[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Hi everyone. Comic Con is just a few weeks away and I'm in a bit of a crisis. I'm a bald white guy, full beard and in decent physical shape. I usually cosplay Victor Zsasz every year but with the beard now I feel like I won't do the character justice. Could anyone provide any recommendations?

Photo isn't me but you get the idea. Thank you!!
>>
>>9635892
>deep breath

>video games
Jesse McCree, Graves from League, a Goron, Kratos, Zangief

>media
Khal Drogo, LOTR dwarf, Hagrid,
>>
>>9635892

These are great suggestions. I'm looking for something where I wouldn't have to wear a wig, but I do appreciate the help! Definitely something to consider
>>
> my beard is the most interesting thing about me
>>
>>9635919

Lmao. Im looking for cosplay ideas, not to be on a dating show. But thank you, I guess?
>>
>>9635928
You won't shave and you won't wear a wig, and you made a whole thread for yourself. You will end up with a shitty cosplay, dude.
>>
You didn't need your own thread, jackass.
>>9602563
>>9602563
Lurk more.
>>
>>9635929
To piggy back off of what anon said, not only will you have a shitty cosplay, I HOPE you have a bad con experience too
>>
>>9635929

Thanks man, I appreciate that. I'm fairly new here and I read the rules and didn't see anything saying that asking for suggestions isn't allowed. Not a very friendly community apparently.
>>
>>9635929
Exactly, wtf? Can't even be bothered to google "bearded video game characters" or something either. Why bother cosplaying if you can't do basic googling and wont even wear a fucking wig? White men were a mistake.
>>
>>9635933

Thanks friend, whatever you need to do to release that pent up anger
>>
>>9635938

Why do you assume I haven't tried Google already? As if I already havent browsed pages upon pages.
>>
>>9635931

Im new here, and if I violated any rules I do apologise. It wasn't my intent, I was simply looking for suggestions, Jesus.
>>
The salt mine in this thread is fantastic.
>>9635943
Don't stress about it, OP
Despite what you may have thought, this board is just as shitty and sour about everything under the sun as boards like /v/ and /adv/. It's basically if /r9k/ was populated by females.
Further, you won't get that much help. Most of the people here have no idea about guys cosplaying, much less so if they have obvious masculine features that don't lend to the pretty boy aesthetic.
>>
File: cosplay_zangief.jpg (49 KB, 375x500)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>9635903
>Zangief

If you want to do it right, you need more than a beard.
>>
File: o706Wxv.jpg (411 KB, 600x802)
411 KB
411 KB JPG
>>9635940
>>9635942
>>9635943
>Making each reply a new post
>Can't be bothered to look for a relevant threads
>"Im new lul"
>Not even pretending to be retarded

1 more day of summer...
>>
>>9635948
Thank you so much. Unfortunately that seems so :/ But thank you for the kind response

>>9635954
Yess! Someone else mentioned Zangief above, that's a great cosplay. May consider gaining 20lbs before NYCC just for that
>>
File: 960.jpg (45 KB, 960x540)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
Hugo Strange from Arkham City.
>>
damn bruh you got slammed by these bitches
>>
>>9636234
How could I forget Hugo Strange. That may be the pick for me, thank you!

>>9636252
Yeah tell me about it
>>
ive been growing a beard just to do a old green arrow cosplay. i mean you can take any character and just add old age make up and dye your hair white. whoop. there it is.
>>
OP, the reason everyone's being so hard on you is because the board is overpopulated with small threads like this. This is a smaller online community with a wide range of thread topics that can stay active for weeks or months. There is actually a cosplay suggestion thread and a cosplay help thread active right now. We try to encourage condensing of threads because it bumps an old thread out every time a new one is formed. So it's a faux pas to start a new thread focused around yourself, and unfortunately it happens several times a day on this board. I hope that helps clarify why everyone's lashing out. If you repost your question in the cosplay suggestion thread you are bound to find more answers and a warmer welcome.
>>
honestly it would be fun to have a thread with good styled natural or fake beard in cosplay, but it could stay in the wig thread .
>>
>>9635892
Jesus christ, sorry everyone is being a dick to you.

Have you considered the male monk from Diablo III?
>>
>>9635943
This is an a-hole board OP, if you were a cute girl or a trap asking for suggestions the thread would be on autosage in a day...

I agree with >>9636234 Hugo Strange would be good and you have a REAL beard which is rare.
>>
>>9643388
There are fake beards?
>>
>>9635892
Jet from cowboy bebop or a random cave diver from made in abyss

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.