[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: o0480036013321835351.jpg (53 KB, 480x360)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
Post people with a lolita-related job. Have you ever met any and talked business with them?
>>
Yeah I live in NYC and there's actually a whole office on Wall Street of Lolitas who work in finance. They tell me they got into it to fund their brand and it just took off. It's very professional and I have talked a lot of business with them.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Sayaka Kanda is my fave lolita model though it's not her main job, she also wears casual and sweet in her free time
>>
>>9610263
shes living the dream
>>
>>9611996
Details?
>>
File: misakoinscrubs.jpg (54 KB, 480x640)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>9610259
Damn. That is the dream.

Oh, I remember Misako said that she got into nursing because they had aired ER in Japan. She got caught up in medical drama and thought that she'd like to be a nurse from then on.

Man, I wish that the scrubs were this cute in the U.S. They always run so big and have unflattering cuts.
>>
>>9610259
I have a job where my boss likes lolita and encourages me to wear it.

The problem is that I dont own enough to wear it every single day and I'm also afraid of ruining brand so I only wear BL or off brand. Usually I just end up wearing general jfash. Does anyone do the same or have advice on burando at work?
>>
>>9612005
Oh, fuck, I misread OP's post. For some reason, I thought it had to do with lolitas having professional lives.

On a second note, I wish I was the selling type and passed the series 65 exam. I just want to make bank and wear brand.
>>
File: lolitainanutshell.jpg (23 KB, 437x261)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>9612005
>tfw studying to be a nurse

medicine is the way to go for burando

What's cool about scrubs tho is that you don't have to worry about putting together an outfit everyday
Are there any gulls out there working in the medical field?
>>
>>9612016
I'm in the lab. I agree it's the way to go for getting money, but it's easy to get fucked with crazy hours. I only just got into a more sane position.

Btw if anyone wants to buy the scrubs Misako's been modelling, here's the site.

http://www.style-ist.jp/shop/c/c30/
>>
>>9610259
>>9612011
What kind of finance do they work in?
>>
>>9612016
>>9612031
I work in x-ray, mostly night shifts. Its draining sometimes, but the money's good.

I use to care about owning & wearing cute scrubs, but now I just use OR greens the hospital provides and money saved goes towards burando.
>>
>>9612003
cathycat, she lives in japan, gets to go to all the exclusive lolita events, gets to be interviewed for all sorts of international media and gets to interview lolita models and designers on her youtube because she fluently speaks japanese and english
>>
>>9612031
>>9612047
Good to know!!

it must be nice having such good jobs!
if you don't mind me asking how old are y'all?
>>
>>9612006

I wear IW on a near daily basis. You can pick up the plainer items that nobody likes because they don't stand out at meetups for much, much cheaper if you keep an eye on the secondhand markets, especially the Japanese ones. The plain-ness is a good bonus, even if you switch jobs and the new boss doesn't like you being a daily ice cream cake, IW is so toned down you can usually get away with looking like a respectable librarian anyhow.

The biggest difference with Bodyline is the fabric quality of IW. My oldest dress is from 2012 and has had tea and stuff spilled on it, most of it came right out with plain machine washing (in a delicates laundry bag, of course). It's old, limp and has micro snags -- but the fabric still looks so good no one knows how much I actually abuse the dress, or that it's five years old.

I used to wear a couple of Bodyline dresses with the same frequency, but two years in, family and friends started asking if I'll change out of "that old thing" before we go out to somewhere nice, so I put the Bodyline dresses in a recycle bin. The IW has literally given me double the amount of wear than the Bodyline dresses.

Probably hard to switch from Bodyline/offbrand/general jfash to a full IW closet if you're impatient and want everything now, instantly, but considering you already have a wardrobe of Bodyline and jfash that you're already wearing, you could simply switch to buying a few IW pieces instead of ten new offbrand pieces per year.
>>
>>9612006
I wear lolita regularly to work and my boss and coworkers love it. It's mostly classic in dark colors because I'm paranoid about stains, I keep my lighter pieces for off days.
>>
>>9612064
Too bad she's got a screeching weeb voice and dresses like shit in the dregs of sales
>>
>>9612229
I kind of agree, her channel and voice is annoying and cringy. But I would have her represent the west over any other lolita, Japanese fawn over her, she's actually fluent and her face ain't uggo. It's the best we can hope for honestly.
>>
>>9612229
>>9612239
I think she's really sweet and her voice doesn't bother me that much.
>But I would have her represent the west over any other lolita
Also this. She seems chill and there is no drama surrounding her.
>>
>>9612229
I only hate her try-hard english voice. I still enjoy watching her videos. It feels like the western community and the japanese community are more connected because of people like her. Still prefer her tpo VenusAngelic and all these other wapanese.
>>
>>9612327
>try-hard english voice
what do you mean by that? t. non-native English speaker
>>
>>9612332
Nayrt but she sounds really phony when she is hyping things in English. It feels like she's trying to sell me something in an infomercial. Once I found out that her native language is German, I started to understand why it sounded so forced and I cut her more slack now. I think the issue is that she's so fluent that people can't place her accent and it falls into the uncanny valley.

Her profile is stunning and imo she's gotten better at coords in her latest vids.
>>
>>9612332
It sounds so fake and forced, like she's forcing herself to be high-pitched and trying to sound more interesting and bubbly. Simply not natural at all.

>>9612340
Even if her mother tongue is german, there is no need to force a fake voice like that. Now that I know this, as a german I can't understand that.
>>
Still in school so it's not my final career or anything, but I work front of house at a very upscale sushi restaurant and ever since she found out I wear it my boss encourages me to lolita at work (as long as I stay away from busy prints).
>>
>>9612064
Her Japanese is nothing special. I can speak just as well and am nowhere near as annoying. I've attended a few events with her, and her constantly filming was almost as annoying as her voice.
The reason people like her make it big is because they don't have the social awareness and shame to realize how cringy they are.
>>
>>9612239
>Japanese fawn over her
They cringe. But Japan has such a superiority complex, they love it when foreigners embarrass themselves
>>
>>9612372
>ayy
I also work in a Japanese restaurant and my boss encourages me to wear lolita. I can wear whatever I want, and it's nice.
I just started a new 9-5 day job and haven't worn lolita there yet. but everyone knows about my poofy fashion hobby and expect me to bust it out any day now
>>
>>9612345
Actually your voice can naturally change when you speak a foreign language
>>
>>9612375
Awesome, this is what the thread is for. Not to talk about your normie jobs like it's something special.
>>
>>9612229
She got so upset about Kera stopping and said to support Japanese brands... but wears Taobao fakes and shit from Romwe
>>
>>9612674
do you have pics of her wearing fakes? maybe she felt guilty about it later and thats why it upset her so
>>
>>9610245
Who are those people?
>>
>>9612067
I'm 25 and I've been in the field for almost 3 years now.
>>
>>9612067
27, been working as a tech for about a year now.

The scrub brand Koi makes some cute stuff (+ has some Tokidoki prints), but I find they're slightly more expensive. Super comfy clothes to work in tho.
>>
>>9612680
nice b8
>>
>>9612680
If you're a lolita, you should be ashamed.
>>
>>9612765
>>9612784
I'm just not into sweet
>>
>>9612400
You have just explained japan in a nutshell. They like to see people embrass themselves. That why its hard to trust their opinion.
>>
>>9610245
Still can't tell who they are and reverse image search didn't help
>>
>>9613283
I'm a hardcore classic snob and I know who these people are. Get your shit together man.
>>
>>9612680
>>9617080
>being this new
>>
>>9617117
>>9617123
How do you expect me to find out lol. I'm starting to think you don't know all of them or you're afraid to give the wrong answer.
>>
>>9612016
Where do you live that the money's good as a nurse? Britfag here and the money's infamously shit, especially considering the long unsociable hours.
>>
>>9617394
I suppose no one has answered your question yet because they don't want to spoonfeed you and because it's off topic to the thread but just to get this out of the way: Maki (left) and Asuka (right)
>>
>>9617410
US, probably. Nurses get paid relatively well here. It's like getting a comp sci degree in terms of need and pay
>>
>>9617419
So who is the one in the middle? How is it spoonfeeding if there's no other way to find the answer? Did you want me to search for every Japanese sweet lolita and try to recognise the right persons from that picture?
>>
>>9617438
It's just a bit baffling that you wouldn't know who they are considering how well known they are in lolita in general; and no, this isn't just a sweet lolita thing, it's about as baffling as girls who don't know who Mana is.
As for the girl in the middle, from the thumbnail I thought it was Misako but if it is her then this might be the most awkward looking shot of her in existence.
>>
>>9617445
It isn't Misako. Mana has a recognizable, almost iconic look. If I've seen the AP designers before they didn't leave a lasting impression.
>>
>>9617419
>because it's off topic
Actually this thread is to talk about people with a lolita-related job, not nursing or your local wages

>>9617438
It's Sayaka Kanda, the most relevant person there
>>
Could you girls hold the salt just a little ?
>>
Are there any videos of the interviews with designers at SFE? Especially with Yuko Ando at Omnia Vanitas. Or anywhere I can read them?
>>
>>9617773
No. Why are there so many attention whores on this board that just want to talk about themselves?
>>
>>9610259
Are they running a boiler room? LOL

I've been thinking about getting into finance recently. Wall Street is not for me because of my credentials, but I want to get my hands on finance.
>>
>>9612340
haha have you ever listened to Heidi Klum speak english on project runway? I feel like cathy's voice is like that...
>>
>>9612327
The difference between her fake kawaii English voice and her Japanese voice are night and day
>>
>>9612180
I definitely dream of an IW wardrobe for work . I love all of their solid pieces. I usually see them for quite high prices but maybe it's cause I'm not looking in the right places. Good to know it lasts longer than BL.
>>
>>9618928
What ircs me the most abt cathy is not her voice, because I'm German and when I have to switch among english nd Japanese my voice will also do stuff like hers if I'm not careful enough to keep up my fake british accent.

Anyway, the 'problem' is not her voice, but the fact that she's in the fashion for half an eternity and yet dresses like a friggin ita all the time. She's one of those who can let burando look ita.

Other than that, idk she might be really nice as there's no drama around her. And she must be so.old that her former German comm might already all be out of the fashion
>>
>>9618982
She's an ita because she really likes decora more.
Would any lolita worth their salt actually support Anime Matsuri? She has zero connection and little to no knowledge of the lolita commmunity
>>
>>9619043
She's just out there for the lovely $$$ desu
>>
>>9617472
>almost iconic
>almost
It IS iconic.
Why don't newfags have respect for the great Mana-sama.
>>
>>9624986
Honestly, I fear that this and the next generations of lolitas really lack a lot of the cultural background and knowledge of lolita and its origins. It's fine not to be into that sort of thing, but it seems weird that so many people just don't know or care. When I was a newbie in only 2012, my friends and I all loved to read or hear about old events, gossip, etc. on LJ and from older members. Part of it was that that was a lot of what we had. It seems like most of that is gone, now. Maybe this was just my comm, though.
>>
>>9624991
Joking aside, I definitely agree. I got into lolita at the tail end of 2011, but when I first started I felt like I could never get enough information. I always wanted more. I loved hearing about past events, the influencers, the trends, everything and anything.

The lolita community kind of reminds me of how the goth community is now.
>>
>>9610259
>nobody in this entire thread appreciating this for the wonderful piece of sarcasm it is
>>
>>9624991
Same with not caring about the origins, and what Japanese lolitas, artists and designers think
>>
>>9625282
Because it was dumb
>>
>>9624991
It's like this in my comm too. All the new girls only care about the shiniest, flashiest AP print that they can't actually afford and wear the fashion once or twice a year for events in which they'll be photographed in half assed coords because they don't care to put an actual effort into their appearance. There were always itas and girls who couldn't be bothered about aesthetics in the community but it seems like now it's a lot more common.
>>
What's the most interesting designers have told you? (in interviews online, at events etc)
>>
>>9612064
lol those events aren't exclusive. you just have to know enough Japanese to find out when they are happening and then just show up.
>>
>>9612680
boi I haven't been in lolita for a year and even I recognized them
do your homework lol
>>
>>9612229
I gotta agree, I've tried so hard to support her channel but I just can't stand her voice and the overall presentation, just can't do it
>>
>>9628621
You mean you recognised two out of three right? What if I told you not every lolita is interested in the same brands and people?
>>
>>9628633
>What if I told you not every lolita is interested in the same brands and people?
What if I told you that this is basic, common knowledge if you know anything about the history of the fashion, regardless of your preferred style?
>>
>>9628705
I just don't think they are relevant to lolitas who don't wear sweet or dislike AP, and I don't know why they would be part of lolita history. I don't see anyone acting shocked for not recognising a lolita model or mistaking her for Misako of all people?
>>
how hard is it to get a job in a lolita brand company? like other than knowing japanese, what other requirements are there to it??
>tfw a visual arts major dreaming of a fashion design gig in a lolita brand
>>
>>9629151
I don't know how hard it is but moitie and jane marple were looking for someone who can do graphic design for the longest time
>>
>>9629151
Oh and I think they would worry you would leave and wouldn't help you with your visa
>>
File: triplefortune_BY8PHUMgQXa.jpg (381 KB, 1080x1080)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
Anyone know who they are, besides kaie and babi?
>>
>>9610245
This is perhaps the most horrifying photo of... well all of them. Flash does terrible terrible things.
>>
>>9629151
Unfortunately Japanese labor culture is very much focused on Japanese nationals and not on giving jobs to dirty foreigners that a Japanese person can do. So it's virtually impossible to get a design type job where you are part of the inner circle. They don't trust you not to leave and they don't believe you'd mesh with the work culture of staying until 10pm every night. And they won't want to go to the trouble of getting you a work visa. If you marry a Japanese person, there is no longer the visa problem, but they still will probably relegate you to part time job roles like international shipping person or shop girl, both with very low wages. Most people in Japan need to support themselves so these part time/low wage/no visa jobs just aren't practical.
>>
>>9629151
Japanese work culture is very different from US work culture (where I assume you're from). Like for starters, most professional companies assume you'll dedicate your entire life to them, that's why some people are saying they'd be afraid of you leaving. It's not like some cutesy part-time contract gig you'll be getting in the states with your type of major (no offense). You're very unlikely to get a serious design job for a Japanese brand if you're not Japanese.
>>
>>9629585
>>9629752
>Mic drop
>>
>>9629486
The older ladies look asian. 1 younger woman looks philipno. The rest are white women? Edited to look asian?
>>
>>9634088
No
>>
>>9634088
>philipno
anon
>>
>>9634088
triple fortune nigger

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.