[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: pepefroggie[1].jpg (36 KB, 800x450)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
My cousin who is in his late 20s was recently diagnosed with leukemia. What do I need to know, and how serious is this form of cancer?
There is no history in the family and he doesn't smoke, but he works at a gas station which I've read that it could be related.
>>
>>19665424
>leukemia
Hes already gone

If its work induced, sue the motherfuckers to pay for medical bills.
>>
>>19665424
My stepdad got leukemia. He died within a year.
>>
>>19665424

It's one of the most serious: it's blood cancer, so it spreads over the whole body and often has follow-up cancers show up even if initial chemo treatment is succesful

They are loads better at treating it now than just 10 years ago, so he has a fighting chance
>>
bump

need as much info as possible
>>
bump
>>
What can we say? It's just a matter of finding the right treatment and if it will be effective.

It's hard anon, but all cancers are serious. You have to prepare yourself for the inevitable and hope your cousin could be this. I wish my words could heal but it can't. I'm sorry anon, but if you guys are close he needs you. You will have to be strong for him, he's living in a nightmare now.
>>
>>19665424
Which type of leukemia? Certain types are fairly survivable (high 50 - 60% chance) in younger people.
>>
>>19665859
He doesn't know yet. He'll get more results tomorrow. Hope it's not AML.
>>
>>19665884
What I hope is that your cousin can beat it.
>>
>>19665424
you get 50/50 odds if you're young generally.

Sucks he drew the short straw. Hopefully he wins the coin toss. Tell him a lot of it is in your mind. Staying positive helps quite a lot with survival. People who want to die and give up will very likely die.
>>
>>19665424
My mother's colleague had a bone marrow transplant in UK done, he survived and no longer has leukemia. He now lives a normal life
>>
My granddad got it at 2002, died in 2017. As far as I know he wasn't explicitly treated until last year. Maybe I don't know something.
>>
>>19665424
Here's a wild, off-the-wall idea.

Instead of asking a board of teenage dweebs, why not try googling leukemia and reading some of the authoritative articles that come up?
>>
>>19666520
I already did that. I just wanted some personal advice.
>>
File: stress.jpg (239 KB, 1107x1231)
239 KB
239 KB JPG
>>19667505
>>19665424
Here you go
>>
I don't know much about it, but my boss has it. He seems to be doing ok for the most part.
>>
bump

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.