[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: winningon4chan.png (995 KB, 507x668)
995 KB
995 KB PNG
WE ARE WINNING edition

prev thread here
>>9607974
>>
>>9622854
last time on britthread AL gose full north korea
>>
>>9622863
what are you talking about
THERE WERE MANY ATTENDING ALCON
ALL WAS FINE
NO MORE QUESTIONS
>>
>>9622865
>>9622863
>>9622854
you people need help
alcon was great and I really enjoyed it
>>
>>9622865
wtf alcon was great
why do you keep shitposting about it
>>
>>9622870
>>9622874
these guys kno whats up
>>
>>9622854

Is this where we come to talk about Alcon? Best con in years even if there wasn't an orgy.
>>
>>9622884
was that A PARTIALLY NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

BANHAMMER
>>
everyone is saying they were deleting feedback, but they were only deleting shit feedback shitting on crew members as one of them called one crew member a fat lazy ogre which is a bit out of order ngl
>>
File: 1504087393239.jpg (32 KB, 278x400)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>9622903
Shit feedback?
They deleted most with any major criticism
A minor offence doesn't invalidate an entire multi paragraph long set of points

Towers begone
>>
Fuck off Towers, your con is shit-tier.
>>
Towers needs to stop
>>
>>9622903
A disabled attendee got denied parking because he didn't "look disabled" and when he left feedback saying exactly which staff member it was that said it to him he was banned and his post was deleted.

That's pretty fucking disgusting if you ask me :/
>>
oh god no https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28Pzjj99mbI
>>
>>9622844
Fuck me that garnered some big keks, nice one
>>
I like how the Brit thread went from everyone talking to how great Kitacon is to only some people talking about how shit ALcon is.
>>
>>9623059
>Everyone goes kita
>It's good, everyone praises

>Some go to Al
>It's shit, we all gather round and shit on it

?!?!?
>>
>>9623059
There was actually over a hundred posts about how bad ALcon was. Towers just deleted them all.
>>
>>9623113
Calling bulol shit n that anon sorry. There's only about 125 replies including responses from MT and the mods
>>
File: アヘアヘ.jpg (258 KB, 1003x1024)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>9621646
Deecon, anyone else going? I'm cosplaying Karamatsu during the day and wearing this beaut for the after party
>>
>>9623237
I agree 100 is probably too many but would deleted posts count to total?
>>
>>9623443
Got this but coloured. Top kek shirt
>>
>>9623443
>>9623458
w2c?
>>
But did anyone here actually go to alcon
>>
>>9623498
I did.
>>
>>9623237
I meant in the Brit thread. That's what the anon I'm replying to was on about. I was being sarcastic, guess I should have been more clear.
>>
Alcon is normally tolerable but even long term attendees were shitting over this one. Total shit tier even by their own low standards.

Don't even get me started on their fucking dealers room, the amount of bootlegs and art theft merch was horrifying. Why they don't curate their dealers applications like Kita and Ame do I don't know. If I wanted that shit I'd go to an MCM event.
>>
I remember one year Alex Baker took his boss' bootleg stall to Ame and didn't get thrown out. V disappointed but dealer head apologised and said they're never coming back

Compare this to fucking alcon where every stall in that hallway was selling stolen art printed on merch

Wait, can't compare, negative feedback is not permitted
>>
>>9623705
Also I saw one of the ame organisers, not the dealer room girl, telling Alex to remove all the bootleg crap. Alex handed the guy a phone and the guy told his boss the same. Was pretty funny! I had to wander a bit to not look too obvious, but I wasn't missing that shit for the world.
>>
>>9624512
I think they got hit by trading standards at May Expo as well, by all accounts it was hilarious.
>>
>>9624617
I always miss that stuff at MCM, I normally arrive and it's already happened, I wish there was some way to find out when it's going to happen, so I could watch. I like to watch bootleggers getting their ass handed to them.
>>
>>9623521
not you towers
>>
will mcm london have anything good outside eurocosplay or will it be another 7 hiurs of westernshit every day in the auditorium.

not sure if its worth spending almost 20 quid a day to stay in london for this shit
>>
Thank god I'm too old for Michael's Wild Ride.
>>
Any one going to Northampton comic con next weekend? First con, going solo to oogle the trade stalls and see if I can find any cool weeb robot stuff.

Any tips or people who want to exchange contact info and oogle robots together?
>>
>>9622969
As someone who has an invisible disability they should have some way to prove it. You have a disabled parking badge if you need disabled parking. Other wise any fat fuck could claim to be disabled and park any where
>>
>>9623630
I spent some time in the Alcon chat room a few years back. Left after I saw how fucking stupid everyone there was.

>Female regular comes in upset
>Gets tons of attention for it
>Says she's sleeping on her mother's couch now
>Everyone throws a pity party
>Ask why
>Left boyfriend
>Ask why
>She cheated on him
>Room continues to give her attention and pity

Fucking revolting on all levels.
>>
>>9622903
>one of them called one crew member a fat lazy ogre which is a bit out of order
Let's be real, this is Britain, approximately 79% chance he said that about a literal ogre
>>
>>9625459

yeah i remember seeing stuff like that in the chatroom and if you're not a regular they would hardly talk to you.
>>
guys, I need some advice. I've been going to conventions since 2012 and i only started cosplaying last year (i normally go to MCM London and Hyper Japan). Is there any good conventions you'd recommend to me? I would love to go to a conventions with parties in it.
>>
>>9625493
Any residential convention that is not run by Anime League. If you want parties Kitacon or Amecon are your best bet though it looks like Hibanacon might be taking a stab on their first run so could be worth a shot.
>>
>>9625531

yeah im thinking of going to Kupocon, Amecon, cosxpo and hopefully Kitacon in 2019. Im also going to an American con since i really want to experience partying at a con.

Im always kinda worried about going to a con that is starting for the first time, so im just going to wait and see how Hibanacon goes.
>>
>>9625531
>>9625562
Don't know if this worked for just me, but I found Minami to be the most mature out of all of the UK fan cons. Had little to do with the attendees but of the committee and how it operated on a different level.

However, when I went it did feel a little like the regulars and the committee (despite acknowledging the other cons) liked to keep to themselves.
>>
>>9625708

I never heard about that con before but i will search up more about it
>>
>>9625719
Minami, in Southampton, has been the longest running UK fan con, going on for over 20 years now.

Btw, when I said 'keep to themselves', I didn't mean that nastily; I work as a gopher one year and they were lovely people; very considerate to everyone, unlike one insular organisation we all love to hate.
>>
>>9625720

im shocked im part of the facebook group even though i had no idea about it. Is it normally in March? it might be a bit hard for me to get down there for a Con when im studying in a university up in the midlands
>>
>>9623458
I saw a dude wearing one of these at Kita Registration, all I could think was "What an amazing shirt that you can only wear in this specific and exact type of event.. I kind of want one."
>>
>>9625531
Looking forwards to seeing how Hibanacon rolls out, it looks promising but so does everything when they talk a big game like that. How many tickets did they say they had hoping to sell?

I'd give it a go but Milton Keynes is an absolute fuck to get to, I'd be taking three trains and a bus in a 5-7 hour commute to end up not far from where I started. It would literally be quicker to ride on a bike. Might try for it next year if I hear good things.
>>
>>9625888
I got in a fight at MCM with a gopher when I wore it there, tried to not let me in the hall as they kept saying it was indecent but when I asked them to find anything explicit on the t-shirt they could only say "you know what I mean". Eventually another gopher took them away.
>>
>>9625899
It's in the middle of the only area of Milton Keynes that still has night life. It's going to be a shit show of normies friday and Saturday.
>>
>>9625216
CCCC Qualifiers on Sunday
>>
what's the next big convention people are going to? london mcm or is there one before that?
>>
>>9628239
I suppose there's Scotland MCM before it
>>
>>9628239
Amecon. Can't be trusting new cons after gemu.
>>
>>9628239

I'm skipping MCM London so im going to MCM Birmingham instead
>>
>>9628565
I'm still so hurt over Gemu
>>
>>9628674
ocarinas everywhere
>>
>>9628674
>>9628565
Was Gemu that small 100-300 ticket con that jumped on the Warwick site and thought that alone would bring them up to the big boys and sell 1500+ Tickets?
>>
>>9629229
It was also the one with cupcakegate.
>>
>>9629340
oh gee remind me of that again?
>>
ECG qualifiers next weekend - any good progress from potential entries?
>>
Does anyone even know who's entered in ECG?
>>
>>9629568
Amazonian probably
>>
>>9629568
Look at the last thread, a few were listed
>>
>>9629492
Saw some girl i hadn't heard of on instagram making miss peregrine for it, Ross is of course entering, last year's group runner ups will be entering no doubt
>>
>>9629717
I doubt it, one of them is doing Eurocosplay this year so it's unlikely she'd go for both in the same year.
>>
>>9629743
to qualify for group ecg you dont need to be good quality though, just look at previous years. they only get about 3 groups entering, so they could easily do the qualifiers then eurocos next month
>>
>>9629461
Oh hell, I want to know this too, think i missed it.
>>
>>9630018
I got my cupcake at Gemu
>>
>>9629461
>>9630018
>Give out cupcakes to everyone who attends
>Think this is a good idea
>It isn't
>Cupcakes smashed and smeared everywhere
>Icing completely covering the handrails
>Huge fucking mess over the entire hotel

There's probably some further horror I'm not aware of.
>>
>be in manch
>kinda want to go to london mcm
>30quid by bus but its 6hrs. 160 for train for 2.5 hrs
>end up in the middle of london completely lost and confused cause of the absolute shit train system that costs 5x more than any first world
>spend like 170 on a hostel from thurs till mon
>assuming i even find one remotely near
>get gouged extra

whys london gotta suck so much, i think ill just wait for the paris one on july 2018
>>
>>9630540
Megabus is like £7 from Manchester to London my friend
>>
>>9629568
Emi is doing a group I think with Lauren, I saw someone entering solo with a Bloodbourne cosplay
>>
What're we allowed to talk about in the discord? I honestly thought it was just for general chat but someone really super duper wanted it to be about actual cosplay. I honestly thought it was a place to be a massive autist
>>
>>9631670
Anything. The anon who made it is the only moderator. They've said they don't give a fuck and have no desire to ban/kick anyone.
>>
>>9631670
>but someone really super duper wanted it to be about actual cosplay
ehhhhhhhhhhh?
>>
Anyone done Plymouth Devcon before?
Any good? Much cosplay?
>>
>>9631670
I don't get why they don't just make a new channel for cosplay talk. Then you can have the best of both worlds.
>>
File: 1505410853396.jpg (98 KB, 576x768)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>9630540
>I travel across country and pay no more than £60 (6+hours and several changes)

>London should NEVER cost more than 12 a day for tube unless you are a mong who cant work a simple system

>If you can't read the map literally Google or ask someone working there, they all help

>Why would you stay Thurs to Mon? But desu that's not an unreasonable cost for that many days, grow a pair you pussy or roomshare

All in all, your complaints are either your own stupidity or your own dumb
>>
File: 1505437430442.jpg (76 KB, 600x782)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>9631670
Nobody was like that

People only really asked for it to go back on topic when it went full /Pol/
And that's pretty fair imo
>>
>>9632459
It only got shit when it went politics really
Every other area was fine
>>
>>9632880
Agreed, there's only like two proper """"redpilled""""" autists in there and it's not like it's hard to ignore them. Everyone else is a lad
>>
>>9628631
Birmingham con's nicer than London anyway if you ignore the multiple inflatable minions they love to put up all over the place.
>>
>>9632881
The only thing worse than people posting about politics is people complaining about people talking about politics. Don't be that guy.
>>
>>9633067
Inflatable minions will only get more common at MCM now that Universal bought the con.
>>
>>9633157

lol Universal pump money into MCM for marketing but I'm sure that's that same as being bought ;)
>>
>>9633141

Got no problem with it normally

It's just in a chat of 20-30 online at any time, 2-4 were monopolising it with shit nobody really cares about

Hate to say it, but you guys were the spergs this time
>>
>>9633352
Name and shame shitters.
>>
What's the discord then eh?
>>
>>9633352
Only 8-9 of those people ever actually post. If you don't post, don't expect anyone to care about your opinion.

anyway, everyone knows the true purpose of the discord is the exchange and discussion of initial d memes
>>
Eugh
>>
>>9634015
Nice Fat Bastard cosplay, always nice to see another Austin Powers fan.

I'd comment it on the pic but I have the nasty fuck blocked.
>>
>>9633157
WAIT Universal owns MCM now?
>>
>>9634141

People really will believe anything won't they...
>>
Can someone post the discord and kik group

I wanna get pissed with some weebs at mcm
>>
>>9634015
why share that here? :(
>>
>>9634321
so we know what he looks like when he tries to harass/molest us
>>
File: IMG_7643.jpg (65 KB, 480x480)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
So where do you folks typically go for MCM drinks? The fox? Been half a dozen times but my non alchie friends bail at that point
>>
>>9634206
>>9633799
https://discord.gg/JjadjRV
>>
>>9634536
room party or bust
>>
>>9634536
>>9634914
Room party? With the hotel literally sounding the fire alarm at 2am to flush out the room stuffers? Unlikely m80. Drink in the Novotel until 10 or so then retire to a local mate's house to continue the party until the wee hours, that's the patrician MCM experience.
>>
>>9634914
Tfw never gone to a room party
>>
Anyone at EGX today? Been looking at ECG progress and it's good, though Emi and Lauren seem to have left it to last minute as usual
>>
>>9637632
Who's progress have you been following? All I knew was Ross and he dropped out
>>
>>9637665
I follow both Emi and Lauren on Instagram so I've been watching their Instastories of their progress and keeping an eye out on the tag - I've picked up a couple of names such as Queen Yam who I think is entering Cleopatra, and Katielavabug who is entering her Bloodbourne cosplay (I think she also tried for Eurocos but got beat by Kyokyo Cosplay)

Obvs Amazonian is entering, but these are all solos, I'm not completely sure of any groups apart from one with Nes Proxy and Thestarlightfairy
>>
>>9637668
Haven't heard of half of those. Who has nice progress?
>>
>>9637668
I would have thought queen yam was entering it into tomorrow's competition, seeing as assassin's creed are sponsoring the comp
>>
>>9637765
it's possible - she entered ECG a couple of years ago as Killi so I wouldn't be surprised either way
>>
>>9637759
Nes Proxy and Thestarlightfairy have got quite a solid progress going, Katielavabug has put a lot of detail and techniques into her costume so sounds promising, but considering she was beaten in Eurocos by Kyokyo's Thumbelina cosplay you do wonder where it lost marks
>>
>>9634483
Huh, I know this guy, he seems a bit off. Like learning issues off.
>>
So I just found out I have a 3 day weekend over MCM and might go for the 3 days. But if I do I'll have to travel from Southampton on the train each day since the hotels are a stupid price and I'll be on my own. Is it worth doing?
>>
>>9638739
No
>>
File: 1415042663109.png (148 KB, 276x420)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
British cosplayers only

https://discord.gg/F8TJvvm

>yanks? no thanks!
>>
File: BXNjg17IMAEg0Kv.jpg (58 KB, 600x800)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>9638764
>>
>>9633064
Who are they even?
>>
Anyone of you uk fags know what happened to parle productions? All I know is jack and kelly broke up and nyx industries has like 9/10 members from parle in it. I dunno if I should be salty or what
>>
>>9639227
You pretty much said it. Kelly and Jack went their separate ways and then Nyx have been growing since.
>>
So who won at ECG? Anyone there?
>>
>>9639772
Bloodborne won solo.
>>
>>9639772
>>
Anyone go to Thought bubble this weekend?
>>
>>9639227
What's there to be salty about? Most of their stuff was shitty anyway
>>
>>9639805
Its a strong team for the UK. Least we won't have the cra[p of this year. But would've loved to see Amazonion's face when she lost
>>
Kyokyo is doing both Eurocosplay and ECG finals. Solid team and solo.
>>
>>9639858
Shows that we need some more people with talent in our competition circuit. Some new people are popping up but it's usually all the same.
>>
>>9639865
Competitive cosplay has always been and will always be garbage.
>>
>>9639868
K Beth
>>
File: IMG_6732.jpg (316 KB, 1152x1378)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
Have her skills suddenly improved tenfold or is this hambeast back to palming bought cosplays off as her own?
>>
>>9639909
Tenfold
>>
>>9638912
Doesn't matter, but it isn't difficult desu
>>
>>9639881
do you think shell ever give up or will she be 80 and still trying to get that ECG spot
>>
>>9639839
That kelly her friends ran off to another group. Because I've only read on facebook that jack ran off and left her in the house they bought together. They weren't shitty, and doing pretty well popularity wise, even got invited overbroad. But meh matter of opinion I guess.
>>
>>9639852
>>9639852
Should have heard the half hearted "cheers" when she went on stage.

Doesn't matter if you think you're hot shit when you've got no mates.
>>
>>9640045
Don't drink and phone post kids
>>
>>9639865
I haven't even heard of any of them before
>>
>>9640081
Kyokyo and Dewnor are in pretty much every competition. Have you been living under a rock?
>>
>>9640045
I guess thats what happens when you chat shit about everyone and harass comp organizers.
>>
What's the deal with contacts on these isles? I've had people telling me I'll need to see an optician before getting any
>>
>>9640653
Thats standard for most of the West.
>>
>>9640653
That's because in the EU it's illegal not to
>>
>>9640722
This is why we have brexit. Free to go blind on your own terms.
>>
>>9640319

Who's she been harassing now?
>>
>>9640319
if anything it was Amelia that was doing all the shit chatting this time round

She was pulling a right hissy fit after EGX on Sunday
>>
>>9641082
Really? Can't say I'm surprised but she didn't even seem to take part in any of the post ecg stuff the others did.
>>
>>9641082

Details please.
>>
>>9641099
>>9641106
She was yelling at Beth (amazonian) about kyokyo winning group and how they'd "got one up on her" and Beth and then she stormed off with Beth trailing behind her so sounded like a huge case of the salts
>>
>>9641136
How did Kyokyo and Dewnor get one up on her for winning group? She did the same thing last year but failed colossally at finals. She just sounds salty.
>>
>>9641082

Has anyone else noticed that she doesn't cosplay any more and just wears the same shit outfit literally all the time? Someone burn that fucking velvet skirt of hers.
>>
>>9641146
Yeah that seems a bit of a reach. They won fair and square and deserved it and it had nothing to do with her at all? Newsflash the world doesn't revolve around Amelia~
>>
Blackface Beth strikes again. Did she even look at references before making that costume or is this the standard the UK is at for big comp entries now?
>>
>>9641136
Technically Kyokyo got two up on her. She's representing UK at ECG and Eurocosplay.

And I've seen her work. It's breathtaking. And she seems so lovely irl.

Another 2 up then I guess. Add cosplays and personality.
>>
>>9641165
She got 'screen-accurate' fabric in the wrong colour and coloured it black with sharpies
>>
>>9641136
ECG is Amelia's comp now.
Shame she was too much of a mess to get invited to judge.
>>
>>9641158
Preach.

I love how she turned up on stage in a fucking hoodie.
>>
>>9641191
She won't even get a new hoodie.
>>
>>9641165
Looks pretty identical to the reference to me
>>
>>9641199
Alright Amazonian, course it does. Just like all your others
>>
>>9641199
Apart from the fact that she built a shitty crinoline when the original has a bustle... what a pro. And she flat steel boned it which is why it sits badly.
>>
>>9641205
She made a bustle. The original looks flat boned too
>>
File: Untitled.png (781 KB, 619x717)
781 KB
781 KB PNG
>>9641206
That's a shitty lobster tail crinoline. If she made a bustle it didnt make a difference with that thing hanging around. Unless she scrapped it.
And no professional costumer worth their salt would ever fucking flat bone a bodice. Victorian corsets (read: undergarments) are sometimes flat boned but everything else would be done with whalebone. You can use plastic to recreate the effect or even spiral steel (thought that wasn't invented until the early 1900s)
You would NEVER use flat steel and I'm pretty sure Sammy Sheldon knows that.
>>
>>9641191
I saw her at LFCC and ECG and she just wears the same thing. Doesn't look like she's washed since then either lol
>>
>>9641218
That's because she has no fashion taste
>>
>>9641182
>and coloured it black with sharpies
I actually find that idea quite unsettling
>>
>>9637632
Funny you said that as from the sound of it they had an army of people on the day helping them out with sets and props as nothing was done. Don't know about how they feel but I'd be guilty as fuck over it
>>
>>9641210
Why are we treating hobbyists like they're paid professionals in the costume industry
>>
>>9641425
GO BIG OR GO HOME
>>
>>9641425
Because you would expect someone to do some research before making anything. There are books and tutorials everywhere.
>>
>>9641326
you mean their friends helping them out and putting their set up on the day while they were judged? Just sounds like supportive friends to me, wouldn't your pals do the same for you? That's rough buddy.
>>
I've only seen the pictures of the ECG winners, were there actually any other decent ones
>>
>>9641458

ntayrt but you're not likely to have them (an army of friends) if you qualify so it looks good if you can handle everything yourself and look competent in the process, that's just my opinion though.
By all means if its just a regular masq I dont mind and would turn a blind eye to it. But let's just say the set doesn't hold together due to lack of testing and leaving it last minute and the team hadn't tried to put it together and had it rigorously tested and the people cant put it together? I'd sure hate to be them and possibly have that held over my head.
>>
>>9641478
I don't have pics but there was a really pretty Snow White and a Breath of the Wild Link did a really cute and fun performance.

Also all singing all dancing Black Butler. Hopefully there's a video uploaded as some were really entertaining.
>>
>>9641458
I wouldn't want to put that amount of stress on my friends and have that hanging over them due to my own fault and rushing everything so no? Not so rough, buddy?
>>
>>9641530
I'm pretty sure they didn't ask their friends to do it. Also this isn't the first time they've entered these sort of things so they probably know how to build a structured set. It was one of the only ones to not have any issues going on stage in similar size category.
>>
>>9641558
not just the sets, they had people burning petals backstage? So that work too which means they showed up unfinished.

Fair enough if you need friends to help you into a costume. but when you get people to finish off your things last minute that just takes up everyone's time?
>>
>>9641586
I think you're incredibly mistaken.
>>
>>9641586
I mean this doesn't even take into account the fact their friends were probably happy to help them, which is kind of what good friends do.

Also nobody was working on anything backstage, they arrived so late they only had time to get changed and go into judging instantly - the salt levels to try and make that a rumour are just so off the charts even for this board is astounding!
>>
>>9641608
Wow. No rumour. Emi literally posted about it. Chill.
>>
>>9641630
No one was burning petals backstage. They had people helping build the prop (not that unusual) but that was is
>>
>>9641630
I'm not so sure they'd let them burn petals back stage?
>>
>>9641630
What utter crap are you spouting seriously? Why on earth would they let anyone burn anything backstage?? Stop trying so hard
>>
>>9641633
>>9641642
>>9641751
when you said army you weren't kidding
>>
>>9641976
I had nothing to do with them actually. I just find fake salt irritating. Spread the real salt but let's not make shit up. It's pathetic
>>
>>9641586
I don't think they were doing it backstage, probs during the days running up to Sunday as they were getting everything else done?
>>
>>9641425
Maybe because they're trying to enter competitions judged on craftsmanship?

Or maybe we'd be less harsh if the person is question wasn't absolute scum
>>
TheStarlightFairy looked like she was suffering on social media. She skipped a day of the event and the next day when she did actually go in she looked fried and her Linkle costume didnt look ironed at all when she's normally so spot on and well presented.
>>
>>9642143
She's only just started her CCCC cosplay. Hope it looks better.
>>
>>9642183

I kind of wish she'd slow down. (I'm not a competitor, before people assume I'm wanting her our for personal gain) I'm genuinely worried about her overdoing it because she seems like the perfectionist type. I dont want her going down a similar road as a few other cosplayers I know of who have now decided to step back because they cant handle the pressure of competition or cant go through one without bursting into tears and have their mates giving them buttpatts for less than adequate work.
There is no reason why she couldn't have attempted CCCC with Nes again since they have everything already rather and being aware of what they need to work on if they had the brains to speak with the judges for feedback, instead of jumping in with somebody else with hardly any time left.

Why does everyone feel the need to work on a costume and then throw it aside before it's even gotten cold from their bodies these days?
>>
>>9642189
I don't think 30 days is enough for a competitive level cosplay. She should of just entered with her ECG costume but she's switched partners so the cosplays wouldn't have matched.
>>
>>9642189
Agreed, to be honest - I was concerned for her during the run up to the competition and I know she won't have got much sleep each day as she handsews everything. I worry she's going to have the same problem for C4 and burn out.
>>
Anyone else from ECG going for CCCC? Emi and Lauren?
>>
>>9642289
Emi was Team UK for CCCC in 2015. But she might try to do it again with her ECG outfit this year too.
>>
>>9641493
>>9641530
>>9641586
Not that they need defending but I’m one of the friends - we helped burn some petals the day before, all of which were done, made into roses and attached to the costume by the day of. We helped put the set back together when they arrived because they forgot an essential prop which made them late - we’d seen the sets fully built the day before so we knew what they were meant to look like and had an idea of how to put it all together; we managed to get it done in the time it took them to be judged and have their photos done. There were initially two of us, I got the standing banners done while our other friend was putting the pipe cage together...that ended up being a bit more complicated and also bc it was so tall they needed a couple of our taller mates to help! The set was sturdy and had no issues on stage and we were perfectly happy to do it because we care about them and wanted to support them :) All the groups were very good though and we cheered for everyone. The standard was so high this year!
>>
File: IMG_4120.jpg (406 KB, 1536x2048)
406 KB
406 KB JPG
>>
>>9642472
i think i just threw up in my mouth a bit

this is NOT OKAY
>>
>>9642472
why the fuck has he only got one sock on
>>
>>9642472
Is that the male judge from ECG?
>>
File: IMG_4540.jpg (383 KB, 1385x2048)
383 KB
383 KB JPG
>>9643184
Thats this guy, haven't heard of them and not exactly impressive, I realise it's good to have a male judge as well but scraping the bottom of the barrel here really
>>
>>9643207

Literally fucking who???
>>
>>9642472
isn't this that dude that does the DVa cosplays too?
>>
>>9642472

That ginge sideburn poking out though.
>>
>>9643448
A nobody, not even a previous ecg rep, what were they thinking?
>>
>>9639909
What is the deal with this girl? I come to the Britfag threads periodically and she seems to be posted at least once in every thread.
I've only met her one time and she never really acknowledged my existence then, which I thought was pretty rude. She was chatting to my bf for a shoot on the morning of MCM Manchester and she had a right monk on then for some reason.
>>
>>9643717

I overheard Obayed and some other girl dressed as Rin from Vocaloid talking about her and some guy called Jamie (photographer).
They were saying that he's mates with her to wind up Jamie and took a photo with her at the cinema and sent it to him just to get a rise out of him.
They also said that they felt sorry for Jamie's girlfriend and they wouldn't even know that he had one if not for facebook because she's around him all the time, getting gifts and shoots from him.

Basically she cries poor all the time despite making new costumes and whines so much that her friends buy everything for her.

When her grandfather was sick she decided to go to a con to be a guest instead.

She's also won awards in cosplays for things shes bought so she's rubbed people up the wrong way with that.
>>
>>9643731
Remember when she started a gofundme so she could be a full time carer for her 'disabled mum' but deserted her as soon as Towers asked if she wanted to be a guest at some shitty AL event
Cosfame > Sick relatives obviously
>>
Has any other cons seen a Fallout cosplayer who has shitty inaccurate light up props? Saw him everyday at EGX last year and this year entering the masq each day though he's clearly wearing a Vault onesie or something
>>
>>9643731
Sounds like they were talking about James Coaton and you heard it as Jaime? It's either that or they were talking about a different Beth and Jamie.
>>
>>9644067
Saw him enter lfcc last year and had a full on tantrum when he didn't win. He also wore it to MCM October last, was still in full costume in the fox on the Tuesday after
>>
>>9643717
She constantly enters competitions with bought costumes, slags other people's costumes off, and is constantly whinging on Facebook about being bullied by the community
>>
>>9644081

Yeah its totally possible as it was pretty loud where I was - I'm positive that it was the right Beth though because they mentioned her other friend 'A' who I'm not about to drag into this because actually she's not that bad and is a victim of Beth just as much as any of the other suckers, constantly travelling and paying to see her, paying for her food on outings and god knows what else.
>>
>>9644126
>>9644067
I'm pretty sure he's been disqualified once for not actually making the costume/props
>>
>>9644131
100% agree with you about her friend "A", I think most people would agree there.

Then again, they are common names and he knows a lot of people so he could have been on about someone else.
>>
>>9644174

They used the surname so im 100% he was talking about them.
>>
File: IMG_6963.jpg (278 KB, 1242x1288)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
>Beth didnt buy her costumes she entered in the EGL masqs

Dumb bitch even used the stock photo
>>
>>9644390
*EGX, my bad whoops
>>
>>9644390
Only the winners made their costumes
>>
>>9644390
She didn't even fit into it
>>
>>9644390
EGX cosplay team is a joke though
>>
>>9644067
>>9644126

He wears it every con every day. He was wearing at at May MCM too.

At EGX I kept seeing him linger around the Virgin/Destiny booth. Probably expecting someone to ask for his photo or offer him free shit. Destiny cosplayers we're getting goody bags.

Either way I get a gross vibe from him.
>>
>>9644526
saw him on the Sunday hovering around the ECG backstage area before being told to fuck off by staff
>>
>>9644544
He thinks he's hot shit but he's not even cold piss.
>>
>>9643731
>>9643775
>>9644127

Oh god, I'm glad my bf never shot with her now she seems like a right piece of work.
>>
>>9644156
Yeah at an insomnia I think. Or maybe an mcm
>>
For MCM London, is Friday or Sunday better for good costumes and meets and stuff?
>>
>go to first con
>Enter the gate
>Cosplayers every where
>It's like autism took on visible form
>Fat guys dressed as spiderman
>Ugly girls dressed as sailormoon
>A social group so autistic even /r9k/ would reject them
>Random sluts throwing themselves at their boyfriends to make out in the crowd
>Avoid the whole thing and go into the convention hall
>Funko pop stalls fill the entire place
>Stacked 10 high
>Doctor Who, Marvel, Game of thrones
>Big Bang theory t-shirts fill any stall not covered in funko pops
>Spend 5 minutes in the trader hall just looking for any stalls with anything interesting at all
>Find nothing
>Buy a £1 badge as a memento
>Ask the staff where the rest of the con is
>Con is so small they hired rent a loos rather than hiring the full building
>Leave with my badge and a sense of utter disgust that lasts a week.

Why the fuck do you do this? I've felt less revolted by rotting meat than the people buying funko pops there
>>
>>9645508
>>sailormoon
That's not how you spell Dva
>>
>>9645508
The fuck kinda con did you go to?
>>
>>9645570
local comic con run by the MCM people
>>
>>9645577
Was that Jcon or another one? I know Jcon happened this weekend
>>
>>9645584
Wasn't this weekend, just not had time to write about it before now

They had 2 blow up tents and a scooby doo van! Or you could pay 20 quid to see a 60 year old woman who looked like someone melted a photo she was signing to make her.
>>
going to mcm london this month as my first con, what is there in the way of afterparties?
>>
>>9646624
> afterparties

Wrong event anon, wrong event
>>
>>9645592
So what was it actually called?
>>
>>9646624
>>9647231
Not him but why?

I just wanna get drunk and meet people
>>
>>9647766
MCM london doesn't really have much in offer of after parties unless you count the Saturday party that most of the weeby teenagers go to - in terms of other options it's either crowd into the Fox with everyone else or room parties
>>
>>9648282
What this guy said. If you're wanting to party with weebs, then MCM will completely disappoint you.
>>
>>9648282
>>9648449
Also not him but which places are better for afterparties?
>>
>>9648455
Residential conventions.

Kitacon
Amecon (apparently, I haven't been)
Minami (Not my crowd, but I heard it's pretty good)

Don't go to AL events.
>>
>>9648282

wait there's actual room parties!?! Oh wow... and here I thought that MCM London only had drinking on the grass or drinking in the fox
>>
>>9648560

I really wanted to go to kitacon but I was scared of going alone and having no one to hang around with (though I knew a lot of people who went) I might go to amecon but it depends on what I'm doing in July

I was actually thinking about going to a US con since I thought that UK cons were boring
>>
>>9648615
I mean, I'm just going by what's said on here after the events but then again it's people just boasting about room orgies that may or may not have actually happened
>>
>>9648617
don't forget these events are also good opportunities to meet new people and make new friends - even if it's a couple of guys in the games room or something

Unless you're super autist-creepy there are people at cons who are happy to hang out with new faces though I do get that there can be a "clique" feel about most groups
>>
So has anyone got any videos of the ECG performances? I've seen the winners videos being posted
>>
>>9648617
MCM is super boring, all my friends go and love it though, so you'll always find me there. But then again, they are the US comic convention knitting pattern. The US con I went to once was equally as boring, only with more panels than MCM. I really like the residential cons over here, they are more like parties than true blue conventions.
>>
Anybody going to Hibanacon here? Want to stay in a room together and split the cost?
>>
>>9649571

Yeah I think I've heard about an orgy from on here once too. I can't imagine any of my cosplay friends going to an orgy but I can think of a few photographers who I think would go there

>>9649573

But the thing is that im a bit socially awkward, like I never know what to say or how to make a good conversation with people. I could try though to make friends this year.

Funny thing is that I have that "clique" feel in a cosplay group I'm apart of (which has quite a bit of drama). I'm trying to move away from it and just find some people to casually hang out with

>>9649754

That is the reason I originally went to MCM London, since it was theost first con I found out about and most of my anime, nerdy, gamer friends go there (as well as cosplayers). Some of my friends dont even know about other cons over than MCM. I've been going to MCM since 2012 and started cosplaying last year.

Recently I've been regretting wasting and spending a lot of money to go to MCM London, yeah my friends are there but I wasn't really enjoying myself. I could've used it to go to Kitacon instead but sadly I didn't since I'm new to going to cons outside of London.

also the con I'm thinking about going to is Colossalcon, even if the con isn't good (which it totally isn't) there's still a waterpark, arcades and other activities I can do at the resort where the con is being held.

Sorry everyone for writing so much.
>>
>>9649875
We had a meetup for kita and it was great. Just sit there getting hammered chatting shit
>>
Anybody wanna buy a mcm expo ticket off myself.

It's an early bird ticket I got back in may
>>
>>9649946
don't be a cuck
come to the Duck
>>
>>9649803
I'm thinking about it, honestly. What's it like?
>>
>>9650172
This is the first time this convention has been running. I think it'll be alright, it's 18+, there seems to be a fair amount of stuff to do, and MK isn't exactly lovely on the eyes but there's a lot to do at the Xscape in town.
>>
>>9649803
Let's hope the orgy crew show up again
>>
>>9649607
CrystalNeko on youtube has a playlist of all the qualifier performances for ECG.

>>9649875
I getcha, anon, a group I'm part of is very "closed off" and is very much in the aesthetic of "if you're not there we won't include you"
So if you know other people and are chatting to them it's likely they'll end up going off to dinner without you without any contact.

It is hard to strike up a conversation with others considering how 90% of us are the same awkward nerds inside but what is always a good start is seeing a cosplay from a source you enjoy and telling them you enjoy the costume etc. Most friends I've met through a shared interest in games etc and we've had long conversations about them.

Course then you get the people who haven't actually played the game/seen the show buuut that's another story
>>
>>9644390
Haven't seen her claim this was made outside of others on here saying it. Hell I think there was a post from her on FB literally saying "Kasumi turned up" so dont think it's some big secret.
Saturday outfit was definitely made since was a shit ton of progress stuff posted for that.

Don't get me wrong, I have problems with her but most the outfit claims these days are wrong. Can't really comment on anything else since I didn't know her till late last year. She's definitely done some dumb shit in that time though

Also anyone seems to know her latest boy toy? Literally appeared from nowhere from what I saw and now funds like 99% of her shit
>>
Lolita related. I saw this on LM and thought someone was selling that Lee guy.
>>
There's two discords...?
>>
File: IMG_7924.png (750 KB, 1366x768)
750 KB
750 KB PNG
Who on earth was that guy making us 「K I L L E R Q U E E N」at the party?
>>
>>9651653
What party?
>>
>>9651592
Pick your poison
>>
>>9651668
The orgy room party anon
>>
>>9651259
I lost my shit
>>
>>9650878
Sticking with the theme lets call him "C". Decent guy from what I've seen but never really spoke much. Seems like he gets around a bit but nothing really noteworthy about him, but yeah seems like she leeches off him quite a bit... seems like the poor guy walked in blind to everything shes done.
>>
>>9651842
I can provide deets. Guy was in her friendzone prior for a while, paid for the whole of LAGC for her and “A” in Feb, few months later they’re together. Can’t say I’ve heard anything bad about him, quite the opposite really. Only good things.
>>
>>9652038
>
Oh hey I know him well. He was dating someone else when lagc happened and then got with Beth once they broke up around June. Think he's just stupid nice and frankly hope he doesnt get tangled up with her shit too much but think he loves her a bit much at this point.

i got pinged a link here since "a" and him were being mentioned so I'm sure there's others that can give more info if needed but both him and "a" deserve to just be forgotten about on here since they're nothing like her
>>
>>9643731
so what is the deal with james? is he publicly trying to get together with beth and everyone laughs because she just uses him? he uses a picture of them instead of him with his gf for his facebook profile :S
>>
>>9652263
Lol I guess a mix of obsession and blindness. Feel sorry for his girlfriend, to be honest. Don’t think he understands social concepts with him following Beth a lot at cons like a looming, unwanted shadow.
>>
>>9652289

> him following Beth a lot at cons like a looming, unwanted shadow.

I think that makes it worse, he clearly cares about her and she does uses him and picks him up when its convenient, usually for tog stuff. He would travel out to her quite a bit and I dont imagine she paid him for the shoots so I have no idea how much money he's ended up forking out on account of her.
>>
So anyone at Bristol anime con?? Any dramu??
>>
>>9652399

He doesn’t charge for shoots, so I guess that point is kinda irrelevant. From what I know, he offers to shoot in Birmingham, but the guy is whipped. Travels to his friends to shoot and genuinely gets used by everyone who photos, overall creep.
>>
>>9652408

Thats my point. He's just getting used by people and doesn't seem to get reimbursed in any way for his time or his skillset.
Beth may be an absolute twat, but she isn't stupid. She probably knows that he's pining for her but just takes advantage of him.
>>
>>9652417
Last year she did try to remove him since he went too far but he went on a rampage of whiny Facebook posts about how lost he was without her leading to others attacking her for it so bit screwed up overall really. James has caused issues with her past relationships with his obsessiveness of Beth so get the stopwatches ready until it happens again
>>
>>9652437

Remind me again why he has a current girlfriend if he behaves this way about her?
>>
>>9652437

Cancer attracts cancer
>>
Anyone got any further news on that Lauren girl who swindled a bunch of people money for ita-bags and then disappeared from facebook?
>>
Anybody going to Play Expo in Manchester next weekend? If not I may also be at Birmingham MCM. I don't care about /cgl/-afterparty-meets, I just want cool people to hang around with during the events.
>>
>>9652731
Hoping to, not sure what I'm going to cosplay as though
>>
>>9652744
I probably won't be cosplaying at Play Expo, but I'll keep a look out when you do decide.
>>
>>9652473
Something I've wondered for around a year now.

If Beth or James's GF isn't doing shit about it either then red flags to all involved to get away from all that crap in my opinion. If bethan's bf and "a" are really the nice people everyone is saying then there must be something behind the scenes to explain these shitty relationships surely?

>>9652731
Wanted to but travelling down for RTX London instead. Hopefully catch it next time. Anyone else at RTX?
>>
>>9652780

That part is pretty simple. 'A' gets any costume she wants made for her in return, gets to enter it into comps and reap the rewards if they win, and the bf gets pussy.
>>
>>9652824
A hasn't had a costume from Beth for over a year I think? Nothing noteworthy, don't think A submits costumes unless she's with Beth. Usually she's just performance?
>>
Remind me again why she can’t just get a job like everyone else and we need to give her money for all this shit?
>>
>>9653149
"tl;dr pay for me to go to cons so I don't have to work like all the other peasants "
>>
>>9653129

Nein. They did Tokyo Mew Mew this year, they did star guardians as well but I'm not sure of the origin of A's but Beth definitely made hers.

Granted I have noticed that Beth is breaking away and focusing more on her own stuff, but thats probably because she's started to get other people to fund her rather than have A do it and have to pay with her time instead.
>>
>>9653149
She hasn't changed after all the video bullshit last year?
>>
>>9653204
Beth just cosplays flavour of the month. She doesn’t like any of the characters she cosplays. With the amount she spent on her 2B cosplay she could have gotten a copy of the game and a console to play it on. She also doesn’t play League despite constantly cosplaying for it.
>>
>>9653283
Isn't that the same with everyone though lol

Only really know a handful of cosplayers who play and cosplay league, but whatever
>>
>>9652596
Nope, i haven't heard back from her for ages nor heard any of my friends mention her. The last time she replied to me was when she kept on gossiping about drama
>>
>>9653283
>>9653344

That kinda makes me think if she watches Boku No Hero Academia since she's going to cosplaying Mina Ashido at MCM
>>
>>9652075

The only thing I'm a bit confused about with this whole beth thing is that someone told me about beth went on this date with this one photographer but he ended up using her. Is this true? and does this play a role in the Beth drama?
>>
>>9653149
Haha pays for a photoshoot. I spoke with someone who did a shoot with her and they said she didn't pay for the photoshoots and expects you to give her the images to use on her Patreon.
>>
File: 1503537979227.gif (174 KB, 235x256)
174 KB
174 KB GIF
>>9653149
>£400+ for a con hotel
>>
File: Miracle Tou_02.png (1.91 MB, 853x1141)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB PNG
Hello, I would like to start cosplaying in the UK. Do you have any tips for a first timer? I'm quite shy.
>>
File: IMG_7866.jpg (80 KB, 665x791)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
Ho shoot my costumes gonna' be ready on time that was a close one
>>
>>9653546
Idk where the fuck she’s staying, barely costing me under £200 for a room right next to excel lol
>>
So going to London MCM in a couple of weeks?
>>
>>9653421
Not sure about the using her part but they had a date prior to her current bf but I guess it just didn't work out? I've seen them talking fine since so doubt it was anything bad
>>
So Xzavier has been sacked by AL
>>
>>9654142
post deets/caps on the lolcow thread famalam
>>
>>9654142
more info
>>
>>9652731
Yep me and my bf are probably going to head down for the Saturday. Don't think we are buying tickets though to get in as they've gone expensive. Probably just hang outside and chat with people and my bf can grab a few shots of cosplayers. If there is any form of cgl meet though I'll keep an eye out on here and come along if anything is arranged. I'll probably cosplay as Reimu seen as she's the only vidya character I cosplay.
>>
File: 1477466260263.jpg (38 KB, 362x346)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>9653930
I ordered a Boku no Hero Academia training costume from eBay but I don't know if it'll get here on time.

Is there anywhere that ships cosplay stuff in any reasonable amount of time? Almost all of the listings are from China and give dates well into November..

[spoiler]Also I have no friends but I'm planning on going with a Meetup group who I may or may not have met up with yet, good idea/10?.[/spoiler]
>>
>>9653930
Yeah, but I gotta find some brown boots in a size 11 that go a little past my calves because my current pair leave me unable to work.
>>
>>9654273

If you're referring to the group with Lissa and Beth - don't. You've read this thread, you know what the shit is. Avoid the thots.

Other than that learn to get fucking organised, you should never be ordering a costume on the same month of the con or cutting it this fine.
>>
>>9654383
Which group is that? There's shockingly few anime groups on Meetup.com in London and I could only see one cosplay group.

Honestly though, I'm just tired of being alone and doing nothing so I'm diving in. MCM happened to be this month, it's all incidental. Worst comes to worst, I'll have the wig/ contacts/ face paint and can just do casual Todoroki.

Are /cgl/ going as a group at all? Judging from the thread, I'm guessing not.
>>
File: IMG_7972.jpg (26 KB, 236x259)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>9654447
I'll be seeing if anybody wants some drinks on the steps or grass that evening, hopefully we can get a group going
>>
>>9654383

wait Lissa and Beth are doing a BNHA group!?! i thought it was just Beth and Abbey doing a pair.

I totally agree with you about not ordering in the month of a con.
>>
>>9654490
So much for the anonymity of the fated ‘A’.

Beth and Abbey are definitely doing a pair for BNHA, but I didn’t know they were doing a group? (Is this that Lissa Lena you mean, too?)
>>
>>9654940

sorry, i totally forgot.

yeah i meant the pair for BNHA, i wonder if they would do a group? do they ever do a group? (yes i mean her)
>>
>>9654490

It came about last night because Lissa Lena was whining about being "let down by a chinese seller" after deciding just last week to get Deku's hero suit and then complains that it could cost an arm and a leg to get one at this point. She cosplays flavour of the month and changes her cosplans every two minutes (but she swears shes quitting cosplay and that shes dead broke - honest!)
I went to her stall once and was actually shocked as to what she actually looked like because she shoops herself so much in cosplay photos.
She would sell flavour of the month shit whilst skimming her favourites from listings and jacking the prices up so others are basically paying for her to have what she wants. Now she's falling out of love with Love Live expect that shit to dry up and YYKawaii who she fought to now have monopoly on that market.

So there's something going on for London and they're putting something together for Birmingham - that is if the flavour lasts that long or if they move onto something else and sell anything they have on before the costumes have even touched their bodies.
>>
>>9655017

Oh and I forgot, she had me in stitches at one point. She wore Ruby's chef outfit and posted a pic on Ruby's birthday. She said it was her favourite and so precious and she'd never let it go - a week later she was trying to flog it.
>>
>>9655016

Is it bad that they don’t do groups? Suppose it’s nice sticking to your close friends when doing cosplay. I only ever cosplay on my own, I envy their friendship in a weird way.

>>9655017

I know, right? Met her for the first time last year and I didn’t recognise her. She actually gives herself a new face whilst posting photos online.

Wouldn’t smash that bar, though. Usually it’s because, upon trying the costume on, they’re too small or too big, so they sell. Not everyone gets perfectly fitting store bought costumes first time, even if it’s flavour of the month.
>>
>>9652780
I'll be at RTX, anon.
>>
>>9653149
>Gym membership, £30
I mean you don't NEED a gym membership

>£80 for haircut and dye job
As a female can confirm womens haircut prices are stupidly expensive but £80 for that seems excessive. Can easily get it done for half that price. She also brings up she doesnt always have £80 to get her hair done every month and like...you shouldn't be dying your hair every single month? That's going to kill it, make it dry and strawy.

>£20 for foundation alone
Sounds like snobbery, drug store foundation at like, £10 works just as well as the fancy ass brands.

>£400+ for hotel room
Now unless it's a London convention, and she isn't in a budget hotel, I can see the £400 price. But you can get a room in a Premier Inn or Travelodge for a con weekend for less than half of that for basically everywhere else.

Either she's upscaling prices for "pity me the thing I chose to do in life is expensive and isn't financially feasible" points, or she's a dumb fuck who doesn't know how to get a good deal and just overspends needlessly.
>>
>>9655305

Nah she just gets bored. She sold a costume that she hadn't even taken out of the bag because she 'just didnt want it anymore'
>>
>>9655436

Who even has the money to just shrug off a costume? What the fuck lol
>>
>>9655461
Apparently Beth and Lissa do, especially since they have a new cosplay almost every month
>>
Don't forget your sweaty mcm etiquette
>>
I'm confused, Beth and Lissa only came into conversation when I mentioned Meetups- are they actually part of any meetups or did the word just trigger something?
>>
>>9655932

It's because they're cosplaying BNHA. There's a mini group on Friday but I'm unsure who's involved, as there's quite a lot of BNHA cosplayers I know doing cosplays on the same day.
>>
Why would you pay to see somebody else cosplay?
>>
>>9656093

That's what im thinking too, since you can already see the person cosplay for free online
>>
>>9656099

Or plenty of other cosplayers worth their salt for that matter.
>>
H-How do you get a cute cosplaying gf/bf?
>>
>>9656324

You need to have a gifted gene pool yourself first. If you're uggo you stand no chance.
>>
>>9656093
>>9656099
b-but you get to see them without the cosplay anons
>>
Ugh why are cosplayers such thots!?! Like some of them are nice people but the type of photoshoots they do is so thotty (if that's the word). Then they all jump onto the bandwagon of a popular anime or game (I hope some of them are actually into the anime)
>>
>>9656324

Follow them around breathing heavy, keeping a healthy distance.

Don't engage in conversation, if they talk to you, panic and run away FAST!

Ok, I'm shitposting there, DO NOT DO THAT. I felt that my post needed this disclaimer.
>>
>>9656826
I knew I was doing something wrong
>>
>>9656859
When you run, don't forget to Naruto run. Science says it's 25% faster than boring normie running. She will be super impressed
>>
File: yes.png (196 KB, 843x1034)
196 KB
196 KB PNG
>>9648282
>>9647766
>>9647231
>>9646624
>Not buying booze from Tesco and Nisa local and drinking unknown mixed alcohols out of a fishbowl on a patch or grass outside con with randoms
>>
>>9654449
Up for drinks all weekend senpai.
>>9657294
Do it
>>
>>9657294
Hey I remember you anon. You were the Kenji right?!
>>
actually chilling out on the grass Saturday night of MCM May was quite nice. I got to play some drinking games, talk and meet new people plus I got given free beer
>>
>>9657397
Will I kiss a cute girl if I join in this year?
>>
>>9657294
I prefer drinking in a crazy fucking party with a bunch of randoms. But maybe I'm just weird...
>>
File: ZHmHih5.png (58 KB, 441x302)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>9655920
>Kudyastop
>>
>>9657294
with a barbecue too ofc
>>
>>9657636

maybe, like at the MCM May this year one of my friends was sitting on this guy's lap and getting pretty cosy with him on the grass while we were drinking. I don't think she ever kissed him but I'm sure something would've happened if I decided to stay there longer
>>
File: IMG_5834.jpg (30 KB, 500x334)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
Costume is just one lynchpin from falling and making me flash anybody around
>>
On my way back from play expo, it was pretty disappointing on the cosplay front. Not a lot there. It was my first time, apparently it's been better in the past for cosplay,. Any other gulls go?
>>
I need some advice, should i buy a ticket for Amecon as soon as they come out or should i wait until next year then put myself on a waiting list?

also how is Amecon? i dont see much people talk about it other than "its like kitacon but less partying"
>>
>>9658960
to be honest the way the last reg for that and Kitacon have gone I would just get the ticket asap even if you're just getting yourself onto the waiting list now rather than next year. there's no guarantee that if you get on the list next year a spot will open up.
>>
>>9658848
It's always been a quiet one for cosplay but it did seem oddly deserted this year.
>>
>>9659373

The only problem is that im a university student and I don't have that much money left (but I will be getting more money in January). Sadly I can't start working at my Job again until December
>>
Has anyone been to a maids of england event before? I'd really like to go, but it's the same weekend as mcm and my friends and I already got our weekend tickets and I don't want to waste money. Is it worth missing a day of mcm for?
>>
>>9659856
Learn to budget
>>
>>9659856
yeah I know that feeling from when I was at uni myself. I mean what you could do is wait until January when your loan comes back in and then get onto the waiting list - after the initial panic for spaces not everyone is going to pay so you'd be surprised how quickly the list goes down
>>
>>9660394
You only get a week this time according to the faq. But rah, people will ref then strung along with payment. Depends how hardcore they are at kicking you off the list. What's their attendee max anyway?
>>
Does anyone know what Time registration for tickets is open today? The website doesn't say and I don't really want to sit around pressing F5 all day to try and make sure I'm there for when the tickets sell out in 7 minutes again.
>>
>>9660484
8pm I think, from their twitter
>>
>>9660496
Thanks babe.

Hope to see plenty of you guys from Kita make it.

>>9660336
I saw them once at Camcon a few years back. The audience seemed a bit overwhelmed and didn't know what to think or understand what was going on. Which was made worse when they started explaining thier gimmicks like how one of the meidos was a repurposed combat android, another was a tsundere cat who can transform into a girl, one of the butlers is a magical tome made manifest, and another is just a black guy.

Their performance was nice enough, what you'd really expect. As lukewarm as the audience found them at the introduction their Cafe was absolutely packed non-stop with like a two hour wait for a table that people were gladly queuing for.
>>
Hold up, Amecons website is updating. Tickets aren't going up early are they? I was just about to head out for an hour.
>>
>>9660605
they are probably just prepping it so they can turn it "on" at the right time. rather than faff with all the code when everyone is mashing F5
>>
File: IMG_8070.jpg (80 KB, 774x599)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
Rushing home [FAST] wish me luck
>>
File: IMG_7964.jpg (46 KB, 298x530)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
ONE MINUTE
>>
Got me ticket ladssss
>>
File: IMG_7561.jpg (23 KB, 183x241)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
See you autists on the steps
>>
>>9660729
Ill buy a new absinth. I may have a new patch for my hat too.
>>
File: god help me.jpg (31 KB, 500x377)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>multiple posts a day in the social group from That One Same Person about asinine, irrelevant bullshit once again
>>
>>9660888
I agree.
Noone cares about your fucking dog. It better be fucking registered and trained properly
>>
>>9660889
Wish people would fuck off and stop bumming dogs. Is it because shite like "doggo" and "pupper" that's everywhere now?
>>
Locked in. I'm sure I can break away from my relatively normie friends to say Hi to some of you guys and gals again.
>>
>>9660889
considering they said it's only 8 months old, we can only hope it's all good by the time the con rolls around.

>>9660898
god i feel this. call me anti-fun or whatever, but the whole pupper and doggo shit has never been funny. it's just lolcats 10 years on in a different format. i guess it also doesn't help that i am by no means a dog person either, so i'm a bit biased, haha.
>>
>>9660394

Thanksfor the advice, that's what I'm deciding to do instead of trying to get a ticket.
>>
>>9661075
No problem, hope you get a space anon! I won't be doing Amecon this time round personally (saving money and being a responsible adult shock horror) but it's a good time
>>
>>9642472
Oh this is the rape threat guy, isnt he banned from mcm now?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.