[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

During a convention today at the Cobo Center in Downtown Detroit, MI, Santino Marella faced off with Jim Cornette. As you can see in the video below (which does contain some explicit language), the two got into an argument.

An eyewitness told me that after the two faced off, Cornette packed up his stuff and left. I am sure Cornette will address it at some point in the near future. https://pwinsider.com/article/112774/jim-cornette-gets-into-it-with-santino-marella-at-a-convention.html?p=1
>>
BASED BIG MMA SANTINO WORKING THAT HYSTERICAL LIBERAL KEKNETTE
>>
angle for the marks
>>
File: i425^cimgpsh_orig.png (527 KB, 1266x748)
527 KB
527 KB PNG
>>3241505
>An eyewitness told me that after the two faced off, Cornette packed up his stuff and left
lmao, Cornette the Baby taking his ball and going home after being BTFO by Chadtino.
>>
>>3241521
You'd leave too nigga. You wouldn't want to get hit by the Cobra.
>>
File: images (19).jpg (5 KB, 270x187)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
Isn't PWInsider the fake news of dirtsheets? Ironic I know, but is it actually credible?
>>
>>3241514
this
dont get worked
>>
>>3241529
More credible and reliable than 99% of other sources in my experience.
>>
>>3241529
every (((news))) organisation is fake news. the only people you should trust are anonymous dudes with sweet statistics that agree with your politics.
>>
File: b0QMt2l.jpg (15 KB, 448x336)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>3241534

Fair enough. I'll keep an eye on it.

Cheers anon
>>
>>3241505
> (which does contain some explicit language

Oh noes the fucking video might trigger my faggot senses
>>
File: 14883214293563.jpg (72 KB, 402x383)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>cornette turns to the guy walking past

"Hey Look at this fucking guy trying to start a fight with me"
>>
>>3241535
Forfty percent of people know that.
>>
>>3241505
AHHAHAHHAAHHA not so tough now jim, stick to fucking with pussies like russo
>>
>>3241505
The Virgin Cornette
>wears thin-frame nerdy looking glasses
>always seen wearing suits to cover up the fact he lives like a slob normally
>addicted to soda
>complains about how wrestling sucks but doesnt do anything to change it
>holds on to how he previously managed a couple of memorable wrestlers
>plays tennis, the virgin's sport
>Vince Russo, Bill Watts, Kevin Dunn, Jim Herd, Ed Ferrera, Kenny Omega, The Young Bucks, all registered republicans, and Johnny Ace all share a condo in his head free of rent
>worked for mostly defunct promotions, WWF/E run was mostly forgettable and most people don't even know he worked there
>NWA "Invasion" consisted mostly of hasbeens, faggy new guys, and Dan Severn
>shat up TNA and got pissed off that Vince Russo was making that company great
>shat up ROH and basically nobody liked him
>liberal
>hates Dairy Queen
>doesn't believe in god
>has a criminal record
>never wrestled because he was too much of a pussy faggot
>was so autistic he would time matches and write what happened in them to Jerry Jarrett's mother
>never held a real job in his life
>now makes money reliving his past and doing shitty shoot interviews at a Motel 6 whining about what could have been
>terrified of flying in planes
The CHAD Santino
>believes in god, literally went to a catholic school
>has never seen a carbonated beverage in his life, drinks only water
>tries hardest to not communicate with anyone wearing glasses, will straight up ignore fans who have glasses on
>trained in judo and high school wrestler, could probably beat most pro wrestlers up in an actual fight
>6-1 in MMA
>one of the GOAT OVW gimmicks
>had comedy gimmick, exists to spite Cornette
>one of the most memorable debuts
>one of the most memorable gimmicks
>had many memorable segments
>injured himself in WWE so he could leave when he actually knew that WWE would be ruined by vanilla midgets and cornette's favorite indie wrestlers in a few years
>wife is bikini model
>daughter is model
>>
>>3241610
FUCKING BASED
>>
where is the fucking video?
>>
>>3241505
Santino: calm, level-headed, voice is room level
Cornette: red-faced, screaming in airport, talking to random people who have no clue who he is, tears rolling down his eyes

Cornette needs to quit
>>
>>3241621
i cant believe the reddit fags still circlejerk over the crazy fuck. Just embarrassing
>>
>>3241621
Cornettey is a legit psycho. Just whisper the name Russo around him and watch him go nuclear.
>>
Cornette needs to take a shower, hit the weights and get a clue.
>>
>>3241505
Don't like Jim,but Santino was pure cringe.Fuck him.
>>
>>3241752
Hello, Jim
>>
>>3241752
the boogeyman was way more cringe than santino, corny
>>
As some of us already know, Santino and Cornette have had heat for quite awhile (the slapping incident), heat moreso on Cornette's side.

This shit needs to stop. I like Cornette's shoot rants but he was wrong in the slapping incident and he's wrong here.

"Hey everybody look at this guy; he's trying to start a fight with me and I'm trying to walk away from him"

I'll give Santino wrong for stepping in front of him instead of just letting the loudmouth leave, and maybe Santino even started the whole interaction for all we know....but dammit, Cornette.

YOU'RE the one loudly talking aggressive shit about him during the conversation and calling him a joke to his face and all the other shit. Those are fighting words. You don't drop fighting words then act like the other guy is the sole instigator, just because he kept you from trying to sneak away after talking shit (without physically touching you).

These two need to squash this. This shit is just stupid at this point.
>>
>>3241514
Cornette doesn't work for any company. Why's he doing angles for free?
>>
>>3241767
Its the only way for him to keep relevancy
>>
>>3241759
>>3241763
Nope,i am a future gun owner and i voted for Trump.Just didn't think he was very funny,sorry you loved his cringy styling's.
>>
File: 8ae4a817eajoshmovado.jpg (47 KB, 600x633)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
I'm at this show. My only regret is that I won't get to hear Cornette's autistic screeching when the luchadors start flipping around.
>>
If you actually watch the video, it's clear that Santino is trying to get Cornette to hit him or some shit, maybe so he can sue him or something? I don't know, I thought Santino was running a gym now or whatever. Maybe he's strapped for cash? Either way props to Cornette for rising above in this scenario. I'm sure he wanted to slap him but I guess he knew that's what Santino wanted. Smart man.
>>
>>3241796
RISE ABOVE HATE
>>
>>3241763
>the boogeyman
Was the Boogeyman even Jim's idea?I love the Boogeyman because hes stupid,so did Jim actually come up with such a goofy cartoon character.I thought he hated those.
>>
File: 1434932547415.jpg (29 KB, 396x343)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>3241766
Hi, Santino. You're not a tough guy for picking a fight with a fucking 60 year old hick.
>>
>>3241854
>cornette fan an anime faggot

the STATE
>>
>>3241767
Podcast and he does indie dates. Could lead to a match were Corny manages some guy against Santino.
>>
>>3241859
If this were an angle, it would be in a room full of people. This took place outside the room and there were maybe 5 people walking by, one of whom just happened to be filming. We wouldn't even know about this if not for that one mark.
>>
>>3241505
BASED CHADTINO HAD CORNETTY SHAKING
>>
>>3241869
Then it would be too obvious dummy. They worked you so good you will fight people it's real.
>>
File: 1469413974052.png (145 KB, 900x758)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>>3241875
>Chad
>Manlet
>>
>>3241900
SPOTTED THE MANLET
>>
File: IMG_20171008_033005.jpg (295 KB, 1080x1687)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
>>
>>3241505

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRQzca5PkWw

>Some dumb youtube fag is flapping his jaw though.
>>
>>3241505
The moment when Cornette starts saying to a third guy that Santino wants to fight is funny as fuck.
>>
>>3241869
God damn you are the dumbest mark that doesn't understand how the internet works
>>
>>3242048
Cornette always the pussy as nigger
>>
>>3241610
cringe
>>
>>3242026
Why would a manlet say manlet's like Santino can't be Chads?
>>
>>3241793
Commissioner is saying both Cornette and Santino were kicked out by the venue, not that they walked out.
>>
>>3241505
Fake news until meltzer confirms
>>
>>3241529
PWInsider is the most reliable dirtsheet along with Pro Wrestling Sheet
>>
>>3242225
>>3241618
>>3241514
>>3241529

https://www. f a c e b o o k
.com/iamqball/videos/10155592476535851/
>>
>>3242053
for version without cuck talking through it see
>>3242238
>>
File: ech.png (36 KB, 629x504)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>3241782
>Nope,i am a future gun owner and i voted for Trump.Just didn't think he was very funny,sorry you loved his cringy styling's.
>>
cornette is a fat piece of shit with a burger addiction
>>
File: pepe.jpg (27 KB, 400x372)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>You were a nobody, You were a joke, You were the biggest loser in wrestling, and if I was younger i would whoop you good
>Cornette notices someone videoing his argument with Santino
>HEY HEY LOOK AT THIS GUY TRYING TO START A FIGHT AS I WALK AWAY, WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME, GET AWAY, GO HOME
>>
>>3242353
>Cornette of all people acting like an internet tough guy to people who can't/won't fight back like he always has
>he immediately starts trying to turn anyone who'll listen against Santino
>he'll then go on a rant about gun control when he's bragged in the past about threatening to shoot people like Brock Lesnar
Holy shit, he's seething. Santino should've just let him walk away but Corny came off the worse here.
>>
Here is the rest of the vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keuY3vC-dG8

Cuts a pretty good promo.
>>
Can we at least get a tastering. If either of these guys were black there would have been at least 3 bullets in them
>>
>>3242405

at 1:33

Cornette: "He walks up to me, tries to 'talk things out'.....I don't have a goddamn thing to say to you"

So Santino tried to bury the hatchet and Cornette wasn't having it.

Not gonna lie; I'm disappointed that Cornette didn't handle this better. Not saying he had any obligation to suddenly become friends with Santino but he could have left that conversation much better than how he did
>>
>>3242405
Jesus fucking Christ
There is NO FUCKING WAY this whole thing is just over Santino not selling properly for the Boogeyman
Something else had to have gone down between these two for Cornette to be this level of seething
>>
as I recall correctly didn't Cornette slap the shit out of Santino
>>
>>3242591
Jim Cornette was about to throw a Dairy Queen woman through a window because she got his order wrong. It is absolutely just because he didn't sell properly for the Boogeyman.
>>
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand WWE. The story is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of in-ring psychology most of the story lines will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Vinces nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from his Father beating him for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these stories, to realize that they're not just fun- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike WWE truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Enzo's existencial catchphrase "How you doin'?" which itself is a cryptic reference to his and Big Cass' secret affair. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Vince Mcmahons genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Roman Reigns tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
>>
Santino was in the wrong here. Cornette attempted to walk away about 15 seconds in and again at the end. Santino blocked him pretty aggressively towards the end of the video.

Sure, Cornette was swearing, but the video shows him attempting to get out of the situation whereas Santino was looking for a fight.
>>
>>3242591
In FCW or some other shit place .cornette slapped Santion in front of his kid. sAntimo didn't do anything back because he was afraid if he did he would lose his visa and be sent back to c
cAnada thusly fuckinh up his chance in the World Wrestling Entertainment
>>
>>3242606
>but the video shows him attempting to get out of the situation

Please stop.

If Cornette really wanted to get out of "the situation" he should have either just walked away without saying a word, or just said "I have nothing to say to you" and walked away. Now if Santino followed him or blocked his path after that, then he would have been 100% wrong.

But no. Cornette tore into him, then tried to dip out. Fuck that. You don't insult and cuss at somebody like that to their face in public, who came to you humble (by Cornette's own admission in the video above), and then expect to just walk away clean with no rebuttal like you're in a damn movie.

Cornette was the main instigator here; Santino just didn't help matters. He should have just left as soon as he saw Cornette was off and running at the mouth, and was not open to resolving their issue.
>>
>>3242405

what the fuck is wrong with Jim Cornette
>>
>>3242614

He slapped a man for not selling a retarded gimmick properly?

How the hell does this nutcase have fans?
>>
>>3242683
>holds an autistic grudge at Kenny Omega for working a few comedy matches for DDT in Japan and for no-showing a ROH event in favor of Japanese bookings
>screams about how wrestling should go back to 1983 in terms of realistic storylines and matches yet booked gimmicky shit in OVW like Leviathan and Boogeyman and hates Santino simply because he corpsed because his daughter was with him, to the point of slapping him in front of his kid
Probably because his shoot interviews used to be funny and informative, but he's definitely shown how crazy he is in recent years, case in point his promos on Russo started out hilarious but have gotten more and more deranged.
>>
Based Big Uncle Corny putting comedy jobbers exposing the business into their rightful place.
>>
>>3242659
He has anger problems. He gets pissed off easily and likes to talk shit about as many people as possible.

As a character that you watch on TV or listen to on a podcast, he seems entertaining. But in a real-life setting like this one, you realize he's really just a loud-mouth asshole.
>>
>>3242048
Italian midget BTFO
>>
>>3242048
>midget
>they're literally the same height
>>
Santino hopefully learned a lesson: some assholes just prefer to be miserable and hold onto hate for no good reason. And it makes no sense to try to get on good terms with them, or to stress about the fact that you're on bad terms with them. Just stay away from them and live your life.
Imagine trying to squash a beef with someone who previously assaulted you for a retarded reason like not selling a gimmick, only for that person to yell & swear at you and insult you. I know Santino was like ".....the fuck?" and got pissed when Cornette gave him that reaction for trying to squash the beef. You could tell he was mad from how he tried to keep Cornette from walking past him right after calling him every bad thing he could think of. He wasn't gonna let him just get away with that.
>>
File: IMG_2178.jpg (76 KB, 940x545)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Cornetetty is salty that Santino was more over than the Midnight Express, Rock N Roll Express and Terry Funk combined.
>>
>>3241505
its a work
>>
>>3243198
>One tries to pass himself off as a wrestler
>>
>>3242095
Santino pls kys
>>
Corny has always hated santino
>>
>>3243119
this
>>
It's insane how many people I see defending Cornette on this. Just because they hate Santino's run in professional wrestling.

For fuck's sake, even I think Santino's career was a joke. I don't even respect him as a wrestler either. But that doesn't mean I believe the guy deserves to get assaulted by some old angry fart that had a position of authority over him, or that he deserves to get shit-talked after he decided to be the bigger person and try to work things out with Cornette.

Every site I see talking about this, some idiot's running on about "Wow Cornette's got balls to say the same things to Santino's face that he does in his shoots; I respect him for that"....are you serious?

What is there to respect about an old loudmouth who's emboldened by the fact that if someone responds to his shit-talk by beating him up at a public event, he can have them arrested?

What is there to respect about a man who slaps someone that works for him because he knows if they fight back, they could get fired or even arrested and possibly deported?

Fuck Jim Cornette and all of his "it's okay to slap a comedy jobber" faggot fans.
>>
>>3244544
>Fuck Jim Cornette and all of his "it's okay to slap a comedy jobber" faggot fans.

Where on the doll did Based Old Timer Corny touch you?
>>
Ngl i think as autistic as this is its pretty based that cornette is not lowering his guard whatsoever and showing fear despite santino being into mma and cornettes old as fuck and not a fighter
>>
>>3244544
>beta nu-male: the post
>>
>>3244544 He means what he says and he says what he means, as a man, that's respectable, even if he's fuckin' nuts, it's not like you didn't see it coming.
>>
>>3242328
wheres my burger towell!!!!
>>
>>3242659
he's literally insane, idk why or how he's married.
>>
>>3241854
>Hi, Santino. You're not a tough guy for picking a fight with a fucking 60 year old hick.

Fuck Cucknette
>>
>>3242405
What the fuck is wrong with Cornette

You can tell Santino wasn't in the wrong by the way he walks away
>>
>>3241610

absolutely based, my man
>>
Based Corny telling this joke """""""wrestler""""""""" to fuck off and working the Drumpftards and marks at the same time
>>
>>3241610

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY ABOUT ME, YOU LITTLE FUCKIN MARK? I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW I GRADUATED TOP OF MY FUCKIN CLASS IN MID-SOUTH WRESTLING, I'VE DRAWN FUCKIN DIMES IN NUMEROUS TERRITORIES AND I'VE SPAT IN ED FERRARA'S FACE 300 FUCKIN TIMES FOR MOCKIN JR AND WRITIN FUCKIN DUCKMAN. I'M TRAINED IN GETTIN HEAT AND I'M THE TOP FUCKIN PROMO IN THIS BUSINESS. YOU'RE FUCKIN NOTHIN TO ME BUT ANOTHER HARDCORE WRESTLIN SUBHUMAN FUCKIN MARK.I WILL FUCKIN BURY YOU WITH A VERBAL TIRADE THE LIKES OF WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN SEEN ON KAYFABE COMMENTARIES, MARK MY FUCKIN WORDS.
*COUGH*
YOU THINK YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH EXPOSIN THIS BUSINESS WITH YOUR LITTLE DIRTSHEET? THINK THE FUCK AGAIN, YOU JOCKSNIFFIN MARK.AS WE SPEAK, I'M CALLIN THE ROCK & ROLL EXPRESS AND DANNY DAVIS SO YOU BETTER START MAKIN PEACE WITH YOUR FAKE ASS FUCKIN GOD. YOU'RE FUCKIN DEAD, SHITSTAIN. I CAN BE ANYWHERE IN A FEW DAYS BECAUSE I HATE FUCKIN FLYIN AND I CAN BURY YOU WITH OVER 700 VARIATIONS OF THE WORDS FUCK, SHIT, CUNT AND DICK AND THATS JUST WITH A LIVE MIC.NOT ONLY AM I EXTENSIVELY TRAINED IN SHOOTIN, I HAVE THE ENTIRE TAPE COLLECTION OF MID-ATLANTIC AT MY FUCKIN CASTLE AND I WILL USE IT TO WIPE YOUR "SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT" THE FUCK OUT. IF ONLY YOU KNEW THE DAMAGE YOU DID TO THIS BUSINESS WITH YOUR LITTLE FUCKIN STUNT WITH YOUR BUTTBUDDIES, MAYBE YOU WOULDA STAYED IN THE BACK AND HIT THE FUCKIN SHOWERS. BUT YA COULDN'T, BECAUSE YOU'RE HOPPED UP ON FUCKIN PILLS AND NOW YOU'RE GONNA GET FUCKIN SENT BACK TO DEVELOPMENTAL, YOU FUCKIN MARK. I WILL PISS SPRITE ON YOU AND WHIP YOUR FUCKIN ASS LIKE A DAIRY QUEEN EMPLOYEE.

THANK YOU, FUCK YOU, BYE.
>>
>>3241540

Lmao.
>>
>>3242683
its a mixture of "its still real to me dammit" autists and people that enjoy hearing him have a stroke over whatever stupid shit joey ryan did this week.
>>
>mfw Santino's kid ends up dead because Cornette is literally fucking insane
>>
Santino literally bullying cornette
>>
>>3241540
It matters if you're at work or some shit.
>>
>>3241505
I really wish someone would beat the fuck out cornette and deport his ass from the South.
>>
>>3242659

He is a leftist clown.
>>
>>3241514
a legit local police officer showed up.
No Police Department on Planet Earth would "participate" in something like this to "work the marks brother."
You are dumb.
>>
>>3242659
He's old, bitter about today on wrestling business and everything else. I really love his podcast and stuff. I don't know why he showed up at Wrestling Con event in Detroit. Hell he should have showed up Lance Russell funeral this weekend.
>>
>>3242683
simply Cornette is a huge legend to whole wrestling industry every time you mention about his name.
>>
>>3241505
If every company blacklisted Cornette, nothing of value would be lost.
>>
>>3253055
Everyone loves Cornette

Cornette being blacklisted would be tragic for the wrestling community.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.