[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

How do we fix this?
>>
>>2386439
Implying this isn't the best wrestling company right now.
>>
Hire Brad Maddox
>>
>>2386448

That's fucking sad.
>>
They're doing fine. From being on the brink of death just over 10 years ago, to increasing their revenue every year and what not. They'll never get back to where they were in the 80s or 90s tho

They're kind of how I'd imagine WCW would be like if they were still alive today.
>>
Honestly? Just keep doing what they're doing. Right now NJPW has the best booking and the best matches in the business. Word of mouth is constantly seeing their fan base grow, and their making stars out of guys that no one else could, like Omega and the Young Bucks.

If they keep on this road they'll have a great future. It won't happen over night, and it would be a loooonnngggg time before they ever get to be a serious or credible threat to WWE, but they're doing everything right in paving the road to get their.
>>
>>2386458

It really isn't though.. name one better without mentioning Joshi, fuccboi.
>>
>>2386439
>386439>>2386448How do we fix this?
Make it more acessible, i dont know where i can watch this without knowing yellow monkey language
>>
They have to draw a few dimes so they can finally get out of the bingo halls. Next step would be to hire wrestlers who can actually draw and have charisma. Finally design some belts that look prestigious and not like some cheap carp from the dollar store. They might be able to get on nxt level in a decade or so if they follow the plan.
>>
>>2386515
should these new belts spin?
>>
>>2386496
>yellow monkey language
Idiots like this are the main ones posting 'hurrr outlaw bingo hall' shitposting.
>>
>>2386522
If John cena and paige have taught us anything it's that spinners draw dimes.
>>
>>2386539
Stop being triggered and answer his question
>>
File: th (6).jpg (14 KB, 246x183)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
Something like this. As you can see it just glows with prestige and looks like some thing you would be willing to fight over. I speak for everyone when I say new jap bingo wrestling(if that's what they call what they're doing LMAO) could come along way with a nice looking belt like this.
>>
>>2386439
You don't, let this garbage die. Live action anime has no place in today's society.
>>
Less multi man tags, more feuds for Jr Heavyweights. If they're not competing for the title Jr Heavyweights have nothing to do and rarely get into feuds.
>>
>>2386763
Using terms like Jr heavyweights(wtf is this shit LOL) is a huge problem. Nobody wants to see a bunch of manlets who can't get on all the rides at Disney World wrestle(i use this term very loosely). Vince needs to do the nips a favor and purchase this shitty backyard fed and show them how to correctly put on a professional wrestling show.
>>
>>2386777
wtf? Are you having a stroke?
>>
>>2386876
I like real wrestling not nippy trailer park flippy shit. Wwe is the pinnacle of professional wrestling. I know you might pretend to like it to fit in when in reality you're nothing more than a clandestine nip acolyte.
>>
>>2386892
>Wwe is the pinnacle of professional wrestling.

You're confirmed as an autistic faggot for posting this.
>>
>>2386929
I know it's hard for you to accept the truth that your shitty underground karate fed trying to compete with WWE is like a yard sale going up against Wal-Mart but facts are facts. WWE is the only professional wrestling company on the planet. Everything else that claims to be a wrestling(this is miscarriage of justice to even call it that lol) promotion is like a crackhead calling himself a doctor because he found a thermometer in the dumpster.
>>
>>2386929
Nip acolyte confirmed
>>
>continued revenue growth year on year
>dominates there own country
>making inroads into new markets
>NJPW Dojo has created way more stars than the performance centre has
>lost their biggest foreign draw and replaced him with Omega who is now bigger in Japan than AJ ever was
>lost Nakamura and replaced him with Naito who has overtaken him in overness
The real question is, how the fuck do we stop them from beating WWE?
>>
>>2387001
There are no stars in Japan. AJ styles was a nobody until Vince McMahon in his infinite wisdom decided to change his gimmick and make him a star. Nakaflocka or whatever that nips name is and ASSooooka are purely affirmative action hires so Vince can get a tax cut. They will never see the main roster(vince understands putting nips on tv is ratings suicide which is why New Japan Trash Fighting is going broke HaHa).
>>
>>2386957
>Being a dense mark

WWE doesn't even identify itself as a professional wrestling company let alone consider themselves wrasslin' anymore, your argument is 20 years past expiration and only plebs such as yourself buy into this simple minded notion / idea that "OMMMERGAWWD WWE RULEZIZ ALL!11!!" and has some almighty power over the industry when they've done nothing but lose fans to alternative companies with superior products and many other forms of entertainment. Stay in denial.
>>
>>2386777
>>2386892
>>2386957
>>2387033
>falseflagging this hard
>>
File: B6xE3MTIEAEogU6.png (171 KB, 600x336)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
Is it just me or would having Omega go over been a great start to a third monday night war?
>>
>>2387075
A third Monday night war would turn out for New Japan Autistic Gymnastics like WW2 did for Japan.
>>
>>2387001
They also promote their guys in various shows, star in movies, games and commercial with the time they have
>>
>>2387088
No country of relevance will ever see these though. It's really hard to grow out of being niche form of entertainment when you can't make fans in America.
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 750x750)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>this anti-smark sperglord meltdown is brought to you by New Japan GOAT Wrasslin
>>
>>2386496
It airs on AXS TV every Friday night. Josh Barnett and Jim Ross do the commentary.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (3 KB, 77x113)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
>>2387116
This is a draw in New Japan Flea Market Fed. This is why the company is on the verge of collapse.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (3 KB, 148x86)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
This is a draw in WWE(the one true professional wrestling company fyi). WWE is a billion dollar global corporation(this speaks volumes) who's market keeps expanding(this is why they call it the WWE universe).
>>
>>2387130
>This is why the company is on the verge of collapse.
Fake news
>>
>>2387146
I know more about this than you do. You can't keep a company afloat when your target audience are autistic anime worshippers who think 4 foot manlets like omegaman are legitimate athletes(I speak for everyone when I say this).
>>
>>2387159
hence why their profits and revenues have increased every year for the last five or something
>>
>>2387163
You really can't call ramen noodles and cheap imitation sushi profits(LMAO).
>>
>>2387116
Tell me Jim Ross didn't lower himself to do this.
>>
>>2387349
He's been working for them since 2015 as far I can tell..
>>
>>2387356
Oh god how the mighty have fallen
>>
>>2387114
Who the fuck is this? Please tell me he isn't a wrestler.
>>
Put Vince in charge of booking and get the strap on Roman STAT.
>>
>>2387490
This is a good idea
>>
>>2387476
He's your new stepdad. Congrats! Maybe he'll take you to Laser Tag tomorrow after he picks you up from 10th grade.
>>
>>2386492
CMLL, Progress and WWE.
>>
File: image.gif (83 KB, 200x200)
83 KB
83 KB GIF
>>2388713
>WWE
>>
>>2388746
Don't be a hater. WWE is based.
>>
File: tamatonga.gif (1.96 MB, 500x240)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB GIF
>>2386439
Push tama, let suzukigun win more, let chaos and los continue their thing and let the bullet club just dissolve by itself.
>>
>>2388778
Tama had new pants yesterday, maybe he's going solo.
>>
>>2386439
The only thing really holding them back is the fact that they constantly shit up their shows with uninteresting tag-team clusterfucks. Every show is the same, 1/3 of the card is just a forgettable pointless mess.
>>
>actual top guys who are over and can draw

What's the problem?

>>2386515
Reminder that NJPW outdrew WWE in Korakuen.
>>
>>2387095
>Yakuza 6
>>
>>2386439
bring back kickboxing
>>
>>2387506
>KUSHIDA will never be your Dad

;_;
>>
>>2386492
>name one better without mentioning ones that are better
The state of Gedo marks
>>
>>2386439
Get someone who gives a shit to book the Jr and tag divisions. Find a way to make Okada wrestle a fresh match that doesn't involve his usual formula. Less tags that don't set up feuds. More feuds that aren't solely for titles. Get rid of the G1 briefcase. If you keep it, at least have the briefcase winner actually win at WK. Have someone lose the briefcase. Bring back Sho and Yohei already. Stop working with ROH. The list goes on
>>
File: PWG.jpg (25 KB, 625x350)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>2386492
PWG
>>
>>2386492
>name one better company without mentioning a better company
the absolute shantytown of gook lovers
>>
>>2386492
BJW is consistently a better show top to bottom of the card, NJPW you don't have to bother watching anything that isn't the last three matches
>>
>>2389466
I think this years G1 winner wins at the Dome. And it will be Okada beating Omega. And I will be sad, cause I am putting away money to fly to Tokyo for 1/4. And for other events around WrestleKingdom date in Korauken.
1/4 will be my first ever live wrestling event. I have never seen it live before so I want to start with the best.
>>
>>2389466
Literally all 3 of Okadas last single matches have been completely different, what have you been watching?
>>
File: image.png (594 KB, 1024x600)
594 KB
594 KB PNG
Pretty good match on right now lads
>>
>>2389543
Nope. Every Okada title match is the same - first half of shit that ultimately doesn't matter, the first Rainmaker gets dodged or countered, then the actual match starts. Do some more stuff, elaborate Rainmaker/other person's finisher extended counter sequence, done
>>
>>2389546
It sounds like you're just talking about all singles matches lmao
>>
>>2389546
The only one in vaguely recent memory that was actually intriguing was his G1 match against Marufuji, mainly because it involved Marufuji beating the shit out of his arm for the entire match with legit good limbwork and then Okada lost like he should have after taking that amount of punishment. Compare and contrast with the Suzuki match where Okada has his leg torn off for 40 minutes and then wins. That's the shit I'm talking about that needs to end
>>
File: why.png (2.19 MB, 1920x1080)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB PNG
>>2389550
It's almost as if NJPW actually has some real flaws!
>>
>>2389551
So how is 40 minutes of working a leg and selling it well similar at all to any of his other matches
>>
>>2389556
He didn't sell it well. He still did all of his signature flourishes that he shouldn't have been able to do with the leg - the kip up etc. People try to pass it off as "oh he's showing that he's fighting through it as the defender of NJPW!" or some bollocks but that only holds so much weight with me, especially when he's in there against a guy whose kayfabe submission skills are put over as godly. Okada is 100% capable of having an amazing main event match, but the amount of times he actually does is pretty fucking small
I don't even fully blame him for it, NJPW main event style in general sucks and he has to work within the confines of it
>>
>>2389551
Most Okada matches in the G1 are based as fuck. In fact, every time he isn't in le 40 minute epic mode he's a fun wrestler. He's low key the best part about fantasticamania every year.

That Ishii match last year and his G1 match with Marufuji were leagues ahead of him vs Omega imo.
>>
>>2389560
unless you want him to get a wheelchair mid match I don't know what you want out of the guy
>>
>>2389561
Agreed.
>>
>>2389470
Joshi is Japanese too stupid white boi
>>
>>2386492
BJW, AJPW and DDT alone in the same country are better.
>>
>>2386439
1. Push Ishii
4. Push Ishii
1. Push Ishii
>>
>>2389560
Btw I just watched the match again and he was selling the leg whole time. After kip up he almost fell down.

So sorry, I don't agree with you and I think you just don't like NJPW so you will find errors in his matches you wouldn't found in other people's matches.

So let's agree to disagree.
>>
>>2389653
The kip up shouldn't have been there at all, and he did his reverse neckbreaker on the leg he'd been "selling" the entire match with no issue

>you will find errors in his matches you wouldn't found in other people's matches
Other people aren't the top guy in the company. But plenty of people in NJPW have the problem of having formulaic matches that depend too much on hitting signature spots regardless of what's actually happened in the match. I hate Shibata's no-sell spots where he just pops up from germans or backdrops etc with a completely blank expression, for example

I have the same opinion of NJPW as I do every other promotion: I like the stuff they do that's good and don't like the stuff they do that's stupid bullshit, which they have plenty of but never gets acknowledged because liking NJPW is the in thing these days. I think you sound like a mark who's emotionally invested in defending a wrestling promotion so whatever, "agree to disagree"
>>
so i remember watching wrestlekingdom early this year and from what i watched i didn't like it

>rumble sucked
>tiger match was pretty cool
>young cucks match was cringeworthy.
>clusterfuck match was kinda fun
>cawdy match sucked
>ROH match sucked
>tag match i don't even remember
>jr match was great except for that absolutely infuriating ending. they book it like a perfect underdog babyface match and then he just loses like a geek.

The only reason i was watching was for le six star match but after the stuff I went through I couldn't keep going. The commentary was absolutely terrible too, the crowds felt flat and there was terrible pacing between matches. As soon as one match finishes the next one starts straight away, really burns you out. And why the fuck did almost every single title change? That was the stupidest part of the event.

Overall, I don't get it.
>>
>>2389682
>don't watch any of the build
>don't know any of the stories
>"the title changes were stupid"
good shootin tex
>>
>>2389696
having almost every single title change on one show is stupid.
>>
>>2389707
Explain why.
>>
>>2389713
because almost every match was completely predictable since every single match before it had a title change and it gets very repetitive after a while of that
>>
>>2389716
NJPW having predictable booking has nothing to do with title changes. Everyone with sense that follows it could have told you the results of every match on the show a month beforehand
>>
>>2389707
Not if it makes sense in story. It was about BC going to shit, LIJ getting all the titles and CHAOS getting some redemption after everyone except okada eating shit all year.

Also, the fuck are you doing watching njpw undercards. Also the junior match was all about Hiromu's unpredictable wrestling style getting past Kushida and it taking everything to put Kushida out. Kushida almost dying at the start and the botch from hiromu in my opinion fit into that story. Kushida recovers and gets some offense in and works the arm, Hiromu powers through it and slams Kushida into the corner and hits the finish.

Kushida took some brutal shit to be put out and a new top guy is established in the jr. division. Rightfully so to since Hiromu is the most charismatic and best overall junior in the world.
>>
>>2389682
Your mistake was watching the entirety of WK when maybe four matches on that show are worth watching and they're all in the second half
>>
>>2389587
>AJPW

my nigga
>>
>>2389727
>>2389682
Oh and your second mistake was falling for the "NJPW is the best in the world" meme, this guy knows: >>2389587
>>
File: 1473816799135.png (105 KB, 595x675)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
>>2386439
nothing to fix
>>
>>2389724
>>2389727
>>2389738
alot of people were saying it was the GOAT show, so i tried to watch the whole thing. Yes, im an idiot i know
>>
>>2389675
I like what they do, I like their formula, they basically do matches exactly for me. In your example - I LOVE Shibata's no sell spot.

Different strokes for different people.

I am relatively new fan of pro-wrestling, started just a year and a half ago. I am taking baby steps, right now I like NJPW, I haven't been let down by them so far, I started with them only in November, I am planning to go through all big shows from first AJ match with Okada in 2014.

Not enough time to dive into other stuff so far.
>>
>>2386515
This is bait.
>>
>>2389836
Pay no mind to puro autistis, i think a few days ago some guy said Gatoh move 666 and some promotion that i'd literally never heard of that isnt even on the RH archive were better, I'm almost convinced its just people who don't like new japan being praised as some god tier promotion but then get incredibly hyperbolic about it to the point of ridiculousness. It'd be nice if people could just say pretty much all notable mens promotions are doing well other than maybe W1 anf stop pointlessly shitposting but this seems to be a thing now
>>
>>2390250
>promotions have to be on the rh archive in order to be good
broke realhero wotas are something else
i guess rings isn't good either
>>
>>2390250
I even said NJPW has good stuff and that Okada isn't a bad wrestler, the style he works restricts him. NJPW fans, especially newer ones, have to be some of the most precious people in wrestling. Really dumb victim complex shit
>>
>>2390250
Gatoh Move is high art, buddy. You watch your fucking mouth
>>
>>2390297
I mean you said Okada didn't even sell well but almost everywhere else i saw pretty big praise for his selling in his match, it'd be quite different if you could at least agree that it was decent, I'm not going full meltzer here and saying it'll be used as an example of selling and taught at schools for years to come but if you're saying completely the opposite and saying his selling was shit its pretty ridiculous

>>2390288
I don't have any idea who you're even quoting, i have no issue saying shit like BJW is better becaue they probably are but going out of your way to find the most unknown ptomotions and saying they're better knowing literally noone but the 2 other people who watch it could even try to dispute it is pretty dumb
>>
>>2390250
And did you actually watch any of those promotions I went out of my way to recommend to you, or are you just dismissing them out of hand because of Gedo markery? You try to help people, and this is how they respond. Unbelievable, honestly.
>>
>>2390335
I don't think it was decent, though. To me it doesn't matter if he sold well for most of the match, if the ending stretch invalidated everything that happened before it, the selling was bad. That's a recurring thing that happens in Okada main events and it needs to stop
Other people praising the match doesn't really mean much to me, especially since there's a large subset of NJPW fans deflecting any criticism of the promotion for whatever reason
>>
>>2390337
Which ones are you referring too? I watch most of Noahs big shows, very little dragon gate pretty much no AJPW and I've watched just the Strong BJ Twin Towers match from january, I'd probably watch more BJW if the audio and video quality wasn't so bad
>>
>>2390335
i'm quoting you nimrod, you literally used "isn't even in the rh archive" as a descriptor like it means anything
>>
>>2390347
Did you watch Gatoh Move at all? If you haven't sat through an entire Chocolate Square card from Gatoh Move, I don't think you're qualified to comment on "puro autists" and their tastes, thank you.
>>
>>2390348
Where did i say it had to be on the RH archive to be good, i expanded my point in the post you quoted
>>
>NJPW marks get mad when someone names superior puro because it's obscure comparatively
>they get mad when people bring up WWE being bigger

Pottery
>>
delete roh
>>
>>2390371
I don't think you're really getting my point, this isn't talking about how good they're, if you're supposed to be recommending stuff to people using examples even more unknown than the big ones, in a thread about new japan and on a board like /asp/ it just seems quite dumb and pointless, if people don't even watch anything like AJPW or noah what makes you think they're gonna start watching Gatoh Move, 666 anf the other example that isn't even as easily accessible with it not being on the archive
>>
>>2390250
This, there's apparently a shitton of puro snobbery that goes on.
>>
>>2390449
Like 90% of it is people baitposting and babbies falling for it. The guy that dude is talking about was absolutely baiting and is still doing it in this thread
>>
>>2390371
>they get mad when people bring up WWE being bigger
no one gets mad about this because it has literally always been true
>>
>>2389587
Don't forget Dragon Gate, my nigga.

>>2389682
You do realize that everything from the Jr. title match onwards was what people were praising about the show, right?
>>
>>2390449
>people who have never watched jap wrestling that isn't NJPW claim it's the best in the world
>no, these are better
>SNOBS
Give me a break nerd
>>
>>2389682
>>2389707
>pleb /wwe/ babby confused by a biggest show of the year where something actually happens

Sorry there weren't enough Rock promos for you.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.