[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 55 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

About a month to go! Who's coming?

>What are your cosplay/lolita/other dress up plans?
>Any events or guests you're looking forward to?
>Will panel acceptances ever come out?
>What cosplays are you looking forward to seeing?
>Will Youma ever give a shit about jfashion programming?
>Do you miss it landing on Halloween or do you have other plans?
>Can we avoid arguing about Nazis in this thread?
>>
>>9646856
>Will panel acceptances ever come out?

Probably the fuck not. I can't believe the horseshit I'm reading that they're nowhere near done. They're 'hoping' to be done by October 10th. It's bad enough to release a schedule that late let alone give the panelists three weeks notification. Was there a change in panel staff or are they always this bad?
>>
>>9646878
I don't know if there was much change in staff, but this isn't new for Youma. We're lucky if the schedule comes out a week before the con, and spoiled if it's printed on something nicer than newspaper.
I really feel for people who submitted panels though. To either have such a short time to write a whole panel, or be working all this time on it only to find out you were rejected.
>>
When are signups for cosplay meetups going to be released? Youma is only a month away
>>
I left the FB group for a while and I forgot how much I hated seeing Connor post
>>
I'm doing a Sailor Mercury cosplay for a group, and we're entering the masquerade for it, so that's my big cosplay/event for the weekend! Other than that, I'm looking forward to the game room, the maid cafe, and any idol/dance events happening over the weekend. I'm equal parts excited and nervous!
>>
>>9646856
>>Can we avoid arguing about Nazis in this thread?

Can we avoid being a Nazi apologist and supporting Nazis in this thread? Because you still shouldn’t support things that are okay with actual Nazis.
>>
I'm doing a lot of Kamen Rider, some Fate, and some Granblue for the weekend. Honestly, I hope the line is short this year so I can just grab my badge and go dick around dealers room.
>>
>>9649557
Just stop, save your bitching for the other Youmacon thread, Jesus
>>
Haven't even started on my cosplay lol

>>9646888
It's honestly a youmacon thing. Even extremely large cons can shit out a schedule a month in advance.
>>
I'll be going this year, pretty excited to go again since youmacon was my first con experience. Going as a team skull grunt with a friend.
>>
>>9649765
>disgusted and terrified by the normalization of national fascism, which grows in communities like 4chan
>'bitching'
Nah
>>
>>9650331
Look we want to talk about panels, and events, and cosplay, and our plans for this convention. You've tried to derail every single thread about Michigan conventions recently with this shit. And as I've said to you, several times before, you have no room to be talking when you don't even have proof. I don't like Nazis either but this thread is about our plans for the convention, not the people running it. Please keep your Nazi stuff in >>9636187 this thread and let us stay on topic here.
>>
>>9650246
Sounds dope

Still trying to find a group or people to meet up with, I've got one buddy I'm going with but want to meet up with others.

The Youmacon forum is pretty dead though, and the Discord isn't much better.

Anyone into meeting up?
>>
>>9649557
Please for the love of fuck, give me evidence that there are Nazis at Youma.
Hell, keep this shit up I'll roleplay as one just to spite you.
>>
>>9651301
I'd be up for it. Are you going to cosplay as anyone? Drop an email.
>>
>>9649574
What is the thing on the right supposed to be?
>>
>>9649574
Which Granblue character are you doing? Do you have pics of your costume?
>>
>>9651391
Not this year but I'm looking forward to seeing some cool ones. Also looking forward to the artist's alley and gaming stuff, per usual

Shoot me an email if you wanna meet up
>>
>>9646856
I know they have the fall out from MMX, but jesus a lot of these guests are just strange. Not really sure what half of them have to do with animu

Did they ever get that DJ snafu figured out?
>>
File: Screenshot_130.png (506 KB, 573x551)
506 KB
506 KB PNG
I've never competed in the cosplay contest in the 7 years I've been going but I wanted to give it a shot this year.
None of the organizers or facebook page admin has any info on how or when to apply to compete.
Anyone competed before who can tell me how these usually run, and what day/time/location I need to go to apply to compete? Does it cost money?
I'm completely new to the process and I only ask here because literally noone else who actually runs the con can answer my question.
>>
I was gonna room with some friends this year, but they've all either flaked on me, or haven't given me any feedback so I haven't even booked anything yet. Haven't started on my cosplay either.
>>
>>9653045
How far are you from detroit?
You can honestly get a hotel for under 100$ outside of the main city if you dobt mind the extra half our drive every time you wanna go back to your room.
>>
>>9653053
I'm out in AA, so it's about a 40 minute drive anyway.
>>
>>9653440
Eh, I'll be driving in and out of Ypsi each day, it isn't too bad of a drive.
>>
Posting here in case anyone is interested. I run the tournaments, I made a trailer and I have a basic schedule for Saturday's tournaments. I'm making a Smash.gg page with more detail and pre-reg function, should be up later this week.

Trailer:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rwn6tDkmNgE

Schedule:
https://m.imgur.com/Ov1xYmh

>Why are you posting here
Because the website will never have a working gaming page lol
>>
>>9653786
I'm glad the game room people at least seem to be on top of their shit this year, seeing as the list of games seemed to be the first thing announced last month or so. Last year got kind of annoying during the tournaments.
>>
File: again.png (844 KB, 732x756)
844 KB
844 KB PNG
Who the fuck are all these nobodies?
I don't think there are ANY big name guests this year.
Is this the end of Youma? Are they seriously this fucking broke and out of touch?
And why the fuck do they keep bringing this goon. The last time he was relevant was petering out back in 2006?
>>
>>9653911
Okay so last year was an issue. I believe the budget was cut midway through the planning phase or something and so the low priority stuff (tournaments) was scrapped. I stepped in and hired streamers/ran it myself, that's why everything was ran on tables with projectors just facing a wall. It was a total no-budget affair.

This year I thankfully don't have to do that. Trying to stream AND run tournament brackets took years off my life.
>>
>>9653976
>And why the fuck do they keep bringing this goon. The last time he was relevant was petering out back in 2006?

Because he lives in A^2?
>>
>>9652835
If you're talking about the unofficial facebook group (the big one) they don't know because they're unofficial and don't work for youmacon. Last year they had a sign up table on one of the upper floors in the ren cen, next to where they sold the maid cafe and formal dance tickets. You fill out a slip and sign up for a judging time slot and whether you want to participate in the masquerade. It doesn't cost anything. I'm pretty sure the information for how to sign up was printed in the program booklet.
>>
>>9653976
The funny thing is that the popular people who show up come and congoers and not invited guests.
That ProZD guy who's videos get shared everywhere tends to show up and just hang out, where as someone no one cares about anymore like Vic Mignogna gets a full auditorium.
>>
>>9653976
I can't recall there was a time where there were any guests that made me excited to go to youmacon. It's basically a party con to me.
>>
Are there booths that sell wigs/colored lenses? I dont think Im gonna be able to get them in time for it and wouldnt mind paying con price for it.
>>
>>9654263
There is ALWAYS a booth in the dealer hall with wigs. Most likely will be Epic Cosplay Wigs or some other knock off brand but they usually sell for the same price they do online, minus shipping.
Not sure how likely you'll be able to get contact lenses though because the last time i saw a booth like that was around 2 years ago. Depends.
>>
>>9654156
At least Vic has the nostalgia attatched to the name.
All these guests are just side characters or internet nobodies with your youmacon staples; Fred Gallagher and Duke Nukem
>>
>>9654299
So im better off getting lenses now at the least?
>>
>>9654341
Yeah, especially since you'll either need a prescription (even for purely cosmetic lenses) or buy them from some asian site that takes forever to ship
>>
Im cosplaying Reinhardt and will have a big ole Hammer prop. How awkward is it carrying around a larger prop?
>>
>>9654422
For the love of god, stay out of the Dealer Hall/Artists Alley/Upper Levels of the Marriott if youre going to be one of those jumbo!Reinhardt's that have to waddle to get anywhere. The congestion in those areas is near unbearable and having a huge prop AND costume is hell if you don't keep yourself in open areas.
Having a friend with you to carry the prop for you during times where you absolutely HAVE to go through high traffic areas helps a lot though.
>>
Discord for Youmacon if anyone is interested https://discord.gg/MeyvtYS
>>
File: sound of silence.jpg (42 KB, 960x540)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>9653786
Lmao fuck

Joining in a performance thingy on Saturday, SO said he'd come see me as long as it doesn't overlap with the Tekken tournament. Tekken takes up the exact same timeblock as our performance gg
>>
>>9654642
Thankfully Im just doing a traditional costume cosplay, with the hammer as my only accessory.
>>
>>9654784
May he 0-2 quickly and join you
>>
>>9653976
There's a lot of strange off the wall things this year. I can't tell if it's because of MMX or what. I just don't get it, the con is huge
>>
Well, apparently panel emails will finally be going out in the next couple of days.
>>
>>9650486
This is the general Nazi Youmacon thread and the other post was for a person who was going to their first convention. People going to Youmacon need to know that the person running it support Nazis and are friends with Nazis. That is very on topic.

>>9651384
One male was removed from staff for being a Nazi publicly. You don’t need more proof. You have already been given all the proof and yet you keep asking for more because you are a Fascist Apologist so have fun with that. There are other Nazi on staff who have not gone public but some people going are going to try an make them public this year.

Youmacon needs to stop hiding Nazi persons.

>>9653786
Please have lots of the new Wolfenstein since we know it will trigger the Nazi attendees.
>>
>>9656115
>One male was removed from staff for being a Nazi publicly. You don’t need more proof.

That's proof that ONE GUY was a Nazi. You are claiming that several more are Nazis and that they have swastika tattoos and shit. One staff member getting fired is NOT proof of the rest of your claims.

>You have already been given all the proof

So thanks for at least admitting that you have no proof whatsoever for the rest of your claims. You can sit down and let us discuss the anime convention now.
>>
>>9655856
yeah, typical youma not able to do what it says about getting things done. the panel director seriously dropped the ball this year. who wants to bet we'll find out next week?
>>
>>9656115
Got actual tangible proof about that? Or are just going to assume no one lies on the internet.
>>
>>9656115
Noone has even heard about this bs in staff or this SUPPOSED super scawy underground Nazi stuff going on in the background of youmacon.
Noone fucking cares and we aren't nazis ourselves either.
We just want to talk about the fucking convention.
If something arises; We'll deal with it, but obviously right now youre the only whistle blower whose trying to get people fired up over an imaginary nazi threat.
>>
>>9656395
It just seems like this individual is just trying to start some Nazi Scare at Youma.
>>
>>9656115
Go Daiko fuck yourself
>>
>>9646856
So its just a ren fair con? Blows my mind with Youma's numbers
>>
>>9656720
youma has less and less anime/game related guests every year.
I dont even understand it, especially with how much money they should be getting with how many attendees show up.
>>
Based on what I'm seeing from Facebook friends, it sounds like panel acceptances just went out. Hopefully that means they can get everyone confirmed and put the schedule out more than a few days ahead of the con.
>>
From the Youmacon FB groups it looks like the declined all Japanese fashion panels in favor of a copious amount of hentai panels or other drivel.
>>
>>9657038
Oh no, one Lolita 101 panel got accepted, it's just going to be run by an ita who's barely been in the fashion for more than a year and shows the bare minimum of interest. They just happened to submit it with the same exact name as the Lolita 101 panel that's been running for years. :^)

>Will Youma ever give a shit about jfashion programming?
Decidedly no, or the quality of their programming in general.
>>
>>9657060
Legit curious, has Youma ever had a lolita guest before? Who would they invite?
>>
>>9657108
They've never had any sort of Jfashion guest before to my knowledge. They could invite US-based indie designers for a fashion show, or maybe Lor since she's in Toronto now?
>>
>>9657116
Lor and/or Alb would be cool, I think Youma's afraid to take the risk with jfashion guests (even though it makes more sense than all the randos they're bringing in this year?) but they have large followings of both jfashion fans and simply YT lifestyler fans.
>>
>>9657038
>>9657060
This really makes me want to stop attending youma. Why do pull crap like this? I already have plans to room with people this year so I can't bail, but I'm not bothering to attend next year.
>>
>>9657108
They never have and I doubt they ever would. It really seems like they are pushing aside J-content in favor of miscellaneous western media
>>
>>9657060
I was so pissed off when I saw this. Why would Youma choose them above a person that's run the same panel successfully many years? And why would that person, with little to no knowledge about lolita, try to run a Lolita 101 panel?
>>
>>9657142
Honestly I was surprised Youma even approved of them without any sort of check that they even KNOW what they're going to be presenting about. I've had to send in photos of my coords just to prove that I was competent enough to be in a con fashion show. The two running this have no photos of themselves even in lolita, just cosplay, and every photo we've seen of one of them shows they're a newbie. Equally as pissed. But they're just trying to get their free badge, anon. So they needed another panel to do.
>>
>>9657145
That's true. I just can't believe all of this shit is happening, run by cosplayers who have barely a toe in the comm, and then it's being helped by their "friend" who looks to have literally never worn lolita in their life. Ridiculous. That's a good way to turn the whole comm against you though.
>>
>>9657148
It's not them anon, the rest of the communication are just elitists who don't want ANYONE else to have a chance. It couldn't be that that yknow, the people have been running it for years might actually have more than a year's worth of "does this thrift store blouse work for lolita?" experience.
>>
>>9657154
Comm* lol
>>
>>9657135
>I am uncomfortable when things are not all about me and my niche alt-fashion
>>
>>9652835

you just sign up at the con, it's free, you pick a judging time slot, then you go in your costumes and the judges go over your work, and you can tell them what you did and point out anything you really wanna showcase.

If you're in the masq, its usually on saturday evening, you gotta be there like an hour or two before and then you're there till the end of the comp. it's definetly a big time suck and doesn't leave a lot of time for friends, but if you really wanna compete it's not terrible. They usually feed you while you're waiting in the green room too.
>>
>>9657162
Why would you attend an event that was for something you're not interested in? Really anon?
>>
>>9657165
Ah that clears up a lot, thanks!
I actually just found an online app for the hall contest but fucked up my application because i misunderstood the competing categories (chose a category based on how many years ive been creating as opposed to how many awards ive won which is zero).
Hopefully I can fix this in person at the con.
>>
>>9657108
Baby, The Stars Shine Bright would be cool or Innocent world or I think h. Naoto does cons or putumayo. We'll never get it tho it's a pipe dream
>>
>>9657154
So are you the ita running Lolita 101 or are you making fun of the ita because I really can't tell from this post what your point is.
>>
>>9647701
SAY IT TO MY FACE AND NOT ONLINE, MOTHER FUCKER.
>>
>>9657238
Sorry, I thought I was obvious. The person whose panel got accepted and their friend are defending it by saying that they thought the original panel was elitist and focused too much on brands, etc. Less than a year ago they were still asking the usual "Can x work in lolita? Is Wunderwelt a safe site to use??" newbie questions. Was trying to be /s and use their words. Hope that's clearer for you.
>>
>>9657243
>>
It's because some new person (who is also hosting a plethora of fetish and yaoi panels) submitted a copy paste of last year's Lolita 101 panel descriptions and because they were OMG FIRST!!! Youmacon accepted that panel over the girls who do it every year. Welp.
>>
>>9657260
Also the lolita fashion show got denied because they "didn't have room" according to the girl who submitted it. Do they even use most of Cobo?
>>
>>9657260
Why is it always "I'm totally a guy everyone!! I wear lolita but he/him pronouns!!" who are into yaoi and that shit, why is this a thing like across the board
>>
>>9657201
that was the point
I just don't understand lolitas complaining about representation at an anime con. It's obviously going to be about anime and cosplay, not jfashion. There are cons exclusively about these fashions like rufflecon, so why is it such a big deal to have them at our cons too?
>>
>>9657269
>>9657269

uh i have news for you about youma being about anime my dude, all these dr who and harley quinns beg to differ

so since its not about anime, why CANT there be lolita?
>>
>>9657273
why does lolita have to be such a huge part though? if the organizers don't think it fits with their con, then they won't include it.

honestly, the lolitas on this board have a real self-entitlement issue that they think every thread and ever con is theirs to complain about.
>>
>>9657273
What the anon you're replying to is saying, I think, is that we should be grateful to have any representation at an anime convention at all.

However, we are glad to have what little representation we do, even though j-fashion is only gaining popularity throughout anime communities so it only makes sense that we should have more programming oriented towards it. What we are upset about is that the person who is running this panel is inexperienced and not knowledgeable enough to be in charge of it. We want representation, but we also want /proper/ representation.
>>
File: IMG_20171012_190922.jpg (92 KB, 1042x421)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>9657264
Is this the panelist? I dug through some shit on the FB group to find him
>>
>>9657277
We have one panel out of dozens of fetish, meme, and every popular anime and its 18+ duplicate panels.

I don't think we're asking for much.
>>
>>9657284
Yuuup
>>
>>9657284
oh, no the lolita doxxing begins....
>>
File: IMG_20171012_191402.jpg (123 KB, 958x632)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
Some of these 18+ panels are just too good to be real
>>
>>9657277
>huge part

It has one panel dude. By your logic, japanese tattoos is the focus of the entire con because it has two panels.
>>
>>9657284
And the person who's helping them run it. It's obvious how passionate they are about it lmao
>>
>>9657293
There's really a whole panel about, what, asexual headcanons in Haikyu? But we're asking for too much by wanting a fashion show?
>>
>>9657303
yeah, asexual headcannons is at least tangentially related to anime. Lolita fashion shows aren't. Even lolita panels aren't unless you're discussing the fashion of an anime where the characters wear it.
>>
>>9657293

Ohhhh, now I understand how to apply for panels for youmacon!

Going Sideways: The Science of Initial D
>Declined

The D Stands for DICK! All of Takumi's cock, balls, and asshole! (18+, Not 4 Kids! Not 4KIDS LOL)
>Approved

Thanks anon!
>>
File: IMG_3791.jpg (35 KB, 540x720)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>9657284
Yes. So rori. Much experience. Gonna be a great panel!
>>
>>9657305
Did you get turned down by a lolita or are you just mad you can't afford AP? I don't quite understand your vendetta
>>
File: IMG_20171012_193005.jpg (731 KB, 1292x2248)
731 KB
731 KB JPG
>>9657305
How is this related to anime
>>
>>9657309
no vendetta anon! it's just weird that you think an alt-fashion is more related to anime than discussion of anime, no matter how crappy the discussion is. seems like you're just a salty sally because you can't make youmacon into another rufflecon.
>>
>>9657305
With that logic there should be no DC or Marvel panels, no Dr. Who or Supernatural panels, no Homestuck panels, no video game panels, and Youma shouldn't even have half of the guests on its list this year. You realize how stupid you sound right?
>>
File: IMG_20171012_193155.jpg (521 KB, 1207x1933)
521 KB
521 KB JPG
>>9657305
How is this guest related to anime
>>
>>9657313
it doesn't seem stupid at all anon! what seems stupid is the salty gulls in here demanding that a con give them a fashion show and lolita guests, when they don't have to if they don't want to.
>>
>>9657307
OH SHIT THEY GOT AVRIL LAVIGNE THIS YEAR! I LOVE SK8R BOI
>>
>>9657316
Are you replying to yourself because thank you for the lolz
>>
File: IMG_20171012_193954.jpg (504 KB, 1297x1887)
504 KB
504 KB JPG
>>9657316
Anon I'm still waiting on you to mental gymnastics these guests to be more relevant to anime than Lolita/j-fashion
>>
>>9657316
It literally says on the youmacon home page.
>Youmacon is a celebration of Japanese popular culture and its influence on our own culture over the past few decades.
Please tell me how lolita doesn't fall in this category.
>>
>>9657312
Youmacon claims to be about anime, video games AND Japanese culture. So it's quite understandable why the Lolita comm would be upset by being damn excluded. Other cons do a better job at including the Japanese culture aspect than Youmacon has over the years. Which is a shame because they definitely have the money to get guests that fit within what they claim to be. As for the panels, it's pretty sad they shy away from on topic things. I'm personally tired of all the cringy panels they keep approving.
>>
>>9657325
Oh, you didn't know, they count because they dress up in Sailor Scout outfits. Makes them annemays
>>
>>9657327
you know as well as I do that Japanese culture doesn't necessarily include alt-fashions that just happened to be started in Japan. You are not owed a spot at conventions if they don't want to give it to you. Stop being salty and crying you entitled baby.
>>
>>9657334
So wait how does the circus tie back to Japanese culture
>>
>we don't have room necessary for a fashion show
>we have room for acrobats and sword fighting though
>>
>>9657334
I really need anon to explain to the class why Lolita is considered some obscure off-shoot of Japanese culture but a fucking trapeze act, (Western) sword play demonstrations straight from the local Ren faire, and a dude reading creepy-pasta on YouTube are owed a spot at the con.
>>
>>9657334
Japanese pop culture includes Japanese fashion. Harajuku is a place of interest for a reason. That said, Youma had definitely dropped the ball this year.
>>
>>9657334
What? How are Japanese alt fashions not a part of Japanese culture?
>>
>>9657337
they aren't owed a spot either, but they were given one because the people running the con said so. Don't like it? go to a con where they have things you want.
>>
>>9657346
Or, they could actually bring in guests, add panels and events that are relevant to anime, video games, and Japanese culture. Since, ya know, they advertise themselves as having those things.
>>
>>9657350
or you can just go to a con that has a focus on jfash like rufflecon, which is around the same time. They gave the content they wanted, no matter how much you cry, act salty, or try to armchair admin their con for them.
accept it, you don't get a lolita fashion show.
>>
>>9657346
Are you mad I was making fun of your butt riot panel because I'm not sorry
>>
>>9657353
Can you name any other cons that focus on jfash other than rufflecon, I'm curious what my other options are in case I don't want to travel that far
>>
>>9657353
No, they need to put more of what they advertise in the con. We need more anime, video game, and Japanese culture related things at the con. Not this knock off MMX they keep shoving down people's throats.
>>
>>9657364
With MMX shit from earlier are they even going to have one? I kinda hope they stop and just focus on anime and the like @Youma
>>
>>9657376
This year's Youma seems like it's going to be knockoff MMX for sure. The best we can do is spam them with relevant shit in the forums for next year's Youma.
>>
File: IMG_20171012_210346.jpg (690 KB, 1398x2268)
690 KB
690 KB JPG
>>9657387
Seems like a knock-off MMX or is a knock-off MMX?
>>
>>9657376
>>9657387
>>9657396
Because of the screw ups with MMX getting cancelled they moved a lot of the MMX guests to youmacon. The whole thing is really suspect since they claimed not to use any youmacon funds for MMX
>>
>>9657318
Nah man they just got her second-rate body double.
>>
>>9657396
Yeah, this Youma is a knock-off MMX.

>>9657406

>they moved a lot of the MMX guests to youmacon.

Wow, they could have just brought them back for the next MMX.
>>
>>9657537
Why even do another MMX when it obviously keeps failing...
>>
File: thinking of duffs.png (851 KB, 681x819)
851 KB
851 KB PNG
What hotel do people stay at?

Never stayed at the Marriott, it is probably hellish
>>
File: 1500953533525.jpg (97 KB, 640x480)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
Do they always wait until the last minute to finalize panels? It's 3 weeks until the first day man, do they just fuck around the rest of the year?

>>9657539
any of the hotels near the con, really
if you want to save money you could get a place that's like 15 or so minutes away that's right off a freeway
>>
>>9657583
>Do they always wait until the last minute to finalize panels?

Yes, every year without fail. It almost feels like a custom at this point.
>>
I'm not even a lolita, but I kind of want to go to this guy's Lolita 101 panel just to see what a train wreck it is.
>>
sum bitch got six fucking panels approved and both of mine were declined man fuck this con
>>
>>9657539
If you love waiting nearly an hour for an elevator back to your hotel room, the Marriott is the hotel for you!
>>
File: IMG_20171013_125516.jpg (229 KB, 1184x872)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>9657825
Are you referencing this panelist because boy it sure looks like they are bringing some quality content to the table. Confessions of a cat lady was picked over a plethora of jfash panels that we're submitted, what a world we live in.
>>
>>9657841
A first time panelist and she got six? Are they kidding? I like the topics but come on.
>>
>>9657841
Stop being salty
>>
>>9657841
k but that actually does look like it might be good content. different topics than ive seen in a while.
>>
>>9657882
Sounds like something a defensive cat lady would say.
>>
>>9657890
more a ferret person but thanks for the paranoia.
>>
>>9657882
How is being a cat lady relate to japanese pop culture? Why was this approved?
>>
>>9657882
Different != better.
>>
>>9657841
Interesting that this person helps run programming for Ohayocon...
>>
File: IMG_3795.jpg (36 KB, 732x165)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>9657681
It's going to be a treat given that this shit was less than a year ago. They're already complaining about being too stressed to create content for their porn panels so I'm sure the Lolita panel will be just great too! /s
>>
>>9646856
Well, they did it. they finally got a guest that's actually exciting.
>>
>>9657927
That dude looks like he's ready to take all these nobodies through Battle Royale and school them.
>>
>>9657894
Ah so you must run the butt riot panel, my apologies
>>
>>9657927
what are the odds of him actually getting to the con considering their track record
>>
>>9658035
Youmacon/10
>>
>>9657841
none of those even sound remotely interesting
the adult swim one is just going to be someone jerking off about one/two shows in particular
who wants to see someone play hentai games live, for real
the last one just sounds like an extremely more vague bad sonic fan fiction (which has been great the past two years)
>>
Is the preliminary schedule supposed to be posted some time this week?
>>
>>9658421
This is the quality youmacon is striving for when they are picking panels for their convention. This, and acrobats or some shit I guess.
>>
>>9657927
And shocker, another.
>>
sup lads! ill probably be at the con on friday and definitely on sunday.
im mostly just going to be hanging with one of my friends who works security for the con. i'd definitely like to make some new friends

hmu on discord: vera#2605 or twitter: @vera_larose
>>
>>9661019
You're missing out on the best day. Saturday.
>>
TO Bro here from >>9653786

Registration for the Youmacon Tournament Series 2017 is live. You can pre-register for tournaments and pay the cost at the door.

https://smash.gg/tournament/youmacon-tournament-series-2017

If you have questions or need help with anything, hit me up on Twitter @MruSuk. I forget to check this thread pretty often
>>
>>9661154
There's gonna be some special events on Friday but I need to finalize them. Stuff like money matches to watch, Xrd 2v2 team tournament, a 3v3 Third Strike tournament.

I'm trying to get a 2on2 Gundam Versus tournament but I need to make sure I have all the bullshit needed to make that work. I'll post a big ol graphic with all the details when I have it all finished

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.