[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 39 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Join the Day of Action for Net Neutrality, or else we may all end up banned from 4chan.

becsuse no one cares about Larme in the summertime >>9490364

Petite Dollies intro to Larme and style guide: http://blog.petitedollies.com/2016/04/about-larme-magazine.html

Partial Scans List:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZEUnWxiyrRKdHwdrspj0a_lTAVRnablE8WobZGtZAlI/pub

Brands/Models List (WIP):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rG733dzImczHXH7jMJQ-FhkD2awZkYWtRfZUnDSFV70/edit#gid=0

Video about Larme Magazine (annoying narrator alert):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPx5HuTSiHQ

Facebook group: Don't Cry Baby
Amino: Larme Fashion
Discord: public link currently not available
>>
H&M is having a massive sale of you need to pad your wardrobes.
>>
File: hmprod.jpg (28 KB, 384x576)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>9544283
I did a big H&M shop over the weekend, and it's really good for some larme basics right now
Pic related, got this in pink and white and it goes with pretty much everything
>>
>>9544338
I love this top but it sold out in my size when it was still at full price so oh well.
>>
File: uofinds.png (601 KB, 800x900)
601 KB
601 KB PNG
some finds in the sales of Urban outfitters.
Looking at this stuff makes me feel a bit better at all the autumn collections jp brands are teasing + their summer sales.
>>
Review anon here. I apologize for my absence, I know I promised another review to be up ages ago but I got some pretty big news and was consumed by that for a while. I should have a review up in a few hours.

To the anon who asked me if I would mind moving to a more stable platform, I would certainly consider it! I don't know where would be the best place to do so though. I have a tumblr that is already focused partially on fashion and I could move my reviews there and tag them with "review" so people could find them easily. If you have any ideas on any other platform please let me know!
>>
File: Funny-bird.gif (1.94 MB, 400x259)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB GIF
>>9544989
I'm glad you're back! I'd recommend Blogspot, though Tumblr is more user-friendly.
>>
>>9545063
I'll look into blogspot, thanks! If anyone else has any more recommendations please let me know.
>>
File: IMG_1123.jpg (19 KB, 431x575)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Review anon here! I'll be going ahead with my second review of Swankiss, this review features their Polka Dot Tulle Rose dress. As far as I am aware this dress is still up in some colorways on TOM even though it's a bit older. I'll try and pick pieces for you all that are still available and let you know where to find them if they are.

First thing to note is, I am a sucker for this type of cut and I am very biased and while I will try and be objective it's going to be a bit more difficult here. You're going to see a lot of peter pan collars in my reviews.

Swankiss strikes again with their terrible stock photos. If you ever see an item listed as white and the stock photo shows it being offwhite/ivory don't be fooled, it is stark white in person. This dress is no exception to that despite what my bedrooms vintage lamp lighting is showing you.

Their severe issues with accurately portraying colors is frustrating so maybe I will work on a guide to figuring out their wacky stock photos that people can reference so they don't have to dig through all of my reviews in the future.
>>
File: IMG_1124.jpg (533 KB, 1536x1536)
533 KB
533 KB JPG
The downside to this particular piece for people who have a longer torso or that are taller is it is quite short. I have other dresses in similar cuts that don't have this much of a length issue. (for reference I am just about but not quiet 5'6" with a shorter torso and I feel like anyone taller than me would have issues with the length of this particular dress.)

The roses on the front are secured fairly well I noticed. I have a bag from SK with similar roses decorating it and they weren't as well secured and after time loosened but I haven't seemed to come across any issue with these lifting. The shirring on top is pretty stretchy which seems as if it would be useful for accommodating a larger chest. I feel like this would be a lot more forgiving width-wise than a lot of swankiss pieces.

The bottom has several layers of tulle which gives a nice amount of volume and gives me mild ballerina vibes with the way it sits on my hips, and I absolutely adore it! It's a very nice touch that I didn't notice before ordering and was pleased as punch when I discovered it. The rest of the fabric is a suede-like fabric and very comfortable to wear, as well as there is no noticeable fraying or odd construction.

Over all if you aren't too tall or don't mind short skirts, this is a super cute piece and I feel TOM has it for a reasonable price right now(white is around $90 and black is only $63!)
>>
File: NewLookSale.jpg (206 KB, 1079x905)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
New Look has a fantastic sale on at the moment full of larme appropriate stuff. Quality is on a par with cheap-middle range high street if not better at times. I find their value for money in terms of the quality you get to be generally excellent and often (but not always) better than places like H&M. They also deliver overseas.

The majority of the items in this collage are under 15 USD in the sale.

Apologies for horrible image quality, hopefully you can still get an idea for the styles they have on offer.
>>
File: larme_style_NewLook.jpg (234 KB, 749x850)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>>9546660
Here's a better pic of bottom left dress. It's super pretty.
>>
File: newlookset.jpg (350 KB, 705x800)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
>>9546672
I reckon quite a few items such as pic related would also look great (and give that 'not quite typical highstreet' detail) with added little black bow(s) on the top. Really easy to do, even if you can't really sew.
>>
Does anyone have recommendations for Western brands that make thigh high socks? The closest I've been able to find are over-the-knee socks. Even the high end brands I've looked at only seem to carry translucent pairs, which I assume are meant for lingerie.
>>
>>9547928
sock dreams
>>
While we're being cheap, Boohoo has a lot of cute shoes. Use "cleats" to find chunky sandals, and they have a lot of feather sliders.
>>
File: dzz46543_pink_xlgrey.jpg (117 KB, 1000x1500)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>9550298
Thanks for the heads up! Bought pic related, not super larme but now I can wear cute shoes all day without crippling my feet
>>
When RoseMarie Seoir was at Omnia Vanitas did they sell shoes? I really want some Larme shoes but they seem expensive to ship to Europe.
>>
>>9547997
Thank you!
>>
File: eatme.png (787 KB, 1147x518)
787 KB
787 KB PNG
is it just me or does the collar seem different? pictures are from runway and rakuten. It's cheaper on rakuten but I like the runway collar better. Is it just the quality of the pictures? I really feel like the lace is different
>>
>>9552888
Nope, I can definitely see different lace.
>>
Tip for UK anons regarding new look, H&M and other good high street stores: It's well worth looking in the kids/teens section.

H&Ms size 14yrs+ is cut to fit people 5'6 tall, bust goes up to 35", new look is slightly better as they go up to 16yrs. Kids clothes are tax free, so cheaper, and they also have some pretty cute stuff in a lot of the time

They also randomly put certain shoes in the kids section even though they're in adult sizes. I got my favourite pair of flatforms from one ages ago.
>>
File: media.newlookassets.com.jpg (127 KB, 1200x1361)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>9553262
Seconded. In New Look age 14 is about the same as size 10.
>>
File: 1498311215121.jpg (106 KB, 698x960)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
Does anyone know what brand the plushie shoes are from? Or where I can get something similar?
>>
>>9553262
I've gotten some skirts and sweaters from the kids section before that are really nice.
>>
>>9554330
what issue is this from? If you can either find the issue someone can have a look in their copy or find a higher res scan someone might be able to read it for you, I can't quit make it out as it is.
>>
>>9554330
It says they're from syrup/Rosemarie seoir.
>>
Next Larme cover
>>
>>9554330
ohh I want those lavender creepers.. where are they from?
>>
>>9553262

Yeah but not eveyone can fit into them anon - you have to be really petite and shorter otherwise
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVkSban7sew

According to this Larme is Japanese Nymphette
>>
>>9563372
>>
>>9551752
They had one pair of "your rabbit" shoes iirc. They don't usually bring shoes to events.
>>
>>9563372
She fully admits she doesn't read Larme and doesn't know anything about it so I would take anything she says with a grain of salt. She even gets annoyed at a list of brands because they're "not very nymphet" brands like no fucking shit, they're not trying to be.

>Don't hate me!!!!111

Honestly her translations just confirm for me that the editors are pretty tone deaf and don't understand Lolita or the connotations it really has, but that's pretty par for the course with Japanese media.
>>
>>9563372
Has anyone else translated articles from larme magazine? I would be really interested in that.
What volume is the 'what's lolita' page from?
>>
>>9563372
>Six Bland
>>
>>9563426
>She even gets annoyed at a list of brands because they're "not very nymphet" brands like no fucking shit, they're not trying to be.
The brands are not trying to be, but the magazine is obviously recommending brands for nymphet fashion/lolita the film
>>
>>9563432
The Lolita theme only shows up in a couple of spreads out of many.

Again, I'm going to say that the editors are extremely tone deaf and simply see the outfits in Lolita as cute, whereas this whole nymphet fashion shit was build around the Tumblr community of dumb girls who actually wanted to fuck older men. There's also some missing culture context here, since it's more socially acceptable for girls and young women in Japan to look cute and feminine rather than overtly sexy.

As for this nymphet crap, lot of the girls on Tumblr who I used to see have grown out of it by now, even though they might still wear similar clothes (see how the popular tumblr nymphetfashion changed to coquettishfashion to try and distance themselves from the grosser aspects), while the girls who didn't grow out of it just fell deeper into ddlg bullshit. So seeing some girl who's so into nymphet fashion even now just makes me think she's behind the times and doesn't know what she's talking about.
>>
>>9563448
This girl in particular just likes the fashion and is not interested in older men. She is talking about a page that specifically recommends brands for nymphet lolita fashion and she kind of disagrees with their choice of brands, that's all. So don't act like she's stupid for not understanding that those brands are not trying to cater to nymphet lolita fashion.
>>
>>9563459
I'm sorry but your "friend" is at the very least uninformed. She's cherry picked a few spreads that are using the aesthetic from the Lolita book/movies and trying to apply them as rules for nymphet fashion. That was not the intent of those spreads and is not the intent of Larme magazine as a whole. She's trying to mash a bunch of spreads from different issues into some coherent "lolita fashion" rule book and it's not working.

Of course she's going to disagree with their choice of brands because those pages are not actually "recommending brands for nymphet lolita fashion," they're just a bunch of cute brands that they decided to pair with that particular spread.

And lol if she didn't want to fuck older men then why hasn't she blocked that one dude commenting on all her videos asking her to put on "wet look thigh highs." Major kek.
>>
>>9563432
>The brands are not trying to be, but the magazine is obviously recommending brands for nymphet fashion/lolita the film

No it's not. It's recommending brands and clothes for mimicking that editorial specifically. The editorial has a theme and obvious source of inspiration but that doesn't mean it's an actual style or fashion itself. You may as well start making videos on how to be an "urban goth" because they had a couple of spreads titled with that.

I hate how much western J-fashion comms have to label everything into smaller and smaller substyles and categories. It's so autistic. Larme is already niche as hell, we don't need shit like people making up rules on how to be do larme lolita or pheromone fetish or whatever else was misinterpreted into a "substyle"
>>
>>9563529
You obviously have no idea what autistic means
>>
>>9563531
Autist is a pretty common insult on 4chan and Reddit and whatnot. Have you been living under a rock?

Not that anon btw and I personally don't use autistic that way but seriously, do you realize where you are?
>>
>>9545489
Not interested in larme but I need to point out the shirring on the shoulder yoke is completely decorative and not functional for extended bust sizing. Even on the short small dress form the shirring sits above the bust, not over it. It would probably look pretty awful if you're not a similar petite size.
>>
>>9563534
No I always tell them off because I feel bad for my dad who actually has autism
>>
>>9563431
Motion to switch burando to bland
>>
>>9563544
Maybe it's genetic.
>>
>>9563583
It is
>>
>>9563544
You should probably remove yourself from 4chan if you can't handle autistic as an insult you autistic fuck.
>>
>>9563531
>Needless and obsessive categorisation and organisation
>Not autistic

You are the one who does not know what autism is. You wanna know what's one of the most common signs in very young autistic kids? Grouping their toys into categories or by size order instead of actually playing with them.

Jfc.
>>
>>9563583
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFr74zI1LBM
>>
>>9563539
I own it and the way it sits on me it actually does help to accommodate ones bust some. Thanks for your opinion on it though.
>>
Would you consider Nana Kitade's newer looks to be larme?
It's very extra/more dramatic and less put together than the stuff I see in these threads, but I can't help but see a few similarities (plus, she's reportedly inspired by riot grrrl and Courtney Love, which larme sort of dipped its toe into in the early days).
>>
File: barrackroom.jpg (157 KB, 640x481)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>9564291
Not larme as such, but I'm glad you've shared it. It's gorgeous. It's not quite either, but feels a bit CPK as well as larme to me. Larme-influenced can look even better than/just as good as larme at times (pic related). Thanks for posting it.
>>
File: 1470273736086.jpg (287 KB, 2560x1440)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
>>9564291
What the fuck does 'extra' mean and why do I keep hearing it?

My assumption is that it means 'extra chromosomes' and is a way of calling something retarded.
>>
>>9564312
It pretty much just means excessive, in a sort of dramatic and humorous way. Normally about personality/actions.
>>
>>9564312
Means overboard, extra effort
>>
>>9563372
>gaijin misunderstanding things and spreading that misunderstanding, therefore creating misinformation
There's taking mild inspiration from the film, and then there's trying to draw parallels between the western Tumblr "nymphet" fashion. It's not the same. There are similarities, but it's not the same.
Larme also occasionally takes inspo from grunge/kinderwhore, but I never see these people talk about that.
>>
>>9562491
5'6" isn't really petite, it's actually above average height.
>>
>>9564342
>Larme also occasionally takes inspo from grunge/kinderwhore, but I never see these people talk about that.

Because it doesn't fit their narrative, that's why. Although this is probably the first time I've seen the "Larme is nymphet" idea presented as a positive. Usually the accusation is made by salty lolitas (the Japanese kind obviously).
>>
>>9563427
>>9563469
All the pages she translated were from that volume.
>>
>>9564414
Oh then that's even stupider. I was giving her the benefit of the doubt thinking she was taking scans from a few volumes to make her point, since there have been a couple of lolita editorials.
>>
>>9564444
It seems like that section of the volume was trying to introduce lolita so I can sort of understand.
>>
Many fashion designers, films, people etc are inspired by Lolita`s style featured in the film and imo often that is simply because they find the look cute and pretty. Not because there was some deeper meaning like being or pretending to be an underage girl who likes older men. Sometimes people overanalyse things related to Lolita theme and think it must has something sexual in. Often brands and magazines are simply inspired by the aesthetics of Lolita and ignore the problematic themes related to the book and the film.
>>
>>9564291
>>9564310
How do you know when something is larme influenced instead of amo kei influenced?
>>
>>9564632
Because amo kei is dead.
>>
>>9564312

Seems like the new word for OTT. I keep seeing it on leddit to describe OTT makeup looks (I stalk beauty threads on reddit) with highlighter strips, eyebrow scythes, knife like contours, etc. So I assume that's the new term.
>>
>>9564632
I guess you don't really without asking the person who put it together, but it could be influenced by both. We're in a larme thread, so I said larme-influenced, but it could be Amo-inspired too. The second one definitely felt larme to me because of the red and lacing details.
>>
File: larme 29.jpg (68 KB, 720x960)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
Anyone have 029? Looks like there are some gorgeous coords. Pic from fb group
>>
The new EHWGB collection looks nice for autumn! I love all the neutrals! It seems lace up front dresses will be in this autumn
>>
>>9570289
Pics?
>>
File: SCAN1794.jpg (541 KB, 1206x1600)
541 KB
541 KB JPG
>>9570722
Emiiichan posted scans on her blog.
Google: emiiichan blogspot larme 029 (4chan thinks the link is spam)

I like this issue better than the last one because the outfits are more unique and less mainstream looking. But I found like a third of the outfits ugly. Alot the coords don't feel like they're distinct enough from quirky Japanese street fashion compared to older issues
>>
File: SCAN1797.jpg (59 KB, 293x442)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>9570764
Thanks for the link!

...What am I looking at here?
>>
>>9564632
Amo kei isn't a thing. People had coords inspired by Amo (a person) but it isn't actually it's own fashion.
It's also worth noting that Amo was at her peak before Larme was a thing.
>>
>>9570812
Sounds more like you don't really understand what people mean by kei
>>
Are there any busty/hourglass shaped people in the community?

i love the style but some of the structured pieces just make me look like a stuffed sausage, and i'm not even overweight. i guess it all depends on dressing for your body type but it's super frustrating
>>
>>9570812
The entire original concept of Ehypen Bonbon was Amo-kei
>>
>>9570984
I am busty too and in some clothes I easily look chubby just because of that but showing some legs helps a little because they are more slender.

I am not sure what kind of pieces you mean but for me non-pencil skirts coordinated with cropped tops and cardigans work the best.
>>
>>9570791
The model doesn't deserve this denim monstrosity
>>
>>9570764
I remember when people were asking about coordinating t-shirts with larme. Honestly, I like what us anons did better than the coordinates in this issue.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.