[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

I’ve seen well-recieved live-action adaptations from Japan of anime/manga, but has there ever been an anime that been done good by a live action version from the west?

If there was an anime you had to adapt by this format, what would it be and what would change?
>>
>>166574564
Manga, but Vinland Saga with white people

Travis Fimmel as Askeladd
>>
Mine would be Danganronpa.

Some sort of Edgar Wright/Quentin Tarantino fusion could probably make a popular series about it. It would have to take some severe liberties with the characters, since the characters of Danganronpa depend a lot on japanese themes and elements, but the general flow of the celebutante that makes an insane dorm system for a bunch of teenagers can still work.
>>
>>166574587
Until Askeladd's death or what?
>>
All You Need Is Kill while being manga got really good adaptation with Edge Of Tomorrow

I would like to see something like One Punch Man but set in USA and diffrent storyline, however still with one overpowered main hero
>>
>>166574564
>has there ever been an anime that been done good by a live action version from the west?
Speed Racer
>>
> If there was an anime you had to adapt by this format, what would it be and what would change?

I would adapt The Breaker, probably part 1 in a 2 hour long movie, than 2 movies for part 2.
I dont tink i would change a lot desu.
>>
>>166574564
Not a single one.
>>
>>166576489
NO. Edge of Tomorrow adapted the LN. Manga also adapted the LN.
>>
The only one that could possibly work is Black Lagoon and that's because it's basically already a Hollywood action movie. Just take the first arc and pad it with material from some of the later ones.
>>
>>166574564
All of these shitty movies based on unadaptable anime when Keanu Reeves has been trying to get Cowboy Bebop done for 20 years.

Other than that? Monster. It is basically The Fugitive. Higurashi. Final Destination: The Anime (Another). Plenty, really. Hollywood just makes awful choices in terms of what to adapt.
>>
>>166579490
Edge of tomorrow adapted the manga. same shit regardless
>>
>>166574564
This was absolutely awful. This movie had none of the compelling action of DBZ or any of the charm or story of DB. I can't say I've seen any of the recent anime adaptations, but I think Outlaw Star or Bebop could work. (But they probably wouldn't).
>>
>>166574564
western live-action adaptation of anime always fail to do justice to the source, simply because they don't intend to do justice to the source
>>
>>166579992
Cowboy Bebop is getting alive action film actually
>>
>>166580573
Thats true. Death Note was turned into a horrible lovestory and underdogcharacters. Americans love that shit, but any sane person recognizes its trash
>>
File: 1502102056378.png (45 KB, 355x443)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>166574587
Good taste anon.
But we both know that if Holywood would make that movie half of the actors will be pocs
>>
>>166574684
The idea would work for a movie but it would be butchered horribly if it was supposed to be danganronpa.

Danganronpa couldn't even be made into an anime right.
>>
>>166577278
This is probably the only correct answer, I can't think of anything else

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.