[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Battle_Stations.jpg (21 KB, 263x378)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
So I've finally just started this today and powered through the first 55 chapters or so... I feel like killing off Mimura was a mistake and definitely done far too early at least. Feels like it's going to shit now

Is it worth sticking with it or should I just drop it now?
>>
>>166539002
Getting attached to any character in Battle Royale is a mistake to begin with.
>>
I dunno why anyone would read something when they can just reread Gantz again.
>>
>>166539002
Why would you read the shitty manga?
>>
>>166539137
yeah. Just watch the shitty movie instead.
>>
>>166539101
Aye, you've got a point. I dunno he just seemed to keep the overall story quite fresh. Plus he differentiated it from the movie a lot for me, which was prior to reading today all I had to go off originally.
>>
>>166539137
Because it has sex and ultra violence, nobody gives a shit about the actual political message of the novel. The Live-Action ruins many characters.
>>
>>166539178
Exactly why this post was made: Read >>>166539114

>ultra violence
Teen thread?
>>
>>166539002
Nope, it's a pretty frustrating ride from start to finish.
>>
>>166539214
Are there any good bits left to hold out for? Or has the point I reached past it's peak already?

I'm just feeling a bit uncertain whether or not its worth reading another 50+ chapters from here on out.
>>
>>166539002
It was one of my favorite manga when I was 18. Read the book, it's way better.
The the manga there are too many flashbacks that detract attention from the main story. Also Noriko is an annoying special snowflake and Shuya's moralfagness is insufferable.
>>
>>166539358
Keep reading for Kiriyama and his backstory. It won't take too much time if you have 50 chapters left, most of pages have little to no dialogues.
>>
>>166540058
Kiriyama is a bit of an edgelord though
>>
>>166540173
I've gotta say in he's one of the most well-written characters of the story. His edginess is justified.
>>
>>166540442
Do they get to it early on or do I have to read all the way to the end... Most of the remaining characters seem pretty lacklustre. And I feel like anyone I meet from here on out is pretty much a red shirt.
>>
The manga is alright, but please be aware that the translation is absolutely butchered.

Basically, Keith Griffen changed the script a lot when translating it, which leads to massive plot holes later on. In the Japanese original they're taking part in a military experiment where teenagers are forced to kill each other, but no one really knows what's going on since it's conducted in secrecy. In the retarded translation it's now a game-show for extra edge. This makes a lot of scenes nonsensical (like parents turning on the news in the hopes of hearing anything about their child - if it's a gameshow why aren't you just watching the show?) and in the end makes the ending non-sensical as the ending relies on the fact that there are no cameras and they're only being tracked via audio and their necklace location.
>>
>>166541834
It's in vol 14, chapter 110.

Yeah, it's made pretty obvious since the beginning which characters are gonna make it till the end. My problem was that the story was too focused on almost the whole students of the class, wasting entire chapters on them and their past.
Ah, there is also the lighthouse arc that is pretty cool though, I don't know if you read that already.
>>
>>166539002
Mimura was the GOAT, the man with the plan and the will to do it, of course he had to die.

Also, what >>166539101 said.

>>166542160
>there is also the lighthouse arc that is pretty cool though
That part was fucked up in a 'I hate myself for laughing at it' kind of way.
>>
>>166539002
Battle royale is the best survival ever made in history. dropping it because of that stupid reason is a fucking mistake. you know almost everyone is gonna die including your favorites the second you read the first page so stop being a pussy and finish it.

>>166539114
Battle royale >>>>>>>> your favorite manga

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.