[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1044.png (1008 KB, 732x544)
1008 KB
1008 KB PNG
What is the greatest contribution to humanity that anime/manga has ever made and why is it One Piece?

No other show has come close, or will ever come close to this masterstroke of literature. When you are old and grey, at least you can take comfort in the fact that you were around to witness the greatest artistic achievement of the 21st century. Truly a profound feel. It really is outstanding to see an author commit to a singular project for so long without losing the passion or heart that made it what it is. Naruto and Bleach failed, HxH will never have enough chapters, and Muira doesn't give a flying fuck about Berserk anymore.
>>
>>166558352
Agreed, based OP is right this time
>>
>>166558352
One day it'll become has respected in the west as it has been in Japan.
>>
>>166558352
>tfw too patrician for /a/s hivemind
>>
>>166558352
But what if I told you that it was overrated or babies first manga? How would you even recover?
>>
>>166560277
He would disregard your measly opinion and keep on with his life. but that's him.
I would probably cum in your eyes as you clearly don't know how to use them.
>>
>>166560277
Are there any other series that are still good after 890 chapters?
>>
>>166560277
Can you honestly please suggest an alternative? I'd like to know what you think
>>
It slumped a bit after the time skip but apparently is picking back up again. I need to catch back up with it.

>>166560455
Jojo
>>
>>166558352
I mean he draws nice spreads, but I've NEVER been able to get into One Piece art. It's way tooo cartoonish, and his panels are way too fucking busy. It's hard to follow wtf is going on. I try to get into One Piece once a year to get try to get on the hype train but I just don't get. The art literally keeps me away from reading it.
>>
>>166560698
But isn't Jojo different stories? I haven't gotten round to it myself so I could be wrong.
>>166561017
That's a shame. I love the art, and more specifically the varied designs.
>>
>>166561166
>But isn't Jojo different stories?
Yeah, but it's still a single series with over (I think) 1000 chapters. Making several sub-series that mostly follow the same set up doesn't work unless you're good at it.
>>
>>166561289
I'm not trying to take away anything from JoJo. I've heard nothing but praise and I plan on getting round to it eventually. I'm just saying it's different than one continuous story.
>>
>>166560277
I would beat your head into a fine paste with a baseball bat. Your shit taste would not be missed.
>>
>>166560698
its still hard for me to say whether its really picked up or not. for me its like everything i liked about the series got thrown out the window after the timeskip. i'm not sure if its ever gonna go back to being as truly good as it was before ts

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.