[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 81 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: winningon4chan.png (995 KB, 507x668)
995 KB
995 KB PNG
WE ARE WINNING edition

prev thread here
>>9607974
>>
>>9622854
last time on britthread AL gose full north korea
>>
>>9622863
what are you talking about
THERE WERE MANY ATTENDING ALCON
ALL WAS FINE
NO MORE QUESTIONS
>>
>>9622865
>>9622863
>>9622854
you people need help
alcon was great and I really enjoyed it
>>
>>9622865
wtf alcon was great
why do you keep shitposting about it
>>
>>9622870
>>9622874
these guys kno whats up
>>
>>9622854

Is this where we come to talk about Alcon? Best con in years even if there wasn't an orgy.
>>
>>9622884
was that A PARTIALLY NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

BANHAMMER
>>
everyone is saying they were deleting feedback, but they were only deleting shit feedback shitting on crew members as one of them called one crew member a fat lazy ogre which is a bit out of order ngl
>>
File: 1504087393239.jpg (32 KB, 278x400)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>9622903
Shit feedback?
They deleted most with any major criticism
A minor offence doesn't invalidate an entire multi paragraph long set of points

Towers begone
>>
Fuck off Towers, your con is shit-tier.
>>
Towers needs to stop
>>
>>9622903
A disabled attendee got denied parking because he didn't "look disabled" and when he left feedback saying exactly which staff member it was that said it to him he was banned and his post was deleted.

That's pretty fucking disgusting if you ask me :/
>>
oh god no https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28Pzjj99mbI
>>
>>9622844
Fuck me that garnered some big keks, nice one
>>
I like how the Brit thread went from everyone talking to how great Kitacon is to only some people talking about how shit ALcon is.
>>
>>9623059
>Everyone goes kita
>It's good, everyone praises

>Some go to Al
>It's shit, we all gather round and shit on it

?!?!?
>>
>>9623059
There was actually over a hundred posts about how bad ALcon was. Towers just deleted them all.
>>
>>9623113
Calling bulol shit n that anon sorry. There's only about 125 replies including responses from MT and the mods
>>
File: アヘアヘ.jpg (258 KB, 1003x1024)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>9621646
Deecon, anyone else going? I'm cosplaying Karamatsu during the day and wearing this beaut for the after party
>>
>>9623237
I agree 100 is probably too many but would deleted posts count to total?
>>
>>9623443
Got this but coloured. Top kek shirt
>>
>>9623443
>>9623458
w2c?
>>
But did anyone here actually go to alcon
>>
>>9623498
I did.
>>
>>9623237
I meant in the Brit thread. That's what the anon I'm replying to was on about. I was being sarcastic, guess I should have been more clear.
>>
Alcon is normally tolerable but even long term attendees were shitting over this one. Total shit tier even by their own low standards.

Don't even get me started on their fucking dealers room, the amount of bootlegs and art theft merch was horrifying. Why they don't curate their dealers applications like Kita and Ame do I don't know. If I wanted that shit I'd go to an MCM event.
>>
I remember one year Alex Baker took his boss' bootleg stall to Ame and didn't get thrown out. V disappointed but dealer head apologised and said they're never coming back

Compare this to fucking alcon where every stall in that hallway was selling stolen art printed on merch

Wait, can't compare, negative feedback is not permitted
>>
>>9623705
Also I saw one of the ame organisers, not the dealer room girl, telling Alex to remove all the bootleg crap. Alex handed the guy a phone and the guy told his boss the same. Was pretty funny! I had to wander a bit to not look too obvious, but I wasn't missing that shit for the world.
>>
>>9624512
I think they got hit by trading standards at May Expo as well, by all accounts it was hilarious.
>>
>>9624617
I always miss that stuff at MCM, I normally arrive and it's already happened, I wish there was some way to find out when it's going to happen, so I could watch. I like to watch bootleggers getting their ass handed to them.
>>
>>9623521
not you towers
>>
will mcm london have anything good outside eurocosplay or will it be another 7 hiurs of westernshit every day in the auditorium.

not sure if its worth spending almost 20 quid a day to stay in london for this shit
>>
Thank god I'm too old for Michael's Wild Ride.
>>
Any one going to Northampton comic con next weekend? First con, going solo to oogle the trade stalls and see if I can find any cool weeb robot stuff.

Any tips or people who want to exchange contact info and oogle robots together?
>>
>>9622969
As someone who has an invisible disability they should have some way to prove it. You have a disabled parking badge if you need disabled parking. Other wise any fat fuck could claim to be disabled and park any where
>>
>>9623630
I spent some time in the Alcon chat room a few years back. Left after I saw how fucking stupid everyone there was.

>Female regular comes in upset
>Gets tons of attention for it
>Says she's sleeping on her mother's couch now
>Everyone throws a pity party
>Ask why
>Left boyfriend
>Ask why
>She cheated on him
>Room continues to give her attention and pity

Fucking revolting on all levels.
>>
>>9622903
>one of them called one crew member a fat lazy ogre which is a bit out of order
Let's be real, this is Britain, approximately 79% chance he said that about a literal ogre
>>
>>9625459

yeah i remember seeing stuff like that in the chatroom and if you're not a regular they would hardly talk to you.
>>
guys, I need some advice. I've been going to conventions since 2012 and i only started cosplaying last year (i normally go to MCM London and Hyper Japan). Is there any good conventions you'd recommend to me? I would love to go to a conventions with parties in it.
>>
>>9625493
Any residential convention that is not run by Anime League. If you want parties Kitacon or Amecon are your best bet though it looks like Hibanacon might be taking a stab on their first run so could be worth a shot.
>>
>>9625531

yeah im thinking of going to Kupocon, Amecon, cosxpo and hopefully Kitacon in 2019. Im also going to an American con since i really want to experience partying at a con.

Im always kinda worried about going to a con that is starting for the first time, so im just going to wait and see how Hibanacon goes.
>>
>>9625531
>>9625562
Don't know if this worked for just me, but I found Minami to be the most mature out of all of the UK fan cons. Had little to do with the attendees but of the committee and how it operated on a different level.

However, when I went it did feel a little like the regulars and the committee (despite acknowledging the other cons) liked to keep to themselves.
>>
>>9625708

I never heard about that con before but i will search up more about it
>>
>>9625719
Minami, in Southampton, has been the longest running UK fan con, going on for over 20 years now.

Btw, when I said 'keep to themselves', I didn't mean that nastily; I work as a gopher one year and they were lovely people; very considerate to everyone, unlike one insular organisation we all love to hate.
>>
>>9625720

im shocked im part of the facebook group even though i had no idea about it. Is it normally in March? it might be a bit hard for me to get down there for a Con when im studying in a university up in the midlands
>>
>>9623458
I saw a dude wearing one of these at Kita Registration, all I could think was "What an amazing shirt that you can only wear in this specific and exact type of event.. I kind of want one."
>>
>>9625531
Looking forwards to seeing how Hibanacon rolls out, it looks promising but so does everything when they talk a big game like that. How many tickets did they say they had hoping to sell?

I'd give it a go but Milton Keynes is an absolute fuck to get to, I'd be taking three trains and a bus in a 5-7 hour commute to end up not far from where I started. It would literally be quicker to ride on a bike. Might try for it next year if I hear good things.
>>
>>9625888
I got in a fight at MCM with a gopher when I wore it there, tried to not let me in the hall as they kept saying it was indecent but when I asked them to find anything explicit on the t-shirt they could only say "you know what I mean". Eventually another gopher took them away.
>>
>>9625899
It's in the middle of the only area of Milton Keynes that still has night life. It's going to be a shit show of normies friday and Saturday.
>>
>>9625216
CCCC Qualifiers on Sunday
>>
what's the next big convention people are going to? london mcm or is there one before that?
>>
>>9628239
I suppose there's Scotland MCM before it
>>
>>9628239
Amecon. Can't be trusting new cons after gemu.
>>
>>9628239

I'm skipping MCM London so im going to MCM Birmingham instead
>>
>>9628565
I'm still so hurt over Gemu
>>
>>9628674
ocarinas everywhere
>>
>>9628674
>>9628565
Was Gemu that small 100-300 ticket con that jumped on the Warwick site and thought that alone would bring them up to the big boys and sell 1500+ Tickets?
>>
>>9629229
It was also the one with cupcakegate.
>>
>>9629340
oh gee remind me of that again?
>>
ECG qualifiers next weekend - any good progress from potential entries?
>>
Does anyone even know who's entered in ECG?
>>
>>9629568
Amazonian probably
>>
>>9629568
Look at the last thread, a few were listed
>>
>>9629492
Saw some girl i hadn't heard of on instagram making miss peregrine for it, Ross is of course entering, last year's group runner ups will be entering no doubt
>>
>>9629717
I doubt it, one of them is doing Eurocosplay this year so it's unlikely she'd go for both in the same year.
>>
>>9629743
to qualify for group ecg you dont need to be good quality though, just look at previous years. they only get about 3 groups entering, so they could easily do the qualifiers then eurocos next month
>>
>>9629461
Oh hell, I want to know this too, think i missed it.
>>
>>9630018
I got my cupcake at Gemu
>>
>>9629461
>>9630018
>Give out cupcakes to everyone who attends
>Think this is a good idea
>It isn't
>Cupcakes smashed and smeared everywhere
>Icing completely covering the handrails
>Huge fucking mess over the entire hotel

There's probably some further horror I'm not aware of.
>>
>be in manch
>kinda want to go to london mcm
>30quid by bus but its 6hrs. 160 for train for 2.5 hrs
>end up in the middle of london completely lost and confused cause of the absolute shit train system that costs 5x more than any first world
>spend like 170 on a hostel from thurs till mon
>assuming i even find one remotely near
>get gouged extra

whys london gotta suck so much, i think ill just wait for the paris one on july 2018
>>
>>9630540
Megabus is like £7 from Manchester to London my friend
>>
>>9629568
Emi is doing a group I think with Lauren, I saw someone entering solo with a Bloodbourne cosplay
>>
What're we allowed to talk about in the discord? I honestly thought it was just for general chat but someone really super duper wanted it to be about actual cosplay. I honestly thought it was a place to be a massive autist
>>
>>9631670
Anything. The anon who made it is the only moderator. They've said they don't give a fuck and have no desire to ban/kick anyone.
>>
>>9631670
>but someone really super duper wanted it to be about actual cosplay
ehhhhhhhhhhh?
>>
Anyone done Plymouth Devcon before?
Any good? Much cosplay?
>>
>>9631670
I don't get why they don't just make a new channel for cosplay talk. Then you can have the best of both worlds.
>>
File: 1505410853396.jpg (98 KB, 576x768)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>9630540
>I travel across country and pay no more than £60 (6+hours and several changes)

>London should NEVER cost more than 12 a day for tube unless you are a mong who cant work a simple system

>If you can't read the map literally Google or ask someone working there, they all help

>Why would you stay Thurs to Mon? But desu that's not an unreasonable cost for that many days, grow a pair you pussy or roomshare

All in all, your complaints are either your own stupidity or your own dumb
>>
File: 1505437430442.jpg (76 KB, 600x782)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>9631670
Nobody was like that

People only really asked for it to go back on topic when it went full /Pol/
And that's pretty fair imo
>>
>>9632459
It only got shit when it went politics really
Every other area was fine
>>
>>9632880
Agreed, there's only like two proper """"redpilled""""" autists in there and it's not like it's hard to ignore them. Everyone else is a lad
>>
>>9628631
Birmingham con's nicer than London anyway if you ignore the multiple inflatable minions they love to put up all over the place.
>>
>>9632881
The only thing worse than people posting about politics is people complaining about people talking about politics. Don't be that guy.
>>
>>9633067
Inflatable minions will only get more common at MCM now that Universal bought the con.
>>
>>9633157

lol Universal pump money into MCM for marketing but I'm sure that's that same as being bought ;)
>>
>>9633141

Got no problem with it normally

It's just in a chat of 20-30 online at any time, 2-4 were monopolising it with shit nobody really cares about

Hate to say it, but you guys were the spergs this time
>>
>>9633352
Name and shame shitters.
>>
What's the discord then eh?
>>
>>9633352
Only 8-9 of those people ever actually post. If you don't post, don't expect anyone to care about your opinion.

anyway, everyone knows the true purpose of the discord is the exchange and discussion of initial d memes
>>
Eugh
>>
>>9634015
Nice Fat Bastard cosplay, always nice to see another Austin Powers fan.

I'd comment it on the pic but I have the nasty fuck blocked.
>>
>>9633157
WAIT Universal owns MCM now?
>>
>>9634141

People really will believe anything won't they...
>>
Can someone post the discord and kik group

I wanna get pissed with some weebs at mcm
>>
>>9634015
why share that here? :(
>>
>>9634321
so we know what he looks like when he tries to harass/molest us
>>
File: IMG_7643.jpg (65 KB, 480x480)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
So where do you folks typically go for MCM drinks? The fox? Been half a dozen times but my non alchie friends bail at that point
>>
>>9634206
>>9633799
https://discord.gg/JjadjRV
>>
>>9634536
room party or bust
>>
>>9634536
>>9634914
Room party? With the hotel literally sounding the fire alarm at 2am to flush out the room stuffers? Unlikely m80. Drink in the Novotel until 10 or so then retire to a local mate's house to continue the party until the wee hours, that's the patrician MCM experience.
>>
>>9634914
Tfw never gone to a room party
>>
Anyone at EGX today? Been looking at ECG progress and it's good, though Emi and Lauren seem to have left it to last minute as usual
>>
>>9637632
Who's progress have you been following? All I knew was Ross and he dropped out
>>
>>9637665
I follow both Emi and Lauren on Instagram so I've been watching their Instastories of their progress and keeping an eye out on the tag - I've picked up a couple of names such as Queen Yam who I think is entering Cleopatra, and Katielavabug who is entering her Bloodbourne cosplay (I think she also tried for Eurocos but got beat by Kyokyo Cosplay)

Obvs Amazonian is entering, but these are all solos, I'm not completely sure of any groups apart from one with Nes Proxy and Thestarlightfairy
>>
>>9637668
Haven't heard of half of those. Who has nice progress?
>>
>>9637668
I would have thought queen yam was entering it into tomorrow's competition, seeing as assassin's creed are sponsoring the comp
>>
>>9637765
it's possible - she entered ECG a couple of years ago as Killi so I wouldn't be surprised either way
>>
>>9637759
Nes Proxy and Thestarlightfairy have got quite a solid progress going, Katielavabug has put a lot of detail and techniques into her costume so sounds promising, but considering she was beaten in Eurocos by Kyokyo's Thumbelina cosplay you do wonder where it lost marks
>>
>>9634483
Huh, I know this guy, he seems a bit off. Like learning issues off.
>>
So I just found out I have a 3 day weekend over MCM and might go for the 3 days. But if I do I'll have to travel from Southampton on the train each day since the hotels are a stupid price and I'll be on my own. Is it worth doing?
>>
>>9638739
No
>>
File: 1415042663109.png (148 KB, 276x420)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
British cosplayers only

https://discord.gg/F8TJvvm

>yanks? no thanks!
>>
File: BXNjg17IMAEg0Kv.jpg (58 KB, 600x800)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>9638764
>>
>>9633064
Who are they even?
>>
Anyone of you uk fags know what happened to parle productions? All I know is jack and kelly broke up and nyx industries has like 9/10 members from parle in it. I dunno if I should be salty or what
>>
>>9639227
You pretty much said it. Kelly and Jack went their separate ways and then Nyx have been growing since.
>>
So who won at ECG? Anyone there?
>>
>>9639772
Bloodborne won solo.
>>
>>9639772
>>
Anyone go to Thought bubble this weekend?
>>
>>9639227
What's there to be salty about? Most of their stuff was shitty anyway
>>
>>9639805
Its a strong team for the UK. Least we won't have the cra[p of this year. But would've loved to see Amazonion's face when she lost
>>
Kyokyo is doing both Eurocosplay and ECG finals. Solid team and solo.
>>
>>9639858
Shows that we need some more people with talent in our competition circuit. Some new people are popping up but it's usually all the same.
>>
>>9639865
Competitive cosplay has always been and will always be garbage.
>>
>>9639868
K Beth
>>
File: IMG_6732.jpg (316 KB, 1152x1378)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
Have her skills suddenly improved tenfold or is this hambeast back to palming bought cosplays off as her own?
>>
>>9639909
Tenfold
>>
>>9638912
Doesn't matter, but it isn't difficult desu
>>
>>9639881
do you think shell ever give up or will she be 80 and still trying to get that ECG spot
>>
>>9639839
That kelly her friends ran off to another group. Because I've only read on facebook that jack ran off and left her in the house they bought together. They weren't shitty, and doing pretty well popularity wise, even got invited overbroad. But meh matter of opinion I guess.
>>
>>9639852
>>9639852
Should have heard the half hearted "cheers" when she went on stage.

Doesn't matter if you think you're hot shit when you've got no mates.
>>
>>9640045
Don't drink and phone post kids
>>
>>9639865
I haven't even heard of any of them before
>>
>>9640081
Kyokyo and Dewnor are in pretty much every competition. Have you been living under a rock?
>>
>>9640045
I guess thats what happens when you chat shit about everyone and harass comp organizers.
>>
What's the deal with contacts on these isles? I've had people telling me I'll need to see an optician before getting any
>>
>>9640653
Thats standard for most of the West.
>>
>>9640653
That's because in the EU it's illegal not to
>>
>>9640722
This is why we have brexit. Free to go blind on your own terms.
>>
>>9640319

Who's she been harassing now?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.