[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Damaged-goods.jpg (32 KB, 306x341)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>girl from my uni post instagram story, on tuesday
>been eyeing her for a while, slide in her dms
>we start talking
>later that day she's with a gay friend of mine because they're in a club together
>she asks him about me
>he tells her good things apparently
>ask her if she wanted to spend some time together
>we go to a garden to talk, yesterday
>tells me she has a gift for prediction and that when I asked to follow she got a feeling I was gonna message her someday
>she starts rolling a joint, apologizes, and tells me she has fibromyalgia and that it helps with the pain
>tells me she was abused by her dad
>tells me she broke up with her boyfriend 4months ago and that she's not looking for a serious relationship
>tells me she loves sex
>when it comes time for her class to start I walk her to the room
>she introduces me to two of her friends
>we say our goodbyes
>keep texting, but I notice she's slightly less enthusiastic, asking less questions, etc.
>it's her birthday today, so I asked her what she wanted
>she tells me she loves white roses
>pick a white rose from my garden and take it to uni
>she's late to class in the morning, so we're together for like 5 mins
>I ask her to close her eyes, go behind her, put my hand on her waist, hold the rose in front of her and tell her to open her eyes
>she sees the rose and blushes
>give her a kiss on the cheek and tell her to go to class
>posts 2 IG stories, both prominently feature the rose
>at lunch time I text her asking when we can be together again
>hasn't replied until now, but has posted an IG story of her hving lunch with her mom

Ever since we went out yesterday that I can't stop thinking about her. And I know I'm probably making a huge mistake, because she has a terrible illness and was abused by her dad, and yet I feel something for her I can't explain because she's just so sweet. So my question is, should I just flat out tell her I like her and say that if she doesn't feel the same we can just go our separate ways?
>>
>>20121022
You have a thing for fixing up broken people. Unless she's been in therapy for several years to treat the abuse she suffered as a child she is 100% not going to be able to give you what you need in a relationship. She'll never be able to commit. Her father taught her to seek validation from abusive men. Her abuse has manifested itself in the form of hypersexualism. Unless you are going to abuse her she's never going to be able to truly tolerate being close to you. She's very sweet and affectionate and that's all wonderful but this hesitance you have to take the leap with her is your inner self trying to warn you.
>>
>>20121022
>that when I asked to follow she got a feeling I was gonna message her someday
Ahahaha.

>should I just flat out tell her I like her and say that if she doesn't feel the same we can just go our separate ways
That's some pathetic beta shit.
>>
>>20121038
She is actually undergoing therapy because of the fybromialgia, she says it's very heavy on her psyche. She also mentioned something about having forgived her dad and then mumbled and said "Anyway, that's all in the past". And I understand where you're coming from with the rest of what I say, and while I partly agree with you, she's also told me things that make me think it's the complete opposite.

>broke up with her bf because he wasn't affectionate enough and would rather be with his friends
>keeps saying she's "a queen"
>when I jokingly said that I ordered her to come have lunch with me someday she said "Sorry, I don't follow orders ;)"

>>20121067
>>that when I asked to follow she got a feeling I was gonna message her someday
>Ahahaha.
It sounds stupid, I know. But our common friend confirmed this, that he was there when she got the request, she asked him who I was because she noticed he followed me. She accepted the request and told him that.

>That's some pathetic beta shit.
Trust me my man, I know. And I like the "game". But with her I honestly can't tell what she's thinking. I don't know if she's playing hard to get, or if she's definitely not interested.
>>
>>20121101
>She also mentioned something about having forgived her dad and then mumbled and said "Anyway, that's all in the past"
Forgiveness and it being in the past has nothing to do with recovery.
>she's also told me things that make me think it's the complete opposite.
You need to take a step back and compare the things she has said to you with her behavior. She smokes weed (which, fibromyalgia aside can be quite dangerous for someone with addiction and/or mental illness in the family), she's hyper sexual, she is hot and cold in your interactions. One minute she's super affectionate and interested and the next minute she's not answering you and disinterested. This is all behavior of concern. Anybody can say anything, OP. You seem to be dead set on believing what you want about her but don't say that you weren't warned.
>>
>>20121101
She does sound like someone who can't be assed with commitment but probably interested in fwb, with a big focus on the F.

Basically, give her some space.
>>
>>20121126
Tbh that's all I was interested in as well when I started talking to her, but I can tell I'm catching feelings. I'll follow your advice, take a step back and see where things go

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.