[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 44 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: too intelligent.jpg (7 KB, 239x210)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
No circle lense general so here goes,

Is it really believable that circle lenses can last 1 year meanwhile other contacts lasts a month or 3 months tops? especially when used 3-4 times a week?

I've been wearing mine for 6 months now and have my eyes are a bit sore after wearing (though to be fair I had eyelid tape on and my hair was touching my eyes a bit and that caused irritation, first time it happened).

Should I start replacing these now? I mean, it's not like I took perfect care of them so maybe they really won't last the full year.
>>
>>9633946
Contacts on general come in differing levels of disposability. Some must be thrown out each day, some you throw out weekly, monthly, yearly. Some you can actually sleep in. All i really know about reusability and comfort when it comes to contact lense durability is that how long you can wear them has to do with how breathable they are and how much air they let onto your eye.

If you are caring for your lenses properly, rinsing them in the contact solution, changing the solution in the case each time you wear them, keeping other contaminents out of the case you should be fine for however long they are supposed to last.

Some peoples eyes also just dont take lenses well.
>>
The reason they seem to last longer is because you wear them less and build up less protein on the lens, which is what causes irritation and issues with wearing then too much
If you're wearing circle lenses every day you shouldn't keep them around for very long, but wearing them for 4 hours a couple times a month they last longer
>>
>>9633946
I always thought the "shelf life" was supposedly 1-3 years but the "wear life" was 3-6 months.
But certainly it depends on how you care for them, especially whether or not you use one of those protein removal things and how often you wear them/over what period of time.
>>
>>9634282
PS if your eyes are sore, ffs stop using them with so much frequency or at least buy new ones. Don't compromise your eyesight for "fashion".
>>
>>9634282
Its a year max. Jfc throw it away after that even if you only used it a few times.
>>
How long can you wear circle lenses? 8hrs? The ones I have range between 14.3-5 mm in diameter. I know bigger = the shorter you can comfortably/safely wear them. Even though circle lenses are soft contact lenses, our eyes aren't meant to be covered like that
>>
File: IMG_6998.jpg (346 KB, 1235x1000)
346 KB
346 KB JPG
Recommendations for gold/yellow eye lenses? Has anyone ever tried Pinky Paradise lenses? Thanks
>>
>>9634330
lenses like those are really only good if you have dark colored eyes or are asian.
if you have bright blue or bright green eyes, you'll need to find a solid color lens or it'll look bad
>>
>>9633946
I have lenses I wear since 2010 lol
I wear them once or twice a year maybe tho
>>
File: twilightreborn.jpg (168 KB, 549x560)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>9634330
I recently bought the Twilight Reborn in brown. I used to own the Twilight (old series) in blue and even though I'm usually ok with contacts, jesus, they were pretty uncomfortable at times?
The reborn series advertises that it has better comfort and I agree with it so far - I haven't had any issues with comfort with the brown ones but to be fair I haven't worn them for a long period of time yet.
In terms of color/design, it's exactly the same as the old series. 'Shining' effect that's super vibrant and turns out well in photos but a bit on the small side so it doesn't really give a 'big eye' effect (to be fair, I have very big eyes).
But if you want a vibrant gold color that can be seen from a distance that isn't one of those solid color halloween ones, I recommend these.
Sorry for shitty photos, these are just cropped from selfies so you can get an idea of it since I haven't seen any proper reviews of the new series online yet.
Hope this helps anon.
>>
I have lenses from years ago, I always keep them hydrated every blue moon and soak them / clean them before wear and usually they feel fine. Been wearing contacts for 10 years..
>>
Have reviewers with light eye colors increased since ye olden days? I used to do gyaru and I have hazel/green eyes, so finding lenses on eyes that weren't blue or brown was always a bit of a pain.
>>
>>9634358
I'm luck I have almost black, dark brown eyes then
>>9634425
Thanks for the review anon. I'll check out the reborn series too then. You have a nice eye shape btw. They're a nice color too but yeah I can see how they wouldn't show up at a distance.
>>
>>9634451
review anon here, thank you!
I forgot to add in the original post but my eyes are a medium brown in color but if you have darker eyes, I reckon these would show up even better.
Good luck with your search for gold contacts anon!!
>>
>>9633946
Idk how you care for your lenses but the discomfort could be due to proteins and dusts accumulating that regular solution doesn't eliminate. Try a desinfectant solution if you haven't yet, soak them for 6h hours minimum in the special case it comes with and they should feel fine once again.
>>
>>9634427
Let us know when infection hits
>>
>>9634330
I use I.Fairy Dolly+ Brown from Uniqso. They are pretty nice for yellow circle lenses. I've bought 2 pairs so far, since I really liked the color and use it for my Kotori cosplays.

Pinky Paradise is pretty good too. Them and Honey Color are my top lens suppliers I go to. My lenses from PP have all been good and I haven't run into problems. The only thing is now they require a valid eye prescription when checking out.
>>
>>9634423
Are you insane? Throw them out and buy a new pair
>>
>>9633946
I usually wear mine as long as they feel okay
If I've had them for 2 years, put them in and they feel great, I'll wear them with caution.
If I've had them for 2 weeks and put them in and they hurt, I'll try to clean them, and if that doesn't work, I won't wear them
Of course, you should use your common sense too. Don't be like >>9634423 or >>9634427
>>
>get new lenses
>don't like the way they look on my eyes
At least with clothes you can sell them but I guess I'm stuck with these
>>
Honeycolor doesnt ship to the US right now, what do?
>>
the bottle says one year so im gonna wear them for one year goddamnit
>>
>>9635175
I just ordered from honeycolor and they said they were going to ship my order anyway. Who knows. I love them but they always feel dubiously legal lmao
>>
>>9635175
order from Uniqso or Pinky
>>
File: 200.gif (968 KB, 297x200)
968 KB
968 KB GIF
>>9635175
>>9635190
Update for the anon: I just got a shipping text from DHL, so they still sent out my package even though they're saying no US orders.
>>
I remember earlier this year Pinky Paradise wasn't shipping to the US. When did they start again? I thought they had to stop because they weren't fda compliant or something.
>>
>>9639234
>tfw start getting emails from Pinky out of the blue

I'm curious as well.
>>
Hi so, I'm really new to wearing contacts, and I would like to order a pair for while I'm wearing Lolita or other jfashion. I wear glasses on the daily but I'm looking contacts that don't need a prescription. Is pinky paradise a good place to get them? I haven't been to my eye doctor's for 2 years, and they won't give me my eye information over the phone and I don't have vision insurance so I can't exactly just go in and get a cheap eye appointment. Any help would be super grateful so I'm giving a big thank you in advance to anyone who answers!
>>
>>9643342
You need your base curve measured or you're gonna fuck up your eyes
>>
Now that Pinky has US shipping again-- has anyone tried ordering with an out-of-date or no prescription?
Just asking since Honeycolor never gave a shit if I didn't put anything in the proof of prescription field when checking out.
(I have a prescription, I just need to renew it.)
>>
>>9643349
>tfw abnormally flat eyes and most lenses aren't comfortable
My optometrist said my eyes are extremely flat, flatter than 9/10 people and about as flat as eyes are after laser surgery
>>
Bumping thread with a question!

I'm planning a cosplay of a character with heterochromatic eyes. However, I don't really want to buy two pairs with different colours. Is there any shop where I can get one lense of each colour?

Thanks
>>
>>9644554
Why not get two pairs? Then you have a backup when they expire or you fuck one lens. Just wait for a site to run a good deal on them so you get them cheap.
>>
>>9644554
http://www.ifairycon.com let's you order single lenses.
>>
Another anon after creepy yellow lenses. I really like these anime ones, but I need them in -1.75.
I say uniqso don't do them powered, but after a quick google I found them on a site called ohmykitty4u (or something), is that a legit place to buy or will I get knock offs?
If anyone else knows where to get some nice bright yellow lenses in -1.75 I'll be super grateful.
>>
>>9645039
That sounds like a sketchy place
Uniqso, pinky, and honey color are pretty much the only places I really trust for lenses
>>
Ugh
I really wanna get a pair of black sclera lenses for halloween, but I need glasses, so either I'll have to buy sclera lenses with prescription, which will cost maybe $200 instead of $60, or I'll have to wear glasses, which will kinda ruin the creepy look, or I'll just have to walk around half blind
Feels bad man
>>
>>9646095
Where can you buy scleras for $60? All good ones are over $100 for one contact. Careful anon, don't fuck up your eyes further.
>>
>>9646099
https://www.uniqso.com/collections/colored-contacts/products/sweety-black-sclera-lens-sabretooth-blackout-black?variant=38692795346

Not sure how to tell which ones are "good ones", but since they have lots of reviews I can't imagine them being that bad, especially if you're only gonna wear them for a few hours from time to time
>>
>>9645110
GEO is good too, they are KFDA approved. They don't do cosplay lenses much though.
>>
>>9646106
One way to tell is being able to choose your own base curve size. I don't see that option on this site and that doesn't seem safe, you don't want to put whatever sized lenses on your eyeballs and hope for the best.
>>
>>9646119
Most lenses on uniqso have one set base curve listed in the description
If it matches then good, but if it doesn't you're out of luck
>>
Question about astigmatism/toric lenses, can anyone help?

My prescription is:
Sphere: -4.50
Cyl: -1.75 (-1.25 for right eye)
Axis: 180
BC: 8.6
Diam: 14.5

If I were to buy prescription NON-TORIC lenses, what the fuck do I put for the "power"? Has anyone tried this? I need more variety of toric lenses and I hate paying upwards $100 for one pair because of my astigmatism.

I want to say for "Power" it is the same as "Sphere" on my doctor's prescription sheet but there's no place for "Cyl" so am I supposed to combine the numbers? I don't mind if it's a little blurry.
>>
>>9646287
non-astigmatism lenses won't be able to correct in the right way for you.
also, if you wear 2 sets of lenses at the same tie you will 100% fuck up your eyes for life

just wear plano lenses and have glasses you take off for pics
>>
>>9646295
I also worry that circle lenses that aren't toric won't sit right on my eyes. I would be wearing them for a few hours. I would never wear two sets of lenses at the same time. I have glasses but they are sinfully ugly and probably outdated. I regularly wear toric prescription contacts (non-circle lenses) daily so I am used to wearing lenses.
>>
>>9646304
>I worry that non-toric lenses won't sit on my eyes right
>>9646287
>I want to buy non-toric lenses to wear with a cosplay
either get toric lenses, or just don't have contacts with your cosplay
if you get the wrong prescription of contacts, especially the curve, you will probably do lasting damage to your eyes

I guess if you're stupid enough to not listen to people, then fucking go blind idc
>>
>>9645039
>ohmykitty4u

Don't get lenses there. I ordered from them once and the unopened lens vials has floating particulates in them. I still have them to show people what bad lenses look like.
>>
>>9646347
Oops it was actually kittyeyecontacts that I bought the bad lenses from. I don't know anything about OhMyKitty though.
>>
>>9646304
As long as you're not wearing the lenses daily, wearing non toric lenses won't do much to your eye. You just won't be able to see as clearly. This anon >>9646329 doesn't know what they're talking about, clearly; you're not about to go blind from one day wear of contacts. Make sure the base curve of the lens is the same or bigger rather than smaller than your curve. It'll shift a little when you blink, but nothing too uncomfortable.
>>
>>9646455
I know what she's saying, she wants to use non-toric lenses as toric lenses and is trying to get people to translate the prescription between the two
she can get plano lenses and just wear glasses when she's not taking pics, but I guess that's not what she wants

don't fucking enable people to go against their doctor's advice anon, you're gonna get someone hurt. I'd trust a doctor who has 6-8 years of schooling on the subject over some internet "expert" any time.
If she's that worried about non-toric lenses then she should either not wear lenses or just buy them in her actual prescription instead of trying to do some cheap workaround
>>
>>9646460
You can easily just use your normal prescription and leave out the astigmatism correction. It'll just make everything a little blurry, since your astigmatism isn't corrected. Like I said, you clearly have no idea how lenses work on eyes with astigmatism, it's not going to "hurt" you. Stop fear mongering. It's exactly the same as if you were wearing plano lenses.
>>
what to do when your astigmatism correction is so low that your correction doesn't exist in any lens ( even clear one ), my optometrist told me that I can wear lens but I didn't say to him that they where plano . ( and I wonder if someone is in the same as me? )
>>
>>9646287
The sphere is the same thing as power. Don't listen to the fearmongers, I have astigmatism too and my own optometrist prescribed me non-toric lenses for years because the toric ones were too uncomfortable. He just also prescribed me reading glasses to wear on top if I needed them for the extra correction for reading/driving. All that'll happen is your vision won't be quite perfect. Wash your hands, clean your lenses, take them out if they hurt and you'll be fine.

There are toric lenses available that are only a little more expensive than normal circle lenses, but I can't speak to their comfort or anything because my BC is 8.7 and they're mostly 8.6, and base curve is the thing you really don't wanna fuck with.
>>
Optician anon here!

>>9646287
>>9646304
You can wear non-toric lenses and it won't damage your eyes but your vision is going to be really bad especially on your left side. It will be really uncomfortable and you're going to end up with terrible eyestrain. Just suck it up and buy toric lenses or wear plano lenses with glasses and take them off for pics.

If you really want to waste your money getting lenses that'll give you a headache, Power = Sphere (so you would just put -4.50).

>>9646527
How strong is your astimgatism? There are a few brands that correct for low astigmatism but many start around +/-0.75 or stronger. You can still wear plano lenses without correction. Make sure your optometrist measures your base curve and says it's safe for you to wear them.
>>
File: lunaprismpink.jpg (2.28 MB, 802x5724)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB JPG
I'll just ask here since there isn't a circle lenses thread in general, but this isn't about expiration. I quit the whole circle lenses thing until I found out they started making silicone hydrogel lenses and saw the Lens Town Lunar Prism. I want the pink ones and I want to buy from a safe reputable site, but I do not recognize any of the stores that carry these. Does anyone know of a site that sells them that you would recommend as trustworthy? I saw OmyLense.com but no reviews except for one saying she never got her items and a bunch of star ratings with no reviews. Then there was also kosmeshop that doesn't seem to have much out about it either, so I was hoping that someone could let me know of their own experiences or a store that has this lens that I could buy from safely. I appreciate any advice.
>>
>>9647652
This is actually the first time I've seen theses lenses and I'm quite experienced with circle lenses and brands. They might be so new that I haven't seen them yet. They definitely remind me of the Danna 7con colorful series. It almost looks like the combined the Danna with the Luxurybabe 123 lenses. You might want to wait until the lenses start show up on other sites first. Sometimes certain sites will get the newer lenses first and then the others follow suit.
>>
>>9649226
Thank you for the advice!
Have you heard of Lens Town at all before? Do you know anything about the quality of the brand or anything?
>>
>>9646583
my astigmatism is of 0.25, I say to my optimetrist that I wear circle lens and he say that it was okay. But I noticed that he didn't gave me my base curve, next time I saw him I will ask him, thank you anon !
>>
>>9647652
It’s a Japanese site but I bought mine from here
https://www.thepiel.com/mobile/category.php?search_select=all&search_word=prism
The color is really nice but there’s really not any enlargement
>>
>>9635188
enjoy your blindness anon
>>
>>9644566
Sorry to come back to you after so long. The fact is that I have different prescription on my eyes, so it would be better to get just one of each, besides being more practical.

Thanks for the help!
>>
You guys, do you have any recommendations for websites that sell circle lenses and ship to Brazil, I found PinkyParadise so if you guys could tell if that's a good one, anyways thanks
>>
How badly can wearing lenses without knowing your base curve fuck you up?
Aren't most 8.6?
>>
>>9661563
Most people are 8.6, but don't get them if you don't know
Best case scenario you get a headache
Worst case scenario you fuck up your vision
>>
File: 1507481977893.png (59 KB, 246x242)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
I got told from a friend it's a bad idea to buy lenses on Amazon because they supposedly will have microtears in them or any other defects. Is that true?
>>
>>9662007
A lot of things on Amazon are reselling AliExpress stuff. That stuff doesn't go through any QA process at all, so if there's defects they don't care
>>
>>9645039
i'm really late but my experience with ohmykitty4u was pretty good actually. the color is nice and the lenses feel really comfortable in my eyes
>>
>>9652449
Thank you! Will take a look. I actually don’t really dress j-fashion anymore and never really got into cosplay so no enlargement might be better for once. I just priced normal colored lenses and talked with my eye doctor. These are prettier and cheaper still. I will probably get some everyday clear from her and order a couple circle lens pairs for days I wanna feel a little cuter and add something fun.
Do you have very sensitive eyes? How comfy were they? (You got them in silicone hydrogel? I’m not sure if that style comes in any other material.). I always liked Acuvue Oasys best and that’s the material they’re made from so I’m hoping these will be more comfortable than other circle lenses.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.