[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Dog General #5 - Spooky Edition.

Dog food review site - https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com

Puppy guide - http://drsfostersmith.com/pic/article.cfm?articleid=1449

>What should I feed my dog?
>What breed of dog should I get?
>How do I train my dog?
>Rate my dog!
>Should I bring my dog to a vet?
>What breed is my dog?
>What toys should I get my dog?
>My dog is doing x, what do I do?
>Where do I get a dog?
>How do I take care of a puppy?
>How do I house train a dog?
>Can my dog eat this?
>Let me blog post!
And much more!

Discord link goes to #mammal:
https://discord.gg/3xGbBG2
>>
File: 20170923_191441.jpg (2.69 MB, 2560x1440)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB JPG
>>2517167
I took my dog trick or treating tonight, she did very well.
>>
>a wiener poking through cloth
>>
>>2517201
What did she go as?
>>
>>2517239
Dog
>>
We took the pupper on a group night walk. He was a little nervous before everyone started walking

After that he didn't give a shit
>>
File: 1469731684246.jpg (31 KB, 600x485)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>2517167
>What breed of dog should I get?
Samoyed, German Shepherd, Golden Retriever or Labrador Retriever ??
>>
>>2517239
Like >>2517255 said, dog.
I didn't have time to do anything since I got off work late.
One year my kids used kool-aid to dye her spots, and she spent the whole evening licking herself. Wasn't going to make that mistake again.
My local fire department "borrows" her for parades, I took her there and she got to hang out off leash for awhile and absolutely loved it.
>>
>>2517291
A cat may be the best fit for you
>>
>>2517291
>samoyed
Meme
>german shepherd
Needs a lot of exercise I hope you work on a farm
>golden retriever
Good
>lab
Good
>>
File: 1476334195834.jpg (67 KB, 572x626)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>2517483
Why are samoyeds memes? I had one for years as a kid it it died of old age and it was great. I live in a place where its really cold and lots of snow 5-6 months of the year so I want to get a dog that is good in cold weather. Was even considering a giant breed like St. Bernard etc....but I know they usually get lots of health issues and don't live long. I don't work on a farm but I have a huge massive yard and 2 massive dog parks within 5 minutes walking distance from where I live. I also read that Goldens have a lot of trouble with cancer and labs also have health issues. I was looking a a Boxer Lab mix and did some reading online it seems they are really healthy and live 13-15 years so I might go with that. Also labs do great in the cold so that would be a plus.
>>
>>2517738
You couldn't tell from literally that guy's entire post that he has no idea what he's talking about?
>>
>>2517291
Rottweiler
>>
>>2517167
Why are meme dogs so expensive.
>>
File: 20171031_174556-p.jpg (1.6 MB, 2828x1836)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB JPG
Maple got painted as a skeleton for Halloween. It turned out better than expected, despite her long wavy coat.

>>2517201
Always love Ruca. Did she have fun trick-or-treating?

>>2517738
It sounds like a Samoyed could be a good fit for you, especially since you've had one before and enjoyed it.
>>
File: 20171031_174757.jpg (1.04 MB, 1836x2262)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>2518029
And another. Who knew skeletons could have such pretty eyes?
>>
I hate small dogs, but I love big dogs.

And not even all small dogs, but I am honestly thinking of leaving my girlfriend because her little dog is a spoiled piece of shit and she cannot train him or control him. It's pathetic, she's pathetic, and it is the worst.
>>
>>2518035
try to train him, maybe u'll like them once u understand that they can be chill too. i had a small mutt once, lil nigga was a protector, he would sit outside the gate of my house and wait for ppl to come back.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSEcQ7QqW4c weimaraner cameos in the new aesop mv
>>
>>2518029
>Did she have fun trick-or-treating?
Absolutely! She loves being the center of attention and has no problem with being fawned over by large groups of kids, even in costumes.
I did have to watch out for her sticking that nose in their orange plastic buckets however.
Maple looks cute!
>>
File: 20171031_174821.jpg (1.32 MB, 1836x3138)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
>>2518076
>fawned over by large groups of kids
This is like Maple's worse nightmare, lol. I'm glad Ruca enjoys it though, I bet she got lots of attention! She's super cute and I dunno if it's the same in your area, but I don't see too many Dals!
>>
>>2518078
Wow that’s one spooky pup.
>>
>>2518078
>I dunno if it's the same in your area, but I don't see too many Dals!
No, not many at all. Lots of people comment about how they've never seen one before. When the Disney movies were out you would see them more.
Maple's eyes are stunning, so bright and expressionate.
>>
File: htbjj0z1wn46blo1_1280.jpg (317 KB, 1280x746)
317 KB
317 KB JPG
>>2518085
>>2518087
Thanks guys! She's the best.

>When the Disney movies were out you would see them more
Yeah, and it's probably a good thing it's not such a fad anymore. Less BYB nonsense that way, less people getting them on a whim.
>>
I feed my puppies Pedigree Junior mixed with wet food and give them calcium supplies, is that good?
>>
i support dog generals
>>
>>2518206
Pedigree is one of the lowest tier foods out there. I'd avoid it if I were you. What wet food are you giving?
>>
File: 2013-01-29_09-31-53_408.jpg (2.46 MB, 2592x1456)
2.46 MB
2.46 MB JPG
What breed is this?
>>
What’s a good and affordable dog food I can get from petco? It’s closer to my house and probably has a better selection than Walmart.
And I’m not asking anyone who works there because they most likely won’t know what they’re talking about.

Pic of my good boy he’s a borzoi mix.
>>
>>2519339
Blue buffalo?
>>
adopted a blue/white italian greyhound online this morning
can't pick him up for a few weeks though

anybody have any italian greyhound tips n tricks?
i'm gonna take him to the dog park every day and love him forever
>>
>>2519339
Depends on what your range of "affordable" is, personally. I'm thinking of switching to Merrick, which Petco sells. It's got 5 stars on dogfoodadvisor, but it's a little cheaper than many other 5 star foods like Acana or Orijen.

>>2519384
I have heard that they have very delicate bones so maybe buy some ramps or pet stairs if he's gonna be jumping up/down from a bed or couch all the time? Especially for puppies. How old is he? Looks very cute.
>>
>>2519334
tiberian rosterglok would be my best guess
>>
>>2519384
I’ve heard they have a lot of dental problems. So you’ll definitely want to give him dental treats as a minimum, and brush his teeth optimally.
>>
My 7 yr old American Bulldog is fed Fromm weight loss management.

She loves it! And she's not a fat fuck anymore!
>>
>>2519581
Awesome! Fromm is a good brand.
>>
File: 20161019_181501.jpg (2.7 MB, 4128x2322)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB JPG
>>2517167
Whats going on in this thread?
>> 2519384
Teeth my man. I have never seen an older it-gray that had any teeth. Cute little gummers though.
>>
File: o.jpg (130 KB, 750x1000)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdsr_OtfS2E
>>
File: IMG-20170801-WA0002.jpg (112 KB, 768x1280)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
Do you guys ever let your dog run free? I always feel bad when I see an owner with their dog on a leash despite being in the woods where they can just as well let them run free. My dog is trained well enough so that he comes immediately when I call for him and walks besides me when I command him to. He loves just running around and he'd be sad if I kept him on a leash for the entire walk.
>>
>>
Reposting

>Puppy was vomiting the other day so I took her to vet because she might have eaten cat litter/grass/foam from a dog bed
>Vet says there is signs of stomach pain and to feed her chicken for 2 days and if she is not better bring her back
>Took her for a walk this morning and she was very energetic, was also energetic last night
>Her stomach keeps making weird loud sounds that are kind of high pitched, not exactly gurgling

Not sure if I should take her to the vet again, I think the vet would say she is fine if she is eating and was energetic but something feels off. I may be overly cautious though. If she had a blocked stomach could she still poo? She has done a poo this morning.

Taking her to the vet in 2 hours, I hope she is fine.
>>
>>2521021
It may just be whatever was upsetting her stomach is settling or moving about. So long as she's eating, playing, and not vomiting I'd hold off on it for a while. Keep track of her pooping too.
>>
anyone have a diabetic dog? Dog pisses every 15 minutes, pees before I can even get him outside so I carry him to make sure he doesn't do shit. Glucose levels change but he won't stop peein' doc just said he's old so it's harder to control.
>>
>>2521027

She was energetic on our walk this morning (her third time being on a walk, first with my other dog) but not really playing as she usually would at home. She is an Australian Shepherd 4 months old and is usually very vocal but she hasn't really made a peep all day. I guess i'll just go and it will ease my mind but the vet bills really do add up.
>>
My puppy knows lay down and sit, what should be next command?
>>
>>2521041

Vet said she had a little fever (39.5c i think) and she had a blood test. I hope she is fine.
>>
>>2520353
Yes, I let my dog off leash in safe (and appropriate) environments because she is reliable off leash.

That said, not all dogs are reliable or well-trained and so it's better for people to keep those dogs on leash for their safety (and safety/courtesy for others.) Don't feel too bad for them. Dogs can still enjoy hikes in the woods when they are on leash. And they can let those dogs run off leash in fenced environments.

>>2521043
Recall! Or stays.
>>
So today a few dogs were posted as "found" in the local lost and found pets group I'm in on facebook. The posters both claimed the dogs they found were "too thin" or "starving"

I think they are full of shit. Nobody knows what a healthy dog looks like anymore. Pic related, two of the found dogs. They were not able to get hands on the dogs (couldn't catch them) so pictures are all there is

What do you think, anons? Will post another image, and the other found dog as well
>>
>>2521148
Another pic of these dogs
>>
>>2521149
And here is the other dog. I can sort of see why someone would claim he is too thin, but he appears to be in good condition to me--he is thin but he is quite muscular and his hips and spine are well covered. I'll post a side shot in a sec
>>
>>2521151
side shot
>>
>>2519339
Taste of the wild wetlands or prairie is pretty affordable, has 4.5 stars and is found in most pet stores.
>>2519384
Dog parks are absolutely shit. Don't bring him anywhere too stimulating for at least 2 weeks. He will likely have health problems or behavior problems if he was given up. I assume you adopted through a rescue? Did they tell you anything about him? Iggy's often get abandoned for pissing inside the house. They have tiny bladders I guess and have a hard time holding it. They are also known to have dental problems, often needing expensive procedures, and eye issues that can lead them blind. Do you know anything about his history at all? They are low maintenance and I heard they sometimes won't like walking on the grass.
I only know all of this because I happen to have an Iggy rescue right near me.
>>2520353
No, leash law here and if my dog isn't on a leash and gets attacked by a dog that is on a leash, no matter the circumstances I will be at fault. Unless it's my own property, she's on a leash
>>2521043
Recall, stay, or drop it are some core ones.
>>2521151
That one is far too thin. Dogs should never ever have that drastic of a inward dip after the rib cage. Even sighthounds, who run thinner than your average dog, have their ribs showing but their midsection never looks like that. With a pit bull, you may be able to see some rib but it would be under muscle which this dog barely has and it wouldn't be nearly that defined, and the mid section would be filled out. However they will never get the owners saying the dog is clearly neglected, that was dumb on their part. Also the dogs could have been lost a long time, and that may be why they are thin. I can't tell the other dogs because they are too fluffy.
>>
What kind of things do they teach at "puppy school" Is it worth it?
>>
Help me /an/, I dont know what to do.

I have a 4 yeard old yorkie but I want to get a big dog, a dog that I can roll around. Like 100 lbs big. I really want a rottweiler but Im scared it will just kill my yorkie while playing or my yorkie will annoy it before they can get used to each other. I thought about getting a labrador but rottweiler just looks cooler.

What should I do? Also keep in mind I have a big backyard and there are half a dozen parks close to my home where I can take my dogs for activities.
>>
>>2521445

Forgot to mention, I also looked at greater swiss mountain dogs but it seems they have some temper issues. Should I consider getting one?
>>
File: IMG_20171106_155015.jpg (3.71 MB, 4048x3036)
3.71 MB
3.71 MB JPG
Rate my doge
His name is Steve.
>>
>>2521436
Socialization mainly. It’s mostly so puppies can play with dogs their age and meet new friends.

And yes, it’s very worth it. Socialization is incredibly important to raise a good, mentally stable dog.
>>
File: random.jpg (75 KB, 400x295)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
My pupper lays down like pic related multiple times a day. He's almost 7 months and has done it since I got him 4-5 months ago. Is it hip dysplasia? Do your dogs do this?
>>
>>2521239
I do think the pit bull-type is a bit on the too thin side, but considering how well-muscled he is, and the side profile pic, I'm not too concerned.

>Also the dogs could have been lost a long time, and that may be why they are thin
You're definitely right about this. This really pisses me off when people assume a found dog has been abused because of its condition. They have no idea how long the dog has been lost and on its own for.

>>2521436
Most of the benefit is socialization. And if you're not familiar on the basics of dog training, they'll teach you a bit of the basics. If you already know how to train your dog, and have other outlets for socialization, it might be a waste of money. But it can be very helpful for socialization.
>>
>>2521758
>Is it hip dysplasia?
No, some dogs just like to lay like that. I wouldn't be concerned especially since he's young and has always done this.
>>
File: IMG_0599 (1) - Copy.jpg (251 KB, 1000x1333)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
>>2521758
my dog does it all the time after stretchin now he can meditate
>>
File: big gay al.png (785 KB, 895x862)
785 KB
785 KB PNG
>>2521758
u have a gay dog
>>
Through some incredibly convoluted circumstances I may have the opportunity to adopt a 8 month old husky.
I run a pretty tight budget right now, I'm curious how much she would cost me in food/vet visits.
Also curious how much exercise/other attention she'll need. I have a pretty small yard but plenty of big parks around here to play with her as well.
>>
>>2521842
>tight budget

don't even try
>>
>>2521842
Depending on how much she eats, you're looking at probably $50/month (more or less depending on how much she eats and what brand of food you buy, etc.) for food, vet bills for routine care, supplies, regular heartworm and flea prevention, etc.

Of course, buying all the initial supplies for her will be a larger chunk at once. But if you can swing that, and set aside about $50/month for her expenses, that's about how much she'll need. This doesn't include emergency care, should she need it.

As for exercise and attention, huskies are pretty active. It's nice to have parks in your area. If you bike, you could take her with you on bike rides once she's old enough (puppies shouldn't be compelled to run until they are >1 year old.)
>>
>>2521841
Fuck you nigger dogs can't be gay
>>
>>2521846
Thanks for the help! I was worried it was going to be $80+ a month but I can definitely handle $50~
>>
>>2521847
Tell that to my two boys who are constantly affectionate with each other and humpy as fuck with each other
>>
>>2521848
No problem! To give you an example, my brother pays about $50/month in expenses for his 90 pound Pyrenees mix (BIG dog, eats about 4 cups of food/day) and feeds him mid-priced food (Kirkland Signature i.e. Costco brand, it's good food but very cheap for the quality so it's great if you're on a tighter budget!)
>>
File: _6_.png (682 KB, 599x638)
682 KB
682 KB PNG
i think this is a cute pup (coz he looks like a pig)
but:
will he b a cute dog
>>
File: cute.jpg (98 KB, 960x960)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
r8 my poodle

His name is Teddy.
He enjoys hardcore narcotics, investing in crypto-currency, and slut-shaming.

This pic was taken to help my mom sell her jewelry shit, but it's the best picture I have.

He's about a year old currently, this was taken when he was still a baby. He's an lovable asshole now.
>>
>>2521875
enjoy your mum getting doxxed when someone reverse image searches that pic if that pic on ebay or etsy
cute though
>>2521867
sure why not
>>
File: cavoodle-700x700.jpg (38 KB, 700x700)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
Thoughts on a poodle/king charles cavalier spaniel cross? Strongly considering getting one soon.
>>
>>2521881

everything's good, I checked beforehand
but who knows, im gay
>>
Can a sheltie be a decent apartment dog?

I don't mind walking and grooming the one. I need the exercise, and I grew up with one. I'm just concerned about yappiness and initial separation anxiety in an apartment.
>>
File: bigsby.jpg (124 KB, 469x323)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>2517167
>>
>>2521580
Why did no one rate my doge? :^(
>>
>>2523063
people are using this thread
>>2517451
steve's cute btw
>>
>>2523063

12/10, would snuggle up with

What kind of mix is he? Any ideas?
>>
>>2521842
I use mint for budgeting and my monthly budget allocates:
$25/mo to "vet care" (savings towards annual expenses calculated and divided into 12 + some excess for potential medical problems; in the event of a signifcant emergency medical expense I have about $10,000 of available credit via cards)
$40 for food
$20 for "supplies" (flea meds, shampoo, poop bags, etc.)
$10 for toys/treats
$6 towards annual registration fee ($70 annually)

Total monthly allocation: $101.
>>
>>2525064
what breed is the blacc one? lab?
>>
File: web_IMG_4016.jpg (144 KB, 1200x1600)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
Please rate my doggo and his best friend

>>2525069

Yeah, definitely got a bit of lab in him, but he is a mutt
>>
>>2521925
Poodle crosses are all a meme to make fuck tons of money without having to guarantee anything. Also they aren't hypoallergenic.
>>2522098
I believe any dog can be a good apartment dog assuming the owner is devoted enough. Keep in mind apartment dogs still need to go out and play and piss and shit even if it's cold outside and you have the flu.
>>
>>2525207
I live in an apartment with a cattle dog x.
We go out a lot. She's fine.
>>
how can you tell if your dog is afraid of you?
>>
how the fuck do I get my 8 month old Great Pyrenees to stop biting me when I sleep
it's play-biting, he's not trying to kill me but it's annoying at 1am
>>
File: 123_1gfr.jpg (427 KB, 720x960)
427 KB
427 KB JPG
This lil devil
>>
File: IMG_20171114_140342274~01.jpg (2.08 MB, 3002x3749)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB JPG
Looking for some advice: How do I make this fluffer lose some weight?
>>
>>2527190
Post a better pic. The dog doesn't look overweight from this angle.

Anyway, if you want her to lose weight, feed her less. There are dog calorie calculators out there so you can determine how much she needs. Feed her on a schedule. Twice a day is good for most dogs; sometimes once a day is okay too. My dog vomits bile if he doesn't eat in the morning, though, so if you weren't on a feeding schedule before and just free-fed all day, start out with 2-3 smaller meals instead of one at the end of the day. Pick the bowl up and put it out of reach after it's been out for 15 minutes.

Also exercise more, unless there are some health issues (shitty joints, heart worm, etc) that make it difficult.
>>
My dog barks at animals on TV. We thought it was funny for a while that he was so interested in TV, I always thought dogs just ignored it. But he literally will sit next to me on the couch and watch in absolute excitement.

In the beginning he thought it was a window and he would run between checking the TV and checking out the windows in our apartment. I couldn't decide if I thought he was acting stupid or kind of clever.

fuck, either way we cant watch nature documentaries in the living room now, which is a huge bummer for us. Have any of you dealt with this? I mean, obviously its now a situation that requires any more specific advice than guarding from windows etc, but it would be cool to hear
>>
>>2527259
NOT* a situation that requires [...]
>>
>>2527190
feed it less.
>>
>>2527146
calmly lead it out of the bedroom and close the door
>>
>>2527190
This: >>2527196
>>
File: dog.png (92 KB, 588x299)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
Hello, I know there are a lot of questions regarding what breed to get but I've recently moved out of my parent's house where I had a Doberman.
However my my new apartment complex only allows small breeds, so I'm looking for a apartment breed that could accompany me in my daily 60min night walk.
Sorry for the annoying question, but sites exclusively about dogs have too much information and some pretty neurotic people.
>>
>>2527808
literally any dog
be more specific
>>
>>2527810
A rottweiler's too big and not allowed in my complex and a pug is too smashed and slammed to walk 60min.
I need it to be quiet when I'm not home so I'm not kicked out by the neighbors.
I have zero experience with small dogs, but I've been thinking about a dachshund or a maltese.
>>
>>2527820
get some sort of fluffy spitz if you're going to get a small companion dog
japanese spitz is pretty effay. If you want something more masculine maybe get a terrier of some sort like a patterdale but they may be too noisy for you
>>
>>2527824
I don't care for its looks or effayness. It might as well spell "I'm a fag" with its fur. I care about function.
What I'm trying to say despite my autism is: can "toy" dogs walk daily for an hour? The websites I've searched say no, but I don't trust those women that say their "children" don't like exercise.
Furthermore, I live in a relatively small town in argentina, so the dog kennels around me don't have a great variety of breeds.
They have the following small dogs: Maltese, Lhasa apso, Shih Tzu, West Highland White Terrier, Yorkshire terrier and Dachshund.
>>
>>2527830
That dog is "I'm a fag" but a maltese doesnt? Fuck off.
>>
>>2527833
Fuck you off, m8. I didn't say that.
I said I don't care what dogs are considered masculine.
>>
>>2527833
I meant that if there was a dog that would have the letters IM A FAG in black in a white background I would buy it if it fitted my needs.
>>
File: 20171115_125818.jpg (3.23 MB, 3120x3120)
3.23 MB
3.23 MB JPG
How do you like my exxxtra rare doggo? Basenji and husky mix.

Also, she gets aggressive whenever she has close contacts with other dogs. The thing is she looks super excited and happy when she sees other dogs from the balcony or accross the street.

We try to give her treats when a dog is close so she associates it with smth good, but it doesn't seem enough.

Any tips/an/?
>>
>>2527842
Fuck I hate posting with my phone. Sry for the crooked pic.
>>
>>2527842
What does she do when she gets into close contact with other dogs, and what do the other dogs do? Be as detailed as possible.
>>
File: 20171115_131959.jpg (2.88 MB, 3120x3120)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB JPG
>>2527855
They will usually sniff each other like you would expect, but at some point it seems she wants to play, the thing is she starts bitting their paws or bitting their neck. After that, the other dog growls and so starts the fight. It's hard to see what's happening but I'm pretty sure she is the one starting the fight.

Sometimes, she will bark like CRAZY if we fallow another dog for too long. But these are super high pitched barks, not low tone aggressive barks. Makes me think that she is so excited that she doesn't know what to do or how to react.

Nobody knows what happened in the first 10 months of her life so she might be super traumatised. I'd say she would be more defensive than that if it were the case though.
>>
File: IMG_20171115_1809386.jpg (877 KB, 1904x2851)
877 KB
877 KB JPG
ghost dog meet ghost dog
>>
>>2527862
Is she biting, like clamping down, or nipping? If it's the latter, my dog does this. it's how she gets the other dog to play with her. But, as you can imagine, many dogs find nipping to be annoying just like people do and they won't tolerate it. It sounds like she is dog reactive on the leash, many dogs are whether or not they are dog aggressive.
>Nobody knows what happened in the first 10 months of her life so she might be super traumatised
More likely she was simply not socialized enough with other dogs. It's more common that someone was a lazy fuck with their puppy than abusing it or it getting into a fight, although it's possible. However, if what I'm thinking is correct, it sounds like your dog wants to play with other dogs but is going about it in an incredibly rude way. If that's true, it can potentially be fixed, but you need a helper dog that is good with other dogs but willing to tell your dog off for being a bitch. You should also brush up on dog body language, so you can break up fights before they happen.
>>
>>2527921
The fights seem systematic if she as close contacts with other dogs for too long so I cant really anticipate the fight if I want her to get close to them. She's is more nipping than bitting so I guess that's good news.

I was thinking about letting her meet my parents' 85lbs husky/lab, but she ain't afraid of shit. I don't think it will calm her down; she once made a rottweiler back off but shes just about 40lbs.

Ehm not a native english speaker: a dog helper is a dog that helps or more like a dog professional trainer or smth? Lmao.
The pros are expensive as fuck here. Easily over 100$/h.
>>
do big dogs need a yard? would they become depressed living in a building complex?
>>
>>2527951
By "helper dog" the anon meant a dog who is stable and predictable and can interact with your dog and help her learn doggie manners
>>
>>2521149
They look like a healthy size, definitely not starving. I remember my moms would always say my Golden was too thin and the vet basically btfo her
>>
>>2521151
Oh that’s too thin my dude. His belly should taper with the rib cage, at least a bit. That doggy is hungry
>>
My doggy. Eats Merrick, anything that doesn’t contain chicken stuff
>>
Can someone enlighten me on Doberman Pinschers? I know they are loyal and protective guard dogs, as well as very intelligent. I see them frequently portrayed as aggressive, how true is this? How likely are they to attack their owner/people they are friendly with? How likely they are to attack someone else is not as important to me.
And on a side note, what about Miniature Pinschers?
>>
>>2521040
They've got these kind of pads that mimics grass and have the absorbance underneath that you switch out. Maybe try teaching the dog to start going in that, or in a litter box? I'd suggest a diaper but those are more for dogs that drip a little through the day. With a dog that needs to potty often, it will just create more work for you having to constantly change the diaper, and more mess because the diaper will probably overflow and drip.

>>2528419
They are often goofy, but niggers used them back in the 50's and 60's a lot. If you get them from a reputable breeder and raise and train them right they should be fine.
Min pins are really only like Dobermans in looks. They are fragile, prissy, high energy, friendly and smart. Some are a bit on the timid side.
>>
>>2528419
Not likely to attack you or other people they are friendly with.

Only downside to dobermans is that they are very prone to certain health problems--over 50% of them die of heart problems pretty young, as far as I remember
>>
File: IMG_0588.jpg (1.5 MB, 2592x1936)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB JPG
Border Collie master race

you jelly at all of the time I get to spend with my dog (and enjoy it)? You jell that my dog is intellectually superior and above your attention level? You jelly that my dog is the best friend you wish you had?

I'm not jelly, I own a border collie
>>
File: image.jpg (1.48 MB, 2448x2448)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB JPG
>>2529067
I know that feel
Cute pupper
>>
How long should it take to teach a 20 week old puppy to stop pulling on the leesh? I've tried walking my aussie shepherd pup with my other dog and she is just impossible. So I take her alone and she still gets very excited and pulls. Been rewarding her when she comes close to me for about a week but it is so frustrating when she is doing good then out of nowhere its like she forgot everything.
>>
>>2527830
Border or Jack Russels are good and have good stamina
>>
>>2529067
>>2529083
Love me some border collies. Little farm collie-type sheepdogs are my absolute favorite types of dog.
>>
>>2529097
>aussie shepherd
That might be the issue.
Herding breeds are notorious for leash pulling.
I have been unable to train my BC to stop despite sitting and waiting on command working perfectly. When it gets horribly bad, I sadly resort to using a single loop nose harness, which she hates, but stops pulling with.
>>
Rate my two autists
>>
My dog is extremely scared of rain

not even a thunderstorm though that makes him upset too obviously but just the slightest drizzle has him panting and walking around worriedly at least a few hours ahead of time all throughout and afterwards as well

ive tried most of the commonly mentioned storm suggestions online but nothings done any good

I think he must be smelling the rain and that is what upsets him, hes been goin for 4 hours so far now though and people are trying to sleep (im pseudo neet and can stay up with him all night at least) and its not good
>>
>>2529917
Have you tried half wraps? Rain freaked my dog out but those really helped him.
>>
>>2529918
ive tried putting stuff on him before but not this specifically, i found a guide on google and will give it a shot thank you anon

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.