[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1514183238190.jpg (393 KB, 1114x1600)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
This is it? Fucking dropped. Why is japan so shit at endings? Did the LN have an actual ending or was it also this shit?
>>
The author was a fucking cunt that did a really shitty ending just to spite his readers.
>>
>>179187975
Also shit
>>
>>179187975
to late to drop
>>
>>179188063
>tries to push for a childhood friend end
>writes her to be an unlikable cunt
>nips start boycotting the LN
For once, they did the right thing. We would've had a shitty ending either way.
>>
I wanted big boobs to win, either one.
>>
>>179190340
Sounds awfully similar to IS situation.
>>
>>179190340
Wasn't the chilhood friend the voice actress girl that lost? Or am I forgetting something about Aika?
>>
No one won? I really liked the orange hair girl.

Do girls even win in harems anymore or do the LN's just never end or have no defined winner.
>>
>>179191537
Orange won. The other girls get depressed but then the maid goes "most commoner couples break up after a short while" and they all go full hungry hyena mode just waiting for an opening while still acting all friendly with them
>>
>>179187975
>the end
stop reading right there
>>
>>179191459
3 of the girls turned out to be his childhood friends after he regained his memories.
>>
>>179187975
manga got axed OP
>>
>>179187975
It was axed because reasons.
But the LN ending was bullshit anyway.
>>
>>179187975
You know, I didn’t like the LN ending but I didn’t hate it either. I’ll just pretend they broke up eventually and Maid won.
>>
>>179187975
Meh, the what-if story (or was it a dream?) where the mc ends with the maid in charge of the genius loli was way better. Delicious threesomes guaranteed
>>
>>179191942
The manga would have been so much better if they used thew yandere angle a bit more than just showing gradient eyes twice in 81 chapters.
>>
>>179191942
>has a girlfriend
>still lets another girl sit in his lap
Orange is a cuckquean and honestly the falling out between everyone fighting over his dick would have been 10x better than the entire series.
>>
>>179191537
Well people hate it when one is picked because everyone has their own favourite so not picking anyone is the safe route. But the real fucking route every single time in a harem series should be the god damn harem end. Why are harem mangas pussies when it comes to the protagonist proactively choosing them all? I still get salty when I think of Love Hina where they threw themselves at the protagonist and said sharing was fine and he still turned them down.
>>
>>179192173
Shes just retarded, if he just told her than having multiple gfs was normal for commoners it would have all been fine
>>
>>179190340
I liked Eri, but she was clearly inferior to Karen.
>>
>>179187975
Still less of an infuriating ending than the I have no friends club LN.
>>
>>179191968
Wait what is this? She was one of the best characters.
>>
>>179192259
There are literal newfags who say that harem endings are bad because it doesn't lead to a fulfilling romantic conclusion for any one heroine.
>>
>japs in charge of writing endings
>>
>>179192407
That was really because the author decided to axe all potential development that it was building up towards and go back to the ending he had in mind at the end of volume 1. IIRC, he didn't like writing in the harem/romance elements of the story and felt that they took over everything he wanted to do so he quickly rushed out a bad end and went back.
>>
>>179192259
Only deluded virgins like harem ends, it’s completely illogical in a modern setting. Just read Seitokai no Ichizon Shin to see what happens when a man tries to realistically go for the harem end.

Don’t get me wrong, I like harem ends too. However, they’re only satisfying in a fantasy or supernatural setting where MC has the power, resources, and time to actually make that dynamic work. Not some fucking everyday college or high school student whose only redeeming qualities are cooking and being nice.
>>
>>179192606
>t. A virgin
>>
>>179192621
But I’m not deluded.
>>
>>179192740
Pro-tip: There are harems in real life. Lots of men have them.
>>
>>179192606
You know what else is illogical in a modern setting? An average protagonist in looks, grades and all the other generic shit having a thousand thirsty bitches on his cock. Ones he conveniently met in his otherwise apparently ordinary life in the past. Harems are, to begin with, a fantasy. A stupid illogical fantasy, where an ordinary guy can have all the most beautiful women vying for his affection. So by their very nature a harem end fits. And the idea that they're so afraid of harem ends is ridiculous to me.
>>
>>179192606

This. Harem ends in fantasy settings (or other settings that realistically allow harems) are the best. Mostly, modern harems just break my immersion in the story since it makes me wonder how the girls who have no experience with polygamy in society and never expected to share a man just become ok with it. Plus you know it won't work out long term since they can't get married, how will they take care of all those kids, how will their parents react etc. How can people not even consider this shit. It usually means that the characters aren't remotely realistic and the author is a hack (but what can you expect from an author who makes multiple girls fall so deeply in love with a man who's only positive and noteworthy characteristic is being a decent human being that they're willing to share him). I guess it's comfy if you don't dwell on the implications.
>>
>>179192857
>there are harems in real life
No shit, I know polygamy is legal in some countries. However they’re ridiculously rare to begin with in countries where they are taboo. I’m already supposed to believe that some average nice dude can have multiple 10/10s lusting after his dick, but that’s where I draw the line.
>>
>>179192960
>Polygamy is what I was posting about
>>
Never forget Masamune-kun's ending either. We should start boycotting these shitty harem series that milk everything for years but refuse to make a choice at the end.
>>
>>179193075
I never actually saw the ending. I just assumed he'd end up with the girl he hated, because it was a cliche.
>>
File: shomindark5.gif (2.43 MB, 1800x1277)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB GIF
>>
File: x17.jpg (279 KB, 900x1277)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
>>179187975
lies and fake news
Hakua's maid won eventually
>>
File: x14.jpg (249 KB, 900x1277)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
>>179193657
they have a kid now.
>>
>>179191591
to be fair, this is the best model for a harem
too often I see harems that are too delicate, where if the MC makes a move, other girls lose interest or sperg out.

the only winning move is to have already made your move, if the harem underestimates their chances they're likely to come on more strongly.
>>
>>179191459
Aika wasn't unlikeable.
>>
>>179192606
Partially you're right, some poorfag high school boy ending with harem is kinda retarded but on the other hand you have tons of harems with modern setting where mc could get away with it without any problem, I'm sure he could accidentally give them some harem manga to read and they would come up with way to make it reality themselves like girls in Fujimura-kun Meitsu, it's comedy series so ending it on comedy tone like this would work much better.
>>
Do not know what this is. After reading these comments this just sounds like nisekoi with the names changed
Sounds like shit
is there a ruri equivalent?
>>
>>179192606
Haremshit is already wish-fulfillment of the highest order. Why would you disrespect the beauty of wish-fulfillment and pandering that much by half-assing it with only one girl winning? That's just fucking insulting and borderline pretentious of a writer to imply his already trashy story is somehow above that. Might as well go full ham on the harem or if you're that much of a pissy bitch about it then do an omnibus end.

No one wants to be a Tsuki Tsuki. No one.
>>
>>179193185
All the later marketing materials and the overall vibe of the last dozen chapters or so pinned the maid as the winner, and, in fact, by all accounts, she straight up won in the second past chapter. Then the author pulled some stupid reversal bullshit and had the main girl (the one he wanted his revenge on) win on the last few pages of the very last chapter. All to piss off his editors and most of the readers.
>>
>>179194212
Eh, there's more than a few ways to write a harem story that's neither trashy or pretentious. Not that I'd ever expect a Nip to actually it off.
>>
>>179194331
Gag harems are unironically the best because they tap into conceptual silliness of haremshit the most.
>>
>>179194212
Wait what happened in Tsuki Tsuki?
>>
>>179187975
I just don't read/watch harems, there's nothing good about them.
>>
>>179194212
I always liked Magika or whatever it was called, with the demon summoning. The protagonist is reluctant for like a novel at most and then starts to interact with his harem and treat them equally and shit, with dates and what not. It was a great change of pace.
>>
>>179194627
He marries all his harem members

One of the only series to cross that line
>>
>>179194652
Why even post this?
>>
>>179195042
Loud minority.
>>
>>179194627
IIRC the author wanted only Luna to win, but the readers sperged out so hard the final volume got delayed for ages.

>>179194973
When did the final volume come out?
>>
>>179194877
Magika no Kenshi to Shoukan Maou? Best LN to never get an anime IMO.
>>
>>179194231
The voice actress girl won?
>>
Do nips have some disease that stops them from writing satisfying ends? Out of all the shit I've read and watched, I can only name a handful that had a satisfying conclusion. LN authors seem to be particularly bad at endings.
>>
>>179195389
Like 6 months or a year ago I think
>>
File: mushibugyo_ending.jpg (285 KB, 651x941)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
It's funny that pic related had a legit harem ending where the MC ends up with and has kids with all three of his love interests, and was a fucking battle shonen. Yet these supposedly "harem" LNs never have the balls to actual fulfill the premise they build a fanbase on.
>>
>>179195505
LN authors just throw shit at the wall until some series gets popular and then they keep writing it until it stops printing money.
>>
>>179195505
They have a strong idea for a start and maybe a loose idea of the end but as time progresses it's very hard for people to keep it together. I don't know how true it is for all book writing but it seems like at least for LNs the way that they are written, especially with most trying to run for as long as possible, they often end up losing track of the progression of the story, characters and relationships in order to extend the pointless bullshit.
>>
>>179195412
Fuck I still cross my fingers it'll one day get an anime for one reason or another. It'd be Japan's greatest gift to us.
>>
Harems are very much like betting on horses. If all the horses win then it's sorta an anti-climax
>>
>>179196390
Wont happen, the series is already finished.
>>
>>179194029
What the fuck, how new are you?
>>
>>179195591
The premise of harems, and the way they build a fanbase, is not harem endings. If it were, then there wouldn't be a fucking billion Love Hina clones where the entire point from the getgo is finding X girl from your childhood or choosing a single fiance.
>>
>>179195591
Damn I didn't know that was how the manga ended. Pretty nice.
>>
>>179194212
Agreed, harems are inherently silly and mostly fun stories that leave out common sense, I really cant think why of all the things they make fun of, they are so fricking stiff when it comes to the relationships at the end, its the end of the story even open ending leave cliffhangers like crazy and somehow having them just go happily ever after with harem seems like taboo even in stories where magic and money(specially this case with the mains being very VERY influencial ojousamas such that changing or just outright ignoring some laws shouldnt be an issue) should leave a way out for such a thing
>>
>>179201500
Use periods.
>>
>>179201547
Yeah, sorry was in a hurry
>>
>>179195535
Got an image of the cover?

>>179195591
Mushibugyo ended? I should go back to reading it.

>>179196390
LN's ended. As much as I want to, no way it'll happen.
>>
>>179196674
All horses crossing the finish line at the exact same time is hardly an anti-climax ending, anon.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.