[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 4088740890.jpg (144 KB, 578x800)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
Now that Super has been done and wrapped up for a while now (ignoring the Broly movie), can we agree it was just as bad if not worse than GT at being a continuation of the Dragonball series?
>>
>>180432343
I think that was already established mutilple threads ago. Also really gt was wasted so much it deserved at least another chance though now that's not even possible anymore.
>>
GT was better
>>
No. Super wasn't even bad
>>
File: PanVictory.jpg (256 KB, 594x594)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
>>180432343
GT was great it had a cute girl in the main cast for the first and last time in DB history.
>>
>>180432343
super is better than any
ive seen all dragon balls super is good love blue hair goku
>>
Equally as bad but atleast Super came out at a time where we all could globally laugh at it.
Laughing at it with you guys made me have a better time than I did watching Z
>>
>>180433799
>super is better than any
>JUAN FROM MEXICO
my fucking sides!!!!!!
>>
>>180433865
Nice samefag
>>
>>180432343
gt had a good premise but wasted material, super had a shit premise but sometimes flickered because of pandering
>>
GT: shit
Super: entertaining shit
>>
>>180432343
GT was better than the Super anime, but if you only follow the Super Movies, it's clearly a better story.
>>
I haven't watched GT other than some clips on youtube.

But Super was really bad. It tried very hard to not really change the status quo while at the same time pretending there were ever any stakes. Even that world that got destroyed was just some future world no one cares about because it was already a shithole filled with non-characters. Vegeta and Goku would even constantly go back and forth in time when they needed a break.
Then the tournament of power was just a consecutive chain of "do you remember this from Dragonball Z" moments, fucking up any sense of powerscaling there ever was in the process.
Super had some good moments, Beers and Whis were entertaining, Ultra Instinct was fun even with how retarded it was, and the ending against Jiren, the blandest man in the world, was really exciting. But then there was Super Saiya-jin Blue which just looked ugly. I generally didn't like the artstyle of Super. The colours were too saturated, and everything was just too clean, so from what I have seen of GT, I'd have to say it did that better than Super.
So, yeah, GT > Super, from what I can tell.
>>
The fuck is wrong with super you pretentious neckbeards?
>>
>>180432343
GT is not that bad

americans say that because the company that brought it to america added a shitty rap and then fucking only dubed half of the fucking show
fuck GT probably has the best opening in the entire franchise https://youtu.be/DJcuDgVYjgI
>>
>>180437682
It has no stakes, until the end when the final opponent is literally called "The Grey".

>>180437721
Sorae is good, but it doesn't hold a candle to Challah Head-Challah.
>>
>>180437721
American's also can't into comfy in DB. All they want endless fights and new hair colors.
>>
>>180433799
are you 12 by any chance?
>>
File: 20181108_091905.jpg (586 KB, 1894x1066)
586 KB
586 KB JPG
>apeposter thinks godposters are bad
There's a reason why Super has more episodes than GT.
>>
>>180438236
Are you incapable of reading obvious hints towards a joke?
>>
>the angry boomer is upset over his bad non-canon continuation being put out of its misery
The only good thing about GT was SSJ4
>>
>>180432343
>Now that the thing that has me assblasted is over (despite the fact that it isn't) can you agree with my autistically wrong opinion?
No.
>>
Both are bad but Super loses a lot of points for having TWO arcs just being movie recaps that are completely inferior to the original content. There's no excuse for that shit. They took Battle of the Gods, which was a fun movie and turned it into an absolute slog.
>>
>>180437809
This. I honestly hate all the colors Goku gained. I mean, it's just riddiculous now. 3 forms of super sayian, super sayian god, super sayian god super sayian, evolved super sayian god super sayan (Vegeta only), megatte no goui form... Dear Jesus... It's like a bad dream or fanficion.
>>
>>180432343
No. Super at least had better fight choreography and gave the other characters some development and their moment to shine unlike GT where most everyone became useless fodder.
>>
How did anime Vegeta skip SSG and go straight to SSB?
>>
>>180432343
both are bad for different reasons
>>
>>180433615
Yea it was shit
>>
File: r17.png (467 KB, 605x787)
467 KB
467 KB PNG
>>180432343
Honestly GT felt much more true to the original Dragon Ball than Z was. At least the first Arc.
Dragon ball was a gag manga about a monkey boy going on adventures.
Z was shitty battle shounen and powerlevel wankery. Z was never good, take off your nostalgia goggles.
GT went back to that by powering down Goku and then going on an adventure around the galaxy.
And super was just a shitty cashgrab and took all the worst parts of Z and gave it abysmal production values.

I bet of you Z and super wankers have never watched the original.

Literally only people who like Z and super are spics, NPCs, sub 85 IQ 'people' and people who watch anime ironically.
>>
>>180432343
Not really no. Just because you like other thing morr doesnt mean jack shit.
>>
>>180439179
You clearly never watched GT.
It powered down Goku for ONE arc! He one shots Freeza and Cell in hell in his base form a couple of episodes later. There was a reason it was called "Goku Time."
>>
>>180439318
>At least the first Arc.
You clearly didn't read my post.
>>
>>180439179
Anon, there are a lot of countries where Dragonball aired before Dragonball Z, try not being American next time. It is perfectly legitimate to like both series, or the entire manga for that matter (other than the Buu arc, that is). Just because Dragonball changed when Goku grew up doesn't mean it changed for the worse necessarily. It helps no one to be reductive.
>>
>>180439179
Finally!
GT appeals to those who like the exploration aspect of the original dragonball while Super appeals to Z. Despite being the stakes being bigger in Super, GT's final arc having a more personal connection to the heroes is better IMO.
>>
I really liked GT more than Super:

They went outerspace, it showed a lot of the rest of the universe without just being OP gods.

Nerfed Goku but not that much, and by the end he was not impossible stronger than the start.

Interesting developing of the side characters.

Pan was a cute main character.

There were situations that the main cast needed to think to resolve and not just power up and fight.

GT felt way more like Dragonball than Super.
>>
>>180439354
I thought the original aired in America?
>>
>>180439379
Didn't it only air after Z? I am not so sure, only going by hearsay here.
>>
>>180439363
Dragonball was a comedy manga and GT wasn't funny so it failed. Super has better comedy than GT ever did, like GT would ever bring Arale back it was too tryhard for that.
>>
>>180439341
First arc failed miserably and the series had to damage control into more Z shit.
>>
>>180439449
So super had to pull in a guest star to do their comedy for them?
>>
No it wasn’t. Goku Time was irredeemable garbage, with the only decent arc being baby. Argue all you want but TRASH WILL BE TRASH. Damage controlling will not make it better, and super will be coming back for a season 2 with a fucking movie that is extremely hyped up. You goku time idiots have all the evidence you need in front of you. A small a thread with contrarians doesn’t change shit.
>>
>>180439581
Commercial success doesn't mean good. It just means it pandered to the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>180439641
Whatever, I’m gonna go see my boy vegeta in his sexy ass ssg form in theaters. Keep reminiscing about your forgotten 64 episode anime.
>>
>>180437721
It also had the most satisfying ending to the story imo
>>
>>180437721
So much this. GT had cool story and their journey through galaxy was entertaining to watch. The only thing I didn't actually like was making Goku a kid again.

And "Dan, dan" is great.
>>
>>180439581
>Forgotten
>Constantly gets games/merch/specials presence

Fuck off.
>>
>>180438380
because 1/3 of are movie retelling? now explain why super is so much more shit than gt
>>
>>180432343
No. It was pure shit. Peak Super easily >>>>> peak GT. Worst super >>>>> worst GT.

Only people that defend this shit are comfyfags who have no idea why Dragonball was ever popular in the first place.
>>
>>180440473
So? Why was it popular in the first place?
>>
File: Dragon Ball Movie 4.webm (2.92 MB, 1280x720)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
>>180432343
super was Much worse than GT

the only way GT could be good , if Goku had lost his powers when he get young.
>>
>>180440816
I know it was for the sake of the joke, but to this day I still don't understand why he would sleep with his head on his grandpa's balls. Even if completely innocent, wouldn't that be extremely uncomfortable for Son Gohan?
>>
>>180432343
Super was always a worse GT. I still remember fondly when superpedros pretended that they couldn't be compared because super had yet to end and was going to get good, it never got good.

All super had on its favor was that db nostalgia was at its peak when it released unlike GT which came right after Z and catered to non existing nostalgia for something that had ended little time ago.

Were we to swap the release dates of those two shows and super would be the one show constantly shitted on while GT would be claimed as the show that revived dragon ball.
>>
>>180432343
I can hardly believe it myself, but it was worse than GT. Way, way worse.
>>
>>180437215
Pretty much. The whole of super was all about remembering people of stuff that happened in DB and Z such as mafuba, 17, kaioh kek, that Roshi knows how to fight and etc.

The moments where it had to rely on its own strenght and not in nostalgia fell flat and dull.
>>
>>180433775
Pan is sacred. Post more Pans
>>
>>180441275
>Were we to swap the release dates of those two shows
Super simply couldn't be made in the 90s. It is too much of a nostalgia wankfest. Yes, GT had its nostalgia pandering, but mostly in the beginning, and it also tried to somewhat evolve the whole thing, even if the execution was pretty shitty.
>>
>>180432343
>GTfags trying to paint GT in a good light
Die faggot
>>
>>180442002
Not the OP, but if you read it again you will notice that he just paints Super in an even worse light.
>>
>>180440939
Honestly I reread early Dragonball in the manga recently, and a lot of the poses and way the kids were drawn from specific angles made Toriyama look really questionable.
>>
>>180442002
t. Juan
>>
>>180441916
I gotta give GT credit where it is due. It at least tried to take the setting to a new direction and as a direct sequel to prior events.

Meanwhile super is this weird and bizarre midquel that tries to be this grandiose and huge thing but at the same time needs to still fit in what we saw in the end of Z epilogue.

That shit ended up with a completely nonsensical show where stuff powercreeped to retard levels while still pretending it still somehow could lead to end of Z, where Goku took a liking for the reincarnation of who was his greatest opponent ... at least until super made him look like shit tier garbage not worth getting invested on compared with the newcomers like the U6 saiyans that have all the potential as rivals and disciples in the making that uub had as his gimmick
>>
>>180442164
Yeah, that was my impression aswell when I first read the manga. A lot of the Dragonball humour is just Toriyama being a bit of a pervert.
>>
>>180432343
I’m a huge DB fan(I’m black, I’m pretty much obligated to love the show) and I can’t finish GT. I tried a dry run a couple years months ago and I just ended up skipping episodes until I just stopped(when Goku defeated Baby).

Even as a kid I never liked that show. I remember thinking “yeah this doesn’t feel like DBZ”
>>
Z was worse than both of them.
>>
>>180437013
Fuck. I agree with this hard. I remember seeing Battle of God's and thinking we'd get a new movie every year or so. I wish it would've been that instead of the complete joke that Super was. GT is stupid as fuck but it's pretty good watch just for some nonsense fights.
>>
>>180442589
Oh yeah? I can one up that statement. The only good piece of Dragonball media is the Bio Broly movie.
>>
Strong disagree. Super is better. Side characters actually had a chance to shine. We got multiple cool new characters. ToP Arc gave us one of the best fights in DB.
>>
Let's be realistic here. GT was bad. There's no getting around it - the tone was inconsistent, the story wasn't particularly engaging against the series highlights. the animation was just average, lots of the characters were treated badly (Vegeta especially) and it just didn't have that hook.
But as bad as GT was Super was way, waaaaaay fucking worse. The first two arcs just recycled the movies, the animation was absolutely wretched (Goku vs Beerus was just disgusting), the fights had no gravity, the character design was so poor (Zeno looked like a popsicle mascot) and the direction was terrible. Seriously, not bringing back Cell because they couldn't be bothered to do his spots was laziness of the highest magnitude.
>>
>>180443359
Bringing back Cell would have been even lazier. Super would have been good if it managed to do its own thing and make it interesting, but it failed to do that. As stated above, it tried too hard to cling to the status quo of DBZ, when DBZ ironically never did that.
>>
>>180436984
The Truth
>>
File: pankidgokuep08.png (583 KB, 800x600)
583 KB
583 KB PNG
GT is great simply because we got to see Kid Goku running around naked again.
>>
>>180443359
>>180443840
Super should've brought back demon king piccolo instead. Would've made certain B list fighters like piccolo and gohan actually relevant and would give Roshi a reason to get some spotlight instead of le epic nofap joke.

In before powerlevels talk. If freezer and 17 could get a retarded asspull powerboost, so he could had as well.
>>
>>180437721
GT's writing and animation were awful and there's no making up for that. DBS had some pretty low lows, but come on.
>>
>>180432343
Looking back, GT was full of a ton of boring shit, and had some cool concepts and better animation.

Super, while it had edgy shit like "God" level SSJ, 100% flanderized characterization, and ripping off other DB movies, at least tried to give some original characters some respect and screentime and tried to hit some thematic points with certain arcs.

Overall both had ups and downs and I hold them at equal levels. I do not think however that GT is shit by quality of meme alone and Super is lightyears ahead of GT. Both are about the same for me.
>>
>>180440816
Was taking them all the way off really necessary?
>>
>>180441275
>it never got good
The last 3 episodes were brilliant wtf are you talking about
>>
>>180445717
Eh, brilliant overshoots it. They are good.
>>
the first saga of GT is better than the whole DB + DBZ + DBS.

anyone saying the opposite is a brainlet
>>
File: 110897.jpg (69 KB, 900x506)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
I was expecting more Pan in this thread
>>
>>180446824
The first ten minutes of Deadzone are better than the 4th and the 16th episode of GT combined.
>>
>>180432343
no gt pedrito but keep crying
>>
>>180444726
why no naked pan though
>>
>>180450710
Because no one could possibly like let alone be attracted to that brat.
>>
>>180450829
I remember finding Pan Shrine-websites years ago, guess she did have her fans back then.
I still like her.
>>
>>180438380
The reason being GT didn't have braindead gaijin to shower Toei with money while it aired. Super would have done even worse than GT under the same context.
>>
>>180442413
Can you read my mind Anon? That's exactly how I feel about both shows (but I still like super a little more)
>>
>>180437721
>>180432343
Whats wrong with kid goku? And why people seem to hate how Goku got transformed into a kid?
>>
>>180454025
It was a forced attempt to recapture the adventure aspect of Dragonball, which fell flat because he was still as immensely as his adult self, basically.
>>
>>180454025
the whole idea of goku growing up was to evolve his character from a naive child to a batle hardned warrior fighting to protect the new generation
it was LITERALY character development

turning that back is like spiting on dragon ball history
>>
>>180432343
Super is way worse than GT in literally every way.

Mind you I'm not saying GT is even good, just that Super is fucking terrible.
>>
>>180454449
>>180455705
To be fair, goku barely matured at all as an adult. Hell, in some aspects he was even more immature and childish than he was as a kid so pretty much nothing changed for him by becoming a kid.

You guys give adult goku too much credit when he was just a retard battle loving guy whose childish shenanigans should have stayed in his childhood instead of becoming a literal manchild whose body matched his mental and emotional maturity in GT
>>
>>180432343
Been saying this for more than a year, how did you niggers take so long to realize it?
>>
>>180432343
GT was worse.
Everyone saying otherwise hasn't actually watched the series in more than 10 years.
>>
>>180439547
GT made Goku a kid again.
>>
>>180440286
3/4 of GT's episodes are rehashes of other DB content.
Hunt for the Dragon Balls
Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans
Janemba
etc. etc.
>>
File: Super17.png (268 KB, 640x480)
268 KB
268 KB PNG
>>180439179
IMO DBZ should have ended with Frieza (or if Toriyama must have go with the androids saga he should have stick to the original concept instead of "muh infinite energy source" bullcrap), but I must say your analisis is correct and the proof lies in that the only GT arc Zfags seems to like is that utterly retarted SUPER ANDROID 17 saga. They build a robot in hell for fucks sake!
>>
>>180456856
In a cave! With a box of scraps!
>>
>>180450829
Wrong.
>>
>>180456706
Except that you didn't know about Plan to Erradicate the Saiyans back when GT aired, so it wasn't a rehash for majority of the viewers. Possibly same with Janemba plotline.
>>
File: tenor.gif (981 KB, 318x174)
981 KB
981 KB GIF
>>180438739
>character development
>On Super

Ohoho boi, cant wait to hear the punchline!
>>
>>180456706
To be fair, like half of Super's memoral moments off the top of my head are just callbacks to memoral Dragonball/Z moments.
>>
File: jose-500x500.jpg (71 KB, 500x500)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>180444481
>>180436984
>>
>>180457448
You know the supertard logic. Getting new haird dye or having a single focus episode against a no name jobber out of >100 long episodes series is equal to character development.
>>
>>180443359
Let's be realistic here. Super was bad. There's no getting around it - the tone was inconsistent, the story wasn't particularly engaging against the series highlights. the animation was just below average, all the characters were treated badly and it just didn't have that hook.
>>
>>180442413
I had forgotten this. It's true, at the end of Z it's clear that Goku has been a long time without a real battle and they're living in peaceful times. It really doesn't look like they just survived multiversal annihilation and are literal walking gods now.

And they're fucking cramping in there the fucking Broly movie which will possibly add another godlike character to the main cast if he survives. All of this before the end of Z.
Seriously why not just continue from there like GT did? I'm more interested on an older cast, especially Goten and Trunks.
>>
>>180437013
They should've kept making movies instead of shitting on a poo and making it seem like an anime
>>
>>180437721
I remember watching it in the original japanese since we had a japanse channel 75 for some reason in the states. I didn't understand it, but was sad seeing the ending to GT and this opening being played.
>>
>>180437013
I would like to see the rest if the Super arcs adapted into movies. Battle of Gods is probably the best Dragon Ball movie of the lot. Bardock: Father of Goku is better, but that's a TV special.
>>
File: jobubu.webm (2.94 MB, 720x480)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>>
File: climax of the arc.webm (2.84 MB, 720x480)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB WEBM
>>
>>180459027
Pretty much ultrainstinct before ultrainstinct was a thing. Once more toriyama stealing from non-toriyama dragon ball products
>>
>>180450829
A loli is a loli, I would have fapped to her.
>>
File: count da frames.webm (2.87 MB, 720x480)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB WEBM
>>
>>180432343
At least Super made an attempt to make older characters relevant again at the end. GT went even further with cutting out characters. Goku and Pan are the only important ones, and Vegeta too in the last saga. SSJ4 is deviant art tier garbage design.
>>
>>180432343
Super was better .

DB > DBZ pre-buu arc > Super > DBZ buu arc > GT
>>
>>
>>180459144
>Relevant
>Struggles against literal who C list shitters in zero stakes battles not unlike fighting against generic mooks.
>In the goku and vegeta powerhour show with guys who does a thing at the very end
>>
Super was shit because the tournament of power went on for over a literal year. The entirety of GT was barely longer than that.
>>
>>180459117
At least the individual frames look decent. That can't be said about super.

super was a real QUALITY show.
>>
File: nice genralization .webm (2.71 MB, 640x360)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB WEBM
>>180459285
>>
>>180459375
>Tfw that random fight is better than anything in GT
>>
>>180459375
be honest kid. They dangled a few good scenes before your eyes but 90% of it was pure garbage,

It's a generalization, and a correct one. A few exceptions don't change that.
>>
>>180459854
>90%
Sorry but i can't take your shit seriously.
I can post more "exceptions" than you could ever cherrypick.
>>
>>180459854
Pretty much. It is laughable how bad most of the show was besides key battles.

Not like that would be a reasonable answer to super tacos, who would show the few budget eating battles as example of the rule rather than the very unique exceptions they were to the average mediocre animation.
>>
>>180460177
>budget
>>
>125 posts
>65 IPs
No amount of samefagging is going to make GT stop being bottom of the barrel trash.
>>
>>180460514
It is in the bottom of the trash bin, no doubt about it. But super is such a flaming pile of shit that melts the bottom and sinks straight to the planet's core.
>>
>>180459180
Cell looks so ugly
>>
>>180457286
I fucking did, I saw Hatchiayk first in the goddamn Beckett magazines, I had a working computer, and I found out about the OVA while you were still too young to read.

I saw the shitty animelabs subs of the Janemba and Hirudegarn movies with all the swearing.
>>
File: gt cell.webm (2.85 MB, 720x480)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB WEBM
>>180460927
>>
>>180461066
maybe cell shouldn't come back
GT already ruined him
>>
>>180457286
>Except that you didn't know about Plan to Erradicate the Saiyans back when GT aired, so it wasn't a rehash for majority of the viewers.
This is the actual most retarded statement I've seen one of you GTfags try to pull. By the same stretch Super looks like brand new shit to a majority of its target audience.
>>
Above everything else GT did wrong (horrible animation, nonexistent characters, horrible writing) it was just fucking boring. Getting through GT was one of the most difficult slogs I have ever had the misfortune of experiencing.

Super had many flaws as well, possibly even more than GT, but at least it managed to hold my attention throughout. Even at it's lowest points, I was at least motivated to watch the next episode to see what dumbass shit they'll pull out of their ass this time, and god damn it, that's gotta count for something.

I will unironically defend the ToP arc, though. It's not perfect, but it's probably the best the series has ever been since Z ended.
>>
>>180461366
ToP was better than anything GT shat out, but I'd say even Future Trunks was better than it.
>>
File: GT Cucnks.webm (2.34 MB, 537x360)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB WEBM
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>180456856
Zfag who likes GT here, Super 17 is the worst arc in the entire franchise, his design is shit, the fight is mediocre, and I didn't think it was possible to rush an arc that hard that it tops out at like 6 episodes for what is supposed to be one of the main villains of the series
>>
>>
>>
File: gohan jobs in GT.webm (2.91 MB, 720x480)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
>>
>>180461093
absorbing the androids already ruined him years ago
>>
>>
>>
File: Jobber 4.webm (2.84 MB, 720x480)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB WEBM
>>
File: GT-crowd.webm (2.31 MB, 640x480)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB WEBM
>>
File: jobs to ice.webm (2.38 MB, 636x480)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB WEBM
>>
File: VeGTa.webm (2.83 MB, 720x480)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB WEBM
>>
>>
File: Baby.webm (2.82 MB, 720x480)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB WEBM
>>
File: BLACKED beam.webm (2.87 MB, 720x480)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB WEBM
>>
>>180432343
Super is better as a followup, GT has better transformations and some of the themeing is pretty good
>>
>>
File: 1540678803770.png (312 KB, 463x512)
312 KB
312 KB PNG
Are we really pretending GT was good, because Super exists? Super wasn't fantastic by any means, and took the series back quite a few steps, but GT was extremely boring. Characters went no where, arcs ended in very lackluster ways, and the entire thing just was paced so slow. GT isn't awful by any means, in fact it's just mediocre. It did things better than Super, like the art style being very consistent, Goku not degrading as a character, and actually attempting to go forward in time, and SS4 being the coolest super sayain imo.

But still it wasn't actually good. I never got hyped watching GT. I intend to make a video on both series comparing the two soon,
so I'm just braindumping here, thank you for reading my blog
>>
>>180463041
>Super is better as a followup
How? Considering its endgame must lead to the end of Z epilogue it is just plain incompatible with it.

It also powercreeped everything so hard that absolutely nothing outside taking the war to the angels and the baby king could give them a fight. Asspulled godly fighters out of nowhere aside of course as per with Broly.

Only way to give them a new challenger I can see is to go full meta like in Star Ocean 3. You know, reveal the entire multiverse is just the sandbox game of fourth dimensional beings that shits even on baby king and the angels and all. Few things like that bizarre scenario could reasonably be above what was featured in endgame super.
>>
>>180463041
>pink furred weak jobbroni
>good
>>
>>180463255
No one is pretending GT is good. Most people is just saying that Super was such a smelly piece of shit that dethroned GT as the worst dragon ball sequel ever.
>>
>157 replies
>37 pics
>Only 2 Pan posting

COME ON! Where are the Pan pics? I've come just for this!
>>
File: kibyfighter.jpg (30 KB, 1244x700)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
how much of the dragonball universe would lose to Kirby?
>>
>>180463327
>Considering its endgame must lead to the end of Z epilogue
it really doesnt
>>
File: Yuya_Takahashi.png (824 KB, 626x755)
824 KB
824 KB PNG
alright Yamamurocucks
if GT so good, why didn't based Takahashi only worked on Z and Super and why did Shida only did intro animation for GT, not the episodes?
>>
>>180463406
Eh. Super was at least hype as hell sometimes. I never felt as bored as I did watching GT while Goku was playing with the frost vs. frieza and cell. OG Dragon Ball had fun little stupid parts- when GT attempted them it was just boring. To Super's credit, at least the stupid episodes were fun. (Yamcha baseball)
>>
>>180463461
Then it is even less canon than GT. A fanfic tier alternate timeline such as xenoverse and the miscellaneous games one would say.
>>
>>180463568
>fanfiction
>by toriyama
>said to be the followup on several promotions
ok
I'm saying it's fine as a followup but GT had some better elements, I would've rather just seen GT better animated
>>
>no Broly movie
>only reappeared as a jobber cameo in Shit 17
its shit
>>
File: Gohans.png (211 KB, 492x269)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
OH NONONONO
DON'T SHOW GTFAGS THIS
>>
>>180463622
>GT had some better element
rehashing Garlic and Frieza isn't "better"
>>
>>180463473
>Takahashi
>old enough to have worked on Z or GT
(lol
>>
>>180463731
Super also rehashed the shit out of OG and Z dragon ball stuff, even more than GT did.

Both are shit, it's just that super is a greater and much more uninspired shit.
>>
>>180462559
That fucking title, holy shit I laughed.
>>
>>180462697
This webm really encompasses a lot of what was so frustrating about GT. The whole time you're just sitting there shouting at the screen "JUST FUCKING TRANSFORM GOKU" while he jobs in base form.
>>
>>180463731
Garlic wasn't canon from the getgo, he was a movie villain.
>>
>>180463979
Sounds like typical goku shenanigans. Always lowering his guard and fighting at low powerlevels until it is "cool" to go power rangers with colorful hairs on the enemy.
>>
>>180462665
Did he just got hurt by bricks...
>>
>>180462559
>>180462577
>Ey man GT wasn't so ba...
>>
>>180464380
Probably the same principles that applied to SS goku being hurt by a rock or super god blue goku being destroyed by a low level beam.
>>
>>180462785
> Elbows Gohan but not with his spike
> Satan doesn't immediately explode
>>
>>180464467
No. Trunks was fully aware. That's the difference.
>>
>>180464879
And goku was fully aware he was in front of an ultiverse level tyrant and his minions clad with saibaman tier beam guns.
>>
File: .webm (2.81 MB, 640x360)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB WEBM
Is there a single good fight in GT?
Baby vs Goku art is ugly as hell
Super 17 can barely be called animation
Omega vs Gogeta is pathetic

GT fans wank to SS4 desing or are panpedos and think that makes their 64 episode long snorefest better than Super
>>
It is both funny and sad how every criticism given against GT can be applied tenfold to super.
>>
>>180465212
It prettty funny and sad how people can make baseless claims and generalizations about anything and pretend to be taken seriously
>>
>>180433775
>forgetting Young Bulma
fuck you Panfag
>>
>>180465252
Yeah, those delusional super pedros are just like that
>>
>>180465169
They can't imangine defending shonenshit with not a single fight worth watching because you are a boomerfaggot contrairan.
ToP > Baby arc
Caulifla > Pan
>>
File: Gohan wins again.jpg (180 KB, 812x1200)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>180463706
GODhan is strongest when he's in a CANON form.
>>
File: BarryKahnSuperReddit4.jpg (22 KB, 480x360)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>180463536
>To Super's credit, at least the stupid episodes were fun. (Yamcha baseball)
Super's filler episodes were better than literally all of GT's best episodes. Like that time Gohan fought Super Reddit 4.
>>
>>180465501
Both super and GT pales in comparison with god tier filler like Piccolo learning how to drive a car.
>>
>>180432343
I didnt like dragon ball GT but man super its actually shittier by a long shot.
>makes goku a super retard for no reason
>devolves vegeta's personality because why not
>retconning plot related shit left and right
>disregarding simple logic in the fights
>introduces a new transformation that is supposed to be other level shit, becomes useless and overused
>new characters introduced every saga become irrelevant almost immediatly
>goku does everthing. everytime. No one else actually matters.
Etc etc. Its shit
>>
File: trunksvszmas.webm (2.06 MB, 1280x720)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB WEBM
>180461395
>>
>>180465880
>g-goku is a super retard
>old goku never let enemies power up for fun
>old goku never let villains live or propose fighting people for the sake of it
>old goku absolutely never ever never never ever ever put the world in danger for the sake of seeing/being in better fights

you're fucking stupid and i hate you
>>
>>180466163
>super's goku doesnt know what a kiss is because wow so funny *laughs*
>when goku in z made a mistake he actually noticed for example when he healed cell.
>super's goku would have never found out he stepped on his grandpa as an ozaru
>goku in z actually cared about his friends and family he just happened to enjoy fighting in the process
And i hate you too faggot, super is retarded and so are you.
>>
>>180455705
The most mature Goku acted in his whole life was when he fought against Piccolo, since he was aware of what happened if he lost. Everything in his adult life was just a fucking game to him and you can't really call that growing up.
At least in GT he was kinda aware that he was responsible for protecting his granddaughter, while in Super he went full manchild
>>
>>180466317
he didnt fought radditz because he LIKE to fight he fought raditz to save gohan
>>
>>180466313
>i literally cant appreciate comic relief of any kind
>a situation not applicable to super in the same way, yet when his mistakes (such as the instigation of the ToP was brought up he was genuinely upset about it, 'noticing' it
>super's goku would have never found out he stepped on his grandpa as an ozaru
just fucking what
>goku in z actually cared about his friends and family and just happened to enjoy fighting in the process
what about super exactly implies this is different?

You're just another obnoxious 'wah nostalgia' bandwagoner
>>
>>180465586
Super at least has filler episodes that are entertaining.
GT has none.
>>
>>180463706
Gohan being a capsule corp scientist who trains on the side was the best part of GT. I don't like his Super incarnation because it was trying too hard to push the Ultimate Gohan will surpass Goku meme with no avail.
>>
>>180467259
desu gohan should never even have gotten Ultimate, just SS2 but empowered by rage or something
>>
>>180438392
>Presuming that someone isn't retarded in a DBS thread
Cut him some slack.

>>180438380
A butchered English dub, smaller reach, released so soon after DBZ, references to the original DB, and not having a hype/shill machine to back it up. There are plenty of retarded YouTubers making shitty speculation/hype videos or clickbait garbage with normalfag opinions.
>>
>>180457820
As opposed to getting absolutely no development whatsoever?
>>
>>180433799
well said juan
>>
>>180456895
Nice Captain America reference
>>
>>180463846
i enjoyed nothing from Baby and there was nothing potential there
even Reddit Barry was more original than whatever GT has shat out in its butt, especially for a villain parodying ugly GT designs
>>
>>180465427
And he still lost like a faggot
>>
>>180469060
Never lost it in canon.
>>
>>180469679
>Pedro believe this
>>
>people forgetting that Vegito Blue vs Fused Zamasu was just SS4 Gogeta vs Omega Shenron
They're both shit
>>
>>180458460
>especially Goten and Trunks.
Goten and Trunks haven't aged at all during Super despite it in the end only being like 3 years before the end of Z.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.