: O2f7Shs[1].jpg (527 KB, 2560x2879)
527 KB
527 KB JPG
>>
File: VIVA TORTURE.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>
>>166604740
You litterally have no idea what you ramble about. Just stop digging. Scene composition is a tool, not a show off to be gimmic. It has to serve the purpose of visual storytelling and well "scene".

Once again, you are clueless about how KyoAni frames their shots in general, revealing you are just shitposter complaining for no purpose about the ONE studio that actually is proffessional at that.
>>
File: SAKASAMA NI NATTE.jpg (165 KB, 1280x720)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>
File: 1404448633979.gif (880 KB, 500x280)
880 KB
880 KB GIF
>>166604881
I really hate how they use their colors here

Theyd rather things be pretty than interesting and captivating.

Its like Kyoani decided that all of Nichijou or that all of Hyouka minus the "Im curious!" scenes just wont cut it. Everything now has to have the "Im curious!" look
>>
File: 1513390043392.gif (886 KB, 500x281)
886 KB
886 KB GIF
>>
>>166604971
How exactly? What did he get wrong? How do you think those shots were correctly composed? The term for your whole argument is called circular reasoning; we're just expected to agree that Kyoani is godly at composition because you say so. Why?
>>
>>166604971
What I said doesnt have anything to do with gimmicks*. Doing the most basic composition less than 20 out of 24 times is not a gimmick.

Composition does have to serve a purpose, youre right. What is the purpose of a trailer?To bore?

Then Kyoani used their tool correctly

But just go ahead and keep saying over and over that I dont know what im talking about, as if everyone just forgot that you never made any counterarguments besides "no youre an idiot" and "you just dont know how Kyoani does x or y"

Yore not fooling anyone
>>
File: 1513419046995.gif (136 KB, 311x360)
136 KB
136 KB GIF
>>
>>166605118
>>166605110

>>166604862
>>
you all fucking niggers and i am touching myself every night.
>>
>>166605150
You didnt even read

>>166604862

Did you? The only thing he corrected for me was that its shost, not scenes.

Im also fairly certain that
>>166605110
is the same as
>>166604862

Lets hope not
>>
File: Capture.jpg (32 KB, 679x361)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>166605181
Yes, you are wrong. You were complaining about the focus being on the center on most shots, I gave you a reason why this was the case, but you chose to ignore my reply to keep discussing with the other guy who by the way is also wrong.
>>
File: QUALITY THREAD.gif (432 KB, 416x584)
432 KB
432 KB GIF
>>
>>166605118
You are an idiot. You made no argument beside the >>166605043
>because you say so

You also litterally has no idea about composition since you disregarded the perfect examples of it as "boring", indicating you have absolutely no knowledge regarding the topic. Let alone, once again shown ignorance of the studio and people involved in question - since its relevant as you woudnt act as complete retard if you were not ignorant of how KyoAni handles scene composition, camera work and dynamic shots.

Once again, you are just making yourself laugthable shitposting about the ONE studio that actually pays attention to each single shot they make and proper storyboarding and composition.
>>
>>166605259
I just post this >>166605043 for fun. Nothing intended. Sorry but I'm not him
>>
File: 1402694430677.gif (3 MB, 352x240)
3 MB
3 MB GIF
>>166605244
Oh thats just because they decide to make their trailer that way. No one forced them to do that and it was a poor choice, but they wanted many shots to be turned over quickly. The result is boring composition for a trailer

Changing up the depth would have been enough to make it more interesting
>>
>>166605259
Explain why one of the compositions you posted are good without saying "Kyoani does it better than anyone else" or some variation of that

You wont
>>
>>166605342
Show issue with any shot here >>166604697 and explain what are the issues with composition and please dont use arguments like "boring"
>>
>>166605303
>it was a poor choice
Opinion
>The result is boring composition for a trailer
Also an opinion

You know for someone who keeps asking for arguments you sure as hell don't back up your shit either.

>Changing up the depth
They do this in various shots, most notably the train, hospital bed and the very next shot that has a frame within frame effect.
>>
File: trigger quality.png (1.13 MB, 1002x1159)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
>>166604697
Meanwhile
>>
>>166605458
Why must you bring other studio into this
>>
File: HOPE.jpg (540 KB, 1234x694)
540 KB
540 KB JPG
>>
>>166605407
Every stated assertion is an opinion. Pointing that out isnt saying that

In a conversation about aesthetics the atoms of the argument are going to be what you are probably referring to as merely opinions. Theyre just preferences

But thats just a side point. The point I have been making is that it is repetitive. Ive made that point several times so me calling it boring or a poor choice is just not wanting to say the literal same thing over and over

You can simply look at my past posts and see how I talk about the repetition of 20/24 shots being a body with roughly nothing else going on besides minimal movement of the character or camera

The desired effect was for the shots to roll over quickly to add, I dont know what. I dont know what they thought they would get besides maybe a spectacle, so I cant say much else besides its a poor decision because I cant see what they were going for. Not even the shadows or colors slightly track your eye here or there, its just center center center with little to no information given, not even for a mystery. Besides the jewel, but who cares.

>hey do this in various shots, most notably the train, hospital bed and the very next shot that has a frame within frame effect.

I was referring to the 20 shots. The 4 shots yes are different, but I already pointed that out. What I was trying to say was that something interesting could have been done by isolating the character in some way even while she is still in center. Then you can have some things come into the shot while its still rolling over quickly, or something.
>>
File: WISH.jpg (600 KB, 1280x720)
600 KB
600 KB JPG
>>
>>166605398
Top right: foreground jewel/rocks take away from from the center light beam thing and muddy up the shot. I would assume the center beam is more important than some glowing rocks, and they dont add anything
>>
>>166605757
Ill also add that im sure you could say that the rocks are framing the shot but that still is weak

The beam thing doesnt seem to need framing and I dont know how the camera would find itself in a crevice like that to frame the beam like that
>>
>>166605695
You're complaining about a 30 second video, it doesn't have time to become repetitive, and it isn't. Shots go by so fast your brain barely processes the information of each shot, if they had gone your way and make every shot have a different composition it would look messy, the layouts for most shots are dead center because that's how you do it when you're fast cutting to that extend, notice the shots you like last longer, because they allow themselves to have more time to be soaked in, that is made on purpose. Complain like this once the show comes out, and if this basic composition persist then I'd agree with you. That CM was made just to quickly show different scenes of the light novel.
>>
File: Maria.jpg (314 KB, 1280x688)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
>>
>>166561472
Though knowing Kyoani they will find a way to somehow shoehorn yuribait
>>
File: PAN.jpg (382 KB, 1366x734)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
>>
>>
>>166605900
>t doesn't have time to become repetitive, and it isn't

Im just going to point out here that I could simply say this is just your opinion because

>Shots go by so fast your brain barely processes the information of each shot

is something I have no idea what you are talking about. You can watch this a second time and realize you missed nothing, the first viewing was more than enough because of how simple it is. So for me, you are just simply saying, no it isnt repetitive, and thats all. This isnt a science. I really have no idea how you couldnt process the information in those shots. Did you for example not notice the zeppelin in the one shot slightly to the left? To me it seems like you must, but thats just me. Thats just my experience, which will shape my preference

>if they had gone your way and make every shot have a different composition it would look messy

Again, I could just say, just an opinion?

I also didnt say every shot needed to be that. I dont know why you would think I wouldnt catch that

>Complain like this once the show comes out

Uh, read the OP
>>
File: BNS.jpg (3.28 MB, 3840x2160)
3.28 MB
3.28 MB JPG
Was Baja kino?
>>
>>166582966
If it was yuri Kyoani wouldn't even have animated it

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.