[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1484534701895.gif (2.01 MB, 325x168)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB GIF
>Ex-girlfriend from years past confesses to you that she terminated a pregnancy one time, and it was yours.
>Pregnancy only lasted 5 weeks before termination.

What would you think/feel?

Not asking for a friend or even myself. Genuinely curious what you lads would feel.
>>
>>18799893
I'm female, and I would never get an abortion (assuming it wasn't the result of rape), so I wouldn't know, but I'd also like to hear some opinions on this.
>>
>>18799893
That she's an admitted murderer and terrible human being
>>
>>18799893
I would have not been ready for a kid. Good on her.
>>
>>18799893
I think “How long did she wait to have an abortion?”
I feel “ What a fucking bitch. Holy shit, why?”
>>
>>18799893
I'd feel nothing because a fetus is like a seed

Is the seed a tree? Do you cry everytime you eat seeds because oh the murder, oh deforestation? Nah dude, not a kid, just a really big cell
>>
I'm curious as to why she terminated it. Did she feel ready to have a kid? Did she not feel ready to have one with me? Why didn't she tell me?

If it turns out she didn't feel ready, I will respect that. If she wasn't ready to have one with me, I will again respect that (after questioning why out of curiosity. Did she think I couldn't handle the responsibility or was I not the kind of guy she'd want a kid with?). If she didn't tell me because she was afraid of my reaction, I will be very concerned with our relationship dynamic. If any girl I am with is afraid of my reaction to something like being pregnant, then there is something wrong with the relationship itself or me specifically.

As for how I'd feel emotionally, probably a little confused (why is she telling me this now?). I wouldn't care all that much because it's her body so keeping the baby is ultimately her choice, and it would have been years ago anyway.
>>
>>18800023
This. It's more a blob of cells than a single one. At 5 weeks it's not even recognizable as human, and had a decent chance of aborting itself anyway -- miscarriages are quite common especially early on. And would you even have been ready for it at the time anyway? Would she? Would your relationship have been? Don't worry about it. If it troubles you now in retrospect, it just means you are ready to start looking for someone to settle down with now. So do that.
>>
>>18799893
Did i want a child with her?
>Yes
Good. I'm not even with her anymore. Bullet dodged.
>No
"...Nigga, so?"
>>
>>18799893
I'd thank her.
What kind of idiot has a kid these days?
>>
>>18799893
thank fucking GOD
>>
>>18800038
any woman who feels 'she is not ready' after 25 should seriously be reconsidering her ideals and goals in life and you should seriously stay away from these types of women as theyll probably come back in 5-10 years after having a somewhat impressive-sounding (albeit very mediocre) accomplishments only to literally throw themselves onto the nearest potential partner to knock them up because they are literally wired genetically for producing offspring and holds so true that it even reflects on how women see and value themselves in society. there are very few women who are an exempt from this and the probability that you are one of them are infinitesimally small.

the only reason we see these women 'not being ready' is mostly because of western society selling skewed ideals and the fact that western men have become so effeminate compared to 70 years ago.
>>
>>18799893
indifferent
she could by lying anyway
>>
>>18799893
Honour killing now. Call all the brothers and the cousins for a meeting tonight.
>>
>>18799893
I would hate her more than I already do. Of course, I'm picturing the ex that cheated on me, broke up with me, got engaged with the dude she cheated on me with, then cheated on THAT dude, got pregnant, and showed up to tell me that she was pregnant, and that if I didn't get back together with her cheating ass, she was going to abort it.

She texted me the pictures of it in the toilet. Shit haunted me for years.
>>
>>18799893
>What would you think/feel?
Had it happen, it didn't bother me, it was too late for it to bother me, being upset changes nothing.
If you broke up with them there was a reason, it's better that you're not together for the sake of a kid.
>>
>>18800918
The dirty whore would have never gotten away with this under Sharia law.
>>
File: liam 3.jpg (121 KB, 1147x1037)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>18800923
It also wouldn't have helped shape me into the person I am today, and I love that person.

I don't spend time feeling regret. I don't even think about her anymore, unless the subject of abortion comes up. I'm happily married to a woman who chose to go homeless with me before marriage, and live out of a car, surviving off packets of ramen noodles and truck stop showers for a brutal winter, I work a job that I love and excel at (and make damned fine money doing), and I've become a much more empathatic person, having purchased plane tickets for Venezuelans to get out of the country, donating fresh food to food pantries, and even saving this little guy from a couple of "urban youths," who had broken his leg and were in the process of duct taping fire crackers to him.

You never know who you are until you've hit adversity and overcome it.
>>
>>18800931
Good on you OP it takes guts to get over these things. May you have beautiful children.
>>
>>18800932
I'm not OP.
>>
>>18800932
Didn't mean to sound like a dick in my first response. Thank you.
>>
>>18800935
Yah I forgot you weren't OP lol
>>
>>18799893
OP, 5months is too early, I think you shouldn't be bothered at all and noe should you bother her.
>>
>>18800023
You are judging the worth of a fetus based on utility.
>>18800040
And you are judging the worth of a fetus based on its similarity to the appearance of a human. I approve of abortion in the case of rape, but you two present very superficial reasons for your beliefs.
>>
I'd thank her profusely and offer to pay for it
>>
>>18800931
so you're an insane piece of shit?
>>
>>18799893
>Ex-girlfriend
>Ex

bullet dodged then.
>>
>>18799893
Been there done that.
>Meet amazing chinese college girl
>Have wild sex
>Constantly dump hot loads into her
>Go home while keeping in contact with her
>Come back and notice she has an odd relationship with her friend
>Stuff like rushing to her for minor comforts during the girls period
>Turns out my gf was prego with my kid the whole time and was scared to tell me
>She was afraid I would not come back if I knew
>If her parents found out they would disown her
>The girl turned out to be rich and paid for my gfs abortion
>Now my gf is in debt to her and afraid that this girl could pull the trigger on her social life at any moment by letting others know she had an abortion
>I am rocked by this and had no idea
>I would have paid for everything if she just asked
>End up breaking up soon after because the relationship just changed
>I made this girl get an abortion at 19
Fast forward 2 years
She wants me back no idea why.
>>
>>18801508
>made this girl get an abortion

pretty sure she chose to have unprotected sex herself.
>>
>>18801526
Chinese girls are a bit naive sexually and emotionally around that age compared to the average woman. It has to do with the culture and education system. Regardless I was a bit older at the time and should have taken proper steps to make sure I did not have a chinese child for both of us. I fucked a lot of things up because her body turned me into an animal and I could not control myself.
>>
>>18801532
re: why she wants you back, you were probably her first and may still be the only man she's been with. you've left a permanent mark on her. most women never really get over their first.
>>
>>18801535
I know after me she had one other boy friend I have not found the heart to ask if they had sex. I know I have had sex with way more women in this time span but it still hurts a bit to think about.
>>
>>18801535
>most women never really get over their first.
same goes for men desu
>>
>>18801544
forget about PC bullshit. when women have sex they're tainted. when men have sex they've proven their worth. that's the reality that both women and men subconsciously all agree on and on an anonymous imageboard there's no sense in upholding current cultural delusions about it.

the fact that you went on to have sex with other girls means you're attractive, this actually makes her more likely to still want you.

if she fucked someone else, and is an idiot when it comes to protection, then she might have caught something or had a second abortion or whatever. this makes her less desirable than she was before.

>>18801549
I don't think so. what makes you say that?
>>
>>18801549
I'm way over my first an literally never think about her and got over her as soon as I got another girl friend(Which was before we even broke up). She was quite a fucking bitch.
>>
>>18801554
P.S. I should have emphasized that differently. the key difference is that women can get pregnant, so a woman who has sex is always somewhat likely to be pregnant by another man and thus less attractive.
>>
>>18801535
LOL
do guys actually think this?
>>
>>18799893
I would feel betrayed. Even if i didnt want a kid, it would still hurt
>>
>>18799893
I'd be annoyed that she didn't at least tell me. Preferably I'd like her to ask for my opinion even if she doesn't follow it, since it's something that concerns us both. But ultimately, it's not a big deal. I'd think "meh" and feel hardly anything
>>
Would not care too much beyond the fact that she saw fit to hide it instead of letting me know. Takes my opinion of what has been a notch down, but better than ending up married to a girl who thinks like that.
>>
>>18799893
I would thank her for doing .The sane,rational, responsible thing and not putting us in dire straits , by ruining any chance we had of ever achieving our dreams .
>>
I'd be upset at first but then I would ask her about it and come to the conclusion that it was probably for the best because we are too young to have babies.

Now fast forward seven years when I am 30 and I would be angry.
>>
>>18799893
There was no reason for her to bring it up other then to hurt you. Distance yourself from your ex.
>>
honestly would be relieved. I despise children and the thought of having one is the stuff of nightmares for me.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.