[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: bretded.gif (2.31 MB, 317x237)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB GIF
How does Bret's career end up if Goldberg doesn't do this?
>>
Comes back to the WWF/E eventually and ends his career with a great feud against Kurt or Benoit.
>>
Comes back to WWE and main events Mania with HBK. Dimes city.
>>
>>4482648
This.

We probably would have gotten the 2010 HBK hug in like 2003 and had one more match where he finally puts Bret over
>>
File: bret.jpg (144 KB, 640x640)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>4482637
Gets those big Turner checks until WCW goes under, then head to some smaller promotion or just wait until TNA becomes a thing and have JJ book him the way he wants for a few years. Then back to the WWE for one last run, when he'd retire in his mid 50's.
>>
>>4482637
Short term Bret would have been in Jarrett's spot. Hogan would have never left. Steiner would have never become champ. Booker would only win his first title at Final Nitro since he was biggest name willing to jump.

Long term Bret as we all know was a bitter fuck no way he go back to WWE when his WCW contract ran out he would have followed Sting and Jarrett to WWA and later TNA
>>
>>4482648
>>4482652
He was never going to go back to WWF if Owen still died.
>>
>>4482637
Bret was about to retire no matter what. he was broken down as fuck
>>
He probably would have made a run in TNA and retired in 2006 when they started doing shows outside of Impact Zone. Do a short stint in WWE as either a legend contract or a GM role and promptly retires for good after the Benoit murder-suicide. Appears sparingly until the present.
>>
File: Mr-Anderson.jpg (158 KB, 400x400)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
Main eventing WAW against this man
>>
>>4482637
God, every time I see this it reminds me how much of a piece of shit mark Bill is and I hate him all over again.
>>
>>4483315
This
>>
>>4483368
Goldberg saved WCW from a Bret Hart reign of terror.
>>
Goes back to the WWE and has a mediocre rest of career as guys like Stone Cold, Rock, Undertaker, HHH, HBK (heh), etc. would (still) be placed above him.

Eventually would venture off to TNA/Impact like Angle did and ends up being their top guy for awhile before retiring to Sting and/or Kurt Angle at Bound for Glory.
>>
I don't get why people think Bret would continue post-WCW. Maybe part time but Bret already injury prone and frail, it's why the nWo 2000 failed.
>>
>>4482637
Not much.

He wasn't going back to WWE in 2002 or 2003, that's for sure.
>>
People were sick of Bret's shit and rough style so Goldberg essentially took 1 for the team by ending Bret's career for the benefit/safety of the rest of the roster, it's no coincidence that Goldberg was rewarded with an undefeated streak and World title run from doing this.
>>
Fuck Bret. Before this all he bitched about was how weak people work an you have to be stiff and lay them in to look real. Enjoy brain damage mark. Canada gave us the Shitman and Benoit
>>
This wasn't an out of the blue kick that fucked him up.

He was carrying bad injuries for months, he didn't take the time to heal properly. If it wasn't this kick something else would have done it.
>>
The concussion by itself didn't end Bret's career. the fact that he wrestled with it untreated was what killed him.
>>
>>4482637
Bret was at the end of his career, Goldberg just did him a favor by giving him a reason
>>
File: bretdelet.jpg (97 KB, 750x837)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>4482637
>>
>>4482637
I don't get how this ended his career. Bret was just a lazy fuck and had all his passion for wrestling sucked from him. He's basically proto CM Punk.
>>
>>4482648
>>4482652
>>4482656
He likely would have faced Angle or Benoit at one of the Brian Pillman Memorial shows
>>
>>4482652
Bret and Shawn killed business once, why would Vince do it again?
>>
Not with a bang but with a whimper
>>
>>4482637
How does Steve's career end up if Owen doesn't do this?
>>
>>4486132
Likely he would still be active as a part-timer like Haitch or Lesnar.
>>
>>4486132
He still had neck issues before but I guess he wouldn't decline like he did in 2002. He'd probably retire around 2005 and in all likelyhood have had a feud with Orton, Undertaker and a Mania rematch with Michaels. Oh, he'd definitely gotten into a program with Hogan. Finally he would be fed to Haitch at the high of his Reign of terror.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.