[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 113.jpg (112 KB, 1200x1200)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>Having one "Guy" who is better than everyone else and never loses is a better idea than having several Tier 1 guys who can win and lose against one another.

Why is this?
>>
I actually really liked when they pushed Cena/Batista equally in 2007-2008.
>>
>>3241650
vince and roman having undeniable relationships backstage prove me wrong e-drones and marks hahaha
>>
>>3241698
same with Rock/Austin
>>
Reigns loses all the time though, faggot.
>>
>>3241650
Vince is stuck in a 1985 mindset and thinks he can make the next Hogan which will lead his company to the next golden age.
>>
>>3241728
Reigns only loses sometimes and almost always by shenanigans. And he only loses so he can overcome later on. Samoa Joe is the only win he hasn't gotten back and it's because Joe is hurt. Name another wrestler who kicks out of every finisher and pins everyone with only one of his own.
>>
>>3241650
I personally hate a dominate person. But history shows that brings in the marks

Hogan in the 80s, Goldberg in WCW., Tiger Woods in golf, Tyson in boxing
>>
>>3241650
>50/50 booking bs
Fuck off. The top draw should be clearly established as the best.
>>
>>3241728
Buddy, he hasn't lost clean in over a year and both guys who beat him clean in singles, he beat on TV earlier this year.

>>3241791
He pinned Joe in a multi-man, so even that's already extremely diluted. The actual one guy he hasn't gotten his win back from is Deano. I have no idea how he Dean's avoided it this long. I guess 'cause he went from the IC Title straight into a tag team program.

>>3241849
Yeah but Roman ain't drawin', so clearly people don't buy him in that role.
>>
What kind of bugs me a little about the Reigns push is when you're "the guy", you're doing Hulk, The Rock, Cena level stuff where you show up on the morning shows, public events, look good in front of PR people, and do stuff for kids.

Reigns in normal life is a charisma blackhole. The man can't even carry a wrestling match let alone a conversation.
>>
>>3241650
Because a TV show needs a main character. Because in combat sports, dominance sells.
>>
>>3241955
>Because a TV show needs a main character.
Ever hear of an ensemble cast?
>>
>>3241914
The lack of PR Roman does relative to the guys that have been in this role before him is truly startling.
>>
>>3241957
Leave that for The Wire or Downtown Abbey. People just want to have fun when they watch pro wrestling. They don't want to think about complex storylines or anything like that. It has always been like this in America because it works.
>>
>>3241961

Every interview with him is "Well, you know.. [random fed line]". Hate to say it but when Rollins was having that abysmal reign, he went on The Daily Show, he was on one of those reality shows where one of the people on there was a big fan, he did the toy commercials, he local news stuff. He was making the town.
>>
>>3242015
It used to work. Things have changed and its clear that innovation is needed when you look at the current state of the WWE.
>>
>>3241961
Any of the few interviews he's given he always comes off like such an arrogant prick. Just real thin-skinned about all the criticism he gets and clearly doesn't care about the fans, just cares about the people who have nice things to say about him.
>>
>>3242082
I can't even fathom Roman doing something like Daily Show or Mad TV or SNL. Not even for a second.

>>3242118
There's such a ridiculous contrast between him and guys like Cena and Batista. I get that he's not exactly in a fair situation, he didn't choose to receive the dumbest main event push ever, but he still just comes off like a meathead jock who's been told he's great his whole life and when he got to the big time, got a severe reality check.
>>
>>3242105
It works. You need one star beating tons of others. UFC did this with Ronda and it worked. Now that she's gone, they're struggling 'cause they can't find another draw, and it doesn't matter if they have the best athletes.

I think the problem with WWE is that they tried to replace Cena with a guy that doesn't back it up. Roman never looked comfortable being the goody two shoes. Everyone cheered him when he acted like a badass (TLC 2015, Raw when he won the title back).

Also, they pushed him hard when the Daniel Bryan storyline wasn't finished. And I say it because Triple H turning heel and screwing Bryan was great writing.
>>
>>3242177
>(TLC 2015, Raw when he won the title back).
What happened after this that made everybody go back to booing him?
>>
>>3242212
They made him become the goody two shoes again. Look at this segment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdWpMeTWjmc

Fucking cringe.
And in the next PPV (Royal Rumble), it was roman vs everyone. They wanted the whole roster to put over roman. Obviously, it backfired.
>>
>>3242246
>Roman putting the mic in there for the cop
Okay, that's a little funny.

But yeah this is pretty bad, it's just some super fake shit while Roman stands there like a hat rack the whole time.
>>
>>3241876
Are you saying Reigns is a draw?
>>
>>3241961
I had to hear an ad for him today on the radio advertising a local children's hospital and it was not good. When you can't even sound convincing in those charity ads like Cena, Hogan, Rock, Hart it's pretty bad.
>>
File: 33-Hulk-Hogan-Get.jpg (737 KB, 2048x1536)
737 KB
737 KB JPG
>>3241650
get a clue
>>
>>3241898
Roman pinned Dean at Survivor Series 2015

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.