[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: scrooge.jpg (72 KB, 355x236)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
Let's play a game, cgl.

You have just been given $100. You have 24 hours to spend it. You cannot spend more than this amount and any amount you don't spend will vanish. You can spend it online or in person.

What do you buy?

Try to keep it cgl related. Be as specific as you can, and post pics if you're able.
>>
>>9642754
That doesn't even cover fabric costs, anon.
>>
>>9642756
It doesn't have to be lolita related and it doesn't have to be a dress. It could be a wig, an accessory, merch for your husbando, whatever.
>>
>>9642754
that can get me 1 roll of big foam, 2 cans of adhesive, and alot of masking tape
>>
>>9642754
Two taobao skirts and a strawberry cheese cake.
>>
>>9642754
Anon you really should've said at least 1k
100 will get you next to nothing in this weeb life.

If I had to tho I'd at least get this figure, it's been on my wishlist for a while.
Probably buy myself some udon with the leftover bills

If not that then some charms for my itbag
>>
a couple of wigs because my once-amazing hair is falling out
>>
>>9642758
>dress
Bruh I'm a cosplayer and 100 burgerbucks aren't even going to cover my fabric costs.
>>
>>9642754
i mean I can almost afford a decent lacefront wig for this, provided I can pick it up/dont have to pay for shipping

or I guess like a few pairs of lenses and some eva foam
>>
>>9642754
>$100
is this a joke
>>
>>9642754
>anon tries to engage the community
>anon is also is retarded
You tried?
>>
>>9642770
Same anon. Stupid thyroid.
>>
I'll just play with $1000.
I'd spend the entire day browsing mercari and Japanese auctions and bid on a bunch of basic cheap stuff until I got to like $850 and then save the rest for shipping and SS fees. If I couldn't find anything good before the time end, I'd probably get a couple big Lolita desu lucky packs.
>>
Probably get the carb rebuilt on my skylark. Qt cosplay gfs don't like skrubs with no car.
>>
File: 1473018534724.jpg (65 KB, 331x590)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>9642754
>100 dollars
son I spent more than that just experimenting with different materials and tools for a single part of a single cosplay that I don't plan on revisiting, and also dumped because I got bored of it.

Granted, I didn't buy them in one day, so I guess more of the following would always be nice:

Rotary tool (set)
foamcutting knives
If I still have 5-10 bucks left than more paint.
>>
$100 lmao
I'd get myself a Dremel and hot knife, maybe Eva foam if there's enough leftover for that.
>>
File: IMG_0156.jpg (49 KB, 405x363)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>assuming you can buy a lot with $100 when a typical lolita coord costs more than $500

well i guess id just buy a pair of rocking horse shoes and maybe get a pair of tea parties too or accessories that match my dresses
>>
>>9645156
>RHSes for 100$
I want to know where you're getting them from. Unless you just mean Bodyline ones or something then carry on.
>>
>>9642754
A few of those sesame bags from WEGO
>>
>>9642754
$100 is too little to buy any decent tools, clothing, or wigs, so it pretty much narrows it down to materials.

Probably just buy $100 worth of EVA foam and rolls of sketch paper. It'd last me quite a while.
>>
I'd buy myself the U.S. > Europe shipping from someone who's probably selling a fucking ring
>>
I saw a burando salopette for about $100 that I liked... But every dress I want is a bit more than that. Maybe I would get a brand necklace and ring instead?
>>
theres a dress on wunderwelt for about $100 and i have a 2500 yen off so maybe that can account for shipping..=
>>
>>9645266
or customs because the asshole didnt fucking mark it down or as a gift.
>>
I would spend it on Amazon gift cards because I can then easily hit $100 when and where I want.
I will have spent the money, but it just turns into amazon money.
>>
Ahri costume, halloween dress and a red bob wig.
>>
>>9645266
I laughed way too hard at this. Fucking Eurofags trying to make their money back from customs fees
>>
>>9642754
A la closetchild

That or two and a half nice blouses
>>
>>9646122
Fuck, shipping...
I give it to a friend coming home from jp in a month
>>
A single pair of thigh high platform stripper boots and the raw materials to make a prop electric guitar.
>>
Comission art for body pillow of husbando since Sega will never give me all the Yakuza merch I need

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.