[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: IMG_3588.jpg (100 KB, 300x250)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
Just out of curiosity,

What's your most expensive item?
What's the best deal you've found?
How much would you estimate your wardrobe at now?
>>
>>9398849
>What's your most expensive item?
Retail-price AP, can't think of a specific item, probably one of the OPs. I've never paid above retail.
>What's the best deal you've found?
Skirt for 900 yen, JSK won with a 1500 yen bid, both in excellent condition. Couldn't say what my best print deal was relative to market value as the price fluctuates all the time.
>How much would you estimate your wardrobe at now?
Maybe $6000.
>>
>>9398849
>most expensive item
200$ for an ap dress
>best deal you found
Either 200$ for a sugar pansy set or 30$ for a Baby OP in perfectly fine condition
>how much
1200$ maybe? I came back not so long ago
>>
>>9398849
Cats Tea Party MTO
Prob AP sales from their webstore
I estimate around 25-30k
>>
>>9398849
Blessing From Michael set
Not the best at finding deals but 5000 yen for wonder cookie.
Around 2-3 grand.
>>
>>What's your most expensive item?
Retail price for an AP print that was later marked down so much they practically gave it away. I like the print a lot but yes, that kind of hurt.
I haven't found a dress I like so much I'd pay over retail price for it so far.

>>What's the best deal you've found?
AP sales and mercari, can't think of a specific item.

>>How much would you estimate your wardrobe at now?
No idea. I have around 60 main pieces but I mostly buy secondhand so it's probably not that much.
>>
>>9398849
About AU $800 for the Moitie blue rose OP
$15 for a set including an old Baby JSK in good condition, BL blouse, Meta socks and either Heart E or Chocomint headbow
>How much would you estimate your wardrobe at now
At least AU $20k, maybe closer to 30k
>>
> What's your most expensive item?
A 200€ coat by baby

> What's the best deal you've found?
70$ for a moitie skirt

I spent about 4000-5000 € including shipping and customs, so probably 3000-4000 € worth of clothes. Just started half a year ago desu

My wardrobe feels pretty "complete" to me, except for some items for about 1000-2000 € that are still on my wishlist, which I'm saving up for. Besides that, I don't plan on spending any more until I get a better job.
>>
>>9398849
Melty Ribbon Chocolate JSK in bitter for 650 usd. I don't regret it at all, if I had the money I'd buy the other colorways as well.

Back in the egl_sales days I bought an IW skirt that retailed for 150 usd for 60 usd, on ebay of all places! It was even a dream item (in another colorway) I was looking for every day. It was like a dream back then.

That's hard to say, because the second-hand market is really fucked up right now. I think the only two dresses that gained value since I bought them are Cinema Doll and Honey Cake, the other ones like Fantastic Dolly lost value.
I would say 4500 usd if I go by current retail value. I probably paid more like 5000.
>fuck that's a lot, I thought I spent more like 2500 on everything

My whole staple pieces would probably be more like 500, because I prefer offbrand shoes and blouses and get my brand headbows, socks and bags really cheap off mnercari and fril.
>>
I don't drop a lot of money. So about $160 on Lost in Sea.

My wardrobe is pretty small so not a lot. 500+ if you count in some indie stuff.

The best deal was finding an AP bolero at goodwill. I paid $6.
>>
>>9398849
Bride of death. My ex paid about 800 dollars to get it for me

Gloria jsk for 120

>How much would you estimate your wardrobe at
I have a lot of rare and high dollar items in my closet so maybe 10k maybe more.
>>
Mary Magdalene's Gabriella Coat - $530

MM Valeria on Wunderwelt for $100. It's not that great of a deal in the long run, but it's a really rare dress and usually sells for double or more than that. It was a lucky find!

Around 10k
>>
>>9398904
R?
>>
Iron Gate OP about $750-800

Not sure, a lot of times I'll just buy stuff because it's cheap

Over $20k
>>
>>9399026
>Gloria jsk
>120

Tell me your secrets fampai
>>
>>9399038
There's also the IW gloria, don't forget...

>>9398947
Tulle Rose? If so I'm hoping you post some coords
>>
File: B1EK9Nz.jpg (14 KB, 276x300)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>Tfw wardrobe is small but still all burando

Most expensive:
>AATP OP for $70 shipped
Best deal
>Brand new IW Elefana OP for $30, just had some loose buttons or a Cornet skirt for $6.50
How much is your wardrobe worth?
>Not sure, somewhere in the $400-500 ballpark maybe, I've bought a lot of things under value

The amount of people who don't seem to know basic repair and end up selling things for cheap that would take about 5 minutes to fix astounds me, especially Japanese sellers. I've gotten items with the missing buttons in a bag because the seller didn't know how to or didn't want to bother reeattaching them, even though that would greatly increase the value and is super easy to do.
>>
>most expensive item
paid 400USD for Merry Making in the Gost Town JS; kinda wish I had waited longer to see if I could find a set, but by that time I'd already been hunting it for a few years
>best deal you found
Got one of my favorite Baby prints JSK/KC/OTK set for $300
>How much would you estimate your wardrobe at now
$1800-2000 would be my estimate of my main pieces. All my blouses and shoes are taobao or bodyline so it's hard to recall how much I paid for those
>>
>>9399084
> The amount of people who don't seem to know basic repair and end up selling things for cheap that would take about 5 minutes to fix astounds me, especially Japanese sellers.

This

I've bought a lot of C or D rated brand main pieces from Wunderwelt for 40-70 $ that just needed to be washed and ironed.
>>
I acquire lolita pieces pretty slowly and haven't obtained that many over the past two years, so I'd still call myself a new lolita. Because of this, the most expensive item I own is a pair of AATP Clara boots I bought new for about $200? I don't remember. Everything else I've bought secondhand and therefore has been cheaper
>>
>>9399030
would pay you 6x more for that Valeria..
>>
>Most expensive item
few years ago, I bought Symphonia of Birds OP set for $700, but the seller started listing it at 1.3k so
>best deal you found
$9 End of Immortal Eden headbow, mint condition or an older AATP skirt for $5, minor alteration.
>how much is your wardrobe
$4000-5000, I have a shoe obsession and an unfortunate love for Immortal Eden.
>>
What's your most expensive item?
Around 500$ for a Castle Mirage Dress set.
What's the best deal you've found?
150$ for Fancy Box. It doesn't sound like that much of a deal but I bought it as an impulse buy and it's now one of my most worn pieces so I'd say I've gotten a lot of mileage out of it, thus it's the best deal. Cheapest deal would probably be Dolly Cat purse for 60$.
Probably around 6K, but that includes blouses, shoes, purses, and accessories.
>>
Cathedral jsk 300 USD
700 yen waistcoat
Around 4000€
>>
>>9398849
A new AP dress 200€
I once bought a bunch of older lolita stuff from a girl that just wanted to get rid of them for 20€ and from a other for 50€. The latter were all brand.
Around 6000€.
>>
>>9398849
A $1300 BTSSB wedding dress. My husband bought it for me (and I think he was actually more excited about it than I was, he's so sweet. Still haven't worn it, saving it for when we renew our vows.)
Fancy Egg Pleated Pinafore JSK in pea green and matching hat, new with tags. Won the bid with $190. It was a dream print of mine and I honestly never thought I'd find it in that colour so I was hella excited.
Eeeeh, idk, $3500 or something. My wardrobe is pretty small desu and I own a lot of vintage and Bodyline too because I like to dress up to festivals and restaurants and shit and I don't always want to worry about ruining my expensive pieces.
>>
My two witch in the forest OPs. Best. Dress.

Not lolita, but I got 4 brand punk shirts at RC for $40

probably 3k? I've been getting rid of stuff since I rarely get to wear lolita nowadays ;-;
>>
Juliette et Jusine Antique Doll for retail

That's kind of hard to say, I've started second hand shopping in 2010 and the second hand market has changed a lot since then. I remember spending around 150-200$ on some dresses and thinking "how do I justify this, this is too fucking expensive for a worn dress". But today these dresses are ultra rare and coveted and sell out within seconds of their appearance, so these were probably some good deals in retrospect.

>>
I'm not sure what my most expensive piece is or how much my wardrobe is worth, but I have managed some good deals. I got an IW coat for £25 (about 10% of it's original value) and I just need to clean it and fix some buttons. I've also bought an AP hoodie from CC which they described as B condition but when I got it it still had the AP tag on it.
>>
File: 1444013736330.gif (267 KB, 500x281)
267 KB
267 KB GIF
Vivienne Westwood orb necklace ~$550

idk I don't tend to buy 2nd hand unless its a print I really must have. I got the IW Vilma op for like 8000yen from maiden clothing once. Bit of a steal

If I estimated everything at retail price I think it would be well over $20k

I used to work redic. hours and spent a lot of money on dresses. now I work less so I can wear them but it means my wardrobe has pretty much stopped expanding :') I'm happy though.
>>
>>9399712
Good for you anon. Personally, the way I look at it that when you start to have too many dresses, you never even get a chance to wear them all and enjoy them properly, aside from taking out to admire and put them putting them back in the closet. Sounds like you have a nice wardrobe that you now get to enjoy to the fullest.
>>
AatP's Sleepless Masquerade OP, which I spent $200 on.

Same dress, all my other pieces are cheaper but I got them for what they usually go for, while this one was considerably cheaper than past listings for this colorway have been. Cheapest overall, offbrand excluded, would be a Meta skirt with cats on it.

It's at about 1.5k, not retail but what I've actually spent on it. That's only main pieces, but almost all of my accessories and extras like cardigans are offbrand so I don't think they add too much.
>>
>>9398849
>most expensive item
Haenuli Phantom OP in white $315
>least expensive
$60 meta old school Jsk, great condition. I'm also assuming main pieces...
$40 chiffon shirt if not.
>wardrobe net worth
I'm a beginner, but I'd estimate at 1.5 grand.
>>
>>9398849
The most I've ever spent on a single item was around $285-$290, but I no longer own that main. Without lolibrary I'm unsure which of my pieces is most valuable, but the one I still own and spent the most on was about $220.

NWOT MAM skirt for 20 bucks

oh gosh, a couple thousand? it's enough to keep me constantly afraid of a house fire, that's for sure!
>>
>Most Expensive Item
Haenuli's Moon Jelly Princess jsk at about 210, only tried on with tags and brooch and stuff. It was my first piece too.
>Best deal you've found
Either 50 usd for a btssb jsk or 50 for an old school meta OP. I love secondhand shit.
>How much?
Probably a little over 1,000 usd including some jewelry. I really just started dedicating myself to snagging dresses this year, even though I "officially" got into lolita last year.
>>
File: IMG_2419.jpg (79 KB, 661x646)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>9400124
Great bait, but take it elsewhere.
>>
>>9400124
beta cuck detected
>>
Cats tea party
A sweet Baby coat for 3,500 yen on mercari
Ballpark 30k for main pieces, & I never sell anything
>>
>>9400146
>tfw your closet is worth my college tuition
I'm so happy for you though, great achievement!
>>
>>9399038
It was damaged and needed a popped seam repaired and a sting of the pearls on the top was needing to be re attached and the zipper had to be replaced. It was some basic repairing but I got a jsk for really cheap.

>>9399068
It was the AatP Gloria
>>
File: Blue Rose Print OP.jpg (30 KB, 232x313)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>9399068
No, this one. I own Tulle Rose too (in pink), but I don't post worn photos aside from on my private Facebook, sorry anon.
>>
225$, holy grail ap dress. looking to get it in another colourway but dreading dropping that much on an older piece
depends what you call a deal. i could say the times ive gotten bodyline for 6-11$ (not the recent sales, actual 'good' BL dresses a couple years ago. but to me my best steal was a skirt from 1999 that retailed at 175$ that i got for 40$ + shipping, perfect condition despite its age
approx 870$. this is without shipping, without calculating my "loliable" shoes and other items, without jewellery, and guesstimating hair accessory/socks prices
>>
>>9400402
tfw i have one of the smallest wardrobes in this thread apparently, save for those gals with 500$ wardrobes
gdi i need to stop being so picky
>>
>>9399213
Wardrobe post pls
>>
>>9399068
IW gloria isn't even worth $120 usd at current market prices. So I assumed right there.

>>9400380
Wow congrats on that find. That's such an easy fix too for a dress that's now $900+ usd
>>
>>9398849
older IW dress that I paid 60€ for that seems to go for anything from 50 to 150
I'd say everything I've gotten is a deal, but the originally 40€ bodyline dress that was worn twice, has had all the shitty parts replaced/modified and that I got for 20 is kinda up there for me right now
pretty modest, around 200€? I paid a fucking lot in shipping for most things though so that's def at least another 100€ tacked on there
>>
>>9398849

I think the Steampunk Cat JSK from Soufflesong for 109$ or so

2 Meta JSKs for around 50$ each plus shipping, both older but NWT

maybe 400$, 500 at max. I'm building it up very slowly. Also I'm a cheapskate and I'm planning to buy 2nd hand burando while on vacation in Japan this fall, so right now I'm mostly investing in basics and Taobao stuff with nice designs / prints.
>>
>>9400540
Yeah that's why I stepped in on it. It was maybe an hours worth of repairs tops and now I have a lovely dress that I paid the cost of maybe a nice dinner date and a movie's cost for.
>>
>>9398849
probably holy lantern op bought NWT, i think it was a little above retail price at $300-ish
jane marple for $15, AP jewelry for <$10
altogether maybe 8k, started last september or october
>>
File: 1426614640935.jpg (509 KB, 1280x999)
509 KB
509 KB JPG
I accidently bought a Moitie bolero for 21k, because I thought it would be a set with a JSK. Other than that, the Day Dream Carnival Set for 42k...

Purple St.Mephisto OP for 16k, VM Lace-UP Doll OP for 12k, Meta's Hakuoki JSK for 13k, an AP Nun OP+Headbow for 12k and the whole white Hospitality Doll Set for 18k yen.
Also a lot of dresses under 4,000 yen of pretty much every brand. The best one was a beautiful Meta cross OP for only 1,700 yen! I will never understand people who insist that lolita is super expensive. Nowadays even AP dresses go for less than a half of the retail price a few months after their release.

I'm a cheapskate and the majority of my wardrobe is old school but I own over 60 main pieces, so that's hard to say. It's probably worth between $4000 and $6000.
>>
Probably Honey cake round in mint. I paid like 400 for it with the headbow (including shipping)
Found some cheap "damaged" things that just needed some simple stain removal for $30-40. I don't own them anymore though.
I'm afraid to find out, but estimating 30 dresses at an average of 250 puts me at $7,500 and this doesn't even touch on blouses, shoes, accessories. I'd say I've probably spent at least $15,000 give or take.
>>
>>9400153
Can't tell if salty or serious
>>
>>9400871
I am crazy jealous of your Hakuoki jsk and Hospitality doll set. What is your secret?
>>
A semi-rare/coveted AP dress for $580..

To be honest I'm not that great at finding deals. I got an original AP cosmetics print jsk in perfect condition for $80. Not sure if its a good deal because its such an old item, but its one of my favorite pieces because I love the cut so much. Also older dresses can be hard to find.

I built my wardrobe slowly over a long period of time and spent somewhere around 10k. Its probably worth less now because prices dropped overall so maybe 8k. My taste is a little weird so the dresses I like are usually very hard to find but not terribly expensive when I find them.
>>
First release haenuli's enchanted fawn at retail price

Three AP blouses for 40 USD

Sitting on a nice 2.5k but it'll be at 3k when all my stuff in the mail arrives.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.