[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: MEAN-3[1].png (226 KB, 400x287)
226 KB
226 KB PNG
My friends talk shit about my gf all the time. They criticize her for everything, from the things she does, to the people she hangs out with, to the way she acts and to the things she posts on social media. They even talk shit about her looks. They even make fun at the fact the she supposedly cuts herself (which I don't know if it's completely true). Obviously, I tell them to stfu, but no matter what I say, they won't stop. My gf already kinda knows that they don't really like her. Have any of you experienced anything similar? Also, what should I do?
>>
>>18817491
ignore them they're virgins and tell them tha too.

Just say, "you guys are literally just jealous."
>>
Ignore them and continue dating girl.
>>
>>18817493
That's what I tell them. I tell them that they're just jealous..but that LITERALLY does not stop them. That doesn't seem to affect them at all
>>
>>18817502
First of all, why do you have shitty friends OP? And why would you support that behavior?
>>
>>18817495
This desu
>>
Well maybe your friends don't like her and want you to break up with her. They think you can do better. Obviously you disagree so this can cause conflict.

I think you should at least consider that SOMETIMES they might have a point.

Otherwise just deal with it or hang out with them less.
>>
>>18817509
How the hell do I support this behavior?
>>
>>18817502
sounds like they're honestly shitty friends
I'd probably hang out a lot less with them
now of course they will blame that too on your gf and say that she's limiting your time with them etc. but you're just gonna have to tell them that they're being dick and you don't like being around them anymore (if that's the case)
>>
Sounds like you have to choose one or the other based on the assholes you hang out with.
>>
You're going to have to get drastic OP, and I'm not saying this lightly. Your friends are being proper cunts, and you need to make this, quite literally, painfully clear. You need to resolve to respond to the next guy who talks bad about her by jacking him in the fucking jaw. When they start to mouth off, warn them. Don't make an empty threat. Next cross word out of their mouth, you slug him in the face and leave. If the others get irate, tell them you're not going to tolerate their bullshit anymore and if they don't want to get slugged too they need to keep their bullshit to themselves.

Sorry it's come to this, OP.
>>
>>18817491
you must be at least 18 to use this site

theyre probably jealous that you get laid on the regular and they do not
>>
>>18817512
By hanging out with shitty people
>>
>>18817491
>My friends talk shit about my gf all the time
that is very rude and immature
>>
>>18817576
lol no shit
>>
>>18817512
because you aren't drawing effective boundaries.
your friends have shit all over your girlfriend to the point that youre coming online to deal with it.
at this point, you need to tell them that their comments are unacceptable or not tolerable.
if they continue, then leave the situation.

"Hey OP your girlfriend is an edgelord. did she cut herself today? har har dumb faggotry."
"Anon, I would appreciate it if you don't degrade my girlfriend in my presence. It's not cool bruh."
"blah blah keeps saying shit"
"you may find that funny, but I do not. Let's change the subject."
"blah blah your girlfriend is a bitch instagram ho other guy insults."
"OK, since you don't want to change the subject from the inefficiencies of my girlfriend, I'll be leaving now."
"Oh come on OP you're going to be a faggot pussy whipped bitch and leave?"
"I asked you multiple times not to degrade my girlfriend, and you are not able to respect my wishes so I am removing myself from the situation where you are free to spend all the time you like talking shit about her since you find it so terribly amusing."
then turn on your heel in a Niles Crane huff and leave.
>>
>>18817582
so the obvious solution is to ditch your friends
they sound like shitty people
>>
Also, what should I tell my gf about all this, if she ever asks?
>>
>>18817609
you and my friends don't really see eye to eye, and i'm sorry about that. I wish things were different. let's try to make some gay-ass couple friends who can go out together and have dinner parties with
>>
>>18817598
So if i don't leave, would that be disrespectful to my gf
>>
>>18817491
> the people she hangs out with, to the way she acts and to the things she posts on social media
This sometimes has some merit. If she is showing red flags, pay attention.

But
>They even talk shit about her looks.
Tells me you got a gf and they envy you, and they're trying to drag you back down with them by making you split up. If that's the case, as long as you actually pay attention to see if any of their criticisms are legitimate, then you may have to distance yourself from your friends.
>>
>>18817598
>find that funny, but I do not. Let's change the subject."
>"blah blah your girlfriend is a bitch instagram ho other guy insults."
>"OK, since you don't want to change the subject from the inefficiencies of my
I'm really sorry like really
but you dont talk like that when you get shit on, you sounds like a faggot lol
>>
>>18817598
What the fuck, you autist?
Proper version here.

"Hey OP your girlfriend is an edgelord. did she cut herself today? har har dumb faggotry."
"You don't talk like that about/to her. Learn to make respectful conversion or this friendship is over."
"blah blah keeps saying shit"
"I guess you aren't worth my time then, bye , loser(s)."
"Hey, you weren't like that before..."
"Now, I am."

After this you simply leave.
>>
>>18817491
Well it's either one of two things:

1. You have shit mates.
2. You actually have a shit gf.

My best friend is dated a 2/10 whale who's personality as interesting as paint drying. Oh course I crticize her for his sake, he can do so much better but doesn't because he's never had any other girl.
>>
>>18817491
They probably think your girlfriend is shit and bad for you but you're too pussy whipped to see
It's only when you get out of the loveless relationship after years and you find that she's effectively driven a wedge between you and everyone else you know that it makes sense.

Same thing happened with my buddy; ended up marrying the slut and found out she'd been cheating on him a month after. She didn't like us at the house drinking and smoking so we just plain stopped going over there. When dude finally dropped her he had to move back in with mom and dad at 27 because he'd effectively alienated everyone else that gave even a tiny fuck about him.
>>
>>18819259
Yep. It's exactly like the Ferris Bueller quote: "Cameron has never been in love - at least, nobody's ever been in love with him. If things don't change for him, he's gonna marry the first girl he lays, and she's gonna treat him like shit, because she will have given him what he has built up in his mind as the end-all, be-all of human existence. She won't respect him, 'cause you can't respect somebody who kisses your ass. It just doesn't work."

OP just doesn't see it.
>>
Can y'all stop projecting your personal life on OP?
>>
>>18817491
they sound like shitty friends. You might just need to put your foot down and risk ruining the mood.

> "Okay, I get it, you hate my girlfriend. Believe it or not, I actually like her and don't like you guys saying shit about her all the time, so could you shut the fuck up about it? It's fucking obnoxious."

I mean you really have no choice other than just ditching them or being blunt/rude. If they give a shit about you as a friend they should respect you.
>>
>>18817491

She is a whore OP.

She is cheating on you.

Your friends don't want to tell.
>>
>>18818818
yes, very disrespectful. Would you want her to hang around people who constantly said that kind of shit about you?

>>18818866
This is literally how functional adults conduct themselves in society. If someone is being a dick, they deserved to be called out on their shit. There's a line between friendly banter/picking on your friends and straight up being disrespected.
>>
>>18817529
This lol also is she fat?
>>
>>18819293
this. how would you expect your girlfriend to respond if she hung out with a bunch of catty bitches who constantly shit on you and made fun of you for (of all things) self harm? that's pretty fucked up whether they made it up or not.

definitely consider what they say, but i've had so-called friends who actively tried to fuck up my good relationship because i was spending less time with them. this is more likely to happen if you're at a transition age like right as you're entering/leaving college and your friends are in a different life stage than you.
>>
Ok honestly man just fight one of them.
The nice thing about being a guy is that you can get super pissed and challenge one of your bros to a fistfight and then you fight a bit and even if you lose it doesn't hurt that bad and then you are friends after and can drink a beer.

Also fistfghting with your friends builds character and your girlfriend will find out secondhand from someone else and she'll be super turned on and suck your dick for DAYS
>>
Just read the rest of this thread. You all need to stop telling OP to ditch his friends. Why should he ditch his friends just because they are ripping on his girlfriend.

Just fight one of them OP it's better than losing all your friends. Fighting will make you better friends men like to do fistfights.
>>
>>18819300
No, she’s not fat
>>
>>18817491
What a cuck!
>>
>>18819504
...why?
>>
>>18819504
Explain
>>
>>18817491
Your friends are probably right desu
Trust your bros before your hoes
>>
>>18817491
>she supposedly cuts herself (which I don't know if it's completely true).
Yoooou should probably find out about that.
>>
>>18819421
Because only shitty friends would do this.

Who wants shitty friends?
>>
>>18819574
How should I bring it up to her?
>>
OP Im in the same situation (they are being less of a douche than your 'friends' though) and what happens is I make sure my gf feels like I am on her team. Let her know that you came to the realization that they are faggots and you are about to tell them. If you love her you will have to do that or she will feel like you are not on her side
>>
>>18817491
your friends are assholes.

{serious)Relationships>Friends always. One you plan your future, your family, and the others are assholes.

The decision shouldn't be that hard here.
>>
>>18820310
bad advice,

good friends are always > relationships

OP's friends could be good or bad, we don't know enough in detail about his girl to know this, however
>>
Maybe she sucks
>>
>>18820529
You would put your friends over someone you plan to have a family with?

>>
>>18820529
Trust me, she’s a good person. My friends are in the wrong here
>>
>>18820623
how bluepilled can you get
>>
>>18820680
how single are you?
>>
>>18820734
I have a gf and I'm willing to bet she's more attractive than anyone you've ever had sex with
>>
>>18820748
>he's more attractive than anyone you've ever had sex with
As simple as a mind can get.
>>
>>18817491
Sorta depends on whether they criticizing her because they honestly see something wrong with her and think she's bad for you, or just shitting on her because they are dicks.

Your comments on whether or not you're sure if it's true that she cuts herself make me think that you've got emotional blinders on, and can't objectively see this girl for the potential trouble she is. Cutting is never a good sign, and it feels like you're trying to ignore warning signs.

My basic rule is this: If one or two people that care about you don't like your partner, it's likely just sour grapes. If the majority of the people in your life don't like your partner, then there's likely a problem.

Ultimately it's your life, and your choice. If you really think this girl is incredible and your friends are being jerks for no reason, then you need to tell them to fuck off and deal with your choices. But when everyone is telling you something, you may want to at least listen to what they are saying.
>>
>>18820310
Unless his friends are right...
>>
>>18820767
I listen to them...and believe me all they do is say a bunch of bullshit. They talk about my gf and our relationship. They act as if they know everything, but they NEVER had a gf
>>
>>18817491
theyre probably just jealous of her, i would stop talking to those people if you have respect for your gf
>>
>>18821171
Like I said..I don't think they're too jealous

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.