[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 55 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: GS07-00041.jpg (57 KB, 1024x576)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
Just post your pet peeves in seeing others' cosplays or just the cosplay community in general
>>
>Someone asks to take your pic
>oh you're gonna pose like THAT?
>>
getting the obvious out of the way
>refusal to do anything with piercings
>people who are too full of themselves when all they do is buy chinese costumes
>costhots

specific
>wearing a restrictive cosplay
>someone asks me to dab for a picture
>the costume's arms do not move and even if they did, fuck off
>>
>>9646141
>go on /cgl/
>see posts condemning cosplayers for having fun and not taking the hobby seriously
>>
>>9646438
>people who buy chinese costumes
you can't really say this when threads like this shame people who try to make their own into buying chinese pre mades or commissioning
>>
>>9646273
>wear cute whatever
>Do a not cute pose
>woow what the fuck why are you so picky???
>>
>>9646454
Read better anon, I have zero issue with people who buy chinese costumes just to have fun cosplaying but I -do- have issues with people who think they're better than others when they can't even make their own shit. I've personally heard/seen it happen and it's baffling.
>>
>>9646463
then don't take the picture or keep it to yourself
you're asking the cosplayer to take a pic and they agreed, don't be self-entitled. You're not a professional photographer, you're someone taking a hall shot with a phone camera
>>
>>9646485
>Wear a cute outfit
>Do a not cute pose
>then don't take the picture or keep it to yourself you're asking the cosplayer to take a pic and they agreed, don't be self-entitled. You're not a professional photographer, you're someone taking a hall shot with a phone camera
>>
cut your wig bangs, you look terrible
i don't care if you're sweeping them to the side, you still need to cut them
>>
>>9646487
I don't understand what you're shitposting about at this point
>>
>>9646489
Shut up fatty
>>
>>9646492
what does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>9646454
>>9646478
I think we can all agree that cosplay quality is completely tied to attitude.

People who handmake amazing cosplay have the right to feel good about their work, show off, and act proud (but not be holier-than-thou assholes).

People who buy cheap Chinese cosplay have the right to have fun in it as long as they're honest about it and not doing things like entering contests (or bragging about their costumes, which I've never seen happen though I'm sure it does).
>>
>>9646493
It's the stem of the problem.
>>
>>9646273
I always ask photogs if they want a specific pose first, if they say no then I do a pose in-character, or a random Jojo pose if I'm wearing crossplay.
>>
>>9646501
I wouldn't consider random people in the halls of the con stopping you to be photogs
I get that some people are picky as hell when they bring out their $2000 dslr, but why does the pose matter so much if you're taking a pic on an iphone 4?
>>
Style your fucking wig bangs! Don't just sweep them to the side and pretend it looks fine! Shit!
>>
>>9646508
I mean if someone stops me for a picture I reflexively say "sure, want a specific pose?"

It only takes 5 seconds to make sure, though if they're complaining and your pose is standard for the character then they're just being a cunt and should have asked you instead.
>>
When cosplayers like your page then demand you like their back because "we have to support each other desu stop being selfish"
>>
>I want to cosplay this character, but I won't because they're wildly different from my body type/complexion/general appearance
>"don't worry about that, anon, if people judge you for that they're assholes!"
>no, see, I'm the one with the high standards.
>"..oh /:"
>soon enough learn that they assume this means I have these standards for everyone else
>>
Someone judging another cosplayer, who is cosplaying the same character, out loud. I get it, I can be internally judgmental but that's no excuse to point out the flaws of another cosplayer. You're not perfect either.
>>
>>9646727
I get more bothered when someone gets upset and jealous over someone cosplaying the same character as them. No one owns a character, it's all for fun dude.
>>
>>9646853
Yeah, that too! It's near impossible to find a character that doesn't have at least one other person cosplaying them. I've had friends despise one another because of petty cosplay jealousy.
>>
>>9646727
my ex friend used to do this all the time. It was really offputting and just reeked of insecurity.
>>
>>9646492
>>9646499
Why are you asking fatsos for hall shots, anyway?
>>
>cosplaying with only cosplay friend
>I pick a known character that I have some resemblance to, she either cosplays an obscure fan design or original character, or crossplays a guy she doesn't resemble in the least
>I spend months on my costume, she either spends a week or buys it from China
>I carefully style a wig, she half-assedly styles her own hair
>I do my makeup to resemble the character, she doesn't wear any makeup or even do basic skincare
>I get stopped for pictures, she doesn't
>"This is SO unfair! It's because I'm fat, right? This con sucks! I want to go home!"
every single fucking time
>>
I keep seeing this bitch all over Instagram, with her dress spread out covering yards of floor space, making people walk around her at a crowded-ass con
You can’t move and obviously you’re just standing there so people can take pics of your boring, mediocre cosplay.
Good job you can paint shit on fabric.
>Move bitch, get out the way
>>
>>9653269

I always want to take people like this aside, dress them in a good cosplay, do some nice make up, and put a good wig on them so they will get to experience what a good cosplay is like and will shut the hell up and put in effort next time.
>>
File: 1384212280047.jpg (439 KB, 1200x900)
439 KB
439 KB JPG
>>9653291
Nothing that beats this chick here
>>
>Friend lost a lot of weight
>bitches that people care more about her Squirtle gijinka than her Tales cosplay because she was fatter then
>can't make her understand pokemon is just more popular and the Tales cosplay wasn't even that good.
>>
Groups that don't try to coordinate. Not as bad as it used to be these days but in the old days there were a lot of Ouran and Akatsuki groups with mismatched colors and accessories
>>
>>9653291
>that Captain Joker in the background
I think my pet peeve is stupid crossovers.
>>
>>9646438
>costhots

Specifically Moo-Moo-kun
>>
>costhots so hung up on gaining popularity they fake a friendship to climb the social ladder, but once they get more popular they drop the "friend" behind

cosplay is fun when you make legit friends
>>
>>9653291
My pet peeve is not knowing what the fuck this is supposed to be. Everyone keeps saying Elsa but that's not Elsa.

But in general I dislike badly-designed cosplays when people try to do crossovers or a fancy/sexy/casual take on a character
>>
>>9646727
It honestly makes me instantly depressed to see another person cosplaying the same character at a convention because I automatically feel like they are better.
>>
>>9653291
Leave that shit for photoshoots. It doesn't belong in a crowded con. Pet peeve is this kind of obvious attention whoring.
>>
When someone in a sad looking store bought cosplay nitpicks your handmade cosplay. Sorry i didnt wear fake eyelashes and got the design proportions slightly off (5 decals show on the skirt instead of the 6 like in photos)
>>
>>9653405
Also
>costhots with lots of followers who claim all their friends are just ~using them for their followers~
>>
>>9653332
At least she's outside.
>>
File: 1507327157347.jpg (170 KB, 1242x1242)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>you can't live your life like this
Well I obviously fucking can because I am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvmQbkplers
>>
attention whores/costhots in general.
second comes crappy fandoms like dream daddy with fakebois, roleplaying and complaining about how depressed they are.
>>
>>9654287
Who the fuck even criticizes people's cosplay at an event in person? That's really dickish and would be no matter what she was wearing unless you asked to be criticized.
>>
>>9646141
I hate fandom photoshoots. Good photos hardly ever come out of them and they take up so much space wherever they do it.
>>
>>9654287
IDC if it's the WCS medalists unisonally reading me to filth or the guy cosplaying a high schooler with two days' worth of stubble, that's not okay.

>>9654436
They're pretty useful for finding people! Both at the event ("omg a person cosplaying the missing part of our group! Want to join our photoshoot later?") and after ("anyone know this specific cosplayer?"). Also, baby's first photo session. But yeah, they can be unruly if not planned well.
>>
>>9654451
>baby's first photo session
>>9654436
>good photos never come out of it
I think you 100% miss the point of these then if you honestly think they're the same as the idiots who shell out $100 to have some amateur photographer take pics of them. They're for meeting people and seeing all the cosplays of a series in one place.
I swear the people here claim to hate the attention whores, but act just like them all the time
>>
>>9654451
Unisonally isn't a word anon, you mean "in unison". No dictionary except Collins even has an entry for that.
Don't make up words just because you want to sound smart lmao
>>
> when people who can't grow facial hair try to replicate it using makeup only
> and when people with rounder facial features try to contour their face to look more masculine
I'm looking at you, Dream Daddy and Hanzo fakebois. It looks like you just wiped a bunch of dirt on your face.
>>
>entitled cosplayers
>entitled photographers
>entitled con staff
>entitled randos
basically 90% of dumb shit comes down to a sense of entitlement
>>
No matter how much effort and details I've put in muy cosplays ALWAYS there is a whore with a "sexy" costumes that certanly not resembles nothing at the carácter...just is the bitch half naked that obtains all the attention and most of the times knows nothing about the serie or vídeo game
>>
>>9654165
Man you gotta let go of that self conscious bs at home when you go to a convention.
I genuinely like finding people cosplaying the same character I am, and try to take pics of them when I see them, but it's super uncomfortable when they're outwardly peeved at the presence of another cosplayer.

I've had people come up to me on con days before and just be like "oh I cosplayed this character yesterday," and show me their pics on their phone and just walk away without even taking one of me like... okay ? What am I supposed to take away from this? Obviously we like the same shit, why can't we start a friendship over this?
>>
>>9646438
>people who are too full of themselves when all they do is buy chinese costumes

I know a couple people who only buy taobao cosplays and think they're far superior to other cosplayers because they put effort in their makeup/wigs and get the costumes fitted to their bodies. They also shoop to hell and back to look like asian cosers because it's their perfection ideal, all other cosplayers who aren't as good as them are just filthy (one of them has reached uncanny valley tier in their shoops, it's mildly terrifying).
They're decent cosplayers to be fair, it's just the shitty attitudes that ruins it for me, they genuinely look down on other cosplayers who aren't "up to their standards.
>>
>>9646478
you know whats even better? People who buy costumes, then despise other people for having the skill, money and time to make their own costumes, then being mad that if they try to make something, it looks like shit.
>also when fat ppl don't wear a costume that's properly sized for them

>when companies or stores ask for cosplayers but don't offer anything in return in cosplay groups, and there's actually stupid thots who go for it
(new pokemon movie and all the shitty gijinkas are like hell yeah i'll cosplay for your cinema!)

>>9654326
kek picture
>>
>>9654460
As somebody with a strong jawline but chubby cheeks I'm going to be one of those people who needs to contour the hell out of her face.
>>
All this thread is telling me is that despite everyone saying there's no shame in buying a cosplay, no one wants you to
>You can buy a cosplay, but only if you never take pictures, sit quietly, never talk to anyone else, or have any opinion ever
Jesus, what a bunch of shit
>>
>>9655034
Post them in the bad shoop thread!
>>
>>9655055
no?
i dont get this feeling from anyone in this thread at all. theyre only turned off by people who buy chinese taobao cosplays and act super elitist or snobby because they have a well made cosplay (even though they didnt make it).
I don't know where you're getting this impression from anon, are you sure you're not feeling somehow targetted for buying a bunch of taobao cosplays?
>>
Honestly though can someone explain whats a costhot and whats someone who just likes to wear a revealing cosplay?

Like shit momo cant be that bad right
>>
don't go to dealers or artist alley if you have a big/bulky cosplay. Just don't.
>>
>>9646488
I heavily agree with this, someone in my class will wear her shiny wig from Amazon and just pin the bangs to the side. It looks incredibly awful
>>
File: DFIwEd1VwAEc6Tv.jpg (95 KB, 602x1000)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>9655219
>cant be that bad
ishygddt
>>
>>9655219
She is awful and makes other costhots look good in comparison. And I'm not just talking about her appearance; this is a person who takes pride in bullying other people out of the community and has tried to use MULTIPLE national tragedies to draw attention to herself and her Patreon. She's a disgusting person inside and out.
My pet peeve is how terrible people who hide behind "body positive" and "sex positive" labels can get away with unacceptable behavior in this community.
>>
>>9655350
Forgot to mention that she claims to be body positive but got multiple rounds of liposuction, kept quiet about it and pretended to have lost the weight by going to the gym, and only admitted to it after several people close to her outed her on social media by accident (because they didn't realize it was supposed to be a secret). She's scum. But hey she cosplays waifus and does lewds so better pretend she's a positive force in the community, amirite?
>>
People who buy/wear high quality wigs and do jackall to have them sit on their head well.
>>
>>9654165
Are you me? During one con I avoided people cosplaying the same character like plague. I was so scared they would judge me or hate me for doing the same cosplay... But probably they ended up thinking I hated them.
>>
When girls don't wear a petticoat with their cosplay, like all the shitty Rems with flat a as fuck skirts. Just a little effort can make so many dresses look so much better
>>
>>9656197
Seconding this for Madoka cosplayers
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (715 KB, 3000x1650)
715 KB
715 KB JPG
Fuck. ing. side. burns. And hair on the nape of your neck.

If it's a basic cosplay anyway, I don't care. But if you put the effort into buying a nice wig and piling on layers of makeup, at the very least you can:

Shave your sideburns.

Shave the nape of your neck.

Or at the very least use strong gel to pull them up and under your wig.

I'd rather see shitty sewing than a green wig with some brown fuzz coming out of it.
>>
when people don't prime their worbla ffs
>>
'genderbend' cosplays that are just excuses to dress like a thot.
>>
>>9646587
Literally me.
I have a like a light tan because my dad's Hispanic and the thought of cosplaying a pale character makes me go nuts, but I love it when other people make it look good without compromising their unique features.
>>
>>9656197
You're going to like me, I bought 2 for rem, extra floof.
>>
>>9656265
The fuck who would shave the back of their neck when wearing a wig? it would be itchy like mad.
>>
>>9653332

this is a blessed image, thank you for posting this the night I leave for a con, I needed the good luck boost
>>
>>9656396
genderbent cosplays are just an excuse to not wear a skirt
>>
People who don’t use a stencil or at the least use tools to draw and instead just freehand for their props or detailing. I know a guy who thinks he’s semi-pro hot shit when all his props or armor are fucked from the start because he can’t be assed to print a stencil.
It’s like taking the flash off on model kits, takes zero time but skipping it makes the final product look like rushed crap. It’s baffling to me why people do this and how they can look at their reference and think “yeah that looks good”
>and then being so blissfully ignorant as to post a comparison pic to the reference on their page
>>
The lack of lacefront wigs always hurts my soul... Shitty wigs with particularly bad partings also really sadden me sometimes.

I mean I get it, not all wigs with a realistic part and/or lacefront come in the colors someone would want but they are available in basic black. brown, and blonde, at the very least and yet I can't escape wig-hat misery.

A bad wig ruins so many otherwise great looking cosplays for me.
>>
>>9663340
The amount of completely unstyled wigs out there boggles the mind too.
>>
The fact that there's always someone in a group of cosplayers that clearly didn't do as much work as the other and they always try to shove themselves into your photo.
>>
File: sheerlace.png (76 KB, 327x264)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
>>9663340
now there is so much website with various colors lace front, coscraft have one for only 50 euro

I hate when people do glued hairline and doesn't glue it to they face so they have a weird floating hairline.

I also hate when peoples who say that they would like a lacefront but it's too expensive then you say to them that they can do it them self they say it' too time consuming/hard.

And when they finally have one they put it on without plucking the hairline and it look like shit ( like pic related, arda wtf is this turd )

sorry for the autism
>>
When people don't realize that some designs and colors and such that work in animation/vidya just do not translate well to real life, and insist on 100% accuracy to the source material when a few changes could make it look so much better.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.