[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 72 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: colossaleast.jpg (287 KB, 720x405)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
First year at the Pocono location, less than 2 months away. Who's going?

>Looking forward to it?
>What cosplays/coords are you bringing?
>How will you be spending your con?
>Any events/panels you plan to go to?

(Including the last question preemptively. Schedule should be out early-mid August.)

-The waterpark at this location is larger than the Ohio location, with 2 hot tub bars, but the convention center is smaller (until 2019).

-The room block sold out, but all rooms at the hotel are now available for a discount, so long as you mention Colossal East when you call to reserve.

-Unlike the Ohio location, the room keys for this location are wristbands that also serve as your waterpark entry, and you can use them at the hotel bars and restaurants to charge your credit/debit card without having to carry cards, ID, or rancid boob money around in your swimsuit.
>>
File: 1448244839867.jpg (8 KB, 309x463)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>Unlike the Ohio location, the room keys for this location are wristbands that also serve as your waterpark entry, and you can use them at the hotel bars and restaurants to charge your credit/debit card without having to carry cards, ID, or rancid boob money around in your swimsuit.
This I like
Also I did not realize the park had 2 hot tub bars, that's good to know.
>>
File: ImageGen.png (1000 KB, 860x496)
1000 KB
1000 KB PNG
>>9567259
Yeah, from what I hear, you can link the bracelet to your CC so they can scan the bracelet and automatically charge your card. There's a 150$/day limit though.

There's a bar that's completely open like the Ohio one, and then there's this glowing cave thing which is where I'm going to live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kX2bOCIm1s
>>
File: 8h8Te.jpg (89 KB, 960x960)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>9567314
>Grotto hot tub bar
Bruh.
>>
My friend group and I couldn't get rooms for next year's Colossalcon, so we're waiting to hear how this one goes before deciding to just attend this one.

Some people I know from my comm scouted the place earlier in the month to see if there's good places to take photos (they're both con photographers) and it looks like there's not as many photogenic spots as the one in Ohio. Ah well, I went for the first time to Colossal and honestly if you're going for the convention and to get pictures taken you're doing it wrong.
>>
>Looking forward to it?
Yes! I can't go to the one in OH due to expenses so I'm hoping Poconos does well. I've never been to a water park con and want to try it out. I dig the wristbands thing.
All Persona 5 except a fun lazy Sunday one
Water park, drinking, panels (hopefully), pictures, AA/vendors
I hope so.
>>
>>9567259
Stupid Q but will all the wristbands be linked to the card used to pay for the room or will we be able to link all our own cards at the front desk?
>>
I'm really excited to go. I never got to make it to Colossal-con, so I'm hoping East does well.

I'm probably not bringing much cosplay wise because I want to relax and have a fun time. I'll be honest, I just want to go to a resort with my friends and have an excuse to wear cute wigs. I'm a simple bitch.
>>
>>9568768
I imagine you'd need to get it set up with your own card separately but I dunno
>>
>Looking forward to it?
Yes! Though I'm still figuring out where I'm going to stay
Sailor Swimsuit Miki (im@s), and a bunch of other idolm@ster cosplays
Cosplaying, drinking, running around to panels
Just looking forward to seeing friends again!
>>
>Looking forward to it?

Very much. I attended the original colossalcon for several years but like a lot of others, I don't see myself realistically going ever again (also because I moved farther away). East is really close to home for me and I'm excited to see how it compares!

Gonna be bringing hitman reborn cosplay for friday with my boyfriend, elementalist Lux from league of legends for saturday, and if i finish all that I wanna do digimon tri for sunday but that's a big if.

It'll be my boyfriend's first convention so I'm looking forward to experiencing that with him, also going to probably be spending a lot of time drinking and at the swim-up bar. The game room seems like it will be pretty fun, and I'm interested in seeing what the dealer's room and artist's alley will be like considering it's a first-year con.

Nothing at the moment, but I hope there's some interesting panels.
>>
Those of you that have been to legacy/Ohio Colossalcon, what percentage of cosplayers would you estimate do bikini/swimsuit type cosplays? I wasn't sure if basically everyone did that sort of cosplay or what.
On an unrelated note, there's a google document of photoshoots/meetups on the website (under events>photoshoot), for anyone interested.
>>
>>9570208
I'd say it's half and half. Thing is, the traditional cosplays and the swimsuit cosplays usually don't congregate in the same spots
>>
So I'm reading the entire hotel is fully booked now.
>>
>>9570208
What anon said >>9570516 but i would add at least at the ohio Kalihari traditional cosplays also includes a lot of lazier versions due to the heat. No one real bothers to pull out all the stops at a con where people are so drunk they dont even think to take pictures.
>>
>>9575305
Where did you read that? The original block is booked but thw hotel is still honoring the discount. Why? You need a space? I still have a few open in mine due to some recent drops
>>
>>9576272
My bad. It was from one of the FB groups, someone either mistook East for regular Colossal or didn't understand the room block being sold out didn't mean the whole hotel was.
>>
Rough schedule is up. Remember, this is the first draft so it could change over the next month.

http://colossalconeast.com/information/schedule-guide/
>>
>>9580112
I'm excited for the flea market. I wanted to sell at the Ohio Colossalcon, but ended up not being able to. There was also a lot of cool stuff there.
>>
>>9580633
I don't think I've browsed the flea market since its first year at Ohio Colossal, but I'd like to try and get to it this year since I should actually have the money to throw down.

Hopefully there will be some stuff from my favs there. I kinda have older tastes which means finding merch at the Dealer's Room is always nigh impossible.
>>
>>9567653
care to share? i'm attending colossalcon east for the first time and I have no idea what to expect.
>>
>>9582647
At Colossalcon Ohio there was a ton of older merch that people were selling, a lot of stuff I had as a kid that I actually forgot existed and it was super nostalgic. Hopefully this one will be the same!
>>
>>9583137
Google Felix Wong. He has an album full of kalahari photos.
>>
Bump from page 10.
>>
>>9567259
So quick question, what if you're not staying at the hotel?
I live only a 20 minute drive away, so I was just planning on driving. Does that mean you have to pay for waterpark entrance?
>>
>>9590376
You do have to pay for the waterpark if you're not staying at the hotel. Colossal Ohio sells passes at Con Ops, and I'm sure Colossal East will be doing the same. Those passes are single-day though.
>>
File: 8678.png (2 KB, 489x60)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>9591150
Here's to hoping they have a discounted price for con-goers...
>>
File: ColossalEast2017.png (1.07 MB, 1219x465)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
Just bought my pass! Besides pic related, I'm also planning Swimsuit Ver. Judy Hopps (Zootopia) and Mika Jougasaki's (Idolm@ster: CG) white dress from Shine!! Might drop Sailor Swimsuit Miki in favor of just wearing a green bikini if I get short on time.
>>
>>9590376
just sneak in bro. barely anyone bought waterpark passes at ohio.
>>
>>9592049
would love to meet you. seen your post about AB for years but never saw you there.
>>
>>9593186
Whaaat haha that's so strange, I've been going for 10+ years, I would think I would've run into people at this point
>>
>>9592601
The Poconos Kalahari does use different wristbands than the Sandusky one. Don't know how easy sneaking in will be.

Honestly though it'll probably still be trivial.
>>
How are you gulls' cosplays coming along? I'm about 85% done, just have some sewing that needs finished.
>>
>>9593853
Waiting on some materials in the mail to construct and shape up a couple wigs. Not too stressed for this con thankfully.
>>
>>9593853
Barely started any of my cosplays due to working overtime, but today I have a day off so I just ordered more fabric and am going to try to churn out most of one of my Mikas!
Side note, does anyone know how to get around the new "must have a prescription" rule for ordering circle lenses? I need new ones but it's been a minute and the last time I had to order them, they were still delivering to the US without any prescription needed.
>>
>>9593853
Just waiting on a couple pieces in the mail. Then I gotta finish up some minor details. Hoping my friend's co-worker can help me 3d print a couple small props.

>>9594730
All lens retailers are legally supposed to ask for prescription. If you get lenses with the wrong base curve you run the risk of damaging your eyes. Do you have an older prescription form laying around? Or old lenses that may have that information?
>>
>>9595843
I never got a prescription since I always just got the plano lenses. I was looking into getting an actual prescription soon, but since this con is coming up pretty quickly, I was just going to try to grab plano ones again.
>>
1. What are the rules about wearing clothes in the pool? I have an old ballgown cosplay that I'd like to send off with a last hurrah by doing some "floating on my back" shoots.

2. The Kalahari's website says that the outdoor waterpark closes after Labor Day (https://www.kalahariresorts.com/pennsylvania/parks/indoor-waterpark). Has Colossal mentioned whether the Kalahari will make an exception for the con and keep the outdoor park open?
>>
Saw on the Colossal FB group that negotiations weren't going too well and it looks like anyone not staying at the Kalahari is going to have to pay the full 79$ for waterpark access rip
>>
File: CEast2017.jpg (1.1 MB, 2189x770)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
Lineup. Don't have specific days for any of them.

If anyone was curious, East will be having after hours waterpark time like Ohio has for the past couple years. Same time (11pm, closing time TBA), 25$ admission, all you need is your con badge i.e. you don't need a waterpark pass for this. More info on how to get into this event should be posted soon but I assume it'll be like Ohio's where you pick up a special wristband from Con Ops.

>>9599754
1. I'm pretty sure the answer will be no. From what I remember waterpark policy says you're not allowed on rides or in pools without proper swimwear. Like you can walk around the waterpark in whatever you want but you just can't get in the water with it.

2. There's hopes to keep it open, but as of right now it's resting on "if weather permits it". In any case don't be too disappointed if it doesn't happen. The outdoor waterpark isn't nearly as great as Ohio's, and the indoor portion is much larger.

>>9599869
If you have friends staying at the Kalahari, you can probably borrow their wristbands when they're not using them. The only issue with this is that- unlike Ohio- the waterpark wristband is also the room key. Also see above: you can still go to the after hours events.

>>9597952
Unfortunately since not all eyes are shaped the same and a poor fit can damage your cornea, even if you're not getting corrective lenses, prescriptions are still legally required so the seller isn't legally responsible for seriously harming customers by selling lenses that didn't fit their base curve.
>>
>>9601256
Oh wow, I didn't realize that an incorrect fit could really do damage, I just thought it was a liability issue. Thanks for letting me know!
>>
>>9599869
I wonder how they managed to fuck that up so badly. I wonder if it's the con organizers or the Kalahari reps that are being irrationally stubborn.
There's gotta be coupons or some shit out there. Pretty much every overpriced amusement type park out there has some type of discount available.
>>
>>9599869
tbf cosplayers probably scare off the normies
>>
>want to go but don't want to spend 300+ a night
Where the room shares at?
>>
>>9607582
There's a room/ride share group but it's kind of sparse in terms of members.
>>
File: IMG_3849.png (575 KB, 750x1334)
575 KB
575 KB PNG
So what happened guys.
>>
>>9607771
Colossalcon supports harassment.
>>
>>9607771
Shows how Donnell does not care about protecting people from creepers. I know all the people involved in this
>>
>>9607582
>>9607667
[facebook]/groups/colossalconeastroomridesharing/

And yeah its only got a little over 260 members but it does look like there's some people looking to fill spaces. You may see more as the con approaches due to last minute drop-outs.

>>9606000
Yeah, I didn't even learn of it until I spoke to 2 different eye dr's trying to see about coloured lenses, and my own BC is so high that neither PinkyParadise nor the US disposable brands even make coloured lenses that fit my eyes.
>>
>>9607771
>>9608169
>>9608501
>Colossalcon supports harassment.
>Donnell does not care about protecting people from creepers

I can guarantee it has less to do with Colossal willfully accepting "creepers" and more to do with them being professional about the increasing tendency of the con community to pull out the real-world equivalent of a Tumblr "call out post" and try to get harmless people banned from cons.
>>
>>9607582
>tfw your room has one open spot but no one except you is ok with opening it to randos :/
>>
>>9608552
your lame excuse would pass if donnell didn't voice his support of umbreon in the annoucement.
>>
>>9608967
>umbreon
Literally who?
>>
File: 1434766062154.jpg (23 KB, 274x292)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
If I had known I was going to have to pay an extra $80 a day for park passes because I wasn't staying at the hotel, I wouldn't have even bothered planning for this damn con.

I don't know why I thought the con passes got you into the park, but the con staff never answering emails about it didn't help either.
>>
>>9611358
>expects colossalcon staff to answer email.

lol
>>
>>9611358
>the con staff never answering emails about it didn't help either.
Who did you email? Idk about the email situation but I know Karen's good about answering questions in the Facebook group. Not everyone uses FB though so...

There's a late night even on Fri-Sat night starting at 11pm. Fee is 25$ per day regardless of whether or not you're staying at the hotel but there's no set closing time yet. It's exclusively for con people.

>>9608967
Who is "Umbreon" and why are they a concern? I can't find anything in RBT archives.
>>
>>9611594
>There's a late night even on Fri-Sat night
Info for the Friday event has been posted. Nothing about Saturday yet.

http://colossalconeast.com/events/friday-night-waterpark-party/
>>
is there going to be a flea market on sunday like there is for the ohio one?
>>
>>9612676
Yeah, its at 10am until the con closes at 5pm.
http://colossalconeast.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Colossalcon-East-2017-Web-Schedule-v1.pdf

Aaaand if you plan on selling, the rules and such are pretty much the same as Ohio Colossal's
http://colossalcon.com/events/otaku-flea-market/
So get there between 9-10, sign a sheet stating you understand the rules, and its first come/first serve so the earlier you arrive the better.
>>
>>9611358
>not giving any sort of discounts for an event in September in the fucking mountains of PA

Not sure if the people running Kalahari PA are greedy fucks or just plain stupid. Probably both.
And yes I do realize that a large portion of the waterpark is indoors, but it's still a much more attractive venue to go to in the middle of summer. They should be going out of their way to make buying waterpark tickets attractive as possible.
>>
Weather could change as the con gets closer, but so far it looks to be low-mid 60s with a small chance of rain on Friday. Not sure what the minimum temp is for keeping the outdoor waterpark open.

>>9615607
From the way it sounded in today's FB post it seems like they just didn't want to give the discounts for the con's first year at that location (but it will probably happen next year). I can understand it to a degree. Without even a proper ballpark figure of attendance and how much of that attendance will be buying full waterpark passes it's probably not the best business decision.
>>
>>9611594

yeah Karen replies to me everytime and she's really friendly to talk to. Send her a message on facebook
>>
Official word in the Facebook group: You can sell handmade items at the flea market since they don't have the time to host a craft fair too.

Weather for the con looks okay so far but there's a cat3 hurricane headed for the east coast this week so it's too soon to tell whether or not it will stay that way.
>>
>>9612631
I'm not sure I'm 100% understanding this. If I have a hotel room + a con badge, do I still need to pay the $25?
>>
>>9618996
Yeah, its a separate event so the 25$ fee applies regardless of whether or not you already have a normal waterpark pass, you will need the con badge to show in order to buy the wristband which allows you into the event (since its a con attendee only thing).
>>
>>9619161
Also adding before the peanut gallery decides to make a big deal out of it:

The 25$ fee is because the bartenders, chefs, lifeguards, etc are working outside their normal hours so they hotel needs to compensate them appropriately. Being the first year at the location, there isn't a clear estimate of how many people will participate which is why its higher than Ohio's 15$.

I'm hoping that this year gets good enough attendance that next year's fee will be lower and the event will happen on Saturday too. (and the hotel will also allow the con to sell discounted waterpark passes, ofc)
>>
Trying to decide if it's worh it to buy a badge. I usually prereg but this closed so early.
>>
>>9619169
I'm in the same boat. The convention center looks so small on the map can't imagine you miss too much.

The late night waterpark sounds pretty fun tho
>>
>>9619169
>>9619203
Is there anything on the schedule you're interested in? The after hours waterpark event is definitely worth it, but moreover if you're on the fence about buying a badge I'd say just go for it even if you just do a single-day pass. Buying a badge contributes to the official attendance count which gives the con more leeway with the hotel to do things like discounted waterpark passes and the after-hours swim.

>The convention center looks so small on the map
If you've been to the Ohio one, its the same size as the con center before the expansion, so the size of the first portion of the convention center before the glass doors and lion statue.

It's not terribly small, but if you're used to cons in large commercial convention centers like Ota or Katsu you'll definitely feel that way. Colossal is a fun vacation con so its pretty enjoyable regardless of the smaller space.
>>
>Looking forward to it?
Yes!! It's the first convention that my husband is actually able to go to with me and it'll probably be my last US convention as well.

POSSIBLY a Fallout cosplay, definitely Kiki and Tombo from Kiki's Delivery Service.

Seeing friends I won't see for a while, partying, and making memories.

Not really besides the night-swim that Colossalcon is holding.
>>
Im a cosplayer and fairly new, what photographers should i avoid, i dont mind paying but i want my money worth.
>>
I'm hearing parking pass? Is parking free or nor
>>
5 days left! How prepared are you?
>>
>>9620505
Hotel parking is free. Not sure where you heard that, lol.
>>
I'm a first time Colossal attendee - can anyone further describe the flea market for me? Do people normally have elaborate set-ups, or is it more casual with stuff laid out on tables? I have a few odds and ins I'm looking to part with, but I don't want to look underprepared.
>>
>>9621104
It's usually just stuff laid out on tables. Most people don't tend to go all out like you'd see in AA.

I made a couple more posts about minor details here:
>>9612684
>>9618679
>>
File: CZiq32pUUAA_6pg.jpg (31 KB, 600x565)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>9566334
Just got back from DragonCon. Time to get ready for this.
>>
File: IMG_3133.jpg (80 KB, 540x411)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>9620753
Set and ready. I need this vacation. Heading out on Thursday.
>>
Just found out I was going a few hours ago. Not sure what to expect, I don't want to pay to get into the waterpark, only going to the convention and AA. Hope it'll be worth the $30.
>>
what are the chances that I get stuck from Irma if I try to leave Colossalcon's hotel from AVP airport to PHL airport on Sept. 14th? could it still be in NC by then but out of FL?
>>
>>9621971
>I don't want to pay to get into the waterpark
Yeah the admission prices are ridiculous as per usual with amusement parks. Are you staying with people at the host hotel? Hotel rooms get free wristbands for however many people the room states it allows (the wristband is the room key).

If not, there's an after hours event Fri starting at 11pm that's con people only. It's 25$ extra (which is way better than regular waterpark admission).

>Not sure what to expect,
If you're expecting like, top tier cosplay and a huge variety for panels, dealers, and AA you'll probably be disappointed, but if you're just going there to have fun then you'll enjoy it. Colossal's more of a really laid back vacation con. Kalahari bars are pretty great if you're into drinking.
>>
>>9622033
No one can be certain at this point because no one's even sure where exactly Irma's going.

I'm just glad it likely isn't going to brush by during the con and completely fuck over all the outdoor photoshoots.
>>
Does anyone know if the Kalahari does bag check-ins like other hotels? Like if I wanted them to keep my stuff in a safe area before I'm able to get my room or if on Sunday I needed to keep it in a safe space before leaving in the afternoon?
>>
Official word is the outdoor waterpark will be open for the con!

I'm still working to get a couple cosplays done and I have a couple things that don't arrive until tomorrow. The con crunch is real.

>>9622678
Calling the hotel would be the best and fastest way to get your answer for that, but from what I can find with Google, they do have bag check (not sure of the fee).
>>
>>9622740
So glad to hear its going to be open! My large group is checking in soon. I'm ready!
>>
Group of 5 about an hour and a half away!
>>
So, meet up?
Possibly Friday night during the after-hours event at the indoor water park somewhere?
>>
How do the wristbands work? We have 4 bands for six of us. Do they have to be on you for you to get into the waterpark or nah
>>
>>9624422
>Do they have to be on you for you to get into the waterpark
Yup.
>>
how is the con going on so far for everyone?
>>
File: IMG_1477.jpg (140 KB, 720x1280)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
If you see me say hiii
>>
More updates on the outdoor waterpark: Apparently the info they were given was slightly off. It needs to be at least 70 degrees to keep the outdoor portion open. If its under 70 degrees it is open but only for photographers and cosplayers doing shoots.
>>
File: IMG_0344.jpg (2.23 MB, 4032x3024)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB JPG
We fucking ready boys!
>>
Anyone plan on hitting up the waterpark party tonight?
>>
Just was at water park it's pretty fun. Relaxing in room now, friend of friend is in huge multi room suite with 4 bathrooms and balcony. I'm hoping sat is busy, fri not so much for us in artist alley. Also witnessed cosplayer getting told rear floss is not ok for a family resort.
>>
>>9625222
no. no one
>>
>>9624870
Missed you tonight! Will you be at the con tomorrow as well?
>>
Hey! I hope everyone's Friday went well and are all geared up for Saturday.

Honestly, I've spent all of my time at the park and restaurants. I almost forgot I'm supposed to be at a con. I'm having fun because of the resort but I dunno how I'd rate this as a convention. I keep getting updates on the apps about cancelled panels, though.
>>
Water park passes are sold out for today. Really regretting not getting them sooner.
>>
How is it so far?
I couldn't make it, am I missing anything?
>>
>>9625570
I completely agree. The convention aspect is eh, but the waterpark aspect is awesome. It's more like I'm on vacation with my friends and a bunch of nerds.
>>
Are there any open parties tonight? Looking to kill time since my friends'll be working on cosplay
>>
The parking is such a crowded shitshow, is there anywhere else nearby to park like streets or something other than out front?
>>
Anyone tryna meet up.with randoms? Friends in room are being boring and I need some stimulation (not the lewd kind lol)

Low 20s and male fyi haha
>>
Anyone trying to party? Also; are kigirumi's cool or cringe? Considering wearing mine tonight
>>
>>9625926
so.... it's like colossalcon?
>>
>>9626535

I'd like to know this too
>>
>>9625926
You basically summed up Colossal in a nutshell. The programming and con parts are plain or average but most people go for the neato shoots at the waterpark and field and to weeb out at the water bar. Though i'm curious what the turnout for East will be since i couldn't make it this year.
>>
Any word on 2018's dates? I'm very curious if they're going to move it to a more convenient weekend.
>>
>>9626690
What makes a weekend more convenient?
>>
>>9626535
I've never been, so I wouldn't know. I had the impression that regular Colossalcon has more guests and a larger space for dealers & artists.
>>
>>9626770
Weekend after Labor Day can be inconvenient for people who need to request that weekend off from work. My group lost two people for that very reason.
>>
>>9626770
Labor day is one of the toughest weekends for a con - I know nearly a dozen people who didn't attend because of the timing. It's a hard weekend to request off from work, it's hard for college students in my area because school starts that week, and it's hard for anyone who attends Dragoncon.
>>
>>9626770
Maybe a warmer weekend
>>
Did anyone see what happened to the girl who got hurt on the waterslide?
>>
Labor day is traditionally the last weekend of vacation season for big resorts like this, and prices and availability are much better after that. It's the same reason colossal Sandusky is the weekend it is. Don't expect much in the way of date changes
>>
Colossal was okay. Con was tiny, gaming room a joke, water park nice though very chlorinated, but the resort has a great atmosphere and my friends are fun. Oh, and the amount of parents giving looks towards semi-nude cosplayers was splendid.

Best part of the con was Last Bite, the ice cream place in the lobby. That was some of the best ice cream I've ever had. They source it from a local place that seems to really know its stuff. Oh, and the rooms are stupidly cheap, so that's nice. 6.5/10
>>
>>9627073
Are you talking about the one who broke her back?
>>
Considering that this is my first convention, I really really appreciated how chill and fun this con was. There seemed to be way less of a focus on "holy shit need to be perfect" cosplay and just a way more chill and relaxed vibe.

East coast based so I've never made it out to the proper Colossalcon, and I really get the appeal now.
>>
>>9627465
>Stupidly cheap
What are you comparing it to? Seemed pretty expensive to me.
>>
>>9626535
>>9626566
Felt similar to Colossalcon minus a few things
Comparisons: the convention itself is rather unspectacular, the one in the Poconos is significantly smaller. Most people are hanging out in the arcade or indoor park. Very relaxed con, no one seems to be in a rush to do anything.

Differences:
Weather, CC East is in the mountains in September, significantly colder, dropped down to the high 40s late at night, less people outside.
Kalahari layout, the new location has a larger waterpark, however you have to walk significantly further distances to everything because the hotel is just a long continuous hallway. The Ohio location at least wraps around the outdoor park and the convention center is closer to everything. The arcade in the Kalahari Poconos is about twice the size. Sum it up, I still think the Ohio location is more chill, mostly because the weather.

>>9627713
Con rates cut off about 40% of the reservation costs, and you're getting a resort location with waterpark access for four people. It's not a bad deal considering other cons the room rates are about the same and all you have is the convention. You also get a microwave/fridge here. Try comparing it to the Gaylord and what they offer.
>>
>>9627073
I know she broke her back and couldn't get home herself but idk
>>
I had a blast. Felt more like a fun vacation with all my cosplay friends than a con, which was fine by me. Food wasn't as expensive as I expected, staff was chill. All the panels I went to sucked donkey balls, but that's not really the draw of a con like this anyway.
>>
>>9627957
What panels did you go to?
>>
>>9626690
They should put it in late August. That way Colossalcon is the first summer con and Colossalcon east is the last summer con. They also wouldn't have compete with Ota, Dragoncon or Labor day.
>>
Apparently room blocks with con rate for next year are already available but you have to call to get it. Anyone booking?
>>
>>9629566
I'm seeing quite a few post on their FB pages about booking a room. They're the typical early rush, I booked mine already.
>>
>>9627729
thank you for your reply

And I would try and get myself a room for colossalcon east but im not sure if I should go to that or stick to my original plan of going to Colossalcon.

I would go to both but I'm comming from the UK and it would be too expensive going to both.
>>
>>9629656
Go to east as London to JFK fares are cheaper than London via JFK via cincanti airfare, and you either need to rent a car or have a ride transport you from the airport to the kalahari. It took me an hour and thirty minutes from New york to the kalahari.

As you aren't from the Us, it's painful getting to the Kalahari because they are in the middle of nowhere (think Leeds).
>>
>>9629656
In my opinion, going to colossalcon at either location isn't worth it unless you have a Kalahari reservation, having done both, the difference is staggering. Having to drive sucks when you're at a convention that encourages drinking to this extent. If you're going to the Ohio location good luck on getting a room, it all sold out within the first hour. The Poconos location is still booking rooms last time I checked.
>>
>>9629566
Everyone I know already has their rooms booked for Colossal East
>>
>>9629760

yeah even my boyfriend is thinking that we should go to colossalcon east instead since it wont clash with a UK con we want to go to. Also another good thing is that there are some rooms available now that i can book for Colossalcon East compare to Colossalcon.
>>
>>9629677
yeah im thinking of seeing if any buses or coaches that can take me from the airport to the hotel.

i was thinking i could try and wait for the room sharing group to have an available hut for colossalcon or i could try and book for fairfield Inn if im desprate to get somewhere for colossalcon.
>>
>>9629850
There's a bus from NYC to the Kalahari.

http://martztrailways.com/departures-from-new-york/
>>
>>9609518

sorry for coming in almost a month in after this question was asked but usagi neko... dude cosplays umbreon a lot and stalked girls at a few cons, got reported at animenext and otakon and banned from saikoucon

i'm only pretty aware because he's had run ins with a few of my friends, but stalked one of them at two different cons

he's autistic but idk how much of it is actually autism and how much of him using it as an excuse, i know he claimed to reform himself after animenext but stalked my friend at ota and apparently did something to get banned form saikou

don't necessarily blame the con chair for skepticism but nothing happened at cc east, my friend didn't see him at all, but it's not like they didn't have cause to be freaked cause the dude has a history, so i feel it's understandable on all ends

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.