[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Capture.jpg (57 KB, 496x485)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
I was away for a day and when I came back I noticed that something was wrong with my cat. Her eyes were fully dilated and when she walked around I could tell that she could not see. Unsure of her age, but I have a picture of her from September of 1999 (and I had her a few months before then as well), so she is at least 18.

Yesterday, I took her in to the vet and her systolic was very high. He gave me some medication and said that the cat may have detached retinas. Could not get her to eat or drink at all.

This morning, she was lying on the floor making struggled breathing sounds and her mouth was open slightly and tongue out. She was moving her front legs and it appeared to be involuntary. I think overall, she may have had a stroke or something.

I am having her put down later on today. I put her in front of a heater because she felt a little bit cold, is there anything else I should do to make her comfortable?
>>
>>2527117
F
>>
F
>>
i'd just keep keeping her on my lap.
>>
f
>>
File: cryingwojak.png (5 KB, 205x246)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>2527117
sounds like you're doing all you can anon. just give her lots of scratches and rubs, and enjoy your time left with her. you sound like a good owner, and she sounds like a lucky cat.

F
>>
>>2527117
F
I'm sorry :(
>>
;_;7
>>
>>2527117
F

My cat is also 18 and seems getting weaker every year. How do I make her live as long as possible?
>>
;____;
>>
she is at peace now.
>>
>>2527117
Cheer up, op. Your cat is happy in her cat afterlife, chasing birbs and rodents in celestial hunting grounds where it's at the top of the food chain with no natural predators threatening her and no humans berrating her for pissing on the couch.
>>
F
Just lost my cat to cancer. You did the best you could and she'll be at peace. She's lived a long good life.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.