[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Move over lanklet brainlets, the king is king for a reason
>>
>>2745907
Forgot link sorry

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/06/why-now-is-the-best-time-ever-for-dinosaur-discoveries/?utm_source=reddit.com
>>
>>2745909
Why does it say reddit?
>>
>>2745911
It means OP found the article via reddit.

Fucking exposed, seems like a T-Rex might be as intelligent as a chimpanzee, but OP certainly isn't.
>>
>>2745907
Yeah and they also told me that t.rex could open it's mouth like a snake and teleport 6 meters in every direction
I'll believe all of this shit when i see a t.rex in real life
>>
>>2745907
>reddit
HISSSSSS
>>
>>2745924
kys.
>>
File: t rekt.jpg (182 KB, 1920x1080)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>2745912
OP JUST GOT T-REKT
>>
op goes to reddit and can't spell intelligent
LMAO
what a chump
>>
>>2745912
>reads article
It also doesn’t say anything about chimp intelligence. It says “they had a brain ratio comparable to chimpanzees”. This says nothing about intelligence, just brain size and ratio. Yeah and whales have giant ass brains OP, doesn’t mean they vote or work for NASA or anything. You misread your own posted article.
>>
>>2745909
LINK SAYS REDDIT BY THE ARTICLE SCREAMS TUMBLR:
>When we caught up with him by phone at the University of Edinburgh, in Scotland, where he is now a fellow, he explained how new technology is revolutionizing our understanding of Tyrannosaurus rex; why China is a hotspot for fossil dinosaurs; and how many of today’s paleontologists are women.
>and how many of today’s paleontologists are women.
>>
>>2746169
op cant understand the article either. Maybe he believed the reddit headline that said "omg t rex is as intelligent as chimps" and like most people, they only read and upvote based on the headline.
>>
>>2746226
I find it strange that there are so many programmes to help women in University when they are doing so well already.

Just yesterday in my zoology meeting, 11 out of 12 attendees were female, half of them professors or phD level.
>>
>dinosaur
>smart
>>
>>2746256
yeah, women surpassed men in college studies a decade or two ago.

They're not strongly represented in STEM yet though. Mostly because they tend to dislike it or suck at it. Biology is the only real exception, but it's also the easiest and softest science.

women are on average more intelligent than men, but when men are intelligent they tend to be much more intelligent than women. Exceptions exist of course. The smartest person in the world is a woman.
>>
>>2746459
I thought both men and women have a similar average intelligence, but men tend to have more geniuses and more idiots (higher variance).
>>
>>2746256
It's a (((deliberate program))) to suppress white men.
>>
>>2746256
its because the programs are from before when women were actually doing worse in terms of college attendance. It's just that the programs still exist while statistics have changed and there's no real reason for a college to simply shut them down out of nowhere when a bunch people are benefiting off the program
>>
>>2746489
they are still actively handing out more free shit for WOMEN ONLY. If they stop it, the women who previously got benefits still have their benefits.
>>
>>2746492
ok? I mean that's what I wrote. What are you trying to say mate?
>>
>To me, it’s the epitome of dinosaur success.
Yes, the dinosaur that went extinct is the ultimate dinosaur success story. Not, y'know, the species that went on to cover the entire planet and be absolutely everywhere to this very fucking day.
>>
>>2746493
>there's no real reason for a college to simply shut them down out of nowhere when a bunch people are benefiting off the program

So there is no harm in stopping the programs now. They dont need to give anything else out. however they are still actively doing this shit and there are flyers everywhere about 'helping da womans' in university when they dont need it anymore. There is a reason to shut down the continued giving out of free shit to women. The ones who already benefitted, whatever. Just stop with the myth that women need help as if they are crippled.
>>
>>2746531
>Just stop with the myth that women need help as if they are crippled.
you are getting way to reeee about this mate. If you are a college, your goal is to foster education/thinking and produce high end students. If there is a program that has produced high end students, helped a large portion of the population become educated, and fostered thinking, that program is a success. From the college's point of view, why shut down said successful program? It's produced results, so it's safe to assume it will continue to produce results. And like other anon say, there is a disproportionate amount of females in STEM majors. From the college's point of view this means there is a disproportionate amount the population that does not have high end education in STEM fields. Stop thinking in terms of gender and think in terms of producing students, you'll see there is no reason to shut down said program from the college's perspective
>>
>>2746468
afaik women consistently average higher than men.

as you say, men have higher variance. We're more likely to be idiots than geniuses though.
>>
>>2746510
If the space rock never dropped we wouldn't exist
>>
>>2746596
we don't exist but you don't know it.

you can't know about all the people you aren't, but it's most of them.
>>
>>2746541
>Stop thinking in terms of gender and think in terms of producing students

Yes, i agree, so they should offer this program to everyone, or no one. There should not be discrimination based on gender. Females should not be given special treatment.
>>
>>2746699
if you take it away women go back to performing worse.

this is why autistic people like yourself aren't put in charge of things. Your disabled mind can only produce false dichotomies which result in extreme vacillations in whatever you touch.

they're not going to stop the programs that help women because without them women do worse than men.
>>
>>2746699
did you read anything I said? You are still thinking it terms of gender and not college POV. To the college, women are simply a group that they are giving aid to, it's no different from giving aid to poor people, or incredibly smart people or athletic people. A simple group that is getting aid
>>
>>2746702
>if you don't give people extra help they perform worse
No shit.
>>
>>2746711
I don't care what the college thinks. I think that they are wrong and they should be giving aid to any good student, not just exclusively to women. They are still making new programmes for women exclusively.
>>
Hhhj
>>
>>2746766
>I don't care what the college thinks.
protip: they don't care what you think, they have their goals just like you do.

Mate why are you so butthurt? Guess what, sexism exists, deal with it like how women dealt it with for entirety of human existence. Do you want colleges to stop handing out help to poor people, athletes, mega nerds, or anyone else as well? That would be fair wouldn't it? Is the whole point of your replies just to express your buthurt emotions in hopes to find someone that agrees with you and make you feels better and empowered? Or you just want to voice your opinions because you believe other people hearing your opinions is important? If yes, just say so. I'll larp as someone who agrees with your sentiment, just so you can get your feelings of frustration of your chest. You won't even know it's me.
>>
>>2746776
I am a woman. I dont like sexism against men or women. I have my opinions. You wont change them. I think the colleges are wrong.
>>
>>2746789
you should go to college, it'd change your mind.
>>
>>2746789
I agree, sexism should not exist in any form, colleges included.
>>
>>2746791
Ive already graduated.
>>
>>2746789
mate, please take stick out of your ass. I wasn't trying to change your opinion, only to show what colleges think. You quite literally just proved my point about you replying solely to voice your sentiments and personal opinions as a form of release.
>>
>>2746771
Underrated
>>
>>2746797
and im just saying what i think. I dont think it is such a big deal. you dont need to keep responding to my opinions online.
>>
>>2746459
>The smartest person in the world is a woman.
Citation really fucking needed.
>>
>>2746776
>(((they))) have their goals
We know.
>>
>>2746776
>like how women dealt it with for entirety of human existence
For many pretty good reasons I must add.
>>
>>2746677
Fuck off to /x/
>>
It is weirdly fascinating to know that the Tyrannosaurus rex was more intelligent than all of it's "fanbase"
>>
>>2746789
this. I don't why college hur dur about equality so much when they give handouts to people who don't need them, i.e. women
>>
>>2746819
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marilyn_vos_Savant
>>
>>2747172
I don't know what you guys are bitching about.
Colleges also give aid to disabled people like you and you don't hear anyone complaining about that.
>>
>>2747248
Why did you care so much about other people's opinions? People will express their opinions on perceived injustices. If you don't like it, fuck off back to your tumblr safe space.
>>
>>2747446
>replies to someone's opinions
>says fuck off
>accuses someone of wanting a safespace
ok.
>>
>>2747453
That person was criticizing individuals. They can be told to fuck off because they are complaining about individuals on 4chan expressing ideas and opinions that are not criticising individuals.

The other commenters were expressing opinions about injustices in society. They were not complaing about how others on 4chan had different opinions.
>>
>>2747465
>They can be told to fuck off because they are complaining about individuals
>If you don't like it, fuck off back to your tumblr safe space.
ok.
>>
>>2747465
>They were not complaing about how others on 4chan had different opinions.
you mean like how you are complaining about someone who has a different opinion?
>>
>>2747465
I wasn't criticizing anyone.

pointing out that you're mentally disabled is not criticism.

you can't help it any more than women can help being born female. It's not your fault.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.