[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 12-5.gif (69 KB, 333x500)
69 KB
69 KB GIF
Old Thread - >>9735740
>>
Is anyone else on crystal.cafe? The /cgl/ board needs more j-fash.
>>
>>9740927
No. I hate being on the same board as cosplayers and I don't know why I would go to two places that put us together. It's super weird that they didn't just make a fashion or alt fashion board.
>>
The plastic boning is jutting out of the bottom of its boning channel on my moon night theater op. I don't know what to do. Has anyone else had this problem?
>>
Requesting people to who already got Lovely Bunny post photos of it. I've seen some very blurry photos made by chinese lolitas in which the blouse looks awesome while the dress looks milanoo and I'm scared to receive mine tomorrow. Give me some hope, it looked so nice in the stock photos
>>
>>9740927
crystal.cafe anons seem super defensive of their board, like it's some secret club. I think cgl is best if you like lolita and fashion and cow honestly has a good general. crystal is just too slow moving and pretentious.
>>
>>9740927
>>9740931
Not that anon, but the one admin's a bitch, the entire board's full of terfs, and 98% of the like 14 ppl who post there are massive narcisscists.
>>
>>9740931
>>9740947
>>9740949
They're doing their own version of behind the bows/lolita secrets on their /cgl/ though.
>>
>>9740949
>the entire board's full of terfs
Sounds great, actually. I’ll have to check it out now.
>>
>>9740931
The site culture on crystal cafe is actually really nice, small and intimate and the admin directly responds to suggestions posted on the /meta/ board.
The admin said previously if the lolita side of the /cgl/ board got popular enough she'd split it into a straight lolita board if requsted by enough people (meaning more than 10).
>>
>>9740963
>The admin said previously if the lolita board got popular enough she'd split it into a straight lolita board
>if requsted by enough people (meaning more than 10)
I'll support this idea.
>>
>>9740941
seconding this request. i've seen so many clashing opinions without any photo proof.
>>
>>9740951
That format needs to die, t b h. It only worked on LJ.
>>
>>9740949
What admin? The whole board seems the opposite of cow and cgl cattyness. I'd be shocked if someone who ran a board that benign and worthless was a bitch.
>>
>>9740951
Another reason not to go there
>>
>>9740961
yawn
>>
>>9740927
>>9740931
>>9740947
>>9740951
>>9740961
>>9740963
>>9740971
The admin is offering up free webspace to make your own site or w/e. There was previously some talk about ppl making old style pixel art sites but if enough ppl got involved we could even do a livejournal style thing with everyone having a small site with a blog or w/e. It seems like a new opportunity to do something fun with the lolita community in general.
>>
>>9740963
It has been requested several times, by asking her, by posting on the meta board, and a bunch of people made threads on their cgl about how stupid it is not to have a fashion or jfashion board instead. Most of their posts got deleted lol. Now go back.

>>9740994
I already have livejournal account thanks.
>>
>>9740994
I'd be up for something that's like a lolita site. If it's one thing I think lolita's suffer from, it's diaspora. I really wished Lacebook had taken off. What ever happened with that?
>>
>>9741002
Not lacebook, but I remember some anon mentioning creating a website that would act somewhat like lolibrary, but with more options. How's that going?
>>
File: 786.gif (2.71 MB, 350x200)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB GIF
>>9740963
>admin doesn't want to make a fashion or cosplay board until cgl has enough activity
>people don't want to use cgl because it's not an active fashion or cosplay board
>>
fave wardrobe post so far? did any of you post wardrobes or comment on them on lj to keep the tradition alive?
>>
>>9741050
I just noticed I don't have to do the captcha if I'm logged in.
>>
Are trans people welcome in the lolita scene generally?
Would it bother you if you saw a trans girl doing it?
>>
>>9741112
I don't think anyone would give a fuck as long as that person was actually into the fashion. The only way I could see it being an issue is if they were mistaken for a man who had a fetishy interest in lolita. If the trans girl coorded well and was interested in the fashion it should be fine.
>>
Does anyone know what is going on here >>9740960?
>>
>>9741138
No please keep it in that thraed
>>
>>9741112
You clearly haven't heard of the recent fad of fetishist claiming to be trans to gain acceptance.
>>
>>9741112
why would it bother us? if they're doing it right, no one should even notice. just make it clear you're a woman (and don't behave like a creep/openly start fetish talk)
I'm personally offended by the fakeboi snowflakes that lose their shit if they're not called 'he' on CoF, but why would anyone care about anyone's genitalia unless they were for some reason flaunting that shit around

what do y'all do with pieces that don't fit you well but that you love regardless? I have a jsk that's from my dream collection but it's fucking mid thigh on me, and a skirt that's fucking beautiful but that requires me to suck my stomach to against my spine and generally do very inconvenient shit to fit into it. I feel kinda bad about the idea of selling them, but it's obvious I can't get much wear out of them so I'm on the fence about this
>>
>>9741171
Wear an underskirt with the too-short one? As for the skirt, maybe display it on a dress form in your room if you love it and don't want to sell it.
>>
>>9741171
What do you love about those pieces? Are there other pieces that have the same thing you love but that would fit better?
I have the same problem with a dress, that I mainly bought because of the print. I would alter it but there's s a skirt with the same print that would fit me much better. Have been looking for it for over a year.
>>
>>9740994
>>9741002
>>9741005
Not that anon, but I would love to have something like a daily lolita thread that's on somewhere other than 4chan.
>>
>>9741186
I would love to have a lolita/cgl community in any form in any location other than 4chan or tumblr, etc.
I legitimately hope Crystal Cafe picks up because it would be nice to have an alternative to the current two major flavors of tumblr and 4chan.
>>
>>9741192
>>9741186
Crystal.cafe's cgl is literally a slower version of 4chan's cgl
>>
>>9741174
it's, uh, not a dress that's great for underskirts in my opinion. pic related - I suppose I could get one made just for it that would match the bottom frills on it, but most of what I wear is extremely different from it so I'm not sure how much use I'd get out of it. thanks for the other suggestion, though!

>>9741184
there's a full size JSK but I've literally never seen it pop up in sales in the time I've been in the fashion, so I don't have my hopes all that high. the dress thematic is quite *unusual*, I haven't really seen anything comparable around - the skirt has more leeway/is a far more common theme (roses) but I still just really like it.

>>9741186
isn't there a daily group on facebook?
>>
>>9741186
I honestly don't want a /cgl/ anywhere else than here. Like other anons have said, this is already a slow moving board.

If crystal.cafe made something like a lacebook or livejournal type thing, I'd be all over that, though. Daily Lolita really needs a tightly knit community away from most prying eyes. It really doesn't need an anonymous board format at all and CoF threads are exactly why it's a bad idea.
>>
>>9741209
wear it when you're alone with your boyfriend
>>
>>9741216
>>9741002
were you all over lacebook?
>>
File: 56768978.png (3.89 MB, 1480x1422)
3.89 MB
3.89 MB PNG
Do you ever incorporate scarfs in your coord? Does anyone have more examples besides pic related?
>>
>>9741222
There...isn't a scarf in that pic, anon?
>>
>>9741225
Yes there is, it has circles on it
>>
>>9741227
Is this a language thing? A scarf is a wooly long thing that goes around your neck.
>>
>>9741228
Scarfs can be silk in my country
>>
>>9741229
This one is polyester

>>9741228
Anon please
>>
>>9741112
As long as she looked like a girl.
>>
>>9741228
Hermes would like a word with you.
>>
>>9741192
Literally just waiting for crystal cafe's /cgl/ to get invaded by brandwhores/tumblrinas/wannabe e-famous youtubers who are looking for a personal kingdom to be Queen Bee of. Their posting rules are way too lax compared to here and cow, anybody can post anything, they even have a thread inviting people to post unboxing vids.
They are totally asking for an invasion of wannabe e-famers.
>>
Did anybody get any of the AP special sets?
>>
>>9741112
trans people are generally welcome in the lolita scene, however trans people are generally unwelcome on cgl. Don't take the negatives on here to be indicative of the whole scene.
>>
>>9741413
I mostly talked myself out of getting cameo window but I was still lowkey hoping some unpopular colour wouldn't sell out so fast. Unfortunately all the colours I wanted were already long gone before I loaded the page so I guess the decision was made for me. Rip my 15 year old self that always wanted it. It wouldn't have meshed with my wardrobe at all but I'm still kinda sad.
>>
>>9741413
I was gonna get Cameo Window but it sold out within 3 minutes. I was checking out and suddenly my cart is empty. I wonder if they only had a few of each special set.
>>
>>9741228
That’s a muffler
>>
>>9741413
I grabbed lovely snow fantasy in mint. I'm lucky it didn't sell out, I had completely forgot and your post reminded me. Thanks Anon!
>>
>>9741515
a muffler is a thing at the ass end of a car, no?
>>
>>9741540
>because words never have two different meanings.
google is your frand.
>>
File: It-has-your-name-on-it.jpg (133 KB, 814x611)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>9741540
Oh hey, look anon, you're a homograph too!
>>
File: It-has-your-name-on-it.jpg (130 KB, 814x611)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
Sorry, wrong one
>>
>>9740932

People usually complain about this happening to aatp dresses, not AP ones, but I'll repeat what I've heard:

- It's sometimes caused by uncapped boning being too sharp so it pokes holes in the fabric, so you will need to remove the boning, cap them, then put them back. And maybe darn up any holes it may have caused.
- If it's a secondhand dress, the boning may also have warped to fit the girl who wore it before you, and now it won't sit straight again. In this case it's better to replace the boning altogether.
- Some girls said they can push the boning back up. I don't know that I'd recommend this, it'll probably work its way down again sooner or later
- if you don't have the skills to take out and replace the boning, find a seamstress who knows how, OR
- If you don't particularly need the boning, just take it out and leave it out. For a bustier dress you can sew on shoulder straps to help hold the dress up, it'll just be a little boxier and less shaped.

I took note of other people's problems with boning beacuse I have boned dresses from AatP and AP's Etoile Twins bustier jsk. Somehow the boning in my dresses stayed put, I'm the first owner for all of them and fit into them without issues though, maybe that's why I don't have problems with warped boning. Anyhow, good luck and hope you get the boning issues fixed.
>>
File: 15148336587201[1].jpg (61 KB, 828x559)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
as a dude how could I best complement pic related be it coords or whatever
>>
>>9741619
Try a cosplay help thread.
>>
>>9741209
style it in a fairykei way and you'll be fine
>>
So do any of you ever use silk or polyester scarfs in your coord?
>>9741222
>>
>>9741697
No.
>>
>>9741697
I have used scarfs, but not silk or polyester ones.
>>
How does AtePi compare to VM and MmM in terms of quality (specifically the fine details)?
>>
>>9741697

Yup. I've used mainly the small scarves around the neck for coords. It was pretty well received so I really want to continue incorporate that into my coordinates. I got a bunch of really cute scarves from a thrift shop recently and even one that matches pors kerchief colorwise. I'm pretty excited.
>>
>>9741791
Idk but someone on egl posted a wardrobe with a lot of atepie and moitie so I'd ask her
>>
>>9741794
I wanted to do that so I bought some scarfs online, but now I think they are too big to wear around my neck so I might try something like >>9741222. Only I wear sweet so I don't have a corset.
>>
>>9741362
I'm kind of inclined to check it out now. I really hate that you can't post here to the point where people think they're gonna get recognized from their wardrobe so we get zero original content.

I want to see peoples dresses god dammit.
>>
>>9741590
Thanks for the tips anon, I'll probably take it to a seamstress then.
>>
>>9741209
>isn't there a daily group on facebook
That's where normie lolitas hang out. Fuck that.
>>
When/how did you decide to commit to lolita fashion? I can't decide between lolita and normie fashion. I now have 2 Moitie dresses, 1 VM dress, 1 Moschino dress and 2 Miu Miu dresses... None of my stuff goes together.
>>
>>9741864
I've wanted to commit to it the moment I saw it when I was 17, to be honest. Started committing to it in practice when I was about 20 years old, and I've been wearing it on a daily basis for the past 7 years. I've always hated normie fashion though so the decision wasn't very difficult to make. Saving money, knowing how to find good deals, and deciding on substyles to build my wardrobe around were the more difficult parts.
>>
>>9741864
I was like 15, and it was because I didn't find normie clothes in my pricerange of interest. The pricerange where I find normie fashion to be interesting is at the Alexander McQueen tier and my economy is leagues away from that
>>
>>9741905
The normie stuff that I have was in the same price range as my lolita stuff stuff, I hate cheap normie clothes too.
>>
File: newfril.png (7 KB, 286x218)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
Can someone please help translate new fril?
>>
>>9741924
top one is the brand category, bottom one is just the general search terms. so the first one will bring you to all items with ETC listed as the brand, second one will bring you to items with ETC in their descriptions
>>
>>9741931
thanks
>>
>>9741864
I’ve been was interested in lolita sine I was 19 and bought a few pieces here and there, but I always waffled between committing fashion and jfashion. Then one summer I decided to go full normie because I was getting older and normie clothes were a “better investment” in my mind. By the end of the summer I was bored AF and hated everything I owned. Then I swung in the other direction and tried to wear jfashion as often as possible and it was fantastic. I haven’t looked back since.

I do wear normie looks pretty regularly and have a small, quality normie wardrobe that can mix with my jfashion items if I’m feeling it. To me, it’s not about /always/ wearing once style, but where I want to focus my money and energy. Once you have a few normie basics you are good imo
>>
>>9741905
I have Alexander McQueen shoes and they hurt my feet. Normie designers use such good materials though, the leather is incredible. I have ysl shoes and they're soft like butter but so plain and boring. I have chanel shoes and they're the best of everything, I need to try to coord them with lolita
>>
>>9741999
I had a pair of Jimmy Choos flats that were oddly uncomfortable and stiff. They were lovely, but I had to sell them after the wrecked my feet a few times.
>>
>>9742000
Choo*
>>
>>9741864
I didn't; I own both, but tend to prefer vintage designer fashion and I go to a lot of sample sales. Chances are unless you are a complete lifestyler with a job that allows you to wear jfash, you'll need at least some normal clothes as well.
>>
>>9741864
I only wear basic normie fashion- everlane, uniqlo, etc. It's simple but works.
>>
File: 1499805749409.jpg (222 KB, 690x965)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>9741864
You can always combine them, I personally love seeing luxury brands along with lolita.
>>
>>9741864
Why not both?

For me, it wasn't even a competition because I loathe normie fashion. If I wouldn't be a gothic lolita, I'd just be a goth.
>>
LWLN video is now up! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNn5KLQhSAo
>>
How long is too long to wait for a seller to respond to a sale and message? I ordered an item before Christmas, the 21st to be exact, but they still haven't read my message or acknowledged the sale. I'm usually very patient, but at the same time I feel like they've had enough time before and after the holidays.
I'm going to wait until the 21st of this month, but if there's still no contact is it acceptable to leave negative feedback?
>>
>>9742112
Her reasons are not my reasons /oldfag. I'm not bitter though I can get everything I wanted for years now dirt cheap on japanese auctions & seller sites. But if I saw back then what I see now taobao/flimsy/ugly churned out clipart prints without balance I would never have got into the fashion. She's an ap fag, it wont ever feel like the fashion is dying for her because ap is never going away
>>
>>9742071
why does the girl on the left look like someone else's head was put on her body? it looks oddly uncanny. girl on the right is hontoni kawaii
>>
>>9742153
>I'm going to wait until the 21st of this month
What the fuck? You're going to give them an entire MONTH? I'd warn them if they didn't reply in a few days that I would be leaving neg feedback, you've already given them over a week.
>>
>>9742184
I think it's because the base makeup on her face is pinker and more pale than her neck so it looks off.
>>
>>9742000
I had a pair of Jimmy Choos with incredibly buttery leather but the soles wore down and needed repaired (both heels, the forefoot part was worn but good enough for when I consigned them) after maybe 3 wears. I think they're pretty shoddily made for designer goods. Plus not loliable at all. Right now I'm after some Ferragamo pumps, I wear a lot of casual classic and I think they'd be cute. I also wear gothic but have yet to find just the right designer shoes for that. I like to find things that are on sale
>>
>>9740961
Lol I had this same thought.
>>
>>9741619
Ditch the mini skirt for a solid color lolita one in black to match the tigh highs, put the red chest bow on the blouse's collar instead and problem solved
>>
>>9741821
If no one here as an answer, I'll consider that. Thanks.
>>
>>9742181
Yeah, this made me salty in a similar fashion. Anyone who doesn't buy from sweet brands will know how scary it is watching the other brands close stores or going through big changes.
>>
File: IMG_20180104_213249.jpg (378 KB, 1440x2188)
378 KB
378 KB JPG
Talk me down ceeg I'm this.close to buying this shit and commissioning a tricorn. Tell me it's tacky and the fabric's too shiny and the print's unbalanced, anything. I just don't need to spend 400$ to cosplay pirate Arisu
>>
>>9742255
>>9742181
>it wont ever feel like the fashion is dying for her because ap is never going away
This is the problem with a lot of efamous girls not just in lolita but with jfashion in general talking about Harajuku dying. They all wear sweet and they brush it off.
The subculture isn't dying and we don't have to take action because the brands THEY like and the magazines THEY read aren't what's shutting down, and those are usually the things that are popular at the moment. When the stuff they like shuts down then Lolita is dying but otherwise it just doesn't feel real to them.

It's not their fault that they wear popular sweet but it also shouldn't be hard to acknowledge that those who wear classic are concerned about the fashion from seeing their favourite brands crumble around them. I wear gothic and I worry about the sake of the fashion, I can't just brush it off because AP will probably always be around.
>>
>>9742153
you've already waited ages, I'd give them one final warning message and then if they don't respond in like a day or two leave negative feedback
>>
>>9742255
buy it anon
>>
>>9741002
Too exclusive. Certainly initially, it was very hard to join unless you had actively involved friends. That was why I never joined.
>>
What would be the search term to use for finding Peter Pan collared stuff on Japanese sites?
>>
>>9742181
>>9742265
Same feels as you guys - and honestly I don't think "prints are the main selling factor of lolita " is entirely true as IW has been doing pretty fine other than having to close their Harajuku shop (which feels like it hardly matters since the Shinjuku shop is so close) and the sweet brands also release plenty of printless pieces that sell just fine. Sure, prints sell better of course, but I think it's naive to pin it down to just a lack of prints. Tyler of course said there were many other contributing factors, but it seems to me that was what she personally believed was the reason VM/MM/Excentrique died.

As someone who wears gothic/classic, I'm honestly just super worried for classic. At least with Gothic BPN survived to become Sheglit, which I honestly think is a lot better than old PN/BPN, and MMM is getting a whole new chance being purchased by Wunderwelt's parent company and they fully intend to revitalize it. The other gothic brands have been fairly stable/lowkey as always. But classic? ...It's just so sad and ironic in a time period where everyone is "so sick of OTT Classic" that classic may very well start to die. Taobao cannot fill the gap the classic brands will leave.
>>
>>9742283
I think the issue was less that they didn’t make prints and more that they remade the same design for years on end. I personally loved VM, but when I look back at my closet I realized most of my pieces by them were bought on the second hand market. Not because I intentionally didn’t buy from their store, but because I never really needed to. There’s only so many colorways I can buy the same dress I got off egl in. Ultimately, it’s kind of a doomed business model.
>>
>>9742288
>remade the same design for years on end
Its this. Classic fags love to rage about this but its so true. It all looks samey as fuck and there's no new designs to push out. If there's nothing to add to the pre existing cuts, they're done for.
>>
>>9742283
I think prints are only the 'main selling factor' within a very specific style of AP sweet. Prints have been popular for years and a lot of brands do them but even Baby isn't solely known for their prints, imo they're more known for their oldschool dresses. Insinuating that classic brands like VM struggled because of a lack of prints doesn't even make sense because the people that are obsessed with prints are probably buying exclusively AP (or taobao) regardless.

I think gothic will probably always be around since it hasn't been the most popular for a long time and the brands still seem to be doing ok. Moitie is getting a much needed facelift, brands like atelier pierott and sheglit aren't going anywhere, if they do they'll be succeeded by similar brands anyway. AATP probably won't go anywhere unless Baby struggles which is unlikely.

Classic though, I do worry for. OTT classic has completely oversaturated the substyle and all the simple classic brands like VM and MM fell behind. Taobao dresses with 3 underskirts have become the norm for what is considered classic and with all the simpler brands biting the dust there won't be much to fill the gap. I don't think OTT pastel vomit sweet had the same effect long term on sweet as a whole, it's just seen as its own thing and most of the sweet brands worked with it and then moved on from it when the trend was over. But OTT classic has really dominated the substyle and there's probably no coming back from it when the original classic brands are all gone because no one is buying new from them.
>>
>>9741005
i mentioned the site a girl in a local comm and i are making thats an interactive wardrobe and lolita bedroom, with a customizable avatar
clothes in the wardrobe would be hosted through lolibrary images, is that what you were thinking of?
>>
Just found out that the iconic Candy Candy collecting lolita grandma, that gets posted in the general, got an active FB. Just in case you guys want to follow her, her name is Candy H Milky.
>>
>>9742309
P.S.: She is mtf.
>>
>>9742293
Actually VM did new things for every collection that were often trendy, and sometimes even did gothy stuff. I think that anon is talking about actual re-releases.
>>
>>9742309
Thanks
>>
Is there a male equivalent of EGL?

I'm autistically attracted to these threads
>>
File: ega.jpg (45 KB, 355x600)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>9742329
EGA (Elegant Gothic Aristocrat)
>>
>>9742255
the bodice looks like a tube of toilet paper
there u go anon i complained
>>
>>9741864
i committed to it when i was 16. there wasn't much of a "how" or "why" because teenagers just do things on impulse. i was never fashionable by normie standards anyway because i dressed like a grandmotherly librarian so it wasn't a toss-up.

the question is, why do you have to decide? it's not like you have to wear either normie or jfash exclusively. stop buying main pieces and buy supporting items like blouses/cardis/accessories that tie your eclectic mains together into a unified wardrobe if that's what you're concerned about.
>>
>buy thing for gf on AP USA website
>set shipping address to her place because most websites let you do that
>find out that they don't let you do that after i've already purchased it
>item is now sold out because i bought the last one

What do, gulls? Will they email me about it so I get a chance to fix it, or do I have to jump through all of the identity theft hoops they have listed on their site?
>>
>>9742181
IDK, I'm an AP fag but all their recent releases have been ugly as fucking sin to me. The fashion still feels like it is fading away, and I'm sad.
>>
Lolita as a market is alive and well, maybe even thriving, but the spirit of it is most definitely dying.
>>
>>9741864
I only wear the fashion occasionally. I've loved it since I was a teenager but outside of that Im the most basic white bitch. Ugg boots and all.
>>
>>9742449
Love yourself, anon. Nobody will say anything because athleisure is en vogue but it looks lazy and sloppy. When you look lazy and sloppy, you become lazy and sloppy within your heart. Become an elegant lolita who has beauty and meticulousness in her heart.
>>
>>9742455
i misread this as "beauty and maliciousness" and it still made sense
>>
>>9742306
Yes, that was it. It sounds great, I hope it goes well.
>>
>>9742458
You're the person I like the most in this thread.
>>
>>9742112
>iconic brands are dying because tacky prints are all that matters
>chinese brands are on the rise
>lolita isn't dying it's changing
Is this supposed to be comforting? Not even in a
>hurr change is scary
way; some prints are beautiful, others are tacky as hell, but either way they're not comfortable to wear regularly, not the way solids are.
Materials now seem cheaper and uncomfortable too, so many things are made from polyester which is convenient if you hate ironing your stuff but it's not very nice to wear in certain climates.
And Chinese brands do cheapen the fashion as a whole, with their cheaper materials, ridiculous designs and novelty prints.
Lolita fashion has changed and is changing, yes, but this change isn't necessarily a good thing.
I like Tyler and I think I see what she was going for with this message but I'm not feeling this, at all.
>inb4 get with the times grandma
>darned pastel vomit whippersnappers, get off my lawn
>>
>>9742185
>>9742267
Thanks for the help. I really wasn't sure how long was too long because I've never had this happen before. I'm hoping they respond to this final warning because I really want the item.
>>
So is anyone else getting the physical drop lucky pack? If so, did you already get invoiced? Kato-san said she'd invoice me a couple of days ago but she hasn't yet and it feels impolite to ask.
>>
>>9742255
The frills are ugly, the fit looks bad and I honestly don't even want to know what that fabric feels like irl. Commission that tricorn though
>>
>>9742329
>>9715254

Been here for years yet haven't learnt how to link a thread correctly
>>
>>9742504
Today I Learnt
>>
>>9742504
>>9742505
Proud of you, anon.
>>
>>9742484
I too very much dislike what Chinese people are into and loathe that that's the direction the market is turning.
Not a race thing, just a tacky nuevo riche thing.
>>
>>9742410
I have to decide because my taste in normie fashion is just as expensive or more expensive than lolita. I'm still a student (at 25) and I can't afford both.
>>
>>9742445
*dead
in the west at least
>>
>>9742255
I hope you got this
>>
What are good quality high fashion normal brands aside from the few mentioned above? I like pairing high end stuff with lolita like bags, shoes, and accesories.
>for reference I wear mostly classic and goth
>>
>>9742488
I haven't had an invoice from her yet either anon. Which pack did you get?
>>
>>9742255
Nah, buy the hell out of it. I love tricorns and would love to see more pirate lolita. I feel like it's been in a real lull lately.
>>
>>9742609
Just look through websites like yoox or farfetch to see what brands you like and go with your lolita wardrobe. Then buy from the brand webshop, they often have better sales, more in stock, better service plus if you but from yoox or farfetch the brand only gets like half of what you spent.
>>
>>9742609
I didn't see if they were mentioned but obviously VW and McQueen are goth legends, you might be able to work the right pieces into a coord. Maybe something plain like jil sander could also work? But I like more elaborate pieces
>>
I bought something off lolitawardrobe instead of taobao because no one wanted to do an order with me and I really wanted a certain dress.

They just emailed me asking for my phone number though. Their email says the shipper needs it to make sure everything arrives ok- I've never heard of this before? Is this common?
>>
>>9742510

>nuevo riche

Sorry anon. I totally get what you mean, but my sides.
>>
>>9740927
I've been lurking there, but it honestly seems like their cgl is overrun by gyaru and normies talking about their lingerie... Just look at their coord thread, it's a travesty. I feel like posting is pointless, are there even any lolitas posting there?

>>9740947
I would partially disagree, they advertise all over cgl but no one here seems interested. Perhaps they should advertise on Facebook and absorb all the loud itas?

>>9740951
You mean, they're failing to do so. They posted secrets a grand total of once. The second batch were meant to be posted on Dec 10, but they never appeared. Either the mods gave up or no one submitted any. My guess is the latter.
>>
>>9742283
>IW has been doing pretty fine
But IW has tons of iconic prints...? It's also the sweetest of the classic brands with lots of sweet-classic. Name one iconic VM print that everyone went for. It was basically the opposite of prints.
>>
>>9742416
What are you trying to say here by "her place"? You bought it for a friend or girlfriend? Also, keep us updated. I'd like to know if they'll fix it or put it back up in stock.
>>
>>9742650
Not sure if common internationally but a lot of companies in my country asks for phonenumbers for the sake of notifying when a package will/have arrived
>>
File: GLB_VOL_2 (120).jpg (109 KB, 700x1034)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>9742680
I agree with you anon. Closest to iconic VM print that lots of people want that I (a goth) can think of is the flocked crosses collection from 2000
>>
>>9742650
I create shippers as part of my job, you need it for customs and most creation tools I've encountered have it as a mandatory entry.
It should be weird to you if they don't ask.
>>
>>9742667
Bueno
>>
File: batbonnet.jpg (79 KB, 570x802)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
It looks like medusacouture is selling the bat bonnet again. Does anyone have this that can talk about the quality? I'm considering ordering but if it looks like shit irl I'd rather not.
>>
>>9742559
If you're having issues like this, maybe go normie fashion for a bit, honestly. It seems like lolita is an afterthought.
>>
>>9742674
I never understood why gyaru just didn't come here. There's definitely been gyaru threads, but their presence seems ironically nonexistent on /cgl/. I feel they've gone to crystal because /cgl/ is so lolita dominated and there doesn't seem to be much mingling between the two.
>>
>>9742650
It's common if you are buying from China and it's super useful imo. I'm a Euro-fag and once a parcel landed in customs, and they actually directly phoned me and asked for a receipt and if I could mail it to them. That way they could clear the parcel at the airport and ship it to me right away instead of to the customs office where I'd have to pick it up instead. My local customs office is 1 1/2 hr away and there's at least 1 hr waiting time, it practically saved me a whole afternoon of time and trouble.

It is also a semi-protection for your parcel getting lost, if it's shipped to the wrong post office or can't be delivered for some reason they can call you and inform you where it is.
>>
File: 16_11_2_10_1.jpg (91 KB, 426x640)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
Does anybody own this or a similar Baby coat? The measurements I found say it has 80cm waist, but nothing about bust. I'm a classical 73/93 girl and I wonder if I could still fit into this.
>>
>>9742683
Her place meaning "her house" because we don't live together. Item still isn't in stock and haven't heard anything yet but will let you know if I do.
>tfw afraid they're going to block me or something
>>
>>9742416
They'll send an email, just respond to it that you made a mistake and meant to ship it to your billing address, don't lose your way.
>>
I don’t understand how to do coord without everything being matchy matchy. How can I avoid being like that anon who buys new shoes and bag and accessories for every new dress?
>>
>>9742980
Buy neutral shoes and bags
>>
>>9742980
Your wardrobe sounds like it needs to be more cohesive if you're buying new things for every dress. Start with buying similar colors and get a nice brand blouse that'll match all of them. You need to match to some degree, but try mixing from different releases and brands instead of just using full sets.
>>
>>9742980
try not to be the kind of person who plans and makes specific purchases for specific coordinates. it makes sense for special events and lolitas who already have all the basics down and want to refine their coords, but not for starting out/everyday wear.

assuming you're newer to the fashion, what you need to do is view your wardrobe as a whole. think about what's missing from it that would tie it all together. then buy it. get all of the basics for your preferred style and before you know it you won't have to buy new things all the time. hopefully that makes sense because i have no clue what's in your closet. collage maybe?
>>
>>9743023
I tried to do this and ended up with a blouse that matched nothing (the pink is the wrong shade for most of my dresses and the couple that it matches, the collar is wrong). Sometimes it's nice to have sets. It takes a lot of work to find the right versatile pieces. I think that's the key is buying a lot of staples. I bought like 15 blouses this year and sold off maybe 5 of them that didn't match what I bought them for. Collars and necklines are so frustrating
>>
>>9742980
You don't want matchy matchy?
Try getting pieces that have removable parts, or can have different looks.
The more you can use one piece in a multitude of ways, the more fun I think you'll have figuring out how to deviate from your previous coordinates.
>>
>>9742699
>tfw have the long bxb jsk
it's my favorite piece, although it kind of has that "old clothing" smell
>>
I have someone who wants to buy some things from me, but I KNOW she won't fit into them, I keep giving her info about the sizes, and she is a 100+ bust size when the items she wants only go up to 96-98cm, yet she STILL wants to try them on etc.

What do?
>>
>>9743248
Depends if you really want the money. If money is what you want, the future of the item shouldn't be your problem. If you want your stuffs to have a good afterlife, kindly tell her to fuck off.
>>
Why do all my lolita pieces pill so much / get covered in lint so much? I'll buy a white blouse in perfectly good condition, put it in my closet and within days it will be covered in lint, before I even wash it
>>
>>9743292
Girl clean your closet
>>
>>9743292
Change your air filter?
>>
>>9743248
Don't let her try them on. She needs to buy it first and really you should just tell her no, especially since she gave you her measurements.
>>
>>9743248
Sell it to her, no refunds.
She might be working on herself, who are you to gate her?
>>
>>9743292
get an air purifier?
>>
>>9743248
Don't let her try them on without buying. If she stretches them or busts the seams, pops buttons etc. and then decides she doesn't want them after all you're stuck with a bunch of damaged clothes that will be worth less.

If she's willing to buy them despite the chance that they won't fit her and probably will look unflattering then go ahead. But don't let her try and squeeze into them without handing over the money first, no refunds. If her measurements are too big damage is basically guaranteed and you will lose money.

Like >>9743279 said, if you want your stuff to not get damaged and stretched out by someone who obviously can't fit into it, don't sell it to her, find someone else. If she already wants to try it on at the size she is chances are it probably isn't a thinspo dress and she won't care less if she destroys it.
>>
>>9743354
>>9743329
>>9743307
>>9743279

She has said that she apparently "sometimes" fits into 98cm busts, which I fucking doubt. The second annoying issue is that she wants to meet up and try them on, and that would just be a waste of my time.

I don't know a tactful way of telling her this stuff isn't going to fit, I've tried already by being subtle but...
>>
>>9743363
You could tell her that she can try it on but if one stitch is pulled she has to buy the dress. You could also just tell her you decided to keep it and sell it off quietly later.
>>
>>9743363
If she doesn't get the subtlety then just be upfront, say she can't try it on and if she doesn't want it you'll sell it to someone else. Don't go out of your way to arrange a meetup for something she may or may not want. It's not worth it if you know she'll damage it or perhaps not want it. If you don't want your dress to get damaged and treated poorly in the future it's time to put your foot down if she's not getting the hint. You can always sell it to someone else later if you're not desperate for the money.
>>
>>9743292
Arrange your wardrobe by color, then fabric type, do you won't get dark lint on pale clothes and vice versa. This is what I do for all my jsks because I am scared of red/black dyes rubbing off onto white/yellow dresses. (Never happened to me but I've seen pictures.)
>>
>>9743363
Just tell her straight up that she exceeds the measurements and it could damage the clothing. It's not about hurting people's feelings, it's about keeping the merchandise intact. It's not a hard dilemma, anon. If she doesn't get that she could damage them and doesn't care on top of it, I don't think you should sell them to her to begin with. The longevity of the clothing won't be good.
>>
>>9743248
“sorry, but no”
>>
>>
File: FB_IMG_1515230678949.jpg (64 KB, 600x848)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>9743425
>>
>>9743425
>>9743426
that was fucking hilarious
>>
>>9743425
>>9743426
Wait, so this person emailed AP to try to buy a LP instead of using the website?

...wow.
>>
>>9743425
what group was this posted in? This is hilarious
>>
>>9743434
Lolita Updates lel
>>
>>9743435
damn, was it deleted? I can't find it. I need the milk anon!
>>
File: 1494369921370.png (162 KB, 271x274)
162 KB
162 KB PNG
>>9743292
>>
>>9743437
Yeah it got deleted about 15 minutes after she posted.
>>
How bad is it to buy a Chinese blouse/shirt replica (I think?) of an irrelevant Chinese punk brand?
>>
>>9743490
Still bad anon. Don't support that shit.
>>
>>9743248
Who lets people try on sales items???? Yuck. Just tell her you can't try on things in grorious Nippon (ignore that it isn't true, just say it to shut her up).
>>
secretss
>>
>>9743363
Just tell her it won't fit ffs. You people are so sensitive.
>>
>>9743522
Am I stupid? I don't understand the scathing critique of fire thing. Is it a clickhole joke?
>>
>>9743490
I feel so bad for that band
>>
>>9743490
Why not buy the real thing?
>>
>>9743494
Nayrt but it’s standard for people to try on pieces during swap meets in my comm. I dread the day a fat girl wants to try on one of my items because the ones in my comm think that fully-stretched shirring and straining at the seams = perfect fit. If I tried to tell them no they’d probably call me fatphobic.
>>
>>9742618
The big one.
>>
>>9742488
What items were expected to be in here?
>>
>>9743531
Because it's kinda old an no longer made/sold by the brand. The stores I have found selling something they claim to be the original (by marking it as made by the brand), all sell it in weirdly huge sizes, to the point I suspect these all are also Chinese knock-offs, not to mention how overpriced it is there.
Or maybe the brand sold/got rid of the designs, and let other factories make it.

>>9743528
The brand seems to be doing fine, they appear to rotate their offer quite often.

>>9743492
Yeah, I will try not to. Looking for something else.
>>
>>9743560
There was a 10000 yen set which would have lots of accessories like hats and gloves and bags, and a 20000 yen set with main pieces. The accessory set sold out really quickly, I ordered the clothing set and I think it might still be available. We're supposed to order by messaging Kuniko Kato on fb and discussing with her, it was pretty easy and she was very nice and friendly, except that I've been waiting to be invoiced for a while.
>>
>>9742283
the worst part of everyone getting sick of ott classic is the fact that the brands that are dying arent the brands that ott classic fags were using. They were putting underskirts under baby dresses, not vm dresses.
>>
>>9742683
update: they sent an email (that went to my spam folder) asking me to send pics of both sides of my ID, then agreed to send it to her. crisis averted. i've never done this with another company before though. have they had issues with fraud in the past or something?
>>
>>9742418
honestly bring back 2012-2014 and some 2015 prints. Cameo Window, RRL, Cinema Doll, Classic Fairy Tales and Dream Marine were my faves. I wish we could go back to that.
>>
>>9742559
What about alternating what you buy? Like one month lolita stuff, one month normie stuff?
>>
>>9743536
Standard? I only ever let really close friends try stuff on at meets. If I don't know them or know they won't fit, sorry charlie.
>>
>>9743598
*swap meets, I meant.
>>
>>9743363
"I don't think this will fit you anon, and I don't have the time to meet you so you can try it on. If you still want to buy it and have it shipped to you I don't mind, but if it doesn't fit I won't accept a return."
>>
>>9743598
Yup, it’s expected that you let people who are interested try your stuff on. So far I haven’t had to turn anyone down because the fattest girls in my comm are all into AP and I’ve never sold AP before. Next time I probably will have an AP dress without shirring for sale, though. I think I’m going to take a tape measure with me and write down the dress measurements on the price tag.
>>
File: 1515252016635.jpg (67 KB, 497x750)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
What's your gulls opinion on the use of waist bows/underboob bands for sack dresses? I feel like it could be of good use for big boobed gulls that want to wear empire waist/sack dresses
>>
>>9743692
I think it's a good idea as long as the bow or belt matches the outfit in style and color scheme.
>>
Kind of a room question but I place my first order with AP US for a Misty sky op. How / when do I know for sure I will legitimately own it ? They charged my card but the order is pending.
>>
>>9743692
I feel like it only really looks good if you have a large difference between your bust and your waist, otherwise you kind of just look chunky. Also keeping a belt on the underbust is going to be a bad time unless the dress already has loops or you're willing to pin it directly onto the dress.
>>
>>9742717
That's interesting. I've bought from taobao several times and never had to provide a number.
>>
>>9743248
I agree with the other anons; don't let her try it on before buying if she will likely damage the item. Unless you've established otherwise in the past, say that buy-before-try and no refunds is your policy, no exceptions.

This sounds more like a self-awareness issue than a weight issue, honestly. It would be easier if some of the girls the other anons mentioned had the courtesy to consider that by trying on expensive items that don't even belong to them, they might damage them and make them much harder to sell for the actual owner. It's just kind of selfish and thoughtless, desu
>>
>>9743700
What dress is this?
>>
How to you style hair combs like pic related? Stick it in the base of hair buns/ponytails? On the sides of your head?
>>
>>9743813
Whatever you want, really. Jazz up a better, sides of head with a braided loops. There was a video with Misako where she had a side pony and stuck one at the base and one higher up. I've used them for the braided heart pinned to the back of your head thing too.
>>
File: 1493347448147.png (39 KB, 275x196)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>9743425
Fucking retard
>>
Is it weird to wear a headbow with a color that isn't anywhere else in your coord? I have a headbow in an unusual color that I want to wear it white or black coords.
>>
>>9743880
Not really imo, if the final result looks good. Color balance is there to help people put together coords that look nice, and many girls in this fashion clearly don't know how to dress themselves so they actually need to follow specific guidelines like this.
If you can make the pop of color/"imbalance" look good then go for it, just be aware that some people are anal about color matching and might criticize you for it.
>>
>>9743700
I disagree. I have a 10" difference between my bust and waist and it makes me look incredibly bulky because of all the fabric bunched up around the waist.

Depending on the size of the dress or the cut, empire waist dresses will look fine on busty people. If you have big boobs in lolita you should be wearing a good minimizer anyway to look best. Most people aren't even wearing the right bra size so that's probably easier said than done.
>>
>>9743696
pending order just means they haven't packed it up for shipping just yet, congrats on misty sky!
>>
The girl who was in that documentary shared here recently was also interviewed on This Morning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn0KT5oYH3I
>>
>>9743954
It's less than a minute in and I'm saddened by how she's sitting, petticoat visible to all. In the RC thread she said she was told to say certain things but if she keeps thrusting herself into the media, and should think more about how she's representing the community and maybe choose not to say what she's been told.
>>
>>9743582
That's how they try to prevent people buying multiple dresses when they have rules in place to prevent scalping.
>>
>>9743920
I'm a 90/70 banana and belted sack dresses make my torso look lumpy, so what body type does that style suit?
>>
>>9742416
I've charged something to my boyfriend's credit card (cash back purposes) and mailed it to my house. They emailed me requesting a picture of my boyfriend's credit card and ID and then they shipped it.
>>
Look like the girl who was assaulted editedthe text message
He just post these
>>
>>
>>9744158
I don't see how this is related to lolita. Is she even an adult?
>>
>>9744153
>>9744154
>>9744158
What the fuck, of course he's going to keep sending stupid messages like that if you receive them playfully. Yes girl your answers actually do matter, her edited caps made it seem like he was hounding her when she was clearly egging him on. How old is she?? This is some backwards ass child logic to think editing her caps was appropriate in any stretch.
>>
>>9744160
Kensuke was actively trying to market to the lolita community (as well as other Jfashions obv) and had hundreds of lolitas on his FL until the assault allegations came out.
>>
>>9744173
Yeah, editing the messages like that was misleading bordering on deceptive.
>>
>>9744176
Elizabeth Evans is known to hunt Japanese men so I’m not surprised she edited the posts
>>
>>9743925
Thanks anon !

Another question to anyone that owns Misty sky op- my usual measurements are 36-26 but I've ballooned to 40- 28 over the holidays. Any luck it's going to fit or just wait til my normal routine gets everything in check ?
>>
Not a good thing to say before you claim sexual assault
>>
>>9744185
???????? Details?
>>
>>9744185
Pretty positive she was talking about the drinking they were doing
>>
>>9741209
Oh no, I have the same problem with the high waist cut of Marchen Ribbon. Kind of in the market for the regular cut jsk though. I'm keeping mine to wear in a non-lolita/otome-kei manner.
>>
>>9741222
I occasionally put in a fashion scarf in place of a necklace when I'm wearing a jsk with a bolero - it makes the coord more casual for non-meetup outings. I'm pretty sure I've seen people wear a silk/polyester neck scarf in lolita to give it a more retro vibe. Sorry I don't have any photos.
>>
>>9744237
Oh shit you gais, lolitas are all supposed to be lovely angels to each other, we totally forgot!
>>
>>9744248
Cry me a river ita
>>
File: IMG_2760.jpg (153 KB, 2048x1503)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>9744237
>online stalking
>>
>>9744248
So perfect loli
>>
Anyone watching this auction? Someone is selling their Doge dress. Bidding started at $110. Now it's at $251.

https://egl.circlly.com/auctions/moonlight-forest-dream-of-alice-doge-op-full-set
>>
>>9744181
That is hilarious and totally some spaghetti ass shit I'd pull
>>
>>9743954
>dressing like a doll helps me with my chronic pain
w h y does it always need to be like this? so many lolitas who get interviewed about their clothes are more concerned about bringing light to how fwagile they are.

all of us have something physically or mentally or emotionally wrong with us, big or small. and yes, it sucks. but why not talk about something else for once? it just irks me because this is supposed to be about the fashion and every time it spirals down into some Tumblr before-you-follow bullshit.
>>
>>9744276
No because I'm not garbage

>>9744257
Jesus christ she looks psychotic
>>
>>9744248
That's still not an excuse to wear a shitty coord. Speaking as someone with a chronic illness, I don't use that as a scapegoat reason for a coord being not as good as it should be.
>>
>>9743954
>>9743958
yeah, honestly it really seems like she's been fed all the "doll" stuff - she doesn't really seem like that's what she wants to be saying.
>>
>>9744281
Its amazing to me how many people on this site just want to lie and be positive about everything.

If everyone has issues like you're saying then why is it weird to talk about it?

Is it weird or wrong to say you're going to the bathroom? No of course not. Literally everyone does.
>>
>>9744366
>just want to lie and be positive about everything
literally who said that? sounds like you're projecting fampai.
>>
>>9744366
It's fucking weird when you're acting like a fucking street fashion is a coping mechanism. It makes it weird for everybody.
>>
Is the kensuke dude the equal to John Leigh for Japan. I mean they both own a shop careering to Jfashion and are creeps with controversy. I wouldn’t have known of him if it where not for that annoying girl talking non stop about him in the adult chat on Lolita amino.
>>
>>9743954
This is a little less offensive than I expected. The doll stuff is bothersome but I think that's just the closest thing the host have as a point if reference.

I remember gulls talking about people bringing the media to comms. Do any of you guys have experience with dealing with that.
A camera crew came to my place of work to record a commercial twice and I called off both times. I'd hate to show up to a comm and see a camera crew. I'd probably dip.
>>
>>9744312
She calls herself a living doll on her instagram profile. She knows exactly what she is doing.
>>
>>9744387
>Is the kensuke dude the equal to John Leigh for Japan.
No, especially not after the unedited texts were leaked. He's still a shit human and I will never support him again, but not as bad as John Leigh and his wife.
>>
>>9744399
>korean name and korean hashtags
kek, girl ain't fooling anyone
>>
>>9744027
People who are flat as a board? They don't look bad unbelted to me but if you don't like them or don't think they look good on you then don't get them.
>>
>>9744394
I know who you’re talking about from amino. Ignore her, she’s a weeb with money and poor social skills. She’s only talking about it because her friend minupulated the shit with kensuke and wants to be the whistleblower. So far the interactions with the austrailian and newzeland lolitas I have seen have really made them look like undereducated spergs.
>>
>>9744366
There's a significant difference between wanting to "be positive" and glorifying your goddamn issues. No one wants to be around someone who just wants to wallow in their problems rather than do something about them. If someone needs to constantly tell everyone that they have these issues they're obviously not fucking dealing with them.
>>
>>9744385
Well, it is. And I say that as someone who hates how many people use lolita fashion as an alternative culture instead of treating it like an actual fashion. It attracts people with problems, and it's pointless to deny that. I would venture that you can probably name multiple people in your comm with...issues? And of course the media would want to capitalize on that because they're clickbaity assholes. What can we fucking do.
>>
>>9743896

Hard to tell without seeing the actual coord/headbow. I'd suggest you post to the coord help thread for some feedback, state that you're trying to go for the pop of colour look.

It could certainly work, but depending on the headbow it could also like you grabbed the wrong headbow on your way out the door.
>>
>>9744552

Whoops, meant to reply to >>9743880, sorry.
>>
>>9744366
Not oversharing =/= lying.
>>
>>9744394
If I saw a camera crew at a meetup I’d probably just leave, too. Maybe get a few more girls together who don’t want to be filmed and go do something as a smaller group. I haven’t had to deal with this before but apparently the old mod of my comm would invite television crews to meetups and only tell people AFTER they paid for a ticket.
>>
>>9744559
We have a couple of semi e-famous lolitas in my comm and thankfully havnt had to deal with that because they are hermits to us outside of their own shameless self pro motions on their pages. But if they did actually attend meet ups and have their “ camera crew” around, I’d leave because I didn’t consent to being a part of what ever self flattery they are trying to force me into.
>>
So is it okay to post people's names on here now?
>>
>>9744610
No, but people have been doing it forever
>>
What's the deal with all those sellers on y!a that keep relisting the same dresses for ridiculously low starting prices?
>>
>>9744626
start low to garner attention in hopes that a bidding war will happen and they’ll make a ton. if it fails, they cancel it and try again.
>>
>>9744626
I guess they just cancel the item and bids and relist if the final price isn't as high as they wanted it to be. There's an item I've won 3 separate times and have seen other people win, only for it to be relisted.
>>
>>9744394
In my com, any event that media was going to be at was planned as an event for that media, and the guest list was monitored. We even had one where it was invite-only and everyone invited was prepped on how not to stick your own foot in your mouth on camera etc.

It seems incredibly rude of anyone who wants to film to not ask permission ahead of time, though I guess nobody can stop randos from walking up to you with a camera.
>>
Does anyone have the name of the new emily temple cute dress that has tea boxes as the print? (Not sure if it was released already or still coming up.) Thank you!
>>
When will VM have their sale? On the site it says 1/5-1/8 i believe but that's using google translate so it's probably wrong. I know they recently had their Christmas sale so maybe I'm being too eager.
>>
>>9743813
most commonly i do twin braids and stick them in the bottom of the braids where the hair tie is. I also stick them in front of buns. Occasionally i wear them like a hair pin when i have more bows to put at the ends of my braids or hair.
>>
>>9744678
when they have stuff to sell lol nearly everything sold out in december
>>
>>9744610
the mods have abandoned us
>>
Feels thread is kill
>Mfw ask SO which colorway of dozing cat I should go for when it opens up
>Anon, that hurts my eyes
>What's for sale on baby
>Encourages me to buy some OTT lacy OP that I kind of wanted but have no idea where I'll wear it

Fug. At least if I decided I didn't like Dozing Cat someone would probably buy it from me. If I get tired of generic fancy lace OP that I overpaid for, or never wear it, no one is gonna want to buy this. I probably couldn't even give it away ugh why does my partner have such bad taste. Dozing cat is supposed to be busy and loud, that's why it's cute
>>
>>9744691
>if I decided I didn't like Dozing Cat someone would probably buy it from me
that's what people thought when they spent hundreds on sugary carnival
>>
>>9744678
They already had their sale. If you look at the sale tab it lists a bunch of items that say "List Price xxxx" and "Price yyyy (main body zzzz)"
>>
Run into a bit of a situation. Won a listing dress from a seller off LM. It's been a few days, she's read both my messages about it but not sent the invoice even though I said I'm ready for it.

I've been on LM for years and years but i've never had a seller do this to me where they clearly read my messages but won't sent the invoice. Should I be concerned? I really would like the dress but this is giving me a bad feeling.
>>
>>9744707
Time to call the police
>>
>>9744691
it's your money and you're wearing it, why not just buy what you want? just because he thinks something looks better and he has shit taste doesn't mean you have to buy it.
>>
>>9744708
>>9744707
Someone who's not just going to shitpost have any experience with something like this?
>>
>>9744714
You probably won't get the dress, sorry. Threaten to leave negative feedback and see what she says.
>>
>>9744707
A few days isn't that bad. Give her one week (from the time you won the auction) and then send her a message saying if she doesn't give you an invoice in 24 hours, you'll leave negative feedback.
>>
>>9744718
I guess I'll do this but I don't understand why she doesn't have the thirty seconds to send a message saying when she'll send the invoice if she has the time to read it.

I'd never behave this way as a seller.

>>9744715
Ok
>>
>>9744714
I'm sorry but there's questions about this all the time. Because it's normal to take a few days. Guess she doesn't feel like making an invoice yet, or maybe she has a life outside selling stuff on lacemarket. It's not nice of her but it's not a reason to get paranoid either.
>>
>>9744721
>or maybe she had a life outside selling stuff on lacemarket

She read both my messages within like 10 minuets of me sending them but she can't send a message back because she has a life? Sure.
>>
>>9744644
That's kind of skeezy
>>
>>9744725
Yeah she's trying to scam you by not sending an invoice
>>
>>9744730
I didn't say she was trying to scam me. Are you a shitty seller too? I know /cgl/ is known for salt but most of the time people at least are salty about things that they're personally invested in.
>>
>>9744691
My bf has shit taste too so I rarely let him tell me what to buy. The most important thing is if you truly like it, moreso than the retail value.
>>
Why are there so few people selling moitie? Since I got into lolita, I've found everything from my wishlist except the moitie stuff
>>
>>9744707
I don't have much advice because this has never happened to me on LM specifically, but I sympathise. It's possible she doesn't want to start the transaction yet because it means she'll need to prepare and post the item, or it might be genuinely an accident. One seller took a while to send to me because she'd litetally just had her baby as I bought the item.
When was your last message? Sending another can't hurt, just politely say you're sick of waiting
>>
>>9744755
Hoarders. Also the issue is that a lot of ppl back in the day would wear some of it as cosplay and I don’t think those girls are selling their stuff to us.

There is moitie out there, just not your wish list items.
>>
>>9744758
Are you that person who keeps shitposting in multiple threads about people ~hoarding~ lolita? Stop being so bitter people want to keep what they paid for.
>>
>>9744755
What’s on your wishlist?
The moitie sales market isn’t as big as others, but you pretty much see most of their items for sale once a year.
>>
>>9744643
>if it fails, they cancel it and try again.
Depends on the seller, that doesn't always happen. This is how to score ¥2000 OPs.
>>
>>9744755
Certain brands are easier than others to meld into a normie wardrobe, therefore never seeing the secondhand market. I know that happens to IW a lot and the secondhand market is not always huge. Moitie is just well made, generally easy to wear, and timeless. Moitie definitely has collectors that almost buy it for different purposes as well.
>>
>>9741864
You can totally wear both. I wear a lot of Yohji Yamamoto and other Japanese/avant-garde designers when I'm normie because wearing lolita isn't suitable for the workplace/being lazy most of the time (unless it's Halloween). When I was revamping my normie clothes my taste in lolita clothes changed too and my loli wardrobe's starting to reflect that. The best thing about old FRUiTS snaps was the mixing-and-matching, you'd see gyaru wearing avant-garde brands or normies wearing anoraks with lolita skirts and New Balance. But I think if you wanted a more coherent loliable wardrobe you should check out Red Valentino, McQueen, Dior, and recent Gucci.

>>9742609
Take a look at Yohji Yamamoto, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Comme des Garçons, Undercover, Dilara Findikoglu, Uma Wang, and especially Ann Demeulemeester for all your bohemian romantic goth needs. If you can afford it, check out Paul Harnden, Marsell, Guidi, and Elena Dawson.
>>
>>9744853
I saved your post, I'll check them out even if the other anon doesn't.
I can't into following designers, so I appreciate you for pointing me in the right direction.
I personally love Jean-Paul Gaultier already too
>>
>>9744387
Something like that
>>
>>9744766
>see anons talk about the same subject in different threads
>*gasp* they're the same!! the Saaaaame!!

quit pretending to be a fucking detective, jesus.
>>
>>9744736
>most of the time people at least are salty about things that they're personally invested in.
Not the other anon but I'm not. It's easy for to comment on stuff being posted here that has nothing to do with me.
>>
>>9744906
>implying multiple people would be this autistic about the same subject within such a short time frame when this subject RARELY comes up on this board

Okay.
>>
>>9744911
so youre just a cunt in general?
>>
>>9742609
Idk how helpful this is but I've seen runway shows in GLB before
>>
>>9744736
Gulls get salty about dumb questions all. the. time.
>>
>>9744610
sometimes? are they famous/e-famous? if they've put their own name out there already then it's usually ok to talk about them by name here.
>>
>>9745099
see >>9744185 and >>9744257
her other posts got deleted but it took really long
>>
>>
>>
>>9745203
>>9745198
That is just so shitty of her to do that. She totally led him on.
>>
>>9744707
Go with your gut annon
>>
>>9744755
>tfw friend has been dying to get a moitie dress sold and even took a girls lower price offer just to get it sold
>girl vanishes
guess its crappy for buyers and sellers
>>
>>9744913
I find myself agreeing with people sometimes.

So that's more than just me.

>>9744915
why does that make me a cunt?
>>
>>9745337
Did she re-list it?
>>
>>9744766
No I was referencing a particular moitie hoarder though who we all know doesn’t wear her old moitie because she is too big for it.
>>
>>9742750
if you fit baby youll fit babys coat?
>>
>>9745203
is anyone talking about this on the fb posts about him?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.