[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

I fell for the cat meme and she's SO ANNOYING anytime I'm behind a door, she's pawing underneath it and meowing her ass off. All she ever does is get in my face and bite my feet and basically she's clingy as hell. How do I get my cat to stop this annoying behavior?
>>
im guessing she is a kitten

also assuming youve read up on the basics of cat care

follow the basics and in a few months it should chill out a bit
>>
>>2498308
Through pain, cats are too stupid to learn through positive reinforcement
>>
>>2498319
other way around actually, cats are too stupid to associate the negative reinforcement with the bad behavior, so the only method is (slow) positive reinforcement
>>
>>2498324
Horse hockey, the local outdoor cats have learned to stay out of yard after I shot them with a pellet gun
>>
>>2498327
the relationship between you and the neighborhood cats is different than it is between a cat and its owner. its ok if the neighborhood cats think you're a violent psycho for (in their perspective) no reason. they'll stay away from you because they don't like you. that however is not the ideal model for a relationship you'd want with your own household cat friend
>>
>>2498308
Maybe you should've gotten a turtle if you didn't want to be paid attention to.
>>
>>2498330
So that proves on some level negative reinforcement works
>>
you can do what my friend did a trap it under a milk crate for a few days and then get rid of it once you realize what a truly garbage animal cats are

do you really want to spend the next two decades of your life cleaning up after this annoying, smelly piece of trash?
>>
>>2498308
Cats don't really grow out of it, but they do calm down with age. A full grown cat will sleep for 18 hours a day.
>>
>>2498433
Why would he just torture a cat like that? He's the garbage and you're just as bad for not beating the shit out of your shitty friend lol
>>
>>2498433
Your treating your opinion as if it's fact, when in reality, it's nothing more than your own bias opinion, how about you fuck off and never own any animal. It's clear that you have no problem torturing any animal you deem as trash.
>>
>>2498330
"Owner"
>>
>>2498481
>english as a second language
the post
>>
>>2498481
Well cats are trash, I don't see what's wrong with killing pests, or do you feel bad every fucking time you kill a mosquito
>>
>>2498493
Said the stupid american who can only speak modern english.
Go fuck yourself, and I'm not even that anon , what r u? Five???
>>
>>2498494
Mosquitoes aren't mammals. You'd be better comparing them to rodents.

And yes, I do feel bad for having to kill mice.
>>
>>2498433
So edgy. Go back to your /b/ gore and rape threads.
>>
File: nou.jpg (18 KB, 300x300)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>2498495
>>
>>2498496
But you still kill them you fucking double standard boi, jesus christ cats reproduce like bitches reproduce herpes and you want me to think they are the same as a normal pet, like a dog? Cats are a virus, a bird extintion machine, an ecosystem fuckery filled with stupid people who instead of killing them, let them roam outside.

You kill mouses, bads, doves, rats and those do not harm nature as mych as cats, fuck you and your cat, I will keep killing them and making money throu onion net with their suffering
>>
>>2498508
Not even the same anon you were talking too.

I kill feral cats as well as mice. That how rural life works. I shoot them, I don't "leave them under a milk crate for days" like a fucking serial killer.
>>
https://youtu.be/mcD4_o6q4ls
>>
>>2498508
>muh birds muh ecosystem muh invasive species

so rich coming from someone who doesn't give a literal fuck about nature

edgy pieces of shit like you should really stick to your containment boards, I don't know what exactly do you gain from coming to boards like /an/ besides free (you)s and attention, but to most mentally healthy people you are the pest, so let that sink in
>>
>>2498508
I would feel worse killing a cat than I would you.
>>
File: IMG_0331.jpg (809 KB, 3264x2448)
809 KB
809 KB JPG
>itt: crossboarders trolling catfags
You know if you stop giving them (you)'s they will stop shitposting, right?
>>
>>2498433
So dog owners not pick up their dog shit on their yard? Disgusting.

Cats like to shit and piss in one place. You can clean that . Nothing like dog owners letting their dogs piss and kill my grass. There's a reason why laws were invented to keep from dogs shutting everywhere. They've had to hand you garbage bags because you couldn't pick up after them.
>>
She's probably bored. Play with her, tire her out.
>>
>>2498481
>any animal

It's a disgusting pest. Plus cats can't really experience pain or fear, their brains are too simple. It's like torturing a little meat robot.
>>
File: IMG_0846.jpg (32 KB, 300x300)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>2499321
Wrong. My neighbors fucking disgusting cats used to shit in my vegetable garden and harass the humming birds back there.

Used to.
>>
File: giphy (2).gif (2.64 MB, 426x200)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB GIF
>>2498420
Kind of but not really. Yes your neighbourhood cats aren't fucking around in your yard anymore but that's just because they're deterred from you like they would be deterred from any other natural hazard.

A dumb housecat doesn't connect that the reason you're abusing it is because it pissed on your bodypillow a second ago, all the cat thinks is "WTF anon!?"

I think this is because cats aren't really pack animals and are therefore too autistic to understand that it's actions preceding getting smacked with a newspaper might have something to do with why it's getting smacked with a newspaper.

I don't recommend it for dogs either because while I've seen cases where it worked I feel it's too mean because I'm a softie.
>>
>>2499405
I know you're trolling (poorly) but that argument about "meat robot" is so fucking stupid. That literally applies to the person whom is saying it just as much as it does any other animal.
>>
>>2499543
Cats definitely understand that pissing on one's clothes is A Bad Thing. That's why they do that to people they dislike!
>>
>>2499553
There is a cutoff for sapient beings and cats fall well below it. They really jut operate off of nociception like most lower beings. They can experience pain and connect it to negative stimuli, but they lack any higher brain functions with which to rationalize it. All the anons in this thread who are saying cats can't understand/rationalize negative stimuli are essentially saying the same thing.
>>
>>2499721
>still dividing vertebrates into "higher" and "lower" species

spot the bio brainlet
>>
Put her on adoption and get a fish, if you were stupid enough to get her without acknowledging what could happen i dont think you will be able to do shit, the purpose of having an animal like a cat is giving it the best life possible and loving it since they won´t add anything else than company to your life, fucking idiot
>>
File: IMG_0847.jpg (116 KB, 645x968)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>2499821
>all mammalian brains are the exact same!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.