[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga



Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.



File: rrrrĂ­ndice.jpg (9 KB, 181x279)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
I guess waifuing didn't exist before Evangelion.
You didn't see males worshiping female characters like Sailor Moon, Bulma, Nausicaa.

The first time guys wanted anime characters as girlfriends was with Evangelion, which disgusted Hideaki Anno.


In my opinion it evolved a lot.

If you get any girl from Love Live like Maki or Nico. They are on another level of cuteness.
>>
rei best girl, always was always will be
>>
>>168461846
exhibit A: The provably wrong fucktard
>>
File: a1.jpg (360 KB, 580x870)
360 KB
360 KB JPG
Rei is still the best.

But
>>168461616
>The first time guys wanted anime characters as girlfriends was with Evangelion, which disgusted Hideaki Anno.

No way. Sailor moon, invader Lum ++ existed a looong time before. Anno is a waifufag himself. Rei is popular in a different way, she's an icon, waifu and best girl.
It's Rei you see whenever people think of Evangelion, but that doesn't mean Anno likes it - in fact he hates it and has tried to ruin Rei ever since without tipping it off to heavily, although everyone is onto him after 3.33.
>>
>>168461616
You seem to have used "waifu" to mean favourite female anime or manga character out of a certain series. Oops!

Don't worry, I've got your back. I suggest that you should learn what it means, by lurking more. Alternatively you could visit a a website more suited to your kind, for example r/anime.

Thanks for reading!
>>
>>168461616
I don't think she's a remarkable waifu material, could you or anyone explain what did you see in her?
>>
>>168461616
>The first time guys wanted anime characters as girlfriends was with Evangelion
This is so disrespectful to Lum.
>>
>>168461616
>Rei was the first waifu
Excuse me but are you retarded
>>
>>168462851
Fuck off Norway
>>
>>168461616
I liked rei
>>
>which disgusted Hideaki Anno.

Another thing Anno has never once commented on. Another retarded American opinion being put into Anno's mouth.
>>
>>168461616
>I guess waifuing didn't exist before Evangelion.
It wasn't as profitable before Evangelion but uh, did you forget about the nations first waifu, Lum?
>>
>>168462851
>>168462926
>>168463533
>>168463628
>>168464448
These are all correct. I hope you've learned your lesson today, OP.
Evangelion is influential, but it did in no way invent "waifus", or "moe". It was popular, and characters like Rei there helped establish new archetypes as popular alternatives to the already very popular "tsundere" and "genki or demure cute girl" types.
Japanese cartoons are based heavily on exaggerated expression, so a deadpan character that hardly showed expressions like Rei wasn't really part of the main course until after EVA.

>>168463384
Depends on what you mean by waifu material. Rei is in no way a "pure, undamaged perfect girl", quite the opposite. She's traumatized, is at best half-human, and her character arc inolves even more trauma. Thing is, Rei has a good character, a mysterious one that it's fun to think about and play with as a fan. She's very strong but also very vulnerable, she's a good girl that just needs a hug and appreciation. That's attractive to people who have waifus in general.
>>
>>168464890
Rei is none of the things you said about her, she's very boring. People like her because she's small, submissive, quiet, and has big breasts.
>>
>>168461616

there have been a lot of advances in the field of toilet design
>>
>>168465362
This
>>
>>168465362
>>168465509
>butthurt rei-haters
Rei doesn't even have big breasts.
>>
>>168465547
Hating would require an emotional attachment, which I have none of in regards to the drawing named Rei.
>>
>>168465547
They are like H-cups, you serious?
>>
File: embarrassed crayola asuka.jpg (1.1 MB, 1440x1080)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>168465578
What about the drawing named Crayolasuka?
>>
>>168465588
>tfw no personal fuckdoll to grope whenever you want
Gendo is living the life.
>>
File: ReiAyanamiCD.png (289 KB, 457x480)
289 KB
289 KB PNG
>>168465362
There's been thousands of big-breasted, submissive and quiet characters that none come even close to match Rei's popularity. Rei doesn't have big breasts either, she's supposed to be 14 or so. Before Rei as well. Truth is, Rei is simply a great character in a great show.
I get the feeling you're simply trying to troll, god knows there's a lot of insecure Asuka fans out there who don't like how Rei became a pop culture phenomenon - while Asuka didn't.
>>
>>168465718

>Rei get on you knees and suck my dick
>yes, commander.
>now bend over
>yes commander
>>
>>168465718
That was for work and not pleasure, though.
Though, that's not to say he didn't enjoy it.
>>
>>168465718
>>168465715
>>168465588
>>168465578
>>168465509
>>168465362
>butthurt Asukafag being jealous of Rei
Never gets old.
>>
>>168465792
Fuck that's hot
>>
File: smugsuka 2.jpg (419 KB, 993x689)
419 KB
419 KB JPG
Asuka fans
>ancient /a/utists
>certifiable geniuses (much like asuka herself,) responsible for the majority of NGE's lore being figured out
>damaged people yearning to pair with a symmetrically damaged person to form a complementary whole
>highly positive and focused, virtually all posts are praise of asuka or deep analyses of the evangelion


Rei fans
>discord teens
>unable to empathize with any of the characters who are damaged, so they pick the undamaged perfect one fit for normalfaggots
>bitter, highly neurotic. despise evangelion because rei canonically lost in both NGE and Rebuild
>only post about NGE to bash asuka or the show in general, constantly crying
>>
File: cockslut.gif (1018 KB, 500x375)
1018 KB
1018 KB GIF
>>168465718
>>168465792
>asukafag having to make up fan fiction in order to escape from the fact that Asuka is shit

Guess what, I don't have to fanwank that Asuka lusted for old man cock. It happened in the canon.
>>
>>168465839
I like Asuka with Kaworu
>>
>>168465834

>Rei, keep quiet while I fuck you
>ah, y-yes, commander
>>
File: 1518483275715.jpg (36 KB, 874x716)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>168461616
>misusing waifu
So, Evafags are ironic weebs?
>>
>>168465893
Stop, my dick can only get so erect.

Now I need to go read Mogudan's Rei doujins.
>>
>>168465888

yes, but Rei literally existed to lust for old man cock.
>>
File: Concerned Ikuni.jpg (26 KB, 450x458)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>168461616
>You didn't see males worshiping female characters like Sailor Moon, Bulma, Nausicaa.
>>
>>168461616
>You didn't see males worshiping female characters like Sailor Moon, Bulma, Nausicaa.
Those who forget history truly are doomed.
>>
File: rei smiling.jpg (778 KB, 1440x1080)
778 KB
778 KB JPG
Rei fans, did you know that part of Yui is inside of Rei?
That's the reason for this scene!
>>
>>168465839
>it's this autist again
https://boards.fireden.net/a/search/image/ZU-LTd_pphYAKJ6QGbf7TQ/
>>
File: shinji's tang penis.jpg (1.02 MB, 1920x1080)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>168465888
Asuka's first and only kiss: Shinji
Asuka's first and only sex: Shinji (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcXGgjyV4WA)

Rei's first and only kiss: no one
Rei's first and only sex: fisted by Gendo as he impregnated her with the embryo of Adam (>>168465793
>>168465588)

It looks to me like Asuka's credentials are better.
>>
>>168465940
Never does in the series or EoE. You're just projecting, asukafag. Is your entire life going on /a/ and hating on Rei because she's a better character and you're afraid of her?

>>168465978
wow
>>
>>168465933

>ywn hear Rei's soft whimpery moans as she tries to be as quiet as possible and not sound like a ravenous slut because Ikari ordered her not to make noise while fucking her in his office.
>>
>>168461616

>Released By Toei Animation in 1958, The Tale Of The White Serpent (or Hakujaden) was Japan's first feature-length, color anime. Based on a Chinese folktale, it's about a young boy who falls in love with a snake goddess in human form. Miyazaki was still a high school teenager when he saw the film, and its impact was profound; he went back to the cinema to see it several times, and later admitted that he "fell in love" with Bai-Nang, the snake goddess

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/culture/hayao-miyazaki/241940/hayao-miyazakis-path-to-studio-ghibli
>>
Rei is 4'9, there's physically no way she could handle sex with Gendo.
>>
>>168465893
>>168465940
>>168466079
>read my fanfics that I wrote because I can't accept that canon Asuka is shit!

Really? The absolute state of Asuka fans.
>>
>>168466074

>she's literally a loli version of gendo's wife
>literally only exists because an old man missed his cocksock

there you go, Reifag. Face reality. It's been over 20 years.
>>
>>168466120
She takes his cock like a champ
>>
File: reifag.jpg (43 KB, 1024x576)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
Pictured: a young reifag admiring his waifu
>>
File: LAK_48497808_p96.jpg (149 KB, 330x470)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>168466038
Uh, She only had sex with Kaworu sweetie
>>
>>168466157
It's been 20 years, and Asukafags are so butthurt they spam down a thread because they're discontent Asuka lost to Rei.
>>
I feel sorry for Reifags whenever the bants start. It's painfully obvious they don't want to fight and are bad at it. This is like when a culture of hot blooded savages invades their neighboring country of quiet peaceful folk.
>>
>>168466038
>it's the delusional Asukafag pushing his failed ship again
>>
The truth is, I have no emotional attachment to Rei at all-Hideaki Anno
Asuka for the win!
>>
>>168466136

>can't accept the fact that Rei is only a sex doll for Gendo
>even if she dies they just pull another out of the freezer

the shameful state of Reifags these days
>>
File: SEETHING.jpg (606 KB, 969x1080)
606 KB
606 KB JPG
>>168466201
You can't deny reality.
>>
>>168466213
This isn't even banter, it's just crazy butthurt hatred. It's like Rei cored them so hard that they've devoted their lives to attacking her. I can tell that there's repeat customers in this thread who hate Rei, there's the toiletposting Asukafag, there's the Asuka-shipping crazy, and there's the insane Kaworufag.
>>
File: shinji is a self insert.jpg (1.07 MB, 1920x1080)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
>>168466248
>Shinji is my current self.
>I prefer Asuka, because she's cute.

What did Hideaki Anno mean by that?
>>
File: LAK_706475.jpg (92 KB, 600x600)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>168466303
But Kaworu is Anno's husbando, so he'll pair him with Asuka.
>>
>>168466201

I was at home depot the other day and I thought I'd check out their selection of Reis. All in the toilet aisle, of course.
>>
File: LAK_1223749873862.jpg (41 KB, 396x500)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>168466276
I consider myself an Asukafag, I just despise Shinji so I want Asuka with Kaworu because he's better for self-insert purposes.
>>
>>168466322

mari is the only one who can fuck Asuka. preferably doggy style.
>>
File: that way.jpg (736 KB, 1920x1080)
736 KB
736 KB JPG
>>168466358
Kaworu is a terrible person. He killed billions of people. He can never understand a human on even the most basic level. He is unable to love as a human loves.

Just keep all of that in mind.
>>
>interesting evangelion thread devolves into waifu war
>404
>autism move to another thread with an eva character and pick up where it left off
BRAVO JANNIES
>>
>>168466358
>self-inserting as a nigh-flawless pretty boy
What's the point of self-inserting as a character that's your polar opposite?
>>
File: Touma disappointed.png (432 KB, 564x461)
432 KB
432 KB PNG
>>168466038
And in all of this, Asuka was just using Shinji as a way of coping with not getting Kaji.
>>
>>168461616
>You didn't see males worshiping female characters like Sailor Moon
You're right, for me it was Sailor Mercury.
>>
File: LAK_05937473504.png (28 KB, 400x500)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>168466398
He's a chad who doesn't give a fuck about retarded humans.
Hitler also killed a lot of people, doesn't mean he was bad.
Sounds perfect to me. He will save Asuka and together they'll rid the world of Jews like Rei and homosexuals like Shinji.
>>
>>168466417
Permabanning Asuka and Kaworu fans would permanently solve all problems with /a/ and Evangelion threads.
>>
>>168466417
>Fanfiction thread
>interesting
>>
File: LAK_48497808_p29.jpg (110 KB, 400x550)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>168466428
I'd rather self-insert as the smug chad immortal god than some transvestite looking fag such as Shinji
>>
File: gentle touch.jpg (595 KB, 1600x600)
595 KB
595 KB JPG
>>168466444
Asuka never had any genuine interest in Kaji, she wanted to use him to feel like an adult.

Water under the bridge by the end of EoE anyway. Kaji is back in instrumentality, Shinji is at Hakone stargazing. Guess where she went.
>>
>>168466479
You mean Rei and Kaworu
>>
File: LAK_48497808_p86.jpg (160 KB, 500x350)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>168466529
Shinji looks like an ugly passive tranny in all these images.

Just another reason why Asuka belongs with Kaworu. At least he'd fuck Asuka and look happy doing it.
>>
>>168466573
No, I meant what I said. It's every damned thread with you people. You don't even like Evangelion.
>>
File: jotaro.png (586 KB, 1280x720)
586 KB
586 KB PNG
>>168465362
>small
?
>submissive
To who besides her superiors? She fucks up Gendo, so I don't see how that works as an appeal. Shinji isn't dominant and she lets Asuka be a noisy bitch until she goes too far like that one time Shinji was stuck.
>quiet
Nothing wrong with that. Many people prefer silent, introspective, enigmatic, and gets shit done, as opposed to loud, obnoxious, and fucks shit up. Everything has its place.
>big breasts
Are you serious? I'm serious when I say this, the original Eva girls aren't drawn very erotically.
>>
>>168466590
I love Evangelion and don't really like the 'waifu warring', but if you let these people run unopposed they make the thread ugly to look at. I'm happy to assblast them until they stop posting.
>>
>>168466590
Yes I do. I just don't like Rei (Eva would be even better without her t b h)
>>
>>168466529
>never had any genuine interest in Kaji
>tries to commit suicide the moment Shinji breaks the news that Kaji is gone
Now, that's just stupid.
>>
>>168466635
Notice how you're the only one in these threads pro-Rei.
>>
File: asuka tsunbathing.jpg (886 KB, 1440x1080)
886 KB
886 KB JPG
>>168466635
>I'm serious when I say this, the original Eva girls aren't drawn very erotically.

That's just a lie.
>>
File: ms5.jpg (16 KB, 400x301)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
Anon, people have had waifu's since Sally the Witch
I'm pretty there are accounts of people sending actual love letters to her
>>
>>168466675
She didn't try to commit suicide, she just gave up. It was rust in the tub.
That was a camel on the straw's back, or however that adage goes. Obviously there were MANY things wrong at that point.
>>
>>168466693
> the line on the right spot with the shadow drawing the shape of her pusy
hnng
>>
>>168466636
The Asuka and Kaworufags? Be my guest. It won't help.

>>168466637
Yeah precisely. You hate a large part of Evangelion. You're sick and ned help.
>>
File: asuka redressing 2.webm (2.91 MB, 1440x1080)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
>>168466740
As its discoverer we should christen it the Asuka bone.
>>
File: 1516766338755.png (303 KB, 500x527)
303 KB
303 KB PNG
>>168466693
>no boobs, thigh or ass
>erotic
this is what erotic is
>>
File: 06476.png (69 KB, 231x235)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
>>168466784
>Rei
>a large part of Evangelion
HAHAHAHAHAHA
The bitch barely even shows up! Anno even forgot she existed because she was so insignificant.
>>
>>168466732
>She didn't try to commit suicide
She's was just chilling naked in a rusty tub with her arms down for no good reason sure.
The pose, the tub, the nakedness, all of this is unambiguously to reinforce the idea that she's totally not trying to kill herself.
>>
>>168466635
You're right, but these people- there's no arguing with them. They're dead-set on hating on Rei and spreading lies and bullshit to the point of threads getting deleted and their IP's banned, just do to it all over again.

Asuka and Kaworu fans are the worst cancer on this earth.
>>
File: asukatits.jpg (872 KB, 1920x1080)
872 KB
872 KB JPG
>>168466838
Asuka has plenty of breast depending on who's drawing her.
>>
File: image_mini.jpg (20 KB, 194x300)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>168466849
Yet he made Rei develop for six episode before introducing Asuka, and made Rei a major part of the plot and Shinji's positive development. You're relying on an exaggeration to push your point, Anno himself says he worked on Rei afterwards, and the results shows.

You're simply mad Rei is better than Asuka.
>>
>>168466732
>She didn't try to commit suicide
Yes she did. You see she has an IV and bandages around her wrist in the EoE scene
>>
>>168466683
I don't know what you're talking about, there are other pro-Rei posts here. I'm a Misato fan, I just hate retards which is what Eva threads are for apparently.
>>168466693
Characters look good but 'normal', not very erotic, far from all the erotic fan depictions.
>>
File: bathwater.png (2.87 MB, 504x3855)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB PNG
>>168466856
No, she isn't trying to kill herself. Asuka will never kill herself, it's a formative element of her character.
The reason she's in a tub is pic related.
>>
>>168466872
Fuck off, unironical waifufags like you are the worst, most people just like Asuka or Rei or whoever and don't spend half their days shitposting about it.
>>
>>168466926
>he made Rei develop
She smiles once.
Wow, such a great character.

>>168466942
>I'm a Misato fan
Holy shit. Fuck off Norway.
>>
>>168466872
>>168466635
Just keep reminding them that regardless of what they spew and say, Rei is still a lot better than Asuka (not to mention Kaworu!) in the original series and EoE. That's why they all have to write their own fanfiction to fill in the gaps of their broken characters.
Rei, Shinji, they were great as is. Characters with meaning and good development. Not that Asuka wasn't good, or didn't have meaning, but she just didn't encapsulate the progression and hope Rei did.
>>
>>168466938
The wrist is simply where you put an IV. A bandage goes over the IV insertion point. It was rust in the tub, you have a terrible eye for cinema and did not understand Asuka's character.
>>
>>168466986
>unironical waifufags
This is /a/, /v/ babby. Crawl back to your shithole.
>>
>>168466986
Oh please. If you were right, we wouldn't be seeing this shitstorm. It's basically (you) and some other waifufag shitting things up, andyou calling anyone else a waifufag is just ironic.
>>
>>168467005
She went comatose in the first place because she lost too much blood by trying to kill herself.
She's the very representation of negative escapism.
>>
>>168466889
>1 inch close up for split second
Doesn't count, considering she's b cup at best in 98% of her scenes.
>>
>>168466990
>Holy shit. Fuck off Norway.
Keep your autistic insider memes to yourself, please.
>>
File: 1508286671224.gif (975 KB, 301x203)
975 KB
975 KB GIF
>>168467079
Not really.
>>
File: WHERE'S THE LEG.jpg (195 KB, 1440x1080)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>168466957
>Asuka will never kill herself, it's a formative element of her character.
Not when she's at her lowest point, which she clearly is in the scene of episode 24. She lost her spot as a pilot, in her own words nobody will ever look at her again, she's just lost all will to live.
Only reason Anno didn't make it obvious is because he probably was expressively forbidden from doing so
>>
>>168466986
Rei fans can discuss their favorite character/waifu perfecltly fine. Kaworu and Asuka fans can't. Every Rei image they see is a bitter reminder of what their favorite character will never be outside shoddy fanfiction or fanservice spinoffs. Evangelion originally wasn't made to cater to these types of people. That's why you get these autismal explosions. There was another thread that was essentially a Kaworu and Asukafag ripping each other to shreds over petty shipping, and now their thread got deleted so they came here.
>>
>>
>>168467116
That is EoE, he can put anything he wants in there. Asuka did not try to kill herself and wouldn't under any circumstances do that. You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>168467182
>That is EoE
No it's episode 24, you're the one who doesn't know what he's talking about looks like.
>>
I remember /a/ seriously being more pro-Rei and Asukafags were a laughingstock. Guess the massive influx of crossboarders and newfags changed things.
>>
File: asuka.png (767 KB, 1440x1080)
767 KB
767 KB PNG
>>168467116
>>168466957
Asuka is a weak doll though. I'm sorry the memes and pandering had you fooled, secondary asuka fan.
>>
File: 1516568125344.png (291 KB, 419x579)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>>168466986
>unironical waifufags
Where the fuck do you think you are?
>>
>>168467227
Asukafags are still a laughing stock. They're just more autistic and they've been whipped up into a frenzy after nearly two-decades of non-stop pandering.
Rei hasn't been good or well treated since the original and 3.33 just made it worse.
>>
>>168467219
The hospitalization is in EoE, you don't know what you're talking about. Go rewatch.
>>
3.0 was just a disappointment,it's time for Anno to make another anime.
>>
>>168467299
>talk specifically about the fucking bathtub for 5 posts
>but muh hospitalization u no understand u rewatch
fuck off
>>
>Anno makes Asuka and Rei as extreme as possible in order to make people not want to waifu them
>backfires and they become extremely popular, opens even more extreme girls
>ends up causing the popularization of Kunderes and Tsunderes we are still suffering from today
>>
File: Asuka gets tanged by Kaji.png (1.43 MB, 1452x1050)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
The only one Asuka will ever love is Kaji
>>
>>168467362
Anno doesn't care about making another anime when he can direct more toku masterpieces like Shin Godzilla.
>>
File: 137827582572.jpg (37 KB, 500x367)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
http://www.strawpoll.me/15069331

Let's settle this ONCE AND FOR ALL. Reifags, Asukafags, Kaworufags - who's right? Who's left? Vote now.
>>
Kaworu had the best and most emotional scene in the entire series despite only having one episode to develop his character. No character, apart from Shinji himself, can even compete.
>>
File: Asuka is flat as a board.jpg (446 KB, 1920x1080)
446 KB
446 KB JPG
>>168467112
>cherry picks a scene
That's just the rare occasion depending upon the animator, pic related is the truth.
>>
>>168467227
I'd say, people are in general more pro-Rei. But the fanbase and community has changed a lot. It's mostly because Hideaki Anno is an Asuka fan himself, and after the original said a lot of negative stuff about Rei and apparently made sure the spinoffs never throw Rei a bone. Hence the most powerful and assertive Rei has ever been is still in NGE/EoE, while his own favorite just keeps getting plot-promotion after plot promotion, while Rei gets demoted consistently over the years.
Conclusion being, no one really bothers to watch EVA for Rei's character any more, since they know it's just a farce or will end up a farce eventually.
>>
>>168467227
Well most of them are normalfags and Asuka is more "real". Go figure.
>>
>>168467456
> this is supposed to be flat
nigger
>>
File: 1518099601926.png (355 KB, 540x1052)
355 KB
355 KB PNG
>>168467382
They were opposites for a reason orginally. But tsunderes were already a popular thing, it was the most popular cliche in fact.
>>
>>168467456
You realize those are fucking huge, right?
>>
>>168467396
Such a beautiful scene, the OTP of all OTP's.
>>
File: aae.jpg (88 KB, 800x850)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>168461846
>>
>>168467464
>muh character is a farce because the creator doesn't like her as much as other character
The absolute state of unironic waifufags for christ's sake...
>>
>>168467436
Kaworu's episode is consistently rated the best one in every poll. It's pretty amazing.
>>
>>168462851
>Anno likes it - in fact he hates it and has tried to ruin Rei ever since without tipping it off to heavily
>Anno tries to ruin the world without anyone catching on, eventually gets found out

So you're saying Anno is jewish?
>>
>>168467579
It's a farce because the creator keeps making inferior versions of the character just to spite the fans and make his own character look better.
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (107 KB, 1006x431)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>168467428
very good, asscar has the lead. just like in the show
>>
>>168467617
> Anno makes multi million dollars budgeted movies just to piss off the fans
of course
>>
File: 1503207808281.jpg (853 KB, 1920x3207)
853 KB
853 KB JPG
>>168467537
>b cup
>huge
watch more anime.
>>
>>168467382
>Anno makes Asuka and Rei as extreme as possible in order to make people not want to waifu them
This is a myth, the fans made them massive on their own. Read his interviews, he shows no signs of intending anything and can only poorly try to explain the phenomenon.

Anno and those at Gainax were also a mega otaku who wouldn't discourage 'moe' and 'waifu', things they love, even if Eva is intended to have the audience question itself.
>>
>>168467595
He employs the same underhanded tactics at least. The Asuka fan cries out in pain as he strikes you, they say.

You could say 2.0 -> 3.0 is a good representation of Asuka/Kaworu fan anger and hatred toward Shinji and Rei.

When the "audience" picks "Rei", they all go mad, the world is destroyed, and everyone hates Shinji (the audience), and Rei is destroyed. In many ways, 3.0 is Anno's temper tantrum directed towards the audience for liking Rei more.
>>
File: this kills the kaworufag.jpg (116 KB, 1440x1080)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>168467588
Because it has a great ending.
>>
>>168467456
I wanna live in the gap between Asuka's Asukas
>>
>>168467650
Just some of the fans. He only needs to please a few of them a lot, like Asuka or Kaworu fans were - they'll defend 3.33 to the death and more. Just look at how autistic they are ITT.
>>
>>168467697
It sure does.
>>
Can any Rei fans tell me what kind of interactions you fantasize about with Rei? Do you imagine her as more lively than her ordinary self? How do you enjoy that character?
>>
>>168467697
Yes extreme tragedy often makes for the best and most satisfying endings.
>>
File: 1518469089132.jpg (144 KB, 500x1030)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>168467595
That'd make sense.
>>
>>168467770
>this is what Kaworu winning the shinjibowl does to Shinji
>>
>>168467770
>>168466398
Ouch!
>>
>>168467775
What about just liking the character? Rei is great and admirable. I think Kaworu and Asuka fans are just jealous of that and need to make their waifus look better and Rei worse.

Also for waifuism anything goes. If this insane Kaworufag can jerk off to Asuka getting with Kaworu or the Asukafag can spin insane self-insert theories about them fucking, then anything goes really.
>>
>>168467854
I admire a lot of characters including Gendo, that doesn't mean I care about them.
>>
File: Anno on escapist otaku.jpg (236 KB, 859x905)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
>>168467687
Read Anno's comments on escapist otaku, he has been on record stating that he felt the responsibility to correct this mistake of his.
>>
>>168467854
Are you able to make a single post without mentioning Asuka and Kaworu? You're obsessed with them.
>>
>>168467879
But a lot of people care about Rei. She can be admired, idolized, and revered due to her status as both a desirable, interesting and breakout character.
>>
>>168467908
Not him but Anno clearly says he's given up on that subject.

Evangelion (the original) did it right. It put e.g Asuka and Rei on two ends, where Asuka represents escapism and Rei represents accepting reality, and didn't throw in the towel at all in making that work. Rebuild however is pure escapism for the very same otaku the original criticized.
>>
>>168467924
But let's say you're imagining yourself having fun with Rei. What do you do together? How does Rei behave?
>>
File: tfw spearfucked.jpg (17 KB, 450x258)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>168467809
>this is what Kaworu winning the shinjibowl does to Shinji
>>
>>168467775
Since you seem to be the least butthurt asukafag here, I'll humor you:

I would enjoy spend after school time doing homework together, and actually get work done unlike Asuka's dumb stunts during the thermal expansion episode. I would enjoy training and working at NERV together, and actually getting work done unlike Asuka's dumb stunts during the Israfael and Matarael epidodes (remember that Asuka botches the first Israfael encounter and then spends the whole of the training sequence being incompetent while Shinji and Rei succeed on the first try, and Asuka almost lets Matarael get to NERV unimpeded by wasting all day getting the team lost in the dark before Rei takes over and fixes asuka's shit).

>Do you imagine her as more lively than her ordinary self?
Do you remember her by the time of Ep. 17-23? She is more lively than her character at the introduction. A positive influence (who is more upstanding and confident than Shinji was) would only benefit her social graces.

> How do you enjoy that character?
How do you enjoy insubordinate cockups like Asuka? If I were Misato I would've thrown Asuka in the brig.
>>
>>168467996
It doesn't work like that. Just try doing it yourself. Does Rei have fun off the bat? No, she's a sad broken girl. It's always a story of recuperation. Sure you can skip that part and play family all you'd like, involve a romance, that's just regular waifuism for you.
Rei is an interesting character because she's got a lot to offer the other person. Just like Rei often guides and explains things to Asuka and Shinji, you'd imagine the same things for you.

Point is, Rei is delicate waifu material as is, but she's also a fascinating character simply worth thinking about - without involving yourself personally.
>>
>>168467650
You fail to grasp how much an an infantile egotist Anno is. He takes every positive portrayal of Rei as a personal insult.
>>
>>168467908
He gave up after realizing it was futile. He should have realized 1) he had nothing to take responsibility for anything and 2) otaku are almost inherently escapist, including Anno himself; he could only get to other otaku via escapism. For these reasons, it's easy to call him out as a hypocrite. He also hates normalfags who criticize otaku because he thinks they don't know what they're talking about.
>>
>>168468062
It seems like you obsess over Asuka in your fantasies about Rei, which is bad. I have never even had Rei appear in a dream of mine.
>>
>>168467775
>you will never clean and cook for Rei
>you will never conquer her icy cold heart
>you will never ascend into godhood with her
Feels bad man. But seriously, the options are limitless. She's a literal goddess, the very key to understanding human existence. Right there!
>>
File: IMG_6246.png (1.45 MB, 1280x962)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB PNG
>waifus didn't exist before Eva

You poor sweet summer child.
>>
>>168461616
>ctrl-f
>Azumanga
>nil

what a shame

And no, claiming anime crushes has existed far before Eva.
>>
File: threadly.jpg (99 KB, 480x533)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>
>>168467913
>>
File: 1518146380956.jpg (256 KB, 719x695)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
really makes you think
>>
>>168468146
Yeah, Anno is the biggest hypocrite. This is a guy who used to interview cute fujoshi in JUNE. Meet said fujoshi in conventions. Then he says those things about otaku.
>>
>>168468181
He's just using Asuka as an example of how NOT to do things. Evangelion did the exact same. Asuka fucks up, Rei saves the day, on repeat. I think what separates Asuka fans and Rei fans is that Asuka fans lack their own personality, and let themselves be molded by what Anno thinks.
>>
>>168468262
Anno is such a natural marketer. American journalist micing me? Better make a comment about Japan being inferior.

I'm surprised he didn't start talking about his small Japanese penis
>>
>>168468303
Are you aware on any level that Asuka won in the end, or do you actually somehow believe that Rei did?
>>
>>168468181
Because you're a filthy civilian who's never had to be in a squad with a fuckup like Asuka.

gif related for your uneducated ass. Asshole in the middle (private pyle) fucked up and got caught, the rest of his team (every poor bastard around him) are the ones getting punished. That's how it works, and the fuckup (be it pyle or Asuka) quickly becomes public enemy number 1.
>>
>>168468262
>>168468310
Its strange too, Anno himself dislikes the west as a whole.
>>
>>168468310
Why would he care about marketing to those in the US when we can't even buy a fucking bluray of the only part of the franchise that is good?
>>
>>168467775
When I was a wee little lad I wanted to hug her, cheer her up and protect her.
Now that I'm a 30 years old man I kind of have more fatherly instincts towards her, or get an adult version and have a family with her, most of the magic is gone really, she's still best girl anyway.
>>
>>168468262
>Strong women
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc90wu7veBg
>>
File: 1512425079703.png (45 KB, 938x561)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>168468376
Sounds like you have ephebe guilt.
>>
File: giphy.gif (500 KB, 500x300)
500 KB
500 KB GIF
>>168468350
>>
>>168468146
It's not really futile, Evangelion was the product of such an attempt, and it stands it's own ground even today and will continue to stand.
However, Anno became corrupted by his own otakudom and caved. That Rei was so much better received than Asuka really ruined him. He can't stand anyone saying anything positive about Rei at all, he instantly deflects and goes into defensive "I don't give a shit" mode.

The only way to get things back on track is to change the fanbase, and make sure the "plebs" also understand this.
>>
>>168468347
I'm aware that what you just said is a delusion you've adopted to protect yourself from the fact that Rei really does what I said, and so does Asuka. You cling onto an open-ended ending and inject your "victory" there - but i doesn't matter. Evangelion was never about winning, but if it was - Rei definitely won out.
>>
>>168468522
I see, you are genuinely delusional. I guess everyone has to protect themself from harmful things.
>>
>>168468376
>>168468440
Not him, but pretty much.
>>
>>168468350
>>168468445
This guy gets it. Asuka is really just overhyped garbage. It's actually terrifying how effective Anno's brainwashing campaign has been. He deleted Soryu and replaced her with Shikinami, made sure that Rei never got the respect she deserved after EoE, and remade all of Evangelion.

Everyone knows it, but since Asuka and Kaworu fans have everything to lose on accepting that, they go crazy.
>>
>>168468522
The one who truly won was Kaworu who was the only one who got exactly what he wanted, freedom.
>>
>>168468347
>"winning"
>treating Eva like some haremshit anime
Asukafags are sad.
>>
This has been enlightening, I'm going to take a nap and imagine snuggling with Asuka. When I wake up I want this thread to be a peaceful utopia of thoughtful discourse, okay?
>>
>>168468558
>asukafag insults boil down to "I know you are but what am I"
At least asukafags from old /a/ were decent trolls
>>
File: FUCKIN NORMIES.jpg (95 KB, 600x801)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>168468302
Because fujoshi are cute and otaku are disgusting
>>
>>168468558
That's what I said about you. Trying to turn it back on me only enforces the idea that you're delusional. See >>168468626
If it helps, you're not alone: >>168468623

The Kaworu fans also suffer from similar delusions. Is it really your fault though? After all, you've been pandered too so much you've actually started to believe your own fantasies.
>>
File: 1504617476618.jpg (159 KB, 960x720)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>168468440
>He doesn't want to fuck little girls anymore
>Must be a ephebophile in denial
Oh wait, I forgot this is an EVA thread, I should have expected some armchair psychology.
>>
File: 50497450.jpg (26 KB, 600x450)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>168468623
He was smug until the very end.
>>
File: beg your pardon deedlit.jpg (301 KB, 1436x1080)
301 KB
301 KB JPG
>>168461616
>waifu's didn't exist before eva
>>
>>168468648
stay snoozing
>>
>>168468310
Rei being best girl really broke him, didn't it?
>>
>>168464890
I mean, there are a lot of characters that are more likable than Rei, so why someone (such as the OP) would even consider using her as a reference, is what I wanted to understand.
>>
>>168468310
>>168468770
Suddenly Anno's entire eva-career becomes clear as day, doesn't it?
>>
>>168468621
>He deleted Soryu and replaced her with Shikinami,

It started before that. Asuka in retake is a darling flower child who has affection for Shinji as her one and only character trait. Before Shikinami, retake asuka was the false incarnation asukafags latched on to like babies latched onto a nipple.
>>
>>168468811
Well Rei is often cited (even by academics) as being one of the first, major female characters in anime on amssive scale. People loved Nausicaa for instance, they loved Lum and Gundam characters, but she never generated even close to the amount of hype and sales Rei did. Have one such quote:

>Figurines of a bandaged Rei "were the most popular, outselling all else".[32] Due to her popularity driving sales of merchandise, Rei was called the "Premium Girl" by the media.[33]

and you don't see Nausicaa threads or Lum threads at all, do you? It's easy to see where you'd get the impression, and even Anno himself says Rei's popularity is on a national level.
>>
>spend 20 years arguing about which is better
>a emotionless dead fish
>or a severely mentally damaged 13 year old
bravo /a/
>>
>>168468811
Because Evangelion got so huge and influential while having the Great Waifu War be one of its central impacts. And in the 90's, Rei was more than twice as popular as Asuka, and asukafags have never gotten over that fact.
>>
File: Asuka_Soryu.jpg (63 KB, 632x480)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>168468859
Good thing Re-Take is just an Asukafag doujin then. But yeah, that sort of mentality has always existed with Asuka fans. It's integral to their fanbase, the extreme inferiority complex they have. Even doujins you can see the Asuka fan jealousy bubble up as now suddenly, Asuka is the godly figure watching over Shinji - like Rei was in the original. She was also an Angel, just like Rei was in the original.

Asuka fans are just jealous of Rei. That's why ANY Asukafag take on Asuka inevitably ends up in a redheaded tsundere version of Rei.

>>168468935
They're all mentally damaged, but Rei isn't emotionless or a dead fish.
>>
>>168469049
>just an Asukafag doujin
Licensed by Gainax and made by Tsurumaki, therfore asukafags take it as their bible of asukafaggotry
>>
>>168469099
I don't think that's true. It's published by Studio Kimagubuchi and made by an Asukafag, but it'd be - extreme - if it was actually made by Tsurumaki.

Just wow. That guy came in after NGE TV wasa made, I think.
>>
File: 1518480466364.jpg (30 KB, 512x498)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>168469049
Then what personality does she have?
I don't see what anyone would get out of her in a relationship.
>>
>>168469329
>I don't see what anyone would get out of her in a relationship.
People don't get anything out of a relationship with Asuka.
>>
>>168469329
Rei is obviously an introverted girl with a big heart and strong devotion to those who does her well. She's introspective and always searching for answers by herself.

You could get love, care and mutual admiration out of Rei. Devotion. You could get the pleasure of helping another, and being helped. It's the concept of filling each other out, and making up for the flaws of the other. Like a jigsaw piece with it's match.
>>
>>168469049
>>168469099
>>168468859

I hate being a gatekeeper but anyone who enjoyed Asuka in Re-Take and still considers themselves a proper Asukafag should consider jumping in front of the nearest speeding train
>>
>>168468912
>Well Rei is often cited (even by academics)
>by academics
source?
>as being one of the first, major female characters in anime on amssive scale.
This description would suit Sapphire better.
>People loved Nausicaa for instance, they loved Lum and Gundam characters, but she never generated even close to the amount of hype
source?
>>Figurines of a bandaged Rei "were the most popular, outselling all else"
context? It could mean all else in the year, or season, or franchise.
>and you don't see Nausicaa threads or Lum threads at all, do you?
I don't see a reason to necropost/meme Evangelion characters, either.
>>
>>168469483
>Asukafag should consider jumping in front of the nearest speeding train

There, removed all the extraneous text for you.
>>
>>168469483
That's a no-true-scotsman fallacy. Admit it, you read it, liked it, and changed your opinion after you got blasted by Reifags afterwards.
>>
>>168469591
Thanks for the valuable armchair psychologist input but I just didn't like it because Asuka and Rei's characterization, the general plot, God-Asuka being there for some reason, everyone losing their memory, Shinji becoming an Angel and more was fucking god-awful.
>>
>>168469591
No it truly fucking sucks and every person able to read should see it clear as water.
>>
>>168469695
>every person able to read should see it clear as water.
Yet asukafags fell for it hook line and sinker
>>
File: WA3VDSs.jpg (283 KB, 740x800)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
>>168469450
>Rei is obviously an introverted girl with a big heart and strong devotion to those who does her well. She's introspective and always searching for answers by herself.
Meanwhile behind this post
>>
>>168469774
The giant basket beside her makes the scene.
>>
>>168469763
>Yet the asukafags in my head fell for it hook line and sinker
>>
>>168469582
>source
>This description would suit Sapphire better.

Just google it man.

>Frenchy Lunning has described Rei as being Shinji's anima. Rei Ayanami's success as a character, according to Hiroki Azuma, became a catalyst in the anime industry to shift away from storytelling and towards depicting characters with moe-inspiring traits. As Rei became a more prominent character among fans, she "changed the rules" governing what people regarded as moe-inspiring. The industry then created many characters which share her traits of pale skin, shortish bluish hair and a "quiet personality". Azuma regards Ruri Hoshino of Martian Successor Nadesico as being directly influenced by Rei.

>source?
Nausicaa ranks high in contemporary popularity charts, but the volume of figures does not match that of Rei.

>context? It could mean all else in the year, or season, or franchise.
It means all else. That's a direct quote, look up the wiki before you ask.

>I don't see a reason to necropost/meme Evangelion characters, either.
But people do, on a daily basis.
>>
File: megumi.gif (1.26 MB, 500x280)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB GIF
>>168469329
>I don't see what anyone would get out of her in a relationship.
This is the type of question Asukafags continuously ignore.
>>
File: 1518575255817.jpg (361 KB, 740x800)
361 KB
361 KB JPG
>>168469806
indeed
>>
>>168469680
>>168469695
>No it truly fucking sucks and every person able to read should see it clear as water.

Except the Asuka fan who wrote it, Except the Asuka fans who loved it and included it everywhere they could. In wikis (https://wiki.evageeks.org/Re-Take), in recommendation charts for EVA.

I don't have the site, but Asuka fans even made a soundtrack for it.

So NOW, today, nearly two decades later some Asuka fans crawl out of the woodworks to say it sucks, despite the constant arguments and explanations from more reasonable fans, Rei fans in particular.
Excuse me if I don't take your "candor" too seriously.
>>
>>168469990
>every asukafag is the same reeeee
Good thing i don't judge all reifags sampling from you then
>>
>>168470034
>judge him for posting factual statements
Feel free to judge reifags by him, anon, because he's right.
>>
>>168470078
>Some retards liked a shitty doujin that means Asukafags are all insane and always wrong and jealous of Rei
>right
wat ?
>>
>>168470034
I stand by my statements. I didn't say anything wrong, I told the truth and only the truth, so help me God. Asuka fans are a group, and as a group they are untrusthworty. If one comes out to claim they're "not like the rest of them", then why should I trust that? After nearly twenty years of this bullshit?

The way I see it, Evangelion is utterly ruined thanks to the kind of mentality Asuka fans have shown.
>>
File: 1518383291382.png (106 KB, 418x605)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
>>168470172
>Asuka fans are a group, and as a group they are untrusthworty.
>muh Asukafag conspiracy
The goyim knows, shut him down !
>>
File: planche -2.jpg (107 KB, 520x350)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>168470172
from right to left
>Asuka fans are a group, and as a group they are untrusthworty.
>If one comes out to claim they're "not like the rest of them", then why should I trust that?
>ONE DAY WE WILL SHUT THEIR DIRTY, LYING ASUKAFAGS MOUTHS !!
>>
>>168470511
>Reifags are nazis

Seig fucking Heil.
>>
>>168470577
>>168470511
>>168470296
I didn't intentionally mean to emulate Hitler, but if the shoe fits....

GAS THE ASUKAFAGS
>>
File: German Anime girl.jpg (165 KB, 1024x706)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>
>>168461846
Fpbp
>>
File: 1508390704012.png (303 KB, 1920x1080)
303 KB
303 KB PNG
Asuka is the canon romance.

The best part about Asuka is that you can see her fall in love with Shinji over the series. When they first meet on Over the Rainbow, she is already somewhat attracted to him. Another Eva pilot with a similar tragic background is someone she can immediately identify with - but Shinji immediately finds her sexually attractive and his curiosity has been piqued.

Her love for Shinji is cemented when, without any protective gear on at all, he selflessly jumps in a volcano to save her. He was literally her knight in biological armor. Shinji, obviously in over his head, tries to express to his feelings to her but fails miserably.

Things come to a head in episode 15 and the fated kiss scene. Asuka does something that no other character does in the show - she puts her heart and feelings on the line and asks Shinji to kiss her. To hold her. To return the feeling of love that she has for him and that she believes Shinji harbors for her. She wants someone to love her for who she is and not because she is an Eva pilot. And she believes she has found that someone in Shinji - literally the only other person on the planet who goes through what she goes through. She is inadvertently, but brutally, rejected by Shinji.

Its a tragic romance that plays out in a really believable way.

During this time, Rei is a potato. What an amazing character.
>>
>>168470679
>German Anime girl
would be fucking the hairy, smegma covered cocks of Abdul and Jamal as soon as they wash up on Germany's shore.
>>
>>168470706
>canon romance
>has to post shitty fanart because there's no actual evidence to back up your outlandish claims
>>
>>168470706
Hey you can't post pro-Asuka content in here, don't you know what thread you're in?

Doesn't matter if you're right desu
>>
>>168470706
>>168470778
>>168470779

You mean, Rei is busy saving the goddamned world, finding herself, defeating inner demons, helping Shinji and bonding with him. The only one who was a potato at any one time was Asuka. Pic related. There's many more.
The fact that Asuka practically forced herself on Shinji doesn't make me very impressed. Your idea of a "canon romance" is ridiculous because even Rei or Kaworu fans could claim there was sexual or romantic interest between the characters. Unrequited, requited, requited on misunderstood or desperate terms - it's a story about relationships first and foremost.

Rei can be validated by her own character alone. It's a good character. She'd make a better pair with Shinji than Asuka would with Shinji too - but that doesn't mean that's how it's played out or how it should play out.
>>
>>168470779
If "pro-asuka content" means "shipping fantasies", then you're retarded. He's not even right. Those scenes are supposed to demonstrate the failures of human communication on misguided terms. Looking for validation where there is none, rather than fixing and working with yourself.

That's why Rei was a better, more positive character: she accomplished bettering herself and then helped others do the same.
>>
>>168471180
>fixing and working with yourself.

Asuka even had an easymode powerpoint all about telling her what a shitty person she was, and she didn't take a damn thing away from it.
>>
File: whip it good.jpg (48 KB, 551x566)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
Honestly, I just want to see Asuka break Rei's spine or something.
>>
File: 1517783618619.png (730 KB, 1086x800)
730 KB
730 KB PNG
Asuka best girl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzUgmeUSOkY
>>
>>168471370
>>168471402
>>168471468
>the exact moment when Asukaspammers enter the thread
>>
File: 1444704292283.jpg (184 KB, 671x1214)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>Rei thread
>nothing but crying about Asuka
OBSESSED
>>
File: 1501776733702.jpg (859 KB, 1299x2000)
859 KB
859 KB JPG
Its amazing to me just how much of an icon Rei continues to be in otaku culture relative to her actual prescence on the show, which excluding EoE is fairly minimal. Anno himself actually regretted putting the scene with her smiling to Shinji at the end of ep.6 since he felt that it prematurely closed her character arc. She's barely in some episodes and when she is her lines are sparse. As it is I think a big part of the enduring popularity of Rei is that waifufags project most of what they want to see onto a half-formed character which is why she is so over-idealized.
>>
>>168470706
This post leaves out what a constant bitch Asuka is towards Shinji which is why she gets rejected by Shinji (which isn't even a straight out rejection it's just Shinji being Shinji doesn't know how to approach Asuka in that situation, then Asuka decides to show contempt towards Shinji because of that) and why he never attempts to approach her romantically in any way.
>>
>>168471124
>>168471180
>Rei dies and is replaced because she expendable.
>Character growth comes from a deus ex machina where she literally becomes a god
really makes you think
>>
File: 1434839898012.jpg (270 KB, 800x600)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
>>168471511
>MOMMY THE ASUKA BULLIES ARE BEING MEAN TO ME AGAIN
>>
>>168471600
It's amazing how Asuka is the better character
>>
>>168471581
>discussing the enemy is an integral part of warfare, pleb
>>
>>168471609
>This post leaves out what a constant bitch Asuka is towards Shinji
That's her way of showing affection to Shinji. She doesn't pick on anyone else the way she picks on Shinji.
>>
>>168471743
who are you quoting?
>>
File: the great debate.jpg (673 KB, 2880x1080)
673 KB
673 KB JPG
cutest eva loli ?
>>
>>168471782
>he doesn't pick on anyone else the way she picks on Shinji.
She treats everyone, Kensuke, Touji, Rei, Misato the same as she treats Shinji. She's a vapid, conceited whore who lusts for the cock of a 30 year old man.
>>
File: Shinji_(Toddler).png (1.22 MB, 1440x1080)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
>>168471847
Shinji
>>
>>168471600
>Its amazing to me just how much of an icon Rei continues to be in otaku culture relative to her actual prescence on the show, which excluding EoE is fairly minimal.
Rei is a main character with screentime only next to Misato. To call Rei's presence "minimal" is quite clearly just a Asukafag revisionist lie.

>Anno himself actually regretted putting the scene with her smiling to Shinji at the end of ep.6 since he felt that it prematurely closed her character arc.
Which doesn't mean anything, because he still continued Rei afterwards. It's just something Anno says because he's butthurt about Rei's popularity like you are, and tries to rationalize his anger.

>As it is I think a big part of the enduring popularity of Rei is that waifufags project most of what they want to see onto a half-formed character which is why she is so over-idealized.
That is quite literally Asuka's entire character, and Asuka fandom. Which you've just projected onto the only fandom that actually likes Rei for being Rie. Golfclap.
>>
>>168471620
Rei grew throughout the entire series. She talked with people, learned, grew, felt kindness, and changed. Stop using words you don't understand, all you do is underline how criminally unintelligent the average Asuka fan is.
>>
>>168471600
>waifufags project most of what they want to see onto a half-formed character which is why she is so over-idealized.

retake is about Asuka, child.
>>
>>168469889
>Frenchy Lunning has described Rei as being Shinji's anima. Rei Ayanami's success as a character, according to Hiroki Azuma, became a catalyst in the anime industry to shift away from storytelling and towards depicting characters with moe-inspiring traits. As Rei became a more prominent character among fans, she "changed the rules" governing what people regarded as moe-inspiring. The industry then created many characters which share her traits of pale skin, shortish bluish hair and a "quiet personality". Azuma regards Ruri Hoshino of Martian Successor Nadesico as being directly influenced by Rei.
Nowhere does it say that she was one of the *first*, major female characters in anime on amssive scale.

>>People loved Nausicaa for instance, they loved Lum and Gundam characters, but she never generated even close to the amount of hype
>>source?
>Nausicaa ranks high in contemporary popularity charts, but the volume of figures does not match that of Rei.
and the source and date for that is?

>>context? It could mean all else in the year, or season, or franchise.
>It means all else. That's a direct quote, look up the wiki before you ask.
>References
>Fujie 2004
That's an outdated and unverifiable source.

>>I don't see a reason to necropost/meme Evangelion characters, either.
>But people do, on a daily basis.
I said that I don't see a reason for *why* people meme or necro Evangelion characters.
>>
>>168461616
>Asuka will never yell at you in German and call you stupid all the time

FUCK
>>
File: Asuka_corpse_(EoE).png (1.59 MB, 1920x1080)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
>>168472039
If you wanted the pic you could've just asked, asukashitter
>>
>>168472098
You're autistic. Sorry man. Stay butthurt about Evangelion and Rei.
>>
File: 1437850302221.jpg (140 KB, 495x729)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>168471743
It's also an integral part of obsession.
>>
>>168472089
No, child, the mere existence of that doujin refutes everything you just said.

>>168472109
Yes, we know you're a cuckold.
>>
File: ea6.png (140 KB, 600x600)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
>>168471907
>>
>>168471600
>Asukafag projection
Everything you said applies to Asukafags, not Reifags. That's why you fuckers adore re-take, a doujin that shows how jealous and hateful you are because Rei is better.
>>
File: 1442182438519.jpg (83 KB, 566x800)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>168472203
This entire thread shows how jealous and hateful toiletfags are of Asuka.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (86 KB, 833x959)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
OH NO

OH NO NO NO NO
>>
>>168468262
BASED
>>
File: AsukaBestGirl.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>168471511
Pink Asuka also best girl
>>
>>168472151
It's not my fault that the OP made such a bold claim in favor of Evangelion and Rei, when he/she has yet to provide any evidence for it. As it stands, he/she has done nothing but spread misinformation.
>>
File: sluts.jpg (931 KB, 1018x768)
931 KB
931 KB JPG
>>168471620
Plenty expendable
>>
>>168472332
You're autistic dude. Sorry.
>>
>>168472359
>NGE clearly depicts sweet clone Rei tiddies
>fan art doesn't
why ?
>>
>>168469774
>>168469806
what is this from?
>>
>>168468770
>>168468818
These are the best things to come out from the Western Eva community
>>
>>168472425
Ayanami Raising Project I think
>>
>>168472359
Nice toilet warehouse
>>
>>168472440
the puns are what makes it.
>>
File deleted.
>>168467164
And Rei is a piece of shit
>>
>>168467227
That was when 4chan was still soyboy central
>>
File: 1444278322719.jpg (53 KB, 424x600)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
Rei is a shitty plot device non-character.
>>
>>168461616
>It's another "Reifags get assblasted by Asukafag positivity and banter" thread

Anon, I...
>>
>>168472873
>asukafag
>banter

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH
butthurt shitposting isn't banter, cuck
>>
File: Cute butt.jpg (288 KB, 600x900)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
>>168472873
Reifags are the vaginas of /a/.
>>
File: 2f0.jpg (51 KB, 600x618)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>168472926
>AAAHAH I'm not butthurt
>>
File: 1444253698724.jpg (529 KB, 1200x1703)
529 KB
529 KB JPG
>>168472926
SEETHING
>>
>>168472955
asukafags are the prolasped rectums of /a/.
>>
>>168461616
She is so perfect.
>>
>>168472992
>>168473002
I'm laughing hysterically, you're spamposting because you're so butthurt.
>>
File: Valentine.jpg (189 KB, 1300x978)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>tfw no rei valentine
>>
File: 1444700891541.png (403 KB, 707x1000)
403 KB
403 KB PNG
>>168473024
If you are a mentally ill toilet fetishist, yes.
>>
File: 1487220796834.jpg (2.23 MB, 3023x4204)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB JPG
>>168473118
>tfw no asuka valentine
>>
>>168472288
human instrumentality in a nutshell
>>
File: 310510.png (330 KB, 676x423)
330 KB
330 KB PNG
>>168473059
This whole thread is banter by reifags butthurt over losing best girl status years and years ago.
>>
>>168473118
>tfw no Asuka beating up Rei on Valentine's
>>
File: noisy.png (1004 KB, 700x1076)
1004 KB
1004 KB PNG
>>168471782
>She doesn't pick on anyone else the way she picks on Shinji.
Shinji groups Asuka, Touji, Kensuke, and Hikari all together as "noisy" people that he'll never truly get along with and be comfortable around.

Asuka is fucking Touji in the EoE scene.
>>
File: 1437859271770.jpg (106 KB, 600x848)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>168473041
>n-no u
The absolute state of toiletfags.
>>
>>168473355
>asukacucks are phoneposters
surprise surprise
>>
File: 1241671397251.jpg (149 KB, 800x436)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>
>>168473399
It's this one insane Asukafag coordinating an attack. Again.
>>
File: 2302666679.jpg (563 KB, 1280x1881)
563 KB
563 KB JPG
What if I like both Rei and Asuka?
>>
File: 1500002539750.jpg (64 KB, 640x480)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>
>>168473509
Nothing wrong with that as long as you accept that Rei is a goddess and Asuka is a 14 year old wreck whom Rei helped save, and that Anno is butthurt that Rei is more popular, reworking the franchise to rewrite the characters.

Like what you want - but always accept the facts.
>>
>>168473509
its like ketchup with graps
>>
>>168473327
>Asuka is fucking Touji in the EoE scene.
deleted scene, so defintely not cannon, and should not be taken into account when discussing Asuka's character, there's a clear reason for it to be deleted and it's not because of runtime
>Shinji group
That's the key word, and I don't think Asuka will ever truly get along with them either.
Also she really does not pick on anyone else the way she picks at shinji, most of the time she actually uses it to try and discuss personal matters with him while trying to act detached about it
>>
>>168473548
>>168473436
Cute!
>>
File: 1387849860357.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>168473441
I though he got banned ages ago. Its all the same lame reaction images and everything.
>>
>>168473594
>Also she really does not pick on anyone else the way she picks at shinji, most of the time she actually uses it to try and discuss personal matters with him while trying to act detached about it
So Asuka is a dishonest scow, got it.
>>
File: 1347590545895.jpg (728 KB, 1738x2400)
728 KB
728 KB JPG
>>
File: F04AFC53.jpg (122 KB, 1280x720)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>168473644
>insecurity is dishonesty
Take a good hard look at yourself then
>>
>>168473693
Asuka is dishonest AND insecure, pussy.
>>
File: 1442191070215.jpg (470 KB, 965x1199)
470 KB
470 KB JPG
>>168473567
Rei is a toilet and objectively a shit character.

Asuka is literally the greatest character ever created.
>>
>>168465588
that's barely C cup what are you smoking
>>
File: 1240897149407.jpg (86 KB, 770x511)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>
File: 1512085711075.jpg (249 KB, 995x1026)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
OTP
>>
>>168473693
again, where the fuck is this from? I don't ever remember the gang playing in a string quartet
>>
>>168466472
He was a literal homosexual who wanted Shinji's cock, you homosexual
>>
File: Kaworu and Shinji bathing.jpg (238 KB, 1437x1079)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
>>168474183
Kaworu is the most heterosexual character in the show.
Shinji is the one who was the cocklusting fag.

Who is blushing at who in this image, gaymo?
>>
>>168474104
It's from Death, the 1h recap movie, it has these really nice segments in between characters "summaries"
>>
>>168473594
Deleted scene that Anno intentionally included on the DvD and BluRays. It's valid.

>Asuka will ever truly get along with either
The only person in the show Asuka ever revealed her true self to was Hikari, dumbass. She got along with her better than with anyone else.

She picked on Touji and treated him the exact same way as with Shinji, maybe even worse considering Touji actually fought back against her and put up a fight (something she wanted) Shinji just took it like a bitch, like a pussy little girl which got her uninterested in him.
Asuka wants a man, not a transvestite like Shinji.
>>
>>168474275
fuck, I didn't think anno would add anything of significance into that. If anything, I thought it'd be shit
>>
>>168474275
I like the scene where Asuka and Kaworu flirt with each other.
>>
>>168465890
bad anon
>>
>>168474356
>Asuka wants a man, not a transvestite like Shinji.

Regardless, Asuka also has exceedingly high standards. As much of a pussy as he was, come combat time, he'd still blow her the fuck out and save the day
>>
>>168474356
>Deleted scene that Anno intentionally included on the DvD and BluRays. It's valid.
No you dishonest fucker, because he didn't include it in the cut of EoE, it is included as a bonus material along with other shit regarding EoE.
It is not valid in the story however hard you try to fanwank it into it.
>She picked on Touji and treated him the exact same way as with Shinji
Did we watch the same show really ?
>>
>>168474491
>It is not valid in the story however hard you try to fanwank it into it.

It's basically an epilogue, you mongoloid. The whole point is to highlight what would happen in a reality where Shinji doesn't exist. So it's not inconceivable that she'd fuck Toji (a completely mundane character like she's supposed to be outside of the Evaverse). I can see why he didn't choose to include it in the film, because it would diminish the impact of the actual ending.
>>
>>168474481
And that's why she was so pissed off. This ugly faggot little pussy beat her at piloting; the one thing she boasted and centered her life around.

But when it comes to romantic partners, she only settles for chads like Kaji and Kaworu, or Touji if she's desperate.
>>
>>168474431
If you somehow find whatever the fuck the master meant by this please share it, I've watched it recently for the first time and I haven't a clue what the fuck it was supposed to imply.
It looks great though.
As for the rest it's alright for a recap, no narration, just very good editing.
Sadly it takes the frames from the show and cuts them into 16:9. But still, it's really worth watching.
>>
>>168474491
The fact that he included it as bonus material meant he desired for it to be seen.

There are other scenes that didn't make it into the final movie that he didn't include in the discs. The fact that he included this one meant he wished for it to be viewed and considered.
Asuka getting rammed every night by Touji.
>>
>>168474574
>It's basically an epilogue, you mongoloid.
No it's fucking not you autistic fuck. Bonus material and whatever else didn't make the final cut is not fucking canon, get the fuck over it.
>>
>>168474646
>The fact that he included it as bonus material meant he desired for it to be seen.
That doesn't make it canon, what the fuck is so hard to understand about that ?
It is not in the fucking movie.
>>
File: 1517781917773.png (26 KB, 336x370)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>168474682
I agree. A bonus scene in EoE is basically the gospel. Let's ignore all the other scenes in the entire series for this one bonus scene!
>>
>>168468935
> People think the 13 year old is a better deal
>>
>>168474682
>>168474844
Jesus, you people are fucking pathetic. It's impossible to have a legitimate discussion about Eva without mentally-deranged waifufaggotry shitting everything up.
>>
File: latest.png (141 KB, 419x268)
141 KB
141 KB PNG
>>168469774
She could grab my giant pole with her enormous robot, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>168474923
>call me a fucking mongoloid for pointing out that his fanwank is just fucking fanwank
>waaah y u so mean mentally deranged waiffag
Fuck off.
>>
>>168475002
It's not fanwank. It's a bonus scene. Anno included for a reason. I'm sorry your sub-80 IQ couldn't deduce anything of value from it.
>>
>>168471847
Young Rei looks weird, they tried too hard to make her look like adult Yui. Asuka is the way better loli, I'm sad to say.
>>
>>168461616
>You didn't see males worshiping female characters like Sailor Moon, Bulma, Nausicaa.
Completely wrong.

People have had waifus as long as there are female characters in anime. Pic related. Sailor Mars was my waifu before I even knew about Eva.
>>
>>168474682
>>168474740
You seem angry anon. Does a 10 minute video of Asuka describing her kinky sexual relationship with Touji annoy you?

Remind you that Anno filmed this. He filmed Touji's seiyuu and Asuka's seiyuu in bed together. He deliberately wrote this entire scene.

So much for your Asuka/Shinji OTP headcanon, huh?
>>
>>168475056
>t's not fanwank. It's a bonus scene. Anno included for a reason. I'm sorry your sub-80 IQ

So to you I have a sub 80 IQ because, if I follow you strain ofthoughts, I don't deduce from a deleted scene than never made it into the final cut that Asuka doesn't give a fuck about Shinji and actually just wanted the big Toji cock or whoever else all along, am I fucking correct ?
Is that what you call something of value ?
Because I just call it fucking fanwank.
>>
>>168475210
> Who gives a fuck about canon when there are deleted scenes to fanwank about ?
>>
>>168468390
>>168468262
What would happen if Asuka met Kamijou Touma?
>>
>>168467227
I have been here since 2005 and I have never seen Rei win a single popularity poll on /a/ - even those that weren't vote-spammed. I don't know whether things are different in Japan, but /a/ has always been an Asuka board.
>>
>>168467724
Wait, were Kaworu fans actually happy with 3.33? We got to see more of him, sure, but he also ended up juggling the idiot ball like a fucking clown.

People want to blame Shinji for fucking the world, but he knew fucking nothing, Kowaru knew the score and didn't do a goddamn thing once shit went pear-shaped except be very slowly bamboozled and then die stupidly.
>>
>>168475210
The guy you're talking to is right: deleted content is not canon.
>>
File: 1517697096769.png (1.54 MB, 1600x1200)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB PNG
>>168475316
/a/suka
>>
>>168475469
>/a/y/a/n/a/mi
Three /a/s are better than two.
>>
>>168475255
In the canon:
-Asuka loves Kaji
-Asuka takes the dong from Kaworu
-Asuka takes the dong from Toji in an AU
Your move, cuck.
>>
>>168475607
/a/ /s/ /u/ /k/ /a/
How will Reifags ever recover ?
>>
File: 1518153777245.png (9 KB, 300x300)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>168475688
Checkmate.
>>
>>168475688
Rei is Gendo's fucktoy, checkmate.
>>
>>168475210
wait what?
>>
>>168461616
>Rai
Don't disrespect Rei like that.
She's still best Evangelion girl.
>>
>>168475688
That's not canon.
Asuka has a crush on Kaji and nothing else happens canonically.
>>
>>168475892
Yes but why use logic when you can just autistically screech for (you)s ?
>>
>>168475872
it's a 20 second live action clip where asuka is implied to have had sex with Toji in a reality where Shinji apparently doesn't exist.
It was never included in EoE (but it's available as bonus) and for good reasons, mostly because it doesn't make any fucking sense (why and how would there be a world without Shinji in the middle of instrumentality in the first place for example)
>>
Can't we just say both Asuka and Rei are cute?
Why does it need to be a competition?
>>
File: 1442443806141.jpg (648 KB, 1077x1527)
648 KB
648 KB JPG
the first step towards making asuka palatable.
>>
>>168476629
Thou shall not have any other waifus before Asuka.
>>
>>168461616
You have to be 18 to be able to po-
>2018
>kids born in 2000 are able to post on /a/
Fuck. A post this stupid is actually legal.
>>
>>168465793
Where is this screenshot from? I've never been able to find it in the movie proper.
>>
>>168466398
>Kaworu
>person
pick one
>>
>>168466856
She's on her period, stupid.
>>
>>168475326
Kaworu fans loved 3.33, as did Asuka fans. They never cares about depth as long as they get pandered to.
>>
Eva waifu wars in 2018 feels so forced. It's all so obviously a bunch of newfags who want to fit into the ebin tradition.
>>
>>168479853
It's a mixed blessing when you get more of what you wanted, but now it's in a shitty way. It's like "It sure was nice to see you again! But they fucked you up so I dunno."
>>
>>168461846
you're absolutely right
>>
>>168475688
At least LNfags have it right, they hated Mio Natsume from Just Because and Iroha Isshiki from Yahari, because of the hints of NTR. Why do Evafags have it so wrong? People actually like 2D that liked two guys at once? Disgusting.
>>
>>168475272
>What would happen if Asuka met Kamijou Touma?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7NhP0k2iIs
>>
>>168482605
Asuka never had a single interaction with Kaworu and didn't care about Kaji besides as a tool to make herself look more like a grownup, that guy's full of it.
>>
>>168467428
looks like asscar won
>>
File: IMG_2700.jpg (62 KB, 500x714)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>168461846
>>168461908
T W E N T Y
Y E A R S
>>
Actually, speaking about OP's question, what do you think is the reason behind normalfags starting using the term "waifu" in the last couple of years?

Why would anyone want to be associated with lonely people on purpose?
>>
File: 1511181418270.jpg (287 KB, 1277x740)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
>>168487871
>what do you think is the reason behind normalfags starting using the term "waifu" in the last couple of years?

It's a cultural process as old as culture itself. In society you will always have mainstream culture, which is bland and tasteless and sterile so that it can fit everyone in the society.

You also have niche culture, like 'waifuism'. Niche culture doesn't need to appeal to everyone, so it can be creative and hard to digest.

Mainstream culture progresses by taking niche culture and sterilizing it for compatibility, dumbing it down for the benefit of the lowest common denominator, and assimilating it.




Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.