[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Tail skeleton2.jpg (923 KB, 2513x3537)
923 KB
923 KB JPG
Hi everyone! A professor in Norway has made a tail that automatically moves with your body as you walk. The tail isn't in production, and he wanted me to figure out if there was any interest for it. What do you guys think?
https://youtu.be/hR__4Gf9dBQ
>>
I mean desu, anything like that attached to your ass will sway as you walk if you're walking like a drunk on a runway, doesn't need to be battery powered.
>>
Haha you're right about that, but the tail won't stay swayed and out from your body. An acquired taste i guess :)
>>
Lots have done the same thing, you can easily achieve this effect with elastics combined with differently chained individual parts (like vertebrae).
They do it with pool noodles, metal parts, even elastic boning used for corsets.
Seems exactly like the picture you attached.
But i guess theres plenty of idiots who want to buy these since every video i ever watched about these has people commenting where can i buy one.
3D printed skeleton is efficient i guess but I would cast to replicate the plastic parts if you guys want to sell more for better prices.
>professor
lol

But yeah, really not new. Promote it more on youtube and shit, there's plenty of idiots there that want something like this.
>>
Thanks for the intel! Do you have anyone tips to who/what i should look up? Are any of the same solutions commercialized? You're right about the 3D-printing, works great for prototyping but it isn't really scalable.

Haha a professor actually did make this, it's kind of hilarious.
>>
>>9648303
I think it's interesting. It goes with those electric cat ears that move with your brain waves.
It'd be best if there was a way to make it less bulky in the back under clothes.
>>
>>9648343
that just looks like a horse cock creeping out from under his shirt desu
>>
>>9648378
Anon, have you never seen a horse cock in your life?
>>
I'm interested!
>>
Check out www.costail.co if you're interested, you can't buy it yet though. But be sure to choose the product you would like and sign up on the website. We'll post more information as the project progresses :)
>>
>>9648343
Aw, this is cute. Bless him.

The movement looks pretty good/natural- I think having it have 'idle' movements would set it apart from other similiar concepts! So if it were programmed to move about a bit/twitch etc. while the wearer was standing still.
>>
I see this more as a novelty that might appeal to furries than a cosplay piece. I've paid less than $120 for full outfits for cosplay before. And if I did need a tail for cosplay, it would need to look more specific.
>>
Is this what Swedish taxpayer money is going to?
>>
>>9648524
*Norwegian

my excuses but arr rook same
>>
File: thinking euphonist.png (204 KB, 306x419)
204 KB
204 KB PNG
>>9648303
Being from Norway, having seen this posted in some cosplay related groups, AND currently studying at the same institute as this is being developed, I gotta say it surprised me to find it here on /cgl/ of all places.
>>
Already been done many times.
https://thetailcompany.com/product/cat-tails/
>>
>>9648840
No, those don't move as you walk, those are remote controlled preprogrammed buttons that you push. Also, one competitor doesn't equal many.
>>
>>9648804
Same. Very few times has Norway been a subject on cgl and I did not expect it to be about the tail being developed at NTNU.

I hope OP will learn more about the usage of this site, maybe someday they'll learn to reply directly. Who even uses the name tag anyways? Unless they're from the company itself then atleast they aren't lying about it.
>>
People have been doing this shit with k'nex for years.This isnt anything special.
>>
>>9648844
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvHcBq7UaY0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ys02xz2x0M

two more examples of something similar. Not "exactly" the same, but the concept of a moveable tail isn't new.
>>
>>9649042

OP here, haha i don't have much experiene with 4chan unfortunately. I was planning to delete this post when done, do you know if that is possible? I tried checking the box and pressing delete at the bottom but it said i couldn't delete a thread that old.
>>
>>9648303
I think that there is a fair amount of interest in this, though as others have mentioned there isn't currently much to separate this from other existing pieces - other than the automation of course. As >>9648410 mentioned, something that takes place while the wearer is idle would add some character to the design and could perhaps push this toward being the one that stands out from the rest. Otherwise, giving the tail more exaggerated movements, especially in the tip, would add a lot to the tail's movements.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.