[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: gioyc.jpg (23 KB, 500x440)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
Get it off your chest.

What bad decisions have you made and or continue to repeat? We're all in this together.
>>
For me its addiction to day trading and swing trading. Its not so much a problem that I do it, its that I am impatient. I can make 1-5% gains a day but throw it away when the market goes sideways for too long.
>>
I bought 1500 ICX at $1.50 then panic sold at $1.20, then it proceeded to moon to over $10
>>
I sold BTC at 14k and then 15k, then rebought at 17k and 16k.

I sold 520 ONT at $1.20, it mooned to $4, but at least I didn't sell the 85 ONT.

Looked at TRX at 20 sats, wanted to buy, but deicded later on to get it, it mooned to 30 sats, 60 sats then I waited for it to come down, it prceeded to moon to 2000 sats the following weeks

I passed up on XRB when it was shilled in november at around $0.10 since it was on a shit exchange.

I was 300% up on my shorts on Bitmex, didn't close and ended up closing at a -10% loss.

I didn't participate in the ArcBlock ICO due to the FUD and now its x3 up from its ICO.

I panic sold my credits for 10% gains because of the FUD and it mooned x4 thereafter
>>
>>8928094
Due to all my big mistakes I have made, I've become Mr Iron Man and have been making consistant gains and ATHs in my sats.
>>
Trading on small time fram instead of reading the big picture : bought 0.7 btc in august, could have made 5,6 trades max to make a decent x10.
Instead I overreact and now I'm at 0.8btc
Not sold btc ath because I felt for the "it's a long term hold buddy"
I think everybody make mistakes in the beginning, good traders learn from them...
>>
i reinvest in powh3d
unironically
>>
When I tether up, btc goes up. When I buy in it starts to dump in the next 5 mins.

What do? How do I break this cycle?
>>
>>8928164
The matrix is reading my moves and fucking with me
>>
I bought chainlink. Why did biz recommend this steaming pile of shit?
>>
>>8928146
Why? The token value keeps tanking, you are just buying something that loses value. I was lucky enough to get out at the top, invest in powm, get out right as it started crashing, then moved everything out.

>>8928164
hodl, I do the same thing, as long as you made a profit then you technically won
>>
I still jerk off too much which affects my day to day productivity.
>>
>>8928205
second token airdrop, xmr/btc exchange
honestly i'm just retarded autist
>>
Biggest mistake I made was not thinking about a plan of what to do with the money once I hit my goal. I have plans in place now, but damn would it have been great to invest 10k chunks every week when we where heading up November through January. I feel like a fucking idiot thinking back. Now I have set some targets to take profit and reinvest it some passive offline and online income vehicles. So when that bear cycle returns I should be fine again.

> Nodes
> Mining
> Staking
> Renting out apartment
> Investing in some local businesses (unironically a prostitutes business)

All I need is my shitcoin to go x2-4 to get shit started.
>>
Sold REQ @ 28c for x4
2 weeks later it hits $1

Daytraded LINK to end up 30% down from my stack in its prime

Bought BCH in March, when I thought it couldn't get any lower

Held alts in Noveember BTC fork run

Sold TRX 4 hours before its notorious pump after NY
>>
>>8928011

Continue to stay with my girlfriend even though I know she will leave me at some point for a black dude.
>>
>>8928297
As for gfs...

Been pushing ded relationship for half a year just to get cheated on. Most likely was cheated on long before that, but it took me this long to realise there was no more romance
>>
>>8928011
I bought antshares, turned my 600 dollars into 4k, then sold all my crypto before december because im was going through some shit. i have nothing now
>>
>>8928011
I am a high functioning alcoholic (27 years old). I don't drink every day, but when I do I can go through alcohol like its water. I am able to drink a 1.5L bottle of wine in a single night. It doesn't even get me that hammered, I just start out when I get home from work and can go for hours until the booze is all gone. I am used to drinking while relaxing ie. gaming or just browsing the Internet.

I try to stop every once in a while, but half the time I don't know what to do with myself when I get home from work at night. The boredom gets to me, so I drink and then sometimes things will feel entertaining again, at least for a little while.

I have no real responsibilities outside of showing up to work and keeping my apartment clean. Also, I make craptons of money at my job ($103k/year), so no one can really tell me I need to clean up my life or anything, I am obviously doing just fine on my own. But it is a bad habit that I am afraid is one day going to kill me.
>>
>>8928408
1.5L of wine isn't that much bruh. I was going through a liter of rum a day in my 20s and I made it out alive with minimal damage and I have mental health issues aside from that which were making the drinking much worse
>>
Seems like this is mostly crypto related, but this will be job related.

I blew a negotiation for full time WFH. Boss knew I was burnt out but I could have put on a straight face. Now I'll be out of a job in a month without something lined up (been applying for the last 3 months and had a couple of phone interviews). Probably bruised his ego in the process, but I didn't think he'd deny me a comfy exit
>>
>>8928408
>I am able to drink a 1.5L bottle of wine in a single night
I know a guy that goes through 2 vodka bottles daily, I have no idea where he gets money for it.
>>
>>8928456

Were you able to function well on that much booze? Were you a functioning alcohol or a fucked-up by noon sort of alcoholic?

>>8928477

This actually makes me feel slightly better about my drinking habits. Thanks for helping me not feel like a degenerate anons. Who says 4chan doesn't help out sometimes?
>>
i bought Lunyr at 26$ when I could have bought wau coin at .12$ Now lunyr is around !)$ and WAU Coin almost doubled. Now I need to have 4x on lunyr just to get the same amount of WAU and thats only if wau doesnt keep going higher. UGGH i should have just listened and got wau
>>
Phenibut addict for 3 years. It changed my life for the better. Finally motivated enough to do things. Learned forex, started trading with money put aside. Now I'm trading fulltime and I cannot withdraw from it as it causes severe brainfog and other far more nasty withdrawal symptoms. I'm invincible as long as I take it. Sleeping like a god, always in good mood, social, motivated. FUCK. i don't even know if it could fuck up my brain chemistry permanently. Need to taper it down but brainfog sets in which makes my daily trading hell. Well... 1 more year and I need to come up with something to taper it down safely
>>
>>8928408
I'm also an alcoholic but a binge drinker and most weekends end up drinking 2.5 bottles of 75cl white wine of around 12% strength for either 2 or 3 nights in a row. my hangovers are getting worse as i'm getting older too and it ruins weightlifting and overall sucks but i cannot stop. 3-4 nights max and i need to get drunk and even though it's not every day i really want to stop. one thing i've found helps physical cravings is kratom, but eventually i get hooked on that quickly too and end up dosing high which lowers my inhibitions and i end up just getting combo'd on lots of kratom and wine. usually very little memory of those nights although they can be fun but the hangovers are terrible.
>>
sold my OMG for Vechain
>>
>>8928499
I didn't have a pattern for drinking. I would drink some during work on my break and drink a lot after work usually, and sometimes drink before work too. Time of day didn't matter. Sometimes I would stay up for 2 days drinking the whole time on my days off and end up killing a few liters and be sick for days afterwards. Other times I would go a day without drinking.

I was always able to go to work and do my job, but when I was really drunk my mental health issues would magnify and I would cause a lot of problems for myself. I would just do whatever I wanted and consequences be damned.
>>
>>8928577
I honestly tried Kratom but could not feel any noticeable effects from it. Maybe I wasn't trying a high enough dose, but it felt like a placebo for me. Also, that stuff definitely tastes awful in powder form, and I can usually handle very bitter tastes (black coffee, MDMA, etc.).
>>
>>8928011
Early last year I started by buying Ethereum. Held for a while and then started daytrading/swingtrading way too fucking much. Even though I was doing alright for the most part, I think I could've made the same amount, if not more, by just holding the Ethereum I bought at the start and not do anything else for the entire year. Same thing goes for most of the other currencies I bought and then sold soon afterwards.
>>
Not selling obvious top, for third time. God damnit...
>>
>>8928011
Getting married. Leave me the fuck alone if I'm looking at charts or tradingview. I'm fucking working you dumb cunt.
>>
using dice games to try doubling my eth trading stack. I'm up 25% total from a high of +60%. I'm not a damn addict, but I swear going for that double is so tempting.
>>
>>8928011
I bought everything at the ATH and now I'm down 50% of what I put in ($2k -> $1k).

I'm a poorfag but it makes me sad seeing people on /biz/'s portfolios who increased $1k to $10k in a matter of months, while I'm down 50%.
>>
>>8928029
Are you me?
>>
>>8929106
this. i lost so much because of my hormonal now-ex
>>
File: 1523668133223.png (19 KB, 571x448)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>8928011
Bought silver instead of bitcoin back in 2016.
>>
>>8929216
dude you're even more retarded than I am
>>
>>8928297
Glad I'm not the only one. 4 years and counting. Dumbest decision I have ever made was letting her move in
>>
>>8929610
Me too brother. I have almost 10 pounds that aren't worth half of what I expected
>>
File: 72551.jpg (12 KB, 480x360)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
I bought bitcoin from amazon but my nephew said is useless so I bought litecoin on amazon.
>>
Bitmex. Why did I make an account there? If only I hadn't.......Feels bad bros

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.