[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: IMG_20180209_133440.jpg (2.07 MB, 2610x4640)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB JPG
What kind of creature is this?
>>
let it crawl up your urethra and find out
>>
File: 1515871414736.jpg (72 KB, 720x700)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>2596490
Looks like a small maggot to me
Keep an eye out for more these little bastards can get anywhere.
>>
Do you have any rotting food you don't know about?

Sometimes I find maggots like that coming from my tub and bathroom sink drain.
>>
drain fly?
>>
>>2596490
possibly a caterpillar
>>
diptera (fly) maggots don't usually have a distinct and blunt head like that

I'm guessing more of a beetle or moth larva, which would have little legs underneath
>>
Lmgtfy http://www.colonialpest.com/white-worms-crawling-up-the-walls/
>>
>>2596490
Check your food stores. It came from there or unless you are a fucking slob clean your room. It will eat grain products.
>>
>>2596490
google "meal moths"

then burn your house down
>>
>>2596832
>>2596801
OP here

I have thousands of these in between my mattress where I store bedtime snacks. I sprayed it with Lysol and got a motel room.
>>
>>2599006
I hate you
>>
>>2596780
why do you have rotting food in your tub and bathroom sink?
>>
>>2599006
oh my fucking god
>>
Its a caterpilla, most likely a moth species. Being as pale as it is I would imagine it would usually have a cacoon weaved in which it would reside in even before metamorphesis.

Where did you find it?
>>
>>2596490

It's holometabolous, and it looks eucephalic. Maybe Coleoptera, Lepidoptera or Symphyta.

OP, to identify hexapoda larvae we need to see wings, head and legs
>>
>>2596490
it's a maggot you faggot.

:D
>>
>>2599006
>between my mattress where I store bedtime snacks
The autism is real.

Reminds me of my stupid girlfriend who left food or something open in her dorm for a week while she went back home, and when she came back, the whole place was filled with fruit flies. Those fuckers are impossible to kill unless you make vinegar traps, or hunt down every single one when they land on the wall.
>>
>>2596490
Moth larvae, they'll infest you pantry and can climb walls and CIELINGS kill them all with extreme prejudice
>>
Baby snake ?
>>
>>2601039
happened to me (i know im dumb) and yeah i killed like 150 with vinegar traps.
>>
>>2599006
excuse me but are you fucking retarded?
>>
File: indian meal moth.jpg (90 KB, 768x575)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
If it's being found near food like you say it is, it's definitely an Indian Meal Moth. Here's a size comparison of their larvae and pupae to a penny.

The best thing you can do is get rid of the food, seeing as that's where they are. Make sure you clear your bed, carpet, and areas around the frame to ensure you get any leftover pupae/larvae.

After that, stop storing food in your fucking mattress for fucks sake.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.