[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 5F-r2SXP.jpg (24 KB, 337x337)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
How many cockroaches are out there? Like, in the world

I just saw a small flying white one in my kitchen. Wtf? I didn't know they came in white. I tried to kill it but it got away
>>
I believe it was albino. I see them every once in a blue moon. And do you mean like of every species or just every roach in general.
>>
only ever seen one roach in my apartment. huge mother fucker the size of my middle finger but of course much wider. I stood there frozen for about 2 minutes staring at it, I own some spiders and centipedes but for some reason this roach terrified me. Smooshed that mother fucker with my old sneaker. Good thing was that it WAS large and not small. Large roach means it's a loner that crawled up your drain. Small one means you're fucked and you have many more.
>>
Hey I just started a roach thread too. Any roach experts in this thread know roach psychology?
>>
>>2563490
For every species I heard there is over 4000 known species. I was wondering how many roaches are there total?

>>2563496
>Small one means you're fucked and you have many more.

Fugggggg :DDD
>>
>>2563496
You're probably talking about a waterbug but they aren't always loners. you might kill one but there's still a good chance another one or two is still around. They have a hard time escaping into cracks or climbing walls though.
>>
>>2563514
Over 9000 hours in google.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/how-many-species-of-cockroaches-plague-humanity-180948133/
>There are 4,500 species of cockroaches in the world, but just 30 are considered pests
>>
>>2563490
There is no such thing as an albino cockroach. I mean there is, but albino cockroaches are still brown.
Their brown color does not come from a pigment that they could lack, it's the natural color of the hardened sklerotin that makes up their exoskeleton. If you see a bright cockroach it means it has recently molted and isn't fully hardened yet.
>>
There's some nasty ass bugs out there, but cockroaches are the only ones that legitimately terrify me. I won't even step on them, I just vacuum them up so I won't have to touch them.
>>
File: why am i saving this.jpg (47 KB, 600x718)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>2563483
>I just saw a small flying white one in my kitchen
>I tried to kill it but it got away
>>
>>2563501
They know when youre sleeping, they know when youre awake, theyll walk all over your shit tonight and you wont know theyre inside your food until its too late.

Also if you see one, think a million. I reccomend GENTROL discs.
>>
>>2563483
7.6 billion
>>
>>2563483
6 gorillions
That's a lot of pest to purge
>>
79.51 million
>>
Super intelligent extra dimensional roachoids are behind the scenes of world governments : /
>>
>>2565423
underrated
>>
File: CockroachOverlord.jpg (61 KB, 500x326)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>2563483
White Cockroaches are the shamans of their kind. They help with leading invasions. White Cockroaches have five times the HP of regular cockroaches and a toxic bite but taking them out with disorganize the others.
>>
>>2563483
if it was small and i t was flying it was probably a wood roach. small non pest critters.
>>
File: 1505629304332.jpg (57 KB, 800x547)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>2563541
>You're probably talking about a waterbug
nah. I know it was a roach. "Waterbug" is just a nickname given to roaches by new yorkers because they climb up drains.
>>
>>2563483
Probably wasn't a cockroach.
White cockroaches however are commonly seen because after molting their exoskeleton a cockroach will remain soft and white for a while until it re-hardens.
>>
>>2565173
No, I said I read already about how many species. I was wondering how many as in, individual ones. Like, you take one and count 1, then another one 2, and so on

>>2565223
Yeah, I was reading on them the other day and the amount of fucking bacteria, fungi, parasites, adn other shit they carry is ridiculous

>>2565423
LMAO, I see what you did there

>>2565865
Yeah, it was kinda like that! Fuck, I wish it hadn't gotten away

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.