[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1514940385153.jpg (44 KB, 638x629)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>
All breeding is unethical to some degree.
>>
short legged doggos were bread to do work.

breeding dwarf cats is just for the cosmetics.
>>
>>2565478
Probably not used nearly as much as they once were, though.
>>
>>2565478
>just for the cosmetics.
nah, it's also so they can't wreck shit or get themselves killed
>>
>cat gets loose and goes feral
>doesn't have cat agility, essentially crippled
>unable to maim local fauna
>quickly starves/gets killed by predators
it's the best thing that's ever happened to ornamental cats
>>
Because they've seen short legged dog breeds their whole lives and they've thought it was never a problem. Short legged cats are new and therefore bad and scawwy. Typical normies.
>>
cats suck
this is a non issue
>>
TOADLINE PUSSY
>>
>>2565421
Actually normies think munchkins are cute.
Both munchkins and show dachshunds/corgis are animal abuse. Their working counterparts are ok tho.
>>
>>2565520 kek
>>
>>2565421
but you just listed 3 shit tier animals
>>
File: attachment.jpg (33 KB, 336x457)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>2565522
>working cats
>>
>>2565522
>>2565468

You have a seriously limited understanding of how the world works.
>>
>>2565573
That doesn't make it less true. Normies usually don't see breeding munchkins as abuse. They like them.
>>
>>2565478
the intention doesn't really change if the breeding is "unethical" or not.

unethical/abuse isn't really a word i would use for this because animals aren't actually aware that they are deformed and they don't care about having short legs. i would probably just call it irresponsible.
>>
>>2565421
>corgis and dachshunds are A-OK
they arent, they are horrifically deformed monstrosities. tho they arent as bad as that stump-legged cat freak, or pugs.
>>
>>2565743
You're still not getting it.

Is breeding something that allows it to form an interdependant relationship with humans and subsequently spread along side us wrong?

That's what I mean. You don't understand humans interconnectedness with nature.

>roses appeal to humans and spread around the world through coevolution.
>marijuana appeals to humans and spread around the world through coevolution
>cows
>sheep
>dogs
>pigs
>chickens
You can't say these species are unsuccessful because they spread around the world by coevolving with us.

I hate cats personally but if some one offered me one of these munchkin things I'd probably take it because it looses traits that I dislike about cats... thus allowing it to proliferate the globe even more. Cat's arguably are already one of the most successful species on the planet.
>>
>>2565749
working animals have to be healthy enough to be economical.

corgis and dachshunds are fairly healthy as long as you avoid inbreeding.

dwarf cats are sickly things that fall over dead outside the constant care of a human.
>>
>>2565765
That's not even what I was pointing but whatever.
>>
>>2565774
>selectively breeding animals is abuse.
So I give you a list of examples of the coevolution of animals and humans based largely on selective breeding that benefits the animal in allowing them to proliferate the world.
>That's not what I meant
>>
>>2565468
wtf i hate reproduction now
>>
>>2565801
You might if you had a master that chose when and what to breed with.
>>
>>2565780
Both munchkins and short legged dogs are a-ok to normies.
>>
File: 1510020514154.jpg (136 KB, 1280x720)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
*mauls your toe*
>>
>>2565765
>it looses traits that I dislike about cats
What, it's ability to jump?
>>
>>2565812
Protip: Human beings are not cats
>>
>>2565773
>dwarf cats are sickly things that fall over dead outside the constant care of a human.
incorrect
>>
>>2565754
munchkins are much healthier than pugs, corgis and dachshunds though
>>
>>2565765
It really is amazing how humans are gods of Earth and have to limit how much they mess with it.
>>
>>2565780
>a list of the coevolution
>coevolution
how does it feel to be retarded ? or is that bait ?
>>
Because it is not a breed it a genetic disorder and breeding them contributes to the cat population problem.
Say you're a munchkin breeder, you breed two munchkin cats together but it is not guaranteed the kittens will be munchins there is a good chance the whole litter will be regular cats.
Those kittens are useless so they are ditched.
>>
>>2566020
>they
>>
>>2566020
Non human spotted.
>>
>>2565421
The extent of short legs that the majority of corgis and dachshunds have today aren't ok but just like munchkin cats people like the meme and will let animal suffering slide to have a qt animal.
>>2565494
From the anecdotal evidence I've seen on munchkins (which is pretty much the only information about them) they can actually jump and climb normally. Plus, they don't even need to hunt. Many feral/stray populations live off of human hand outs. As long as they can fuck they are good.
>>2565749
The unethical part is the pain (or if you really want to meme it up, the participation of nociception) the animal undergoes as a part of their deformity that was purposely created through their planned breeding.
>>
>>2565754
literally nothing wrong with dachshunds
>>
>>2565946
SMASHED
>>
File: Schopenhauer.jpg (14 KB, 300x358)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>2565468
You are not my friend. You are my brother, my friend.
>>
>>2565421
They're absolutely not okay. Breeding any animal for intentional deformities is only legal because humans are fucking out of control.
>>
>>2566020
You're not gods, you're demons. And the only reason you act up is because the watchers allow it, the sick fucks.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (152 KB, 880x495)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>2565421
>Why do normies say this is animul aboose
They don't
>>
>>2565564
>>
File: 1515036134284.gif (1.02 MB, 284x300)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB GIF
I remember reading these things seem less susceptible to back problems like dachshunds are but I'm not too sure of the veracity of that claim.
>>
>>2565765
>Applying a human created definition of success to a stumpy legged abomination and pretending that somehow makes it more ethical.

lol get a load of this guy

Imagine telling a factory farmed hen that it should be grateful for what humans have done to it because now there are so many more chickens around the world.

This is exploitation, I'm no vegan but at least I don't bullshit myself into thinking an animal gives half a fuck about anything outside of it's own welfare.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.