[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 55 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

File: Captain-Canada.jpg (147 KB, 600x996)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
Yeticon's next week, then ConBravo, then Otakuthon, then FanExpo

What else is going on and who's going to what?

I'm doing YetiCon, ConBravo, and maybe Otakuthon if I can find a hotel

I dunno what happens on the West coast or in the Maritimes, so update shit and whatever anons
>>
Going to Yeticon, Conbravo and otakuthon. Not doing fanexpo just going to the park around the area. Animaritimes is sometime in July I think. Halcon is in the fall late October or November. Both are a joke.
>>
Doing ConBravo, CosplayMatsuri and unsure about FanExpo, prob just doing the same as >>9511118 and taking advantage of photog bookings etc in the park and nearby area
>>
>>9511118
Animaritime is at the end of this month which I'm hitting a full weekend of. I've never been before and gf hasn't been in years. Please let it be chill.

I'll be checking out Fundy Fanfest which I guess is new? I'm just going for Saturday to see if it blows or not. $30 for a one day badge and $220 for a vendor's table seems disasterous but it's in the province so why not. I'll report back if anyone would be interested.

I will definitely be going to Hal-con in late September. I just moved to the maritime so I'm not sure what to expect.

>Both are a joke
I can understand Animaritime considering they don't have recorded info/attendance numbers and for going on for years it seems at best questionable. Unsure about Hal-con though, please explain?
>>
>>9511111
Is there anything happening at Otakuthon?
>>
>>9511145
-Man on a Mission concert
-IA concert
-Japanese VA for Saber
-Gunpla Builder World Cup
-WCS Team Canada qualifiers
>>
File: 1205333.jpg (40 KB, 400x400)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
On the Western side, Otafest is in less than a month.
>mfw still haven't had time to repair my favourite cosplay because working on another one at the same time
A-at least that one's almost done...
>>
File: 4qxu6SmsD1svatz3.jpg (44 KB, 500x357)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>9511213
>>
File: TJFF-2017_Sliders-1.jpg (330 KB, 900x452)
330 KB
330 KB JPG
For anyone interested the Toronto Japanese Film Festival starts tmr and runs until the end of June.

http://jccc.on.ca/tjff/
>>
Btw there's also a ramen eating challenge next Tuesday at Kinton Ramen on Queen for anyone who's interested and has a big appetite.

>Can you finish our MEGA TAN TAN MEN in 15 mins? If you can finish the entire MEGA RAMEN (including broth) your MEGA TAN TAN MEN ($30) will be free of charge!

> Date: Jun 13 [Tue]
> Location: KINTON RAMEN Queen [402 Queen St W]
> Time: 5-9:30pm

https://www.fb.com/events/129883477584192/
>>
File: 105769.jpg (38 KB, 225x350)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>9511260
Thank you, anon. Now it's time to believe in myself.

Also to cut fabric and put my sewing machine into overdrive.
>>
>>9511387
I'm going to see the chihayafuru movie on sat.
>>
Great...
>>
>>9511702
Is it even known yet who's running cosplay matsuri?
>>
>>9511788
The same people as Unplugged.
If you mean the actual people, I know one person and I visited their Anime North industry table... It was pretty weird. A girl watching their table barely spoke English or something, when I asked her a question she kind of floundered then brokenly told me to come back when someone else was there. The table people were just running around doing whatever the fuck they wanted. Someone else at the table was straight up using it as a front for their own business.
>>
Is Yeticon any good? Conbravo?
>>
https://discord.gg/jvgXww
>>
>>9512504
Yep, both good for different reasons. Yeti for parties, Bravo for content and guests.
>>
>>9511185
>Was gonna come for the Gunpla Builder World Cup
>Why is accommodation so expensive this weekend
>Osheaga
>Guess I'm going to Osheaga now

Hopefully I can check out the con Friday or Saturday morning.
>>
>>9497693
>>9497638
What's the drama on JC?
What did he do?
>>
>>9514197
be autistic probably
>>
Any word on this?
>>
>>9515934
The name Warframe barely even rings a bell. Is it popular in esports and competitive play?
>>
Any of you can do carpool from GTA area (i.e. Finch Station or pickup area of your choice) to Montreal for Otakuthon? Hotel space would also be well appreciated... I have lots of shekels, please kindly let me know your pricing and I'll most likely pay asap for it. I can do EMT and Paypal.

I'll be sure to bring proper food this time assuming anyone in the hotel room I'm staying in is hungry as fuck and too poor/lazy to pay for hotel food. Cheers.
>>
>>9517625
If you can't find a weeb carpool normal carpool from GTA-Mtl is like 15$, and plenty of listings on kijiji 2-3 days before.
>>
Anyone in the Durham area going to Yeticon? Looking for a ride on Friday, will pay!
>>
>>9515934
Unless you're obsessed with Warframe, this is probably a waste of your time and money. Not much to do in this city.
>>
anyone sold anything at the garage sale at otakuthon? i sent in an email so I hope it gets accepted but im just scared to lug around my stuff in the wait line for badges (also i have no one to hold my stuff outside the lines since im pretty sure every person has to be there for their own badges soo)
>>
>>9519011
I don't know if it has to be the person themselves but I do know they ask for ID to pickup. Otak has a really nice 2$ bag check though. If you're planning to pick up badge Friday you can always drop your stuff off there.
>>
>>9519011
Are you staying in a hotel, if so how far and are you going for Thursday pick up? What I've done is drop my luggage at the hotel and pick my badge first, then lug it back from the hotel.
I usually set my drop-off appointment on Friday morning and pick up my tix on Thursday evening though.
If anything, maybe ask garage sale people if the can hold your luggage or something, if you're okay with that, the garage sale drop off and the registration are usually in the same large room.
>>
Just saw this. Anyone have the details on this?
>>
>>9520204
http://globalnews.ca/video/3524968/calgary-police-calls-actions-of-canada-creep-clearly-disturbing

He took some videos of girls at Calgary Expo as well.
>>
>>9520204
Guy got arrested today and is being charged on at least three charges and probably more. Apparently he had "hundreds" of recording devices that need to be combed according to Calgary Police.
>>
I've got a spot for yeti if anyone wants, it's $80
>>
>>9520219
Yikes. I have friends who've cosplayed Starfire. Hope he didn't get anything of them.
>>
This was posted through the AN discord group, but I thought I'd share this here as well for anyone interested. We're planning a meetup on Saturday June 24th for Japanese BBQ at Gyukaku followed by drinks and games at Power Up Game Bar. We'll meet in front of Gyukaku around 6 or 7pm (we'll finalize the time as we get closer to the date)*

The restaurant is located near Church and Aderlaide, and the bar is located near Church and Wellington (about 5min walk from each other).

http://www.gyu-kaku.com/toronto
http://powerupbar.ca/
>>
>>9520240
Glad to hear he's caught. My girlfriend had been a bit concerned about a couple of her cosplays for Otafest with that in mind.
>>
Anyone at Yeti right now, at the Kaytoo dance party?
>>
>>9522898
Just left anything even going on there seemed lame
>>
>>9522902
only lame because people like you make it that way

Who cares if it was a bit quiet? read the mood dude and just enjoy the con :^)
>>
How bad and in-your-face was the progressive bullshit and Western media at Anime North? I opted not to go because of panels like "Steven Universe", "Dragon Age", and "Ask an Asexual".
>>
>>9523326
Do you primarily attend panels? I would have still gone but just found other things to do. The "ask an asexual" panel probably didn't have anyone in it because honestly aside from sounding stupid af it sounds like they also have a huge ego.
>>
>>9523326
Only in your face thing really was "gender neutral" bathrooms in the Sheraton, and even then the people who wanted it just got triggered over it because god forbid cis-het men used the bathrooms.

Wish places would really stop catering to whiners who won't even be happy when they get exactly what they're asking for.
>>
>tfw no qt trap crossplayer to go to Otakuthon with
;-;
>>
georgian room 222
>>
>>9523326
wasnt really in your face in my experience. Though I def dont think they have a place at an anime con I was honestly just happy that it kinda acted as a containment space for those sort of people so they dont spread to the rest of the con stuff as much, like the homestuck threads on here (and to be fair that and all the undertale/marvel/league/mlp/disney/star wars/voltron shit really shouldnt have a place at an anime convention either but I think they just kinda let whatever they think will draw in ticket sales happen
>>
>>9523748
Georgian 448
>>
>>9523594
i'll be your brother in arms, neko
>>
File: 20170617_213029.jpg (2.34 MB, 4160x2080)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB JPG
>>9523827

FUCK

I'VE BEEN MEMED
>>
>>9523891
Party in the middle!
>>
>>9523891
If you do want to party, come to the inn in like 2 hours
>>
>>9523897
>>9523900
which inn? we are going to rave first then looking for parties after prolly
>>
>>9523879
[spoiler]I'm not neko[/spoiler]
>>
>>9523936
exciting!

what are we crossplaying senpai?
>>
I'm at the blue mountain inn and have bucket loads of beer but room mate is asleep what do?
>>
>falling for the yeticon meme
>>
Not really weeb releated, but I thought I'd share this for those of you in the GTA. There's a doughnut festival happening next Sunday at Dufferin Park
https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/toronto-life-doughnut-festival-presented-by-dufferin-mall-tickets-34539421339
>>
File: DSC_0951.jpg (2.67 MB, 3840x2160)
2.67 MB
2.67 MB JPG
>>9523891
>Anonymous
Where you at 222?
>>
>>9524006
got too smashed and died at 3am
>>
>>9523974
>we
I'm not looking for a qt crossplayer to crossplay together, but to tell him how cute he is in that little skirt and to hold his hands after the con.
>>
>>9523981
This whole weekend at yeticon was like one giant meme and was worth ever dollar i spent. Its forsure one of the more fun cons i've been to. Unless my work will give me more time off next year, I might drop AN and only attend Yeti, Colossal, Conbravo and AX.

My only complaint about yeti was that too much of the resort is still infested with normies. I had some fat old Italian ask for a picture with me, grab my by the shoulder and started to grope my man tits. Other than that I had a good time
>>
Anybody going to Otafest? I'm not sure if many people in /cgl/ are from the west or not
>>
File: 237.png (26 KB, 100x101)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>9525193
I'll be there.
>>
>>9523777
Voltron was an anime from the 80s, though. The panelists probably barely knew this and never watched it, but it's true.
>>
>>9523338
They gotta cater to whiners or else they'll be accused of being bigots.
>>
>>9523337
Those panels tend to fill to the point of people waiting outside the room. That's the excuse for their continued existence. People don't realize that they are just narcissism and ego boosts.
>>
>>9524002
>General admission sold out
ugh, i hate these ticketed festivals. I missed the taco festival last weekend for the same reason
>>
>>9525317
Oh cool, didnt know that. Havent watched it myself but just saw it becoming the new tumblr obsession so I kinda assumed it was just another western cartoon fad
>>
>>9525486
For what it's worth, a bunch of Marvel properties were made into anime a few years ago, too. Not that most Marvel fans at AN would even know this.
>>
fyi the JCCC is hosting their summer festival on Saturday July 8th, for anyone interested
http://jccc.on.ca/event/natsu-matsuri-obon-festival-3/
>>
>>9524925
Once the con gets more popular and fills up more of the resort, there'll be less normies each year
>>
How many people even go to Yeticon. It can't be more than a few hundred?
>>
>>9527303
About 600+ this year, shit was fucking amazing despite the rain.

Previous year was around maybe 200.

I spoke with one of the organizers, they said this year they were about to break even, so their numbers are doing better. He said if they can break even next year, they'll be in the clear.

Not to mention that the event itself gives a lot of business to the local village, food, etc.
>>
>>9525193
I'll be there! What do you think of the changes last year? Do you prefer the Telus convention centre to the U of C campus? The Canada day weekend to the May long?
>>
>>9527669
The Canada day long weekend is the worst idea. I hate the fact there they choose to have it on a weekend that there is a ton of other things to do, so I have to choose between going and missing out on a bunch of Canada day things, not going and missing out on Otafest, or going and trying to cram as much in a weekend as possible so I don't have to waste my attendance fee to get in as well as enjoy otafest as much as possible. This year in specific is even worse because it's Canada 150 so there is a ton of things to do for free. For others, the fact that the Calgary stampede next next weekend or that Canada day is a typical camping weekend is a real bitch. There are drunks everywhere because it's downtown at night (increased with the Canada day) which makes it more unsafe, and downtown is a nightmare to get around (probably worse for Canada day). I know otafest was outgrowing the U of C but I absolutely loathe the downtown core, but I'll put up with it for Otafest. I don't have any love for the new venue but it wasn't bad. However, the move to Canada day is bullshit. I would much rather they move it back to May long. I also heard that a lot of artists didn't do as well last year, so there's that.
>>
>>9527669
Telus Convention Centre on Canada Day is the worst. You have to go outside to do anything and as soon as you go outside drunk normies think it's okay to barrage you with comments and take your picture. Plus I agree with >>9528181 about not feeling safe later at night with all the drunks downtown.
>>
>>9527365
what? 200 last year isn't right at all. they had 500 badges last year and they sold out of them on saturday. attendance was about 750 total for year 1.
>>
>>9528181
Animaritime is also on Canada Day weekend, and it's a nightmare. People in the FB group were surprised when some people said that there might be drunk people around in the day wandering downtown, as if none of them had ever gone to Canada Day celebrations before.
>>
Is Yeticon worth it if you're a 25+ fan, but still love a good time? Will I feel out of place and surrounded by people younger than I am?
>>
File: O0QkrgR.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>9528750
>Canada Day celebrations
> drunk people around in the day wandering downtown
Oh eastern provinces, you so crazy.
>>
>>9528860
Nah, most people are 20-35 I think. It's not really skewing that young since most people are drinking age or older.
>>
On the side of FanExpo; seems Nigri is a guest this year??? I am shocked they are willing to bring her back after the fiasco she caused a few years ago? Thoughts? She must have really apologized if she is able to come back.
>>
File: rope.jpg (87 KB, 421x537)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
oh god, they made a bondage themed JAV spoof on "Your Name", titled "Your Rope".
>>
>>9529654
.....and this is in the Canada thread of /cgl/ why exactly?
>>
>>9529248
Will I feel out of place if I don't drink?
>>
>>9528750
Being in the maritimes, there's nothing to do here but get drunk and maybe go to the two conventions we have. A lot of these weebs who are surprised sound like they never leave their house to even view fireworks for Canada Day.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.