[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 48 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: cutemakeup[1].jpg (219 KB, 720x380)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
Old thread >>9527330
>>
What's the best sparkling pink eyeshadow out there?
>>
>>9587234
Define "pink". Cool? Warm? Dark? Light? Do you have a specific shade of pink you want? Aside from that I like Colourpop's Bubbly, and Aritaum's Shine Fix Eyes line personally.
>>
I want to buy a setting spray and of course the no1 recommendation is Urban Decay's All Nighter. However, I have oily skin and they recommend their De-Slick setting spray.

They're the same price, do you think i should just go with the All Nighter, which is for all skin types, or go for the De-Slick, which is specifically for oil control?
>>
>>9587285
I am not sure about availability where you live, but I highly recommend Bobbi Brown setting spray. I use mousturizing cream in the morning and evening on top of that, and my skin stays looking fresh, unless it's really hot. Then nothing can save me.
>>
I have combo skin with some acne and i'm not sure what contour would work better with my skin. Cream or powder?
>>
>>9587285
I have combo skin and All-Nighter works fine for me but if they're all the same price, I'd give de-slick a shot!
>>
File: IMG_4571.jpg (24 KB, 355x355)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
Looking for setting spray recommendations and general advice.

I have been using a setting powder (pic) which I guess I shouldn't because I have dry skin. I've been using Supergoop! Setting Mist because it's SPF 50 but it doesn't really keep my makeup in place.

Do I need a better setting spray? Are there any setting powders okay for dry skin?
>>
>>9590485
Nothing wrong with using a setting powder with dry skin unless it accentuates your dryness. I find that a light dusting of translucent powder (would recommend Laura Mercier or the skinfood peach loose powder) set with a mist helps smooth over my dry areas.

I would recommend urban decay's allnighter or the loreal infallible setting spray, but use an instore tester if you can to see how they work with your skin.
>>
>>9590498
I'll try the UD spray! I have a coupon and they sell travel sizes so I've been itching to try it. I feel the powder sets my foundation better than a spray so I'll look into the two you recommended.

I really wanted the Primed and Poreless to be a hit because that packaging is so cute but oh well.
>>
Kind of a makeup newfag (mostly doing eyeliner and shadow), and I recently picked up some green neutralizing powder for my breakouts. At what point should I apply it for maximum coverage?
>>
File: Skindinavia.jpg (102 KB, 1024x683)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>9587285
>>9590485

Have you checked out Skindinavia sprays? They actually produce for Urban Decay and I swear by their Bridal Fixing Spray. It can be a tad drying after extended use, but on the plus side your makeup won't budge.

Have a read of this if you're confused about the difference between setting and fixing:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MakeupAddiction/comments/3f42bu/enough_misinformation_the_real_and_actual/

Sorry for the reddit link, but it's actually super helpful.

>>9590485
If you have dry skin then setting powders can be hit and miss. I also have dry skin issues so I just apply the powder to my under eye area and to my forehead. Basically anyplace where I'm prone to creasing or sweating.
I opt for finely milled loose powder. My current one is from Australis and it's surprisingly good.

As for dry skin and sprays here's what I do:
Everyday Makeup
>NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray
It's labelled as a setting spray but it's actually a fixing spray. The staying power isn't amazing but it doesn't leave me feeling dehydrated.

Big Events/meetups/etc
>Set with Models Prefer Finale Setting Mist
This gets rid of any accidental cakiness and smooths me out a bit
>Fix with Skindinavia Bridal
My makeup is fairly bulletproof after this, but using it 3 or so days in a row dries me out.

When you have dry skin your pre-makeup prep is also very important. I use a fair few products but it's really helped me:
>Spray face with Mario Badescu Herb Water
>Apply a few drops of cold pressed Rosehip oil
>Small amount of The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA
>The Ordinary High Spreadability Fluid Primer
>Apply makeup with damp beauty blender

>>9590498
Did you like the loreal spray? I found that the spritzer was really shoddy so it left me with giant drops of spray on my face. It also dried to a really chalky finish.
>>
>>9590583
I liked it, however I live outside the USA and the l'oreal spray here has a different bottle than I've seen in American reviews. I find it mists really well and the bottle is transparent and shows that there's basically a bunch of powder/sediment in the bottom and it needs shaking up before use. I actually find the finish isn't that dry/matte either and my only complaint is that it smells a bit chemical.

Maybe I shouldn't actually go around recommending it to people now that I think about it, since the packaging and maybe formula could be different.
>>
I have a question regarding eyes/lashes/mascara

For as long as I've been using makeup when I apply mascara of any type it's fine until about an hour in and the corners of my eyes feel like there's either a lash in my eyes or about to fall. so I end up pulling the product out of my lashes and it would still feel that lash in eye feeling. The center feels fine

Is it eye irritation? Allergy? Sensitivity? Other? If so what macaras would you gulls recommend
>>
I'm getting mildly desperate regarding my eyelashes and am seriously considering a perm. Has anyone had it so far? It sounds like it really depends on the person's experience, so I'm planning to get it done in a place where they've done lots already.

Right now it droops down no matter what i do with curling in the morning and it's so frustrating to not have an open eyed look. The only thing that works somewhat is heat, but that can take a longer time and nobody aint got time for that.
>>
>>9590714
Sorry if I came across as condescending. That totally wasn't my intention.
I was just really curious about how the product went for you since different products work for different people. Go ahead and recommend whatever you want.
>>
>>9590792
I have dead straight, super fine lashes and I just gave up and got lash extensions. Perms here are a similar price ($60-80 for somewhere reputable), last a similar amount of time and don't give me the same look of thickness.
>>
>>9590890
I got lash extensions and loved them, but they require fills every month or sooner and you can't use oil based products around your eyes or run them to harshly. The maitnence kind of outweighed the look, so if I want full lashes I just use falsies.
>>
>>9590890

Extensions here are 250 for the first time in my area. I'm impressed with some outcomes but my colleague with fine lashes looks like she barely has average lashes after lash extensions, and has similar to mine so not sure if I want to spend 250 for something that doesn't show up too much. are lash extensions in your area really that cheap? I'm planning to go back home for whatever lash stuff I need because I don't trust beauty services where I am to be quite frankz
>>
>>9590236
Powder is easier to work with but cream gives a more chiseled effect and can look beautiful if done correctly. I would probably go with powder though if you're more new to makeup!

>>9590540
Before you do foundation or BB cream/whatever. Although if you want maximum coverage, you may want to get a green cream product and set it with the green powder before your base.
>>
>>9590583
Thank you for the link! I had no idea there were any differences between all the different sprays. I guess I'm actually looking for a fixing spray, which is what I ended up getting with the UD All Nighter I just ordered. I don't do many events and just want something that'll prevent my makeup from transferring onto my phone screen when I call someone.
>>
>>9591334
For 1-1 lash extensions here, most places charge $1 per eye per lash including the more upmarket places - I generally get 60-80 lashes per eye and the infills are cheaper because they only have to put 30-odd on each eye each time. I think this is because everyone actually wants 2D-6D (2-6 lashes per eye and a fluffier, finer look) so the prices increment following that. 2D is generally $100 or so and the "Russian Volume" i.e. 3-6D generally goes up into the $300 region depending on what exactly you get. I guess the area I'm in has a lot of competition as well so it makes it cheaper.
>>
I posted in the previous thread and didn't seem to get an answer so I hope it's alright if I ask again.

I bought a wig for a character that's a silvery blonde color ("victory blonde" from Arda). While I do have a bit of a tan from the summer, I generally have more medium (olive ish) toned skin. In terms of undertones I'd say I'm more warm? (sometimes I feel like I'm neutral but other times I feel warm?) When I put the wig on it makes me look kinda orange and pink and just basically more tan than I usually look.

I've seen that Japanese skin whitening cream/makeup stuff people use for cosplay, is that something worth trying or should I just color correct and experiment with a lighter foundation shade? the character I'm cosplaying is pretty much covered completely (long dress and boots, gloves) except for face and neck so thats really the only area I'd need to "fix". I'm not necessarily looking to be super ultra kawaii pale, just kinda make my skin tone look nice with the wig.
>>
>>9594962
I think a lighter foundation could work depending on if you just need to go a shade or two lighter. Using a fair/white powder could also help.
>>
>>9586890
I have super droopy eyes so mascara or eyeliner that I get on my eyelashes on accident will sometimes smear onto my face when I blink :(
>>
>>9595004
get a facelift, ?
>>
>>9595004
I have very deep set eyes, this happens to me too.

Put your mascara on slowly, keep one eye closed to let the mascara dry before you open your eye fully. Do the same with your eyeliner, don't open your eye all the way until the liner is dry.
Waterproof mascara will stay better than regular and you'll need to find long lasting eye liner (people like Kat Von D's tattoo liner and stila's liner too). Experiment and see what works for you.
>>
>>9595171
sure anon, let her spend thousands of dollarydoos just cause you asked
>>
I'm looking for a new foundation for cosplay, I've tried a few drugstore foundations but I've never been satisfied with the coverage and finish.

Right now I'm between a nice American foundation (Makeup forever ultra hd) and a significantly cheaper Asian one (Tonymoly Face Mix Skin Foundation) so my question is should I go for the expensive one that's more likely to be of good quality or do I risk it and try the cheaper one first?

Also if there's something else I should be considering that'd be good to know too.
>>
>>9595977
Your skin type? That's probably the most important thing to consider when purchasing a foundation. You can't just purchase a foundation because it's more expensive and expect it to work well with your skin.
>>
>>9596005
I have taken that into consideration, I have combination (but mostly dry) and afaik the more expensive one is good for that type, but I'm not sure about the other one.
>>
>>9595977
For cosplay, if you're looking for a korean/affordable foundation I'd go with the etude house double lasting foundation. A lot of online stores sell sample packs that can help you shade match and try it out. It has really good staying power and coverage.
>>
>>9595977
More information about what you're looking for in a foundation would be helpful. What kind of coverage are you looking for ideally? Light, medium, heavy? Are you looking to mask imperfections in the skin or just even out skin tone? What kind of finish? Matte, dewy, satin, just a powder? What left you dissatisfied in the past with coverage and finish? What is your skin type? Tone and undertone? What type of foundation do you want - a liquid, cream, stick?

All good questions to consider. I would highly recommend going to Sephora to try the Makeup Forever foundation in person or ask for a sample to try it out before you buy it. If you ask a worker Sephora can give you a sample of pretty much anything, and you might want to grab samples of other foundations too if you aren't sure what you want.

Based off what you said in >>9596099, you might want to try a liquid foundation with a satin finish. (But, feel free to play around with different types and finishes) In general foundations aren't necessarily going to cover up every little imperfection in your skin either so you may also need to consider getting concealer and color correctors as well for any problem areas you might have, for example, dark under-eye circles. Expensive vs. cheap doesn't necessarily mean one will be better than the other - everybody's skin is different and foundations have so many different formulas, so different things will work for different people and there's a lot more factors to consider rather than just geographic location and price. IMO you will get a much nicer product when it comes to foundation when you go more for higher-end brands versus drugstore, so I do think it is worth investing in.

All of that said though, I'm definitely a believer that starting with good skin will help your makeup the best. I don't know what your current skincare regimen is like, but things like properly moisturized and hydrated skin can give you a great boost to your foundation.
>>
I know it's not exactly trendy right now, but does anyone have any cool blue themed eye palettes they could recommend?
>>
How do I make eyeshadow last for longer than a goddamn hour?
>>
>>9598442
Primer and a setting spray. And having a coat of white before applying the desired colours.
>>
File: FdkjOJ5NxD.png (406 KB, 500x519)
406 KB
406 KB PNG
Uploading tutorials that nobody asked for. These are korean i think.
>>
File: fyuLkpEKRQ.png (179 KB, 286x400)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
>>9599055
>>
>>9590737
Do you use waterproof mascara? If it flakes in your eye it feels similar. Solution: stop rubbing your eyes.
>>
>>9598442
It sounds like you might have to wash your eyelids when you wash your face, doing that before using your primer and/or setting spray can help a lot.
>>
Still relatively new to makeup. Up until recently I've been using a dry/pencil eyeliner and then I bought Dollywink liquid eyeliner after watching a specific character makeup tutorial. It seems like for the first couple of minutes of use it works quite well and then all of a sudden it seems to not quite darken as it did (could also just be me). Am I just retarded or is dollywink notorious for this kind of thing
>>
>>9600139
Never tried dollywink myself (I think some people say it's very pigmented) but you do need to store liquid pen liners with the tip down to keep the pigmentation consistent. Also if you're using it for minutes on end then maybe it's just taking a while for the ink to diffuse into the tip so maybe you should cap it and leave it for a bit and then see if the pigmentation improves.
>>
>>9600139
I literally just opened a dolly wink liner that I bought a year ago and I don't have that problem, in fact I think it's more pigmented than the Love Liner and Heroine Liner that I had been using before that. I do my eyeliner pretty quickly though so maybe >>9600143 is onto something?
>>
>>9600264
Of those three liners, which has the best staying power?
>>
>>9600274
I've never had a problem with any of them not lasting, desu, I like them all. Dolly Wink is probably my current favorite because I think it's the most opaque. But if you're looking for something that will stick to your face through the apocalypse, Etude House's liner has been the best for me. It's just that it has kind of a weird, sticky texture until it dries down completely, so if you have hooded eyes or something it can transfer, but once it's on it's there to stay. It's also kind of hard to get off.
>>
File: palette.jpg (37 KB, 640x480)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>9597403
this one is from hard candy
>>
Does anyone know a good long lasting liquid lipstick in a shade of bright green? Like alien or lime green shades please.
Nyx Out of this World is too dark, if that helps color wise.
>>
>>9600838
Limecrime Alien or Jeffree Star Venus Flytrap

Both brands are controversial though. Just two I could think of off the top of my head.
>>
>>9600838
Makeup Monsters' Zombabe
>>
>>9600838
Ofra's Hawaii Tropical
>>
Anyone can reccomend tutorials on using make up to change your face shape like Alyson Tabbitha?

I love her work but she still has only the three tutorial videos up and I'd love to get some more practice.

By myself I'm still at that point where I'm too heavy handed and end up just making myself old by layering too many colors.
>>
File: IMG_9924.jpg (74 KB, 736x736)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
How does one get their eyeshadow blended perfectly and smooth like this? I'm so frustrated by it. I've tried different products, and priming my eyelids with all different types of methods, and they look okay now but never this smooth. My brushes aren't crazy expensive but they aren't bad either. Can someone please help? I'll post a pic of where I'm at now if that will help.
>>
>>9601486
I'm going to assume there's some photoshop/camera/lighting tricks going on here. Alot of the time pictures like this look so nicely because they're on camera and they look not so good in person.
>>
>>9601486
Are you blending with a clean fluffy brush no product?
>>
can anyone recommend a good glitter eyeshadow palette?
>>
>>9601486
Seconding a clean fluffy brush like >>9601500 said. Even so, that photo you posted (and probably just about any other you see like this) will be heavily photoshopped to smooth skin, lengthen eyelashes, etc. Don't beat yourself up about it.
May also be worth noting that clean, healthy skin around your eyes will make a huge difference too. Staying hydrated and getting good sleep, plus having a decent skincare routine will also help.
>>
I usually have clear skin and wanted to start wearing makeup more but using a liquid foundation made me break out a bit with cystic acne. Because of that I don't really want to wear foundation, but what is a good daily makeup wear besides that?

Would filled brows, mascara, and eyeliner be enough?
>>
anyone have a good BJD-style make tutorial?
>>
>>9594962
I'm really into the Panda's Dream Magic White Cream at the moment. It looks horrendous when you first put it on, but once it sinks in it becomes very natural and flattering (at least on my NW20 skin).
>>
>>9602120
I've found that using eyeshadow without a base looks kinda weird on me. I can do brows, mascara and a natural gloss/lipstick without base, but if I want to do more with my eyes or whatever, it looks a bit out of place. Here's what I do.

I don't use foundation since it emphasizes my texture, which isn't perfect. Instead I use concealer where I need it, which is mostly dark circles, cheeks, around the base of my nose and on the sides of my mouth. I only apply a little and blend out with fingers or sponge. This gives me a perfected look without having to deal with foundation making my skin look like the surface of the moon. I also use a skin coloured setting powder. The coverage it gives is negligible, but it also makes it look like I have more of a "full face" on.
>>
File: sohogloss.png (123 KB, 292x411)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
I'd like to find some dupes for this. Not much of a lip gloss person myself (I own a grand total of 1 atm) but this kind of dark red would look great over a darker matte lipstick that I have for a cosplay.

If you've personally used what you're recommending and can attest to its quality, then all the better.
>>
>>9602019
The Too Faced Glitter Bomb palette might be good, but I'd say no matter what you buy . . . get a glitter glue with it. Glitter shadows generally tend to have poor payoff/fallout without it.
>>
>>9602019

Supposedly Jouer's skinny dip palette is good, if that is still available. Urban decay's moondust palette is oft cited too, but echoing>>9602970 that you need a good glitter glue to make it stick (like all glitter eyeshadows).
>>
>>9602905
Haven't tried them, but maybe Maybelline lip laquer in Retro, or Covergirl gel lipstick in Rasberry Gelly? Both have decent reviews
>>
>>9602970
>>9602973
Thank you so much! and I had no idea about glitter glue so that's really helpful too. Unfortunately it looks like the Australian stores aren't stocking it until September so a bit of a wait.
>>
>>9603002
The shade Classic in that Maybelline collection would actually be a better match, since it's also a burgundy, whereas Retro is purple.

Also, that line of Covergirl lipsticks doesn't have any burgundy shades at all, and the one you suggest is . . . purple.

Does the Sephora gloss look purple on your monitor, anon? It's burgundy on mine.
>>
>>9604163
Sorry, yeah, I thought it looked kind of purpley
>>
Any recommendations for a good site to get circle lenses? A trusted site and one's for those /badeyesight/

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.