[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Does anyone have that giant list of animal species negatively impacted by feral cats?
I remember a guy here dumping it a while back and for the life of me can't find it
>>
heres a tldr version

40% birds
40% mice
10% squirrels
8% feral dogs
<2% other
>>
>>2746328
I think you’re talking about the only study ever done. It was done on a small island. An island known for its massive population of cats. It’s is one of the most flawed studies to this day. The island had zero other predators. Nothing keeping the cats in check.
>>
>>2746672
feral dogs? know why?
>>
>>2746695
Because dogs are #metoo
>>
>>2746697
kek
>>
>>2746680
No, it was like this online database, it wasn't one specific study. Was species from all over the world, hundreds of them
>>
>>2746799
There’s only one study. Everything is based off that. It’s incredibly flawed.
>>
I don’t remember, but you can sorta use IUCN red list the same way. Just mess with the advanced settings to only include threats that are named animals. You have to manually pick out which ones have cats specifically as a significant threat, and not a minor one compared to habitat loss, but it does give you sources to the various journal articles the data came from.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.