[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: larme.jpg (87 KB, 540x736)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
I want to wear larme kei, but I don't think I have the right body for it. I'm short (5'4) and quite curvy around the hips. I wouldn't consider myself fat, but my legs aren't exactly skinny, and my stomach isn't flat. I've started going to the gym, and tried to loose weight, but my parents aren't fond of me dieting, since my sister has suffered with anorexia. Thoughts?
>>
>>9646104
There's no one type of body that suits a certain type of fashion. Dress yourself well and it won't matter.
Diet ≠ anorexia. If you're exercising and eating well it can't be compared to an actual mental illness.
And please don't start your own thread, we have a dumb jfash question thread for questions like this.
>>
>>9646115
>sage

I understand where the parents are coming from, Anorexia has a strong familial and possibly genetic connection.

Go to jfash thread now
>>
>>9646104
Just try it. Buy one or two outfits you like and put them on. If it doesn't suit you, at least you'll know for sure. That's better than potentially missing out on something you could come to love due to the advice of strangers who don't even know what you look like.
>>
File: larme 018 12.jpg (448 KB, 1182x1600)
448 KB
448 KB JPG
Risa Nakamura is 5'3", so you're in no way too short. Try a coord with a nice pencil skirt to show off your hips. Larme uses plenty of pinup-inspired silhouettes that work nicely with a curvier body, just stay healthy, focus on fresh whole foods with lots of vitamins rather than obsessing over calorie content.
>>
>>9646104
5'4 is considered short? Fuck.
>>
>>9646104
>tried to loose weight, but my parents aren't fond of me dieting, since my sister has suffered with anorexia
You must be 18 years or older to visit this site, anon
>>
>>9646104
>>9647071
5'4 is literally one inch below average in America and almost everywhere outside of a select few European countries. The "impossibly tiny asians" range from 5'3 to 5'6 for women. It's just special snowflakes and weeb "irl loli" wannabes pushing this meme.
>>
>>9647205
Don’t know what asians you’re talking about, but I reckon Japan’s size range starts a bit lower. When I lived there 150~165cm is the completely normal. Any more than that is too tall for girls.
I’d say impossibly tiny asian range is 140~150cm, it’s rarer but still common.

>pic related, Makoto is canonically 168cm and considered super tall
>>
>>9646104
Larme-kei and Jfashion in general cover a lot of body. Having a flat tummy and large hips isn’t really going to be a problem either.
I’d say your height is an advantage rather than a worry, one or two inches more and you’d have to start paying attention to length rather than just bust-waist-hip measurements.
If you’re conscious about your hip area, you can use flared skirts to define your waist.
>>
>>9647353
>>
>>9647356
Just download a bunch of Larme magazines and save the stuff you like, find some common ground between the outfits and buy what you need.
>>
Go to >>9543283 please
>>
>>9647350
China is often split up into a bunch of different entries and a bunch of them list the female average at 5'5-5'6. Hence Asian and not Japanese specifically since anons say that about taobao/aliexpress nearly every other thread. That being said you just repeated the low end of my estimate? That makes OP's question sound even more ridiculous since she's asking if she's too tall/short one inch taller than the average.

The clothing is still not that much smaller. It's on par with US "petite" which is almost always 5'3-5'4 for some stupid reason. I'm just under 5' and sleeves are a bit long from everything I've ordered for example. Unless you're 5'6 or above length will never be a problem unless your width is taking up too much space. Like my skirts are always about 1 1/2 inches shorter in the back then the front.
>>
>>9647358
Cute

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.