[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: rodger.png (771 KB, 770x732)
771 KB
771 KB PNG
> Women have only ever lied to me, broke my heart, and played mind-games
> When they aren't doing that, they just pretend I don't exist
> I hate them but I hate myself more. That's what's stopped me going full Elliot Rodger mode
> How do I get over this?
>>
>>19766660
>Women have only ever lied to me, broke my heart, and played mind-games
Do you have an example of this
>>
>>19766675
Female relatives who have abused my trust. Girls who have strung me along and not been upfront about how they really feel until it was too late.
>>
>>19766681
Girls who never saw you as anything but a friend while you convinced yourself they are into you.
>>
>>19766709
Yes. Girls who kept me around as a beta orbiter. Said they weren't ready for a bf but secretly they never had any intention of dating me.
>>
If you become that person you will have proved them right.

Prove them wrong.

Make something of yourself.
>>
>>19766715
>Girls who kept me around as a beta orbiter.
Only a true beta orbiter would blame the fact that he doesn't have the balls to manage his own relationships on other people. No one "kept" you around doing anything. You voluntarily did it because you don't have a spine.
>>
>>19766727
I accept I'm partly to blame for being a sucker, but she still should've had the decency to be honest about her feelings instead of taking me for a ride.
>>
>>19766660
By not attaching your happiness to them.
>>
My mother was also an addict who told me time and time again that she would get clean. Swore on everything under the sun but she let me down every time.
>>
>>19766732
Try looking at it from the girls perspectives, they were probably only trying to be kind and spare your feelings, not knowing and/or thinking how it could back-fire in the long run.
>>
>>19766732

listen to the person trying to save your life
>>
>>19766743
Getting rid of an addiction is always easier said then done.
>>
you dont, its good fuel for sex and they love being hatefucked
>>
>>19766715
>secretly
If a girl has rejected you in any way it's final. If you are not dating she is not interested in you. Move on.
>>
>>19766769
She didn't reject me as such, just kept saying I was a "great guy" but she "wasn't ready for a bf". Next thing you know she's hooked up with some guy. I get it, she wasn't into me like that but she should've told me in the first place.
>>
>>19766777
Sweet lies are easier to tell then bitter truths
>>
So far I have not hated a prostitute
>>
When I see couples together I sometimes get filled with a murderous rage. What's so unique about that guy that he can earn your affection but not me?
>>
>>19766825
Figure it out and then be like him.
>>
>>19766777
I learned in my early teens that outright telling a guy that you're not interested in him is a bad idea. Too many guys will get angry and scream that you're a fat ugly pig if you're honest. Once I had a guy asking me why I wasn't interested in him and that he promised to not get mad at my answer. He was only looking for constructive criticism because no girls were into him. He seemed like a gentle enough guy I told him truthfully that his poor hygiene was a huge dealbreaker. Aaaand he blew up and called me a stuckup ugly bitch. Yeah, fuck that.
>>
>>19766850
I can understand that but I honestly wouldn't have given this girl shit. I'd have been upset, naturally, but in the long-run it would've spared me more pain. I think it's somewhat cowardice because girls don't want to deal with confrontation.
>>
Rather than becoming a sociopath just go monk or mgtow.
You can discuss or complain about woman but nobody in that community gives a damn if your getting woman or not.
>>
>>19766846
But there are all kinds of different guys with gfs. What's the secret?
>>
>>19766865

they dont owe you anything

why should women help you
>>
>>19766890
It's not about being owed anything, it's about people being honest with each other instead of stringing others along because they're too gutless to tell the truth.
>>
File: 1521203901304.jpg (99 KB, 786x826)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>19766660
>it's another "women held a gun at my head and forced me to have expectations" thread
>>
>>19766865
>I honestly wouldn't have given this girl shit
How do you know for sure? I tell myself that too but I don't know how I would react in the moment.
>it's somewhat cowardice because girls don't want to deal with confrontation
True, but I think it's more of a fear of being rude and hurting a guy's feelings than a fear of violence.
>>
>>19766870
>Secret
Most likely they just talked to the girls and asked them out, while not being a raging sperg.
>>
>>19766942
I don't approach girls because I know they'll instantly see through me and reject any advances.
>>
>>19766963
What do you mean see through you?
>>
>>19766965
They'll see I'm a beta who isn't worth their time.
>>
>>19766978
Well that's your own fault isn't it? Do something about it.
>>
>>19767009
>Do something
Inspired advice. Like what? You can't fight who you are.
>>
>>19767015
>You can't fight who you are.
Yes you can.
>>
>>19766732
You are right anon.
Just ignore women apologists
>>
>>19767017
Nope. If we could the world would be a much better place.

Women hate guys like me. No, correction, hate suggests a strong emotional response. They're indifferent to guys like me. We're beneath their notice unless they think they can get something out of us (like attention or flattery).
>>
>>19767028
You are hopeless. Instead of wanting to self-improve you only want to whine.
>>
>>19767041
Yes, you're right. I should've heeded the ingenious advice of "Do something about it". If only I had thought of that!
>>
>>19767045
Clearly you do not want to do something about it. Nothing we can do when whining and being a bitter loser is what you want.
>>
>>19767109
If you can give me some actual educated advice on how to overcome my misogyny, I'll take it.
>>
>>19767112
Thought not.
>>
>>19766753
This is bullshit, cowardly, thoughts only a woman is capable of. If you're not into someone you have to fucking tell them because "sparing your feelings" is 1000x worse than just saying "sorry i don't like you that way". Stop making excuses for shit women and their cowardly lies you faggot
>>
>>19767112
Honestly? Go to a counselor with the desire to change. Then, be willing to work at it, and you will be actively working on it, to change with their help. Corrective thinking feels like lying to yourself for a long time, but eventually, with dedication, you will start thinking about women more normally.

Note: the first thing they're going to have you do is remove yourself from any and all sites that are poisoning your mind. And they'll be right.
>>
you dont. its completely justified.
>>
>>19767218
Ok, I'll do that...

PSYCH!

You just typed that for nothing. There's nothing abnormal about hating women they when they've treated you like shit all your life.
>>
>>19767233
You know, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. I was in a 7-year relationship with an abusive woman. To this day, I struggle with intimacy, with trust, with being left alone for a long period of time. It isn't easy to deal with at any point. Several years later, I still go to bed crying about it, hating her, hating myself, missing her. The only reason I'm able to still talk to women, albeit uncomfortably, is because I've had counseling and didn't drink the KoolAid to become an even more bitter shell of man.

So spare me your woe is me victim complex, you double nigger. You want to not hate women? Then you've got to work for it, just like any other victim of trauma.
>>
>>19767262
Why are you still trying to talk to women when one has stung you like that?
>>
>>19767348
Because if I give up, that means she still owns me, controls me, and hurts me from possibly a thousand miles away. She took away everything good in my life and from me for 7 fucking years. I'm not going to let her do that to me, in my own head, for any longer. It's that simple.
>>
>>19767353
They’re all the same dude. I wouldn’t waste your time.
>>
>>19767393
OP you are the definition of cowardice.
>>
>>19767399
How’d you figure, boy?
>>
>>19766660
Through understanding of human nature.

Hate is such a stupid waste of resources.
>>
>>19767393
This is why you need counseling. I used to think like this, but after I decided I was done being upset with what was done to me and was ready to change, counseling helped me kick this kind of irrational thinking.

I can tell you're not ready, OP, but maybe one day you might be. Only you can decide when you're sick of being a victim and ready to become a survivor.
>>
>>19767592
You had one bad experience, that must be why you still have hope.

I’ve been failed by every woman in my life.
>>
>>19767602
No anon, I only shared with you one of my experiences. I understand you need to be the "bigger" victim in your head because you only know how to mentally process conflict through a victim complex. But that will not change what is true, which is that you have all the power you need inside of you to drive yourself to a better future, to recover, to be a survivor of your trauma as so many others have, whenever you are ready to believe it.

That being said, I will not let you mitigate what I have gone through.
>>
>>19767617
You’re the one acting like he has the monopoly on victimhood, not me. Give me a reason why I shouldn’t hate women when all they’ve ever done is betray and manipulate me?
>>
>>19767677
Because it doesn't help you. It feels cathartic, but you feel even shittier in the end.
>>
>>19767691
Not as shitty as swallowing false hope and being exploited again and again.
>>
>>19767700
Maybe just stop being retarded then?
>>
>>19767703
Make your mind up.
>>
>>19767677
Because you're unhappy now. If you're unhappy doing nothing, and have even the slightest chance of becoming happy by working on yourself, than that is, logically, worth the risk. At worst, you continue to be unhappy as you are now. At best, you become happy.

This is why counseling is an important component. They'll help get you to that happiness, when you're willing to try for it, as opposed to you floundering in the dark with your own issues and perceptions weighing you down.
>>
>>19767710
I tried therapist. Thought seeing a female therapiat might help, but she just spun me the usual yarn about there being good women out there etc.
>>
>>19767717
You need to see a counselor, not a therapist.
>>
>>19767719
What’s the difference?
>>
>>19767721
It depends on your state, to be honest. A therapist is a protected title in some states, whereas it is not in others. Therapists, as a general rule, have more medical training, but they are often more expensive and more "by-the-book," as it were. Counselors have less medical training but are cheaper and often are open to more possible modes of therapy than say, a therapist who specializes only in cognitive therapy and only ever does that.

I personally recommend counselors over therapists because they are, in my experience, more willing to work with you personally rather than feed you canned therapy bullshit. Plus, they definitely do not have the medical licensing for diagnosing or giving you pills, so instead of them trying to label you and medicate you as their focus, they will instead be more interested in just working with you to make you less miserable. Not saying diagnosing and pills are necessarily bad, but. They work.

Now, my recommendation is to find a counselor who specializes in abuse. If you don't trust women, your counselor should be male. He should be older than you, so he has more life experience and practice experience, but not more than 10 to 15 years older, so you can relate with him and he can relate with you back.

Another perk for counselors is that since they are cheap and more abundant than therapists, if you don't feel you click after three sessions, and if you're open and honest and tell him that he's not the one, but as he's talked to you, if he might have a recommendation for who might be a better fit, they'll normally oblige. You might jump through a few counselors to find one that "gets" you. That's normal.
>>
We have this thread every fucking week. Can't you queers just make a general already and spare us?

If you think women are bad, the first death of a loved one is going to fuck you up beyond all compare.
>>
First time posting in this thread btw, just in case u mix me up with someone else you've been talking to

>>19767677
>Give me a reason why I shouldn’t hate women when all they’ve ever done is betray and manipulate me?

Holding onto anger only hurts you. Likewise as cliche at it sounds, not all women are like that. I mean yeah so far I've definitely noticed that I've been friends with some girls and it felt like they only liked having me around because of the compliments I'd give them (even as just as friend) or because I'd make them laugh but that would be about it. It just means you haven't found the right one yet.

>>19767700
>Not as shitty as swallowing false hope and being exploited again and again.

As much as it might pain you to admit, swallowing false hope is a problem on your own end. In general getting attatched to any one girl while you're young is playing with fire, especially if you've never even dated the girl before and you just ended up being good friends with her. Or if she was a good friend to start out but then you ended up developing feelings for her. Regardless, getting to caught up in one girl or putting them on a pedestal is playing with fire and does a lot of damage to you especially when you don't actually have a chance with them.

I've had a friendship where she invited me and some friends to get chicken wings on my birthday. She bought me a gift for my birthday after I got everyone a little something for christmas. When our squad hung out one christmas break we went ice skating, and the setting was nighttime and romantic and when we unlatched arms it was very slow. one time she invited me over with some friends and she just left a bra hanging in the bathroom that i came across the morning after. She always supported me and we had deep talks sometimes so I get the blurred lines and frustration towards being lead on but ultimately if you're not officially dating the girl, investing too many feelings is your own mistake.
>>
>>19767677
They haven't betrayed and manipulated you. You only lie to yourself that they have in order to absolb yourself of your own faults and mistakes.
>>
>>19766675
Wait a minute are you seriously suggesting he's lying? Pretty much all men who have known women have had experiences like that.
>>
>>19767856
He's just seeing reality distorted from his own bubble where he is perfect and did everything right
>>
>>19766660
>> Women have only ever lied to me, broke my heart, and played mind-game
Welcome on earth were cruaulty rule
>> When they aren't doing that, they just pretend I don't exist
Because they have no reason maybe ?
>> I hate them but I hate myself more. That's what's stopped me going full Elliot Rodger mode
Hate is not a terminal feeling, you should be able to use lessons learn from the past..
>> How do I get over this?
You fucking man up and focus on real goals, the rest will come along the way
>>
>>19767867
>You fucking man up

This is actually the best advice for most threads desu
>>
>>19767858
No you're seeing it from your own distorted bubble where women are perfect and men always cause everything bad, this view is why women end up doing bad shit in the first place. Serious how can you be so annoying about 'considering other perspectives and not making assumptions' and do the complete opposite yourself the second someone says something that conflicts with your worldview?
>>
>>19767875
100% but we still need to discuss the fact that women never follow any of that advice and think they have a right to abuse us with impunity
>>
>>19767858
>>19767887

yeah both sides here are true. There's definitely scenarios in which it's entirely the guys fault and scenarios where the girl is blatantly stringing the guy along because she herself is indecisive. There's also definitely scenarios where it's a bit of both. we dont know for sure because OP isn't really giving us much to work with. but you can't outright deny the other side of the coin
>>
>>19767901
You're basically assuming he's making all this up, that's not how this is supposed to work. Unless you know how to sift through the bullshit and give him real advice about how he's living you're just being a cunt.

Anyway, yes men do a lot of bad shit but women do it way more often and thoughtlessly. The notion that men do subtle things that cause women to chimp out is almost never applied the other way around, we are held responsible for our own actions as well as their's and they hold no responsibility at all.
>>
>>19766660
Realize that women are people, just as complex and with just as many flaws as you. They were dealt a different hand, not out of choice, with different pros and cons, some of which you can't see as they can't see yours.
>>
>>19766715
That's just being friends, the one who chose to be a beta orbiter is you.
>>
>>19767914
>You're basically assuming
>you're just being a cunt.

im being a cunt by being a middle person in one person blaming women and the other blaming the boys in a situation that we know next to nothing about? fuck off

i dont care about your generalizations on "its mostly the girls fault" or "its mostly the boys fault". you're the one being a cunt by trying to draw your conclusion based on generalizations when these things are a case-by-case basis.
>>
>>19768024
You are a cunt if you automatically respond to anyone asking for help by gaslighting them, if that's how you handle your real life relationships then you're gonna die alone. It's well established in psychology and just basic civility that you need to give some credit to the person you're listening to and don't pull out every little subversive pseudo-intellectual trick to show how cool and level-headed you are.
>>
File: judge thots.png (766 KB, 638x487)
766 KB
766 KB PNG
You are doing Gods work anon
>>
>>19768040
first off, I was >>19767800 so

second, you have said;
>It's well established in psychology and just basic civility that you need to give some credit to the person you're listening to

in a response to which i said;
>yeah both sides here are true.
>but you can't outright deny the other side of the coin

i was in a good mood so i decided to try to chime in and give my insights on a conflict so i could help people not to try to "pull out every little subversive pseudo-intellectual trick to show how cool and level-headed you are". You are being so delirious right now it's a shame that you can't even see how much of a projector you're being
>>
>>19768390
Fucking god tier
>>
>>19766660
You don't. You don't even want to; this whole thread is there so you can topple in your victimhood and wallow in the misery of a beta incel trash. I'm a woman, but I used to be in your position. I'm not very social or attractive and don't put out easily, so finding a guy was always difficult. I wasted 5 years waiting for my guy friend to fall for me. I dedicated my life to make it work, and whenever I discussed romantic relationship with him, he gave me some shitty excuse. Difficult major, no time, busy with work, it's not the right moment. He was worse than your girl, because he actually told me that he reciprocates my feelings just to keep me around and have my devotion and support. Then one day I he told me told me that it won't work. Two weeks later he started dating some cardio bunny.
Another guy I dated promised me happy marriage and kids. Turned out he was cheating on me with multiple women pretty much from the day one. Another guy I dated was a gambler who hit me when I found out he's been stealing from me and asked him to stop.
You would think these guys were white trash, but in fact they are upper-middle class, affluent and educated. I have rotten luck with men. My dad is okay, but my brothers psychologically abused me for years when we were kids. But I don't hate men in general, I'm not retarded enough to assume that half of population is malicious, violent and fake. I just hate bad men. If you can't arrive at the same conclusion on your own, consult a therapist, psychologist, counsellor, whatever. I used to hate myself too, but therapy helped with that. And with low self-esteem.
>>
>>19766715
Let go of your entitled attitude. You don't get to pick and choose who will want you.
>>
>>19767112
Get a job. And not stocking shelves like you have right now. A real big boy job where business casual is the minimum attire. If you're some NEET retard which you probably are, hit the books and go to community college at least for an AA or AS.
Get some hobbies. You're not some bland fuckup with no interest in anything besides crying right? Like art? Take some classes. Like cooking? Same thing. You get it?
Try to take pride in your appearance. Shower, shave, groom, don't look like the sadsack you are. Wear nice fitting, at least semi-fashionable clothes. No autism shoes and hoodies.
Go to the gym. It's not like you'll suddenly "be confident bro" but it'll instill at least a modicum of self-discipline into your pathetic life and it will improve your posture at the very least. You probably walk with shoulders slumped and head down right now.
Read books. Learn things. Get some kind of education. Seek out things you enjoy and find happiness in them. As you become more happy with yourself others will want to be around you.
Stop being a faggy little bitch basically. Did you not have a father growing up?
>>
>>19766660
Have you ever consider maye girls abused you because you let them?

Like, if you had been as weak around men they would have abused you too?
>>
>>19767171
This reaction is why they aren't more honest with y'all. Bitching like a beta in a sea full of chads lol
>>
Also because y'all, like, kill women when they reject y'all, so maybe get a therapist and get your shit worked out before you try to shove it on to somebody else's plate

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.