[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Capture.jpg (71 KB, 599x434)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
What can you do about the dog meat festivals, /an/?
>>
File: 675.jpg (45 KB, 640x634)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>muh semi-sentient glorified rats!
fuck off basedboy nobody cares
>>
Me? I can't do anything. But something they should do for people to stop whinning about it is better regulations and actually take good care of the animals before they are made food off. I don't care people eat dogs, I just don't like the conditions they are kept in and how they are killed. So yeh, better regulations.
>>
>>2812806
Leave it alone. There are many people in China advocating against the cruelty so give it time and let them run their own country. Or just go to China and buy some dogs
>>
>>2812806
nuke China
at least half of humanity's issues would be solved or greatly alleviated with this solution, why haven't we done it already?
>>
>>2812806
Spreading awareness helps.
>>
>>2812806
Eat fewer dogs.
>>
>>2812851
>Destroy China
>Destroy India
>Stop giving food to Africa

Boom, world saved
>>
>>2812838
found the gook
>>
>>2812806
>What can you do about the dog meat festivals, /an/?
Nothing, there is no salvation.
Seriously, these poor creatures don't deserve this kind of treatment, ppl are egocentric and don't think in these dogs.
They just don't care about how these doggos are suffering in pain, and don't give a fuck about our opinion.
I'm sorry, i'm just exausted of this. NUKE IT!
>>
>>2812838
Filter raping you into submission
>>
>>2812806
Tfw vegans were right.
God I still hate them so much.

Genetics notwithstanding the best way to live your life is:
>minimalism
>higher education in STEM
>vegan
>crossfit
>owning a gun
>running your own business
>having exactly two genetic offspring
>>
File: 1536738935940.png (26 KB, 625x626)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>2812926
>>
>>2812875
This would unironically save the workd, along with Americans killing themselves already
>>
>>2812875
Throw in pinching the nose and you've got yourself a deal.
>>
>>2812806
>What can you do about the dog meat festivals

Stock up on BBQ sauce?
>>
>>2812806
The next time the Chinese officials are putting on some big show anywhere in the world to advertise the brand that is PRC, embarrass them with footage, like what Ric did to the jap representative at that international whaling commission with video of the cove. If you work at a hotel or venue where they’re doing something run some video like dogs in boiling oil, right when all the western suits and their wives are eating dinner.
>>
>>2812806
post a very stern message about it on facebook
>>
What's wrong with them eating dog? We eat cows don't we? Pigs are smarter than dogs and we eat those as well.
>>
>>2812842
This.
>>
>>2813074
>pigs are smarter than dogs
I don't believe you.
>>
>>2813077
You don't have to.
>>
>>2812806
Absolutely nothing, hope they don't suffer that much and a mega earthquake fucks every part of China, subhumans cunts
>>
>>2813074
we dont boil them alive
>>
>>2813135
But are they tho?
>>
>>2812838
天安門廣場大屠殺
>>
>>2812926
>>crossfit
If you know anything about fitness, you know emphasizing number of reps over form is literally worse than doing nothing if you don't want to live your elderly life at a 90 degree angle.
>>
>>2813150
hard to measure "smarter than dogs", but pigs are absolutely really intelligent
>>
File: 866666.png (124 KB, 680x680)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
>>2813149

https://metro.co.uk/2016/08/30/pigs-and-chickens-were-boiled-alive-at-slaughterhouses-animal-welfare-report-reveals-6098320/
>>
>>2812926
This is just a basic yuppie white guy lifestyle
>>
Absolutely nothing. It's better they're eating a domesticated animal in excess supply than the endangered native wildlife.
>>
>>2813067
So long as you don't value your job, or the jobs of your management it's a good plan.
>>
>>2813269
They're doing it because they think dogs have health benefits, like how people think oysters can give you erections. It's less about food and more about retards who don't know how medicine works.
>>
>>2813077
Most small dog breeds are dumb as bricks.
>>
>>2812806
What's the difference between these dogs and all those pigs and cows you eat?
Not a vegan, but you fags are fucking hypocrites.
>>
File: the wrath of god.jpg (96 KB, 1024x756)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>2812806
>>
>>2812806
Could be worse at least its not Rattlesnake roundups where they make a show out of killing rattlesnakes
>>
>>2812806
Spreading veganism or try to convince them to only eat expensive meat produced as eco- and animal friendly as possible?
>>
>>2812914
I hope you get just as angry about how the US and europe treat pigs and cows.
>>
>>2813513
>I hope you get just as angry about how the US and europe treat pigs and cows.

we don't boil our animals alive to cause the most severe pain possible in some archaic belief this will make the meat taste better (that ofc is a proximate BS, cultural relativist, apologist excuse put forward; the bipedal arthropodes ofc do this because they just like inflicting pain). this is how we "treat" cows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaxYqSripXQ
>>
It upsets me. I don't feel good about treating commonly eaten animals this way either, it's why I personally decided to stop eating meat. Call it Western sensitivity/sentimentality, but Dogs in particular just seem so wrong to kill and eat, they are very intelligent animals and it breaks my heart to see them treated like this.

I don't have a problem with people eating meat (How could I? We've always eaten meat.) I don't really have a problem with hunting for food or even local farms where people actually treat the animal with some degree of kindness and reverence for the ultimate sacrifice it has to make for you to eat it, it's how this happens on a huge industrial scale that bothers me. Our population is too big. I'm not sure how this can be fixed.
>>
>>2813539
Synthetic meat is probably a good route to go. There will probably always be an industrial level market for real meat, though, whether anyone likes it or not.

I don't know if it soothes you any, but I don't get too bent about the dog stuff. I love dogs but there's a dissonance for me because it's someone else's country. They have huge groups fighting against those cruelties within their own nation, and we have a million problems of our own in the states (or wherever you live) concerning unimaginably, pointlessly cruel treatment of intelligent, living things that we should focus on all the same. They're working on their thing, we're working on ours, or at least we should instead of reeeing about it on social media echo chambers.
>>
File: IMG_20180715_090116.jpg (682 KB, 1536x1688)
682 KB
682 KB JPG
>>2812806
My favorite part about Vietnam.
>>
>>2813878
rib and beans
>>
>>2812926
>crossfit
fucking 30 year old boomers
>>
>>2813880
Kek
>>
>>2813878
What does the dog taste like? No Canadian answers pls.
>>
>>2813914
Kind of like how General Tso's Chicken would taste without the sauce.
>>
>>2813935
So red chicken?
>>
>>2812926
>having exactly two genetic offspring
Enjoy being replaced.
>>
>>2812806
China deserves to be nuked
All dogs go to heaven, afterall.
>>
>>2813067
Would be awesome if actually pulled off.
>>
>>2813074
The question always gets strawmanned into a moral argument and into the context of bigotry while the actual difference between raising dogs and pigs (or cows for that matter) is that dogs are carnivores and raising carnivores for food is wasteful for obvious reasons.
>but the other day on Pinterest I saw a womyn raise xir pooch on a vegan diet, doggos aren't actually carnivores
Yes they are carnivores and they might survive on a diet without meat for a while but there won't be much to eat in the end.
>>
>>2813074
Different cultures, really; in the west, dogs are meant to be a lot of things, companions, friends, workers, emotional support, guardians, soldiers, rescuers, hunters, scavengers. The western man has a very close emotional bond with their canine friends, and thats why eating dogs is percieved as a special kind of fucked up crime.
Obviously, the East does not have such thigh bond, and they result to eat dogs for they have no such emotional unity with them.
Being morally wrong or not is completely subjetive, it's a social construct; however dont expect your typical american/european to be happy at the sight of asian people eating dogs.
>>
>>2813279
This is true for a lot of things China does.
They literally think that snorting rhinoceros or tiger parts is ancient Chinese medicine that actually cures limp dick syndrome. Some ancient medicinal ideas actually work, but these ones aren't even ancient and weren't even invented in China. The idea that it's ancient or chinese was western marketing from the 1950s.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.