[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL



Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.



Last thread is a fucking mess >>9445498

Petite Dollies intro to Larme and style guide: http://blog.petitedollies.com/2016/04/about-larme-magazine.html

Partial Scans List:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZEUnWxiyrRKdHwdrspj0a_lTAVRnablE8WobZGtZAlI/pub

Brands/Models List (WIP):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rG733dzImczHXH7jMJQ-FhkD2awZkYWtRfZUnDSFV70/edit#gid=0

Video about Larme Magazine (annoying narrator alert):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPx5HuTSiHQ

Facebook group: Don't Cry Baby
Amino: Larme Fashion
Discord: https://discord.gg/XFX4QVy
>>
>>9490364
>Last thread is a fucking mess

So like always then?
>>
>>9490311
Audrey's style gives me such strong retro larme inspiration desu
>>
>>9490372
We'll there's usually a fairly equal argument to discussion ratio. Last thread was pretty much all argument.
>>
>>9490373
She definitely had The Look

I think most Larme spreads are from movies though. But Twin Peaks would make be a really nice theme.
>>
>>9490375
>We'll there's usually a fairly equal argument to discussion ratio

debatable.
>>
>>9490383
Fire Walk With Me spread, then
>>
>>9490383
This is straight out of pic related. Sorry for picture for ants, could only find this by googling and don't have it saved.
>>
File: 1221111280.jpg (817 KB, 914x1280)
817 KB
817 KB JPG
>>9490423
>>
>>9488942 #
Ive never thought Swankiss was too ott. I think their hair and makeup is really cute. My problem with them is that alot of pieces look badly made (questionable construction, ill fitting, etc) or some pieces look badly designed. For example, pic related would be cute if they made the fur on the sleeves smaller and put the roses in a different spot. ( maybe around the text?)
>>
>>9491669
Sorry, samefagging, but pic related is my favorite piece from them. Its ott but looks very larme and the design looks well thought out, instead just throwing together whatever looks cute
>>
File: 1464774899375.jpg (96 KB, 960x792)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>9491669
Agreed, also for some gulls they might just not like the younger feeling to it. "OTT" larme isn't necessarily mutually exclusive with more mature coord. Especially when anons are using it to refer to things like standard larme make up vs japanese normie make up.
>>
File: o0480064012967784975.jpg (189 KB, 480x640)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>9491681
Oh shit I wish you never posted this anon I want to bury my face in this dress. When was it released? Also yeah would agree with >>9491669 on Swankiss's general design quality, not to mention the fact that I don't have the balls to wear a dress that says POO DOLL on it no matter how cute it is

>>9491706
Everyone looked pretty cute at that meet actually. A fair bit better than the UK comm unfortunately. Speaking of which next meet when
>>
File: 0541521.jpg (190 KB, 1061x790)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
I know selfposting is something rather bad but could someone please give me concrit on my outfit?
>>
>>9492195
shoes red?

black would have been a nicer choice
>>
>>9492195
why are you shoehorning red into it like this? it looks so out of place + you need to get more subtle contacts. The dress doesn't seem to go with the coat either.
>>
>>9492195
This might just be me being a newfag but are any of your items larme brands, or are all the main pieces western brands? The dress, jacket, socks, and shoes all kind of scream "cutesy normie brand" to me. They're kind of lacking the finer details which make larme brand items look larme to me.
>>
>>9492195
This might seem harsh but if you posted here I'm thinking you want the truth, so here it is.

First of all, I agree with >>9492349 that these items do not really have the larme vibe. The shoes and the jacket could work if paired with other items, but together with the dress and beret it looks vintage inspired, but not really in a larme way. I'm kind of getting a pinup vibe. Part of that is due to the color pallet being rare in larme, part of it doing to your somewhat harsh makeup, and part of it is just because that dress, while cute, in my opinion just doesn't really feel larme.

To be honest, everything together is kind of sloppy. As others pointed out the red comes out of nowhere. The seasonal feel of your items is probably the worst offender; cherry motifs just do not look right in an outfit with fur, and I dont understand why you're wearing a coat and beret with spring/summery leg and footwear. Trendwise, pom pom earrings are pretty out of style at this point and are more reserved for fashions like fairy kei or sweet lolita.

I would take this apart and build two separate outfits. The jacket and beret could be paired with a ribbed top with cute detailing and some kind of skirt for a fall-ish outfit (see pic related)

The cherry clip, socks, and shoes could be paired with a gingham dress, perhaps in a similar cut to the one you're wearing now, for a cute spring/summer outfit. I'd keep the dress reserved for more normie outfits, and the earrings for....idk, whatever you want to do, I personally think those earrings had their moment back a year or so ago and now should disappear off the planet though.
>>
>>9491669
Swankiss definitely has an overdesign problem, and it makes some of their pieces look downright cheap. Plus it seems like the more crap they try to pack on, the poorer the quality of the garment gets.

I do own a couple of swankiss pieces that I'm happy with, but they veer to the more subtle side of things. Their stuff can be pretty nice when it's not covered in cheap lace, mesh, and chiffon.

When their clothing gets used in the magazine proper, outside of swankiss's own ads, the editors definitely seem to go for their more understated pieces, or tone them down with other brands.

I've noticed some of their recent pieces are more subtle, so hopefully that's a trend that continues. I also really enjoy this new model styling.
>>
>>9492195
i actually love your use of red, and i don't mind the earrings, but i'm into experimental use of color and not a fan of following trends. i agree with the other anons that the jacket and beret look too wintery and should be used in a different outfit. not sure how i feel about the dress. i like it, but it does look very normie. i still think it could be larmed up somehow, maybe paired with black?
a more minimal color palette would also look more larme. try white x red x that jacket color, white x red x lav or just stick to two colors.
>>
File: IMG_2619.jpg (82 KB, 700x700)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>9492195
First off I want to commend you for posting here for concrit. Not everyone has the balls to do that.

Also you are very pretty and I love your hair! It's an abnormal color for Larme, but I think you can make it work, especially since it's not a super bright wacky color. I don't believe in the whole "Larme models are all brunette so you must be too" idea.

That said, your makeup is too harsh and, I don't know how to describe it, precise? This isn't just you, it's a common problem amongst western Larme fans. Take a look at some Larme makeup scans for inspiration. They're pretty much all slight variations off the same general look.

I would agree with the other assessments so I won't repeat things here, but I was looking at your outfit last night and trying to figure out why I had such a problem with your dress in and of itself, and I think I figured it out. Your dress is way too generic kawaiii taobao cosplay tier. In fact, it only took me a minute of searching to find what I believe is the exact dress you're wearing on taobao. Now I'm not saying that taobao is bad, or that you need to wear expensive Larme clothes, but there is a middle ground. Your clothes need to look everyday wearable. The dress also feels very "flat," which adds to the cheap look.
>>
>>9492670
Also yes, purple/lavender is a rare color in Larme, but if you're really wed to the idea, then something like pic related might work? The color is still a bit bright for my liking, but the dress is quite trendy with off the shoulder sleeves, ribbon ties, and floral lace.

http://m.asos.com/us/boohoo/boohoo-lace-frill-skater-mini-dress/prd/7799949?iid=7799949&clr=Lilac&cid=8799&pgesize=50&pge=0&totalstyles=190&gridsize=2&gridrow=19&gridcolumn=1

(Sorry for the mobile link, I'm on my phone)

I would keep the shoes fairly neutral, with maybe some sheer or lace white socks, and then some small accessories in the hair. Hair styling in the latest spring and summer issues has been pretty casual and has an effortless vibe, so you might not need to do too much there, but there are tons of tutorials out there for cute looks of you're so inclined.
>>
>>9491706
Why are larme meets a thing?
>>
>>9492195
>red and purple
Really difficult to pull of in any outfit let alone larme. Does not look good here. your eyebrows also look bad, it looks fine to have natural eyebrows and unnatural hair. Larme is easiest if you set yourself two neutrals and an accent colour for emphasis. I see these most commonly:
>Neutrals: black, white, cream, beige, grey occasionally brown,
>Accents: Pink, light blue, lavender, tartan/plaid, denim, red
Something like denim can be neutral or an accent depending on how it's styled imo and of course you see people with entirely pink outfits using black as the emphasis colour for example. I'm not suggesting this as a set of rules just a noob cheat sheet.

It's also much easier if you pick a motif to base your accessories around.

It's more boring but stick to getting the basics down first imo. Don't try deconstructing when you don't know how to construct yet.
>>
>>9492195
There is too much face on your face for you to be able to pull off that harsh of makeup with larme
>>
Shojosweet on tumblr has some photos of 28 up, I love the red skirt look.
Waiting for shipping is such a pain..
>>
File: IMG_2624.png (630 KB, 750x1334)
630 KB
630 KB PNG
>>9493890
I decided to wait to order until Bis came out. Just put in my order with both magazines, now to play the waiting game...

Very interested in how Bis turns out. It's #29 of the top selling magazines in amazon up today.
>>
File: _20170526_132120.jpg (138 KB, 720x1130)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>9493969
There are some photos appearing on instagram
>>
>>9490383
>tfw someone at work says your style reminds them of Audrey

I guess I'm doing something right then?

Also, waiting for shipping is suffering. I think the last few issues have been pretty hit and miss, but I'm keen to see the summer spreads
>>
File: fx1_11_31-598x399.png (195 KB, 598x399)
195 KB
195 KB PNG
>>9493969
bisweb.jp has stuff on it now.
>>9494029
>tfw waiting for shipping..
>>
File: lick.jpg (68 KB, 345x399)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>9494187
>when your copy hasn't arrived yet but the scans others are posting look good
>>
>>9493969
My friend is in Japan and I told him to buy both of them for me. It's cheaper but I will get them so late in June...
>>
So Bis is just Larme? Why? The creator left Larme and made Bis, but Larme is still a thing? And they both look the same?
>>
>>9494693
I looked at Bis yesterday and it was a lot more normie. Some of the hair and makeup styles in the specific hair/make tutorial sections could be larme, but overall the content was about the same as a general women's fashion mag - Sweet, etc
>>
>>9494705
wew that's disappointing, got any scans?
>>
>>9494258

Same it pisses me off too
>>
File: IMG_6649.jpg (76 KB, 960x1706)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>9494779
Nayrt but I got some pics
>>
File: IMG_6650.jpg (93 KB, 960x1706)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>
File: IMG_6651.jpg (137 KB, 960x1706)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>
>>9494693
She didn't create bis. I don't understand why she would leave the magazine she did create tough. I feel like her career gradually went from unique fashion to full normie.
>>
>>9495312
This confuses me.
>>
>>9495312
God that's unflattering
>>9494705
The website even does a bit on girls that like zara
>>
I don't know if this has already been discussed because this video is really old https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX0kR58dzoI
But do you think there is a meeting point between lolita and larme kei? (Start at 4:57 if you haven't seen it)
>>
>>9495322
>>9495374
That's a bit depressing, guess that validates all the claims that larme was just normie after all.
>>
>>9495380
larme wasn't normie completely, is followed normie trends but it was still its own style, before larme she worked at ageha which was more extreme compared to larme
>>
>>9495380
I don't think the fact that the director now has a more normie position can be used to retroactively brand larme as normie.

It's easy to assume people in creative roles always follow their passions but she could have left for something as simple as them having a better dental plan, or pay, or a nicer parking space. Just because it's a creative job doesn't mean it isn't subject to the same shit as normal jobs.
>>
>>9495396
didn't she create larme tough? because people say that I thought she was the boss.
>>
File: 000.jpg (78 KB, 350x467)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>9492195
Your hairstyle is great. I'm a bit of a brunette purist, but the styling is better than 99% of the Western comm, so whatever.
As far as makeup, you're on the right track, but it is a bit loud. I don't know if maybe you need a smaller circle lens, but definitely a narrower black ring. The rest of your eye makeup is great though. Maybe a a greyer or ashier purple for your eyebrows. I don't know if you could maybe do a pouty-er lip?
For clothes, I would ditch the earrings and switch the dress. The earrings are a little too bright, especially against your hair. If your really want pompoms, I'd go for white ones, but they are a very outdated trend. Maybe try pearls, or nothing. The dress is also quite bright, and the fabric is weird. Maybe go for a dainty chiffon dress like pic related?
>>
>>9492195
You're really cute anon but this looks more gyaru than anything larme
>>
Who are some of your favorite tumblr/instagrams to follow for larme inspo? Care providing any links?

I feel like a lot of my favorites are falling by the wayside lately and it's so hard to get outfit inspiration. I tend to like pheremone fetish and monochrome stuff, though, so it might just be because my tastes are out of season...
>>
In the last thread someone mentioned a photo book about how to set up magazine photo shoot sets, do you know the name of it or have a link, please?
>>
>>9499420
It's girly prop styling.

I remember someone posting some scans from it once, but I can't find them. I'll keep trying later when I get back home.
>>
>>9500815
And note it's a general photo book, not specifically Larme related although some things can be applied. It's very the and pretty though.
>>
File: IMG_1253.jpg (76 KB, 1920x1080)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
is poppy larme?

https://youtu.be/045Phc71IPE
>>
File: IMG_1255.jpg (68 KB, 1659x925)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>9501697
>>
>>9501697
Not exactly but there is a picture of her wearing an eatme dress (prob the taobao replica because it's obvious she buys taobao clothing. Not judging I do too)
>>
>>9502423
Found it!
>>
>>9501697
The fuck did I just watch?

>>9502423
Buying from sweatshops and thiefs when you can afford better is not kawaii
>>
>>9502426
Like it or not, replicas are more accepted in Larme than in Lolita or something, especially on pieces that don't have prints. People post their replicas on the Larme Facebook and Larme for less groups and no one blinks an eye.
>>
>>9502429
That's a shame, I hate fast fashion and it's one of the reasons why I stick to jfashion.
>>
>>9502429
>>9502433
Lots of the larme replicas don't legally count as replicas, and imo at least the law is pretty fair on this front. Nothing larme brands do is really original, and using a bunch of extant elements to make something that's overall original generally doesn't count. I'm not saying this as a dis, I love the style or I wouldn't be in the thread, but I'm not gonna sit here and pretend the larme designs are anything like a border print that goes on a lolita dress.

Not down for ones that display logos or have fake tags though.
>>
>>9502496
I have no interest in law, fast fashion is an issues
>>
>>9502512
I really doubt Larme brands are that ethical. All their stuff is made in sweatshops in China too. If that's your issue then you probably shouldn't buy Larme brands either.
>>
>>9502600
I know some lolita brands have made certain releases in japan and their items are supposedly made in Japanese level Chinese factories. What do we know about how larme brands are made? Just to make it clear considering how edgy summer makes cgl I'm genuinely curious, not arguing.
>>
>>9502600
I look up in which country my clothes are made before buying them. I know I can't know everything but at least I don't have such a defeatist attitude. I also know not all Chinese factories are shit but the cheap taobao stuff is probably not made in the good ones. Plus fast fashion isn't just about bad working conditions.
>>
>>9502600
It is hard to tell what brand are ethical and what are not probably most brands that exist are not so ethical (because the clothes are made by using cheap factories with bad working conditions and the materials might be more or less poor quality). Some larme brands are made in Japan though and the working conditions there are likely better than in China for example.
>>
>>9502612
>>9502620
>>9502658
I've worked with Chinese factories in a bunch of different manufacturing industries and I can honestly say I doubt there is a single ethical one because of how the country as a whole views things like international laws and regulation. Profit > everything else.

Told this story on here before but my bfs dad used to consult for a pushchair/pram company which started using chinese factories. EU regulations are massively strict on the types of materials used because not adhering to them results in dead babies. Chinese were told to use a very specific grade of steel for a part, which they did for the first couple of hundred manufactured, but then started using an unsuitable cheaper grade of steel and pocketed the excess money. Prams started buckling when used, and they had to recall the entire line.

They literally didn't give a single shit that their actions could have resulted in kids getting crushed by folding pushchairs buckling and they had to move production 'cause it kept happening with every factory.

So yeah, if you really care about ethics I'd probably just blacklist china entirely.
>>
>>9503051
>if you really care about ethics I'd probably just blacklist china entirely.
I work for a designer who genuinely really cares and visits the factories in China and all, and caring about the environment is part of their marketing strategy too, but their target group mostly won't buy from China lol. Sage for OT.
>>
File: tumblr_ankrougess17.jpg (96 KB, 540x720)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>9502433
You're best bet is to buy used or buy from brands that do "slow" fashion and use ethically sourced materials. Found this website that lists some (it's probably gonna be hard to find larme-able pieces though): http://www.thegoodtrade.com/features/fair-trade-clothing
>>
Is anyone else getting bored of Larme fashion by any chance? :/

Because I feel like unless you're a model in the magazine or someone on Instagram with a shit ton of followers AKA Japanese fanbase then it's not worth being into as much really..
>>
>>9503407
No because my personal enjoyment of a fashion isn't based on how many likes it gets me...
>>
File: 1489310930891.gif (3.28 MB, 320x180)
3.28 MB
3.28 MB GIF
>>9503407
I mean.. The vast majority of people wear the clothing that they find aesthetically pleasing BECAUSE they find it aesthetically pleasing, not for asspats.
>>
>>9502426
>The fuck did I just watch?

I don't know, but my ex liked to jerk off to it all the time.
>>
>>9503407
Many have noted that this spring has been lackluster in terms of brand designs and the magazine, so I can understand being bored in terms of that, but are you seriously upset because not enough people are fawning over you? Is this an attitude that bleeds over from Lolita or something? Because you really do sound like those popular lolitas who got into Larme for all of five minutes and then left when it didn't get them the attention they thought it would.
>>
>>9503427

The hell? No? I was simply just saying is anyone else getting bored of Larme? It isn't really a thing unless you're actually in Japan anyway where the style originates from. Where more people wear it and fawn over it.

No need to get your panties in a twist.
>>
>>9503414
>>9503410

The amount of defensive people... calm down
>>
>>9503460
So again it sounds like you're getting bored of Larme because you're not getting praised for it since you're not Japanese/in Japan.
>>
>>9503460
why care if other people fawn over it and wear it? do you need other people to like stuff so you can enjoy it too?
>>
>>9503427
>Is this an attitude that bleeds over from Lolita or something
Fuck you hater
>>
>>9503478

Well most of the time anon where I live many people don't even wear stuff like this. Its just how it is?

I never said I was after being fawned over though? All i meant was in Japan there is more people who dress in Larme. You would have more in common and be able to talk about the style there.

Yeah you can do it online but it isn't always the same. Sometimes its just nice being around others who wear it more.

>>9503700

Lol calm down lord
>>
>>9503731
I don't hate lolita. But there are fame hungry lolitas that have this insufferable attitude and some of them have tried to jump on the Larme train and have been disappointed by the lack of attention they got.

>>9503901
I guess I just don't relate because I'm used to being a loner. Even when I tried lolita I never met another lolita during my time. However, a lack of face to face interaction with people into the same thing as me has never diminished my interest. Like you said there is online and that's enough. Honestly, I don't even post outfits online at all.
>>
>>9503981
And yeah people where I live dress like bums so no one looks like me. I'm used to it.
>>
>>9503981
Why are they more lolita than larme tough, in the first place they were probably cosplayers with a failed patreon
>>
>>9503460
Yeah other anon is right, and they weren't even really rude. There's nothing wrong with wanting attention/recognition, you're anonymous as well so no need to try and save face and pretend to not be human. we all want attention and validation.
>>
>>9504017
I'm not quite sure what you're saying. There are efame hungry lolitas who have tried to get into Larme and failed. This isn't up for debate. There have also been some general Japan/jfashion girls who have tried to get into Larme and given it up. Thus far I haven't seen any cosplayers. Im not sure why you're getting upset for me stating facts.
>>
>>9504059
dw about it anon, they've clearly decided something you've said applies to them or they wouldn't have taken offence to it.

No one is saying every lolita who moved to larme is fame hungry, because obviously a lot of people in this thread made that transition themselves. But for a little while, larme looked like the big new j-fashion so a couple of people very obviously hopped on the bandwaggon thinking it would get them famous.
>>
>>9502512
It's not like I disagree with you but.... larme IS a fast fashion, so what are you even doing in these threads?
>>
I've amassed quite a few shoes from swankiss and pretty much every single pair i've bought from them that isn't black is a different color entirely from the stock photo. This happens with some of their other items too, and I noticed that they have a real problem with any item that is white/ivory. Why can't they get their shit together?

It isn't an issue of my screens because I don't have this consistent of an issue with other brands. Sure every once in a while there will be an item that's too different in color to chalk up to my screen setting, but it's CONSISTENT with Swankiss.
>>
>>9504242
This doesn't surprIse me. They filter the shit out of their photos.
>>
>>9504179
Not necessarily. Most things in Larme are vintage inspired, so you could get almost everything from vintage shops / thrift stores (would require some serious effort to do so, ikr).
>>
>>9504451
Sure, but the magazine itself encourages conspicuous consumption and the constant acquiring of new goods. It's definitely not the fashion to be in if you want to make a point about being ethical. Regardless of how you (general you here) personally try to reconcile the fashion with your ethics, the magazine itself pretty much refutes them.
>>
>>9504475
>Sure, but the magazine itself encourages conspicuous consumption and the constant acquiring of new goods.

I?? Isn't this like... the goal of the VAST majority of fashion related media/brands???

It's like you don't understand the concept of fashion itself...
>>
>>9504485
Well there are people who are dedicated to more ethical fashion. Minimalism can often be more ethical and less wasteful if done right, also with fair trade clothing like >>9503104 pointed out.

Larme magazine doesn't really advocate for any more ethical means of clothing consumption, unless you want to count the times they use pieces from Grimoire instead of brand new brand items. And yes that's how most fashion is. But I'm not going to pretend Larme is somehow more ethical because you can thrift some stuff.
>>
>>9504576
>bringing up minimalism as something that's valid and not just a fad that hipsters go through or something that poorfags glamorize to make themselves feel better

Ah, you're retarded. My bad.
>>
>>9504582
By minimalism I meant more the capsule wardrobe minded people and the idea of buying less at higher quality so it lasts longer. I don't understand what you're so upset about.
>>
>>9504630
You seem to just have a wacky understanding of everything anons are saying to you, or you're just confused about everything in general. If that's what you were referring to, why bring up the ~ethical~ side of it? We went from you not understanding what fast fashion is to some whole other topic of nonsense.

Is english not your first language? That's really the only thing I can come up with that explains this much struggling to grasp what people are actually saying.
>>
>>9504640
Ah I'm not >>9504179 if that's where your confusion is coming from. I don't think Larme brands fall exactly under the umbrella of fast fashion since they are small brands with designers.

The ethical discussion started back with >>9502426 if you're wondering how this whole thing started. I'm also not having trouble understanding what "anons" are saying to me, just you, solo. If you'd like to try explaining your point in another way without resorting to ad hominem attacks I'm open to listening.
>>
>>9504640
NAYRT, but the discussion about ethics has been going on since yesterday like twenty posts up the thread. It started with discussion of replicas and then devolved into the ethics of buying from fast fashion brands and chinese manufacturers in general

Starts here:
>>9502426

Sort your nasty ass attitude out. Especially embarrassing when it seems you're actually the one who can't follow a basic conversation or understand english.
>>
>>9504663
Not involved in the conversation but it's strange you would use the word "embarrassing" for anonymous posts on the internet. It makes me think you're really selfconscious if you think someone should be embarrassed over a post on 4chan.
>>
>>9504669
I am embarrassed for them. Anonymous or not, it is cringey as fuck to insult someone so harshly for something that not only did they not do, but you (general you) are actually doing yourself in that very moment.
>>
>>9504669
Not that anon, but I'm gonna go ahead and say it's pretty ~embarrassing~ that you're pulling armchair psychologist over a post on 4chan.
>>
>>9504674
You're embarrassed because someone posted something uninformed anonymously? Really it just sounds like they didn't read the thread and wanted to argue for the sake of arguing.

So either you are intentionally taking the b8 or you are taking anonymous posts on the internet way too seriously.

1. Don't take shitposters seriously
2. Don't take yourself and others so seriously that you would actually feel embarrassed for an anonymous post on the internet that doesn't actually mean anything.

>>9504677
It's not armchair psychology to tell people to lighten up anon.
>>
>>9504681
You said
>It makes me think you're really selfconscious

Simply because of one word they used. Have I ended up in the cringe thread or something because you're sure turning this into one.
>>
>>9504684
Sick burns anon. I will refer you to my earlier advice

>don't take yourself or others so seriously
>>
File: 1473767770498.png (273 KB, 500x341)
273 KB
273 KB PNG
>>9504681
It wasn't just uninformed it was ignorant, nasty and conceited. It's always fun to point out how wrong someone is when they're so cocksure about being right.

I don't take myself seriously or the internet just because I react to things with some fleeting emotion lol. Emotions aren't binary, they're not just on and off. I can feel a really tiny bit embarrassed for this anon but it's not as if it consumes my entire being for the rest of the day. Do you think people who cringe at fail videos or aww at cute cat videos take the internet too seriously too?

Honestly you're way too invested at this point for me to not believe that you're not that anon.

Here's something random from my larme folder to make up for OT posts. Sorry other anons.
>>
>>9504685
I will refer you to your own post then >>9504681
>1. Don't take shitposters seriously

Really though your whole spiel in >>9504669 was unnecessary in the first place. No one here needs advice on how to 4chan.
>>
>>9504691
>i'm taking this seriously
>no one here needs advice on how to 4chan

apparently you do though.

>>9504689
>way too invested

Well, I could see how it might come off that way but for the fact every single post that's me has said to not take anything seriously.
>>
All of you need to shut the fuck up and stop derailing the thread.
>>
>>9504695
Telling people not to shitpost is shitposting. Replying to replies to shitposts are shitposting. Replying to replies to bait is shitposting. No matter how you slice it, you should have not posted your "first" post if you really believe in the advice it contains.
>>
>>9504700


>>9504698
>>
>>9504702
>>9504698
>>9504702
>>
>>9504700
wew you really need to simmer down. if your panties get any more twisted they'll have to be surgically removed.
>>
File: pinksheerskirt.jpg (190 KB, 1080x1440)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
Something on topic

Got this skirt a while ago but I've had some trouble styling it. It's completely sheer with no built in underskirt or shorts and it's floor length. It ties at the side, so it has a full split right from the top.

Anyone have any examples of sheer over/underskirts in outfits? Especially anything summery. I'm thinking it might be more winter suitable, and go nicely with a fluffy jumper or something.
>>
File: IMG_2711.png (419 KB, 378x600)
419 KB
419 KB PNG
>>9504727
>>
>>9504769
>>
>>9504771
>>
>>9504780
>>
For a while now I've sort of been kicking around the idea of doing product reviews for larme threads. I personally think it would be fun to track the quality and design of a brand through its releases. Would anyone be interested in something like that?

I have admittedly pretty tacky taste and Swankiss is my personal go to and I know there are a lot of mixed feelings towards the brand but if there's enough interest I would be willing to post reviews with pictures for each new purchase. I would like to be able to help create content for these threads.
>>
>>9504785
Totally, go for it anon
>>
>>9504771
Which vol is this? Also Risa's arms look like twigs holy shit
>>9504785
That sounds great anon!
>>
>>9504784
Tyvm anon! I really like these examples. Gonna try and put something together today, will post if it's any good.

>>9504785
Yes, that sounds very interesting anon.
>>
>>9504576
>But I'm not going to pretend Larme is somehow more ethical because you can thrift some stuff.
It is more ethical than buying from taobao... I've bought some good quality basics from larme brands that I can use for years. Some stuff I make myself, like the pillow bags that were popular, and I don't buy new fabric but re-use used clothes.
>>
>>9505168
It's always more ethical to buy from the original brand because of the fact that they designed the piece, but comparing the pieces I have from both the original brand and the taobao version, a lot of times they seem to come from the same factory (I missed out on a colorway of a shirt and got the taobao version in additional to the original)
>>
>>9505314
so it's either stolen stock, they made a few extra (still stealing the design) or they are samples?
>>
>>9505327
They likely made extra to resell on the side. That's what happens at a lot of Chinese factories. Some stuff might be samples, especially if there are some minor imperfections that would be caught by quality control.
>>
>>9505314
>>9505327
>>9505346

Last anon's description is typically what happens. This is what I'm talking about upthread with regards to chinese companies ignoring international laws/regulations. The chinese government protects these factories from being sued by companies who outsource their labour to them. It's also hilarious when high fashion companies try and claim fake goods are inferior to the originals - nine times out of ten they're made in the same factories by the same workers with the same materials. The only difference is if they were manufactured under a legal contract or not.
>>
>>9505367
Pretty much.

I mean I'm not saying it's a good thing but that's what happens.
>>
>>9505367
>claim fake goods are inferior to the originals
Maybe they don't do quality control and don't spend time+money to fix mistakes
>>
>>9505527
They don't, as with all taobao things they all mostly use the same stock pics and the vast majority or going to be at the very least different and most commonly much worse quality. Items made in the same factory or samples exist of course, but the vast majority of things you see on taobao are not that. From a lolita point of view think of replicas that use the orginal as the stock pick. Some are fairly close and some horrible, but none are ever exact no matter how many replica-chans say "it's just as good" and call everyone brandwhores.
>>
>>9505643
Lolita is a bit of a different beast when it comes to this. I'm not knowledgeable enough of Lolita to know what their manufacturing process is like, but the replicas seem to be made by copying the original piece as "best" as possible, rather than making extra stock of the original release.

For other jfashion items it is entirely possible for them to have been made at the same factory. So they could actually be the same as the real thing. This is usually the case if you see something pop up on taobao within a few months of the official release of the item. If it's after that time, it becomes more likely that it's a copy instead.
>>
>>9505872
That's because a lot of Lolita brands don't produce in China. Sage for ot.
>>
File: IMG_0835.jpg (269 KB, 1536x1536)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
Review anon here, I know this is going to be sort of ramble-ish since I've never really done anything like this before, and I'd appreciate if you guys have any notes or ideas for me to add in with my next review(it'll probably be a sweater or shorts).

So I have decided to start off the reviews with the LoveLaceUp shoes!

The first thing I feel I should bring up was mentioned a bit earlier as something that Swankiss has problems with, and that's the color of the shoes. The stock photo on their website and the promo pictures they posted on social media all had the shoes looking as if they were in the baby pink range, and even where they were displayed in the issue of Larme didn't show them as true to color as I feel it should have been(but it is a lot closer than other images). I have a physical copy of the issue, so it is not a matter of the color getting lost in a crappy scanner or anything along those lines.

I would describe this pair as a light/medium dusty rose. The sheets underneath are your typical color for ballet tights if you are wondering about lighting impacting the picture. I really do like it despite it being quite different from what I expected but the color feels to me like it would be more suited for fall and winter(this could just be my personal preference). Swankiss as a brand is just... wildly inconsistent with their pinks. Some items they list as pink I wouldn't even call pink, more like a light peach. Weirdly enough I've had more luck with matching reds from them and I usually have a lot of trouble with reds from other brands(not larme but looking@ you AP).
>>
File: IMG_0798.jpg (1.63 MB, 3024x3773)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB JPG
>>9508338
I was fairly impressed by the lacing for the shoes! I didn't expect it to feel as thick as it does, they doubled over the ribbon before stitching and it really reminds me of my actual ballet shoes. From the images I had seen I thought it would be similar to the corset lacing AP uses on partial shirring dresses but it is quite sturdy since they doubled it over. As far as I can see there isn't any issue with the ends of the ribbon fraying either, but I have yet to wear them out. One thing to note, the color of the lacing is more of your typical ballerina pink and it's a bit odd they didn't use a similar dusty rose.

As for the fit, I really recommend that people with wider feet stay away from Swankiss shoes in general, though this pair seems to be a tad wider than the normal releases because of the adjustable lacing. My feet are narrow and each time they fit me quite well width wise. Typically I don't have a lot of issues with breaking new shoes in from them, which is a blessing. With this particular pair of shoes I bought an L which I regret as they run a bit too large(I go between needing an M and an L with them.)

This next part doesn't particularly bother me, but I wanted to add it in just in case it would sway anons away from buying them. For the bottom of the shoe, the heel is textured but the rest of the sole is not. Previous shoe releases that I purchased have had the entire bottom textured and it's sort of disappointing that these don't have that as well. If you have issues with slipping you may want to steer away from these.

Overall I'm happy with them, they aren't the worst shoes I've bought from Swankiss but they aren't the best either.
>>
>>9505894
Off the top of my head I know for a fact that AP, Baby, and IW have at least some of their stuff produced in China. We've had extra stock replicas appear before, they're just pretty rare.
>>
>>9508359
That's not many
>>
Wasn't some anon in the previous thread saying these were her dream shoes? Either way they're on yahoo auctions right now
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g219000195
>>
Same, Risa, same.
>>
>>9508744
This makes me remember how about a year ago Risa tweeted how she had gained 500 grams and panicked about that
>>
>>9508903
Why do people even keep such close tabs on their weight? It doesn't tell you that much. I don't really know how much I've weighted recently, I'm just aware of my measurements cause that's all I actually need to know.

Weren't there quite a few people asking for diet tips on the fb group awhile ago anyway?
>>
>>9508988
Because she's a model and most of us are raised to care about it a lot?
>>
>>9508903
I'm really picky about my weight but this is just dumb. Your weight fluctuates by a few lbs each day depending on what you eat/water retention.

Sounds like she just stepped on the scale without taking a shit beforehand.
>>
>>9508993
Obviously I get that, but aren't measurements much more relevant anyway?
>>
>>9508341
Thanks for the review anon, it's a shame the color isn't the same but it's still pretty nice, I've always loved rose pink, specially for larme.
>>
File: _20170606_122522.jpg (124 KB, 720x1120)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
Thoughts on 28? Is it dabbing larme now?
>>
>>9509014
I have one of those really expensive Tanita scales that measures your body fat %., water%, muscle mass, bone density, and has individual profiles for up to 4 users. I have weighed myself before and after taking a shit 4 times, and my weight does not change an ounce. It is literally right next to the toilet. I have no idea why. Logic dictates something is coming out so your weight should change, but it doesn't. However when I wake up in the morning my weight goes down up to a than when I went to bed, and my hydration levels are fine. That is some witchcraft shit.
>>
>>9509902
kek
>>9509918
Mine sometimes goes UP afterwards.
>>
Sorry for ot, but I'm here to ask about a song. A while ago people here were discussing "larme music" and a song got posted that was a Japanese girl band - most of the music video was on the beach and I think there was the word 'summer' in the title. Does anyone know which song I'm talking about? I'd be grateful for a link! Have tried the archives to no avail. Thanks in advance!
>>
>>9510464
Was this it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSQEL5eTO6o
>>
>>9508903

How does Risa stay so thin?
>>
>>9509918
The weirdest thing about is that the average intestines can hold up to 20 or so pounds.
>>
>>9511407
>so thin

She's not super thin, just average model thin.
>>
This sort of thing is why I'm getting annoyed and disappointed. It's like some brands aren't even trying right now.

Also,
>5000 yen
>>
File: honey mi honey shirt.jpg (53 KB, 600x800)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>9511804
Dropped pic.
>>
>>9511689
To me 40kg/161cm is very thin and she looks even thinner in real life than in larme
>>
>>9512005
1. Where did you get the measurements? Companies often lie about their models measurements to the public and give more accurate ones to actual companies when they request models for jobs.
2. I've met her and she really didn't seem that small to me. She's average model thin.

I'm not saying she's fat obviously, but she's not ridiculously thin or anything.
>>
>>9512008
Technically she weighs as much as your average western fashion model while being a lot shorter, so by weight she's larger than your average model.
>>
>>9511689

She is pretty thin anon
>>
>>9512519
I don't see it. Like was mentioned in
>>9512015
Said she's proportionately larger than western models.
>>
speaking of larme music, is Bonjour Suzuki Larme?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fa61SkKbwA
>>
Anyone know Monaca's measurements?
>>
>>9512663
This is basically Larme Daoko, jesus christ. I love it
>>
>>9513287
>Larme daoko

This made me really excited but she's just not vocally anywhere near Daoko in terms of skill, and the production isn't really my jam. Although it is always nice to see female rappers.

Speaking of, I could totally see Wednesday Campanella rocking some of the edgier shit from like, cannabis ladies.
>>
>>9512549
I honestly thought that she looked scarily thin in some of the spreads from the most recent volume, but I know that they're all pretty small
>>
>>9513666
Photoshop
>>
>>9513666
I have the most recent volume and I still don't see what you're talking about anon. She's not "scarily thin", she's your average model. Eugenia Cooney is scary thin, Risa is fine.
>>
File: IMG_0878.jpg (1.94 MB, 1993x4032)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB JPG
>>9513666
Issue 28. Where is the scarily thin?
>>
>>9513674
>>9513680
>>9513668
It's literally just 2 photos where her face looks a little gaunt and in the double page spread near the front where they're all wearing black her arm looks thin af. I know it's all camera/lighting or maybe photoshop, I don't think she's anorexic or anything. I know they're all really slender, but I suppose I look for it more in Risa because she's my favourite
>>
>>9514328
Then why would you say she looks "scarily thin"? She obviously isn't held to the same level as western fashion models, she looks fine. Yes she is slim but she's not even on the same level that you see western high end fashion models put to. It's really strange that you would insult your supposed favorite by saying her weight is scary.

Have you seen any videos of her? She looks fine in those too.
>>
File: IMG_2633.jpg (73 KB, 586x792)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>9514363
Woah okay, I was just saying that in a select few she looks, in my opinion, incredibly thin. I don't think she is overall, judging from the rest of the content of the magazine and videos etc, just in these select photos. Just an opinion.

To get back on track: if you guys were asked to define what is a classic large look what would you say? Mine would be pic related. I love her insta so much
>>
>>9514377
*larme, obviously not large
>>
>>9508338
Thank you so much, anon! I really appreciate the time and effort you put into your review! I've been looking into Larme for a long time now, and I'll soon make the plunge into the fashion so this is really helpful!

(currently losing weight - want to shrink to a stable size first before buying nice clothes)
>>
>>9514434
You're welcome! I'm working on my next one right now. If there's any particular kind of swankiss review you'd like (dress, skirt, top, bag) let me know.
>>
File: magazine.jpg (162 KB, 540x694)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>9508359
Maybe it's because I mostly buy from gothic brands but I don't own a single Lolita dress that was made in China

Did anyone get pic related?
>>
File: 1494028528661.gif (1.97 MB, 258x258)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB GIF
>>9514491
I'd really honestly love it if you reviewed anything. I'm hungry for just about every kind of review lol. If I had to say, maybe a swimsuit, jacket, or dress?
>>
>>9508338
Thanks for the detailed review, anon! I look forward to more.

Is it weird that I want those shoes a lot more now after seeing them in better lighting? That mauve color works better in my wardrobe than the baby pink they seemed in stock photos
>>
>>9514562
I have a few different dresses to choose from. Would you guys rather have a review on one I love or one I was sort of disappointed with? I think hearing a variety of reviews(neg/pos) is good but if people just want reviews of stuff I like I can do that.

>>9514568
Not weird at all, I like this color more. I'd say get them if you like them! I think they're sold out on SK's website but I'm almost positive shibuya109 still has some in pink in both M and L.
>>
File: bird hold.gif (345 KB, 250x188)
345 KB
345 KB GIF
>>9514575
A dress you love! Just so that I could perhaps add it to my wishlist.
>>
>>9514582
I'll pick one I love that's still available to review after this next one then. I'll try my best to hurry up and finish it by the end of the weekend!
>>
File: bird-pen.gif (1.92 MB, 400x225)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB GIF
>>9514584
Thanks so much! It's very kind of you to volunteer your time to do so. Happy writing!
>>
>>9514599
You're welcome. I might as well put my nitpicking talents to good use!
>>
File: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.png (873 KB, 670x626)
873 KB
873 KB PNG
Bump
>>
Are there any girls who wear larme and are not skinny but still look good? Not talking about plus sized.
>>
>>9516497
How the fuck do they do those hairstyles
Does anyone have any tips/tutorials? I've tried braiding my hair like that but I must be missing something obvious because it just looks messy and not in a charming way.
>>
>>9517499
Disclaimer: I don't know what you specifically do that affects your hairstyle so I'm giving a general overview in hopes that it'll help you out. Also, I can't read Japanese, so I'm simply stating what I'm seeing in the picture and from experience. Greentext for legibility.

> Straighten your hair.
> The part in your hair shouldn't be ruler-straight; it should be gently messy so you just use your finger to outline the part.
> Begin braids at just above and behind your ears.
> Both unbraided hair and braid should be generally soft and loose (in other words, don't pull hard on your hair).
> Use a bit of french braid near your neck's nape just to bring the braids into their respective directions.
> Pull on a few small segments of hair while braiding to create that flowy and lightly messy look.
> Tie the braids with those invisible tiny elastic bands and tuck them into the braids on the opposite sides so they aren't showing.
> Use bobby pins to fix the braids into the back.

Hope it helped.
>>
>>9517499
Use product. The braids need to start neat and then you can gently mess then up.
>>
Where does everyone get their Larme mooks? Do you get them off Amazon and/or is there a subscription service available for those who live in the USA?
>>
Noob here, I found this cute MILK skirt second hand. I would like this to be my first item but I have no idea what tops or accessories would compliment it.
bust: 90
waist:70
Any guidance would be seriously appreciated
>>
>>9520473
I think a summery looking top in red would be really cute.
>>
I heard Dakota Rose will be modelling for the magazine soon

Brace yourselves
>>
>>9518255
I get my currents from amazon jp, and I picked up my old ones in a bulk listing from fril. You can probably find someone's collection on there, Mercari, mbok, or yja.

It looks like anime books has a year subscription available, but for me it's cheaper to just buy them from amazon jp each issue.
>>
>>9508338
Wow, those are completely different colors. Your pic looks like what Western brands call nude, I wouldn't even call it dusty pink. I'd be really bummed out if I thought I was ordering the color on the right and got the ones on the left.
>>
>>9521319
She already modeled for larme. She got a spread in the first issue - pic related.. Her eye is even on the front cover. She's been going to the same events as Risa and stuff recently, though, so she might come back. Who knows or really cares anymore.
>>
>>9521774
God I'd forgotten how bad the earliest editions of Larme were...
>>
What girl from the western community would you like to see model in Larme magazine?
>>
>>9521774

Shes prob trying to make a come back after her two agencies dropped her.... ostrengas will try anything
>>
>>9522042
Chiekooooooooooooo and also Ruka. Maybe Katie? The asian Katie, not the OTT Katie
>>
>>9514377
What's her IG?
>>
>>9522074

Chieko doesnt have a cute face

Ruka looks too manly

Katie? Which is that?
>>
>>9522197
love06067777
>>
>>9522369
Chieko does have a cute face and the rest can be supplemented with photoshop like every other Larme model. Her personality though makes her not my top to model.

Other than that I really don't think anyone in the western Larme community is model worthy. We'd be better served by looking at which actual western models would look good in Larme.
>>
>>9522633
Chieko has a good face for modelling outside of jfashion. But like you said her personality is awful and so is Candices.... the pair of them are french snobs.

Not true - there is a fair few girls I would say would look good modelling Larme from who i have seen in the tag. Cute little faced girls not mature faces like Sayarin or Chieko. Their faces are too angular.

I would not even mind Dakota in Larme magazine if she was not such a horrid cow. Because I think despite her awful photoshop I think she does have a cute face? With the right styling though of course... even Venus would look quite cute. I think it just depends on the face.
>>
>>9522633
>Her personality though makes her not my top to model.
Deets? Was she involved in any drama? As far as I know she isn't that relevant.
>>
would fat girls ever be able to pull off this look? people can debate it a lot with lolita, there are definitely some chubsters that can look cute in lolita. The shape of some dresses conceal and accentuate parts of the body that can be flattering in lolita. Larme is a whole other monster, and i havent seen many fat girls attempt it yet. is it just because larme is so waif like or what
>>
>>9523633
With lolita it's not necessary to look attractive and some lolita clothes will never be the most flattering on anyone. Larme clothes should look flattering and you should try to look attractive imo.
>>
>>9523619

Her, candice and ruka just think they own Larme basically

Chieko and Candice were shitting on Dakota... not like everyone doesnt already but despite them being models too. Kinda envious...

None of them are anon including dakota
>>
>>9492195
I think the red would work if it wasn't so bright and if you didn't choose to mix in the pink.
I'd stick with deeper red, purple and white (so just 3 colors).

The style doesn't feel cohesive, it seems like your outfit wants to be too many things at once.

All in all, the pieces separately are very cute, but together they don't work.

Good luck!
>>
Is Larme dying down and losing momentum? This thread is almost a month old.
>>
File: larme028_08.jpg (358 KB, 800x588)
358 KB
358 KB JPG
A French blogger, Cherrywoodgirl posted some scans of 028: http://cherrywoodgirl.blogspot.com/2017/06/larme-028.html

It's pretty underwhelming compared to past issues. This one might honestly be my least favorite so far.

>>9525923
I don't think its dying, just in a slow period
>>
>>9526124

True

In summer the style is dead but winter the fashion bumps up
>>
>>9502426
Chinese manufacturers are often the literal same manufacturers for the "real clothes" except that they are often items that they "accidentally" did too much of. They also often take the designs given to their factories and then alter them in this or that way.

Realistically, China is currently hyper rich and the whole thing about people getting explored is toning down enough so that this argument is becoming futile and, frankly, baseless.
>>
>>9525923
There haven't been a ton of big arguments in this thread. That's generally what bumps up the post count. Otherwise, there's not much to talk about that hasn't been talked about before.

The early threads are all about trying to nail down what Larme was and expanding on the Larme aesthetic. There was a lot of talk about where to get the clothes and how to piece together offbrand outfits. But now long term Larme fans should have a good idea of how to obtain brand and the rise in availability and accessibly of offbrand pieces means we don't need endless discussion about how to put an outfit together. Threads were also more active when people posted coords from the Facebook group and critiqued them like the closet of frills threads, but that came to an end when the mods nearly tried to nuke the group over it. So.
>>
>>9526124
Yeah, this issue doesn't look nearly as good as the others. There was maybe one coord I liked
>>
>>9526289
That's why I said from thiefs.
Trust me, I know how hard it is to find a good manufacturer in China who provides humane working conditions.
>China is currently hyper rich and the whole thing about people getting explored is toning down enough so that this argument is becoming futile and, frankly, baseless.
There is this thing called income inequality, it's super big in China.

>>9526306
We could talk about trends, only I didn't notice anything interesting enough and I couldn't tell if Larme came with something new or is just following trends already happening in Japan.
>>
>>9523633
Forget fat girls, does larme even look ok on anyone not completely waif-like? And does age come into it more? I feel like the best look for larme is a very slim, 18-21 year old. I dunno, I love the fashion but feel a bit mutton dressed as lamb in it.
>>
I remember a gull mentioning she was looking for a "Blazer dress" and everyone not knowing what she meant, since she didn't have any examples. I found pic related some days after, and I forgot to post it haha. In case you're still around, I wanted to post it

I'll dump some finds I found on IG
>>
>>9526670
I'm in need of shoes and these are giving me LIFE
>>
>>9526671
>>
>>9526672
>>
>>9526673
I love the skirt. I'm new to sowing but would it be hard to make something like this? I'd love some tips
>>
>>9526674
This overlay shirt seems like a slighty more advanced project, solely because of the fabric used. The hems look hard to do as well, nonetheless I want to make it someday!
>>
File: qtpants.jpg (1.04 MB, 2160x1280)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>9526675
I found these cute wideleg pants as well. They're a cute DIY project as well
>>
>>9526678
These sets are adorable, but they might be too girly for larme? Lacking a few mature aspects, that is... But the individual pices could be used in larme definitely!
>>
>>9526681
I think removing the bow would make it more mature and balanced, and maybe with some nice heels instead of platforms.. Great dump anon, I love it all!
>>
Forgive me if this has been asked before, I'm trying to buy something from Bubbles online store to ship to my tenso. If I'm using a foreign credit card is "Zeus credit" what I need to select as payment? Or do I just need to get a shopping service for this store? TIA
>>
>>9526674
Looks like an simple pattern. You could walk into your local Joann's and find a similar skirt pattern very easily. The "tough" part would be adding the ruffles or applying the grommets.
>>
File: 1368962729355.jpg (96 KB, 724x720)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
I think larme is dying in the west because it isn't a fashion where you can hide your ugly. It's not like lolita or himekaji where you can hide your fatness under a poofy dress or your ugly face behind heavy falsies.
>>
>>9528875
top baito
everything can be shooped nowadays anyway.

I think it's getting less popular because a tonne of 'larme things' became mainstream fashion so people can't be special anymore.
>>
>>9528875
thats not nice uwu
>>
>>9528875
>>9528886
Nah it's because it's summer. The most iconic Larme pieces are more fall and winter focused, that's when all the velvet and lace ups and interesting cuts and shit comes out. Right now it's all about floral sundresses and those are pretty mainstream summer staples.
>>
>>9528969

Agreed its a boring period for larme but in winter and autumn it is so much more interesting
>>
>>9528875
I think a lot of people weren't very impressed by the latest issue as well.
>>
What kind of fashion can only be trendy for two seasons out of the year? Gyaru, lolita, all of those can be worn all the time.

I think >>9528886 is right about larme being too mainstream. The western larme community is also rigid and intimidating, compared to Lolita. Lots of infighting and it's stricter than gyaru, less room for experimentation, no real substyles. It's a vague feeling, not an actual -kei fashion.
>>
File: early larme.jpg (1.43 MB, 1915x2554)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
>>9529673
>intimidating
I've never had that impression. Lolita seems way more intimidating.

>infighting
Also never seen this. Do you mean in these threads?

>strict
>vague
I don't really see how it could be both
>>
>>9529732
Strict in the way that people are rigid about what makeup is larme, what hair color is larme, and why western brands just aren't ~real larme compared to western brands. but when you ask what the fashion actually /is/ or what makes an outfit larme, the answers are muddled. If its Larme it has to be in the magazine, but not everything in the magazine is Larme, etc etc.

it's a cute style, but the cgl threads and community make it into something it isn't.
>>
>>9529750
Well, I agree that it's not really a 'kei' as such, but I don't think that's so much of a problem. There are plenty of rigid j-fashion styles, and it's nice to have one that's more loose. Some people don't like that it's difficult to define, but for others, it's kind of a bonus. For me, the threads and community are fairly relaxed, and you see a lot of western brand items used well in really larme outfits.
>>
>>9529673
It's not that it's trendy for only two seasons, but it's rather toned down for summer. Nothing wrong with that, it just doesn't lead to much in the way of discussion. I really hate how the speed of this thread is used as a litmus test for how popular Larme is in the west. Every time this thread slows down someone comes in to proclaim Larme is dead.

>>9529777
I agree, I like that Larme is a lot more of an aesthetic than something more rigid like lolita. Yes, some people get far more into putting strict definitions on it than I would like, but I generally just ignore them and do my own thing. I don't post many of my outfits online which kind of helps me avoid the strictness some people impose on the fashion.
>>
Trying my luck here too, since the shoe thread seems kinda dead.
Anyone know where I can get a pair of -comfortable- shoes like this (in black)? Need a cute pair of shoes that will work both for office and larme.
Preferably a bit rounder toe, and heel can be higher too, any tips are appreciated! Or other nice comfortable larme-able shoes with chunky heels.
>>
>>9530266
I'm sure I've seen those in black in New Look. Sorry for no link etc, on my phone and I hate their mobile website. But those are quite standard sort of thing that are around atm, I've seen the same/similar in normie places like new look, asos, boohoo etc
>>
File: IMG_2736.jpg (18 KB, 300x450)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
UK is getting very larme here
>>
>>9530467
Checked all the websites, and couldn't find anything like them unfortunately.. Don't have any of those stores where I live either, but thank you for the help! Found some cute shoes for other occasions at least haha
>>
File: 1530642-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg (26 KB, 480x360)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>9530266
These look similar?
>http://www.zappos.com/p/bloch-broadway-lo-black/product/7811443/color/3
>>
>>9530564
Those shoes are nice, source?
>>
>>9530723
Bloch is a dance shoe company. Those are for stage dancing, not outside wear.
>>
>>9530723
Unfortunately way to pointy! I don't have super wide feet, but pointy shoes always make them hurt, and I don't like the look.
>>
>>9530266
Can't you just do an online search for "round toe low heel Mary Jane pumps"? I would try to help more but I'm not familiar with where you live. I see a lot of old ladies in my area wear a similar shoe. Maybe look in less trendy stores.
>>
>>9530728
reverse image search is your friends
>http://www.asos.com/pimkie/pimkie-wrap-ballet-pump/prd/7946696?CTAref=Complete%20the%20Look%20Carousel_2&featureref1=complete%20the%20look
>>
>>9530831
Been browsing eBay for hours without luck, either I get way to pointy/high heels/weird straps, or something that looks okay but I know will kill my feet to walk in.. Maybe I'm just too picky haha.
I'm located in Europe/Scandinavia, been checking local stores but I feel like everything has open toe/stiletto heels, but I'll sweep the "old lady stores" too, thanks for the tip!
>>
>>9530728

Er I think the skirt is Boohoo i was on google and it popped up
>>
I feel like Risa's style has gone from cute dolly to more high fashion shit no one can really afford unless you're rich. I sometimes see random Japanese girls on Instagram who have the money to shell out on thousands just on the same YSL handbag as Risa or pair of shoes though. Also some of the other models too. But recently I just don't find Risa very Larmey? I feel like it's just designer gear.
>>
>>9532469
Yeah, I like Isako Date's outfits better.
>>
>>9530266
Bonprix has a pair very similar to this in black!I would buy them asap, they seem comfy and made of softer PU.
I would like to know where I can find affordable similar shoes (EU shops only) like these with softer PU in red like the pic you posted, white or pastel pink.
>tfw i need desperately mary Janes that won't destroy my feet
>>
>>9532469
As someone who can put money towards that sort of price bracket I'd just like to throw it out there she's really going hard for the generic "unique" higher end items. It's entirely possible to keep a more larme aesthetic with luxury brands but she's not doing it at all.
>>
>>9533512

I work and have a grand saved up too anon. Although I dont blow it all on Larme clothing because unlike Risa who is a model for a living. The average everyday person isnt in magazines and half of our Instagram followers probably dont give a fuck if we shelled out $2000 for a new YSL black larme themed bag.

But yeah... I like risa still but I did prefer her older style more so.
>>
>>9533842
>a grand saved up too
This is not a high fashion price bracket and is not a lot of money in savings.
>>
>>9533842
I think you don't understand what I mean. I'm not talking about a grand or two. I can afford what Risa can consistently. I was pointing out that she's abandoning more of the iconic Larme styling in favor for basic high end stuff and it's unfortunate because I have personal experience that says she can buy higher bracket items and still be larme/dolly.
>>
>>9533845

Im typing on my phone so i make errors - I meant a few good grand saved up. Im rushing as I type anon.

Okay calm down... however not all of the younger readers can afford it. Unless the Japanese girls who come from rich families hound their parents for the money. I have yet to even see anyone in the western community pair up high brands with larme anyway yet.

Even so anon, since you enjoy bragging maybe you could start being the first to throw in a few ysl bags and all that into your outfits too.
>>
>>9533855

It isnt always about having higher brand items either. If outfits are shit looking and the person is ugly then it means nothing.
>>
>>9534127
That wasn't me. It was someone pointing out the error in your logic.

>>9533855
Was me. So I guess I'm the one who likes "bragging" even though I was contributing something entirely relevant to the conversation and mentioned an aspect of my life for perspective.

"Bragging" would be more like "Oh my god I can buy more than risa and I totally have a more larme look now that she's such a basic high fashion bitch uwu did I mention I look JUST LIKE RISA BUT RICHER???"
>>
>>9534127
I'm not dogging on you. I can't really splurge on high end items and I'm in my mids 20s with a salary (I chose the wrong field, lmao). But I choose to spend it on other stuff.

I'm not calling you poor or anything. I was just letting you know in case you said things like that in the wrong company unanon and looked silly.
>>
>>9534137

Breathe anon

Take 5 babes
>>
>>9534216
I'd think this advice would be better suited for the anon who seems to think briefly giving context to conversation is bragging.
>>
>>9534137
>>9534223
>Was me. So I guess I'm the one who likes "bragging" even though I was contributing something entirely relevant to the conversation and mentioned an aspect of my life for perspective.

Y'know, any person can see that there are high fashion pieces that suit larme even if they can't afford them. Bringing up the fact you can afford them and regularly buy them is bragging. It contributed nothing to the post. You could have just said
>There are high fashion items that work in larme, I've seen loads of them, seeing as we're on an imageboard here's a pic of some that I especially like

That would have made your post 10x better.
>>
>>9535175
I'm sorry you're offended by my wording, I thought I was on /cgl/. You know, the place where you don't have to coddle everyone when you post. My apologies.
>>
I ordered some cute pieces from ank rouge and now have to pay an import fee of 130 dollars. Fuck me I hate living in Europe
>>
>>9536397
Those taxes are for healthcare and stuff you know. You could have used a shopping service that marks it down and packages it the right way.
>>
>>9536350
I'm a different anon from the two who complained at you in the first place. No one is asking you to coddle anyone, or even offended, just engaging in the /cgl/ spirit of being a massive bitch all day long and pointing out when people do annoying things like brag unnecessarily whilst contributing nothing of value. If you knew you were on /cgl/ already, why did you expect anything else when you posted?

Seriously. You should have just posted pics of items you like/own, you could have segued into bragging really easily without anyone even noticing because anons love to ask for reviews and worn pics of items.
>>
>>9536410
Sure Jan. I'll be sure to put in a detailed review of every single larmeable high end item I own before anything else just for your approval next time, is that okay with you? Should I wipe your ass for you while I'm at it?
>>
>>9536406
It's illegal to state a different price on the package and the shopping service could potentially get in trouble. Taxes here are usually really high, but this is extreme.
I used tenso btw.
>>
>>9536702
I'm from the EU too so I know the rules. They are supposed to charge a certain % and if it was higher than it should've been, you should complain and get your money back.
>>
>>9536709
VAT rates differ from country to country. My country has the highest of all in EU, and it's always 25% of the package's price no matter what it contains.
>>
>>9536702
I think you're being overtly cautious anon. I've marked down stuff with tenso, had it shipped to two different EU countries, everything went perfectly fine.

What did you order btw? I'm pretty curious, I've been having exams so couldn't really keep up with brands recently.
>>
>>9536715
So why are you posting about it here as if something unusual happened, you could've calculated the taxes before you ordered.
>>
>>9536750
NAYRT but where I live taxes are up the ass as well and I complain about it constantly because you never get used to paying that much for something even if it happens every time
>>
>>9536406
I mean, they kind of are in the loosest sense but no country with a good healthcare system is gonna suddenly collapse if they got rid of it. Import taxes exist solely to deter people from buying from other countries. They're supposed to encourage you to seek out domestic/eu products that actually might be more expensive before the tax is applied.

But yeah, mark down your packages unless you live in one of the EU countries with poor postal infrastructure, or if you live in a rural area. There's relatively little risk to doing so unless your package gets lost or damaged, in which case you're kinda fucked. If you try and claim the real value of the items you could end up dobbing yourself in for fraud, so if you have marked down a package accept that if the items inside get lost or damaged you will only be able to claim the marked down amount.

Oh, I've also found that if the customs forms are filled out in the native language of the sender you slip through the net much more easily.
>>
File: IMG_4352.jpg (85 KB, 540x720)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>9523633
Well you tell me
>>
>>9536928

Sure this isnt a guy in drag? First Ruka and now this... Larme is full of trannies yall
>>
>>9537014
Ruka's a guy??? I always thought she was just another Tumblr snowflake
>>
>>9536928
Looks fine, imho
>>
>>9537189
Get your eyes checked ASAP. I'm afraid you may have severe cataracts
>>
File: rukalarme.png (234 KB, 369x472)
234 KB
234 KB PNG
>>9537176
Likely not even a man. She's just """"manly"""" because she has abs and is very fit due to her practicing naginatajutsu and participating in tournaments for said sport.
>>
>>9536928
Good God that's a hairy arm
>>
>>9537215
Her makeup is on point. There are much worse dressed girls in the Larme group, you are just hating because of her size lol, so fuck off
>>
>>9537440
You can't see her full body to tell if what she's wearing is acceptable, her makeup is basic and more instagram than larme, and her arm indicates she's actually sasquatch. How is it fine?
>>
>>9537339 >>9537530
Tfw I'm also faired skinned with dark hair and genetics have cursed me with hairy arms due to my ethnic background. I used to get teased about it in school so this brought back all of that and now I feel so uncomfortable with it again.
>>
>>9537624
Shave your arms so you don't look like fucking sasquatch. It's not hard.

>boo hoo I was teased

Guess what buttercup? most girls were.
>>
>>9537624
No one really cares about your arm hair anon, people just tease you for whatever gets a reaction. That's why adult advice to bullied children is always
>ignore it
impossible when you're a child but it's fundamentally right. Same principle behind not feeding the troll.

>>9537651
wowee who shat in your cereal?
>>
>>9537690
Nobody shit in my cereal, I just think it's super dumb and attention seeking to complain about being teased as a child about (insert generic thing about the body) anonymously on the internet when the majority of children have experienced some form of bullying. Nobody cares that your arms make you look like an ape any more, and if they do and it bothers you it's an insanely simple fix to shave or wax.

Cry me a river, it's not like you're hideously disfigured or crippled and were teased over that. Some kids picked on you because you have hairy arms, other people have actual problems. Grow up any day.
>>
>>9537690
Tbh anon sounds like a massive bitch who needs to chill but she has a point.
>>
>>9537690
Nayrt but ignoring it doesn't always work lol, it can actually motivate them to become violent/more extreme to get a reaction.
>tfw you managed to ignore your bullies all week so they try to drown you in the big pool where your feet can reach the ground
>>
>>9537698
Can't*
>>
>>9537698
Seconding that "just ignoring it" is pretty bad advice. Even if the bullies don't try to drown you (holy fuck, anon) it's still not really a healthy response and can leave people really detached from their emotions at large.

That being said, /cgl/ isn't really the place to be crying about your childhood bullies. What did that anon expect here?
>>
>>9537231

Nah Ruka even had old pictures up ages ago - ruka is a guy
>>
>>9536928

Thats a fucking dude

Dont start with the hairy feminist 2k17 bs either - ive seen hairy marys but never as hairy as this fucker!
>>
>>9537796
Do you mean the pictures of her dressed in boys clothes when she thought she might be a boy? Because she was still a girl then just as now.
>>
>>9537728
I wasn't expecting much. I'm just saying that arm hair is not always indicative of gender and I actually forgot about mine until this morning lol.
>>
>>9537690
>>9537692
>>9537698
Sorry didn't realize you guys were going to take my comment so seriously. I wasn't bullied to any sort of extent as that and I didn't cry or anything - just made me feel uncomfortable and this conversation reminded me of it. All I really wanted to say is that not all people with body hair are men and I don't really think she even needs to shave or wax to be seen as one. It's not even a feminist thing. I didn't even really notice it until you guys kept harping on it.
>>
>>9537796
Why are you still trying to do this? I don't understand. Are you jealous or something? I don't even like Ruka, I think she's a snobby bitch but I can't understand your obsessive insistence that she was born male. She is female. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Can we all just agree to report this anon from now on? It's genuinely starting to creep me out.
>>
>>9490364
I terminated the discord invite. Reply here with an email and I'll email a temporary invite to you

I'll make a new never-expiring invite link later!
>>
File: 20170629_171257.jpg (52 KB, 688x918)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
sorry for the newfag questions/ shitty picture, but would this be suitable for larme?

if not, what could be different about the pieces? what key factors should i look for when i shop for larme-able pieces?
>>
>>9538255
They're probably both fine but personally I like the dress, but not the top. I fell like the point of wearing a t-shirt (or whatever) underneath a dress, especially a slip dress, is to cover the areas the dress doesn't cover, so the neckline on it is too low for me. I also like to use textural differences, so if the dress is "Plain" I'll use a top of a different material, texture or opacity.


>what key factors should i look for when i shop for larme-able pieces?
This is a pretty tough thing to explain because it's seasonal and trend based, so you can't just say
>Creates this silhouette
>has this detail
etc like you can for other fashions.It's much easier to find plain, staple pieces than it is statement pieces though.

I noticed from the label that they're from H&M so I'm gonna post a quick collage of some stuff I have saved on there, 'cause it's a goldmine at the moment.
>>
File: h&mthings.png (433 KB, 884x928)
433 KB
433 KB PNG
>>9538276
Sorry for messy collage, I just did it quickly now.

I had a quick browse and there's actually even more than what I've included here. This is all from the sale section (at least in the UK) and I didn't even look at shoes or accessories. Most of the things also come in multiple colours, some are just repeats in a different colour; I just screenshot and pasted my wishlist so sorry about that.
>>
>>9538255
The dress is ok but the top is too low cut and genetic looking. Try to find something with a bit of detail and with a softer look. Sheer could work and / or something with a peter pan collar. Bell sleeves are another option.

You do see plain tops in larme but usually to play off something with frill details etc - as it stands both items in your picture look a bit flat.
>>
>>9538286
this collage is very helpful, thank you so much!
>>
>>9538294
good to know about the top, i assumed because it was pink that it would be a good match. I will look for some more flowy and light blouses now. thank you!!
>>
>>9538255

I agree with >>9538276, something like a high crew neck shirt or even a lacy turtleneck would work better with this dress.
>>
>>9536928
Arm aside, it looks decent.
>>
>>9538286
Oh man that hot pink dress in the lower right is so cute.
>>
>>9537817
lol
>>
>>9538286
so you happen to have the links to the two black skirts?
Or the pink dress 3rd in 1st row, or black dress 1st in 2nd row?

I've found some things on U O recently that i'll post myself.
>>
>>9492681
Why are any niche hobby meets a thing?
>>
>>9503427
>Is this an attitude that bleeds over from Lolita or something?

Efame seekers are everywhere.
>>
>>9504081
Mmm, Kate.
>>
>>9538494
No problem, glad it was useful.

>>9539073
Wasn't into the bright pink trend myself, but it's pretty amazing how close the colour is to OP.

>>9540972
Here you go anon
>http://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0460846001.html#Black
>http://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0505300001.html#Black
>http://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0476614002.html#Powder pink
>http://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0446203001.html#Black
>>
>>9508338
Thank you so much for your time, anon. If you wind up really getting into this, would you consider moving future reviews to a more stable platform?
>>
>>9541055
And Jillian.
>>
>>9530716
The American brand Clarks sells lots of chunky heels - their biggest demographic is older women.

https://www.clarksusa.com/us/c/womens-heels-view-all
>>
>>9537339
Looks normal for people from certain backgrounds. You're an asshole, anon.
>>
>>9541042
I wouldn't say larme is a hobby. Do others organise meet-ups for people who wear the same fashion besides lolitas?
>>
File: Chinaberry_Pop.jpg (9 KB, 400x267)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>9541155
You are a blessing, found these now and I'm in love, hope they will fit right too!
>>
>>9542025
Some people view their fashion as a hobby. It's more of a hobby than other j-fashion imo, because it has the collecting the magazine aspect like lolita did with glb.




Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.