[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: IMG_1634.jpg (67 KB, 636x636)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
Old thread:
>>9461903
Just ordered this today. I was using the Shiseido Urban SPF but it wasn't working very well. Any thoughts on Missha products in general?
>>
Currently mourning the discontinuation of the Enprani Moistfull Booskin. Rest In Peace, you magical, super-absorbant, HG toner.

On the bright side, I'm really looking forward to trying out the Kikumasamune High Moist Lotion. I've heard great things about it, and am most excited for the potential skin-brightening effect.
>>
Missha is ok but overall there's way better stuff out there for cheaper or the same price. Their sheet masks are largely shit. Their makeup is generally ok though. I had the soft matte sunscreen or whatever in the pink bottle and I would've liked it but it pilled on me like crazy, even when I just wore it and nothing else. I really want to pick up some of their Prism shadows though, those look nice.
>>
>>9565402
I've been using the Kiku and it's pretty nice! I don't notice huge brightening effects, however I was using ferments before. I switched from the Cosrx glactomyces esscence because the Kiku is so much cheaper.

Anyway if we're talking about sunscreen I'll throw a word in for the Anessa line of sunscreens, particularly their gold bottle variety and their sensitive skin variety. It's all my pasty self uses. Expensive, but it works really well.
>>
>>9548858
Is this your evening and/or morning routine?
>>
Is there any way to fade freckles or sunspots? I'm only 26 but I have been getting more recently despite my religious use of spf.
>>
>>9565918
Vitamin C serum
>>
My Mizon snail moisture cream was stolen from my mailbox..
>>
File: IMG_2670.jpg (177 KB, 1920x1080)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
Wtf are these and how do I get rid of them
>>
>>9566105
Those are sebaceous filaments, anon. Not blackheads. Everybody have them, but you can minimize their appearance with a proper routine (cleansing and moisturizing) combined with a BHA.
>>
>>9565364

Following, this, any suggestions for nice SPF without a whitecast and that doesn't break the bank? Currently using shiseido's luminizer sunscreen which gives a nice glow to my skin, but unfortunately has an SPF of 25, plus it's $60. I was going to go with Missha actually but I hear there's better stuff. But then again, unlike >>9565418 enjoyed my last bottle of missha sunscreen so I guess stick to that?
>>
>>9566129
I use Hera.
>>
>>9565402
I have the normal version but it broke me out...def patch test! I'm going to try to repurpose it for my hair/body
>>
does whitening soap actually work? And can you use it on your face? What is the best one?
>>
>>9566221
Kojic acid soap.

If you decide to use it, put on sunscreen even if you aren't going outside, reapply like crazy, and resign yourself to a slow process.

I'd stay away from anything that calls itself a bleaching cream or gel though because I've read some nasty stuff about hydroquinone toxicity.
>>
>>9566245
Hmm maybe I should do it in the winter then? I live in Orange County and it's hard to avoid the sun.
>>
>>9566267
As a fellow Orange county resident, you can stay pale all summer as long as you limit your time in the sun (less than 30 mins) and apply 55+ SPF in the morning and re-apply for every two hours of sun time. While I'm not dark skinned, I manage to avoid tanning year round that way.
>>
I'm trying to build up a skincare routine that'll help stop my breakouts, but I'm pretty new to korean skincare so I need some help. I was here a few threads ago asking about a good cleanser, and I was recommended Banila's Clean it Zero, and I'm definitely planning to try that, and possibly try Skinfoods tea tree bubble cleanser with it. Is there a specific type of toner I should look for, or a specific brand that would be best? I'm also lost in terms of what to look for in a moisturizer. Any help is appreciated!
>>
>>9566284
This depends on how sensitive your skin is to tanning. I apply sunscreen religiously, wear long sleeves and long pants even in 100 degree weather, and barely go into the sun (I literally count the minutes per week I have to go into the sun, and it's around 20 minutes total / week), and I've still gotten two shades darker since summer started.
>>
>>9566309
Are you Momo from Peach Girl
>>
>>9566129
I like etude house sunscreens. They have all kinds for different skin types, all which are around $10. I have dry skin and liked both sunprise must daily and sunprise mild airy. I didn't experience any whitecast or pilling with them.
>>
Male here getting the basics.
Is there anything else I need besides daily cleansing and moisturizing? I do have a few small scars here and there, and not sure what to do to protect against future wrinkles.
>>
>>9566304
What is your skin type like? That can make or break any advice you get

Also be careful with Korean skincare. I've been doing it for nearly a year, and I've seem to have traded some skin problems for different ones. Meaning some of the things I didn't like, such as redness, have been reduced, but I have tons of closed comedones and scars from bad reactions to products that I've never experienced pre-AB. Tread carefully if you have sensitive or clog-prone skin.
>>
>>9566206
Oh yeah, will definitely be patch testing. I have no clue if my face likes ferments or not. Fingers crossed, though!
>>
>>9566432
Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen!! That'll slow down the aging process a bit. (Sun is one of the top causes of aging.) For scarring, (and more anti-aging) maybe try a product with snail in it, like the Mizon Snail Gel or the CosRx Snail Mucin 96 Serum. Just make sure to patch test, because some people's skin reacts negatively to snail filtrate.
>>
>>9566109
Anyone have any recommendations for topical stuff that worked to reduce their filaments?
And I think I may have milia on my forehead, they are like small skin colored bumps that are not red. How to get rid of those?
>>
>>9566443
Combination, but on the oilier side. I've never really noticed being too sensitive to many products, so hopefully I'll be good in that realm
>>
What Vit C serums would you recommend other than the OST Pure serum (I was using it regularly but this new bottle seems to be irritating my skin). I've been eyeing the Timeless Vit C+E, It's Skin Power 10 Formula VC Effector, and maybe the Natural pacific fresh herb serum.
>>
Who keratosis pilaris here?

I've been having some luck with a scrub from Lush and reduced bathing frequency but it's not quite gone. What's ur 1 weird tip?

Also, I need to stop picking at the bumps, I look like a leper. Accepting 1 weird tip for that too
>>
>>9567119
Not a weird tip but rather than use scrubs, I've opted for AHA exfoliators. Amlactin (green bottle) in particular has worked well. It keeps the bumps down and moisturizes. It does smell weird, but the scent fades. Since it's an AHA, sun protection is a must. For me, the pros outweigh the cons.

As for skin picking, keeping your nails short might help.
>>
>>9566755
I like Timeless. It gets recommended a lot and so far it hasn't irritated my skin.
>>
>>9566105 here
Just ordered SKIN PERFECTING 2% BHA Liquid from Paula's choice. Wish me luck!
>>
>>9565402
Fuck Kiku, seriously. My skin never breaks out. My routine is set. I introduce it and get cystic acne from hell. The ferments in it can aggravate fungal acne or so I've read. I won't touch it ever again.
>>
>>9567119
Fellow leper here! I've noticed washing with a charcoal soap helps with me. I have the yesto tomato bar and it helps a lot.
>>
I'm looking for a very basic routine. Can you gulls recommend a 3 or 4 step routine? My mom didn't know how to take care of her skin either so I need help!
>>
I think this is the right place to post this. Looking for suggestions on improving dry, calloused feet. Any recommendations?
>>
>>9567572
Cleanser, toner, moisturizer is the most basic you can get.
>>
>>9567787
Not that anon but I'm also new to skincare and about what is meant by these common recommendations.
I don't have oily or dry or acne or whatever else skin, I'm fortunate that way, I'm only interested in protecting against the sun and anti-aging. So when I see "Cleanser" stated all the time, is it meant for my aims or is it specifically for problematic skin people? read: can I skip it
>>
>>9567794
Yes, it is because you should get the sunscreen off your skin and it also helps get rid of the crap your skin is exposed to on a daily basis. Some people skip it if they don't use that much else, i.e. just rinse their face with water but I would say if you are using sun protection and other anti aging products that it is better to remove any residue with a cleanser than potentially have layers of crap building up.

>>9567572
What are your skin problems? Dry, oily, unsure? A good basic routine: cetaphil cleanser (the one for sensitive skin, not oily skin), thayer's alcohol free witch hazel toner, pure aloe vera gel to moisturise, use sunscreen during the day. This will not specifically target acne or particular skin issues though, it's more introducing the basics of a cleaning-your-face routine.

>>9567683
Moisturise and buff the callouses off with a pumice. Gel socks with thick moisturiser at night if you must. The babyfoot AHA peeling thing is a bit gimmicky but good if you want to get started on new skin.

>>9566465
There's that guide that gets recommended all the time on fifty shades of snail. Are you sure you have milia and not closed comedones? If the latter, I have found glycolic acid creams and benzoyl peroxide very effective.
>>
>>9567947
Nayrt but is there a particular reason you advise against Cetaphil for oily skin? My skin's oily af so I'd prefer to give it a helping hand, but I didn't know if you were posting a more general 'babby's first skincare' routine or if it should be avoided all together
>>
>>9569085
Often people with oily skin need a gentle cleanser more than they need something to strip the oil off. Basically the idea is that skin works on a bit of a feedback mechanism, if you strip all the oils off oily skin, then your skin reacts as if it was dry i.e. produces MORE oil since its 'normal' is having a lot of oil there. A lot of people find the cetaphil cleanser strips the oil off too much and makes things worse, whereas moisturising makes things better.
>>
>>9569086
Ah I see, it's the same philosophy as with your hair, and it makes a lot of sense. Thank you anon, you've been super helpful.

Following on from this I've found a few skincare products that have great reviews but ordering from iHerb means I'll get hit with fat ole customs charges (as a UK anon) which I'd prefer to avoid if I can.
Where do you gulls get your skincare/what do you look out for? Not exclusively for UK gulls, as if I can't find an alternative I might give iHerb a go anyway
>>
>>9569131
I get my "actives" from Bravura London on sale (I use their glycolic acid 15% night cream, and also use their hyaluronic acid serum) and they're pretty comparable in price to drugstore products. Aloe gel, cetaphil just from Boots. I also get benzoyl peroxide and tretinoin cream on script from my GP.
>>
>ran out of lush's aquamarina that rescued my skin from shitty breakouts
>trying to save money but leftover face shop foam cleanser breaks me out really, really badly
>get dumb idea and combine it 50/50 in a jar with aztec clay
>works really well, no breakouts, reduced bad filaments on nose when combined with the oil cleanser I was using beforehand
Holy shit praying it doesn't backfire in a couple of weeks (I've been using it twice a day for two weeks now) because I don't want to throw away almost a whole bottle of it.

That being said, does anyone have any recommendations on snail essence? I'm using the mizon ampoule and its worked wonders on healing my scars, but I want to get to the point where they are so faint I can get away with wearing only skin tints, etc. again.
>>
>>9569433
Onion extracts are really good for scars, believe it or not. It got mine to disappear completely except for the slight texture of the scar tissue
>>
>>9569437
Ah thanks anon!! Never heard of that before, I'll try it out!
>>
>>9567947
I just looked at pictures of closed comodones on the forehead and that's exactly what I have, any recommendation for the glycolic creams?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (83 KB, 1680x1050)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
advice on how to fix super dark under eye bags? i've had them all my life and makeup won't even cover it. i try to drink tons of water / sleep enough but its just an unlucky thing with me. i don't know if i should get some super expensive eye cream or look into fillers?
>>
>>9566129
Have been using Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF50+/PA++++ for a week. It's about $10, watery consistency, no pilling or white cast and not overly fragrant (I wish the smell was fainter but it's nice and fades quickly).
>>
>>9569758
Alpha skin care has a number of different strengths. Some people find the more liquid peels/serums better so it's very much an experiment and see situation. Cosrx also does an AHA toner/serum as well which I think is mostly glycolic acid.

>>9569968
You've had iron/thyroid function etc. checked before right?
>>
>>9570042
i haven't...i didn't even know that was something that could affect the appearance of my eyes honestly. i'll look into it!
>>
>>9569968
eugh i'm in the same boat. also my eyes are super sunken in and it really messes with my self image. i think i'm going to look into getting fillers. i've been using whitening cream and nivea cream and it's helped a little bit.
>>
>>9570533
whats the brand of the whitening cream? i'd give it a shot!
>>
Hey guys, it's winter around here, so I'm in need of a moisturizing, preferably alcohol free, no white cast sunscreen. Any recs? I've been using biore aqua rich essence (yeah, I know it has tons of alcohol) but it's drying as fuck. I have combo skin, if that helps.
>>
What to put on face after shaving? (Male) also after shaving/nairing legs so they don't get red bumps?
>>
>>9569968
A good eye cream could definitely be beneficial to you if you are not using one now. Sometimes they are unfortunately hereditary and they can only be reduced so much (so long as you have no health problem that could possibly be causing them). If you wear makeup, a good orange/salmon color corrector depending on your skin-tone can be a life saver underneath of regular concealer.
>>
Has anyone advice on what it's best to get rid of ingrwon hair on the legs?
I know peeling is the only solution but what's is best to use? I only heard of loofah sponges so far.
>>
>>9569131
I've been interested in trying some stuff from facetheory as they're UK based. Has anyone given them a go?
>>
so I'm currently on accutane, derm wants to keep me on 40mg (I weigh 80kg) for the whole course and generally doesn't seem to knowledgeable about the drug
first bloodtest was completely fine so I don't see any reason not to raise my dosage, so I've been taking 60mg for the past two weeks and I'm planning on taking 80mg for the remaining 97 days
yay or nay?
>>
I've got ashy hands that crack whenever I wash the dishes, what's a reccomended hand cream?
Jergens body lotion is what I mostly use.
>>
>>9572501
You can try some of those hand salves meant for gardeners, and also invest in some rubber dish washing gloves. They help keep your hands from aging quickly, too.
>>
File: IMG_0982.jpg (66 KB, 1000x1000)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
Hey gulls, I just picked this up earlier today. Derma rollers have been mentioned quite a lot in skincare threads so I thought I'd give it a try.

I have eczema that has horribly aged my skin, so I'm hoping this will minimise some of the damage, along with an anti-age serum.

I'll drop back in a week or so and let y'all know how it goes.
>>
Has anyone tried the Innisfree Green Tea Balancing Lotion or any other lotion that comes in that plastic bottle + small hole on top? I want to get it, but I'm wondering how hard it would be to get product near the end of the bottle, since it looks like it'd be a tough bottle to cut.
>>
>>9572847
I have, when it's really near the end and there's only a little left, I tip it upside down and don't screw the top on fully. The rest drips into the lid overnight and I can get a couple of uses out of it. Let gravity do the work for you~
>>
>>9572868
That's a creative solution! Thanks!!
>>
>>9572884
No problem anon, a good shake before and during the drip is helpful as well. If you need your lotion brutally fast, what one of my friends does is she just cuts into the hole so it all comes out which I guess is also and option.
>>
>>9571265
You should exfoliate the areas you're going to shave/remove unwanted hair first, if you don't do that already. It'll help reduce red bumps and ingrown hairs. Afterwards, my product recommendation is Shave Works Cool Fix. It'll sting a bit, but it does the job very well. Let your skin relax a bit before applying sunscreen as skin gets more sensitive to UV rays gair removal.
>>
>>9572503
Seconding this. o'keeffe's hand salves, Neutrogena's Norwegian formula, and silicone based lotions made for hospitals are helpful, as well as having dish washing gloves
>>
>>9571209
I've been using Shisheido Senka something something spf50+ pa++++, can't remember the exact name, and it's working well for my dry skin. It's Japanese and in an orange tube. Combined with CosRX honey ceramide cream my skin feels just as moisturised at the end of the day as when I get up in the morning, which is honestly impressive because I get flakey and gross really easily.
>>
American shiseido is a joke especially the urban environment spf, got the worst sunburn ever wearing it. Applied the correct amount, patted it on, waited 15 minutes and. It even an hour later I was a lobster.
>>
>>9573131
Thanks!
>>
is there actually any evidence that nose strips make your pores bigger or is it all just purely anecdotal?
I hear it very often, but seeing those blackheads pulled out on the strips are part of the little joys in my life, besides the explanations don't make much sense, so I'd really like to know if it's actually true.
>>
>>9574496
they don't make your pores bigger, but they really aren't great for you skin. they're harsh and can cause burst capillaries. even though they DO clear out blackheads, it would be better to find a routine that prevents blackheads instead of just ripping them out all the time.

your pores don't actually change in size or open/close, so ignore anyone trying to tell you this stupid shit. the only way your pores are going to seem bigger is your skin losing elasticity, so don't smoke and do wear sunscreen and you should be fine.
>>
>>9571828

Dude that is something you should discuss with a doctor and not some anon on an Indonesian doodle site.

If you don't have confidence in your derm, get a second opinion. Don't get a second opinion from random anons wtf.
>>
File: IMG_1709.jpg (36 KB, 300x300)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
JUST ordered this finally after wanting it for months! Anyone have this? I'm hoping it really works since it will be handy for reapplying spf over my makeup.
>>
Hey all, kinda new to these threads but I've had my eyes on this Korean (exfoliating?) cream. You put it on like moisturizer but when you keep rubbing it, it gets like flake-y and removes dead skin.

Has anyone used it before? And do you know the name of it? I'm pretty interested
>>
>>9575347
A lot of those 'peeling' creams which create the flakes are not actually that effective, and the flakes are actually the residue of the cream pilling up. While some do leave your skin smooth, I'd look into a scrub style exfoliator like the skinfood black sugar or rice masks, or maybe look into chemical exfoliants. I like the neogen bio peel gauze.
>>
>>9575373
Damn, I knew it looked a bit too cool and good to be true. Thanks for the heads up, anon! I'll try your suggestion
>>
>>9575391
No problem. I was really disappointed when I found out by watching a video where someone kept using a peeling cream repeatedly and found no matter how many times they used it, the flakes appeared but their skin texture stayed the same, then I did some research and found out most of them are bogus. I had this peeling gel that was really satisfying to use but didn't seem to actually improve my skin. I think it's like pore strips >>9574496 where their main benefit is the satisfaction you get from using them rather than results.
>>
File: 1547057_1.jpg (97 KB, 700x700)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
Are eye creams really any good or just a hoax?
I've noticed the start of fine lines beneath my eyes, and was wondering if it can be helped with something like pic related or if I should just focus on better skincare more generally
>>
>>9575347
If you can find one by I am Ai Cosmetics (Korean), it actually works very well! It's expensive, but worth the money! The cream doesn't flake so much, but it has exfoliating ingredients that work like a treat.
>>
>>9575373
Is the Holika Holika egg peeling gel any good?
>>
I have stupidly dry lips and no idea what i should do about them. Even vaseline makes them worse. I've been using lanolin to heal the cracking but they refuse to go back to normal. Any suggestions?
>>
>>9575933
Aquareveal + Lucas PawPaw ointment is the best for this.
>>
>>9575933
Burt's Bees lip balm! I have the same problem and most lip balms make things worse because they contain stuff that can irritate sensitive skin. Burt's Bees is made of natural ingredients, no irritating stuff and beeswax is great for dry skin.
(This sounds like an ad, but it's not! Burt and his bees are my skin's saviors.)
>>
>>9575933
Aquaphor.
>>
>>9566027
Brand recommendation?
>>
Experiences with accutane? I've had acne ever since I hit puberty 15 years ago
>>
>>9567119
my 1 weird tip is a double whammy because it worked on both my scars from picking and the bumps themselves: Paula's choice resist weightless body treatment 2% bha lotion. it's been a fucking godsend, completely cleared up the kp on my legs and diminished the visibility of the scars I gave myself to boot, and now I'm working at clearing up my arms too. seriously recommend the hell out of that stuff.
>>
>>9576537

>natural ingredients
when will this meme stop. everything is chemical, and natural doesnt mean it doesnt irritate the skin...
>>
>>9577356

When people stop asking filipino cartoon boards to dose their accutane and think they're smarter than a dermatologist with likely 8-10 years of training + years of experience behind them.
>>
every month i get a pimple that doesn't come to a head on the line of where ventriloquist puppets open their mouth

why this

i wash and exfoliate and moisturize and protect from sun and never touch with hands

and yet my skin say fuck u

why this
>>
>>9577356
Natural stuff works for some people, for example myself. I can't use most of the expensive cosmetics from the pharmacy that are aimed for a sensitive skin (Vichy etc) and I haven't figured out what's the irritating agent (dimethicone or parabens maybe?). However I can use practically everything from Lush, Burt's Bees, Lavera, Hauschka...

Of course you can be allergic or sensitive to natural ingredients too. For example citrus or almond oil aren't a good fit for quite many people. However, if most of the stuff you buy from the drugstore worsens your skin, I think natural cosmetics are worth giving a try.
>>
>>9577443
>monthly, lower face
My guess is hormonal related, not much you can do about that with anything topical.
>>
>>9577710
Natural products dont exist, theyre all made in a lab with chemicals. Its mostly marketting. Burts bees has plant derived chemicals, still synthetized and produced in a lab.
Parabens are rarely even used in anything anymore ever since they started scaring people and calling it a carcinogen but its still inconclusive. Purely natural products will actually be less effective and harder to formulate than "evil synthetic cosmetics" because these evil synthetic components were designed for cosmetics that are widely available, used and that work for most people. The brands you cited, while still being non natural brands, might have formulas that are altogether less abrasive to your skin and thats good! But they arent natural.
>>
hope this question is okay here, thought this thread would be the most relevant!

My dark circles and undereye bags are literally insane. I could put layers of consealer on and in 15 minutes the dark circles shine through. I drink plenty of water and have tried massaging the puffiness out but i haven't seen any improvement...

Any supplements i could take or products i could apply that help? i am so tired of people asking if i got enough sleep last night.
>>
>>9578682
I have literally the exact same situation ,and I've tried the same things you have, but I've also been using Mizon's snail eye cream every night for six months now
It has not helped
sorry
>>
>>9578694
Not the other anon but also have dark circles. Thank god you said that about mizon's eye cream cause I was really tempted and was going to buy it. Did your fine eye lines improved tho?

I have tried literally everything and still couldn't get rid of my dark circles.
>>
>>9578324
Well yes, it's not like the ingredients came straight from Farmer Jack's field and were put in a jar, I know.

Then I guess I'll just say that "brands that call themselves natural" tend to be much better for my skin.
>>
>>9576557
I had it for 6 months around 5 years ago. Worked, no side effects apart from a slightly dry skin, acne hasn't came back.
>>
My googling skills are shit, because I can't remember the name of the chemical that works by dissolving the "glue" in skin structure to help improve skin texture.
Does anyone know what it's called?
>>
>>9579842
AHA
>>
tl;dr, guy trying to look more androgynous so he feels more comfortable wearing cute stuff instead of 'manly death III' shirts. Possibly a bit of cos/crossplay (seriously, Felix Argyle's outfit is -so cute-).
I've done a few dietary changes (soymilk, flaxseed, spearmint) but the effect is somewhat limited without a proper routine. Generally a bit lost, I've got problems with:

- Eyes have huge bags under them, generally look perma-tired
- Nose/cheekbones have pretty awful, persistent blackheads
- Skin in general is patchy and blotchy with red marks (especially under the nose)
- Facial hair grows stupid fast (despite my diet efforts) and shaving it causes more cuts and red marks. Using an expensive razor doesn't seem to help (the smoothness is so nice though...)
>>
>>9578136
weeps
so, birth control might be worth a try?
anyone else have success with clearing skin through BC?
>>
>>9582962
Estrogen diets arent really going to do much

What razor do you use?
>>
File: qQQ94Q6.jpg (42 KB, 492x500)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
Any Aussies have recommendations for shops with decent shipping to aus?
>>
>>9583603
>Estrogen diets arent really going to do much
Unfortunately. It feels like lack of differences are going to frustrate me into trying something I shouldn't be messing with, alas.

I use a Gillette Fusion Proshield, purely because it looked fancy and apparently wouldn't mess with my skin. Too bad I've got red marks making me look like Luigi badly waxed his moustache.
>>
>>9582962
Start with basics - cetaphil sensitive skin cleanser, and a moisturiser - if you get oily pure aloe is good, although I also like Mizon black snail cream. Maybe add in a toner or other liquid with salicylic acid - Paula's Choice is generally good although expensive, cosrx is pretty good as well.
>>
>>9583847
Just stop browsing lgbt if you havent yet. Bwfore doing any of this
>>
>>9584078
Thanks for the recommendations, specific brands are what I was looking for with what to do; went checking local shops and was surprised at how awful selection was.

>>9584107
I don't browse lgbt, I'm just a straight guy who likes cute things and wants to not look creepy wearing said cute things. Don't really want to end up on a future cringe thread, haha.
>>
Hey gulls, so I've been using baby oil as my makeup remover for some time. However, yesterday I was talking to my friend and she said that baby oil isn't a great option for face related skincare because it's made from (diluted from? idk) petroleum. She recommended other essential oils, like jojoba. I'm willing to switch, but I honestly don't know enough about oils bc I don't use them much. Thoughts?
>>
>>9584360
It works well enough for me. If I need to remove makeup quickly I use coconut oil. Be sure to wash your face very well afterwards, because coconut oil can be a bitch to some people and clog pores.
>>
>>9584360
It's mineral oil with light fragrance, which I don't think would be so widely used on babies if it contained petroleum, though I could be wrong.

You should research different facial oils/OCM. My favorite for oily skin is hempseed, though it smells strong. Some can potentially be more pore clogging then others while some need to be mixed with carrier oils. Coconut oil is not recommended to be used all over the face.
>>
>>9584360

"Petroleum products are bad for you" is the middle aged housewife-iest of middle aged housewife themes. If it works for you, it works for you. Personally, it broke me out badly when I used it, but that's peoples' sensitivities to things and that occurs with all skincare products. I don't see why you should change it if it doesn't cause you problems.
>>
>>9584360
The only bad thing about it is that it indirectly supports the oil industry and may potentially pollute the planet. Healthwise it's fine. As far as oils go, other oils may be more moisturising. Sweet almond, jojoba are frequently recommended. Coconut tends to break people out but your skin could be different. Grapeseed and safflower oils are some other favourites, as well as argan, but argan oil tends to be £££.
>>
>>9584360
Petroleum isnt bad for your skin
>>
File: sweetboy.png (39 KB, 160x160)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>9584444
OCM kinda scares me because I already have an oily face to begin with. But I keep hearing good things about it! Maybe I'll stop being a pussy and give it a shot.

>>9584424
>>9584455
>>9584480
>>9584958
Thanks for the info/opinions gulls! I'm not going to switch up my baby oil quite yet, but once it runs out in a few months I might look into other options. Will be doing so more research too, so if anyone has resources on different types of oils, they would be appreciated :)
>>
>>9565364

How do people deal when they need some kind of sunscreen when going outside over a previously applied bb cream? Like when you have put on your make up in the morning and you have to go outside again after 3-4 hours.
>>
>>9587286

Look up gothamista's how to put sun screen over makeup video. Really informative!

Personally I like using a high spf powder every few hours as it solves my oily issues too. Right now my go to is physicians formula's airbrushing pressed powder (its spf 30 and has both titanium oxide and zinc oxide, so I know I'm getting good physical coverage)
>>
I have a chronic eczema condition and because of it I can't really use any real cleansers or creams because of the chance they might cause a flare up but I really want to get rid of my acne. Any suggestions on what I should do?
>>
I'm only 23, but I feel like I have intense laugh lines making me look 30. What can I do gulls? I'm tired of people guessing my age at 31. Up for anything at this point.
>>
>>9587293
How sensitive is your skin? Do you react to something at the slightest bit of contact with most products? Ive had Dermalogica recommended to me by my GP, and as far as cleansers go, I fared better with it than others, i.e it took a few uses before I reacted (I react to everything so have to stick mainly to prescription things) If you have eczema as well, are you sure it's acne and not folliculitis, which can go together with eczema? Have you tried Dermol as an emollient? It's antimicrobial, so can help with spots, and acts as a moisturiser and soap substitute. I have to avoid things like makeup aside for a bit of eye liner and shadow. With bad eczema, try to avoid too many products and keep things non perfumed.
>>
>>9577320
thanks dude! Tbh the scars worry me, glad this helped
>>
Hello anons !

I have an Asian skin care routine since a couple of months already, and it's doing wonder for my skin! I've run out of water-based cleanser moisturizer, and I'm looking for some suggestions for a new one. I'm not sure I really liked it :/

I have big pores and some blackhead on my cheeks and nose, psoriasis on my forehead, and I tend to break out under my chin a lot. I have those small skin-colored bumps on my chin too. Right now my routine is as follow :

-DHC deep cleansing oil
-Rosette Cleaning Paste* (the green one (i had the korean enzyme powder wash right before))
- PH Balancing Toner
-Vitamin C serum
- AHA Power Essence by Cosrx
- BHA Power Essence by Cosrx
- Hadalabo Hydrating Toner ( i really love it ! )
- Snail Essence by Cosrx
- missing a moisturizer here ~
- Mizon snail eye Cream

And that's it. Any suggestions to make it better and for a good moisturizer for this routine? Thank you!
>>
Can anyone recommend a cheap cleansing oil (k-beauty preferred but not required) that doesn't contain mineral oil?
>>
>>9575565
eye creams are definitely important. The skin under your eyes is extremely sensitive and very prone to aging/other skin issues. You may want to look into getting a more expensive/better anti-aging one though. I don't think that one has too good of reviews.
>>
So I noticed there are several different snail eye creams. Which one is the best?
What eye creams do anons here use? I want to invest in a good one!
>>
>>9582962
A healthier diet can clear up your skin, but it sounds like you aren't meeting your nutrient requirements and just occasionally eating healthy stuff. Instead of an estrogen one look for a healthy vegan or little to no meat/absolutely no dairy one. A friend started doing the vegan thing with a lot of greens and said it helped him a lot with trapping better and having clearer skin/healthier slimmer shape.
>>
>>9592681
*oh and by snail eye creams I mean Mizon's stuff.
>>
>>9592747
I've been meaning to see what quorn tastes like...
I'll give that a go, honestly with how harshly I'm already dieting I doubt cutting out dairy/meat will be too much of a compromise. You're probably dead-on with your suggestion, I'll start working towards a veg-heavy diet, thanks.
>>
>tfw skin is clearer than ever after being lazy and using 3 products, effectively wasting all that money spent on a lavish skincare routine
>>
Sorry if this is a little spoon-feedy, but can any anons help me build a basic, cheap skincare routine to help fight acne?

I'm totally clueless about skincare (just washing my face with water and occasionally makeup wipes) and I have really bad genetic and cystic acne, plenty of scars, and fairly oily skin. I wanna learn to treat my skin right (and I'm in need of a self esteem boost).

I'd be really grateful for any product recommendations and tips on forming a good routine. Thank you!
>>
>>9576557
did it for 5 months my senior year in 2009 and it was back after a year. side effects were really bad for me too.
>>
>>9593132
there are a million blog posts about this but essentially you'd want to start with a 3 step system as the bare minimum.

>Cleanser
>toner
>moisturizer
>>
>>9565418
just bought one of their magic cushions and im hoping it turns out ok. really worried about the color match since i bought it online but from review vids it seems like it should be fine.
>>
>>9594222

I like their BB cushions but they're a bit thick for me? I want light coverage from a cushion, so I ended up switching to laneige which has a thinner consistency and matches my skin tone better (less grey). Hopefully the tone should be good for you though!

The one other thing I still use from Missha is their toner - bought a big bottle of it when I was first trying out korean skincare. I don't really believe in toners, but it doesn't break me out, and toner is a nice transition step while I'm applying my prescription stuff so my face doesn't get all flaky and dry.

Unfortunately their time revolution line broke me out. But I do use their sunblock religiously on my arms and legs.
>>
Does anyone have any vegan/cruelty free brands they'd recommend that aren't shit? Most of the Yes To stuff I've tried either broke me out or felt kind of gross to apply (tried their cucumber moisturizer, didn't spread easily and had a weird white cast to it)
>>
I'm upset. My skin continues to look worse and worse as I take better care of it. I've tried to do a water only/gentle cleanser routine. I can't afford to get into a ten step asian skincare routine. I wear a 55 SPF sunscreen every day and yet I look old and shitty even though I'm only 21 and yet I have awful acne, scarring, huge pores, etc. Neither of my parents aged poorly. I drink a shit load of water. Plenty of sleep. I just want to look my age, not a pimpled wrinkled mess.
>>
>>9594270
id say maybe go to a dermatologist and get them to recommend a skincare routine for you. its faster and better for your skin than just trial and error.
>>
>>9594270
So basically you got some mild form of atopical eczema. And your skin is sore because its not storing oil properly or something.
So basically you need to see a skin doctor, however that is done where you live. At the least see a doctor about it.

Or talk about how far into your
routine you are, it might be startup symptoms.
>>
>>9587067
Plenty of oils out there, Anon. An oil isn't just any oil.
>>
>try new skincare routine (again)
>works out for the first two weeks
>suddenly getting acne on my right cheek and chin
>fuck
>yesterday read randomly online about how someone ended up washing her sheets finally and bam no more acne
>hm maybe i should try that
> so I did
>no acne this morning

I feel super dumb now
>>
>>9596648
Welcome to a new life, as a mite sensitive person.
>>
>>9596648
What's your routine if I may ask?
>>
Anyone here use epiduo? Do you know if that makes your face more sensitive to anything? I want to start a good skincare routine to prevent aging as much as possible, but right now it's literally spf moisturizer in the morning and then light exfoliation with a face towel at night and then epiduo. I am a pretty poor college student so it would be preferable if the products are cheap. My skin atm is actually the best it's ever been and I am very happy with it, which is why I am so worried about possibly messing that up for myself by introducing new products. But I know that won't last forever so I want to prepare for the future as best I can.
>>
File: yotsuba_by_ruzzy2006.png (233 KB, 1600x1232)
233 KB
233 KB PNG
Gulls, I could use some help.

>be me
>don't have problem with acne, mostly just redness and oily
>watch my parents house for a week
>forget skincare, so I borrow my sisters
>tea tree line from Body Shop
>works good first days
>then shit hits the fan
>get 4-5 HUGE deep pimples over the course of 1 1/2 weeks
>cystic?
>2 weeks later I can still see the remnants of them
>dry and scaley red spots

So gulls, will it scar? I didn't try to pop them. Was it a reaction of the new skin routine? Did my skin just freak out? Never had these before.
>>
>>9596763
It makes your skin more dry and more sensitive to sun. The adapalene in it can actually help with anti aging since it's a retinoid iirc.
>>
>>9596704

My world has completely changed anon.

>>9596758

Keep in mind that I have been introducing things maybe 1-2 weeks at a time but:

>initial makeup removal with generic eye makeup remover from target and simple wipes. Wash off with water
>Tatcha camellia cleansing oil
>laneige multicleanser
>missha time revolution toner
>topical prescription meds including metronidazole gel for rosacea, azaleic acid for acne
>laneige eye cream
>shiseido kabuki emulsion
>Bryce jasmine waterful sleeping mask only on nasolabial folds

Overall it's been pretty good but I still get small outbreaks from time to time. I've been really careful about cleaning my makeup brushes/sponges too and that's seemed to help a lot. I've definitely been improving -there was some tenacious acne next to my nose that's disappeared now, and my face generally doesn't look like a pizza anymore. If you have suggestions I wouldn't mind it though! Especially re: the tatcha oil since i bought it at Costco for half price but now it looks like Costco is out of it, and it's expensive af. I was thinking of blossom jeju next as a good choice when I run out.
>>
>>9597637

>brtc jasmine waterful sleeping mask

Goddamnit autocorrect.
>>
File: 51VbELqpwuL._SL1000_.jpg (41 KB, 1000x1000)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
Any recommendations for suncare that works with oily skin? The one I'm using now is high SPF but leaves my face really shiny and I'm working towards a matte finish
Considering pic related
>>
>>9597647
Sunkiller Perfect Strong Plus SPF 50+ PA++++
>>
What are some of the quickest ways to reduce PIH? Can a diet play any part in that?
>>
>>9597509
I recently bought the tea tree lotion and it irritated my skin too. After using it for a few days my skin got red, dry and I got small pimples. My skin recovered when I started using my old, more gentle moisturizer.
>>
>>9598987
Idk about diet besides staying well hydrated but vitamin C serum has worked wonders for my PIH. I used to use the C20 one but none of the places I used to buy it from sell it anymore so I'm not sure what's up with that. The thing with vitamin C is that it oxidises and becomes less potent over time, changing colour from clear to orange. Most vitamin C products contain some kind of yellow/orange colouring to disguise this and I don't like that, I want to be able to see when I need a new bottle. Has anyone here tried DIYing vitamin C serums?

>>9569433
Cosrx is my shit when it comes to snail anything. I'm currently using their 96 mucin power essence.

>>9577710
>However I can use practically everything from Lush
My skin isn't sensitive at all but Lush fucks me up more than anything I've ever tried. Weird how much difference there is between skin types.
>>
>>9599015
Did the c20 have that kind of colouring? How long did it take to see a difference and how often did you use it? Oh, and where did you store it?

I wonder if the pih will take more time go away if I don't treat them with vitamin c or anything like that right after they appear but later...
>>
I've had acne all my life, mostly because I never took care of my skin, never drank enough water, and had a shitty diet when I was a teenager.

I got serious about my skincare routine and diet about a year ago and my skin has gotten a lot better but I still get cystic acne on my chin around "that time of the month." Any gulls have any suggestions on how to deal with cystic acne? I've put ice cubes on it when I start to feel it and the acne goes down a little but it still hurts and itches.

I have combination skin (oily t-zone, dry cheeks, but normal on the chin). I will probably see a doctor about it but I wanted to get some suggestions as well.
>>
My sunscreen makes my bangs greasy within a few hours. What do you all do to prevent that? Powder of some sort?
>>
>>9599015
I think OST was renamed to TIA'M now for some reason, so the serum isn't called C20 anymore either.
>>
Should I avoid foaming cleansers? The two I've tried leave my skin feeling rubbery against my fingers after rinsing. I have combination skin (oily nose and forehead), closed comedones and acne. What about products that have plain "alcohol" pretty high up in the inci?
>>
>>9589728
Stop laughing
>>
>>9600140
(laughs out loud)
>>
>>9589728
botox.
>>
>>9599390
Thank you anon! Turns out it wasn't taken off the market after all.

>>9599064
The c20 is colourless so it is easy to see how much it is oxidising. I kept it in the fridge, which supposedly slows this process. When the bottle is fresh and at its most potent I use it every two days in the evening, right after cleansing and toning, and let it sit for 20 minutes before putting on anything else because it needs a low pH to work, and products that come after will neutralise the pH. Once it starts to oxidise and becomes less potent I use it every evening.
On fresh PIH it would only take a few days to a week to noticeably fade the pigmentation, and a few weeks until it's practically gone. On older scars it takes longer and I haven't been able to completely fade those, unfortunately. They're much lighter than before, though!
Note that if you use it the first time and your skin is sensitive it might itch or even sting a bit, and at that point I recommend not using it all over your face if you're also using an exfoliant. When it's fresh it's quite exfoliating by itself.
>>
>>9600256
Thank you! What do you use for cleansing and toning to keep the pH low?
>>
Just a quick question - does anyone have a serum they recommend for skin prone to redness on shaving and visible pores (face-wise)?
Fair few to pick from, just wondering if anyone's got something specific they'd recommend. Combination skin.
>>
>>9599144
I haven't tried it myself yet, but
Prid’s Drawing Salve seems to work well for other people with cystic acne. I think I saw it recommended here before.
>>
any body sunscreens with lighter/no smell that wont make you smell intensely of it? i wanna protect my skin but not smell heavily of zinc
>>
>>9589914
If you like the snail eye cream why not try the snail moisturiser?

>>9600128
Generally foaming cleansers are really high pH which you should avoid as it strips the skin. Alcohol isn't necessarily bad if your skin doesn't mind it, but I'd sort out the pH of your cleanser first.

>>9597647
I still swear by Biore Aqua Watery Gel
>>
Just discovered that those weird little hard bumps on my skin are closed comedones. How the hell do I treat them so they will stop popping up all the time?
They usually only appear on my forehead and my chin/jaw area. I can guess that it may be because of extra oil/touching. I have a really, really bad habit of touching my jaw and chin out of anxiety and I have bangs. I'm going to try change that but I also wonder if my skincare routine can be improved.

AM:
Cetaphil Cleanser
Thayer's Rosewater Toner
Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Day Cream or Pure Aloe Vera gel
Etude House Sunscreen

PM:
Cetaphil
Rosewater Toner
Cosrx BHA
1000 Roses Night Cream

Masks/ect:
Laneige Water Sleeping Mask
Shea Moisture Clarifying Clay Mask
My Beauty Diary Sheet Masks

I'm thinking of introducing a physical exfoliant into my routine. Any recommendations?

Also, I know I should drink more water and exercise more, I'm sure that would help me.
>>
>>9601018
Glycolic acid. I wouldn't introduce a physical exfoliant as well though.
>>
>>9599379
Dry shampoo is the best, and you can get travel sized versions for your handbag, but maybe you should look into an alternate sunscreen too? Maybe a thinner formula might help, and blotting throughout the day.
>>
>>9594259
Klairs is one of the only cruelty free Asian brands I know of. Their Mochi bb cushion is fantastic, and I've heard good things about their supple toner. For vegan, I'm loving the Pacifica Sea Foam and Quinoa Sensitive cleaners right now - pH balanced and very nice on my skin (a lot of their other skincare seems pretty heavy in fragrance though, id pass). Not sure how you define cruelty free but CeraVe doesn't test on animals, although they've been bought out by L'Oréal. SkinFix has some nice stuff too.
>>
>>9602550
Forgot to add Pixi is overall fanatic too. Highly recommend their Glycolic Acid toner for anyone new to AHAs
>>
What is good for wrinkles? My grandma has been asking, but I'm no expert.
>>
>>9602581
Super deep wrinkles - only fillers will fix that
Fine wrinkles - retinoids/retinol, combined with a good intensive moisturiser.
>>
I got lazy and stopped replacing my products as I ran out and my skin has gone to shit. I can't even remember what my exact routine was - Although I still have about 20 half-full bottles and tubs of various Korean skincare products.
At the moment I'm just using:
>Dove moisturizing bar soap.
>Bit of Almond/Argan/Olive/Hemp/Peppermint oil combo.
>Secret Key Snail Sunscreen.
>Tonymoly Panda whitening sleeping pack.

I also started using Etude House Big Cover Concealer BB every day instead of a daily, thin BB, which I think has contributed to pore blockage.

Guess my only real question here is: Can anybody recommend a light BB cream that has neutral or warm tones similar to the Skinfood Peach Sake one? They don't seem to make it any more.
>>
File: 1501996810388.webm (392 KB, 220x390)
392 KB
392 KB WEBM
I don't really care about oil control, acne, or discoloration issues.
I just want to keep my skin looking as youthful as possible for as long as possible. What should I do?
>>
>>9602729
>good intensive moisturiser.
Recommendations?
>>
>>9603789
Stay out of the sun (or use sunscreen) and be hydrated.
>>
>>9603789
Retinol maybe?
>>
>>9571828
Nay. Not ok. Be patient and follow the correct dosage.
>>
>>9603789
Acne leads to discolouration and discolouration makes you look less youthful so maybe you should care a little?
Sunscreen and retinoids both keep you looking more youthful. If you start any kind of retinoid you absolutely have to use sunscreen anyway so that's a good place to start.
>>
>>9576554
Seconding brand recommendations for vitamin C serums, I have dark spots from acne- they usually go away after a while but I want them gone faster
>>
Does anyone here patch test for breakouts? If so, how exactly do you do it?
>>
>>9602729
Thanks for the help. I wasn't really sure how to answer her before, but this is a good base to start on.
>>
Where can I find aloe vera gel? Are there certain kinds of brands I could buy from in Europe? Or is there some kind of moisturizing cream which contains aloe vera that you would recommend? I am kinda clueless, sorry, but I remember trying some aloe vera moisturizing cream and it worked wonders for some pimples I had around my chin so I wanna try out something similar again.
>>
>>9604721
but was it aloe vera or other parts of the cream? I only ask cuz I work in aesthetic chemical products and we've yet to find any evidence of aloe vera helping anything.

When in doubt, try it by itself!
>>
sort of skincare related:
any recommendations for deodorant that doesnt have aluminum in it and smells neutral?
>>
I went to Lush (USA) today and one of the employees said that they'll be discontinuing some items within the next couple weeks, but they weren't allowed to say which. Does anyone here have any extra info before the official announcement?
>>
>>9602756

Dunno if this is going to help you in the long run, I found this while browsing ebay (from a legitimate seller)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320568714839

Is this what you're looking for?
>>
Gulls I have a bit of a problem!

We're coming out the tail-end of winter where I am, which means people are still putting their heating on full blast. Unfortunately the heating is drying out my skin.

I figure at home I could look into getting a humidifier to make sure the air isn't too dry, but what can I do when I'm in class? Everyone has the heater on, and it's making my skin unbearable. No amount of moisturiser seems to make a difference.
>>
>>9604410
Used to, but I find that it doesn't actually help me find products I don't tolerate. My skin is more of a sneaky-sensitive kind I guess, takes it a while to get pissed off at a product
>>
>>9608859
I sometimes wonder if reacting slowly to products correlates with slow metabolism
>>
>summer comes and skin goes from dry to oily af
>ok
>subtly change my skincare routine but still have oily af skin with some small outbreaks of acne nearly every week
>one week it gets fuckin terrible. Still unsure what caused it, but I break out on my entire right cheek
>shit
>apply bp 10% to skin
>in 48 hours suddenly my skin turns from and oil field into a desert
>I am ok with this

Dry skin is so much easier to deal with. I'm ok with somewhat flaky skin, I can pile on the hydrating masks at night to tighten wrinkles and leave my skin feeling better without fear of acne popping up the next day, and I can use my hydrating bb creams again. Oh, and my acne is nearly all gone. I feel so much better now. Which is weird because I hated dry skin.
>>
Any brown/darker girls here that tried skin lightening products that actually did work for them?
>>
>>9609682
BP 10%?
>>
>>9609682
Why not step it down to 5% or 2.5%? Dry skin is skin that will age way worse....
>>
What are some skincare/general grooming things that should be done less than once a day? For example, I know facial exfoliation is supposed to be done twice a week, and eyebrow shaping once a month. What else is there? I am trying to make a beauty schedule so I don't forget things, it's hard for me to keep track of things that I am supposed to do say, once a week.
>>
>>9609741
nayrt but bp stands for benzoyl peroxide
>>
>>9608844
You could look into a mist! Spritz it on to give your skin a moisturizing boost throughout the day.
>>
Does anyone have a favorite anti-aging cream and eye cream? Korean or Western brands are fine. I'm 24 and have so far only been using a cleanser (Fresh Soy), moisturizer (Belif aqua bomb), and Alpha Beta Peel (Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle), but I am wondering what I can add to start an anti aging routine. I'm starting to notice fine lines around my eyes and on my forehead. I'm trying to do a better job of staying hydrated too as I know I have an issue with that.
>>
>>9576554
Melano CC!
>>
>>9578682
>>9578694
sometimes icing your eyes can help reduce the intensity dramatically. The blood vessels under you skin are tearing, causing the bruising. Sometimes, however, no matter what you do they aren't going to go away because they're simply genetic.

First put your normal foundation on. Then using a good color corrector can help you tremendously, preferably orange as it will go against the purple/blue.

If you have bad lines/creases from your dark spots, you can go over them with a very light shade, a few shades lighter than your natural skin tone. You don't need to blend it out and would instead just cover it with the concealer you use to help finish covering the dark bags. It helps stop the shadow from showing; you then apply concealer underneath your eye and a bit down below and try not to blend it out but instead dab it into place with a beauty blender.

I started doing this as a last attempt since I've never found a product that actually helps me.

I'm sure this is probably common knowledge but maybe it'll help some people.
>>
>>9610158

I don't usually use BP as even the 2.5% formulation is too irritating for me. I stick to azaleic acid and metro gel as that seems gentler on my skin.

I spot treat with BP only if it looks like my acne is getting pustular and then it wipes it all out.
>>
>>9610891
Seconding the Melano CC essence. It has been working really well on my PIH/PIE
>>
If I already regularly use AHA/BHA, will azelaic acid be helpful at all? Also, I read that it's derived from ferments like galactomyces, but I got fungal acne from the galactomyces. I'm guessing azelaic acid will probably elicit a reaction too?
>>
>>9582964
bc helped me completely get rid of hormonal acne and i barely have periods anymore. 10/10 i recommend
>>
A question for all anons: best sheet masks you have used? Please include your skin type and skin concerns in your answer!
>>
File: IMG_4825.jpg (415 KB, 1750x1750)
415 KB
415 KB JPG
Any suggestions on where to purchase replacement heads for the Clarisonic Mia 2? I don't want to spend $27 on something as simple as a brush head but I will if I have no other choice.
>>
>>9610368
A cream with Retinol will help reduce wrinkling. But it takes time. (6-12 weeks) You can get a retin-A cream from your doctor for faster more dramatic results.
>>
what does /cgl/ think of The Body Shop? I'm close to one and I've been thinking of picking up some things to try out.
>>
>>9615131
they're owned by l'oreal so they're pretty much a meme brand. the quality of their stuff is drugstore tier with nicer packaging and nicer smells.
>>
>>9615137
sounds like I'd better save my money for something else, then. thanks anyway!
>>
>>9614565
I bought my replacement heads from eBay! I bought 2 deep pore brushes and am on the second one right now and haven't had any issues.

I can't find the seller I bought from, but I think this listing is basically the same kind. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-Brush-Heads-for-Clarisonic-MIA-MIA-2-PRO-PLUS-Facial-Cleansers-/371320968924?var=&hash=item56747456dc:m:mEpupIUCx6UiSnmfQVdhS7A
>>
>>9615210
Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
>>
The skin on my nose gets dry very easily and peels, I use moisturizers and it helps most of the time but is there anything else that I can use?

Otherwise my face is very clean but sometimes I'll get a red mark or two, how can I get rid of these? My skin is very sensitive incase that matters.
>>
Can anyone recommend mosturizer that doesn't fucking pill (roll up into little "eraser" pellets) when you put primer/make up over it? I'm not sure what I'm doing to cause that. Using too much, too little, rubbing it in too much, what?! I cleanse, scrub, and mask my face regularly. My skin is not dry. Many thanks. I prefer to use drug store brands like Neutrogena and Olay.
>>
So i have dry skin that gets crusty if i don't scrub every night. I'm also starting to get acne on my neck. Anything good for that? I've been using benzyl peroxide 2.5% to get rid of pimples. Then i use a random moisturizer.
>>
Could anyone recommend a face wash? My skin is combo-oily but right now it's going through a horrible dry phase
>>
>>9617474
So is the problem that skin is so dry, that flakes of skin peel off instead of slowly falling off in a invisible way?
>>
Do you gulls have any opinions on Mary Kay skincare? Is it any good for the price? Good stories? Bad stories?
>>
>>9618358
I have to scratch it off with my nails or tweezers.
>>
>>9618609
Couldn't you just apply moisture, and then scrub of what is truly dead?
>>
>>9606658
seconding
>>
>>9618454
Not sure if it still exists or is available in all countries, but I used their acne line about 5 years ago. It was not particularly good, but it had one of the best moisturizers for oily skin that I ever used. Light-weight, easy absorption. It was godsent when I didn't have a credit card and had to rely on my mother's money.
>>
What things can help with getting more even skin texture?
>>
>>9616460
>I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong
>I prefer to use drug store brands
There you go. You get what you pay for.
>>
File: knock3a.jpg (1.61 MB, 2148x1388)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
Mother Mary told me to read about electromagnetics:

http://www.marieclaire.com/beauty/news/a12937/computer-screen-skin-problems/
>>
>>9623624
normally I would agree, but I've heard that it GENERALLY doesn't really matter whether it's $10 or $100 moisturizer, unless it has a bad rep or shitty ingredients. Obviously you're going to want to cater to your skin type, but I've heard that supposedly a lot of people overpay for moisturizer. ymmv. I don't use Neutrogena or the Clean and Clear that everyone raves on about, right now I'm using the Dramatically moisturizing yellow Clinique shit (also overhyped, it was a gift) and marula oil at night.

>>9618454
I like the pink make up remover

>>9611707
It didn't do shit for mine, but neither did accutane. Everyone is different.
>>
>>9623624
lmao congrats on falling for marketing schemes. I've tried the gamut of skincae products from drugstore to luxury and I keep going back to CeraVe because the ingredients actually work. I bet you think you need a separate eye cream too.
>>
>>9623565
chemical exfoliants (look for acids in the ingredient list)
>>
>>9616460
I use eucerin spf 30 because it's the only sunscreen I've found locally that doesn't pill up. you really shouldn't be "rubbing" anything into your skin. use gentle strokes outwards when applying moisturizer, let it soak in for 5 minutes or so, and gently dab away excess before applying anything on top of it.
>>
Hello! New to the thread. Any recommendations for cruelty free sunscreen? My skin is oily but it's controlled by doing the most basic stuff
>>
>>9627031
I actually came in here to ask if there's anything in particular I should be looking for in a moisturizer? I just bought cheap store-brand recently because I figured it was better than nothing because I have really dry skin. It certainly makes my skin feel nice and soft, but other than that I haven't really noticed a difference in skin quality.

I just turned 29, and haven't had any sort of skin care routine at all, so I feel like I'm going to start aging pretty quick with my dry-ass skin.
>>
I ran out of facial moisturizer and started using the body lotion my boyfriend gave me - his friends' mother makes it for her store.

It's basically just vegetable wax and oils (almond, hemp, apricot kernal and some other whatever.) and ngl, my skin has never been so baby soft.
I thought it'd clog my pores because it's so thick, but it's been pretty great.

>ty husbando.
>>
>>9627110
something is better than nothing imho, unless of course your skin is having an adverse reaction. I have dry skin too, this helped me:

http://www.beautifulwithbrains.com/dry-skin-moisturizer-contain/

Seeing results can take 3-4 weeks, wish I had known that as a teenager.

>>9627122
Are you acne prone by chance? Interested
>>
>>9627130
Yeah, I have pretty sensitive skin. I tried using my sleeping pack (Pandas dream white) as a daily moisturizer at first and that broke me out terribly.
>>
>>9627130
Looks good, but I'm worried about humectants since I live in a desert climate...
>>
>>9627110
Maybe look for something that contains ingredients that help with skin ageing. Without knowing what your skin is like it can be hard to recommend anything, but things like niacinamide help with pigmentation, retinol helps with fine lines etc
>>
Should I space out the use of BHA if my skin gets flaky because of using if?
>>
File: baboon's ass.jpg (26 KB, 316x421)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
Is there a product that will actually give me lips?
I have sad, thin lips
Is there a balm or ointment or fucking anything that will actually puff them up?
A few years ago when those kylie jenner lip glosses and shit got popular, I tried every god damn one of them, and none of them did anything but make me feel liek a sprayed bengay in my mouth
>>
>>9628502
Yes

>>9630162
No, you have to get fillers if you actually want them to get bigger.
>>
>>9627168
I live in a desert climate too and I just use my moisturizer right after I shower and there's still a lot of steam hanging around.
>>
>>9566304
I have breakout prone skin myself, and I use skinfood egg pore foaming cleanser. Keep in mind that breakouts are usually 70% food though. Try to keep away from greasy stuff, sugar and milk for a week or so and see if that helps.
>>
>stop taking supplement
>get weird scaly rash on my jaw and start breaking out again
Hmmm
>>
>>9630919
What supplement?
>>
I'm currently using a (day) and (night) anti-aging cream by Yves Rocher, (also a toner and cleanser by them). Anybody got any experience with their products?

What I wanna do is find a better cream, that preferably has the highest available SPF and maybe some skin glowing properties. Is there any such thing? Is there a general selection of products that /cgl/ usually recommends in terms of anti-aging? I live in Sweden, if that matters.

I already anti-age my body with consumables and my skin is pretty good and glows but I think I definitely could find a better cream.
>>
>>9630493
>shitskins

go away /pol/
>>
>>9631251
DIM. I ran out, I have more coming tomorrow.
>>
>>9631394
Why do you want an all in one cream? Surely it's better to have a separate sunscreen so you can reapply it later in the day.

Evidence based products - retinol/retinoids for wrinkles, niacinamide and vitamin C for pigmentation, glycolic acid to help generally with exfoliation, some evidence for humectants if you get dry skin.
>>
>>9630162
Maybe try an actual lip injection
>>
File: panda mask.jpg (139 KB, 478x478)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
Has anyone else tried this little face mask?
I picked it up last weekend since I was curious and it didn't seem to be any harm--I'm not allergic to anything that I know of so far.
While I was wearing it, my skin was tingling and slightly burning. After I took it off the sensation went away after the skin dried and it didn't leave any redness or anything. My skin looked really nice.
So, my question is: was that burning feeling okay/normal? Or should I stay away form this mask.
>>
File: Misuzu mad.png (70 KB, 503x676)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
Here's a weird question

What's the best cheap and lazy skincare for someone who wants better skin, but not so much that they're willing to go to the impressive lengths you all do?

It's very technical and I don't think I have the enthusiasm to learn all this, but at the same time, I'm like 26 and somehow blackheads are still a problem... and the wrinkles are beginning.

Is there a beginner's guide somewhere that I'm missing? I'm not from around here.
>>
>>9634960
I guess its something like
1. Wash/rub face with wet cloth every morning/evening
2. Occasionally use some facial wipes, to very slowly get rid of blackheads
3. Use a moisturizer/body lotion that is not too oily morning/evening
4. Everything else is basically a scaled up version of this, with a lot more shit to help the skin more. Including sunblock on neck, to slow aging
>>
>>9634974
I tried looking this stuff up earlier today, because it's been getting to me recently. I see a lot of stuff about clay/moisturizing masks but everywhere online seems to assume you already know what those are and, for that matter, where you find them.

What's the deal with that kind of thing?
Also, why the hell do people not teach guys this kind of skincare when they're younger? This seems like a terrible oversight.
>>
>>9634924
some masks will even boast a tingling sensation. it's understandable to be worried, but if your skin has had no adverse reaction then it was probably doing what it was supposed to. could be enzymes or acids or possibly alcohol depending on what's in the mask.
>>
>>9634982
>why the hell do people not teach guys this kind of skincare when they're younger?
Probably because skincare is considered feminine and therefore wrong for men to do. Which is bullshit.
Anyway, I don't know what your budget is and what is readily available to you so I can't recommend specific products but most "bath and body" type of stores sell everything you need for skincare, I suggest you just waltz in there and ask for assistance. The Body Shop is alright, for example, I've heard good things about Lush too, and personally I swear by L'Occitane.
>>
>>9634998
I have never heard of any of those places.
The only place I've ever seen is Bath&Body Works, but I've never been in one because they reek and I've got a bit of a sensitive nose. I've always gone out of my way to stay far away from them.

As for budget, it's... well, not a lot. It's pretty bad. I'm just tired of looking like an abused shoe.
>>
>>9635001
Some anons might jump down my throat for this (idk what opinions are round these parts), but anti-blackheads 101 is cleanse + exfoliate + moisturize, to get rid of the gunk in your pores. If you just wanna start that on the cheap, got to walmart/walgreens/cvs/whatever and pick up cetaphil and a biore charcoal bar. It's a harsh combo, but it's relatively cheap and it won't break you out. Thing is, since it's a little harsh you NEED NEED NEED to have a decent moisturizer to balance it out, especially if you're worried about aging. Ideally you'll have a moisturizer + spf for the day and a heavier moisture at night-- I can't say much for drugstore ones, since before I switched over to korean skincare I just used the cetaphil day moisture for everything.

So in the morning:
Cetaphil
Moisturizer + spf

and at night:
Cetaphil
Biore Bar
heavier, non-spf moisture

Also if you smoke or consume a lot of sugar cut that out, they both age you.
>>
>>9635035
I do not smoke, but sugar is non-optional. Sweets are genuinely all that keeps me from ending my fellow man on the regular.
I'll give that stuff a go, though, and see if it helps. Thanks.
>>
>>9635043
Try switching the kind of sugar you consume from sweets to fruit, it'll be jarring at first if you don't eat fruit regularly but it's a lot more healthy for you. Also, probably annoying at this point, but if you don't drink enough water then you should definitely pick up that habit. Eating well and staying hydrated can help your skin look much better in addition to skincare routines.
>>
>>9635049
I actually drink tons of water--mostly high quality mineral water--and the sweets I have tend to be fairly mild, so it's probably fine.
My real problem is just keeping my pores clear. Everything else is no big deal.
>>
File: IMG_2104.jpg (63 KB, 584x583)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
I know it's cult-y but I seriously swear by Glossier's shit! I have a discount code if y'all want to try it out (http://bff.glossier.com/fFRbz)! At this point I refuse to wash my face with anything but their Milky Cleanser.
Also I totally recommend Belif's "The True Cream- Aqua Bomb" 70% Hydration! I use that as my primary moisturizer.
I use those brands and wear minimal makeup, eat a vegan diet, and drink a lot of water and get compliments on my skin ALL the time.
Pic related (from my IG story hence cropped text)
>>
>>9635282
I can see the texture on your cheeks from this poor quality pic, not sure I'd be taking skincare advice from you any time soon.
>>
File: Be gone thot.jpg (69 KB, 594x552)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>9635282
>eat a vegan diet
Opinion discarded.
Humans are omnivores.
A vegetarian lifestyles is a luxury that has nothing to do with health or wellness, and anyone who believes otherwise has no interest in rationality. The fact that you think that has any skin benefit means you're either reading really shaky propaganda masquerading as science, or you've not researched at all and are following some goofy hipster trendy concept of what "health" actually means.
>>
>>9635306
You do realize that you're calling vegetarianism a luxury on a board full of folks who blow money on Cosplay, Brand, and other weeb shit....right?? God bless
>>
>>9635283
You do you, bud! Honestly I've never met anyone without texture at all on their face without a bunch of primer and foundation on but I'd love to see one! Also worth noting that I have very muddy freckles which definitely aren't desirable! I just figured I'd offer my lil coupon if anyone wanted to try their stuff out! Have a good one!
>>
>>9635312
I didn't say luxuries are bad.
He cited it as if it were a magical health solution, but it's objectively bad for your health. You need to go to great lengths and use all sorts of plants to get up to "only mildly less healthy"
At least weeb shit doesn't cause rickets.
>>
>>9635312

She's talking about veganism which is a bit of a fad which has yet to actually be proven to do anything other than cause all sorts of vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
>>
>>9635319
>>9635282
How much are they giving back to you for the referral code?
>>
What >>9635354 said.

>>9635282
Nobody wants to be part of your viral marketing, pyramid scheme bullshit.
People on 4chan can spot marketers. You don't speak like other people here do, and you're not fooling anyone.
See yourself out.
>>
>>9635319
I'm saying that if I can see the texture and the quality of your pic is shit you have bad texture and shouldn't be giving advice.
>>
>>9631570
Seems like there's quite a lot of options on iherb so which DIM supplement do you use?
>>
File: pic.jpg (23 KB, 161x199)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>9635414
I agree that person doesn't know what they're talking about, but I have shit texture texture due to my Huge Ass Pores. I have a full routine but ain't nothin' gettin' rid of my horrid skin.

Pic related is pore filler bb cream, acid exfoliant twice a week and clay mask 3 times a week, with pore specific cleanser, toner, serum, ampoule, and near-daily apple polyphenol my beauty diary. Cream's Missa snail, sometimes I use a brightening sleeping pack.
>>
>>9615210
So I purchased 4 of these and so far the one I've been using works just fine. A few days after I got the items the listing was removed for some reason. Since these are just brush replacements and have no actual potentially toxic ingredients I'm not worried but I thought it was still weird.

Anyway, thanks for the recommendation! I saved over $50 with these!
>>
To my fellow anons with horrible dark circles, I may have found a solution. Even if it’s temporary.

I suffer from dark circles and puffy eyes no matter how well rested I am, how much water I drink, how good my diet is and how much I exercise. It’s just what happens to me.

Every day before I shower, I brew two tea bags of plain green tea. Make sure it has nothing in it but green tea, and also that the bags are unbleached. I brew them for three minutes in a large teapot. Then, I put the tea bags on a paper towel in the refridgerator for the duration of my shower. (20-30 minutes should be perfect.) I use the green tea with apple cider vinegar on my hair as a rinse, but that belongs in the hair care thread.

After the shower I lay down with the tea bags on my eyes for 15 minutes. The cooling sensation is extremely relaxing and the caffeine reduces my puffiness and dark circles, and I look awake and refreshed afterward. I feel like my eye health has improved as well. I suffer from persistent eye irritation and this has helped alleviate
that.

I understand this is just a temp solution to a permanent probl m but I haven’t seen it mentioned in this thread so far and I thought I would share my experience!
>>
I do apologise in advance if there is currently a hair care thread up, but I couldn't find one for the life of me. Thought this might be best here.

I'm a swimmer- I swim 5/6 days a week for a good hour-two hours. Needless to say, despite having short hair, it's wrecked. My skin isn't faring much better, although as I use a cleanser/toner/moisturizer morning and night it holds up fairly well. I do use an anti-chlorine shampoo + body wash, but it dries my hair out so much it isn't pleasant at all.

Any recommendations on shampoos/general hair care bar wearing a swimcap? (Which I'm seriously considering, but I hate the things). Any better body moisturisers out there? As whilst my face is ok, my skin can get really dry in general.
>>
>>9639682
So basically you are bathing in a chlorine mixture that dries out your skin, and then apply soap to the skin, that dries it out further, and then dry it out further by using a cleanser?
How do that sound like a good idea?
You might want to cut down on the use of oil removing products, and go no shampoo.

>>9637404
>hurr
>durr durr
You basically got eye mite,
your bed sheaths are filled with mite
And your morning eye cooler is basically killing them by poisoning them.
Congratulations.
>>
>>9636005
the shit you're using might not be at the rightr ph to be effective or the defoliants might not have enough of the active ingredient. You're also overloading your skin with sensitizing, fragrance-laden products which will are likely to make the pore issue worse with time.

AND you're obsessing over some minor thing that no1 cares about except you.

educate yourself
>>
>>9636005
Can you list the names of the products you use?
>>
>>9576554
100% C20.
>>
anyone else have malasezzia, or fungal acne? I've been dealing with acne for years and have tried salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, tea tree oil, oil cleansing, retinoids and antibiotics and nothing worked. I said fuck it and got this zinc pyrithione soap on Amazon. I've been using it got about a month and like 50% of my acne is gone. I'm pretty much 100% sure I have fungal acne. I'm planning on re-adding the cosrx bha liquid into my AM routine, but other than that I don't know what else will help combat malasezzia. Anyone have advice?

AM ROUTINE:
Noble zinc pyrithione soap (the pH of this is AIDS but there's no pH balanced formula of this)
CeraVe cream

PM ROUTINE:
hada Labo oil cleanser on my eyelids if I wore mascara
Noble zinc soap
Hada Labo premium lotion (has a fuckington of Hyaluronic acids and urea)
Cerave cream
>>
>>9639857
Ask doctor on how to remove it in about a week.
Then don't do routine for a week, go down to facial scrubbing with wet toil and some moisture.
Or: You don't have fungus, but your apartment has signs of it, and you have a allergic reaction
>>
>>9635738
Smoky Mountain Naturals. I get it off of Amazon. I have endometriosis so I have had issues with both hormonal acne and extremely painful periods, and it helped a LOT with both. I know I sound like a shill but it was like a magic bullet
>>
File: kreg.png (1.58 MB, 657x1920)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB PNG
>>9639709
>educate yourself
Well, that's why I posted this in the first place. Also I don't obsess about it as much as you seem to think I do based on the one post I've made.

>>9639716
I don't use all of these every day obviously, but here's my full roster, sans oil cleanser:

BBcream: Blur Pang but Peripera
Cleanser: Egg white pore foaming by Skinfood
Toner: Wonder Pore by Etude House
Acid: Pinapple by Skinfood
Other masks: Black Sugar Scrub by Skinfood or the Egg Pore mask by Skinfood
Serum: Peach Sake by Skinfood
Ampoule: Pore Tightening and Cleaning by lioele
Clay Mask: Carbonated Bubble Clay by Elizzavecca
Sheet mask: Either the Apple Polyphenol by MBD or Pore Egg Cream Mask Too Cool for School
Cream: All in one snail repair by Mizon
>>
>tfw I finally have the time to go back to my 1/2 hour nightly skincare routine because no more 15 hour shifts
>tfw masks actually work for me and don't break me out

My skin is already having less pimples and there's less texture on my nose.

I also tried Leaders brightening facial mask out since they were on sale at ulta and this is the first mask that actually didn't break me out! So happy. Good skincare start so far.
>>
>>9639682
How are you not wearing swim cap???? Get a silicone one asap, they’re the most comfortable. Slather your hair with leave-on conditioner before swimming. Use a moisturizing shampoo as well as body wash. Lots of conditioner, leave it on for a while, and leave in treatment after. Never brush your hair when wet, always use a wide tooth comb
>>
>>9640022
I have large pores as well and I've found that overloading with products doesn't help. I use DHC olive oil, CeraVe foaming wash, and fragrance-free moisturizer daily, plus glycolic acid pads twice a week or so. Try scaling back for a while, your skin will thank you.
>>
I get pretty terrible redness on my face because of shaving (since I'm a guy), anyone got any anti-redness cream recommendations? My BB cream doesn't quite cover all of it up well enough.
Looking at https://www.amazon.co.uk/B00HL6ZKZ6/, but second opinions are always helpful.
>>
>>9639703
I understand that you’re just trying really hard to make me feel stupid and dumb, but can you explain to me more about eye mites?

I did some research on them and it seems like up to 80% of people have them and don’t experience much irritation etc. I have had two eye appointments recently and they didn’t say anything about mites.

Besides washing my face and my sheets and stuff, is there anything I can do to keep the mites away?

I’m sorry for posting what I thought was helpful when actually it was just stupid. I will make sure to try to keep my retarded thoughts to myself next time.
>>
>>9640022
Your cleanser is known to be very alkaline and may be stripping your skin which will cause irritation - which will not be helping with pores.
You also probably want a BHA/salicylic acid rather than an AHA, as that is better at 'unblocking' pores/keeping sebum flowing. I know some people have said Wonder Pore is too harsh combined with an alkaline cleanser however you should be fine if you switch to a gentler cleanser.

>>9639857
Are you sure it's not hormonal or irritant related? Most malasezzia reactions are more like flaky/dry/dermatitis/dandruff, not acne...
>>
>>9640257
nayrt but any BHA and salicylic acid recommendations?
>>
>>9640052
What fragrance-free moisturizer do you use?
>>
>>9640254
I am saying you did the right thing, and maybe you should supplement it by washing your duvets & pillow next time you change sheaths. And then wash the duvets every third or forth time you change sheaths.

>and it seems like up to 80% of people have them
100% have them. But normally they aren't a problem because your eyes seep highly salty liquids, and said expulsion also removes dead skin cells. On top of that, the eyelids vibrates and shakes a lot, making it hard to get a foothold.
Essentially: Making the eyes the hardest part of the body to colonize.
But if you got some minor buildup of dead skin around the eyes or lashes, they will colonize from bed sheaths, and you might notice dustier and redder eyes.
>>
>>9640052
>>9640257
Alright, thanks gulls. I'll give it a try.
>>
>>9640407
why the fuck did you say sheath so many times
>>
>>9640579
Sheath
Sheath sheath
Sheath sheath sheath
And several bed sheaths
Giving you mite
So that mite be cool, gull
>>
>>9640377
Cosrx, paula's choice

>>9640060
Have you looked at how you're shaving? Prevention is easier than cure for razor burn...
>>
>>9640683
Yeah, I've tried a bunch of creams and razors, neither really seem to improve matters. It might just be weird redness placement which looks like shaving redness?
At some point I'll likely get it lasered off, anywho.
>>
>>9639857
Have you tried Selsun Blue shampoo? It's not pyrithione zinc. It is selenium sulfide. It is used to treat malasezzia in both people and pets. It's a bit strong.

I'd go to a doctor or see if something gentler with selenium sulfide. You could put Selsun Blue on your face, but that'd really be a last resort.
>>
>>9640917
See if something gentler with selenium sulfide exists.* Sorry.
>>
>>9639682
I used to swim 2 yrs you should not be swimming without a cap
>>
How do I fix back pimples?
>>
Gulls, I need help with a problem my roommate has. You know those disgusting videos on YouTube of people popping/removing giant deep skin blackheads that have turned into massive disgusting mountains of dirt and grime on the skin? Yeah, he has those. How can I get them to fuck off once they've been popped and emptied? I dig them out for him every so often because he can't reach them (they're on his back) and I love gross shit like that, but I feel bad that he has to deal with them. I know I'd hate it if I had giant ass blackheads and no way to remove them. Did I mention that they're REALLY deep in there? I squeezed one about 25 times repeatedly and there was still gunk coming out of it. Ideas?
>>
>>9643016
Alcohol and cotton swab. Clean that shit hole.
Or you know see a doctor.
>>
>>9643023
He's a lazy fuckwad. I had to drag him to the hospital when he was legitimately dying from an ulcer/fungal infection in his stomach and a narrowed small intestine. After 7 weeks of not eating (or eating and immediately throwing up) and not shitting, enough was enough.

>"I'll go tomorrow, I don't feel like it right now. Maybe it'll get better."
>>
>>9643030
>lazy fuckwad

Well then he won't keep himself clean no matter what you do so just leave his shit alone.
>>
>>9593132
The classic, tea tree oil. I mix it with my cleanser and it helps so much.
>>9601018
Holy hell anon, you just described me. Our routine is really different but we share the same problem. If you find a solution let me know.
>>9635306
Nice bait, made me reply.
I'm vegetarian and poor af, i've been both since forever. My body is healthy, my face could look better but also worse. Animals are greasy and gross, do you really think that's healthy?
>>
>>9644756
When it comes to the closed comedones, if you have tried everything your dermatologist recommended look into pityrosporum folliculitis. Brought it up to the doc. Ended up trying an OTC anti-fungal and it cleared up.
>>
>>9635035
>biore charcoal bar.

I tried a charcoal mask and I didn't notice much difference. Peeling it off was also rather unpleasant and made my skin red for an hour or so. Is the bar better? More helpful I found is just using cleanser on a washcloth for an exfoliation once every week or so. I like the idea of charcoal but am doubtful.

Current routine is witch hazel and like a thousand moisturizers, with cleansing each night. But I tend to get black and white heads and sometimes zits around my chin. I'm very moisturized though.
>>
File: blegh.png (136 KB, 353x475)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
What do about cystic chest stuffs? Right over my sternum, about nipple line. I don't get these shits often, but the scars they've left on me are horrendous. Currently have 2. I've tried all manners of different soaps, cleansers, clothing, detergents. These just seem to pop up on their own with no real rhyme or reason. Anybody else have similar and or recommendations on how to deal with them?
>>
If I put on sunscreen, go out in the sun for about 10 minutes and then go back inside again for a few hours, would I need to re-apply it or does it only lose its effectiveness when you are exposed to the sun?
>>
>>9649653
Isn't the entire point of sunscreen that is dries/absorbs into the skin?
So you get a layer, and it stays there until its sweated/greased out.
And if you go to the high mountains for a harsh day of hiking, you want to apply it in 2 layers, to ensure that the second layer do not get sweated out fast. And that it absorbs evenly into the skin, to avoid spot sunburn from uneven absorb.

> lose its effectiveness when you are exposed to the sun?
lol. It takes for longer than that.
>>
Male (male) here, what regiment should I follow when shaving my facial hair?

Right now I just wet shave and moisturize after showering but I'm worried I'm missing steps that could help curb breakouts, which I suffer from regardless of how often I shave.
>>
>>9649841
I've found that exfoliating afterwards and applying a redness cream I found gets rid of it entirely.
Hell, the very same day I started using the redness cream I got a comment on 'how clean shaven I looked', which was nice.
'Avene SPF 20 Anti Rougeurs Moisturizing and Protective Cream 40 ml' is what I grabbed and I'd recommend it.
>>
>>9649850
Thank you, family. My skin feels so shitty and I really need to put more effort into looking nice. Just cleansing + moisturizing doesn't do much for me, it seems.
>>
>>9649852
Oh also, someone rec'd 'Shaveworks The Cool Fix' here a while ago, if you slip up and leave little cuts, it's a miracle worker for getting rid of them fast. Goddamn does it sting, though.
>>
>>9649841
1. Some shave something you are not allergic to
2. Do it after shower, or during shower
3. Exfoliate and then apply moisture. Alcohol only covers wounds(microscopic), so it does fuck all beyond that feeling when it burns
4. You could repeat the exfoliation after a day
5. Stop shaving so close
>>
>>9644756
not OP, but i second tea tree oil. i have combination skin and have had acne all my life but mixing a little bit with my cleanser helped clear my face a bit
>>
>>9565364
lmfao at all you faggots wasting money on chemical treatments. I used to try all that shit and it didn't work well for long. I just started taking cold showers and using a pumice stone and within a week my ace clear up and I've had perfect skin ever since.
>>
>>9569968
I thought i was the only one but it’s an issue for me too

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.