[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

To ask dumb questions or just jfash related questions that you don't know where to ask
>>
Where do you buy sweet lolita accessories that don't look like toddler toys??? I want cute necklaces and headwear that aren't too expensive and aren't plastic ageplay shit
>>
>>9640619
How do you wear lolita and not be extremely uncomfortable? Everything about lolita is heavy and scratchy, how do people avoid that?
>>
>>9640659
you mean the pettis? wear bloomers
if the lace on the neckline/sleeves is itchy wear a blouse
other than that dont buy shitty clothes with shitty materials
>>
>>9640659
Wear chiffon? Realistically it's based on woman's clothing from the Victorian and rococo era, not exactly supposed to be cosy
>>
>>9640657
That's unironically what sweet lolita looks like. Read any Novala or Misako related article, they harp on about having the heart of a young girl. Lolita in Japan means looking like a female child. The fashion is largely based on European kids clothes from foregone times.
>>
>>9640659
Wear things that fit and get used to not being in sweatpants all the time
>>
Is there a difference between igari and larme make up? it looks pretty much the same to me
>>
>>9640657
What's your budget? I like ETC's jewellery myself but it's not much cheaper than AP or Baby, even secondhand.

>>9640663
>foregone times
Most sweet lolita jewellery looks like it's meant for modern children, though, which I think is anon's problem. Dressing like an old-timey child is one thing but looking like you just snatched some baby's toy and stuck it on your head is quite another.
>>
>>9640675
It's only a logical development for sweet lolita to take
>>
File: image.jpg (216 KB, 1536x1536)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
>>9640675
>Most sweet lolita jewellery looks like it's meant for modern children,
I feel like you specifically have APs plastic jewelry in mind when you say this, because it's not really true for a lot of current sweet jewelry.

These are just a few examples I pulled that are sweet jewelry that are currently for sale on AP and baby's sites.

None of them are any more "childish" than say something from Kate Spade or Betsey Johnson.
>>
>>9640659
>everything about lolita is heavy and scratchy
Lolita doesn't have to be heavy. You can wear light summery OPs for less layers if you're not used to wearing a lot of layers (I live in a cold country and was used to layering a lot before I got into lolita so it never bothered me).

Nothing I own is scratchy, don't buy tulle petticoats or stuff made of shit materials. You can try cutsew tops if blouses are uncomfortable.
>>
>>9640672
Igari is just a makeup style, Larme is a fashion style. Igari makeup is basically the makeup used in Larme, though sometimes Larme is a little less intense imo.
>>
So, I hear 4 cm under the listed measurements is ideal, but can you get any closer if a piece is partially shirred? Trying to see if I can fit this damn 68 waist when I'm a 67
>>
>>9640809
If the waist doesn't fit and the difference is only 1 - 3 cm, try wearing a corset. I got a size 1 JetJ skirt which didn't fit my 63cm waist, so I use a Miho Matsuda waist corset with it, problem solved.
>>
>>9640675
Around $100 for a decent set of accessories, I live in a remote area so shipping is always through the roof for me, so I always have to have a separate shipping budget. Are there any brands that offer free intl shipping deals with big orders?
>>
>>9640809
If the size listed is not the max, likely. Shirring adds a couple of cm
>>
>>9640675
I mean, dressing like an old timey child is just Classic.
>>
How do I order from ETC if I'm overseas? Do I need a shopping service or is it like BTSSB where I can just input my address?
>>
>>9640659
I'm in Japan and don't wear Lolita in summer unless I'm way up north. Summer is full normie, spring and fall, as soon as it's cool enough, lighter fabric, and wool and velvet in winter. I'm sensitive to the scratchiness of cheap lace but there's nothing really in my wardrobe (all second hand burando or nobrand stuff that works with the brand pieces) that's itchy or scratchy.
>>
what the hell is aomojikei? I keep googling it but I keep getting mixed results
>>
>>9640809
I fit my 65 cm skirts and I have a 71 cm waist. Don’t stress anon.
>>
>>9640843
I'm the anon who posted the question. I like a sweet-classic sort of combo, with dusty pinks and non print sweet dresses. So perhaps classic describes my style a little better.
Think hime lolita with less crowns.
>>
File: 03.jpg (116 KB, 620x433)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>9640882
They have a manual on their webshop
>>
I asked a couple threads ago about what to do with tucked blouses. I didn't know the word in english so i couldn't explain my problem. Now i know. It's pleats. I have pleats everywhere when i tuck them. It makes my figure look terrible. Help?
>>
>>9640890

https://www.naomindoll.com/2013/07/aomoji-kei-the-rise-of-harajuku/
>>
File: index.jpg (6 KB, 194x259)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>9641162

For lolita?

When looking for a blouse to wear with a skirt, especially lolita, it's recommended you try to find something that is fitted, short enough, and has ruffles at the bottom, so you don't need to tuck it in and it still looks neat and nice over your skirt.

If you must tuck it in, at least a fitted blouse or something with back lacing or waist ties to narrow down the waist will reduce the bulky fabric at the waist so your figure doesn't look too terrible.

If you're stuck with a loose blouse that you absolutely must tuck into your skirt, you're left with waist cinchers, wide belts and high-waisted skirts to help control the fabric. Although this just really pushes the problem up towards your bust, but at least an ample bosom and a smaller waist looks more feminine and isn't as terrible as balloon around your waist.

Non-lolita, it depends a lot of what look you're going for. You might try a narrow skirt or pants, but leave the blouse untucked instead.
>>
What are some stores that sell Mori Girl clothes? I've recently become kinda interested in the style, and I didn't see a specific thread on here
I see a ton of stores on taobao selling the same stuff, but I'm guessing that their stuff is just copying some real brands, and that the items they sell aren't that good quality
>>
>>9640912
>>9640835
>>9640657

If you're willing to go a little over $100, I'd honestly just stick to brand accessories. AP stuff at least is pretty close to that price, or if you shop secondhand, the roses, ribbons and other mildly cute stuff isn't all that pricey either. It's generally the really odd things like acrylic ghosts or transparent bear honey bottle pendants that spark minor bid wars because they perfectly match some AP print and it's not something other companies produce.

Indie stores, Automatic Honey is the closest in style and price to AP and still looks pretty good. Moon Bunny comes in next. Personally I think Swimmer and Chocomint (carried by closet child) are a step or two down in terms of "not looking like kiddy stuff" and "not looking cheap", but sometimes they have the odd metal jewellery or something that could still work, it's worthwhile to look at them once in a while.

You may also want to check out Usagiyouhinten's accessories section every now and again as well, they seem to stock smaller indie brands that aren't too expensive. The quality is nowhere near what you'd find on, say, Caramel Ribbon or other similar indie artists on Minne, but the pricing is more within your budget.

Alternatively you could simply go full classic and invest in some real pearls to go with your sweet-classic princess vibe. As a bonus, you can probably reuse them to dress up your normie clothes as well.
>>
>>9641180

This is the only jp brand I'm aware of that's still doing proper mori girl

https://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/favorite-one/

If you don't mind mixing up some natural kei, Pink House is still around as well.
>>
I'm on the Lolita sales in English facebook page and I see the acronyms DA, DS, and DT a lot. What do they mean?
>>
Why don't brand skirts have the same waist measurement as the same print JSK's/OP's and vice versa?
>>
>>9641369
DA= direct auction
DS = direct sale
DT= direct trade
>>
>>9641369
Direct auction, direct sale, and direct trade.
Exactly what they sound like.
>>
>>9641201
Thanks anon! Do you need an SS for those stores?
>>
>>9641180
Cawaii and Favorite produce(d) a lot/nearly all of their items in China, so some of the taobao shops aren't exactly copies so much as the same items +/- the actual brand label. I've bought things from slxi before that had no noticeable quality difference minus the price markup - the only thing of note was amount of factory smell that remained on the clothes.

Past tense because cawaii nowadays doesn't have anything that resembles mori. You may want to look into some franche lippee, crisp or syrup/felissimo as well, preferably their older items.
>>
>>9641397
so they're stolen
>>
>>9641414
I have no idea. Could be? I'm not going to make assumptions about this because they've got stock that's been long gone from both websites.
>>
File: 163201-m-05-dl.jpg (37 KB, 345x437)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
How do I make my petticoat shorter without damaging it and without ruining the shape?
>>
>>9641461
Fold or roll up the top part where the elastic is?
>>
>>9641464
You can kind of see the fold through the dress like a roll of fat and it doesn't stay put
>>
Where would be good places to find reasonably-priced, cute, mid-thigh length skirts that have enough room for a short petticoat underneath?

I really like himekaji and casual cute styles, but for some reason I'm having a hard time finding these kind of skirts. Mid-thigh circle skirts seem like they wouldn't be too difficult to find, but for some reason I keep coming up empty unless I want a galaxy print skater skirt, which I don't. Keep seeing skirts that are either too long (knee length) or no room for a petti. I just want to feel fluffy and cute damnit.

So what stupidly obvious place or search-term am I missing?
>>
File: 03_007.jpg (67 KB, 432x576)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>9641471
Do you mean like amavel, liz lisa, ank rouge etc.? Just buy from (himekaij) brands when they have a sale (like right now), and they aren't hard to find secondhand either. I got pic related in pink with a 70% discount.
>>
>>9641461
wear it higher on your body.
>>
>>9641492
That sounds reasonable, I'm going to try and see if my bretels don'ts how through the dress
>>
Anyone knows where I can find a skirt like pic related, in a similar color and pattern on the right? It's about 60cm long and fits a petticoat. I want this VM skirt specifically but I'm losing hope of ever finding it secondhand. A link to this actual skirt from someone who's actually skilled in finding stuff secondhand will be very appreciated too.
>>
What's a good place to find Japanese brands you didn't know about yet? Maybe a shop that carries a lot of brands or a department store or shopping centre?
>I miss poupee girl so much
>>
>>9641500
Type チェックスカート into y!auctions, there are plenty of skirts like this.
>>
>>9641500
You might like this one?
https://www.wunderwelt.jp/products/w-30048
>>
>>9641371
Thanks stranger.
>>
>>9641490
Thanks anon, I don’t know why I was so determined to avoid actual brands
>>
>>9641506
I think you answered your own question lol. Are you interested in any style in particular? For Japanese fashion in general, check out wear.jp. Users tag their coords with the brands that they're wearing.
>>
>>9640619
imma fat, Losing weight (30pounds so far)but its going super disproportionately. Boobs and arms first, ass last. What do to balance it out
>>
>>9641640
Unfortunately there isn't much you can do other than try to tone up the parts of your body that you want to be smaller. What are you specifically trying to accomplish? Smaller waist, smaller butt? Try toning up those areas with core exercises.
>>
File: sgg.png (1.89 MB, 1100x1650)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB PNG
can i get some help coordinating this? the print is a really bright yellow and pink..
>>
>>9641090
Thanks Anon. I didn't see that.
>>
>>9641647
Toning certain areas does not exist. You can work certain muscle groups, but that doesn't mean anything if there's fat on top of it.
>>
>>9641647
Where you lose fat is 100% dependent on genetics. The only thing you can control is how much is lost overall and how much muscle you build.
>>
>>9641671
> toning certain areas does not exist
lmao, what? fat loss in specific areas doesn't, but are you trying to say that you can't excercise certan muscles?
>>
>>9641659
Why are there so many Moomins on everything? It was an old children's show and not even that popular. Is it some foreign hipster chick thing?
>>
>>9641698
It's super popular in Japan, there are moomin themed cafes.
>>
>>9641673
That is exactly what I said lmfao. Unless you meant to tag the original question
>>
>>9641716
Whoops, yeah I mean the orginal anon.
>>
>>9641698

As anon said it's super popular in Japan (and this dress is from syrup)...although it's still fairly popular I would say, there are new moomin movies and campaigns going on even now. I don't know about foreign hipster chick thing, I live in scandinavia so it's not exactly out of place.
>>
Where's the list of counties enrolled into Taobao's global shipping program? Can you order direct from the UK yet?
>>
Asked this when asking for coord advice, but here is probably better - does anyone know if any of the JP brands (whether it's AP, AatP, Milk, Jane Marple, whatever) make their jewelry hypoallergenic? Or is it all just expensive nickel jewelry?

Also, what's the general quality of Queen Bee shoes? I see them around rarely so I haven't really formed much of an impression of them.
>>
>>9641757
Maybe q-pot, depending on the item? You'd probably be better off sticking with something like vivienne westwood if you're worried about metal type.
>>
>>9641500
That's a lovely tartan on the right. Do you have a lolibrary link?

>>9641698
It wasn't just a children's show but a series of great books and comics that turned into an entire franchise. I'm not even Finnish or Swedish but most people my age grew up with the Moomins and remember them fondly. It has nothing to do with hipsterism.

That said, I have no idea how to coord that dress. It's pretty garish to be honest.
>>
>>9641684
>you can work certain muscle groups
Aka you can exercise certain muscles
Please learn to read
>>
>>9641537
Thank you! I'll try that.

>>9641598
I've seen that one before actually and thought it was the one I was looking for, I nearly had a stroke. It's not quite what I want but thanks anyway.

>>9642123
Sure do: https://lolibrary.org/items/victorian-maiden-british-check-pleat-skirt
>>
Recently I purchased a dress from some girl, the package got lost and recently she told me that she wrote the address incorrectly. The package is insured but it doesn't cover the entire value of the dress, should I expect her to refund me the total value or only the insurance?
>>
Which brands did Halloween lucky packs last year? Which brands do you think will do them this year?
>>
>>9640619
Are all himekaji brands japan based? Are there any resellers that dont scalp too bad on taobao?
>>
>>9642514
All nice himekaji brands are in Japan, it can get really cheap secondhand
>>
>>9642399
i believe shes to fully refund you because shes the one who claims the insurance on the item, unless you agreed on not buying the insurance.
>>
>>9642399
You're entitled to a full refund. You provided the correct shipping address therefore you're a not at fault. Insurance is for the benefit of the seller.
>>
>>9642514
I like Candy Rain on taobao
>>
>>9642514
Bobon21 is a chinese brand originally from Taobao but they’re in Japan as well now.
>>
File: katie.jpg (224 KB, 640x704)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
I've been trying to find skirts/ patterns similar to this one. Looking up things like "corset waist skirt" and "lace up skirt" seems to bring up lingerie or steampunk related things. Is there a specific term for this type of skirt that I should be using instead?
>>
I've been wanting to get into lolita lately, but I'm not sure if I'm small enough for the fashion? I'm 5'4" and my measurements are 35"/92.5cm, 30"/78cm, 36"/90cm, and I usually see much smaller girls posting.
>>
>>9643043
Your waist will probably give you issues but if you look for larger pieces you should be fine.
>>
>>9640657
There's etsy shops that make cute jewelry that is sweet but high enough quality that they won't look like cheap kid jewelry: Cute Moon Bunny (very sweet but doesn't look cheap), Sel Et Sucre, JellyUltra, and Milkybon are shops I picked out of my etsy favorites.

If you have a higher budget, AP, BTSSB, ETC are good. Q-pot is good quality from my experience but can get really pricey. There's also BB and B Deco which looks nice as well.
>>
Over the summer I purchased a couple coords from stuff on Taobao to wear to a local con. Everything was fine, but I just didn't feel as elegant or pretty (I guess?) as I thought I would. Has anyone else felt this or is it just me being self conscious? Will it go away with expanding my wardrobe? I don't want to spend money on something so expensive that won't even make me happy.
>>
>>9643058
I can relate to this feeling anon, it could be that it's not for you, but more likely it's that you have better taste and visual refinement than your current wardrobe and coording skills allow you to express. Try getting more accessories and things to make your coords more complete and see how you feel. It could also be that even though you like one style, another might actually better on you.
>>
>>9643058
Anything specific that made you feel not as good as you would have like? It could have been many things, maybe the garments weren't as flattering as you would have liked, you weren't satisfied with your coords, maybe it is just self consciousness, it could even very well be that lolita isn't quite the fashion for you. If it's because you're new, it could just be that you aren't used to it. Without more details on why you felt underwhelmed then it'll be harder to give advice.
>>
>>9643064
I think it may have been some personal nitpick things like >>9643061 said. I've been interested in the fashion for years and mostly learned what makes a good coord different from a bad or boring one. Maybe I'm just not living up to my own standards? I think I'll try buying more accessories to try and make the coords I have look better to me, and then move on to new pieces when I feel satisfied. Thanks guys.
>>
>>9642399
You get the total refund, and if she tries to say only the insured value, you paypal claim her and they'll give you the full refund. It's her fault, not yours.
>>
>>9643069
It might also be helpful to take note of the aspects of the fashion that you liked in the first place/ask yourself what is it about lolita that you find attractive.

When doing so, be as specific as possible because things like "elegant" and "pretty" are very abstract and nebulous concepts that are defined differently by different people. That way you have something more solid to look to when you're putting together your coords, and if the coords match what you have in your mind about the fashion.
>>
>>9643043
Maxicimam Lovely and Physical Drop are plus size brands
>>
>>9643043
My bust and waist measurements are about 2 inches smaller than yours and I fit into lolita pretty OK, especially if my items have at least partial shirring. Any non shirring items I have are forgiving in terms of size.

Blouses can sometimes be tricky with my bust however, so I'll often wear a bra that doesn't add much bulk to my bust. In general I would stay away from pieces without shirring and also maybe look into wearing cutsews within your size range, as they're usually made of T shirt material so they have a bit of stretch to them.

Sizing also differs among brands as well, Moitie and I believe Mary Magdalene are known for running smaller then say Angelic Pretty or Metamorphose. Check measurements before buying anything to make sure that it fits!

What's ultimately most important in lolita is wearing what flatters you regardless of size. I've seen lolitas with bigger measurements look fine because they know how to dress to their body type.
>>
File: 1423053496087.jpg (2.24 MB, 2999x3998)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB JPG
>>9643043
Anything past 2014 AP with even a bit of shirring will most likely fit you better than the smaller gulls. The only thing you have to look out for with them is high waist and sack dresses. Meta will again fit you much better than the models they use on their site. Their busts on items I've seen often go up to around 110cm. Avoid Innocent World at all costs, Moitie is extremely variable, but Size 3 will generally fit you. Check and double their actual measurements outside of their site.

Haenuli specializes in bigger sizes almost and taobao does custom. Your height is literally the Japanese average for women so no problems there. See
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/cgl/thread/7752569/#7753977 and check the archive in general for sizing tips.
>>
File: E5A0652-683x1024.jpg (122 KB, 683x1024)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
Why do people dislike RinRin?
>>
Consensus on western things that fit the style? Also, western pettis?
>>
>>9643144
Do you mean western lolita brands or western clothing that just happens to look like lolita?
>>
>>9643147
Western general brands for things like accessories (hair pieces, pettis and such to pull a thematic coord together)

But I didn't realise there were acceptable western 'Lolita brands' ?
Be a nice anon and name drop some bc I have a lot of tiddy
>>
>>9643140
I don't hate her, but I don't think she's very pretty. Other models are cuter.
>>
>>9641384

Favorite has a Rakuten global site you can order directly from:

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/favorite-one/

You need either Tenso or an SS with the Japanese site.

I don't know about Pink House, sorry.
>>
>>9643140
jealousy
>>
>>9641757

>Queen Bee shoes

They're about on par with AP shoes -- similar sizing, decent pleather, about the same comfort level. I generally feel like Queen Bee and AP shoes have slightly better insoles and the patterns and cutouts tend to be more crisp than taobao or Bodyline quality, but I really only own pair each from Queen Bee, AP, Bodyline and Antaina, so this might be really specific to the pairs of shoes I owned.

The comfort levels don't really compare to something actually orthopedic like Sara Max, though that goes without saying, I think.
>>
>>9643148
Violet Fane
>>
>>9643149
It's because in aomoji kei it's more important for models to be have a unique style
>>
How much does shapewear do/does anyone use it?
I've been and am losing weight, but I currently have a 71 cm waist and a lot of dresses I like have 71/72 cm waists, so I'm worried they'll be too small or uncomfortable. Would it be worth it in the meantime?
>>
>>9643140
People dislike her? I think she's cute. I do think the "neo lolita" style she came up with is kinda bullshit though.
>>
>>9643436
Why? Ib thought that was something from Kera
>>
>>9643031
Are you searching in English or Japanese? And related - are you looking for jbrands or just whatever?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1506638479753.jpg (46 KB, 843x843)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
Ok if there's two different colored lace, which should I be focusing on to highlight this dress? The collar lace is beige, almost tea-dyed look while the hem is stark white. It's been a pain to find a blouse in a good color for this, anything with a bustle deserves to be OTT.
>>
So I know that Lolibrary has been undergoing rennovations forever, but is there any end in sight/a timeframe for all the images and pages to be back up? Also, how do we contribute now? I've never contributed much, but whenever I buy a piece that I realize isn't there/they don't have the color in the database I liked to comment with the new info.
>>
>>9643220

I generally find shapewear to be worthwhile — but usually I use them for a better body shape and not so much to reduce, for eg- lifting boobs to the correct place in a dress or avoiding muffin tops from a squishy waist over an elastic waistband.

When shopping for shapewear you’ll want to bring a tape measure along, and do avoid fashion corsets — sometimes these things make you look much better because everything is lifted and firmer, but they actually add inches to your waistline, not reduce. So hurdle number one is to find shapewear that actually reduces.

Second is that other things can still fuck up the fit of a dress, for eg your bust, torso length, bicep size, etc can all make a dress fit terribly even if you have successfully reduced to a 69cm waist.

So yes, worth a short, but the dress still might not fit in other measurements.
>>
>>9643756
Match the lace closer to the blouse. It'll look weird otherwise.
>>
File: baby1_p.jpg (53 KB, 350x527)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>9643756

A lot of options. You could use white blocks of everything and then add the beige in as trim (like pic related). You could equally do the reverse, go for a kinari blouse and add touches of white trim to the coord. You could also go with a pink blouse instead of choosing between white and beige, and then accessorise with white and beige.
Or go sweet-classic with fully pink and brown things, and then add back small touches of white and beige like a beige keycharm or a white earrings or beige lace on your headpiece. Or even go for a white x kinari coord and then use the pink very sparingly here and there.

So long as you keep a balance between the colours and repeat both white and beige, you can avoid looking like one of them is on the dress by mistake.
>>
>>9643916
There is a slack group for contributors and a place for us to add entries so they don't get lost in the abyss
>>
>>9643133
I guess that leads me to my stupid question: why do these brands make clothes that are too big for their general audience? I know lolita is considered a chubby girl fashion in Japan but as someone who's chubby by Japanese standards and actually bigger than any of the lolitas I saw there, AP and Meta JSKs still hang off me like a sack. The Chinese lolitas who seem to drive much of the market aren't particularly large, either. Are they really catering to plus-sized Western girls at the expense of Asian girls? It makes economic sense to make sizes variable but not to the extent where they're actually too big for the average customer. That's just a waste of material. I don't get it.
>>
>>9644054
If you look at the other types of fashion in Korea, China or Japan you'll notice that most clothing in general is a lot larger than the actual person wearing it. Asian fashion skews toward more loose fitting garments than tight fitting, so the brands probably factor that in along with the fact that they only have the chance to make it in one size most of the time.

Also if anyone is tailoring their clothing it's far easier to take in than take out.
>>
>>9644054

Meta is a whole different story, though. The person who started the brand originally, said she couldn't find clothes in existing shops that fit her or was what she wanted to wear, so she started her own brand. So to begin with the target market was already "not (Japanese) girls who fit into common existing sizes". Add to that they're the first shop to sell to overseas lolitas directly, their sizing was probably increased to cater to their overseas Western-sized customers much earlier than other brands. They were even known for being the "fat girl brand" for Westerners, so being larger-sized *is* their niche market.

AP is another story again. Their sizing was actually trending much bigger at one point, then they got a little smaller, then now they're yoyo-ing all over the place. Even the styles are all over the place, they did long-waisted dresses and jsks for a bit, and now they're back to high waists and sack dresses. I think they've got a spaghetti on the wall approach and simply re-do whatever trends seems to have sold well, so the sizing they put out is probably whatever their statistics staff says sold well. Why this is larger than the average Japanese/chinese lolita I have no idea. Maybe it's just the sizing attached to prints that do well. Maybe there's more fat lolitas in Japan/China than we commonly see or something.
>>
>>9644105
I somehow can't imagine AP is big enough to have statistics staff. Idk though
>>
>>9644080
>>9644105
Pretty much this, I will however note before any anons buy something with the intention of tailoring. Size reductions are fairly easy, taking in shoulders and cup sizes however is extremely expensive. With bust ratio reductions especially they're fairly hard to line up and essentially impossible to do so without wrecking the garment if there's an all over print or lots of detailing. If you're too small even with padding it's time to either accept it or give up.

tldr: If the bust ratio (not cm but cup size) or the shoulders need a lot of work you'll be paying 200-300 usd for something that might not work out.
>>
What do you gulls use to prevent underarm sweating while wearing cosplay or jfashion?

My underarms sweat *so* much, even in the middle of winter, that I can either only wear tank tops, or I have to change tshirts every few hours because the armpit areas get so wet. I have tried all sorts of deodorant, antiperspirants, 'clinical strength' products, etc, but nothing seems to work well enough. I hate it so much, I am always so embarrassed, that I cover up with a sweater most of the time (which obviously makes it worse, but at least no one can see).

I have a few Angelic Pretty dresses, but I have only ever worn them for maybe 2 hours at a time, in summer (so no need for a blouse), in a super air conditioned room.
>>
>>9644043
Thank you for your help anon, my last question is what's a kinari blouse?
>>
>>9644120
That's "unbleached" color, beige.
>>
>>9644110

I wrote it, but really I figure it's their accountant(s) who then sorts their sales by print, colour, region, etc, in excel and then makes pretty pie charts or bar graphs with them.
>>
Hey cgl, I wanna buy my first pair os false lashes online but I have no clue of which ones are good and of where to buy them, do you guys have any recommendations?
>>
>>9644117
Have you tried dress shields or other similar products?
>>
>>9644328
I have never heard of those before. They look a bit silly, but if I see some I will give them a try.
>>
>>9644173
For beginners, I would recommend looking for kits sold by Ardell. They include eyelash glue from a reputable brand (Duo), tweezers, and basic lashes (not very dramatic or heavy for first timers). I'm not sure if they are available worldwide though. Where are you located?
>>
>>9644571
I'm located in Brazil
>>
>>9644117
Sorry to hear, anon. That does not sound normal. Have you gone to a doctor about this? I think this is an issue that you might want to fix rather than work around. I'm sure it's hell to deal with even outside of J-fashion.

In the meantime, look into perspiration pads. They have disposable kinds and the kind that you can wash, and you can buy them anywhere from Amazon to AliExpress.
>>
For tea-length skirts and dresses, is malco modes the only option for petticoats? Not sure if any of the brands have longer pettis worth looking into.
>>
>>9644543
I have a similar problem and I buy them on Amazon. I buy disposable armpit pads I stick inside the undershirt before I wear my nice blouses. Then I use a shower/deodorant wipe to wipe down my pits if I'm worried about any odor. Antiperspirant does not work that great for me, so I've found the disposable pads and wipes are a better combo. I don't stress about odor or staining on my clothing now.
>>
>>9641370
The JSKs and OPs are larger to fit a wider range of people. The true target audience is pretty petite but a smaller girl can wear a larger dress successfully since the waist is not holding it up. Skirts need to be smaller in the waist or they will just fall off a small girl.
>>
Does anyone know if the mini mini Usakumya backpack can be worn by the Usakumya pochette? Or does it just fit the Usakumya rucksack?
>>
>>9640663
You sound like you took an ageplayer's perspective on lolita, cause even sweet isn't that at all. It's definitely 'shoujo' but not like that.
>>
>>9644117

Hi anon! I also have what you have! it is called hyperhidrosis and it is EXTREMELY common, something like 1 in 4 women have it and 1 in 10 men. So don't worry, you are not alone.

I am going to be real with you about this problem though, there is very little to do for it. I have used prescription antiperspirants and looked into getting botox in my pits to stop it, the reality is that nothing will stop it (botox can make you sweat in other places, like your FACE) and you just have to work around it. But it is not all bad! If you can get to a point where you are no longer anxious about it that will stop a good half the flow! The problem with that is you have to be OK with the occasional sweaty pit stain, which is almost impossible to accomplish when you already feel so bad about it. I am not going to lie, it took me smoking weed. Weed has stopped the sweating more than anything else I have ever tried, but I still literally /drip/ sometimes. (I started smoking for other medical reasons though)

For everyday life: Dark shirts, mostly black, or workout shirts that wick away sweat before it pools up. Flowey shirts are also good! tops that don't come into direct contact with your pits are always good. undershirts are always your friend

For Cosplay/lolita: FUCK DRESS SHIELDS. They don't do shit and they do not stick to clothing worth a damn. You need to straight up go buy menstrual pads, I can get away with panty liners on my darker cosplays, but for lighter more form fitting ones I buy medium flows. The best way to use them is to stick them to an undershirt that you wear underneath your outfit. Undershirts, again, are your friend.

It seems counter intuitive, but layers are better than a single layer or no layers, you want your sweat to be pulled away from your skin so that it can evaporate easier.

I have to tell you though, I live my life in cardigans. That will likely be your life too, but they are nice looking! So hey!
>>
>>9640663
so you don't actually know anything about lolita, but you do feel comfortable talking about it? How does that work?
>>
>>9645560
Melikestea does custom.
>>
>>9644117
Not a tip to prevent, but antiperspirant/deo is what makes your sweat stain yellow and stink worse. I use baking soda, just a little, wetted, rubbed over damp skin. It might work for you, did for me. I find myself a lot less repugnant, which would probably help your self-consciousness if you're having the same issues I did.
>>
>>9645798
Oh shit, did not realize. I'll take a look, thanks!
>>
>>9644624
>>9645684
>>9645791
>>9645807
Thanks so much gulls. I feel much better knowing I'm not completely alone with this problem. I'll try some of the things you've suggested.
>>
I've bought with buyee before, do they automatically register you with a tenso or do you still have to make your own tenso account if you just need a forwarding service (and not buying through buyee). If so, where could i find those details?

Possibly a retarded question, but that's why I'm here I guess
>>
>>9645793
What? That anon is mostly right (I don't think sweet looks like ageplay)
>>
What's the difference between Roma Gyaru and Hime Kaji?
>>
>>9645930
You need two separate accounts. The registration process is not any different than signing up for any other online site. Just go to tenso and click on register or whatever.
>>
>>9645560
I got Bunny House to make me a tea-length one.
>>
>>9646064
Not much really.
>>
I want to start wearing Lolita fashion, but I have no idea where to start. Please help.
>>
>>9646402
google
>>
>>9646402
Read this: http://thelolitaguidebook.tumblr.com/ and also F Yeah Lolita (4chins thinks the link is spam, google will find it for you)
>>
>>9646408
thanks I'll check it out
>>
>>9646402
>>9646416
The http://thelolitaguidebook.tumblr.com is shit, just look at lolita magazines and buy nice lolita clothes. wear a petticoat.
>>
So I've known about lolita fashion for years, been buying stuff for two, wearing it for one...and somehow I never got it in mind to actually investigate Antique Beast even with everyone and their mom using that cat headdress. Now that I know it's a cool selection of stuff they make when their order window opens, I've got a question or two. First, is it like an AP bloodbath generally or moreso you just have to be ready when they open and you're probably good? Also, from what I see online the quality is really good, is there anything one should avoid from them?
>>
>>9641090
holy shit you the best anon
>>
>>9646495
It's generally mto unless she runs out of fabric or something I guess
>>
>>9646402
Have at least $300? Buy a petticoat and shoes from a taobao reseller who have them in stock. Buy a nice blouse from lacemarket. Buy a full set of JSK, tights, and headbow from lacemarket. Start to build your closet from there.
>>
>>9640619
How do you find out which styles are most popular in Japan?
>>
>>9646536
Buy Japanese magazines and check online magazines. If you mean alt fashion check out kerastyle and jabberwocky.tokyo
>>
>>9646528
thanks a lot. Really helps!!
>>
How do I use Taobao/other sites that are in different languages? Do I need a shipping service? If so how do I use a shipping service?
>>
>>9646557
>>9646528
If it helps any, use a methodology. Find a main piece you love or a color scheme you admire. Then picture different coords you can make with this item.

Example: I like sailor theme, blue and white colors with some pastel, I buy the cheap bodyline sailor jsk, then later I get two different blouses and headwear for two different looks. Maybe one blouse would go great with an AP marine print or a Meta sailor OP. Bingo, the wardrobe unfolds.

Or alternately, even if you hate it you can sell and try again
>>
What Lolita stuff is still available to a 39 inch/100 cm bust

I am unfortunate titty-chan and I crave death
>>
>>9643140
when I was a mod for lolita_secret she was just getting started with her modelling career and her friends messaged me constantly begging me to not post secrets about her
>>
>>9646968
Plenty. I have an even bigger bust and I wear AP, BTSSB, Meta, and even some IW.

Just check the measurements.
>>
>>9646968

I feel you, anon. There's a lot of stuff, but you have to sift, sift, sift, sift through everything. It's a pita.

Basically anything that has the back fully shirred *may* go over 100cm. Especially if it's Meta (any time) or AP from 2013 onwards, or AP's Happy Garden. But you do have to check measurements, some of them stop around ~98cm and won't fit. And if you have a regular-sized torso I'd recommend going for low-waisted dresses as the dresses don't always have a lot of fabric length-wise, so even if it fits sometimes the waist ends up nipping at your underbust.

Alternatively, buy one of the Enchantlic Enchantilly or Triple Fortune fully shirred dresses. If you don't like fully shirred dresses, take it to a tailor's and have them take them apart and resew a half-shirred bodice out of the fabric. Only Enchantlic Enchantilly, Triple Fortune or Meta has enough fabric though. Don't even bother with btssb fully shirred dresses, they're made for small tiny people despite being fully shirred.

For btssb there's a line of dresses they made in larger sizes way back in like 2010 or something. But they're kind of hard to find since they're so old. You can request photos of the dress tag, if there's three hearts on it then it's the L size dress (you still have to check lolibrary for measurements though, the snow milk bunny dress doesn't go over 100cm even at L size)
>>
>>9647015
>regular sized torso

Might have an issue there, anon

I'm big boned, and not in the meme way
My ribcage is wider set, even when I was younger and tiny because of medication (still 'fun sized', at just over 5') and could see my ribcage, it was wider.
>>
File: lardfat.jpg (209 KB, 1024x614)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
At what point are you fat? I'm coming into lolita from a fashion background of a purely Goth style. It you were fat and goth it was never a problem, least ways where I hung out. Coming into Lolita there's this huge emphasis on weight and I'm not sure where I stand now. With a 32 inch waist, I used to be average if reaching slightly into chubby, but now apparently anything over 76cm is a bloated manatee?

at what point are you fat?
>>
>>9647084
If you have to ask you're probably fat. 30" and above is probably fat unless you're ridiculously yall. In which case you're going to run into other fit issues.
>>
>>9647031

It's actually referring to torso length. If you're short, you still stand a good chance of fitting into AP and Meta. Since you're targeting shirred items, they'll stretch to accommodate your ribcage.

fully shirred Enchantlic Enchantilly and Triple Fortune should still fit, though. They're so big that regular Japanese girls tend to look like they're drowning in fabric, so they should fit bigger girls just fine.

It's another question whether they look good or not, though. Can't really tell until you have the dress in hand and put it on, unfortunately.
>>
>>9647084

You may not have issues finding clothes, but even with gothic some girls do still say they're fat if they have an apple shape or a lot of love handles.

With lolita, a lot of it is tied to the sizing of available clothes. When you're bigger than 66cm, you start having to check the sizing on all unshirred pieces. At 76cm, you're going to find a lot more pieces that don't really fit you, even if they're shirred, or dresses just looks wonky when you put it on. The clothes are too small for you.

Then you look around you and realise that there's plenty of other girls who do fit into them, in fact, nearly everyone else fits just fine into <76cm waist dresses, and then there's you. What's more logical, every other lolita is too skinny, or you're too fat? Ergo, you must be fat (for lolita, anyway).

Note that this doesn't really take into account your height. If you're taller than usual, muscular and fit, you might not be actually fat. You're still going to have all the same issues fitting into any burando, though.
>>
>>9647084
It's hard to say because lolita is inherently made for Japanese girls who are generally smaller than western girls, even though by Japanese standards lolita sizing is large and apparently the fashion is considered "fat girl fashion" there.
Having said that, you can find things in your size if you look up thread, and there are plus sized brands like Maxicimam Lovely that cater to larger sizes and look great. In my opinion size doesn't matter as much as long as you dress yourself well and consider your entire look (that is, including hair and makeup and everything else).
>>
>>9647084
Most of the posts about waists bigger than 70cm being fat aren't serious. The ana chan side of the board probably takes it seriously and or has an even more hardcore limit or something. Did hwc start the whole 70cm waist thing? Or just some other rando anon?

In real life there are so many actual fat lolitas and fat acceptance is so in your face that it gets annoying. No one in real life gives a shit about whether you're fat as long as you can dress yourself. I would have thought goth communities would really idolize that emaciated look though.
>>
>>9647125
Believe it or not that's considered chubby by a lot of people, especially in a fashion that originates in a country with very low obesity rates.

I know it's difficult to accept that people can be that strict about weight, especially if you yourself are over weight, but it's not just people joking around or a bunch of anorexics pushing their own image issues on to everyone else.
>>
>>9647125
Agreeing with >>9647128. I maintain a certain size with strictness and I've never had an ED, didn't/don't have body issues and don't push my opinions on other people. And I maintain in accordance to my own height, frame and body type. Ultimately that's what's most important for people to assess for themselves in a healthy manner.
>>
File: 1420528668045.jpg (78 KB, 420x600)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>9647125
It's chubby if you're 5'3 or below. In a Japanese fashion that pretty much becomes the standard then. Japanese people are also much more at risk of diabetes and heart problems as an ethnicity. I'm under 5' and I admittedly sometimes have trouble remembering not everyone is the same height range as me. Same for the opposite though. Post a low weight or measurement without thinking and suddenly there's six posts about "ana-chans" and humblebragging.

That being said saying you won't fit above that is absolutely ridiculous. Lolita is actually the "fat girl fashion" in Japan, something like Gyaru in it's heyday would give all these anons a heart attack. Unless you're going solely for 90s-2000s lolita and avoiding any shirring or Meta you'll find tons of things that fit. I've already posted about it several times these last few weeks in detail, but tldr check measurements and even Moitie will be fine.
>>
>>9647125
>I would have thought goth communities would really idolize that emaciated look though.
Maybe in fiction. Not to say there aren't goths who suffer from anorexia or are even pro-ana but that's a mental illness and has nothing to do with the fact they're goth.
>>
>>9645751
this is cute haha
>>
>>9647149
I missed that part somehow. Yeah this girl is definitely an angry fatty. Who else is going to try to say an entire music based subculture all have a severe life threatening mental illness? Especially when if you take two seconds to look at any goth events past the 90s it's always maybe 2-10 skinny people at absolute most. Mainly men and young teenagers at that.
>>
>>9647155
My post wasn't meant to be read as angry. I was just commenting that it's not a death sentence to have a larger waist in lolita and that only irrational hardliners who have problems of their own will ever be a dick to you about it.

I made the comment about the goth thing because my casual interest in the styling of the subculture had lead me to believe that thinness is prized. Clearly I was mistaken because I am an outsider. I never said all goths have EDs? I think you need to go to bed.
>>
>>9647146
I realize that 76+cm is considered bigger in Japan, but like you say it depends on your height. This is the whole reason why I think it's dumb to throw out numbers and ask if that's "too fat." It depends ofc.
>>
>>9647189
>>9647191
>emaciated
>abnormally thin or weak, especially because of illness or a lack of food.

Unless you're ESL that's an extremely poor choice for something that's not supposed to be related to literally starving to death. When your post is complaining about people judging your health and mentality that's extremely hypocritical and paints a very different picture.

If you're asking for health reasons yes any imageboard is an incredibly stupid place for it, but the vast majority of the time anons are asking if they'll fit without going purely indie/handmade. In that sense being 4'2 or 6'9 won't make a difference either way if you have a 40in waist. Body measurements are the only thing that matters width wise, so yes it's a valid question.
>>
Is there any store that ships to America within a reasonable time? (Not 30+ days)

Also can I get some good recommendations on jfash store? New to it. Don't want to order from taobao or AliExpress right now.
>>
>>9647304
Can't recommend a store without knowing what style you're into. Most stores that ship internationally will ship via EMS, others will need a shopping service, many of which offer EMS or other methods of express shipping.
>>
>>9647315
Hmm, is there a place I can learn about each style? I didn't read anything about it in the sticky
>>
>>9647331
Why do you want to get into jfashion?
>>
>>9647331
Googling "Japanese street fashion" yields plenty of results, go in there and do some research. Don't rely on every source you come across, do actual research: When you find a picture and a name of a style that clicks with your tastes, google that and google it again to see what more information you can find about it. Keep in mind your own tastes and what *you* would want to wear. And don't be afraid of this, learning about this is part of the fun.
Mind you, when you do actual research on this, chances are you'll find the names of the brands that are associated with the styles so you won't have to come back here and ask about them. If you don't find them, come back to the board and check the catalog and see if there's a thread about your preferred style here, and if there is, check that out and find your resources there.
It's a lot easier and fun than it sounds, just jump right into it.
>>
>>9647331
>>9647444
Commenting again to add that you should remember that most styles have existed for quite a few years, some at least a decade or even more than two decades (like lolita), so chances are that what you need to know about them has already been asked before and the answers are available to you online. If you don't find the answer you're looking for there's always the dumb jfash question thread, just try to find the answer yourself first, you'll probably find it.
>>
What "high fashion" brands were important to the development of harajuku and alt fashion in japan? I can only think of Vivienne Westwood and Yohji Yamamoto
>>
>>9648514
Comme des Garcons is another one, especially for punk and goth fashion. I'm sure I'll think of more later.
>>
Are you able to request shopping services to buy something for you that's in-store only?
>>
>>9648660
Do you mean in Japan? Off the top of my head, Mint Kismet (Osaka) and Astros Secrets (Tokyo) do it. Tenshi probably does too, but she's in Sendai if I'm not mistaken.
Some Chinese SS do it too.
>>
How do deposits/preorders work when buying from taobao stores? Are there any recommended shopping services that know how to properly handle this?
>>
>>9648660
As long as the SS in question is close enough to the store and offers in-store, they can do it and they'll usually say so in their service offerings.

Nearly all of the swimmer orders I have been making have been in-store only because their website's been out of stock ever since they announced they were closing.
>>
>>9648703
I use TaobaoRing, and when I want to get in on a preorder I just put the link in my cart and specify the size/colour I want. They then invoice me for the total cost (deposit + the rest) at once plus fees, and make the deposit. Usually there's a little message like "will take 2 months to make" or something. Once the item is finished they presumably pay the rest of the money, have it shipped to them and then invoice me for international shipping, as usual. I can't speak for other shopping services but with TBR it's pretty much like putting in an order that takes months to arrive rather than days.
>>
>>9648708
Great, thank you a lot!
>>
>>9648514
Just want to point out beforehand that I'm biased to street Harajuku Jfashion.
>Kenzo
I remember when Takeshitadoori was flooded with tiger sweatshirts. Even gyaru magazines featured it. Of course it's not only that, but it's the most jarring example.
>Issey Miyake
http://tokyofashion.com/?s=issey+miyake
>A Bathing Ape
Colorful streetwear

One that people miss out a lot is Dr. Martens, but I'm not sure if it's considered a high fashion brand.
I'd also say Nicola Formichetti was an indirect influence since he used to be Lady Gaga's stylist and everyone idolized her style.
>>
>>9648514
Onitsuka tiger has been around for ages, and Misako design studios both had a significant impact on the general jfash and alt scene.
>>
File: 046.jpg (305 KB, 800x1099)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
Can anyone read where the purple animal bag and medical bag are from?
>>
>>9648823
Animal bag is Nile Perch. Can't read the medical supplies bag, but the first two characters spell out Bunka, like the fashion college, so it might be a student project. Could be wrong though- is there a better scan?
>>
>>9648831
It seems like 文化〇〇貸店 but the two middle kanji are really impossible to read.
What’s the source of this?
>>
How much difference does one cm make with fitting into a jsk
>>
>>9649052
Is it shirred?
>>
>>9649052

Assuming an unshirred jsk and the measurements are accurate, you should be 2cm under to properly fit into it. If you're 1cm over, you could probably still zip it up, but the fabric is certainly taking damage somewhere, and you'll look like a stuffed sausage.

Far more likely you find that where your bust and waist are doesn't directly match up with where the dress's bust and waist are, and this will cause even more fit problems. Definitely be a couple of cm under. Even for a shirred jsk, you'll want to be slightly under the max, not even at the max.
>>
>>9648823
I was wrong, it doesn't have anything to do with the Bunka fashion school. Apparently it's a JP store that carries vintage and original clothing. Here's some links, maybe try contacting them to see if they accept overseas orders.
facebxxk.com/bunkayazakkaten.tokyo
twixxer.com/bunkayazakkaten
Replace the xs
>>
>>9649067
Partially Shirred
>>
>>9649119
If you're going from the flat measurements, you should be fine. If you're above the maximum or max range, it'll be pretty dicey, at best.
>>
Is glitzy wonderland a scam shop? I remember one of the taobao resellers suddenly stopped talking to its customers and became really bed, but I don't remember which one it was.
>>
>>9649343
That was Qutieland.
>>
>>9649687
Really? I used Qutieland for a while and it was fine. Maybe it went to shit after that?
>>
>>9649856
When did you last use them?
>>
How do I search for items on fril and mercari? Is there a list of brands, or a way to search for lolita items in general?
>>
>>9649863
Fril has a list of brands that you can use, and of course the search function if the particular brand you want doesn't have a tag of its own. On mercari I just use the search function with brand names and lolita terms (カチューシャ for headbow, for example) if I'm looking for something specific.
>>
Am i just abnormally paranoid?

I cannot fathom paying $60+ for a blouse that im going to sweat in and stain. Do i need to invest in some heavy antipersperate? All of my lolita blouses are black but I feel like it really limits my wardrobe. Is there a hidden trick to this?
>>
>>9649863
They both let you search by brand. If you type the brand into the search bar on Fril it will give you a few autocomplete suggestions which will take you straight to the brand page. On Mercari there is a brand list (second link under their logo on the website), or you can type the brand you're looking for in the search bar, then from the search results choose an item from the brand you're looking for, there will be a link to all items from the same brand in the item description.
>>
>>9649865
Get your armpits botoxed. Not even joking. I know it doesn't work for everyone, it did for me though. Not only do I not have to worry about stains, but also my confidence skyrocketed because I don't have to worry about sweat in stressful situations.
>>
>>9649864
>>9649866
Thank you, anons. I was searching using the English translation of brand names. But this is much easier!
>>
I have several longer dresses from IW now, and they just look really awful with my normal pettis underneath. What longer petti would y'all recommend? I was looking at Classical Puppets but I wasn't sure which to choose.
>>
>>9649865
Maybe it would help you if you get blouses in other colours instead of white/ivory. For myself it changed a lot when I found out how much fabric and labour/time it actually costs to make nice blouses.
>>
>>9649890
For longer petticoats I love Victorian Maiden and Physical Drop. They are worth the price considering how much use you get out of them, some even double as an underskirt.
>>
>>9649865
I'm a sweaty beast and I always wear undershirts with sewn in sweat guards. I have a bunch of them in various colours. The blouses still need to be washed after every wear, but they don't get nearly as gross as they would if I wore them directly against my skin.
>>
>>9649897
Thanks for the suggestion! I'm just worried if those are poofy enough... The dresses I'm talking about are IW's longer length, and the skirts are quite full.
>>
>>9649902
A very good idea anon, thank you
>>
>>9649890

IW carries their own petticoat, should work better for their own dresses if you're really worried about the shape. You want the ones labeled as パニエ or "pannier" (in burandospeak a "petticoat" is an underskirt and a "pannier" is a petticoat). They aren't very poofy compared to AP, but IW's long dresses are less poofy than their short ones anyhow. You don't want to overstuff your skirt, it looks odd.

Taobao petticoats, the last long one I got was from Little Dipper but sold out now. It's poofy enough for IW, I guess you can keep an eye on them and see if they re-release it.
>>
>>9649890
Just saw this in one of the other threads: https://world.taobao.com/item/529848568673.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700824.w4004-13466018201.12.7315c1b9aK01lx

It's probably the most poof I've seen any long petti give.
>>
>>9649941
I think long lolita dresses/skirts look ugly with that much poof
>>
>>9649865
They also make stick on armpit guards, i normally use these and wash the blouse as soon as i get home. I wouldnt use hot water just in case you set in the stains.
>>
Do Bubbles or Jouetie ever copy other brands or use images on their clothing without permission?
>>
Does Wunderwelt give you tracking numbers? I made my first order with them recently and want to see if I can track it
>>
how often does usagiyouhinten update?
>>
>>9650080
Yep they do!
>>
>>9650105
It's sporadic, and all the updates I've seen have been more steampunk than lolita lately.
>>
Does anyone know the jbrand Scolar? I can't find their website anywhere.
>>
Whats the best place to look for second hand Vivienne Westwood? Japan or Europe?
>>
>>9649856
they stopped being good in early 2014, i ordered a petti then and waited 9 months for it.
>>
>>9650222
ebay UK
>>
>>9650273
I don't think I'm good enough at recognizing fakes to go on ebay
>>
>Order a few things, have them shipped to Tenso
>Take care not to go over the 2kg mark, as I want them to go by small package
>Everything goes fine, Tenso consolidate my package, send it off as a small parcel
>Get email from Tenso that 'unfortunately the package's dimensions do not meet the requirements of Registered AIR Small Packet' & I'll have to pay for shipping again

That just seems pretty irrensponsible on their part given that they were the ones to mislabel/mispackage the parcel in the first place. Might a pretty desparate/stupid question but is it even worth asking for a discount on shipping in this case? Has anyone tried this in this situation?
>>
>>9650202
http://www.scolar.jp/
>>
Anyone know where I can get replacement plastic stands for a gakuran collar?
>>
Does anyone know if we still have something like "Lolita Blog Carnival" active? I wanted to join this kind of thing since I'm an active poster an would be nice to meet other bloggers.

Also, are there any golden blouses to wear with lolita? Maybe transparent fabric with glitter?
>>
>>9650995
I mean, the blog carnival itself still exists on Facebook, if that's what you mean? I don't think many people are active on it anymore. I know I'm not.
>>
>>9650730
If I understand what you're talking about, they did not "send it off" the first time. Your options for shipping are first determined by the weight and that's typically what's shown. Tenso recommends EMS so they don't assume you'll want small package and don't pre-measure.
If you select / pay for small package but it turns out your package is too large in dimension, they just refund your money and give you only the international parcel options (for SAL and Air).
This happens to me all the time bc I always want the cheapest option (that's not on ship) but sometimes the (<2kg) items are packaged in too large of a box. They don't give you a discount bc they didn't actually "make a mistake". You just first picked an option that you didn't actually qualify for. It's stupid but that's what it is. At most, you could ask them to repackage but they'll probably insist that it's that size for your items' protection.
>>
When using Keimarket, if a buyer doesn't have a Paypal account/email, could they still purchase from a seller through the "Don't have a PayPal account?" option?
>>
>>9651196
Keimarket, like Lacemarket, is just a platform to connect buyers and sellers. Assuming that a buyer somehow signed up without giving their PayPal info (which is a requirement for signing up), its up to the individual seller what other payment options they want to accept.
>>
File: wego.jpg (165 KB, 600x800)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>9640619
I'm new to the jfash look and bought some multi strap mary jane heels in jp but idk how to coord with my norm clothes ;A; pls help
>>
Besides Sock Dreams, does anyone have any US based sites (or stores) for a wide selection of tights/socks? Sock Dreams has nothing in ivory in stock right now and I'm tired of Chinese tights being too small.
>>
>>9651220
Lose some weight
>>
>>9651220
Lose some height
>>
>>9651220
I like Free People sometimes when it's on sale, their brick and mortar stores have more stock/frequent sales than online though.
American Eagle/Aerie usually has a bunch of white/offwhite OTKs, and tights during the winter season.
>>
>>9651220
We Love Colors has tights
>>
>>9651229
>>9651231
Thank you!
>>
>>9651209
start by wearing skirts instead of sweatpants
>>
>>9651209
I'm going to say two words that will help you immensely and years later when you're like 20 you'll look back on them and be grateful for me;

Lurk more.
>>
>>9651082
Oh, I was thinking about the whole thing of getting monthly themes and everyone suggesting blogs that were part of the network etc. I guess it's dead now... but thanks anyway!
>>
How far above max can an unshirred Angelic Pretty OP go? Without a binder I’m right at the cusp so is it worth it to wear one?
>>
>>9651222
What's an acceptable weight/BMI for jfash?
>>
>>9651326

AP measurements are fairly accurate, unless they've made a copypaste error (which is a rare occurrence, last time I saw that was on some LP a few years ago). Also note that if you're taller or have a longer torso than the average Japanese girl the bust and waist might be at different places, so it's even more important to be a few cm under the measurements.

If it's just the bust or waist, I'd go for a sportsbra or waist cincher rather than a binder. But yes, worth while to get one if you're on the cusp of measurements. If nothing else, at least being a little smaller means you're not straining the seams of the dress.
>>
What kind of petticoat do you wear under a sack dress anyway?
>>
>>9651472
18.5-19.5~
>>
>>9649865
>>9649902
>>9649984
i'm in theatre and we also do press studded dress shields, that way you can take them out and wash them separately which is nice for more delicate/dry clean only items
>>
>>9650307
theres a good guide on livejournal. look for things like the nameplate missing a dotted "i' and the orb having a straight line through it instead of curved, as well as the centre of the orb being a small circle, and the cross being square bottomed. little things like that are good tip-offs
>>
>>9641461
I had a cheep one. So I ran it through a serger to cutt off a couple inches and finish the edge at the same time.
>>
>>9651472
>inb4 any

>>9651496
ideal, but probably not acceptable. Ideal is 18-19.5, acceptable is probably 16-25

a lot of people that don't like chub are gonna round it down to 21 or 22, but personally up to 25 is fine.

It also depends on height, a fat short person looks worse than a fat tall person assuming the fatness is relative. In my opinion, anyway.
>>
>>9647084
Usually if your aren't a couple inches smaller around your waist than half your height, you're fat. So say, beyond 28 inches at 5'4".
>>
>>9651596
It also depends on the distribution of the weight and the frame etc.
Personally I'd rather use measurements as a standard and not the BMI. Depending on the kind of J-Fash it can already get difficult as soon as your waist is larger than 64 cm or your bust larger than like 80. In Lolita, I feel it gets more difficult to find dresses if your measurements are larger than 90-70. Broad shoulders can also be a bad asset.
>>
>>9649865
I think it was mentioned in another thread recently, but there also is this trick with using sanitary pads. You wear an undershirt and stick them to the armpit section. Some girl from my comm actually does that, I haven't asked how well it works for her though.
>>
>>9651495

Usually A-line.

If you're short/the dress is long you can stack an A-line over a bell for maximum poof. It's kind of cute in a decorative christmas tree traffic cone sort of look. Don't do it if you're tall/dress is short, it shows too much leg and looks weird.
>>
File: 24888742_8_D_500.jpg (33 KB, 500x600)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
I really want fluffy shoes, but shipping is so high for them and 'big' parcels easily get hit by customs (I live in Europe). Are there any Western brands with shoes like this? These are from ahcahcum.muchacha but I also like the Swankiss ones. Doesn't even have to be sandals.
>>
>>9651596
You have a different idea of what's acceptable than I do then, because I genuinely think anyone with a BMI above that shouldn't be in Jfash or Lolita. The heavier you are the more off it looks on you.
>>
>>9651933
>tfw 19.6 BMI
>>
>>9651615
Agree. Broad shoulders will lock you out of OPs and tops even if your bust and waist are at or under given measurements. And if you have a wide ribcage you can still be screwed if your bust is 80cm and your waist is 64cm and the item in question doesn't have shirring.

BMI won't tell you jack shit about any of this.
>>
>>9651933
That's fair. Everyone has a different opinion about fashion and body. Honestly as long as you aren't spamming up threads with fatty I could give less of a fuck. Imo an overweight well dressed girl looks better than a twiggy ita 90% of the time, but smaller girls always look cuter in lolita if it's a level field.
>>
>>9651933
Are you forgetting that muscle is heavier than fat and BMI is bullshit? My roommate is short and has muscular legs from ballet, her BMI is 27 and she has a 26" waist. She would look perfect in lolita.
>>
>>9651596
Tall fat people look even worse than short fat people. They either look like lumbering giants, which isn't cute or elegant, or oversized babies, which is just disturbing. Their measurements will also be even bigger overall. Not to mention the flabby thigh flashing you get when an already tall person wears a dress where their bust fills up the entire bodice so the waistline sits way too high.

Speaking of flabby bare thighs, what happened to the obese girl with the enormous chin and nonexistant lips who kept doing OTT coords in AP that was clearly too small and too short for her? Her name was something ridiculous like Smoochie Coochie or something and she had a "public figure" page on FB.
>>
>>9651973
Look outside anon, less than 1% I see day to day or complaining about bmi or even vaguely athletic. At most it's a potbelly 40yo bragging about how many cheerleaders he got in high school. People that don't apply like The Rock never give a shit about people using bmi because they know they're not normal, everyone can see irl, they can just use their body measurements instead.

No one that's actually in shape gives a shit. I highly doubt your ballerina roomate that doesn't even go on cgl gives a shit about you "defending" her to make yourself feel better.
>>
Do you think this is worth 4900jpy? https://item.rakuten.co.jp/pica/mch-153-8161g/
I'm not familiar with ahcahcum
>>
>>9651980
Twoodie Tarte?
>>
>>9651962
Take a big shit and I'm sure you could get down to 19.5
>>
>>9651968
yeah. I have wide shoulders and a large rib cage and that makes finding blouses really troublesome. I have around 87 cm bust, but unless the given measurements are 94+ for something without shirring / a stretchy fabric, I can basically just forget about it.
>>
>>9652008
Absolutely not
>>
How overpriced is Spreepicky? I want to order from them in order to get a shout-out, but don't know if it's worth it or not. Or do they only post sponsored users?
>>
>>9651973
Ballet is on par with high performance athletics and dancers have way higher muscle mass an waaaaaay lower body fat than your average Lolita.

Also, professional ballet dancers stay 15% under their ideal (medical) weight for aesthetic reasons. Calling bullshit on your roommate being a professional classic ballet dancer. Thunderthighs is a powerlifter perhaps?
>>
>>9651930
No offense, but these look godawful. You might as well get yourself some fake fur and glue it onto a pair of sandals, and you're all set.
>>
>>9652386
>>9651930
You could actually do this if you wanted to, I saw a tutorial online, here it is: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=88-1LbhFLGs
Although it would probably be better to just pin the fur to the shoes if you don't wanna ruin them forever
>>
>>9651596
Not gonna say BMI is shit, but body type is important as well! Personally, I think a slim to slightly chubby pear or ruler is ideal for the fashion, but that's just me

Also chubby short girls are cute, but that's just my gay ass
Tall fat men are fucking terrifying
>>
>>9652386
>>9652390
I love how they look, no offence but I don't work with my hands
>>
>>9652259
lol I never said she was a professional ballet dancer? I said that she does ballet. Two very different things, anon.
>>
File: 18251167_o1.jpg (90 KB, 480x640)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>9649890
Maybe pic related would be good? I have one of their normal petti's and it's really poofy
>>
>>9651472
I'm at 21 and I'm too fat for this fashion
>>
i can't seem to figure out lolita dress pricing. is there a website that tracks second-hand going rates? i feel like there was in the past, but now I'm not sure.
>>
>>9651472
I’m 21.6, 52kg. I fit basically everything including oldschool brand skirts and stuff with no shirring.
>>
>>9652451
I'm at 21 BMI, 68cm waist, and weigh 61kg. I'm too fat for this fashion. The BMI doesn't mean anything, the measurements do.
>>
>>9652450
There used to be more threads here but they keep dying now. One of them was the price check thread.
>>
>>9651472
Depends your body shape and composition and what jfashion it is. Gyaru seems to work best on very low bmi/skinny stick figures imo, so most of the models are underweight range BMI, like 16-18.5. Lolita is a fatties' fashion in Japan, to look good in it you need slim/skinny lower legs and arms and a nice face since everything else is covered, so apple and pear shaped bodies are ok. Top heavy/hourglass looks odd in lolita unless you've got 50s inspiration going.
>>
>>9652469
How about fashions with less rules, like larme, nanchatte or mori?
>>
>>9648514
Also check out Undercover by Jun Takahashi and Jean Paul Gaultier! To a lesser extent there's brands like Christopher Nemeth and 20471120.

>>9648565
Rei Kawakubo and Yohji Yamamoto actually dated at one point which I think is really cute hahaha
>>
>>9652644
larme and mori look best on banana shapes imo

especially mori because there's so much layering and there needs to be enough contrast between the bulky silhouette and the body itself
>>
>>9652683
Nanchatte especially looks hideous if you've got any sort of waist definition/non-stick thighs. Makes me sad as heck because I'm a thunderthigh hourglass and I just want to be kawaii.
>>
What are some good ss to preorder from atelier boz?
>>
are there any good nanchatte taoboas?
>>
>>9652407
>no offence but I don't work with my hands

Well someone's snooty. I hope you look classier than you sound in your caveman sandals, anon.

>>9652429
Plenty of people take adult ballet classes, that doesn't mean they're in good shape.
>>
>>9652862
Here are a few that I like

https://shop36089213.world.taobao.com/
https://shop63602122.world.taobao.com

more on the spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/tOeXoDJWoPorNJ2BUwAdJfw/htmlview?pli=1
>>
>>9652407
You can find similar shoes in most retailers. Fur mules are pretty much one of the biggest shoe trends this year, so you can get away with wearing them as your normal wardrobe too.
>>
File: 15068555271110.jpg (89 KB, 500x750)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>9640619
Hello, gulls!
I am extremely obsessed by this dolly kei/cult party kei/mori kei gal. All I found are these four images.
Are there someone who know her name or something? I suppose she may be cult party idol Mimeko (http://ameblo.jp/mimeko - deleted blog), but I'm not sure.
Thanks in advance for your replies!
>>
>>9653135
>>
>>9653135
Three.
>>
>>9653135
Four.
>>
File: 123456.jpg (92 KB, 320x599)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
What style is pic related?
>>
There's an item I want on lacemarket. I notice that the seller bought it for considerably less than what they are currently pricing it for- and it is not a widely desirable print. Would it be bad manners to offer to buy it for the price that they bought it for?
>>
>>9653157
Go for it
>>
most of the jfash i see around is majority/only girls
any branches that are more masculine? besides ouji/aristo
>>
>>9653176
Visual kei is probably the only one worth mentioning. Menswear is boring and awful.
>>
>>9653176
look at what brands the guys are wearing on jabberwocky.tokyo and jmagazine scans
>>
>>9653183
damn, thought so
>>
>>9641461
I like to cut them off a cm under the waistband, then cut off as much as you need and sew the petti back to the waist
>>
>>9644105
Older Meta is big, but this is no longer true. Their newer partial shirred cuts boobloaf on me at 89 bust, 67 waist. I have stopped buying meta because it is clearly made for someone tiny now. The sailor dresses I wanted last two years had unshirred sleeves even They used to have 94 bust on unshirred dresses and go to to 100 on fatties but lately I think meta is cut very petite
>>
>>9653202
The plus-size designer anon is talking about left ages ago and started Physical Drop
>>
>>9646528
I disagree with the set mentality unless you start with a solid color set. I started with sets and was stuck with a few mediocre coords until I had enough solids to mix and match. It makes your coords look so much more refined if you have versatile pieces that aren't specific to a certain print. Ex- plain black otks and a plain black headbow (or all pink and white stuff if you like pastels better)
>>
>>9653202
Really? Sorry other anons but that makes me extremely happy. I've had to pass up so much cute oldschool because of it swamping me. Do you have any specific releases you can give flat measurements for? What do you think the minimum measurement that would still fit correctly would be?
>>
>>9653232
For example of it being small the night carnival OP was stretched too tight in front even though I'm well under the max at 89 bust. Rose Birdcage jsk was another, it wasn't as bad but not comfortable. Idk how small you should be as I sold them but I'd say probably 85
>>
Not sure if It belongs here but what does one bring to a comm gift exchange? We have a $20 limit, and I'm not sure if I should do a bundle of (small) accessories for sweet, classic, and goth or something else.
>>
>>9653264
Do you mean 85 as max, minimum, or ideal? Because even with the two bra trick I have a 82cm bust. Thanks anyway anon.
>>
>>9653154
larme
>>
How long should I wait before contacting a seller who hasn't sent an invoice? Tomorrow will be two days since I bought an item and I still haven't received an invoice.
>>
Is there any kind of shopping service that you can have something sent to and then pick it up in person? I'm going on vacation to Japan soon and there are a few pieces on closetchild that I'm afraid somebody will snatch away before I make it to the physical store they're at and they have a time limit on desired delivery dates with the latest possible right now being 3 times before I arrive in Japan.
>>
>>9655254
maybe look for a warehouse that "accepts packages"
i have mine sent to a furniture store like some kind of undercover drug ring
>>
Any good recommendations for clip in bangs? Like full ones, not see through or "air bangs".
>>
I have this skirt but I realize I don't have any tops to coord it with. Would it be ok to coord this with something white? Or should I stick with pink/lavender?
>>
Can you layer pettis? If so, which layer does the higher quality one go?
>>
>>9656209
>https://www.amazon.com/REECHO-Fashion-Piece-Fringe-Extensions/dp/B01HEJ5ZMM/ref=pd_sim_194_5?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01HEJ61CA&pd_rd_r=HJSJA34F4SCQR41BYY16&pd_rd_w=avP74&pd_rd_wg=TC0rE&refRID=HJSJA34F4SCQR41BYY16&th=1

honestly most of the cheap amazon ones are pretty good? theres also an as-seen-on-tv kind i forget the name, made with real hair
>>
>>9656317
lol
>>
>>9654309
no
>>
A dress I want is available on both Wunderwelt and Closet Child. Which should I, an American, buy from?
>>
>>9657132
Which is cheeper? But, I prefer closet child, they are easy to navigate and ship quickly.
>>
I want to buy a coat but I don't know from what brand has the warmest coats (or better quality) Recommendations?? Any review between AP and Btssb??

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.